Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-11-2020, 07:48 AM   #1521
Gallery Gazer

Ann a friend in England retired on the Friday as the uk went into lockdown on the Monday, he has so m ay health problems he’s not been out at all, not what he was planning!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-11-2020, 08:15 AM   #1522
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I feel quite a bit better. My stepmom went off the deep end when I told her my symptoms, she even knocked on the door of the nurse that lives in her building to ask if that sounded like the virus! She gets very overloaded with nerves a lot. Do you remember when this all started, our newscasters put up a graphic on the tv that had the symptoms of three categories, virus, flu, and cold. That was when America wasn’t quite sure what to expect. Now EVERY symptom is possible. So the nurse said yes! She has the symptoms, get her to the hospital! And I replied, not in caps but you know what I mean, I HAVE NO FEVER!!!!! Goodness, it’s the first thing we think of now.

After much thought with going over the day on Saturday, I have come to the conclusion it was food poisoning. The blueberry muffin I had for breakfast had been sitting in its plastic container for several days and I think it went bad. The nausea started right after that, and anything I ate after that just added to it. I’ve had food poisoning before, and it caused that explosive kind of vomiting (apologies for that mental picture) and sweats and chills so I think I figured out the problem.

I did love seeing everyone! Some of you fit my mental picture and some didn’t, lol. Now when I read your posts I have the right image in my head!

I know I had too many lights on and it made me look so pale and terrible. Next time I will not have as many on and the iPad a little farther away. And I’ll try not to drop supplies and spill gems all over my tabletop because of being nervous, lol. What a mess that made.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:32 AM   #1523
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I am 12 hours behind you, and at 9 am I’m still on my second cup of coffee and some breakfast, so I will pass on Thursday morning, but I sure wish you a hilarious and fun time!

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:47 AM   #1524
Proud Fan Club Member

I just saw this on Pinterest. Looks like stamps based on the lock down are starting to hit the craft market.
Attached Thumbnails
ec3e68bb-b551-469a-b1fb-cb4694e40a58.jpg  

Old 05-11-2020, 08:59 AM   #1525
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi, ladies! I enjoyed the Zoom meeting on Saturday night. It was so much fun getting to put a voice and face with each of you. Sorry, I don't have my camera and microphone from Amazon yet. When I ordered it in March, I got the word that it would not arrive until late June! Must be coming from China!! LOL!

I am using today to try to catch up on all the April cards for the Alphabet Challenge. I am so far behind as usual.

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:27 AM   #1526
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday!

The Zoom get together was fun! I'm glad I could participate for an hour. My daughter thought that was cool that we all knew enough about technology to pull it off. I think she was saying that we're old. LOL Anyway, I had to leave to eat supper with DD and DH and then, we went to Culver's drive through for Turtle Sundaes. YUM.

Jayne, I will try to get up at 6 a.m. on Thursday...your time is 9 p.m. I'm a night owl not a morning person, but I'll do my best just to be with all of you! Ann, I think Wisconsin would be 8 a.m.

Well, I'm not going to stay on chat today...I have laundry to do and cards to make!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:34 AM   #1527
Proud Fan Club Member

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee'sView Post
Hi, ladies! I enjoyed the Zoom meeting on Saturday night. It was so much fun getting to put a voice and face with each of you. Sorry, I don't have my camera and microphone from Amazon yet. When I ordered it in March, I got the word that it would not arrive until late June! Must be coming from China!! LOL!

I am using today to try to catch up on all the April cards for the Alphabet Challenge. I am so far behind as usual.
Oh! So you're the Lynn with no picture! We could see your name, but no picture so I assumed it was a different Lynn! LOL

Jan. I have zoom and Google duo. Duo has unlimited time but only 12 can be on.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, allee's, AnnetteMac and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:35 AM   #1528
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. Happy sunny Monday!

