Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-31-2020, 07:03 PM   #2241
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Are any of you ladies watching the Saturday night and Sunday night movies that have been reinstated again after all these years? That was a good move on the part of two of the major TV stations. We watched Despicable Me 2 last night, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is on now. This one is my favorite, because Sean Connery is in it, lol.

DH’s DB called as he usually does on Sunday nights. The looting that is a reaction to the Minneapolis police incident is so bad in Indianapolis that the city is again under lockdown, travel allowed from 8 AM to 6 PM. Jail and $10,000 fine for anyone out for anything other than a major emergency. His DB and SIL have not seen their son in three months. He is, they are glad to say, still doing well as can be expected according to the staff at his group home, no further symptoms of the virus!

I think from now on (sorry for grumbling) I will buy my DGD a card and leave it at that for her birthdays to come. I had to check with DD2 to see if it was even received. Nothing from GD at all. I wish I had kept that card now.  (Grumble)

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited by Kemernow; 05-31-2020 at 07:13 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:49 PM   #2242
Proud Fan Club Member

I watched Titanic last weekend. I love that movie.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:08 PM   #2243
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Good morning! The Zoom chat and VSN were too much excitement for me, because I was so hyped I couldn’t sleep! LOL. DH said I talked too much and too loud! So I am apologizing for that. Please let me do it again, I will try not to monopolize by talking too much. I guess I am old and think I have to talk loud. But I had a blast! And, I thought we were all getting off and saying bye.

Kathy, I am so sorry about your sis. How is she today? Broken bones are not fun! Did they tape her up? That is all I know about broken ribs, is they used to tape you up.

I am looking for my With Sympathy die this morning. Cleaned off my desk before going to bed and can’t find it anywhere. So we cannot empty trash or run sweeper till I find it.
I already looked on the bottom of my Misti.

Ann, you stayed up until one making a card?

Oh, and Jayne can dance!
Sharon if being quiet is a criteria for going on then I would never be allowed on lol. What your DH said is exactly what mine said to me afterwards. He said all he could hear was my voice and I thought I was quieter on this one lol. We are who we are and dear Sharon, never change. I have to make sure I’m not chatting all the time but I get excited lol. It was such fun. By the way I started your watercolouring challenge last night. Going to finish it today. Sleep well

Ps....Sharon can boogie too...I bet you were quite the girl Sharon in your youth...you rock...oh and check under your Misti for your die..I found one of mine there once stuck to one of the magnets..or check nest your BS 

Last edited by Ozpom; 05-31-2020 at 08:17 PM..
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:11 PM   #2244
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
Jayne can sing too! LOL
Now I know that’s not true and my family will vouch for this lol.

Ann, not sure about the dancing quite well too although I do enjoy dancing.

Catherine, Shelly, Melody and others..trust me you do not want to hear me sing or dance. I was happy and Ann was playing some of the 60s/70s music that I like.  

Last edited by Ozpom; 05-31-2020 at 08:18 PM..
Old 05-31-2020, 08:32 PM   #2245
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I would not want to be on that roof. It reminds me of the roof up to my brothers bedroom where we lived when I was young. I would do it but would be nervous getting down. You are so good painting...it looks lovely.

Gracie, hope your trip back home went well and that you get to see your family soon.

Ann, sorry to hear about your back but hope you and your DGD had fun together. I’m not a frog lover other than to watch them in ponds. Where we lived when I was younger we had a small river/creek behind our house and I would be having to jump over frogs on our path. I also had one jump on my arm at golf a couple of years ago. I was plugging in my battery for my remote buggy and one had made its home in my basket.  It jumped right onto my arm and then jumped off into the bushes. I can still feel it’s slime on me now chatting about it lol.

I don’t like one of my VSN cards...in fact I have a few from previous VSN challenges. Do you remember one where we had to make a card to do with dirt and compost? I take the challenges literally and made a card of a compost with a little monkey in the middle of it. I do not like that card and every time I see it in my stash I think what was I thinking of lol. I have a few like that. I must get them out and resurrect the panels somehow.

