Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #1881
Gallery Gazer

Just had an email from our son in SF, his flights for next month have been officially cancelled, they’ve given him a credit note plus 20% extra, he says he will try and book to come out over Christmas, I’m relieved really as I would worry about them flying so soon and I know he didn’t want to come and risk picking up the virus and giving it to us.
Oh well at least we know , disappointed we won’t see them but I’d rather they were safe.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #1882
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry Jan, I'm sure it's disappointing, but now you have Christmas to look forward to them coming. I'm glad they will stay home and be safe.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:09 AM   #1883
Gallery Gazer

Gracie that’s true although we have flights booked to SF at the end of September, not sure that will happen and to be honest I would rather not fly this year although I will be upset not to see them but if they come for Christmas that would be great, that will be over a year since we’ve seen them though!
Old 05-19-2020, 03:30 PM   #1884
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Must be the weather, I have a headache, son number 4 has a headache too!

Then son number 5 through his back out from all the cleaning he did yesterday. He's walking around saying "ouch, ouch"!

Still need to upload my splatter card and decide what to do with my TLC card, which is only half done! Creative juice has left me from Sunday!

Kathy and Jayne, hope you are feeling better soon!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:44 PM   #1885
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry to hear that Ann! I hope all of you feel better soon. I'll send you some hugs and sunshine from Arizona!

I did get my Teapot card done on the actual day...impressed myself. I pulled out lots of beach stamps and then created a quilted sunshine background.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:36 PM   #1886
Proud Fan Club Member

Is this VSN stamping or scrapbooking?

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:07 PM   #1887
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

REMINDER!!!! nag, nag, and more nagging!!

Keywords: ABC13H8, ABC13, and your personal keyword!

You guessed it, the letter of the week is "H"!

Have fun with it!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:07 PM   #1888
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Is this VSN stamping or scrapbooking?
Stamping!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:52 PM   #1889
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

(((Group hug))). I’m sorry that others are out of sorts too and have headaches and back pain. I have woken with a bad sinus headache and I’m back on the meds as the infection hasn’t gone. It must be my “Monthly” cycle as I feel like crying today..it happens occasionally and in a while I will feel better. I felt ok yesterday evening and did some exercise to get things out of my system. It is my responses to some situations...I don’t react as I should and sweat the small stuff.

We also had the power in our suburb going on and off 3 times between 3am to 4am. Our house and alarm system went into blackness and when it came back on the doorbell rang. So annoying but not as bad as some people on the local suburb site experienced. Some posted that they had their electric shutters, techno lights going on and off and their dogs barking. We could hear the dogs barking every time the power came back on. It was a spooky hour and affected our sleep.

Jan, I’m sorry that you won’t get to see your son and family but hoping by Xmas this will be over and you can all get together.

Now I need to think about a shopping list and go to the PO and supermarket.

Love and hugs ladies
Old 05-19-2020, 09:56 PM   #1890
Gallery Gazer

Hope everyone is feeling better today, sounds as if you are all feeling under the weather, I felt shattered all yesterday with not sleeping well, I felt as if I was coming down with a cold, I think it’s his weather, one day hot next cool, looks like the hot weather is here for good though!

Steve has an appointment at the bank this morning, we went down yesterday and although there wasn’t anyone in there they wouldn’t serve him, she held a sign up against the window saying only by appointment so he got his phone out and rang her, from outside the door!

Have to check if my laptop is ready, again, he obviously hadn’t done it and lied by saying he left it at home because Steve asked if the battery fit ok and he say it should do!
Old 05-19-2020, 10:48 PM   #1891
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello!

