Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-01-2020, 11:48 PM   #2281
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Night all!

Cardiologist appt was OK, I saw an APN, they called me back at 11, and she did not come in until 12 noon..... I was not overly happy...but stayed quite calm. She was stuck over at the hospital. I guess I am going to have to stay on the low dose meds..... I kept a very detailed log for the past 2 weeks, with AM and PM B/P and made notes if it went up or if I gained weight and it went up (after Chinese food).

My daughter is really anxious over the racism and all of the protests. There were protests in 2 area towns- I suggested she go to one if she feels so strongly. She did not go. Just South of us, in Naperville, there ended up being looting and destruction after the protests.

I did play around with the shaving cream and Brusho's today- no gloves : ) My fingertips are all blue....getting better tonight. I made quite a few backgrounds. Way too vibrant at first, then I got it down and they were not quite as loud.

Jan- hope you saw NO more ants!

Ann, I love that the grandkids can come over in the heat and visit! Yes,we have 90's and humid in the forecast tomorrow. We tried to find a little pool for the backyard, and none are available!

Sharon- just seeing your message now- so sorry- I was in the craft room in the afternoon. Hope to be back up there in the afternoon tomorrow- I have a couple of card kits to get done!

Waving hello to all- be back tomorrow!

Shelly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:11 AM   #2282
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, sorry only just saw your message. You know if I’m here I’m happy to craft with you or anyone who is free. I shall be crafting most of tomorrow from around 10am my time until about 5pm on and off.

We had a large peaceful protest in our city yesterday. We also had our first outing out today and met friends for brunch. We had to register our details on arrival and they had everyone social distanced and hand sanitiser provided. We also did food shopping and it was BUSY. It seems now we are at stage 3 of restrictions being lifted everyone has come out.

Jan don’t get me started on hypocrites and the rich lol. You know what I’m like on my soapbox.

Glad your appointment went well Shelly.

Ann, have an awesome time with your poppets. I have an idea for my I card. That may be tomorrow’s job as there’s no craft for me today.

I’m feeling tired and my brain doesn’t seem to be kicking in at present and I’ve already forgotten half of the chat.

Will say bye and wave and send hugs to you all..keep safe and well and keep spreading the love.
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:18 AM   #2283
Gallery Gazer

Shelly pleased to hear you had an OK appointment, do you have to go back?

that's one thing here they are the only place that are actually on time, the cardiologist actually rings reception if you don't get there quick enough, your appointment number comes up on a screen and it's a fair walk through doors and down a corridor to his room and bearing in mind that any one there has heart problems and some don't walk fast!

We had ants again last night but not so many inside, Steve said he fished loads out of the pool this morning,

We've just been told that on June 9th they are letting people move from their region, so that means that they will all be allowed down from Madrid! oh and on the radio they announced that on June 9th it's a Fiesta, social distancing then!! How stupid, apparently though the Government don't have a majority so they were outvoted as the president wanted to wait until July 1st. Just wait for the second wave of the virus!
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:21 AM   #2284
Gallery Gazer

We were also stopped by the Police going into the Port this morning, he asked for our documents but when I went to get them he asked where we live, Steve said Camposol, he said OK you can leave, checking we aren't out of our area! He was a pleasant young man, Steve told him he was a Police Office in England for 22 years, he said, oh you was a "Bobby"!
Steve said yes but no Pistol!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:45 AM   #2285
Gallery Gazer

My card for the J challenge, sorry it's a play on words, but I just couldn't get my brain working.

Just Chillin by jan31 - at Splitcoaststampers
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:07 AM   #2286
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, how silly is that to have a Festival on the day they unlock borders...crazy crazy. Those ants have come here. I mentioned to you that we walked last evening and they were flying everywhere and I was chatting and got one in my mouth LOL...DH said good protein..yuk. Then when watching tv last night he found one on my top. I said I bet they are in my thick hair LOL. I couldn't believe they were here as it's not warm and after you have been mentioning them. DH tells me we always get them but I must walk around with my eyes closed or maybe have forgotten LOL.

