Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-27-2020, 08:31 AM   #2121
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Picked asparagus... should have done it yesterday - I think some of it grew 2 feet. Turned on the AC and now I need to go wash dishes. DH called a different company for the water softener, since no one seems to be getting back to us for service. This one said they would come out today. So hopefully that will happen.
Melody. Does one day really make a difference ingrowth? I don't know because I don't grow it. But I love eating it!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-27-2020, 08:51 AM   #2122
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello,
Checking in to say hello. It is HOT and Humid here, as Kandie says- yesterday was 90 with 90% humidity! Today down to 80, with 60% humidity..... rain in the forecast today and tomorrow, we'll see.
I also decided to be a VSN hostess, I have never done it before.... but it is a fun theme!
Kathy, you are such a blessing to your parents! In my Norman Rockwall dream idea, my parents would live down the street and siblings close by. LOL, not in reality for my family- thank goodness for social media.
So sorry your back is still acting up.
Melodie, hope that repairman gets there soon! And yum on the muffins.
Ann, the pool sounds refreshing- do you get in and cool off too? Hope you enjoy the grandkids- and bet they were thrilled they could finally come and see you!!!
Annette- your room will be so nice soon! It is a good way to sort and clean out, or maybe just rearrange : )
Jan- so glad your pool is done and usable-despite the sand.
Jayne and Gracie- sounds like fun crafting together. Did either of you get enabled to buy anything new???
Catherine- sounds toasty where you are. Your hubby sure is handy! And, sounds like he gets so much done too!
Waving hello to all- off to the craft room again today!

Shelly
AnnetteMac, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:26 AM   #2123
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening all,
so pretty washi tape Kandie.

Gracie, I hope your hand is heeling and you feel better.

Ann, glad you had fun with the grandkids.

We are not allowed to see our's, only outside with 1,50 meters apart.
Melodie, we love asparagus. We buy it direct from the planter.
We are still working each day in our garden. We put a new Awning over our Place,where we like to sit. It's 4 by 5 meters large, so we needed more big post, to hang it on.

Today we build another Tomato roofing, so they don't get wet if it rains hard.

Waving hello, to you all.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:36 AM   #2124
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I just opened my laptop...it said low battery, will sleep soon. I guess i plug it in and check back later! oops
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:41 AM   #2125
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Dagmar, your garden sounds wonderful! Can you post a picture of it? Would love to see it!

Gracie, you need a battery backup! LOL!
Old 05-27-2020, 09:52 AM   #2126
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello once more.

I never ever liked asparagus until poured a little olive oil over the stalks and grilled them. My mother always boiled them, yuck, so slimy. Now DH gets the buds crispy and I love it!

And, I never liked rhubarb either until I had a piece of strawberry-rhubarb pie. And that makes me want to stop by the garden market soon, if it is open, and buy a fresh pie to warm up and have with ice cream! Yum!

Ooooooh I wish we had a pool. I’d be in it all day!

Dagmar, an awning over your relaxing area sounds wonderful. Maybe you could post a photo of it for us when you get all settled?

Shelly, according to my phone this morning, there are tropical storms coming along the coast in South Carolina, heading toward North Carolina and then Virginia. The weather map shows it making a curve toward, guess where? You guessed it. Illinois and Indiana right in its path. How lovely.

Kathy, I’m so GLAD the service call went well, and that you and your dad were fine while your mom was gone.

Melody, I do hate waiting on repairmen.

I haven’t decided whether to do the VSN or not. I hate to sign in and then not want to be there. I have days like that where being around others just doesn’t work for me.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:08 AM   #2127
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, I agree. Grilled asparagus. Would hate slimy!

DH is home and mowing again! Rain is coming and he wants to keep ahead of it! He just mowed Monday! Lol

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:12 AM   #2128
Gallery Gazer

Sounds as if you are all having hot weather, it was 26c as we left the beach at 10am, couldn’t believe it but it’s so windy again this evening, we’ve had to prop the bedroom and bathrooms doors open as the wind keeps blowing the shut, it will be too hot if we close the windows.

