Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-15-2020, 09:36 AM   #1721
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Happy Friday!
I was not tired last night, having slept until noon, so made a couple of cards, and got one blogged and posted on SCS..... Jayne busted me- yes, I was up late!
Today, up earlier and got the 2nd card posted and scheduled. I made the Triple Box card Melodie made, and had to make some adjustments, as I used 11" cardstock.

I just rec'd a Zoom invite from Annette, but it has no Zoom code. Annette is getting A Zoom mailbox set up.....

I did not set up a zoom for tomorrow- as I did not have anyone tell me a time to set it up for... Still happy to do that if anyone wants to.

I did have to run out for more groceries yesterday- mostly vegetables : ) Made a delicious vege pan last night to go with Pesto chicken using yellow.red peppers, onion and zucchini. No leftovers!

Off to get some card kits put together!

Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 05-15-2020 at 11:10 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:21 AM   #1722
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all! I am trying to create a group within zoom so that it might be easier to start our chats next time. If you accept the invite I think it will add you to the group. I will test it out sometime soon. Kathy, can you pm me your email so that I can add you as well?

My Gallery

Last edited by AnnetteMac; 05-15-2020 at 10:35 AM..
mcschmidty, smadson, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:30 AM   #1723
Stazon Splitcoast

saw this on facebook...
Attached Thumbnails
shrinking-clothes.png  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 5 others like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:46 AM   #1724
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Good morning. We had rain and thunder late last night, but I don't think the storm was centered here... lots of loud rumbling, but not any big booms. I didn't notice any lightning, just the thunder.

We went and picked up Indian food for dinner last night for my b-day. DH wanted to take my car, since most of the time it just sits. Coming out of the parking lot after we got our food, I literally had to push the brake all the way to the floor to stop, so I was extra cautious all the way home. DH said he's not sure we should put money into getting it fixed. It's a 2001. But we really don't have $$ to get a new car either. We may become a one car family.
By the end of the month we will be a one car family. Mine won't pass inspection. It was due for inspection and registration by the end of march but they extended it so I got two more months use out of it. We plan to drive it to the salvage yard if its open at the end of the month.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:21 AM   #1725
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Hello everyone!!!! Oh my gosh it is soooo nice to see y'all have kept up this challenge. I miss y'all soo much!!!!! I hope to be back soon. Then I can explain where I have been. Hugs and prayers to everyone!!!!!!!!!

Alphabet Challenge - Post your cards HERE.....Chat with us HERE
mcschmidty, allee's, lacyquilter and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:34 AM   #1726
Stazon Splitcoast

Dani!!! So good to see you!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:35 AM   #1727
Stazon Splitcoast

Annette, I got the invite, but no place to accept. If I click the link, there's a place to join meeting, so I think that's all I would need when you have something set up.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:21 PM   #1728
Proud Fan Club Member

Apparently I still need to figure that feature out. I have set up a meeting for Sunday evening. Everyone should get the email.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, lacyquilter, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:34 PM   #1729
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDaniView Post
Hello everyone!!!! Oh my gosh it is soooo nice to see y'all have kept up this challenge. I miss y'all soo much!!!!! I hope to be back soon. Then I can explain where I have been. Hugs and prayers to everyone!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back, Dawn!!
AnnetteMac, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:38 PM   #1730
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDaniView Post
Ann has done an awesome job at keeping things fun and interesting! It's hard to believe we are on round 13 already!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:39 PM   #1731
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Dani! Great to hear from you! We have missed you!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:44 PM   #1732
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello
Got the invite Annette. Ithink 6PM Edmonton is 5Pm Chicago/Central time. I will plan on being there : )

I did not get anywhere on card kits. I do need to work on them, instead popped on here. I got sucked into watching a couple of Jennifer McGuire video's. I have no idea how she gets the inspiration to do half of the ideas she comes up with!

We had a wild storm pass through last night- it POURED! Thunder, lightening and a total of about 2.1" rain per hubby. The dog was so afraid, he refused to go out for his final potty break!

