Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-18-2020, 09:46 AM   #2641
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! A quick check in before I dash off to work.

Kandie, those furniture pieces are beautiful!

Yay for getting haircuts! I was so glad to get mine cut.

Sounds like a lot of fun, Sharon. Staying up late is just my cup of tea! And your idea of dividing your stash up into envelopes for the letter of the alphabet made me smile. Great idea!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
jan31, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:52 PM   #2642
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening all! My sister and brother-in-law were here yesterday...they just left. Had a fun day.

Kandie, your furniture looks great! You are so talented!

Catherine, hope you had a good day at work.

It was a fun impromptu chat with Jayne and Sharon last night. I didn't get to bed until after midnight. My internet is so slow and kept freezing up so that they couldn't hear what I said! So I started writing notes on paper and held that up! Ha Ha!

Visited my mom and 2 of my high school friends came over to see her too on Tuesday! She was thrilled and insisted on making us lunch. She made hot beefs and Boston cream pie! Delicious.

I decided to bake banana sour cream muffins with choc. chips on Wed. for DS and BIL. Well, I put them in the oven with a timer set for 30 min...DH says about an hour later, what is that smell? They were blacker than coal and hard as rocks. I was off puttering around in my craft room and completely forgot! Doggone it! Even worse, I was going to bring some over to the neighbors, too, so I had made 24 MUFFINS. Or as my DH said 24 hockey pucks! Gracie strikes again!

Kathy sorry to hear about your retreat... what a disappointment!
Old 06-18-2020, 05:39 PM   #2643
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie, those muffins, if not over baked sound good. I would love the recipe. I think my husband would like anything with chocolate chi! Sounds like a good Fathers Day treat for him.

What did your sister think of us? LOL
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:47 PM   #2644
Proud Fan Club Member

Tomorrow is payday. Which means it is Walmart run day. The hair salon in Walmart is supposed to open at 9. I'm going to try and get a haircut but if they are backed up, I will make an appointment. It has to be done. I can hardly look at myself in the mirror. What a mess! I'm not even sure they will be able to help! I have an anxiety disorder the doctor calls trichotillomania. Not sure if I spelled that right but basically I twist my hair when I'm stressed and I've been stressed for months. My hair gets knots that I cant untie so I have to pull or cut it out. So it's so uneven . I think just getting some off the length will help. I haven't colored it in months and the gray doesn't really look gray! I have a box of color if I change my mind, but so far so good.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 06-18-2020, 05:50 PM   #2645
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie, save those hockey pucks for hockey this winter! I had to giggle!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:03 PM   #2646
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat
View Post

Gracie, save those hockey pucks for hockey this winter! I had to giggle!

Kathy, good luck at the hairdressers. I hope you can get in.

It was the worst I've ever burnt anything! DH just said thank goodness you didn't set the oven on fire! I kept thinking 24, 24, 24...why didn't I just make a dozen! LOL

Sharon, I'll get the recipe for you...they are really good!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:09 PM   #2647
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, my sister Jean thought you were two very nice and good looking ladies!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 c flour       3/4 tsp soda    1/4 tsp baking powder     1/2 tsp salt

1/2 c butter       1 c sugar           1 c mashed bananas

1/3 c sour cream        1 tsp vanilla

2 eggs (separated)       1/2 c sugar

1/2 c to 1 c choc chips    1/4 c cut up maraschino cherries

Grease & flour 24 muffin tins or use cupcake liners.

Combine flour, salt, soda, & baking powder in a bowl, set aside.

Cream butter and 1 cup sugar in large bowl at high speed until light and fluffy.  Add egg YOLKS.

In separate bowl, combine bananas, sour cream & vanilla.

At low speed, add banana mixture and dry ingredients to creamed sugar & butter. Stir in cherries and choc. chips.

Beat egg whites until soft mounds form.
Gradually add 1/2 c sugar and beat until stiff.
Fold into the batter.

Bake 350 degrees 30 minutes NOT AN HOUR!!!!

Last edited by JRHolbrook; 06-18-2020 at 06:18 PM..
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:48 PM   #2648
Stazon Splitcoast

Bummer on the muffins, Gracie. If I am leaving the kitchen while baking, I take the timer with me, because I KNOW I will forget about whatever is in the oven.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:17 PM   #2649
Proud Fan Club Member

I can't make grilled cheese because I always forget I'm cooking and burn them!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 08:35 PM   #2650
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm so glad I'm not alone on forgetting...my DH does the majority of cooking, so I'm not in kitchen too often! LOL Good suggestion Melody!
Old 06-18-2020, 09:40 PM   #2651
Gallery Gazer

Gracie those muffins sound delicious, I’ve just found sour cream at the English shop that opened as I have a recipe for strawberry cake, we have so many ripening together I need to use them but it sounds almost the same recipe, I will make that next time as I have bananas frozen in the freezer.
Steve gets annoyed if I have done any cooking and leave the room, he hovers over the cooker the whole time he is making the dinner!