(Psssst...you posted your card on this chat thread LOL...not the card thread. I don't like to tell people but I know you won't mind and I have done it myself LOL. Your mind must be on those ants. I will comment once your image has been approved.)

Last edited by Ozpom; 06-02-2020 at 08:04 PM..
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:43 AM   #2287
Gallery Gazer

Jayne thanks for letting me know, a senior moment, ha,ha
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:33 AM   #2288
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I was reading your great suggestions for the letter J and DH walked by and muttered how much help one of the DGSs would be helping set up an auction tomorrow, and his name is Joe, lol. DH had no idea why I was sitting here chuckling!

Shelly, good job on the doctor appointment. And great job for you to keep such a meticulous log.

I saw the Brushos challenge yesterday but I have never bought any of those. One of these days, maybe, I’ll try them.

I had a real bad sad day yesterday, too much bad news, too many people acting out, too much of DH going on and on and on about the news and talking too loud, I had to get out of the house into a calm area for a while. I went to HL and it was even worse, the music playing on the speakers was The Old Rugged Cross and other slow hymns and those always make me cry. So I went to Dairy Queen and got myself a small hot fudge sundae and then home and took a nerve pill. Gosh, it was just an overwhelming sadness. I’m better today. Days like yesterday make me want to climb into a hole and take Dusty with me and just pull a blanket over our heads.

I asked DH last night to remind me to call the grooming salon today for Dusty’s haircut, and he’s been chanting it over and ever since we got up and I’m ready to strangle him!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:53 AM   #2289
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m trying to see today’s color challenge colors and the image won’t come up. And when I browse the gallery and click on Next Image it keeps going off on a tangent.

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:57 AM   #2290
Gallery Gazer

Kandie I didn’t see the brushos challenge,

Sorry you had a bad day, sometimes everything is overwhelming, good on you to take yourself out on your own. Why would they think playing sad hymns would help, wouldn’t make me think of crafting,
it scares me seeing what’s happening in the states, thankfully our GSs aren’t old enough for joining protests, they had one in the area they live a few years ago, against trump, they just kept crossing the junction, pressing the traffic lights, it’s the main road from SF to San Diego so really busy and a Saturday morning, we were walking and got caught up in the crowds, we couldn’t get past them.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:18 AM   #2291
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I am working at reorganizing all of my supplies now that I have most of my new set up. I spent Saturday and Sunday building the cabinets in amongst my regular chores etc. David helped me with the table tops as they are actually counter pieces and each weigh about 80 lbs. I am waiting for the shelf brackets to come back in stock so I have storage for my stamps. They are currently stacked on my other shelves so I can't get totally done until they arrive. I'm having fun deciding where to put everything though. I had wanted to get it done yesterday but we had a terrible storm on Sunday night and I only got 5 hours of fitful sleep. It was very hard to function yesterday so I took a nap. Back to work, have a great day!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:27 AM   #2292
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just a reminder for posting, (since I had someone bring up the issue) that posting of your cards should wait till Wednesday of the week of that letter.

I post the day before being the hostess.
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:02 AM   #2293
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Kandie I didn’t see the brushos challenge,

Sorry you had a bad day, sometimes everything is overwhelming, good on you to take yourself out on your own. Why would they think playing sad hymns would help, wouldn’t make me think of crafting,
it scares me seeing what’s happening in the states, thankfully our GSs aren’t old enough for joining protests, they had one in the area they live a few years ago, against trump, they just kept crossing the junction, pressing the traffic lights, it’s the main road from SF to San Diego so really busy and a Saturday morning, we were walking and got caught up in the crowds, we couldn’t get past them.
If its the challenge I saw, it's a shaving cream challenge using brushos. I want to try it if I have time. I went to vote. I was second in line outside and was talking to the masked man in front of me. Didn't realize it was DH's cousin until he pulled his mask down! And what's worse is he had his name on his shirt! LOL. Two old friends were there and wanting hugs very badly so we hugged. The one old friend said she doesn't go anywhere but finally broke down and went to same club and spent $500 because she wasn't going out again! Her husband was our best man.