Shelly, a zoom wedding...that would be different. Sorry about your neighbours. By midnight here people have to turn the noise down and go inside. Good job it was only a once off.

Kathy, hope that your sister is improving and sorry you will miss your niece’s wedding.

Annette, good luck with your room and can’t wait to see it.

Catherine, that’s freak weather..similar to what we have been having. This week we are back to 21/22 degrees. I can finally do some washing.

Kandie, sorry to hear that there’s further lockdowns due to incidents in the States. I do hope there is peace soon and people start rebuilding bridges instead of tearing them down. It breaks my heart to see what is happening around the world. So much hate, fear, anger.

To anyone I’ve missed, hello and waving. I’m still in my jimjams and need to start seizing today. 

How can it be June already...did I miss a January to end May?

Keep safe and well

Last edited by Ozpom; 05-31-2020 at 08:36 PM..
mcschmidty, jan31 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:46 PM   #2246
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

What a day! I'm going to be sore tomorrow. To help DH, I weed whacked almost half of the back yard area. There is so much outside work to do and it mostly falls on him, poor guy. So today, after running, I decided I'd try to weed whack. I kept having to get him to start it for me again so I'm not sure how much help I was! There isn't any grass back there and we have to keep a clear area around the house for fire safety reasons. I know there is poison oak out there too. I had long sleeves and long pants and immediately took a shower when I came in but I feel itchy! I'm sure I'm imagining it.

Jayne, if the ladies say you can sing and dance, you can sing and dance! I'm sure you are just being modest.

I'm with you, I have several cards that I've made for challenges that I don't really care for. I should recycle them or toss them!

Kandie, we don't have TV so I don't watch the movies. All my TV watching is done online after it has aired. Other than watching at cbs.com or abc.com, we watch things on Amazon Prime and DD1 has a Netflix subscription but I haven't watched Netflix myself.

Jayne, DD1 loves 60s/70s music too.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:33 PM   #2247
Gallery Gazer

I love sixties music, I play it all the time when I’m crafting, I do have more modern stuff Too but I enjoy a singalong as I’m crafting.

Kandie the riots in the states looks awful, why do they think that’s the way to solve here problems, Herve started protesting in England too now about it but it always ends in violence, they are just rent a mob, I don’t think some in England even know what they are protesting about they just go to cause trouble.

Catherine I’m the same if I do jobs where I think anything will get on my skin, last night we had hundreds of ants coming out of the air bricks under the villa, I was out there with any powder sprinkling it all over them and them and inside the air brick, honestly I’ve never seen so many, we always have one day a year when we get the flying ants, they usually cover the top of the pool, they are revolting, anyway as soon as I came in I had to scrub my hands and legs I case they had gone on me. When I came in steve said what have you been doing, so unconcerned, I’m just terrified they will get indoors!

We’ve had photos from DIL this morning, they have bought two pups, short haired golden retrievers I think, they are super cute but I think they are crazy having two! One each for the boys. I said how long before they are bored with looking after them!
Old 05-31-2020, 10:03 PM   #2248
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

How old are your grandsons, Jan? I held out, probably too long, on getting any pets. The girls wanted them much sooner and DH would have gotten them but I said no because I knew I would be the one taking care of them and I didn't need one more thing to do. Of course, at that point, I was working part time, taking care of the girls, the house, and home schooling them.

I'm really like that about ants too....yuck!
Old 05-31-2020, 10:08 PM   #2249
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan...why are you awake so early? I’m still in my jimjams and need to move. I’ve been on here way too long...I say I won’t go on daily but do lol. I am creating later if you fancy a chat..give me time to get out of these and shower..it’s hair wash day too lol. Still two loads of washing are done and out drying. Did you see messenger?