Kathy, we are usually a 2 car family, but one of our vehicles- A/C went out and after spending $1000 in a compressor, then $1000 on the other part, they told us we needed to replace the entire system. It's hubbys vehicle and he refuses to spend another couple thousand....... so we take my car if we need to hit the road in the summer time. If I am staying home, he will take my car, otherwise, he drives the van, with no A/C

Kandie- hope next time you post, you have a new couch! I love that bell- so beautiful- how do you clean up cast iron? Or, is it intended to have a darker look? Either way, very cool!

Catherine- hope you found everything on your list while you were out.

Ann, you are so good- I am much more productive afternoon/evening. I can be if I have to be, but naturally get more done later on!

Gracie- my husband's brother still lives on the farm they grew up on...in the country, they have spotty Wifi there as well. We chat with them on an app called Houseparty- better for them than Facetime.

Jayne- fun video!

Waving hello to all- need to get something accomplished : )

Shelly
AnnetteMac, jan31, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:51 PM   #1733
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Shelly, you are very productive!!!

Hey all, Victoria says hello! She has been helping her daughter make some leis for graduations, or drive by graduations.

Still not up to her old self but getting better each day. Hopes to come by soon!
Old 05-15-2020, 07:29 PM   #1734
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

It’s the weekend...whoohoo..Annette I’m in for the zoom call. Not sure how long I will stay on as they are coming to sort out our 2 tone couch that morning but I will be there...it will be Monday 8am here...very civilised. Thanks for arranging and the invite came through the same as when my family invite me which is good. I’m glad you figured out the right way lol. 

Shelly I did bust you lol. I would usually say yes to a zoom call but would depend on the time. It’s already Saturday here and I can’t do tomorrow as we have decided to go and play golf together as it’s going to be a nice day, although I might be able to do Sunday evening...mmm. If I can’t see you this weekend, maybe I will see you on Annette’s call?

Kandie, I hope your couch arrives and Dusty is so cute. I also love the bell and can’t wait to see what you do with it. I saw yesterday that storms were headed To a large part of the US...I’m tracking your weather too now lol. It’s going to be a beautiful day here again..around 23 degrees. My sort of weather.

Kathy my DH says if you had to listen to me all day you wouldn’t like my accent lol. I’m very broad Yorkshire but having lived here for over 30 years it’s sort of changed so I’m a bit of a hybrid Aussie now lol. Jan comes from the next county to me in the UK so we have a similar accent. Thank you though for the comment. I don’t think I’ve had anyone tell me my accent sounds nice lol but you are the second one today.  Karen sent me a lovey email and she loved seeing and hearing you all.   I never used to like my accent. When I was younger and living in London I used to always wish it would be different. When I came to live here I embraced it and am just me.  I can’t talk like the English with plums in their mouths and never will be able to. I’m a eeh bah gum girl lol.

Gracie, lets do a virtual VSN. Anyone else want to join us? I’ve just told DH I’m getting up early next Saturday. He just rolls his eyes at me these days lol.

Melody it sounds as though you had a nice birthday. I like Indian food...come to think of it I like most foods.  We were a one car family for a while as you know and then DH relented and bought himself his toy which he’s hardly driven. It’s ironic really that he has waited 20 years for a new car and now hardly uses it.  We rotate driving each car once a fortnight to do the food shopping, but now the restrictions are being lifted maybe that will change to once every 10 days lol.  In time we will go back to a one car family as it’s expensive to run the two.

Catherine, how did your shopping go? I have a feeling that you asked me a question and now I can’t remember it...I will scroll back later or I will lose this post.

I heard from Shirl and she is good and busy crafting. Ann, good to hear from sis Vicki and she sounds busy with the lei. Hope she comes on soon...she would be a hoot on the zoom calls.

Hi Dani, I’m a blow in on this thread. Good to meet you.

If I’ve missed anyone, waving and saying hi. I have a cat and dog card to make..I think..or was I going to scrap. The choices I have lol. We are supposed to be going for our bike ride later. Good job I have lots of padding at present. Melody that funny was spot on for me.