My SIL's step dad died this morning. He was at home on hospice. SIL was staying with them to help out.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html

Last edited by muscrat; 06-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:04 AM   #2294
Gallery Gazer

Sorry Ann, I got carried away n the excitement of finishing a card, my apologies
mcschmidty, muscrat and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:07 AM   #2295
Gallery Gazer

Kathy, so sorry to hear your sad news, funny about not recognising people with masks on, I saw a man we know but he didn’t have a mask on so walked past, he didn’t recognise me, I wasn’t going to talk to someone in a shop without a mask.
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:37 AM   #2296
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Posting reminder early as grandkids are coming in a bit and will be here till late this evening!!

Reminder:
Letter of the week is "J"!

Keywords: ABC13J10, ABC13, and your personal keyword

Have fun with this letter!! Hope it brings you "JOY"! An easy word to add to your card for this weeks letter!

Jungle, Joy, joyful, Just Because, Jolly, ...
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:56 AM   #2297
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies.

I guess the protest yesterday was peaceful, but apparently they are protesting again today. From the park, they walked to the county courthouse. One of our friends is a court reporter, so we were a bit concerned for her.

Kandie, if you have koolaid, you could probably use that instead of brushos. It certainly would be cheaper.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:33 AM   #2298
Gallery Gazer

Melody I thought that koolaid was a drink!
Old 06-02-2020, 11:40 AM   #2299
Gallery Gazer

Just had a call from our GS, he was showing us the puppies and all the stuff they have bought for them, they are gorgeous, apparently one has already bitten his ear!

DIL came in the garage to tell him to go eat his breakfast so we were chatting about her work and our eldest son, etc, her sister is having a baby, due next week, she said that Vic her sister had to go into the hospital on Friday to have her membrane , I thought she said swiped or wiped , they used to call it breaking the waters when I had it done, anyway our GS who is 11 said, mum did you say the are wiping Vics memory?
We were just looking at each other trying not to laugh, then we both burst into laughter, I told her I would leave that conversation for her to explain to our GS, we had to say goodbye as neither of us could stop laughing.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:34 PM   #2300
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan koolaid is a drink but if you buy the powder packets you can sprinkle them like brushos. They are only 20 cents at Walmart. Much cheaper than brushos.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:50 PM   #2301
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, and the koolaid colors are very vivid.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 06-02-2020, 12:50 PM   #2302
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good afternoon! It is warming up here again, I'm so thankful for the two new windows DH installed and can't wait for the kitchen window to arrive. Because they really help keep the heat out.

It looks like I am going back to work in the office this week - hallelujah! I am so ready. I have enjoyed the "commute" working from home but it will be so good to be back in the office.

They did impose a curfew in Sacramento and, from what I saw online, the curfew will remain in place for a while - as well as the guard has been called up to duty here.

DD2's class had their class officer elections today for next year. She has been a senator for her first three years of high school. This year she decided to step up and run for class vice president. After two votes resulting in ties, she and a classmate are co-vice presidents. He had run for president but didn't get it so he was allowed to run for vice president. Of course, all of this was handled digitally via Zoom.

Jan, Koolaid is a drink but, since it has colors, it should work for the TLC challenge from Monday. Melody, now I want to buy some Koolaid and try it with that!

Thanks for the J suggestions, Ann.

Shelly, glad your cardiologist appointment was OK. I haven't tried the brusho/shaving cream challenge yet but want to!

Yuck to an ant in your mouth, Jayne! I don't care if it is supposedly good protein!

Sorry you were having such a bad day yesterday, Kandie. Hope you are doing better today. It is so sad what is happening in the world currently.