Son1 and DIL1 have 2 large dogs...one is getting old and on lots of meds and DIL1 says she will get another once she passes. DGD loves dogs too and keeps telling me they will get a small dog next time..a caboodle or something similar. Our neighbours have one and she loves to pat it when she visits us. It’s usually outside watching the world pass by..it’s cute. My DH always says to the kids...why do you need more than one lol. The other son had 2 cats. It’s dog city here where we live. We must be one of the few homes without a pet. Some people on the beach path have 3 and there are rules that only 2 allowed unless you live in a rural area. I don’t mind how many pets people have as long as they clean up after them. I don’t like walking and having to dodge the poop on the paths. Our council provides doggy bags in all our parks and on the path so why people ignore them I don’t know. Just plain laziness to me. To those of you who are dog lovers..sorry, no offence.

As you know I’m a cat lover and people say that’s worse as they dig and hide their poop. I guess we are all different. I hope your DGSs don’t tire of their pets...we see it here and I have a friend who works for the animal shelter and so many cats and dogs delivered after a couple of months. If I lived on my own I probably would have a small dog to sit on my lap and a cat lol.

I agree about rent a mob....it is those people who have no idea what they are protesting about that are causing the chaos. We read an article written by an American yesterday in our paper about all the far right and far left groups there that are the ones going interstate and doing more harm. We are watching what will happen with China now they are taking Hong Kong back. Next it will be Taiwan and I don’t have good feelings about this and all the political unrest out there. I said to DH maybe we should go and live in a remote area for a few years. Politicians are pulling away from WHO and so much distrust. I just want peace and I need to find that within myself and go with the flow but it’s our kids and poppets I worry about. I say enough is enough and we get this world back balanced and full of love. Another sorry ladies...I don’t like to get on my soapbox too often but wow there’s a lot happening in our beautiful world and people seem to have forgotten there’s a virus out there and people are still dying from that. So much death.

Ok...I’m off the box now and going to find peace in my day.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:16 PM   #2250
Gallery Gazer

Catherine the boys are 11 and 7, our DIL and son love dogs anyway but they’re lost two dogs in the last five years so decided not to have any more, they both cost a fortune as Poppy had a brain tumour and had a massive op and splodgy had cancer in his shoulder!
So the meds were costly.

We’ve had a video just now, the pups are in The garage And the boys are playing with them!

Jayne were awake because someone, not mentioning a name woke up early, 6am!
If you are around later it would be great to have a chat, I will send you a message when Silvano has gone if that’s ok!
Old 05-31-2020, 10:17 PM   #2251
Gallery Gazer

Jayne forgot to say did you see my message from last night?
Old 06-01-2020, 12:04 AM   #2252
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Getting ready to head to bed. I have an in-office visit with cardiologist tomorrow. I have been having an elevated B/P since the accident. I noticed it when taking a small dose of Prednisone for my back and thought it was a drug reaction, but apparently, that was not it.....

Visiting with my sisters and BIL's was great. It has been a while! They live in the country and it is so nice and peaceful- lots of birds singing and you barely hear a car passing by! We all brought (many) dishes to pass and ate very well! Cod and Salmon and lots of sides.

We got word while there that the protests from Chicago are heading out to the Suburbs, so all of the malls are closed, Target, Walmart, etc..have closed and police vehicles blocking the entrances. Despite these measures, one strip mall about 10 minutes away had a Best Buy (electronics) looted and a Walmart about 5 minutes away was looted. A bit West of us, alot of unrest (Aurora) and a police vehicle set on fire and it exploded..... A Walmart about 20 minutes West was set on fire.... Prayers for peace!!! I agree, alot of these folks are not there to protest, they are taking advantage and are thugs!!! The Metra train closed down so no access from Chicago out to any of the suburbs... I am not sure if it is just for today- it was the 3rd day of protests in Chicago. We live in a quiet community and not used to this type of news.

I was trying to tell my daughter about the race riots in my town in the 70's- we could not protest black and white together- it would be a huge riot! So, some progress has been made, but need more!

Now for a funny- my hubby saw the dog hide- a bone??? maybe.... He went and looked and it was a stick of butter- not sure how the pup found it...but...he did not eat it thankfully. Last time he did eat it and that did not go well... had to spend $100 to have rug cleaned..... Silly pup!