Hugs ladies.

Last edited by Ozpom; 05-15-2020 at 07:38 PM..
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:26 PM   #1735
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Whew! It has been a busy, busy Friday! I had a lot to do in the office today so was down there quite a bit longer than normal. My routine is to go early (OK, early in my book) down the hill and hit our grocery store first. Then I go to the office and do what I need to do there (keeping our frozen and refrigerated things in the refrigerator at work). After that, I do whatever additional stores I need to go to. Always Sam's Club, sometimes Walmart and Trader Joe's. Oh, and I take the deposit to the bank for the church.

I didn't get back home today until almost 5 pm (usually back home by 3 or so). Then it was quickly clean the house. I completely missed the Dirty Girl reveal today.

Let's see, what chat did I miss?

Kandie, did your couch arrive?

Gracie, Speedy Gonzalez was a nickname of mine in school because I was a very speedy test taker, usually the first one done. My theory about us posting at the same time in the morning is we are in the same time zone (now) and we are both night owls, not morning people! lol

I agree with you, Ann, about shopping. Yuck indeed! But it went well, shelves were well stocked today - except for garlic. Apparently on the news it was reported that garlic was good for this (I don't know, I don't watch the news). The produce guy told me this is what was reported on the news and the next thing you know, they are out of garlic. Fortunately, Sam's Club had some. Of course, that is a BUNCH of garlic but we have it anyway!

So that is what is happening to our clothes, Melody! Thanks for clearing that up!

Wow, Dani, what a surprise to catch up on the chat and see a post from you! Yes, Ann has done an outstanding job keeping the challenge going.

I got the email, Annette, thank you!

Shelly, it is so easy to get sucked into Jennifer McGuire videos, isn't it?! I agree, I don't know how she comes up with so many ideas!

Ann, so good to hear that Vickster is doing better! Looking forward to her being back in the thick of things.

Jayne, let me be the third to tell you that your accent is lovely and I enjoy listening to you and it was lovely to hear Jan as well. I disagree with your DH's comment about listening to you all day, I would still love it!
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:40 PM   #1736
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, so happy you got so much done today!! All the shopping, I would be tired out!

I agree with everyone, Jayne and Jan have such lovely accents! I feel so international talking to them!!
Old 05-15-2020, 08:55 PM   #1737
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shopping does wear me out too, Ann!

I do have fun telling people about our international Zoom calls, ladies!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:56 PM   #1738
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I’ve just spent quite a while trying to stop a Dropbox taking over our pc..fixed that and now I’m where I spent most of yesterday...out on the deck. It’s so cold indoors so I’m thawing out before I head to my craft room. The poppets may pop in later. If not they said they will FaceTime us. We would pop up to see them but everyone seems to just want to chill this weekend. I think we are all pooped...lol.

Catherine, wow you were the energiser bunny yesterday.

Thanks ladies...it makes me smile to think people like my accent. I sit on the chats and I feel international lol.

DH says you’ve got quite a few friends around the world these days. I so wish I had met you all years ago. Hugs and love to you all.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, cdimick and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:30 PM   #1739
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Time to sleep!! Night all and all the night owls too!

Pleasant dreams!
Old 05-15-2020, 09:31 PM   #1740
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m still out on the deck lol. I didn’t know it was a Dirty Girl reveal day this week. I’ve just checked out the new Dirty Girls. I’ve never heard of these ladies before or come across their creations....I must check them out and see what they create. I need some more inspiration before I move. Sleep well ladies
Old 05-15-2020, 09:37 PM   #1741
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, Jayne, Dirty Girl reveal day is on the 15th of the month...unless the 15th falls on the weekend. I wasn't familiar with either of them either but they have lovely creations!

Last edited by cdimick; 05-16-2020 at 10:52 AM..
Old 05-15-2020, 10:02 PM   #1742
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, again, lots of chat!

I do love Jayne's and Jan's accents. Such a fun International Zoom chat! We are all so advanced in the technology world now...not just ordinary crafters any more! LOL I'm definitely game for another Zoom or Facebook get together!