It was cool and rainy here today. I had another morning of sleep- woke up at noon. I am not sure if I sleep so much because all of my activities are cancelled, or what!
My back is still pretty painful and B/P is up, but lower today and I hope it keeps trending down! This is new, so I am not sure of anything When my mom lived with us, she had a salt restriction, so we are quite aware of what has lots of salt in it and avoid those things….. The hubby will get what I eat if I am the cook : )
We are like Kandies' weather- two days of rain, one day off, repeat! It's the kind of day you don't mind sleeping in....cannot be outside anyway!
I did get up to the craft room later this afternoon and finished my H card, then helped daughter with a project tonight that is another H project.

Jan- how frustrating about your laptop and visit to the bank! And, for your travel plans as well. We had 2 trips that we did not take, one to see the Grandbaby for his 1st birthday, and they are to come here in July- not sure that will happen or not yet....fingers crossed : )

Jayne- so crazy for your power to flicker like that! I think I would sleep through it, although barking dogs may wake me up!

Ann- hope headache subsides and your sons as well, and that your other son's back heals quickly!

Melodie- love the cards with the 4 sided pop-ups! That would be a great centerpiece- especially the 1st!

I am going to sneak over to see the VSN supply list. Does anyone get anything ready in advance- like a background or coloring images???

Shelly
AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:02 PM   #1892
Stazon Splitcoast

Shelly, I always have some of my favorite flowers and butterflies stamped and colored, some cut out. That is an easy something to do when you are chatting, like on zoom, or when you don't have any mojo, just color images. Sometimes I have card bases cut and folded. If I've been working on a background technique, those are available as well. I'm not saying that I won't end up stamping something (even the same image I have colored, because I don't have the color I want to use), but it will definitely save time. And you don't have to use time to color or cut. It also helps if you like embossed backgrounds, make up a bunch ahead of time.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
jan31, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:06 PM   #1893
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Back from the supermarket and it was as though the virus hadn’t existed up at our local shopping centre except in the cafes the tables are separated but it had people in there. People aren’t using the wipes and hand sanitiser at the supermarket...not many....but most seem to be still polite and social distancing. We didn’t buy a lot as we want to start using up more of what is in our freezer...I just bought fresh items. Hand soap was back in stock..yay. Baked beans are out though and have been for a couple of weeks...we love to have those with our cooked brekkie lol.

I’m feeling a lot better and my headache is starting to subside.  Phew...I didn’t fancy a weepy moody day.  I’m out in the sunshine again eating lunch before I head up to my craft room. I posted my H cards today on the alpha site and thinking about my I card. It’s much warmer out here than indoors so I may stay here for a while.

Jan hope that you aren’t getting a cold. I was coughing lots in the supermarket..not sure why as it’s ok now but gosh I was getting some looks and had to keep saying..it’s just an allergy. The checkout girl was good behind her shield. She said I don’t think you have the virus. So sweet. 

I hope Steve got his appointment with the bank. We haven’t drawn cash out since February and have been out for weeks. I did think about getting some today but then thought we aren’t going anywhere other than golf and we can use our card there. I also hope you get your laptop fixed soon.

Shelly sorry that your back is still giving you pain. I used to be on BP tablets for years and then got a bad kidney infection and they said my bp  was low. Occasionally it sky rockets and then other times it drops so low I have dizzy spells..crazy...I think mine is age related. 

My mum used to have blackouts in her mid 60s. They came on suddenly and she would be out shopping and black out. She had lots of tests and they couldn’t figure out what was causing them. She also had RA. She passed away at 67 with a pulmonary embolism and my sister now tells me that they did diagnose her as having mini strokes. She once went to the local shop in our village and passed out in the middle of the Main Street. Fortunately no traffic was about and she was opposite the medical centre. Before she passed away she wouldn’t go out without a chaperone so I used to do her shopping for her.  I have the same blood disorder that she had and I wonder if I will have blackouts. My sister was a nervous wreck leading up to her 67th birthday as she kept thinking she would pass as young as mum. How our minds work.  
Shelly, I usually would sleep through everything but DH was awake and as soon as the power went off he grunted about the fridge going off and his mumbling woke me. It was so dark as we have a street light outside our home and that was off too.  If it wasn’t for the doorbell going off several times I probably would have gone back to sleep. Neither of us wanted to go and turn it off lol.