I would like to at least try to join in on Thursday. I do not set an alarm, so whenever I wake up is it. I'm same time as Ann, US Central. Jayne, how many hours ahead of us are you?
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 05-11-2020, 09:35 AM   #1529
Proud Fan Club Member

I need to follow Gracie's lead and get some work done. I tried to reorganize yesterday but ended up putting things back pretty much where they already were. I need a small table to make the changes I want

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:52 AM   #1530
Gallery Gazer

Melody I think you are 7 hours behind Madrid so if I’m 3pm I think it would be 8 am. I think Jayne is 6 it 7 hours ahead of Madrid.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:52 AM   #1531
Gallery Gazer

Forgot to say it would lovely to meet you too.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:56 AM   #1532
Gallery Gazer

Kandie I think it is easy to get obsessed, every time I went shopping at first I kept worrying, if I coughed I was scared, now I’m a little bit more relaxed but I still hate shopping.

Apparently our doctor , Miriam has been working in the hospital in Cartagena but she is coming back as they aren’t needed any more, that’s good news.it must have been worrying for her as she has two young children.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:09 AM   #1533
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is a lovely cool morning here, we are headed into a few cool days and may even get rain.

Jan, taking the Zephyr from Chicago to San Francisco sounds like a fun trip!

Kathy, the fishing video is probably why I pictured you with short hair too. My hair is below my shoulders now, I try to keep it about shoulder length but can't get a hair cut in CA right now - for me or for poor Honey.

Jayne, your accent is lovely! I don't want you to talk less, I like hearing you! Yesterday evening I watched a program about Kate Middleton and, in parts of it, I actually heard her speak. I realized I hadn't really heard her talk. She sounds lovely too.

I would love to join you on Thursday but not sure how early that is here...I am a night owl completely, not a morning person at all! I might roll out of bed and give you a fright! lol

Sharon, you are too funny. I'm sure he meant young!

Shelly, I agree with you that a lot of people are spoiled however, I also have a different perspective. I have a lot of friends who are veterans, I'm honored to be friends with an original member of the UDT from WWII, a number of Vietnam veterans, etc. and these men are all quite perturbed by what is happening in this country that they fought for. They are seeing things that they absolutely do not agree with and are concerned. I guess back in their day, personal responsibility for your choices was more prevalent. To them, it appears that the government is becoming responsible (or, in their eyes, taking responsibility) for our choices and they don't like it. I know we are all so interconnected that personal choices affect others so there isn't an easy answer. I just know my veteran friends are upset.

Ann, yes, I hadn't thought about the fact that your DH's retirement wasn't able to be celebrated in the usual way. That is a bummer for him so glad he got his Father's day gift/retirement gift already.

Kandie, you were just fine on the video. I'm amazed that you weren't feeling well, you are quite a trooper!

Wow, Lynn, that must be the slow boat from China! It will be great to see your face too, instead of a black box with your name in it! At least Zoom has the chat feature so you could type texts to us.

Gracie, your daughter is quite the diplomat! lol Turtle sundaes sound delicious! Are you almost done with your cards for this month's Fan club? I'm getting there.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:58 AM   #1534
Proud Fan Club Member

Thirty-six more hankies now waiting in the wings...
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 05-11-2020, 11:05 AM   #1535
Proud Fan Club Member

I would trade anyone’s weather today for what we have here. It’s is 42 but wind chill in the 30s and everything is wet. I was just outside helping DH unload the goodies he bought while working his estate sale - an ancient chest of drawers with no drawers and the back falling off to make a nice plant area for the back porch, aNOTHer Singer sewing machine to work on (that makes three), and a real-life old door off an outside bathroom which DH insists must be called by its true name, a s&d#house. Now if the weather would just warm up and quit raining!!!

Aaaagh, all those hankies are staring at me!

