Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-23-2020, 10:33 PM   #2001
Gallery Gazer

Our son buys ice cream and we didn’t believe him when he said it was dairy free as it tastes the same, he didn’t buy it because it was dairy free, our GS likes the vanilla flavour!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:29 AM   #2002
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, good morning, does everyone still have power? We had a storm crop up that turned into tornado watches, rain coming down so fast it looked like fog, and 56 mph winds. Dusty hit the floor running! I thought all our flower baskets would be in neighbors’ yards, but they hung in there (“hung”, get it? Ha!). I know, too early for humor. . We didn’t lose power, but as of this morning there are still 12,000 without.

Shelly, how is Chicago this morning? Did you get any of that nasty stuff or did you just send it all to Indiana, lol.

I would worry about DH flying. He had a 5-bypass, I don’t know what that’s called. He still can’t sleep on his back, he said the pressure makes his chest ache. The doctors filmed his surgery. His chest bones are so thick that they had a terrible time getting to his heart. His chest now looks like someone went after him with a hacksaw. However, 10 years and counting, he’s doing fine. I asked him about insurance, he said he never heard of such a thing. How long ago was Steve’s surgery?

I’ve already forgotten what all I read. Oh yes, Kathy, I had a day like yours on Friday. Cleaned, vacuumed, rolled up and drug all the large rugs from the kitchen to the bedroom and swapped the bedroom rugs to the kitchen, I thought the colors would look better. Actually, I’m sick of the rugs in both rooms, lol.

Lifted up nightstands to slip rugs under, swapped small chests from a bedroom to the dining room and went through the drawers and did clean outs, straightened up the craft room and moved stuff around. That was Friday. Yesterday I was so miserable, everything ached. This is what I do when DH works a sale. I do all the stuff I can’t get done when he’s around, lol. Then I pay for it the next day.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:20 AM   #2003
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.

Kandie, we had some rain and a little thunder, but not anything wild. I clicked on weather.com about 10 minutes to 8, just to check what today was going to be and noticed a tornado watch. I'm thinking, what? Clicked on it and southeastern WI was under a tornado watch until 8 p.m. We didn't have any theatening weather at all.

Friday, between Mark and I, we finished tilling our front flower garden. He will spade roughly, but then I had to go over it with a hoe and break up the bigger clod of dirt. I raked it pretty smooth and sprinkled marigold seeds over it. The seeds were some of what I saved last summer. I don't plant them, just sprinkle and let the sun and rain do the rest.

Later, I noticed my fitbit was acting strange. The display was all jittery. I thought maybe it was dying. I always take it off at night, because I'm not comfortable sleeping with it on. Saturday morning, it was back to normal. I'm thinking it didn't like all the pounding/chopping I was doing in the dirt.

Today, we're going to my daughter's for lunch. We all ordered from Fresh Finn Poke and son will pick it up on the way. I'm taking the ice cream I made. I hope it's more solid today.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 05-24-2020, 07:33 AM   #2004
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

The storm is here too..heading to bed. Nite nite. Have a good one.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:58 AM   #2005
Gallery Gazer

Kandie, Steve has his nine years this October but we have managed to get travel insurance for all those years, it used to be £250 basic for both of us then it costs us £565 extra to cover Steve’s heart problems, it started to go up in price , one year we paid £1400 for one trip, but then after five years and no further problems it was cheaper and then when he had no changes in his meds for three years it started to get a little cheaper well apart from the normal increases, but this virus is another thing entirely, I’ve not been trapped inside our villa for all these weeks to risk going to America to catch it with no insurance.
I know from Experience that the first thing they ask at the hospital is for your insurance documents
Old 05-24-2020, 08:15 AM   #2006
Stazon Splitcoast

The only time Mark has gotten travel insurance is when he went on mission trips to Kenya and Guatemala. I think it was required, because medical facilities are just not advanced there as they are here. The insurance would cover him being flown out to get medical help, etc.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 05-24-2020, 08:17 AM   #2007
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Humidity is rising here so our air is already on today! Can't breathe otherwise, asthma kicks in!

We got outside for a little while yesterday, weeded the one large bed by the garage and we moved two day-lilies from the font to that bed. We need to get them all moved as we are having landscapers come in and remove all the lava rock and rock borders and going with just grass. Enough to do on the yard and with us getting older too hard to keep everything up.

Will catch up on the chatter later...doggies are waiting for me!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:43 AM   #2008
Gallery Gazer

Melody America won’t treat non citizens unless you can prove you can pay, the same in Spain, no documents , no treatment without paying. England is a soft touch, treat the whole world and don’t ask for payment, no wonder the NHS is broke.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:40 AM   #2009
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, I was sick of all our rugs in the house too!! So I bought all new ones! LOL! They keep showing up and spouse doesn't say a thing! I asked him if he liked the ones in the family room, he did say yes.