Jan- nope- hubby would have to be painting up there! As I get older, heights and I do not agree!

Waving hello to all- off to bed!!!

Shelly
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:12 AM   #2253
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sleep well Shelly and I pray the riots end and there’s peace for you all.

Jan, got your message and replied. I’m heading to my craft room now..at last..had to help hubby with some jobs and he’s just told me we will be walking in an hour as we missed a lot last week...doh. I may have an hour today for a chat if you see this.

Hugs everyone and keep safe and well.
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:53 AM   #2254
Gallery Gazer

Shelly, that’s so scary, keep safe.

Hope all goes well at the cardiologist tomorrow.

Steve has his on July 10th, on 2nd July he has an echocardiogram, I’m hoping I can go with him but if not I will wait in the car, sometimes he feels dizzy if he’s been laid down too long so I drive home, it’s an hour each way so I don’t want him to go on his own.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:59 AM   #2255
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly...I missed that...good luck today with your appointment.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:07 AM   #2256
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning. I’m sorry I brought up the riots on here, because I know this is our “safe” and calm place, but it really upset and frustrated me, and I am so glad to read other posts about the opinions of my friends on here on the subject. Rent-a thug, that’s an excellent phrase. I read that to DH and he nodded strongly, he’s been telling me how the people are bussed in and paid to cause trouble. Well, I don’t understand it, being a calm (usually) person, but then, the newspapers and stations do have to talk about something, don’t they. There was a protest march here in town, however, it was totally peaceful, thank goodness.

Our local Walmarts have now installed barriers inside the entrances so crowds can’t get in to loot.

60s music? WHOOHOO! Remember Shout from the movie Animal House? I would dance all over the place and sing along, lol. 60s music I totally know all the lyrics to at least 90% of the songs!

Puppies, I love puppies, they smell so good and give such great kisses, lol. Hopefully each boy will grow up with their best buds and enjoy great times together.

Oh Shelly, $100 to clean the butter off the rug! I had to laugh at your story, though, lol, it brought a great big smile to my face!

All those going for medical appointments today, stay safe and praying all goes well.

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:09 AM   #2257
Proud Fan Club Member

What a day already, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
2d65b518-7d26-49c5-9a56-344555a377d2.jpeg  

Old 06-01-2020, 07:04 AM   #2258
Proud Fan Club Member

I went away yesterday and when I came home DH had the four wheeler (ATV) out. I wondered why because he was mowing the yard when I left. It seems that a fuel line broke, the tractor caught fire and he had to run down for our fire extinguisher. And my sister brought hers out as well. Some of you may remember that about two years ago or more, a similar thing happened but I was home that day and I grabbed the extinguisher and was able to get to him and save the day. No such luck yesterday. He was in moms yard mowing and had a longer run and the tractors burial service will be this weekend! I'm very surprised at how well he is taking this! Mom has a mower that is fairly new and has been telling him to use it ever since she bought it. So now he will, until he can find something we can afford. 

Oh, the ATV was out to pull the tractor down to our place. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:11 AM   #2259
Gallery Gazer

Kathy, so sorry to hear that, I would imagine these things are very expensive.

Kandie we have the extinct rebellion, another load of rent a thugs , climate change people, they don’t want any of us to drive or fly but you may have heard of the actress Emma Thompson, who flew from LA to London for one day , obviously first class, to join the mob, they brought a boat into the middle of London and chained themselves to it, what a hypocrite, she also moved to Venice before the virus struck, said she wasn’t living in England any more but guess what, when Italy got the lockdown she came back to the uk, and Prince Harry, oh sorry just Harry and his z list actress wife spouting off about climate Change and then fly seven times by private jet for holidays, what a joke but never mind Elton John planted a few trees for them, They all are hypocrites, no wonder people don’t care about them or climate change, why do people preach to us and then do exactly what they want because they think they are better than us.

