Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-01-2020, 11:18 AM   #1161
Gallery Gazer

Kandie that is so disappointing, Steve had a chair before this one every time he tried to recline the screws fell out underneath, it took six weeks before they would even collect it, in the end he told them they had three days to collect it and fix it or he wanted his money back, low and behold, within. Three days it was repaired, lasted a few days so it’s now cluttering my craft room as we bought another one.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #1162
Gallery Gazer

Ann I hope you DH enjoys his retirement, it took us months before we slept through the night, we made the mistake of drinking tea at 3 in the morning, eventually we forced ourselves to stop making tea .
Does he have any hobbies?
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:57 AM   #1163
Gallery Gazer

Well doneMelody with your steps, I did 2,000 Thursday just shopping!
Old 05-01-2020, 02:11 PM   #1164
Proud Fan Club Member

Using my new tablet! It's adorable, but is smaller than my other 7". The screen is probably the same size but the overall size is smaller. I am going to need something to help hold it or stand it up

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:29 PM   #1165
Stazon Splitcoast

I made the little purse box, without dies, so I improvised. What's new, right?

purse box
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:38 PM   #1166
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Spouse is officially retired!! He's sitting in his recliner!
Old 05-01-2020, 02:42 PM   #1167
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Congrats, Kathy, on the new tablet!! So fun for you!!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:08 PM   #1168
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, I'm sorry about the new couch. That is so disappointing! I hope they get you a new one quickly.

Ann, congratulations to your DH. I hope he doesn't drive you too crazy.
Glad you are enjoying your new tablet Kathy. I had a case for my old one that is like a book cover but there is a circular piece at the back that allows it to swivel so it can stand either direction. I will send you an Amazon link and you can have a look.
I was excited this afternoon to get a call from someone who had seen my books at the art show and wanted to buy one that hadn't sold yet. It's always nice to move the inventory along.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, lacyquilter, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:15 PM   #1169
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy - I don't know what size your new tablet is. I know you said it's small. Here is an idea for a type of case.
Amazon.com: Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 inch (SM-T810 SM-T813 SM-T815), 360 Degree Rotating Folio Stand Case Smart Protective Cover, Bonus Stylus Pen,Screen Film (Deep Blue): Computers & Accessories

My Gallery
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:26 PM   #1170
Proud Fan Club Member

It's only 7". But I have a 11.5" if I need larger. This is just the size I wanted. I can take it to bed and listen to YouTube tutorials!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-01-2020, 05:20 PM   #1171
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Now the hair salon has called and cancelled my hair appointment, saying the Governor is holding non-essential businesses to stay closed till the 11th of May.

My side end table is 6 inches higher than the arm of this old rocker recliner, lol. Oh, I am SO grumpy tonight!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:24 PM   #1172
Stazon Splitcoast

Bummer, Kandie... on the couch and the hair appointment.

Kathy, you would probably like a stand like this, since you want to read in bed.

https://www.amazon.com/Ontel-Pillow-...d_i=3015412011
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 05-01-2020, 08:22 PM   #1173
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Back is bugging me again so I'm off to bed!!

Night all!
mcschmidty, jan31, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:32 PM   #1174
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Jayne that was fast. I don't think some in the states got there's yet!
Kathy I meant to ask you how long ago you had mailed it. Our inter country mail is taking up to 2 weeks so I was surprised to receive a card and especially as some Amazon orders I put through several weeks ago from the states haven’t arrived yet. Crazy. Maybe yours jagged a plane that was just happening to come here lol. I half expected you to tell me you were visiting. I love my card. Thank you.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:00 PM   #1175
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sending hugs to you all as some sound as though you need a big hug. I know I was grumpy the other day but I had some nice surprises yesterday that made me get out of my mood. It happens occasionally and usually because I’m tired lol.
Kandie, so sorry to hear about your couch..eek. I hope they send you a new one and soon. 

Ann, congratulations to your DH and I hope he finally moves from his chair. My friend found her hubby didn’t know what to do with himself and he just walks between their couch and their bathroom. He watches a lot of tv. I agree with a Shelly, it can be very emotional for your DH after working for so long. We need to find him a hobby lol. I hope that your back improves.

My DH worked for 37 years at the same company before he retired but he had had 18 months on half pay getting used to semi retirement and to see if he enjoyed it. He has never looked back. We were only saying yesterday that if we both didn’t have hobbies we would go stir crazy. I hope you and yours have fun together as this time can be wonderful for you both.

Shelly, sorry to hear about your friends mum. This is such a sad and challenging time for everyone. I so wish this horrible virus would disappear worldwide.

Love the purse you made Melody and you are amazing. You always seem to keep busy and help with jobs around the home that I say to my DH are his and I have mine lol. Jan is the same and helps Steve. I admire you ladies who do that. I’ve become a princess so I’m told lol.  I loved your positive quote where you said you got your steps in. I don’t seem to be achieving mine these days. 

Jan, how are the walks going? Have you been crafting?

Kathy, yay to a new tablet. I love getting new technology as that was my job for 15 years many many years ago....and where I met DH. We both worked for our largest telecommunications company. I used to always have the latest and greatest mobile phone but now I have my 6S and will wait until the cost goes down before I get a new one...unless it breaks. I’ve never dropped one in water yet but had a few clients who did and there is nothing that can repair a wet phone. I did know someone who tried the rice method once and it didn’t work.