I can't wait to see your new space, Annette! What fun!

I'm sorry about your SIL's step-dad, Kathy.

That is too funny, Jan, the conversation with your DIL that confused your GS. I think they do still refer to it as breaking the waters here too.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:04 PM   #2303
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Yes, and the koolaid colors are very vivid.
You can also mix the leftover powder and drink it! Win win!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 01:09 PM   #2304
Gallery Gazer

Catherine our son and DIL was supposed to go to Livermore to collect the puppies but because of the riots they met the man half way, he said it was better not to be crossing any of the bridges near curfew time especially as there was problems in Oakland

Apparently there has been threats they will take the riots to the suburbs so our DIL was worried! They actually live high up overlooking the beach and the hills are very steep, I said they would too tired to cause problems by the time they had walked up to the top of their hill , I can’t managed it any more
Old 06-02-2020, 02:01 PM   #2305
Stazon Splitcoast

I think pretty much all of the summer fairs and festivals in our area have been canceled for the year. State fair, all the ethnic festivals, the renaissance fair. Sad. I don't know if county fairs will also be canceled. Not that I go to any of them, since I hate crowds, but...
Old 06-02-2020, 04:55 PM   #2306
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Just read today's chat. Too tired to remember it all. We got home last night...32 hours in the truck. No major traffic and missed the riots in Minnesota as we went through at 5 p.m. It's nice to be at the lake. Have a great evening!
mcschmidty, lacyquilter, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:11 PM   #2307
Proud Fan Club Member

Glad you made it safely, Gracie!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 07:02 PM   #2308
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, terrific idea! Now I need to buy some koolaid and give it a try with the shaving lotion!

Old 06-02-2020, 07:42 PM   #2309
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm glad you made it home safely, Gracie. What a long trip! Especially glad you avoided the riots.

Jan, I'm glad they are high up on a hill.
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:51 PM   #2310
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Kathy and Catherine. Now, I have spotty internet service. It comes and goes. Slow and takes awhile to load. Sometimes it shuts down completely. I'm going to try to keep up with chat, but it will take me longer thats for sure!

That kool-aid sounds like a fun idea. Thanks for the tip Melody. I'm with Kandie, I may have to try that.
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:52 PM   #2311
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann...I meant I will start my J card LOL...I've done my I. I had a senior moment yesterday too. My brain was not in sync and not sure it is today. I have just had another delivery of mixed media stamps. I'm in love LOL. Our local deliveries are coming quickly now so I hope international mail ramps up too.

I want to try the brusho's although I don't have those but do have another product that is just the same. I also bought myself a cheap can of shaving cream to keep in my craft room to use for the technique. I had used up all of DH's last week when playing with the poppets so had to buy his too. He uses gel and doesn't get so foamy so I am going to try again with my foam. It's going to be a messy day.

Kathy I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your SILs dad. We also had bad news today. A friend's mum is very sick and starting chemo today. She is vibrant, had no symptoms and only 77 so it has come as a shock to everyone. The prognosis isn't good and has reminded us that there's every reason to enjoy every day we have and make it a good one.

Jan, I thought koolaid was a drink too LOL. Melody, I have learnt something and wish I had known this before I spent $$$ on products LOL. I will let my DIL1 know so she can play with the poppets with this. Kathy, I would imagine if I drank it I would be bouncing off the walls LOL. It sounds like one of those drinks DIL1 refuses to buy.

Catherine, happy working back at the office and keep safe and well. Congrats to DD2 and her co vice-presidency role.

Kandie, I hope that you are feeling better today. So much sadness in the world, so much anger but we have each other on here and we can fill this with love and joy and help spread out there. Hugs.

Gracie, you made it. Yay. So glad you are back at your other home and missed all the riots. Hope your internet starts behaving itself and so we can chat/play/zoom with everyone LOL. 