They are all "Maple Rugs" from Amazon. Good quality and made in the U.S.

The dogs like them too! Can't seem to get Iris off the one by the patio door, she is sleeping on it at night too instead of her round large pillow.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #2010
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy day all. Not liking the one hand business. I don’t know how yoiu did it with 2 Shsaron. Hsppy Day all
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:23 PM   #2011
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA, last week was hectic. I went into the office on Wednesday and Friday last week because PG&E turned off our power on Wednesday for some maintenance work. DD2 and DH took the day off from school and work, but DD1 and I headed to work. Last week was DD1's finals week, she has now completed her first year of college. She took finals at my work last Wednesday and I worked.

I should say that DH took Wednesday off from his paid work. Instead he installed a new window in DD1's room. He hoped to get at least two windows installed but, of course, there were problems along the way so, when we got home, he had her window in but poor guy was exhausted! Today he hopes to install the kitchen window. He has two windows still to install - the kitchen and the entry.

No big storms here....but big heat coming this week. Triple digits down the hill at work and almost triple digits up here at home.

Gracie! I'm so sorry to read that you hurt your hand, that is such a bummer! When are you headed back to Wisconsin?

Lots of chatter that I missed, I'll have to go back and read it. I hope everyone is doing well - other than Gracie's hand.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #2012
Stazon Splitcoast

We went for a long walk along the river this afternoon. A bit too warm for me. The guys went further, while DD & I took a rest. I was really dragging by the time we got back to DD's. Lots of people out. DD said it was a pokemon community day.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:09 PM   #2013
Proud Fan Club Member

I hurt more tonight than I did after cleaning up yesterday after the ceiling repairs! I was getting stuff ready for a last minute picnic tomorrow. Made a sheet of Tandy cakes. Cooked pasta and peeled cucumber for pasta salad. Cut up potatoes for oven baked parmesan potatoes. Did some dishes. DS2 and his gf want to make shish kabobs on the grill. He also said he was getting sweet 🌽.

My back hurts tonight. Ohhh Titanic is on and they're just about to crash!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:20 PM   #2014
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I cut up the watermelon for tomorrow and made a sheetcake full of brownies! Sons were already into them!

Need to do some cleaning yet! Grandkids are coming over tomorrow for the first time since early March. They have not been anywhere but home so I think its safe! Or I pray its safe!
Old 05-24-2020, 06:23 PM   #2015
Proud Fan Club Member

I saw little man tonight. He doesn't socially distance very well! LOL. He's grown an inch since I saw him! I had to explain carpenter bees! Lol! And his mom is an animal lover. I told her about trying to catch the possum and she asked what I was going to do when I caught him. I said you don't want to know. She says if you catch him bring him to my house! She feeds a possum every night on her back porch! She even has a picture of her touching his tail! Believe me, if I catch him he's not going to her house. Her mom would kill me. But I've already removed the trap so no worries.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:30 PM   #2016
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm pretty sure a sprinkling of cayenne pepper will keep most wild animals away. But you need to reapply after rain.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:31 PM   #2017
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
I'm pretty sure a sprinkling of cayenne pepper will keep most wild animals away. But you need to reapply after rain.
But what about cats? I can't put some stuff out because my sister's cats like to visit since I feed them!

Daily Scripture Thread

AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:50 PM   #2018
Stazon Splitcoast

It's not going to hurt them. Most animals don't like the smell. I don't think you need to put it where the food is. Just where they might cross to get to it. Not sure what the cats would do. Doesn't your sister feed her own cats?
Old 05-24-2020, 07:37 PM   #2019
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone. Catherine good to see you back and gosh you’re DH is a hard worker. Hope you get the other window in. It’s hot where you are.

I heard on the radio that 62000 homes were without power last night. Now 50000 this morning. Thank goodness our area isn’t affected but I feel sad for those without power and for those who have had serious damage with the storm. It’s still raging out there. So windy and cool it makes your bones shake. We expect lots of rain all week. Good for the farmers. We seem to have been left some pressies on our deck so a bit of cleaning up to do out there.

Gracie, keep healing and one hand packing won’t be much fun.

See y’all later

Last edited by Ozpom; 05-24-2020 at 09:51 PM..
Old 05-24-2020, 07:56 PM   #2020
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jayne, that is so sad with all the storms. 2020 so far has been one awful year for strange things happening!

Night all, have to get up early to make taco dip, banana bread, and cookies! Did most of the cleaning this evening.

