Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-02-2020, 08:08 PM   #1201
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Ann, it is so frustrating when some people don't follow the rules. I know people that feel the rules apply to everyone but them. Have a good night, except Jayne, have a good day!

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:50 PM   #1202
Gallery Gazer

We used to have a hot tub on the roof, I loved it and when our DIL came over on holiday the two of us would go up with our Glass of wine, our sons would never use it, we eventually moved it into the garden but it blew the electrics in the house so we sold it for a pittance but they took it away for us. It cost a fortune to buy!

The kids love the pool. They never want to go to the beach, or anywhere, just want to swim, they are in and out all day when they come over. The GSs were at DILs sisters with Grandparents and the The middle GS who is 7 asked his other Grandad if he had a pool, he said no so he turned to his Mum and asked if they could come straight to Spain instead of going to North Wales to their house, DIL said her dad wasn't too happy. He’s the GS who is upset he won’t get over in summer to see us!

Steve looks after the pool, cleaning etc, it’s expensive to pay someone to do it, we just pay Dave from the pool company to come round when we go away.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:52 PM   #1203
Gallery Gazer

One of our neighbours goes out every day, who knows where, he does jobs for people so he’s obviously not obeying lockdown rules.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:57 PM   #1204
Gallery Gazer

Apparently from next week we can both go out in the car to buy things that we can’t get near home, It says up to nine in a car if they live in the same house, that must be one heck of a big car to seat nine!! other shops are open and hairdressers, I’m not risking that yet!
They are banning everyone from leaving their county so at least we won’t get the people from Madrid and elsewhere coming for weekends.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:10 PM   #1205
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan wow that is great that other shops and hairdressers are opening. I think we have some hairdressers still open and they wear gloves and masks. I am not going yet and not for a while. Some shops apart from supermarkets are still open. It's mainly cafes and restaurants here that are still closed. Great that you can go for a drive. We watch the world news each evening and check the stats on the UK, Spain, Italy, States and Canada...I like to know so I know that you ladies are all ok and my family.

I received an email from our dear friend, Karen, and she is keen to join in on a video call/craft get together with the Alpha ladies. I thought it would be great if we could make this happen in the next 2 weeks and at a time/day that suits everyone. Not sure now who is still working so it may have to be a Friday or weekend. I didn't check what device Karen will use so that may make a difference. I know zoom is the best but maybe it allows us to connect for 40 mins and then reconnect for another 40 mins...I'm not sure. Does anyone know otherwise we may have to get Google Duo so Kathy can join in...unless you can also get Zoom Kathy?? I have zoom and will try and add it to my iPad.

Any ideas and would someone else like to connect us all. I am happy to do it but just in case someone else has the technology and can get us all on together.

Thinking caps on ladies...lol. It would be so cool to see and hear Karen and her all of us. What you think?  Sorry I sound so bossy LOL

Now I need to seize the rest of my day...it is disappearing quickly.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:38 AM   #1206
Gallery Gazer

I don’t have zoom but I’m out on a limb time wise with rest of you so maybe it’s easier not to include me although I would love to join if possible
Can’t we use messenger or is that only Apple?
Old 05-03-2020, 12:39 AM   #1207
Gallery Gazer

Just finish our walk, 4977 steps, five rounds of the polygons, not sure how accurate it is as we did more steps but less miles,
Old 05-03-2020, 05:30 AM   #1208
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone. Finally, a second lovely day in a row. I do believe everyone in the neighborhood was mowing yesterday.

I knew as soon as group restrictions were lifted a bit that stepmom would be wanting to come over for coffee, and sure enough, she and her best friend neighbor stopped by yesterday. Remember, I had the front porch set up for social distancing? Finally it got used! I sat in the middle, stepmom sat in a rocker to my right, and her buddy sat in a rocker at my left. I think we yakked for at least three hours! I have whiplash in my neck this morning from swinging my head back and forth. DH said I should have been sitting on a piano stool that swivels, lol.

And they wore their masks, bless their hearts. They took three hankie babies with them to pass around to lonely people in their apartment complex.