We grilled out steaks with 2 couples (neighbors) tonight. We all brought a dish to pass. It was fun...our social group has expanded to 6. We ate outside on our neighbor's deck. Such beautiful weather tonight and bright stars in the sky! Lots of laughs.

A few glasses of wine and I'm ready for bed now. Have a wonderful night/day! Hugs!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:08 AM   #1743
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey, good morning/evening and happy Saturday. I am chatting with you by way of... wait for it.... OUR NEW COUCH! whoohoo about time. We were so sick of those old recliners. The guys didn’t even get the thing set up before Dusty was on it and checking out all the scents. I put the end tables back in place, bent down to dust a bit, looked up and had a dog standing on the table looking at me. I don’t know where she got the idea it was ok to stand on tables, lol. (Eye roll) Why does she pick up these bad habits so quickly but still won’t sit or speak?

Jan and Jayne, do any of us have what you’d call an accent? We don’t have any extreme Southerners or New England drawls in our Alpha group. Kathy, is PA considered New England area? I’ve heard myself on tape and I’m always afraid I sound like a nasal hillbilly!

Sorry about all the storms and thunder we sent your way, oops, but it sure turned everything green, and neighbors were out mowing yesterday. DH will work on his shed today, still has one side to put up the siding. I totally destroyed my craft area from our last Zoom call, so I have to straighten it up so I can be ready for the next one, thanks, Annette! I told DH there was another craft meeting set up already, and he said of course there is!

I spent yesterday moving stuff around and changing up the living room, cleaning and sweeping. DH made meatloaf, potatoes on the grill, green beans, and crushed strawberries over angel food cake for supper. I’m glad I finally learned why my clothes are shrinking, because I originally thought maybe I was eating too much again, lol.

Ok, this is a regular-sized couch but only two seats, extra-wide recliners. So why is it there is still no room for my feet? Could it be because a little dog seems to know where is the exact middle of the foot of the recliner?
Attached Thumbnails
8f77f68f-4d92-416e-aa62-bdc2f40cdd6b.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:10 AM   #1744
Proud Fan Club Member

What will everyone work on today? I have in mind one or two cards from Thursday’s and Friday’s challenges.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:33 AM   #1745
Proud Fan Club Member

My Arteza watercolor brush pens arrived today, 48 colors and a water brush. I mentioned it was the smaller set, because I’m not an artist, I’m a crafter. DH says he’s a artist, he draws flies. Oh brother. *

Old 05-16-2020, 05:37 AM   #1746
Proud Fan Club Member

Card class day for me! New catalogs came yesterday so we will have something to drool over when we come home! I'll be leaving in about 20 minutes.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 06:02 AM   #1747
Gallery Gazer

I've got three pages on the go, a mess all over as I have loads of DP out to try to match papers for the challenges.

Kandie, Although I think you all have different accents I think I've got used to hearing American accents with going over so much, our Grandsons have a real CA accent, especially the 7 year old, he really is a CA boy, the eldest I think is quite British in his ways, like his Mum. A lot of their friends say they think he is very British but he was born in SF.
Our son and DIL have never picked up American accents even after twenty years living there, they are very American in what they say but still have English accents.
I have to remember to use the American words for things as the younger one doesn't have a clue, I say Pavement instead of Sidewalk and he said do you mean the bit near the road, and you say Pants and we say Trousers, that confuses them, ha,ha the eldest knows more English words although Wardrobe threw him and then he suddenly said, do you mean the Closet Nan?
They have a Nanny for after school and I confuse her all the time, our son has to translate sometimes LOL
Old 05-16-2020, 06:07 AM   #1748
Gallery Gazer

We finally had the frogman round to stick the tiles at the bottom of the pool, it's the deep end and hard to stay that deep long enough to get the glue to stick.