I had a chat with Jayne yesterday and she told me you had been crafting together, sounds like fun, we were comparing how our hair has grown in length and thickness, I’m leaving mine a while as I still have a few highlights left, I’ve cut my fringe so I’m waiting to see if I like it a little longer, I’ve been to this point before and got sick of it and had it cut short for summer!

Kandie your furniture is beautiful and I love the handles, you are so clever getting all clean and polished.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:57 PM   #2652
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan,
strawberry cake sounds yummy! I don’t think I’ll be baking for awhile!It’s always fun to do something different with one’s hair, Sharon has left hers longer too, it looks very nice. Mines usually tied up.

Just went to bed and am going to read for a bit.
Have a great day!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:09 AM   #2653
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello,
Wow- such a lively group!

Gracie- you make me smile! I am sure you had fun with your company and your Mom, and great that you could Facetime with Jayne and Sharon!
Sorry about the Hockey Pucks- that is what we call brned baked goods as well!

Kathy- hope you get in for a hair cut tomorrow!

Kandie- love your pieces of furniture. Wow- so lovely! My allergies are so bad, I could not have pieces in the house that have an odor. Too bad, as I miss out on pieces like this- although, I do not mind the smell of coffee : )

Melodie and Ann- do you have to use a special TP or anything like that? I love the idea of taking a timer with you if you leave the kitchen!

Ann, so glad your sump pump can keep up with the increased activity! Glad you are enjoying the grands!

Sharon- I love the idea of Alpha envelopes- that is a fun idea! 

Catherine- hope you had a good day at work.  

I had a horrible allergy day today- bad headache and sinus headache! I asked hubby to run the A/C today, and woke up late and every window on the 1st floor was wide open with fans running. I am rarely crabby, but I was not happy. It was supposed to be a high ozone day...... I finally shut all of the windows and turned on the Air conditioning, but all of those pollens, etc are already in the house now.....

My sister has a compression fracture of her thoracic spine, and I am going to go stay overnight Sun-Mon and help her- told her to make me a Honey do list. She has been fitted for a brace, and no Yoga or anything for 12 weeks...yikes! We take so much for granted everyday .......

Shelly
AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:50 AM   #2654
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ladies

Kandie thank you for your kind thoughts. I’m so sorry to hear about your DD and issues with your DGS. It breaks your heart when family are involved. I love the table and mirror that you bought and wow you put a lot of work into cleaning and restoring it but the furniture you bought is beautiful. Hope that your arthritis isn’t playing up today or your allergies.

Annette, I hope that you had fun with your DGS. How cool for you and Sharon to craft together. Sharon was very excited about it and you girls went for 3 hours. I would love to join in one day if it’s either my morning or evening here.

Sharon and Gracie, was fun to craft together yesterday, and later I chatted with Jan. We didn’t get much craft done then LOL. Sharon, I hope that you slept ok and I’m glad you still managed your walk. I like your idea about putting stash by letter into different envelopes. I keep a stash drawer and rarely go into it...I forget LOL. I must finish the Teapot Party card today. I was doing it whilst chatting with Jan but I really don’t like what I’ve done but I don’t feel like starting all over again. I am going to try and rescue it.

Ann, how great for one of your DS’s to relocate to a newer office. Hope that you are enjoying time with your poppets in your pool.

Catherine, good to see you back on the thread and you sound busy. I hope that you get some downtime for yourself.

Kathy, I can relate to accidentally hitting DH whilst sleeping or just from rolling over LOL. I gave him a fright a few weeks ago as I was being chased in a bad dream and was flicking my arms everywhere. He had to wake me up. Gosh I was glad I didn’t go back to that dream. Did your SU order come? What did you buy? I peeked at the book a couple of weeks ago but was good. I did receive an Amazon order yesterday though and today my Hero Arts one is supposed to be coming. I’ve shopped more whilst being at home LOL
I love the tutorial this week too and your cards were beautiful. Another one added to my long list. I’m so sorry to hear that your retreat has been cancelled but I hope that you get chance to catch up with your friends and the one who helps you with your quilt.