I will check and see if I can get zoom on here. I missed the last gabfest!

AND I talked with my brother in Arizona on the phone! He said what did I think of my 61-year-old brother dumping a dirt bike. I said considering he’s been riding since he was 17, it didn’t surprise me none, lol. He said he thinks he’ll give up dirt bikes and stay with his good old Harley from now on.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:41 AM   #1209
Proud Fan Club Member

DH just asked if I needed anything from the store.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:00 AM   #1210
Gallery Gazer

Kandie I think you are brave having someone round, scares me the thought of it but we haven’t been off our road in over seven weeks!

Our GS rang with his dad earlier, after five minutes he told his dad to say goodbye as he wanted to play the crocodile game, it means his dad chasing him around the kitchen,his mum has to run behind, if they go out of order he gets mad, I said what a bossy boots he is, he shouted NAN I’m NOT a bossy boots, we had to send him a photo of a centipede we found in the garden,they are big orange ones and I’m not sure where they are coming from, never seen any around here before.

Our GS in SF made a goodie basket up for his teacher, he made flapjacks, lemons and cookies, all wrapped up and they walked to her house, she lives quite near, our DIL said her face was a picture when she saw it on the doorstep.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:02 AM   #1211
Gallery Gazer

Shops aren’t allowed to open on a Sunday here, not even in normal times, only holiday gift type shops. One supermarket near the beach is allowed to open for half a day , when you first live here it’s very odd as in England everything is open seven days a week.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:26 AM   #1212
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.

Jayne, yes, you can do back to back sessions on Zoom. We did that last Sunday for our family chat. Today we are testing out Google hangouts.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:24 AM   #1213
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all...JCI...Mom and I are doing well and staying healthy.
I went to the Post Office yesterday evening, thinking no one would go on a Saturday night. Wrong...I waited in the car until people cleared out...and then they visit with each other, since everyone has been cooped up in their homes...ugh...ANYWAY, I finally went in and got such a beautiful and cheerful card from Kathy! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Needless to say, it arrived just in time to assuage my anger. You ladies are the best.
FYI: We are all huggers and kissers here. So, life has been very strange. As often as the asians bow, we throw air kisses and hugs. LOL!
Stay Healthy All! Prayers continue for everyone...
S2S2019 Challenges $15.36 as of 01/31/19
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:01 AM   #1214
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Holy Guacamole...I've missed so much chat...it took me half an hour to read it all! I'll try to touch on highlights of chat in my next post.

Happy Sunday. It sounds like most of you have been having great weather! Yay!

We went on an 11 hour road trip yesterday, over 400 miles. We saw some beautiful scenery and some areas devastated by fires, acres and and acres of burned pine forests, Arizona's largest fire, Wallow Fire in May, 2011...470,000 acres (1,897 square km or 732 sq. miles.) So very sad and it all started from a campfire! Arizona currently has a fire ban: no campfires, no burning of any kind, no charcoal grills, etc. Some campers, especially from big cities like Phoenix, don't always follow the rules. People!!! Just like the rules for the Coronavirus.

We went to an area with more than 400 volcanoes within fifty miles, the third largest in the U.S. It is covered with forests and vegetation but you can still see areas with lava flows and and cinder cones. So interesting...I never realized that was in Arizona!

There was a beautiful scenic overlook where you could view the lava fields and, of course, true to my name, I was so enthralled with the view that I tripped, fell again and bruised my right knee (same leg as sprained ankle) and skinned both elbows. Ouch! Gracie, gracie, gracie!
Old 05-03-2020, 10:10 AM   #1215
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, so sorry about the couch...frustrating and then, the postponed hair appt. I loved the picture of Dusty's platform to cross between your chairs!

Ann, I hope your back is better. We'll have to brainstorm a hobby for your retired DH.

Jan, I'd love to have a pool. It would help all these bruises and aching muscles from my constant tripping! Funny story about the bossy boots GS and the "crocodile" chase!