Next week we have to have the pipes to the skimmers replaced as they are plastic and they think the chlorine has rotted them over the years, that means digging up loads of tiles around the pool so it will be very messy, and I dare say expensive! Isn't everything!!!
Old 05-16-2020, 07:55 AM   #1749
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
I have to remember to use the American words for things as the younger one doesn't have a clue, I say Pavement instead of Sidewalk and he said do you mean the bit near the road, and you say Pants and we say Trousers, that confuses them, ha,ha the eldest knows more English words although Wardrobe threw him and then he suddenly said, do you mean the Closet Nan?
They have a Nanny for after school and I confuse her all the time, our son has to translate sometimes LOL
That's pretty funny. I know what those words are. But I guess all languages change over time.

Good morning all.

I was getting dressed this morning and suddenly remembered that I had left laundry in the dryer overnight. Well, guess what. I left half the load in the washer and half in the dryer - both open. I must have been interrupted and totally forgot to go back in there. So I finished throwing the rest from the washer in the dryer and ran it. Now the clothes are all folded and put away.

Today I must spend some time clearing off my table so we can use it for lunch tomorrow when the kids come over. I stamp on the kitchen table and it kinda piles up. I'm sure you all understand.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:06 AM   #1750
Gallery Gazer

I forget things too, our utility room is outside and last night we were waiting for the frogman to replace the pool tiles, at five he phoned to say he wasn’t coming so Steve put the dinner on, totally forgot to lock up!

I’m lucky I have. Craft room so I don’t make a mess in the villa
Old 05-16-2020, 09:04 AM   #1751
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I have read so many British mysteries and watched series and movies for years that I know maybe 90% of what’s being said, although the Australian accent threw me for a bit, and the Irish brogue is so musical but my ear takes a while to translate, lol! Oh yes, and your abbreviations! I have to think on those for a minute. I think, what the heck is a brekkie? Ha! I got it!

And then I irritate DH by saying, do you know what that is? Did you understand that? Because he has trouble with faster speech, he can’t hear that well (although he denies he needs a hearing aid), so I just pop in with brolly, that’s an umbrella, lift, that’s the elevator, Jim jams, that’s your jammies, dear. . Don’t know if he appreciates the help, or only appears to! Maybe he’s muttering curse words, because sometimes I don’t hear well either!

Old 05-16-2020, 09:04 AM   #1752
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my gosh, has everyone seen the MIX challenge for this week? That’s a colorist’s biggest dream, lol!

Old 05-16-2020, 09:06 AM   #1753
Proud Fan Club Member

Can someone remind me what code do I use just to put a card in my gallery that goes to no particular challenge?

AnnetteMac, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:09 AM   #1754
Proud Fan Club Member

You don't need a code, Kandie. It goes to your gallery automatically.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:12 AM   #1755
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Can someone remind me what code do I use just to put a card in my gallery that goes to no particular challenge?
You don't need anything that I know of. I just post my cards without a challenge keyword. I loved the MIX challenge Kandie. Whoo HOO a new couch! So happy for you!
Old 05-16-2020, 09:13 AM   #1756
Gallery Gazer

Kandie at least you will understand Jayne and myselF if we break into our local dialect, LoL
Old 05-16-2020, 09:18 AM   #1757
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, it's fun to listen to your accents Jan. I find myself picking up your English words for things, too. I love "poppets" for the grandkids! I haven't heard "Cherri-O" yet. LOL
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:36 AM   #1758
Proud Fan Club Member

So, I hope to get on tonight. It is seven central, right? My email link works on the iPad but for some reason not on my laptop. And on my iPad, I can never figure out how to get the sound and picture. That is why I always do it on my laptop. So , if can’t get on, you know why. I guess if I have trouble I can email Annette.

I haven’t thought up what I am doing yet.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:37 AM   #1759
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations Kandie, on finally getting your couch!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:37 AM   #1760
Proud Fan Club Member

My mother is Irish and my father British. I find myself using terms sometimes that I get a funny look for and then realize what I've said. I always have to translate when watching movies with David because he can't keep up with the speed of what is being said with the accents. I've also had to do it when visiting family in Ireland.

I'm headed outside for the day. It is a beautiful 23 degrees celcius and I intend to make the most of it. I will try that mix challenge later.

Have a great day all!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.