Sorry rant over but sometimes I get so mad, rich people preaching to the rest of us.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:16 AM   #2260
Gallery Gazer

On a lighter note we have had photos and videos of the puppies, they are gorgeous , I will post a photo tomorrow, they are too big to post
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:02 AM   #2261
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies. I've been working on my ink storage. I have 10 of the 12 towers glued together, but still a lot more work to go. Water softener is being installed.

DD sent a text to DH this morning just to warn him that there was a protest scheduled in Frame Park (downtown not too far from where she lives), and she didn't know where he was running this morning, but didn't want him there. I'm sure he was done long before the protest, but you never know how early people show up for those things. Hopefully it will be peaceful.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 06-01-2020, 09:06 AM   #2262
Gallery Gazer

Melody I’m looking forward to seeing your ink storage tower,
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:11 AM   #2263
Gallery Gazer

I had a zoom chat with Jayne this morning for an hour, we were doing our scrap pages,
it was great chatting and crafting
Old 06-01-2020, 09:15 AM   #2264
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Good morning, ladies. I've been working on my ink storage. I have 10 of the 12 towers glued together, but still a lot more work to go. Water softener is being installed.

DD sent a text to DH this morning just to warn him that there was a protest scheduled in Frame Park (downtown not too far from where she lives), and she didn't know where he was running this morning, but didn't want him there. I'm sure he was done long before the protest, but you never know how early people show up for those things. Hopefully it will be peaceful.
I can't wait to see this when you are done!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 09:43 AM   #2265
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Riots are going on in Milwaukee too! Terrible damage these people are doing to peoples lively hoods! NO reason for that, you can protest in peace and not destroy things or hurt others. It's so sad.

I remember the riots in Milwaukee in 1968. We lived right near it, my grandfather brought food in for us and there were National Guardsmen on every corner in groups of 4. We moved from Milwaukee within a week after the worst part was over. I do remember the gunfire in the distance and you could see flames in the sky.

Melody, I too am waiting to see your fantastic build. I think you missed your calling, you should have been an engineer of some kind!

Shelly, good luck at the doctor, stay safe! Jan you too as you and Steve go out.

Off to get more wash done and check out the challenges!
mcschmidty and Ozpom like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:51 AM   #2266
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan and Jayne, can’t wait to see your cards!

Jan, YES to don’t do what they do, do as they say, lol. No secrets hidden from the common folk. We know how they really are!

Kathy, nooooooo on the tractor fire! What time is the burial this weekend? I shall bring potato salad, lol.

Melody, your ink pad towers are totally amazing! And I also hope and pray the rally in your town will be peaceful. It was here, thank you, dear Lord.

Easy CAS today (you would think), make it simple and use blues. How hard is that? Not at all, you might say, if indeed you were not my brain, which had this “simple” idea for a card. Almost three hours later, lots of ruined watercolor paper everywhere, I gave up and did a distress ink paper smoosh and let the colors go where they wanted. Now I’m hungry. Ruining craft projects sure builds up an appetite, lol.

Old 06-01-2020, 09:58 AM   #2267
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! My window is open and the birds are singing, DH is typing at the dining room table, DD1 has today off, and DD2 is in her finals week then she'll be done with school.

Jayne, I think you are right calling dog owners who do not pick up after their dogs lazy. Especially since your area even provides the bags for them! When we lived in town, they didn't provide bags, we purchased them. Since moving out to the country, we have found that Honey doesn't like walking out here. She is a city dog. So, if we try to take her for a walk, we end up carrying her. So, she pretty much just does her stuff in her enclosure on our property. DD1 has to rake it up every so often though.

Jan, I'm sure the boys will enjoy having pups with which to grow and play. I can just imagine the energy and excitement!

Shelly, hope your appointment goes well. Was the Zoom wedding yesterday? How was that?

Kandie, DD1 wants to go to a protest which concerns me simply because of the rent-a-thugs as someone on here coined it.

Yes, puppies are so cute and fun and energetic and into things!

Sorry about your tractor, Kathy. I do remember you saving the day before with the fire extinguisher!