Jan, the marina and where you have brekkie looks a lovely spot. We are going out for brunch tomorrow with all the kids/poppets....9 of us...down the coast overlooking the beach. I love going out for brekkies. My favourite dish is poached eggs, spinach, mushrooms, avo, spinach and sometimes with seeds/sourdough bread. I love mushrooms and could eat them every day LOL. We went shopping again today....DH had to get something and he didn’t want me with him LOL...I had to disappear for a while. In the end he bought me a portable charger for my iPhone and also upgraded me on Photoshop. I never used the first Photoshop so I must take time to learn it. I asked for it so I can crop my photos for scrapping. I went to the stationery store and bought 3 journalling pens that were on special.

Melody, they have septic tanks in some of our rural areas, or as Jan says, in the sticks LOL. I think that’s a British term as I used to say it when I was growing up. DH tells me they still have them out at the farm where he grew up and where his brother now farms. We used to live not too far from the sewerage treatment plant when I was small. On the other side of the road was a wood with bluebells and a stream where we all used to go and play. I would always hold my nose when walking down to the woods LOL. Now it’s surrounded by roads and all the houses in the area have gone, but Oh my, if the wind was blowing the wrong way it was terrible. When we play golf there’s one not far from the club and on hot windy days that can put you off your golf LOL.

Hope those of you who went for haircuts managed to get in and are sheared again LOL. Jan is right, we were comparing hair...I am waiting to go for mine cut and to see what it looks like a little longer. Fortunately not too much grey has come through. DH prefers me with short hair but I have had it so short for as long as I can remember and sometimes a change is as good as a rest, so they say. Kathy I twirl my hair when anxious too but it doesn’t usually break. My hair is so thick that the hairdressers just get our their shears and off they go thinning it out for ages. I would like my eyebrows tinted but that’s for another day..no hurry.

Gracie, it was funny to hear yesterday about your muffins. I set the timer on the oven and if I’m in my craft room and DH doing his thing at the other end of the house, we wait to see who will go first to turn the damn thing off LOL. I still have some choc chip and savoury muffins in our freezer. I forget they are there. I had buttermilk in my sweet muffins...gosh they were yummy. No wonder my hips are bigger LOL. Was so fun to meet your sister yesterday but does she need glasses LOL? I don’t like wearing my specs but have to or everything is fuzzy close up. I seem to be wearing them all the time lately and my mum used to have to wear hers all the time by her mid 60s. I’m so vain LOL. Your sister is lovely and glad you had a nice time with her and your BIL. Great to hear that you visited your mum again and caught up with some girlfriends.

Shelly, so sorry to hear about your sister and yes we do take things for granted. Hoping she heals quickly. I also hope that your sinus and allergy headaches have gone.

I have learnt to live with mine and woke with a bad one this morning but once I am up it goes after a couple of hours. I have been taking Vitamin D as Ann suggested but for the past week I have been feeling queasy each day so stopped taking it for a couple of days. Does anyone else get queasy from taking Vit D or maybe it’s something else that is affecting me?

I think I’m up to date now with chat and saying hello. Waving to you all and sending love and hugs. Is anyone doing VSN next weekend? I now don’t think I can join in as it’s DIL1s birthday and I think we are catching up with her on the Saturday and on the Sunday we are out..doh! Time will tell but I will try to catch up on the challenges if I can’t join in.

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 06-19-2020, 03:36 AM   #2655
Gallery Gazer

Shelly I hope you are feeling better today.

Gracie I've had about as much luck with my cake as you did, first I only just had enough sugar so I put the eggs into my food processor and just looked a the sugar and there were really tiny ants in it, that had to be thrown out, so Steve said use the brown sugar, couldn't be bothered to go out shopping so that's what I did, it should have taken an hour, took nearly two as the tin was smaller but deeper, by the time it was cooked the top was a little too brown but I tried to put foil over it but it kept flying up to the element!
I have been cleaning while the cake was baking and when I got my washing out of the washing machine there were black bits all over the cream mattress cover, not sure where it came from so that all had to be done again!!!
I've up to my craft room to escape.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:37 AM   #2656
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Running behind and lots to do today! Temps are to be close to 90 degrees today!

Will catch up on the chatter later...have a great day everyone! Hugs!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:02 AM   #2657
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning one and all. The trash trucks are roaring up and down our street so it must be Friday, lol.

Kathy, DH tells me if his grilled cheese sandwich isn’t totally black on one side, then it’s not cooked right.

Sharon, what a terrific idea to sort bits and pieces and put them into Alpha envelopes!