Pleasant dreams everyone!
Old 05-24-2020, 08:01 PM   #2021
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Poor DH! He worked and did all the adjustments to be ready to put the new window in. Then he came and got me to help him lift it into place saying, "If all goes as it should, the new window will be in within 30 minutes." Famous last words! We lifted it into place, it wouldn't go. He thought it was something with the trim so he worked on that, I went back out to help lift it into place, still wouldn't go. I pointed out that it wasn't even going up to where ti should. He then measured and they made our custom window 3 inches too tall. Go get the paperwork, thankfully the mistake is with the manufacturing of the window. They built a bigger window than was on the order so they'll have to make it right. Thankfully, he was careful in the removal of the old window so it is back in place.

On the bright side, DD1's room didn't get as warm today because her new window is so much better...yay!

DD2 and I went hiking with DH yesterday (it wasn't as warm yesterday) and I forgot to put lavender oil on before leaving the house...so now I'm all itchy because of bug bites. DD2 was eaten too. DH? Not a single bite.

Sorry you are in pain, Kathy, hope it is better tomorrow.

Yay for the grandkids coming over, Ann!

That sounds like quite the storm, Jayne!
Old 05-24-2020, 08:23 PM   #2022
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
It's not going to hurt them. Most animals don't like the smell. I don't think you need to put it where the food is. Just where they might cross to get to it. Not sure what the cats would do. Doesn't your sister feed her own cats?
Yes, she does but apparently they like mine better! LOL and it's only two of her five or six cats! She also has annoying ducks! I had to put up some lattice around the railing of my deck to keep them from pooping there! I hate confrontation and don't want to start trouble so I do what I can to keep the peace and we get along fine. I'm the oldest, she's the baby...12 years younger.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 08:38 PM   #2023
Gallery Gazer

Catherine sounds as if you’ve been busy, so annoying when people get things wrong, a good job you realised before you spend any more time trying to fit the window.

I didn’t know about lavender oil and bugs, Steve gets bitten all the time, I don’t usually although sometimes we have tiny black flies that bite!

Kathy our son has problems with Racoons, they get in the bins and then can’t get out!
He now has massive clips on the bins so they can’t get in.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:14 PM   #2024
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Well, actually DH was the busy one. I was just the extra bit of muscle to lift the window into place when he needed two more hands.

Yes, lavender essential oil seems to repel bugs well for me at least. And, since they find me tasty, this is a good thing. Too bad I don't care for the scent of it!

Is this the son in San Francisco or in England that has the racoon problem?
Old 05-24-2020, 09:17 PM   #2025
Gallery Gazer

Catherine the son in San Francisco, not sure if they have racoons in England, if they do I’ve never seen any, thank goodness. They have loads of skunks too in SF, sometimes when you are driving you can small where they’ve been run over.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:21 PM   #2026
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

When we lived down in the city (actually a suburb of Sacramento), I was surprised to hear noise in our backyard. DH had already gone to bed but the girls and I were still up. I turned on the back yard light to see what what out there and realized it was some sort of critter. DD1 and I went out there and found that there were several racoons in our back yard! I had never seen them before, I was surprised they were in an urban area like that. When DD2 found it was racoons, she was freaking out and telling us to get back in the house!

We had a lot of skunks in town too. There are some out here but not as many...hmmm, wonder if the bears and mountain lions keep their population down up here?
Old 05-24-2020, 09:25 PM   #2027
Gallery Gazer

They get Mountain lions too where they live, they get warnings to be careful walking dogs on the ridge sometimes, I love the deer but they break the fences jumping. Over them.
They just stroll around the neighbourhood eating the grass and any5hing else they find, they kept eating the lemon tree in the front garden so steve potted it up and put it on the back deck, our son showed us the other day, it’s actually got flowers and a tiny lemon!
Old 05-24-2020, 09:29 PM   #2028
Gallery Gazer

Good news, our DIL had a call from the school, they have an appointment to take GS Thursday evening to view the school and have a talk, they said they have vacancies so that’s good news, his best friend is trying to get in the same school too so that will pleased our GS

Also our youngest GS is starting back to Daycare next Monday, they are having staggered starting times, our son is pleased as he’s worried that when he starts school in September he will get upset, he’s become very clingy being with his Mum and dad for all this time.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:55 PM   #2029
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Gosh a lot of chat whilst I’ve been cleaning LOL. Taking a break before I carry on...as you do.

Catherine, so sorry the manufacturer sent the wrong size window...what a bummer and luckily your DH could fit the old one temporarily.

Jan good news about your DGS.

It’s still windy and raining here. I have to go food shopping later. DIL1 has also asked if we can have the poppets end of this week as they have a pupil free day....seems strange to think they will be here all day. I shall have to think of things to keep them entertained LOL.

Sleep well and hope you got back to sleep Jan
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:12 PM   #2030
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, I love the deer too - but they are why we haven't even tried to have a garden. We need to terrace the back yard to even make a level place for a garden and it will have to be fenced.

How fun to have a tiny lemon on the tree! And that is good news about your GS's school opportunity.