He’s made a good job of the tiling, they told us they would come when we got home at lunchtime, we were just getting ready to go out at 8 am when the doorbell rang, he had cone early, we left him to it but when we got back he had finished and cleaned all the tiles, Nick came to check that we were happy with the job, Ten year guarantee so that’s good, Steve decided to make a drain for excess water so that’s his job for tomorrow , I’ve got the job tomorrow of climbing up on the little shed roof , ( we call it the sentry box , Steve being ex military! ) to paint the small rejas over our en-suite window, it’s quite high but I can climb up with the ladders, it’s getting down I hate, not very elegant, ha,ha

I’m not a big fan of Asparagus but Steve grills it on the BBQ which I like, it’s so cheap here but in England it’s very expensive , we have a glut of strawberries so we are having them with Greek yogurt every night as a pudding,
Old 05-27-2020, 11:19 AM   #2129
Stazon Splitcoast

DH is out mowing. We haven't gotten a call yet from the water softener man.

Yes, in hot, wet weather asparagus grows really fast. When I said about 2 feet, I wasn't kidding. DH has been frying it in olive oil. I've baked it and boiled it, but never grilled it. I will eat it just about any way, including raw. First picking - I always eat at least one stalk while I'm still out in the garden.

I decided to make a new ink pad holder for all my distress inks. Several years ago, I made one from cereal box chipboard that holds 48 inks, but then of course, they added 12 more colors, and then the oxides, and now are adding more, so I really need better storage. I'm going to make it big enough that there is room for extra colors.

DH just sent me a text that the serviceman is on his way.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 05-27-2020, 11:48 AM   #2130
Gallery Gazer

Melody I like the new speckled egg colour , I think it’s called, I haven’t got them all, great idea to make a holder, I made a ribbon holder and I’m quite pleased with it as I have it on my shelf so can see what I’ve hot without rummaging
Old 05-27-2020, 12:27 PM   #2131
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! A late check in from me. I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning because I had a very hard time going to sleep. I think it was just too warm. I guess we'll have to break down and turn on the AC because we have to sleep! If only we had the new window in the kitchen too, I know it would help so much because the other two windows have definitely made a difference in how much the house warms up. DH was very strategic in which windows to start with.

Your question about asparagus reminded me of a story my brother told me, Kathy. He was watching Family Feud and they were at the end playing for fast money (or whatever they call it). The question was "Name a fast growing vegetable." The person said asparagus. 0 points. The second person came out, got that question and immediately said, "Asparagus." Obviously, that family had asparagus experience but the studio audience they polled didn't! Yes, it grows faster than weeds!

I'm glad your mom's van passed inspection and your time with your dad went well.

20c sounds wonderful to me, Jayne! (After consulting with Google that is.) I'd be happy with that temperature year round, I think. Or maybe I'd get bored, who knows.

Exciting that you are re-doing your crafty space, Annette.

That sounds like a lovely garden area, Dagmar. I echo the request for photos!

High heat with high humidity is horrible! I'm not really a fan of high heat with low humidity either but prefer it to the first. I'm a fan of moderate temps!

I'm glad your DH didn't get too hot working in that heat, Kandie. My DH went out yesterday afternoon after work to do some work outside. He brought a tree down and got overheated. I got him inside and had him show me how to caulk the entry window inside, partially to just keep him inside the house! He then worked with DD1 on caulking the inside of her window.

I hope the repairman has made it, Melody!

I like the new color too, Jan.

DD2 needs some assistance so I'd better go help her.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:15 PM   #2132
Stazon Splitcoast

They came, they saw, they went (with a frozen loaf of rhubarb bread). But we are now scheduled for a water softener replacement on Monday. Yay!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:17 PM   #2133
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Grandkids are coming to swim again! No crafting for me!