I won over $200 yesterday on lotto...not one win but a few tickets.  I had been hoarding them in my purse and checked them whilst out yesterday.  Now that was a nice surprise given I've been online shopping for craft supplies LOL.  

Someone asked me what I had bought and now I don't know where that was LOL.  

Time to press on and then get out off this pc and play...whoohoo.

Ok..first, group hug as we haven't had one for a while.

Last edited by Ozpom; 06-02-2020 at 10:16 PM..
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:54 PM   #2312
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ANNETTEEEEEEEEEE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HIP, HIP HORRAY, IT'S YOUR SPECIAL DAY. ENJOY IT ALL AND IN YOUR NEW FITTED OUT ROOM.

It is the 3rd here. I so hope that my card turned up but I have feelings it didn't but when you see how long ago I mailed it, know I was thinking of you.

We need a zoom hookup ladies...and a craft day.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:46 PM   #2313
Gallery Gazer

Happy Birthday Annette, hope you have a lovely day, are you doing anythng exciting?

I’m just woke up and in bed having my tea, Thanks for the hugs Jayne, sounds like we need one with so much bad stuff going on, sorry to hear your friends Mum is ill, no one needs any more bad news, I think we have enough with the virus.

Gracie I’m pleased to hear you arrive back safe and sound, must be worrying traveling at the moment.

I have brushos and another sort, not sure why I bought two lots but now I will have to try them with shaving foam, I will check if Steve has some, he has a beard so doesn’t use it very often, I think it’s gel though!

Catherine, good news you can go back to work, our eldest went back last week, he said he now has a dedicated desk even though he usually works from home when he’s not visiting clients but they have said they want them all in the office for now, they have screens between the desk, the board room has a place to have video conferencing with clients who want to see the new products, typical German company, super organised, apparently the factory in Germany only closed for two weeks to get organised so they are all ready to go when it’s safe to start installing lights.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:49 PM   #2314
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
I think pretty much all of the summer fairs and festivals in our area have been canceled for the year. State fair, all the ethnic festivals, the renaissance fair. Sad. I don't know if county fairs will also be canceled. Not that I go to any of them, since I hate crowds, but...
Melody we don’t go to the Fiestas either, over here many dont actually get going u til 10am! I’m in bed by then.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:05 PM   #2315
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I used gel for all of the shaving foam panels I made during the past couple of weeks. It doesn't foam as much but still works. I did buy some cheap foam for myself though yesterday LOL.

See ya later. I've been commenting and leaving love on May creations...gosh it takes a long time. I need a better system and less chatting I think.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:06 PM   #2316
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, the koolaid is a powder that comes in little packets. I'm pretty sure it comes in sugar free, but I've always gotten the regular. There is no sugar in the packet, you add your own, so if you don't want it so sweet, you just add less sugar. A bunch of different flavors and colors to coordinate with the flavor.  We also made popsicles with it.
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:22 PM   #2317
Gallery Gazer

I think Ive seen the packets in Safeway, Always looks like it might have lots of E numbers in it, it’s very bright in colour! Like lots of the fizzy drinks that are sold, have any of you every tried Dandelion and Burdock! We bought some from the English shop here, haven’t had it since I our boys were young, we bought some years ago for our spanish friends to try, they didn’t like it but loved the cream soda!

I like the little squirty bottles that you can put a few drops in water to flavour it, we buy them here now, makes a change from drinking water as I’m not a fan of fizzy drinks.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:25 PM   #2318
Gallery Gazer

These are the new puppies
Attached Thumbnails
45d2c267-1abc-4d9d-a346-6e0a516949e8.jpeg  
AnnetteMac, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:26 PM   #2319
Gallery Gazer

Another closer one
Attached Thumbnails
47ce8a7c-89bc-4f17-8a57-a9bb9e755c2f.jpeg  
AnnetteMac, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:31 PM   #2320
Stazon Splitcoast

Koolaid has no carbonation - no fizz. You add the powder and sugar to plain water, so it's just a sweet, flavored drink.
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.