Jayne, I hope the wind and rain stops before you have to go out food shopping!

I'm just thankful DH thought to be careful with the window just in case!
Old 05-24-2020, 11:37 PM   #2031
Gallery Gazer

Jayne, I hope you haven’t Had the same awful problem when you are golfing as tiger woods, the poor bloke has had to drive his own golf buggy, so sad, honestly you couldn’t make it, these celebrities need to get a grip!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:43 AM   #2032
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, and happy Memorial Day for those in the States. We watched NASCAR yesterday, it took place in Charlotte, NC. I’m so glad DH was outside grilling burgers for the opening ceremonies, they were so moving, all done live by various videos, he would have cried. No crowd, just the drivers and their pit crews, all wearing masks. Commentators were high up and following by video. The young man who sang the national anthem had a seriously damaged face from the war but struggled to sing the song, looked like he was on the lawn of the Washington Monument maybe. Oh my, I have to stop now or I’ll tear up again.

We went from winter into a few days of spring and now it’s summer, suddenly in the 80s with stifling humidity. Totally normal for this area. DH broke down and turned on the A/C this morning.

I believe we are in Stage 3 of reopening, and area people have suddenly forgotten the rules. Crowds everywhere, no one wearing masks. DH’s granddaughter and her DH brought their newborn, the one who spent so much time being protected in the hospital, to the estate sale. Neither of them wore masks and the baby’s face was not protected. DH and his DS1, who is the granddad, nearly hit the roof, they were so aggravated. I just don’t get it.

Ann, I believe we are going today to pick out rugs! Yay!

Jan, I wonder if it’s international flights only that have to have the insurance?

Catherine, what a week you have had! And how in the world does a window company make a 3” mistake in a window order?!

Kathy, I feel for you with the possum. We had a sick raccoon last year, it was in the back yard and we were nervous to go out because it was very aggressive. The Humane Society came out twice before they finally captured it.

Jayne, how is the storm situation there today? Our weather straightened up finally, but there are branches and tree seed pods EVERYWHERE.

I’m going to try the two challenges today. Anyone else have plans to craft?

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:12 AM   #2033
Gallery Gazer

Kandie as far as I know anyone who isn’t a citizen of the USA can’t have free health care, well citizens don’t do they, you all have health cover through work or private insurance, there’s no free health care in America is there?

Our son and DIL get health care paid through work and can use it here Too,, my friend came here and was stung, her face swelled up and she had to have an antihistamine shot, they took copies of all her medical documents and passport before they treated her, in fact when Steve had his heart attack they took all our insurance details before I even could see Steve. The lady at the hospital told my son if we didn’t have health insurance or the money to pay we should get on a plane home straight away.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:14 AM   #2034
Gallery Gazer

Jayne I’ve made two cards, the one I was working on when we were talking and another cut into pieces, thanks for your help and ideas. That’s two pieces I’ve used up, I’ve made three pieces for the splattered challenge too, still figuring that out.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:46 AM   #2035
Gallery Gazer

Kandie I meant to say the Memorial service sounds very touching, my husband was in the military and it was always very moving, I think in America they treat veterans very well.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:46 AM   #2036
Proud Fan Club Member

I can't believe what kind of people we have raised in America. The many who have run to the beaches and no masks or distancing. They feel that it's all about them with no worries what they might bring home to the rest of the country. I know it's easy for me to complain because I hate traveling anywhere but honestly, they will have no right to complain if they get sick or make their own loved ones sick! I don't wish it on them. But I certainly cry when I see stupidity in groups. And I pray for them, and pray I'm wrong.

Daily Scripture Thread

Last edited by muscrat; 05-25-2020 at 07:55 AM..
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:53 AM   #2037
Gallery Gazer

Kathy our son lives right near the beach and DIL says the police had to patrol the beach as so many came from other towns to surf and picnic, they closed the car parks so they parked all along the roads blocking all the houses.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:56 AM   #2038
Gallery Gazer

They’ve opened our beach today I can image the spanish, apparently they can’t sit within 6 metres of the sea, the spanish actually sit with their practically in the water so I’m looking forward seeing that, mind you there’s been police sat near the beach since lockdown was relaxed
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:03 AM   #2039
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Memorial Day!

Still typing with one hand, so I'm enjoying reading all the chat.

I may craft today.
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #2040
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! It's a lovely day here today so I will spend most of it outside. I got to see my family yesterday. We haven't seen my daughter and future son in law since Christmas. It was great to finally see them even if we still had to sit 6 feet apart.

Funny story. I realized that I forgot to post my cards for GA and H so I went to upload photos and saw that I hadn't taken any. Then I realized that I had already mailed my H card to one of you! I need to make a new H card now. Oh well.
Have a great day!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.