Old 05-11-2020, 11:25 AM   #1536
Proud Fan Club Member

If you trade weather places with me you won't get much of a change. It's about 50° but no sunshine. Only wind. A while ago we had those snow pellets for a few minutes.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #1537
Proud Fan Club Member

We had planned to run the rototiller to prepare the garden but it rained and it's cold so that will get pushed to another day.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 01:35 PM   #1538
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Our weather here is not good either. It was 39 degrees when son came over this morning. I had on a sweatshirt and winter coat and hood up and was so chilled. We were outside for about a half hour. I could not get warm. So I made chicken soup and hot ham sandwiches for lunch which helped. Then spouse took a nap! LOL!

Kandie, nice hankies!!

Catherine, great you are getting a break from the heat! That's too warm for me!

Lynn, hoping your camera comes in early!

Hope some of you will join VSN this time around! Sharon has picked the theme, she was the winner from the last VSN!!

Anyone considering being a hostesses? The call out is posted already!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:39 PM   #1539
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sounds like a fun haul, Kandie. Is the door complete with the moon cutout and everything?! That looks like quite a lovely collection of hankies too.

It is currently 68 degrees here and I have my window open. My brother and nephew came over to get our foam roller for my SIL, hope it helps. Though I have the firmest foam roller - with bumps - for the best result.

Ann, I agree, I am not a fan of hot weather either but it comes whether I like it or not.

I'm procrastinating on a work project because I don't feel like I have the knowledge to be able to make it happen. I need to just suck it up and get it done...and if I can't, recruit my DH to help me! LOL
Old 05-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #1540
Stazon Splitcoast

I made my first 'loaf' of sourdough bread today. The dough was too moist, so it is kinda flat, but oh, does it taste good. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it is not sour. I think DH thought it would be also, and he said it was good.
Attached Thumbnails
img_2837.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:41 PM   #1541
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello everyone! It was so much fun on zoom! I would get up early to join on Thursday but do not have facetime so I will wait until next time. My daughter and her fiance might come this weekend so I will have to see about that.

Your bread looks yummy Melody.

I spent today going through closets and getting rid of stuff. I also made a loaf of multigrain bread. I designed a book fold to make for a friend yesterday but will have to wait to start it. I got an email today for another comissioned piece.

That quarantini card uses a digital set from Stampin' Up. They are using the funds to aid in covid-19 efforts. It's 15 pages of images for $12.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:02 PM   #1542
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I just received your beautiful card. Thank you so much! I will put it up beside the one from Gracie where I can see it everyday.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 5 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:37 PM   #1543
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, you don’t want to trade weather with us. Cold and rain all day, and going to rain all night, too! 39 degrees. We finally turned the furnace on again. Brrrr!
Old 05-11-2020, 06:15 PM   #1544
Proud Fan Club Member

Brrrr is right! T o more days, or I mean nights, of freeze warnings and hiding the plants in the back porch, and then hopefully we can put them out.

No moon on the outhouse door - funny, that’s exactly what I asked DH when he said he bought it! But it’s terrifically weathered, an old rusty porcelain doorknob on one side, and totally rusted closed latch on the other, and some weird cast iron stuff hanging on it. DH is thinking to put it behind the old potting bench. Maybe. Who knows.

My stomach still aches.

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:21 PM   #1545
Proud Fan Club Member

I hope your stomach feels better soon.

My Gallery
jan31, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:26 PM   #1546
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnetteMacView Post
Kathy, I just received your beautiful card. Thank you so much! I will put it up beside the one from Gracie where I can see it everyday.
You're welcome!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:42 PM   #1547
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie, my sister has an outhouse in her yard. It was the one from my parents house. When we got the house ready to sell, her DH loaded it up on a trailer and brought it home. They don't actually use it for it's original purpose. I think they may store some stuff in it.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #1548
Proud Fan Club Member

I think we all will be singing this song soon!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:05 PM   #1549
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, here's a card for you to make: triple cube pop-up.
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:36 PM   #1550
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!

Sleep well!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:39 PM   #1551
Proud Fan Club Member

Cool! Is that the one you showed us on zoom?