Shelly, wasn’t yesterday a terrible day for sinus and allergies? We had air quality warnings all day yesterday and probably will today as well. We went to a couple of estate sales and one was incredibly musty, even the virus protection mask didn’t help. Then we stopped so I could visit Hobby Lobby and someone must have been soaked in perfume. My eyes and throat dried out even further and I got such a headache. How are you feeling today? It may be too early to know. I know I’ve started out with my usual head pressure.

Speaking of HL, not that anyone was except me, this was the store in the next county, and this county has had a resurgence of virus conditions to 300% higher in the last three weeks. It’s all over the news, okay, the officials begging people to PLEASE wear masks and observe the social distancing. So, I am in their HL and what do I see? So few people wearing masks, even the children had none at all. I got so stressed and frustrated at these people... then I had to say to myself, just breathe, wear my own mask, and quit worrying about everyone else. But when I see children, who are supposed to be protected by their parents, ooooh, I just want to smack people!

Jayne and Kathy, you stress-twist your hair, I scratch my head. To the point to where it will bleed, and I don’t notice till I feel the pain and realize what I’m doing. But I never knew twisting hair could cause it to knot like that.

Let’s see, nothing good at either sale yesterday except a beautiful blue stone necklace. At HL I went overboard because I bought a large picture for the bedroom and a stool that would fit under the desk. Also I went crazy with the distress oxides from my list of colors that I couldn’t find at my local store. Yikes. I couldn’t believe I spent that much.

I now have an idea percolating to meet four of the challenges this week, so I’d better get on it and see how many papers I will throw away before something acceptable is created. Have a wonderful day, ladies, I will check back later.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:03 AM   #2658
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, 90 here today as well! Stay cool!

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:27 AM   #2659
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! It has been high ninety here until today, but now rain, rain, rain and 70s. So, finally cooled off, but with rain, I can’t walk.
I am glad you like my Alpha envelopes idea, ha ha, now to do it!

Shelly, so sorry for your sister’s situation. It is so nice you can go help her and do honey dos for her.that will surely encourage her.

Kandie, so glad to see you making more cards again. But, boy you are good at all those other things too. Redoing furniture, making handkerchief dolls, etc. you know what I thought of recently? Your tins you did for awhile. They were fantastic. Do you ever do those anymore?

Jane and Jan, I am glad you both have simalar hours so you can chat while the rest of us are sleeping. LOL

Hi, Annette, Dagmar, Ann, Melody, Kathy, Gracie, Liz, Pat, Lynn, Catherine, Shirl, Sally, Linda. I shouldn’t have started that, because I am so afraid I will forget someone.
Hi , waving to all my precious Alpha Sisters! Love all of you and thank God every day for all your encouragement and fellowship on here.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:35 AM   #2660
Proud Fan Club Member

I just went back and read what I missed. I should have done that first!
Thank you, Gracie for the recipe. I have everything but the cherries, and DH just got back from the store. I guess I could leave them out, or any suggestion for a substitute? I am always substituting!
About forgetting stuff on the stove... I always forget when I am boiling eggs! That is something you do not want to do boil them till the Pan is dry! Believe me on this one!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:01 AM   #2661
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon, you could replace the cherries with amaretto -- JUST KIDDING!!

Nuts, raisins, apples, dried apricots, etc.

Great idea to have alpha envelopes, but I'm sure I would be hunting... "Now where is that letter G envelope? I know I made one, but it isn't here!" Or just forget where I put the whole batch!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:56 AM   #2662
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Melody; all great ideas for substitutions.
Well, I have yet to make those envelopes, but if I do, I think I would have to put them somewhere handy, like right on my craft table, where I would see them all the time, in a container.right now I have a container of envies with goodies from Alpha sisters in a container, the ones I haven’t put with like things yet.Ann’s die cuts are put away Ina book with other dies. A lot of times I have them all mixed and don’t know who I got from who! LOL. So fun to have things already die cut, especially when I don’t have the dies!

Did anyone look at the Mixability? I love what Lydia did, but not sure why it is called double embossing? Am I missing something? She just embossed once. Right?
I never thought of doing multiple colors on same image. I am going to try it. Anyone else doing it?
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #2663
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon, I looked at Lydia's video. She did not emboss twice. I think what she means by double is that she used more than one color of embossing powder.
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:37 AM   #2664
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, Melody.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #2665
Proud Fan Club Member

I didn't see the mix ability challenge but maybe she Embossed using an embossing folder and then used embossing powder?