Jayne, I'm not too technologically saavy. I just use Facetime and Messenger to chat with friends. I haven't tried any of the new things like Zoom. Glad you had a fun day with the Poppets. I sure do miss my granddaughters! Maybe, I'll get some hugs in June! What a fun day for you scrapping with Sharon and others. You were even productive...getting 2 pages done.

Kathy, I'm so glad you got a new tablet. I loved getting mine at Christmas. I hope your kitty is doing better. We used to have a cat that threw up every day!

Melody, take the day off from yard work and enjoy the lovely weather!

Hi to Catherine, Annette, Shelly, Sally, Sharon, Shirl and all those we haven't visited with in awhile! Hugs and Happy Sunday!
Old 05-03-2020, 10:30 AM   #1216
Gallery Gazer

Gracie did you just go on a trip or moved home , I kind of thought you said you spent part of the time In one place and somewhere else, or did I dream that, ha,ha

Steve is good to wait outside, sometimes I think he thinks I should conquer my fears but I have got worse as I’ve got older, I really hate lifts too but when we go on the ferry I have to go in the lift as it’s got eight floors from the car deck!
Old 05-03-2020, 10:31 AM   #1217
Proud Fan Club Member

I think messenger is only available for those who have Facebook. Google duo has upped the number of people on a call from 8 to 12 now. I don't think there's a time limit but not sure. I'm also not sure how to connect everyone. I have it on my phone using my phone number but I also have it on my tablet using my email. If DH calls me from his phone, only my Google duo on the phone rings. The one on my tablet does not and I'm thinking that's because it uses my email not my phone number.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 05-03-2020, 10:34 AM   #1218
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Gracie did you just go on a trip or moved home , I kind of thought you said you spent part of the time In one place and somewhere else, or did I dream that, ha,ha

Steve is good to wait outside, sometimes I think he thinks I should conquer my fears but I have got worse as I’ve got older, I really hate lifts too but when we go on the ferry I have to go in the lift as it’s got eight floors from the car deck!
Yes, Jan, we spend winters in warm Arizona and summers in Wisconsin at our cabin on a lake. We just went on a road trip in Arizona. We won't head to Wisconsin until the end of May, hopefully, as the Coronavirus cases are still increasing there.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:28 PM   #1219
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon everyone! Where has the day gone?

Weird how the day is flying by, haven't gotten much done!

Jan, that is so weird with places being closed on Sundays. A few business practice the no opening on Sunday here.

Gracie, you need to wrap yourself in a bubble!! No more injuries!!

It's nice here today, sunny but still windy. Spouse went to paint with number one and number five son at number one's new office. Was peaceful for a few hours, no tv.

But...son number four and I hear this loud noise outside, we look and sure enough spouse left the shed open and the doors were blowing and pounding in the wind.

Spouse came home and of course was looking around the little pool, checking as he had to drain water out of it, comes in the house...can you guess what he did?

Yup black foot prints on my new kitchen rug, and never took off his shoes and walked right into the family room too! Do you think he got up from his chair and cleaned up the mud? Nope! Still there!

His retirement is going to drive me nuts! Going to need lots of paper therapy and you guys to keep me calm!!
Old 05-03-2020, 03:32 PM   #1220
Stazon Splitcoast

Ann, you may have to put newspaper on the floor to train him.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:34 PM   #1221
Proud Fan Club Member

Or roll up the paper and smack him on the nose when he drags dirt in!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:38 PM   #1222
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Both are very good options!! LOL!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #1223
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello everyone! I just finished a mini album to send to my mom for mothers' day. I filled it with pictures of her great grandson. My mom is 94 and lives on the other side of the country so she doesn't get to see him since she doesn't use a cell phone or computer.

Oh Gracie! You must stop hurting yourself.

Hang in there, Ann! We're here for you.

Kathy, can you pm me your address please? I thought I had written it down from the envelope that you sent me before but I can't find it.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:28 PM   #1224
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Kathy!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:13 PM   #1225
Proud Fan Club Member

sorry but I've been in and out of the house all day today. We did a lot of brush and tree cleaning and then towards dark I burned it all. I'm going to pay for it tomorrow! We came across a lot of ladybugs. I'll have to add a picture but it's on my phone so I'll do that in a minute

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 06:24 PM   #1226
Proud Fan Club Member

Ladybugs galore!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 07:07 PM   #1227
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Holy Moly, that is a lot of ladybugs, Kathy! Wow! You'd better relax tonight with allhat yard work.