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:09 PM   #1552
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes. I had a stripe DP on the inside and didn't like it, so I covered it up. I really like how it turned out. Lots of ways to decorate this. I can see it totally masculine, too.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:32 PM   #1553
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I don't have FaceTime so I'll have to skip Thursdays chat.
Let me see if Jan can download zoom and we can do it through that.  I’m sad and also so we can get Annette and others on.  Zoom seems to work the best.  I will also see if Karen would like to come on although it may be too early for her.

If we run with zoom I only have the basic 40 min one but we can keep logging back in lol.

Melody, I’m 12 hours ahead of NY time.  We are 13 hours ahead of Wisconsin so it would be 8am for you, Ann and also Sharon.... 15 hours ahead of Gracie....gosh Gracie you are a trooper.  Next time I will get up early lol.  I chose evening my time so Jan could come on.
Catherine we are 15 ahead of you too...hope you can get up lol.  Thank you for your kind comments.

Ann, I was going to work on my GA card unless you prefer us all to do the same.  I don’t mind.

Last edited by Ozpom; 05-11-2020 at 11:49 PM..
Old 05-11-2020, 11:35 PM   #1554
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Jan, I am 12 hours behind you, and at 9 am I’m still on my second cup of coffee and some breakfast, so I will pass on Thursday morning, but I sure wish you a hilarious and fun time!
Kandie we will be on for a while so you can pop on. It will be 9pm my time and 9am for most and 8am for Sharon. If not, I will see you on Shelly’s next call. Glad you are feeling a little better but hope that your stomach improves.

Last edited by Ozpom; 05-11-2020 at 11:47 PM..
Old 05-11-2020, 11:48 PM   #1555
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, what a cool retirement gift for your DH. That will keep him busy. Now we need to find another hobby for him so he’s got a choice lol.

Melody that card is absolutely beautiful...ooh butterflies..love love love.

Hugs ladies..I also need to press on. It’s chores day and I still haven’t uploaded my 2 F cards.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:48 AM   #1556
Gallery Gazer

Just cleaned the patio windows in our bedroom and it’s hot but just had a rain shower, had to run to close the blinds, it always happens when I clean the windows.

Had our walk to the doctors, took Steve’s temperature, good, I couldn’t go in obviously, his levels were spot on and he managed to get Anna to take a copy of my e medication form for the doctor to sign and I can collect them tomorrow, he checked if his cardiologist blood test is logged at the doctors here and it is all good, good job we checked his paperwork as he has to go to the hospital for a echocardiogram on July 2nd, we thought it was here!
Old 05-12-2020, 12:49 AM   #1557
Gallery Gazer

I will try to download zoom on my pc this morning and let you know Jayne so we can use that instead.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:30 AM   #1558
Gallery Gazer

Jayne I’ve send you a message is messenger as I’ve downloaded zoom, not sure what I’m doing but I’m registered.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:53 AM   #1559
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay Jan has zoom so shall we now have a zoom meeting on Thursday ladies? Thank you Jan. 9pm Perth time. Kathy you can join in. I only have 40 mins but we can log off and log back in unless someone else has zoom longer and can set up the link and email us all? Whatever suits everyone. Just let me know if you need me to do it and I can set it up tomorrow. I will also email Karen now and let her know....whoohoo...I love our meetings.

Kandie, I forgot to say I love your hankies and wow...I wish I had kept my Grandmothers singer sewing machine. It was Victorian. I so regret a few things that we let go but in the 80s no-one wanted that stuff. I also let a few old typewriters and cameras go too...doh! I could be quite a collector if I set my mind to it LOL. Good job I don’t live near you as I would be going to the real estate sales with you.

Now to post my F cards.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:34 AM   #1560
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, I wish you were here so we could go to sales together! There is one starting Thursday of this week and I’ve already been browsing the photos posted!!!

I love that the old outhouse was saved and moved to a new location!

Whoever sent me this nicer weather, thank you so much. Beautiful sunshine and slightly warmer temps today. DH will resume putting siding on his shed, and me, ...

I GET MY HAIR DONE TODAY!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
658f4a0b-c0ff-4808-8b60-79c92985586c.jpeg