It's 87 degrees right now so they NEED to swim, that's what they told me! Cooler days are coming to craft and work outside!
Old 05-27-2020, 02:25 PM   #2134
Proud Fan Club Member

For all my zoom friends!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:33 PM   #2135
Proud Fan Club Member

Our country has just reached 100,000 deaths from the virus.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:04 PM   #2136
Stazon Splitcoast

This morning DH had on some news show and they were talking about the virus and vaccines, etc. and the announcer said something about the government and warp speed in the same sentence. LOL
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:47 PM   #2137
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

We broke down and turned the AC on...need to be able to sleep tonight.
I'm attaching a photo of DD2's choir final. Her choir teacher has the students listen to a piece of music (of their choosing) and interpret it in art on a 6x6 piece of paper.
DD2 chose "In the Mood" by Glenn Miller because she loves that piece. She has it associated with the 50s though (not sure why). So the red skirt with a white "belt" is 50s style, the red hair ribbon and pearl necklace, music notes, and the gold embossed accents are to evoke the sound of the brass instruments playing In the Mood. She didn't have as much opportunity to get to know my mom but she loves that this is a song they both love(d). She also told her teacher that she went with a 3D project because 1. she likes to be different, and 2. she likes texture.
Attached Thumbnails
r91iyelbsci3m1rn9u2o6w_thumb_b6d.jpg  
mcschmidty, lacyquilter, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:41 PM   #2138
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

It sounds like its warm all over U.S. It's in the 90's here this week, but very dry.

Played Mahjong this afternoon. Fun.

Looking forward to crafting Friday. It was fun chatting with Jayne...she had some cool new stamps. Of course, now I have to get them. LOL
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:13 PM   #2139
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
It sounds like its warm all over U.S. It's in the 90's here this week, but very dry.
Played Mahjong this afternoon. Fun.
Looking forward to crafting Friday. It was fun chatting with Jayne...she had some cool new stamps. Of course, now I have to get them. LOL
Enabling is the best part of crafting together! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:25 PM   #2140
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

So true Kathy! Haha!
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:04 PM   #2141
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I don’t know what kind of official training your daughter’s choir teacher had, but she has got to be the most innovative music teacher ever! So brilliant, to have students interpret their favorite styles of music using art. I love it!

Old 05-27-2020, 08:26 PM   #2142
Gallery Gazer

Kathy I think the card you sent me is going to be one that turns up twenty years later as we had a package from our son in SF yesterday, posted ten days ago, can’t believe it arrived so quickly. Although I posted some masks to our son in England over a week ago and they haven’t arrived yet!

5 am and we are awake already, we both had a restless night, I feel as if we’ve been looking at the clock all night, I think one or both of us have been awake every hour!
Steve just said he didn’t even nod off during the day! I normally catch him napping outside when I come down to make a cup of tea at lunchtime.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:58 PM   #2143
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

It’s Thursday..again...isn’t it lol. I had a bad night. I was awake for what seemed hours thinking about what I was going to do for my Tickle card. I had all kinds of stuff buzzing around in my brain. I didn’t want to get up later but had to as my head felt as though I had been in a boxing ring and in a headlock. My sinus are playing up again. The pressure is relieved when I’m vertical. Sorry to whinge, but I’ve just finished 10 days of antibiotics and still one side of my nose is blocked and now one ear feels as though it’s filling with fluid. So over it. I could do with a nice neck and head massage. That’s my whinge for today.
It was fun crafting with Gracie and yes we did enable one another. She bought the funky stamps I was using and I ordered more funky mixed media stuff. Hopeless lol. I’m now sitting in my craft room deciding what to do with the ladies..my stamped ones.
Melody, I love asparagus. I rarely used to eat it in the UK but we have it lots here. DH isn’t a fan but I eat it raw, in salads, boiled, baked, on the barbie....love it. I also love Brussel sprouts and broccoli. In fact just about every veggie.
It’s raining...again. It’s also 20 degrees and the wind is getting up. Catherine, 27 degrees is just about perfect. Storms are coming tomorrow. We have the poppets all day as school is out and DIL1 is working. No personal craft for me so I need to do some today.
I was checking VSN and it’s 5am my time...i can’t remember it being that early before but it must have been. I will definitely be rolling out of bed and making a coffee before I start lol. DH is trying to persuade me to just hop on later...we shall see. As I told him, it doesn’t happen often and he can go back to sleep. It will be over by lunchtime.
I’ve missed a lot of chat but my head isn’t in gear. Have fun
Old 05-27-2020, 09:14 PM   #2144
Gallery Gazer