Ann, I like those ideas with the newspaper for your DH! We'll be here to support you so you don't end his retirement with a klonk on the head! You'll have to think of him as a new puppy to train! LOL

Annette, how sweet of you to send your mom a mini album! She'll love that, I'm sure.

Catherine, where have you been? Missing you!

Sharon, Ann and Melody, thanks for visiting with me after I kept accidentally calling you through Facetime. What a ding dong I am!
Old 05-03-2020, 08:02 PM   #1228
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!!

Sleep well everyone!

Kathy, take some meds and relax, you are going to be sore tomorrow!

Garcie, it was a fun visit and I got my "F" card done!!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:06 PM   #1229
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Have a good night's sleep Ann!

I got my F card done too! Yay!
Old 05-04-2020, 12:25 AM   #1230
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday. Did you FaceTime me too Gracie as my iPad started ringing at 5am here and DH woke me and said what the...LOL. It came up with Sharon and Ann’s name so I just put it down and went back to sleep LOL. So good you ladies got to connect and managed to craft. I do enjoy crafting with everyone and hope we can all do it again. I am keen to see Melody and others I missed last time lol plus Karen wants a hookup with us all. Can you ladies think of how we can do this and when? I am happy to get up early or stay up late...whatever suits.

Gracie, not another fall. What are we going to do with you? I hope it’s not too bad. Your drive sounds wonderful and I hope you took lots of photos for scrapping one day.

Ann, I would go ape if my DH brought in mud but he is more anal than me LOL. You definitely have to start training your hubby now he’s retired.

Well it is dark, cool and has been raining earlier and a storm is coming. I had to go to do the food shopping and people are already complacent now some restrictions have been lifted. I just managed to get into my car as the heavens opened. I am definitely peopled out.

Today was supposed to be our monthly craft group get together and I have no desire to resurrect it yet. I am quite happy in my little bubble and decided I am secretly an introvert. As long as I can get out now and again with DH I am ok and of course, see the family. This is my craft family and I love catching up with you ladies. I don’t feel there is any pressure and I can just chat about anything. Maybe I am weird after all LOL

For the rest of my day I have to decide if I want to finish my bookmark I started yesterday or read or just sleep LOL.

Waving to you all
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:00 AM   #1231
Gallery Gazer

Ann, Steve is a bit like that, he peels oranges and drips it all over the kitchen floor and then treads in it, it leaves dirty marks all over the floor and then says to me that I should wash the floor as his shoes are sticking to the floor, he won’t have it that he does it with the oranges, I just bite my tongue as he is really good, he cooks and helps with the dishes too so I can’t complain really. I ask him if he needs the bathroom before I mop the floors as he always wants to go as soon as I’ve finished then I have to do it again,
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:02 AM   #1232
Gallery Gazer

Kathy one year they had some many ladybugs in England, Steve’s brother was on the beach and he sent a photo , the rails down the steps were covered, he said if you put a towel or anything down they were covered.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:05 AM   #1233
Gallery Gazer

I had a sweet message from DIL, our 4 year old GS told her he misses Nan and Grandad, she told him that’s why we ring on the iPad as we miss him too, he said he doesn’t want us to speak on the iPad he wants us to go to see him at his house. Made me want to cry, now on all his photos they send us he puts his thumbs up to say he’s ok.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:01 AM   #1234
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Jan I so hope that you can get to see your little poppet soon. It is heartbreaking.