I am going to see what today’s challenges are before I make a move...although another 30 mins in this beautiful sunshine wouldn’t hurt. Soon we will be having storms and winds so I shall make the most of it. Have fun.

Last edited by Ozpom; 05-19-2020 at 11:14 PM..
Old 05-19-2020, 11:56 PM   #1894
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

If anyone is interested in the loos in NZ that Hundert Who created,  I have posted them here....

picture t605354 26.html

I also found another place in NZ we went to that had lots of quirky mosaics. Awesome place and I will post photos in the photography thread another day. 

I’m still out in the sunshine. Lazy day 
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:01 AM   #1895
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh wow....the doorbell just rang.....this time we didn’t mind lol. It was a delivery of a winter throw I had ordered for DH as he likes mine. They are soft and cozy.

Whilst I’m out there I check the letterbox and wow....Kandie...your Easter card has arrived. What a wonderful surprise and happy mail day it is. It is absolutely gorgeous. So sparkly and the flowers and butterfly are beautiful. I love love it and such a wonderful surprise. Thank you so much from me and mine. I love how you use the same DP on the envelope. I may have to steal that idea lol...and guess where those postage stamps are going. Big hugs
Old 05-20-2020, 02:58 AM   #1896
Gallery Gazer

Just got home. laptop was finished but Steve had a job to get the mail on it as google kept blocking it, that's good I know but not when it is legitimate. It all seems fine but now I have to remember how to use it again as they are quite different using an apple laptop!!

Bank sorted too, honestly Steve had an appointment but people were lining up outside the door in the small entrance so they could jump in the door when it opened!

Jayne we aren't allowed in the supermarkets unless you put gloves on , mask and sanitizer, they actually stand at the door and spray you so you can't go past, not that I would anyway.
Still no flour or baking powder, I'm giving up now, no baking so it will help us to lose some weight, hopefully, LOL
Old 05-20-2020, 03:02 AM   #1897
Gallery Gazer

Jayne, pool man says it's no the simple job he hoped, we couldn't be that lucky, LOL

Looks like the tiles have to be dug up near the pool and new pipework, 600 Euros, Yikes! He says he will try to come tomorrow to get it done, at least then we can get that part of the garden sorted and I might!! get new garden furniture as I noticed the shop has opened today, I picked up a brochure yesterday and they also had some lovely dining sets, maybe when the roof is on the BBQ area!!!!! I won't mention that until it's all done, best to mention these things little by little LOL
Old 05-20-2020, 04:31 AM   #1898
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan that’s a shame that you have to go to that expense for your tile repairs, but how exciting to look for new outdoor furniture. Yep small steps.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:47 AM   #1899
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning and happy Wednesday. Headache here again, not a bad one. Last night I was miserable, head all plugged up, coughing. DH said did you wear a mask while you were out planting the rest of the flowers in the wind? ... uh, nope. Duh. Not to mention I think the entire neighborhood decided to mow.

Jayne, I wonder if women get the monthly blues even after no more monthlies? I never even thought about that.

Power on and off? I’m a light sleeper, so that would drive me bonkers. And DH, being a former firefighter, reacts to lights flickering by immediately waking and yelling What? What was that? Oh yes, I feel for you both!

I’m glad the lady in the bank held up a sign so your hubby could call and make an appointment.

Shelly, do you keep a BP unit nearby? DH has one on his end table and checks his every couple of days. Your post reminded me of him, he gets the dizziness too. Be careful!

When is VSN?

Jayne, my mom died of heart failure at 63, during surgery for cancer. It worried me greatly when I turned 63. However, after thinking it over, she absolutely did not take care of herself, and I try to eat right and get some exercise. I feel that is probably true of you as well.

My Easter card finally arrived? Holy cow! That took its sweet time, lol.