Jayne sorry to hear you are still not well, sounds like you had the same night as we had, I will be flagging by 8 am!
Not sure I could get up at 5am to craft, then again I’ve been awake since 5 today.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:57 AM   #2145
Proud Fan Club Member

Dusty dog got me up at 6 this morning to go out, now DH and I are sipping our coffees and trying to wake up and she’s gone back to sleep. There is something wrong with this picture!

Jayne, I feel so bad for you! Oh gosh I hate the head in a vice feeling, I have it too often not to have sympathy. Ten days of antibiotics? Is it a sinus infection? Did you get any relief at all?

Old 05-28-2020, 04:07 AM   #2146
Proud Fan Club Member

Take a look at Sabrina’s card for WT this week. It’s on sourdough bread, lol.

MIX382 Homemade Bread by Cook22 - at Splitcoaststampers

Old 05-28-2020, 06:05 AM   #2147
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Kathy I think the card you sent me is going to be one that turns up twenty years later as we had a package from our son in SF yesterday, posted ten days ago, can’t believe it arrived so quickly. Although I posted some masks to our son in England over a week ago and they haven’t arrived yet!

5 am and we are awake already, we both had a restless night, I feel as if we’ve been looking at the clock all night, I think one or both of us have been awake every hour!
Steve just said he didn’t even nod off during the day! I normally catch him napping outside when I come down to make a cup of tea at lunchtime.
Wow! Still not there? I could probably send another and have it arrive first! I know other cards I've sent you have taken longer too. Maybe I should start your birthday card NOW! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 06:16 AM   #2148
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I just checked and that card was mailed on April 15! I keep a list of what I mail! That's six weeks already!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:50 AM   #2149
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Jayne and Jan, so sorry to hear you both did not sleep well. Hoping your headache gets better, Jayne! Sinus issues are so awful. I don't get them as much now that I'm taking vitamin d.

Spouse woke with a headache too today. He's still in bed as is most days he's not getting up till noon!

Need food so I'll be back!
mcschmidty, jan31, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:43 AM   #2150
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Sorry about the restless nights Jan and Jayne.

Kandie, Sabrina's card was so full of texture. Loved it.

Kathy, what a good idea to keep track of cards sent. I forget to whom I've sent, what card I sent and the date I sent it. I think I'll get a little notebook and do that too! Thanks for the idea!

Hand still giving me grief but so glad to have right hand. It sure gives me a glimpse of what Sharon had to deal with. I'm amazed how well she did with 2 broken wrists!

Going to work on some cards today. It's suppose to be in mid 90's...a hot day!
mcschmidty, jan31 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:32 AM   #2151
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is supposed to be another hot day here, we are scheduled to get relief beginning tomorrow thankfully. DD1 has an 8 hour shift today at Starbucks - she had to be there at 4 am which means leaving our house at 3:30 am. DD2's school is having student body officer elections for next school year and she is in charge of running the election. Of course, it is done electronically and she is having so much fun watching the votes come in! DH and I are working from home...same old, same old.

Jayne, I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly - and after completing a round of antibiotics too! Praying you get better.

Jayne and Jan, sorry you had bad nights. I had that problem Tuesday night but slept better last night because we turned on the AC. It didn't run all night but it cooled the house to a reasonable temp. I sleep best in the winter though.