No luck on the haircut. They are booked full today. But I got an appt for tomorrow morning at 9. Scored a wendys salad, a dunkin coffee. But it sounds like no luck on our SU being delivered today. It still shows delivery today, but it doesn't say out for delivery.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 10:38 AM   #2666
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Rainy, humid day here. My sinuses are a bit swollen. Taking meds to ward off an infection.

Shelly so sorry to hear about your sister. So wonderful that you can help her! Hope you're feeling better today!

Well, I'd better get moving...I've been working on bills and such! YUCK

Hugs to everyone!
Old 06-19-2020, 11:04 AM   #2667
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Hmm, sounds like similar weather temps all around - except for Sharon with rain and 70s. Our projected high for today is 89, glad I'm not going down the hill where it will be warmer.

Shelly, sorry to read about your sister, glad you can go bless her with your help. I hope you are feeling better yourself with those allergies.

Yay for an appointment tomorrow, Kathy! I was so happy to get my hair cut!

Taking the timer with you to whatever room you are in is a great idea...except in our house, the only timers we have are built into the stove and microwave. In those cases, I should just use the timer app on my phone.

Today is an exciting day because Honey is FINALLY getting her haircut. She doesn't know it yet, but her humans are all very happy about that!

I'm hoping to get some crafting done. I did get to go walk the loop with DH before it gets too warm, I miss doing that since I'm back in the office. Now I think I need to go check out the mixability challenge.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:43 AM   #2668
Gallery Gazer

Well my strawberry cake turned out fine in the end!

Sharon the card I made with the lady in the bath was an image someone gave me years ago, I put them all in an envelope, never came across it until I was looking for something else,
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 03:18 PM   #2669
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all! Just checking in. I had to catch up on things around the house today. I was wondering if anyone else has the upgraded version of zoom and can host our VSN chat? Since they have put the 40 minute time limit back on, it would be very awkward to be able to create together since that is not even the length of one challenge.

My Gallery
Old 06-19-2020, 03:21 PM   #2670
Proud Fan Club Member

I only have the 40 minute limit zoom. I didn't realize they put the limit back on. I think it is possible to get right back on once your time is up but I don't know what is involved because I've never figured it all out yet.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 04:38 PM   #2671
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, I am so sorry to hear about your sister and so glad you live close enough that you are able to go and help her with things.

Sharon, I was thinking of those tins on Wednesday when I rearranged the bedroom around and had to find a place to put them. I see things now and then I would like to make, and I also noticed my clay elves in a few of the tins. It would be nice to make some again, but then what do I do with them? No one ever wants one, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
b674044e-4cda-4f9e-82dc-53da14987b92.jpg  

Last edited by Kemernow; 06-19-2020 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Add a photo
Old 06-19-2020, 04:45 PM   #2672
Proud Fan Club Member

I love those tins!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 04:56 PM   #2673
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks, Kathy!

Sharon, I wanted to do multiple embossing colors on my card, but I thought I had copper and I don’t, so I just did it once with clear and then clear sparkle the second time.

Kathy, I just got my SU catalog today. I don’t think it’s just SU that’s still running behind. I was supposed to have an amazon order (part of it, you know how everything comes from different sellers now), delivered yesterday by 8, then I got a text in the evening that it had been detained and would not be here for another week.

Catherine, please post a photo of Honey after her grooming appointment if you have a chance! She is such a doll!

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:59 PM   #2674
Proud Fan Club Member

I checked out the double embossing mixability. I would use embossing paste and then sprinkle embossing powder and heat set it.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 07:30 PM   #2675
Proud Fan Club Member

DS2 is my hero. I was sitting in the dark watching TV when something flew in my hair. I went in to DS but he couldn't see anything. When I came back out into the living room I saw the cat looking at the TV. There was a hellgrammite on the screen. DS2 said get me a bowl and a piece of paper. I gave him a plastic container and he put it over the hellgrammite and we slid a piece of white cardstock behind it and DS2 took him outside where the outside kitty promptly chomped on him! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 07:46 PM   #2676
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, what in the world is a hellgrammite???

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:10 PM   #2677
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

That’s what I want to know too,
Old 06-19-2020, 08:11 PM   #2678
Proud Fan Club Member

This is the one with wings. They call it a Dobson fly.

Daily Scripture Thread

Last edited by muscrat; 06-19-2020 at 08:16 PM..
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:12 PM   #2679
Proud Fan Club Member

Well why didn't my picture insert,?

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:13 PM   #2680
Proud Fan Club Member

Trying again
Attached Thumbnails
dobsonfly.jpg  

Daily Scripture Thread