Jan, so sorry about your pool $$$$$ repairs; however shopping for !!!!! outdoor furniture is always fun!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:19 AM   #1900
Gallery Gazer

My Mum was obsessed with getting to 73 As her dad died at 73 and then almost a year to the day my grandma died, aged 73, my dad would ask if she was staying in for a year until after her birthday but sadly she got bowel cancer and died six weeks after being diagnosed, age 73, she always said It would happen, now I get a bit scared when I think of that age.
She was so fit too , they would walk for miles every day and always cooked fresh food, wasn’t a drinker or smoker, my mums friend told me at the funeral that she would never listen to the experts again telling us to eat healthy as keep fit after what happened to mum.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:24 AM   #1901
Gallery Gazer

Kandie, Steve had BP pills after his bypass , he took then for quite a few years and then he kept feeling dizzy, my friend is a nurse and she told him his blood pressure was too low but the doctor tested him but left him on the pills, he then had a new cardiologist and straight away he took him off them, he’s been fine since.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:28 AM   #1902
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I’m so sorry to hear that. Cancer doesn’t care if a person stay fit or not, unfortunately.

Old 05-20-2020, 06:35 AM   #1903
Proud Fan Club Member

DH has been slowly weening himself off the BP pills. His doctor keeps telling him his blood pressure is too low as well, and he tells the doctor, I know when I feel good and when I don’t. So he takes half a pill now, when he feels he needs one, and that’s at night, otherwise he gets that dizziness.

Old 05-20-2020, 06:43 AM   #1904
Proud Fan Club Member

I did a bad thing yesterday. I was bored with what was on TV so I started browsing Amazon. That’s never a good idea, lol. I was looking up word dies because I have very few, and I love them. One link led to this really cool set of Washi tapes, which I felt I just HAD to have, and then of course all these Washi tapes came up, next thing I know I’m ordering sets in pink, green, brown, red and purple! Yikes! I’d better base my next year’s worth of cards on those tape designs!

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:57 AM   #1905
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! It is currently overcast here and we are supposed to get nothing but rain for the 4 days. It would be a great time to redo my craft room. Unfortunately, I am having problems with the Ikea site and can't seem to order through click and collect. Since it's a 2 hour drive, I'll have to wait until I can get the order done that way. I don't want to go in to the store because there are currently no covid cases in my region and I want to keep it that way.

Jayne, I'm sorry about the power affecting your sleep. Hopefully you get a better one tonight.

Jan, sorry about the extra pool expense. I'm glad your computer got fixed and Steve was able to get the banking done.

Kathy, it's cards for VSN.

Kandie, VSN mini is on the 29th and the VSN is the 26th and 27th of June. Glad you enjoyed some retail therapy on amazon.

Have a great day everyone!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:09 AM   #1906
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

I know the feeling of getting past an age! My mother died at 56 of heart failure. They thought she had a mild heart attack but she actually lost half of her heart. Was in the hospital for 2 months before she died. My youngest brother was only 21.

All of us in the family have the strange feeling of getting past age 56! It also bothered my oldest son when he was 3 years old. He wasn't sleeping at night and always wanted me to sit with him. One night he said to me "how old are you mom" I told him, then he says how many years till you get to 56! I was shocked that he knew and was so worried.

Jayne, so glad you are getting outside in the sun! That will help you feel better!

Kandie, hope no headaches today, it's sunny here.

Sons back is hurting so badly, I had to help him off the couch. Put the electric stim on him for an hour. So he has clients today that he has to go see, so he is taking another person with him for lifting and standing.

Off to get something done, hope to go outside for a bit today too!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:51 AM   #1907
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I am praying for DS. Back pain is horrible.