Sorry, Jayne, 27 degrees would be too warm for me! That is definitely AC time!

Kandie, the music teacher also teaches art classes sometimes. I think that is why she has them interpret a piece of music artistically for their choir final. When DD1 first told me about her choir final my reaction was, "Wait, what?! Choir final?!" because we didn't have those back in the dark ages when I was in school!

Yes, something is wrong with the picture that Dusty is back asleep and you and DH are drinking coffee trying to wake up. I take it falling back asleep after letting her out at 6 am isn't possible? I was up early on Monday to take out our trash because DH said he'd do it in the morning and I was concerned they would come before we had it out. I woke up, he was in bed still, and I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep unless the trash was out. So I got up, took out the trash (carrying the rolling can to the street because I didn't want to disturb anyone's sleep), took Honey out, gave her her morning pumpkin, and went back to bed. I didn't think I'd be able to sleep but I succeeded!

Kathy, I agree with Gracie, keeping a record of the cards you mail is an excellent idea.

Gracie, I will forget what card I sent and someone will tell me they loved the card and I'm thinking, "What card was that?!" Are you getting better at typing with one hand? I need to get started on more cards but first, work!
Old 05-28-2020, 10:43 AM   #2152
Stazon Splitcoast

I try to remember to put type of card and date sent in my contacts on my phone, but sometimes I forget. I do not, however, remember what card was sent.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:49 AM   #2153
Proud Fan Club Member

My last two bulk mailings were of basically one card mass produced so it was easy to remember. But most times I don't remember which card I sent so if someone asks about it, I ask for them to refresh my memory as to what it looked like. Then I remember how I made it or what I used.

I keep a list of everything I mail, including bills. It helps me remember if I sent a payment I needed to.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #2154
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Jan, I just checked and that card was mailed on April 15! I keep a list of what I mail! That's six weeks already!
Kathy I said to Steve that it’s taking a long time, he said he wondered if mail was held over in lockdown as in quarantine.
No planes have been flying here as the country is closed to other countries so maybe that’s why, although we had an anniversary card arrive yesterday from England, sometimes Steve’s pension statement comes via the Philippines .
Old 05-28-2020, 11:01 AM   #2155
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
I try to remember to put type of card and date sent in my contacts on my phone, but sometimes I forget. I do not, however, remember what card was sent.
Melody I take a photo of most of my cards and keep in on my computer in a folder and when I sent one out I put a name against the card so I know who I sent it to as sometimes I make a few that’s similar, them I just delete the folder.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:03 AM   #2156
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Storms are coming here!! It's beginning to look like night time.
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:07 AM   #2157
Gallery Gazer

Steve managed to get back to sleep for an hour at 7am, I tried but after half an hour I gave up.
Steve dug out the soak away he’s making and I grouted some tiles in the BBQ area, we couldn’t get grout in lockdown, we’ve had lots of soil etc appearing under the BBq, I used the rest of the grout to fill some holes under the worktop, as soon as i the first bit in the hole loads of ants came out, they’ve obviously made a nest in the brickwork!
I hope they escape quick because tomorrow i will mix some more to completely fill all the holes, I really hate ants!
Old 05-28-2020, 11:08 AM   #2158
Gallery Gazer

Ann we had thunder and lightening at lunchtime and a quick downpour, an hour later the sun was out and it had dried, it always brings sand down so Steve’s car is covered in sand.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:43 PM   #2159
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, the quickest way to get rid of a nest of ants is to pour boiling water on it.
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:27 PM   #2160
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello from your friendly night owl : )

We had rain in the forecast, it was supposed to start in the afternoon, then forecast changed to evening. we thought it would be fun to make shish-kabobs , but changed our idea. we had a downpour and then it stopped, and heat cooled down quite a bit....er and a game night.

DD2 is going to leave Sat AM now...so tomorrow, we will do dinner together and then a game night, so not sure if/when I will join the Zoom.....
It has been a delight having her here- so sad to see her get back to school....

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.