Kathy, I forgot to say that I loved your photo of the flower with the ladybirds. I thought ooh Kathy should recreate that. I love ladybirds and apparently my mum always told me they were lucky. Did you hear that Jan when growing up? When I see one I love to have it run along my hand before I place it back on a flower. I love butterflies too LOL.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:36 AM   #1235
Gallery Gazer

Jayne I think my Mum said they were lucky but we used to say fly away ladybird or something!
My Mum was full of funny sayings, we very often laugh as We were both born in Nottingham so we both know all of the silly sayings, if we made a lot of noise our Mums would say it was like Billy Balls Tap room which was a pub in Nottingham, if we made a mess it looked like Jacky Poundalls, that was a scrap yard, blowing like rain, going to rain if the cows laid down LOL the list goes on.
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:49 AM   #1236
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning/evening and happy Monday. I’ve already checked my bank online. Nope, no deposit yet. My stepmom and her friend received theirs last week but not on the same day.

Gracie, I’m going to start a drive here to send you all our bubble wrap! And when I visited my DB in Arizona umpteen years ago, he took me on a scenery visit up South Mountain and it was all breathtaking!

As of this morning all people in our county are required to wear face masks in public. Good luck with that. DH went to the grocery yesterday and said just as soon as the Governor said restrictions would be lifted in stages, people gathered everywhere, and of course, many had no masks on. It was comical, however, to see golf carts buzzing up and down our street the last two days.

Jan, as I get older I get more paranoid around people. I had my wallet stolen a couple of years ago, and now I don’t like anyone behind me, and I hold my purse close to my body. I have to say, it’s amazing how many women still leave open purses in shopping carts while they wander the aisles.

And don’t worry, Jan, both my stepmom and her friend arrived fully wearing masks and sat their proper distance from each other!

Ann, your newly-retired DH now sounds like my DH every day. I vacuum the kitchen, he comes in dropping sawdust and chunks of wood from working on a project in the garage. He doesn’t use bowls much to snack, he grabs handfuls of chips or cookies and munches on the way to the living room. And then I find crumbs and chips like a trail by Hansel and Gretel around the house. Oh my gosh, especially with dark chocolate Hershey’s kisses! Those stupid tags and rolled up purple foils are EVERYWHERE. Yet he is so thoughtful of me and a good husband. He’s just extremely sloppy!!!

Good one, Melody, and Kathy too!

WOW Kathy I have never seen so many ladybugs in one place before in my life! There’s your next card inspiration, lol.

Jayne, welcome to the world of crafty introverts, lol.

Good morning to everyone I missed! Where are you, Catherine? Hi, Sally! Where is Sharon? Hello, hello!
Attached Thumbnails
d02dfe5d-1b6b-40cf-9485-db352aad4557.jpeg  

Old 05-04-2020, 04:51 AM   #1237
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Star Wars Day!

Old 05-04-2020, 05:32 AM   #1238
Gallery Gazer

Kandie, Steve has a thing about people walking behind him, he will stop until they overtake him, he was in the police force for 22 years so he has seen everything, I carry my bag across my body but always so it’s between us.
Our house was broken into in England just after we lost our dog, Steve worked shifts and one son Was at Uni the other son had just left home, I used to be so scared to go home from work if Steve was working, in the night I didn’t t sleep well either. It never leaves you, even living here when Steve used to go to watch the juveniles playing football on a Saturday afternoon I would lock the gate and lock all the doors.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:34 AM   #1239
Gallery Gazer

The other thing is people leaving their phones in the back pocket of their jeans, just asking for them to be stolen.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:26 AM   #1240
Proud Fan Club Member

It’s the truth, Jan. I also step aside so people can pass me.

At Hobby Lobby last year, I was carrying a small Coach purse, a cross-body they call it, so it was secure against my chest. This man kept following me, and every time I glanced back he would turn and study something in the aisle. I’m not stupid, I immediately headed for the checkout with what I had in my cart. Imagine my shock when I turned around and that guy was immediately behind me, and he was talking with a guy right behind him. When I left the check-out, he and his buddy followed me out of the store. I’ve never been so glad to see my DH pulling up in the truck in my life! And shook up! Now I get so paranoid when I shop or I’m alone in a parking lot that my head swivels constantly, and observers might think I’m thinking of committing a crime and looking to see if anyone is watching me. It’s a terrible feeling, isn’t it, Jan. Takes all the pleasure out of going anywhere.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.