I'm still in anxiety mode. It doesn't usually last this long. I'm near tears right now and cried a ton of them before bed last night. Maybe the world is creeping into my head.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:12 AM   #1908
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, sometimes a good cry is needed. Hugs dear friend!
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:18 AM   #1909
Proud Fan Club Member

Sending hugs, Kathy. I am here and willing to video craft together if you need to take your mind off things.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:00 AM   #1910
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lots to read today! So sorry for the headaches, BP issues, back aches and anxieties! Sending big HUGS and well wishes to all of you!

Wouldn't it be great if every day we would wake up feeling fine and the sun was shining and our mood was happy! Would that be heaven? I know, I know...we probably wouldn't appreciate how wonderful is was if we had things perfect all the time. My neighbor and I just said yesterday, it's great getting older but the body sure doesn't agree some days.

I'm trying to remember everything I read...but just know you all are in my thoughts.

I'm hoping to convince DH to wait until the 30th to leave so I can play during VSN and ZOOM on the 29th. We'll see...
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:17 AM   #1911
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Ann, I am praying for DS. Back pain is horrible.

I'm still in anxiety mode. It doesn't usually last this long. I'm near tears right now and cried a ton of them before bed last night. Maybe the world is creeping into my head.
Kathy I’m sorry you are feeling as you do, it is hard not to be worried by it all.
I feel scared that a two weeks ago we couldn’t leave our garden and now it’s almost as though it never happened, I thought we would take it slowly but it seems people have short memories.
I’m just trying not to think about thing too deeply or else I know I would get upset, especially with our family so far away and looking like we won’t see them until next year, Steve always tells me not to stress about things you can’t change but i can’t do that.
Sending you a big virtual hug, take care!
Old 05-20-2020, 09:19 AM   #1912
Gallery Gazer

Gracie I said to Steve this morning when we were walking on the seafront that I’m so grateful that we can just leave home, makes such a difference, plus the sun is shining, we will be moaning it’s too hot soon, ha,ha
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:22 AM   #1913
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. Sunny and warmer today, but not hot. DH spread weed & feed. He's been waiting for a dry day after rain and temps staying in the 60's or higher. I picked asparagus. Have some nice big ones. Yum.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 05-20-2020, 09:28 AM   #1914
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Jan, I agree, it's great to be out and about again. People do so easily forget and stop being careful. Frustrating. I rarely complain about sunshine and warmth. I love it. I know my sister and some friends hate it when it gets hot. I would rather be sweating than freezing cold. I'm an odd one.

Melody, we both love asparagus! Yum!
Old 05-20-2020, 09:29 AM   #1915
Gallery Gazer

Ann it’s strange how kids pick up on things, a few years ago we were in the car and our eldest GS Was looking at me strangely, he said, I have a question, Nan, I always wonder what’s coming when he starts the conversation like that.
I have highlights in my hair and he was apparently worried that my hair was going grey and I would die.He was really worried, I explained that I had the colour put in my hair by the hairdresser and I wasn’t really grey, he was so relieved, makes you wonder what happened for him to think about that.
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:37 AM   #1916
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, kids do take things they've heard to heart, and the way they interpret what was said is so interesting!
Here's a couple of funnies for today.
Attached Thumbnails
stripper.jpg   memory-foam.jpg  
Old 05-20-2020, 10:07 AM   #1917
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Those are tooooo funny, Gracie!!
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:33 AM   #1918
Gallery Gazer

Gracie they are brilliant I especially like the memory foam one, I’ve tried to download it for our DIL
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:45 AM   #1919
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie, I’m with you on the heat. Cold makes me ache. Heat may make me sweat, but it seems to help the aches and pains. Besides, I like ice cream a whole lot more than I like hot chocolate!

And I LOVE the funnies!!!

I’m having a Gracie day, I mean a graceless day. . I keep knocking stuff off my craft table. I’ve had enough now, I still have a headache. Think I’ll call it quits and go sit with Dusty for a while.

Kathy, (((((HUGS)))))

Old 05-20-2020, 11:08 AM   #1920
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, welcome to my world of Grace! LOL Hugs!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.