Yes, Jan, I am tired of rich people preaching one thing and doing something completely different! So glad to know someone else feels that way too!

Melody, I look forward to seeing your finished project. Are you keeping track of how much time this is taking you? Just curious.

I don't remember riots from the 60s, Ann, but we did live in the LA metro area when the Rodney King riots were happening. I was working at a hospital in the purchasing department and they sent communication around that they may need people to go and help staff a hospital in a dangerous part of the metro area. Thankfully, those riots didn't last long, I didn't even like visiting the hospital they were talking about when nothing was going on, couldn't imagine trying to get in there during that time.

I am so thankful that we are out more in the country during this time - virus and everything else. Very thankful for that!
Old 06-01-2020, 10:00 AM   #2268
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

lol, Kandie, on ruining craft projects building up an appetite!
Old 06-01-2020, 10:09 AM   #2269
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Don't forget if you use two different blues on your cards for the CAS challenge today you can also link it to Sharon's mini VSN challenge!!
Old 06-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #2270
Proud Fan Club Member

Just wanted to pop in to say you could combine my VSN Mini Summertime Blues with today’s CAS, if you do it. Same exact challenge.

Oh, no, Kathy! I am glad everyone is alright.

Anyone, want to FaceTime today? I am in my craft room. I get lonesome . I am sorry, but on one but DH for months 24/7! But I thank God for him!

I did go to Panera today to buy a gift card at the drive up to mail to my secret prayer sis at church. Only the fourth time out and about since who knows when! Besides walking. And since it will get so hot today, 90s, I walked at 7:30 and got home before nine.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:20 AM   #2271
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, we posted the same time! Thanks for reminding them.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:25 AM   #2272
Gallery Gazer

Kandie I’m hopeless at CAS cards, I love them but I just cannot do them.

Makes you laugh that people in England don’t feel it safe to go back to work because of the virus but the are protesting in support of people in the USA so don’t mind standing right next to everyone with no masks and can take their kids to the beach where there’s hundreds of people but it’s not safe for them to go back to school. Honestly I despair of people’s sense sometimes.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:27 AM   #2273
Gallery Gazer

Sharon I wish our times were closer, I would be glad to craft with you.
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:28 AM   #2274
Gallery Gazer

I’m on ant watch, I just hope they all came out last night, our friends around the corner said they had quite a few flying ants I. Their pool this morning.
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:09 PM   #2275
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, when I saw today's CAS challenge I thought, "Hmm, that sounds familiar!" As for being at home with family, yes, I'm thankful they are all here. I feel for those who live alone.

I would have loved to Facetime with you but was working.

Jan, interesting isn't it, how people choose what is and isn't OK. Makes one wonder. I hope the ants are gone for this year.

I had to go into the small town that is 15 minutes from here this afternoon as I had forgotten to take care of something last Friday. On the way, I heard that Sacramento City Council was meeting via Zoom at 5:30 pm to decide if there would be a curfew today at either 7 or 8 pm. Made me wonder how they would communicate it to those who live there. Seems like short notice to me!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:19 PM   #2276
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sorry, Sharon, I was busy today trying to get done as much as possible due to the grandkids coming over again tomorrow afternoon!

It is suppose to be 90 degrees tomorrow.

Yikes, have to find an idea for this week's Alphabet card!!
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:20 PM   #2277
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Any good ideas, Ann? I'm not feeling very creative...which isn't good at all!
jan31 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:38 PM   #2278
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Words to think about for "J"

Jam, jaw, jade, jacket, jewel, jester, jeep, joy, a good jab!

I haven't done my card yet, but did get the color challenge and the tea potters cards done already for tomorrow! Wanted to get ahead with the grandkids coming over tomorrow for most of the day!

Now to think about "J"!! Or a sentiment of "JUST because" would due!
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:40 PM   #2279
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Well night all!!

My brain is fried and no more thinking of "J" till tomorrow!

Sweet dreams everyone!
Old 06-01-2020, 09:25 PM   #2280
Gallery Gazer

Morning , I haven’t made a card for J either, struggling with that one!