It’s national scrapbooking weekend and I am scrapbooking with Sharon and a couple of ladies off the scrapping thread tomorrow. I need to prep today.

It was wonderful to see the poppets and even though we are supposed to social distance, nannie had to hug...them too. They came in their new pjs and ugg boots we had bought them. The first thing they said was...nannie we have showered and are clean..bless. I couldn’t resist. DH kept saying....Jayne you have to keep 1.5m lol.

There is no community spread and they are telling us that in a few weeks we may see some cafes and restaurants reopen but with restrictions. No overseas travel though apart from maybe New Zealand. I have no desire to go back to NZ yet. I’m happy travelling through my scrapbook pages for now.

This month is what I used to love when I was growing up in England ...May day and in our village we used to have a Maypole which I used to dance around. It’s long gone now which is a shame. We also would have a May Day Queen who would be dressed up in white and paraded on a decked out float. There would be stalls with produce and the flowers would be coming out. I used to love the beginning of May as summer was just around the corner. My sister was once the May Queen...I was only young but I have photos of her. I always wanted to be one but they stopped the tradition by the time I was old enough. Shame. Old traditions are always the best I think.

I’m rabbiting..sorry. Big hugs and to those who aren’t huggers...waving
Old 05-01-2020, 10:56 PM   #1176
Gallery Gazer

Jayne today is our first morning to go for a walk, apparently we have now been told we go go out once a day for up to an hour and no more than 1 km from our home, that means nowhere too interesting but it will be good to walk, Steve thinks our target of 2.7 miles per day, 1,000 miles per year will take four laps of our Poligono, The sun is shining and it’s getting hotter. Pool is only 22c needs to be a little hotter before I can get in there though!

I sat outside yesterday with Steve after we had put the compost into the veg plot and put the gravel down, I can’t really scrap and I wasn’t in the mood, I did some tidying and cut some dies with scrap paper but I was even fed up with that
Old 05-01-2020, 11:02 PM   #1177
Gallery Gazer

Steve has told me he is buying me a laptop for my craft room when we can go out, my PC is windows 8 and sometimes takes ages to get going, it will take less room
I’m still waiting for a new battery for my Apple laptop, a shop in the port ordered me one in January, it’s coming from China, LOL Apple can’t supply a new one as it’s too old, eight years, I dont think that’s old!
Old 05-02-2020, 04:49 AM   #1178
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lucky you Jan. I asked if I could eventually have a computer so I can watch YouTube videos but DH reminded me I have an iPad lol. Enjoy your walk.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:05 AM   #1179
Gallery Gazer

Jayne we walked four laps which was just over two miles and I’ve just been in the pool, first time and swam 26 lengths, the pool is 10 metres or just over 30 feet long so I quite happy wi5 my exercise for today.

I have a circuit so need a computer to be able to cut the files I have.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:00 AM   #1180
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, I mailed it on 15th so it was about 2 weeks. But when I mail to Jan it usually is twice that long. My computer is still running windows XP! I have one in the bedroom that runs Vista, which is nearly as old. Its never been hooked up to the internet. My cellphone was 8 years old when I finally upgraded in October.

Jan, I sent you a card the same day as Jayne so one of these days it should be there.

I should've stuck to my guns and not given cat any more to eat. He was meowing outside my bedroom door so I finally got up and fed him. But he wanted more. I kept telling
Him no but finally gave in and then he promptly went over to the rug by the door and threw up! He got some in DH's lawn shoes (what he wears to do yard work).

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:01 AM   #1181
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, I love your memories of May Day and the May pole. I have only seen that in movies. I wonder why the tradition was discontinued.

Jan, so nice that you are getting a laptop. You will be amazed at how fast these latest processors work!

It’s supposed to be around 76 today! What a terrific day to be outside!

I dropped a hankie doll off to my home-bound Sis on Thursday. I haven’t seen her in over two months because she can’t get out, even before the stay-at-home order, and she won’t let anyone in her home because she is a bit of a hoarder and doesn’t want anyone to see. This is the one who was and is so ill. Anyway, it was fairly nice out. I was going to drop her doll off in a bag to hang on her front door, but the garage door was open and so was the back door, so I put on my mask and snuck in! She was so surprised, and we gave each other huge hugs!!! It was so good to see her!

DH and I are now observing the 6’ distancing order, lol. Between his recliner, the table in the middle covered with a quilt so dusty can travel back and forth, and my recliner, it’s probably close to 6’, (ok, maybe closer to 3’). We wave hello and touch fingertips, and Dusty is having a ball traveling from one chair to another. But I sure hope this arrangement doesn’t last very long!

Our Governor laid out his 5-stage reopening plan yesterday, which is why the hair salon changed its opening date. I think it makes sense, but the mayor of the town next to us is having a fit and saying it’s all too soon. I guess he missed the part of the speech that says, if conditions are favorable. Anyway, people are feeling better around here. And the warmer weather and sunshine sure does help.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:02 AM   #1182
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Kathy, yuck on the cat vomit, but I did chuckle a bit at some of it getting into the shoes.

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:04 AM   #1183
Proud Fan Club Member

Our county went to yellow yesterday. Some businesses can open but we are still to mask and keep distance.

Daily Scripture Thread

AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:05 AM   #1184
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Oh Kathy, yuck on the cat vomit, but I did chuckle a bit at some of it getting into the shoes.
I cleaned it up so DH will never know. I used my Microban spray on it too!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 06:11 AM   #1185
Proud Fan Club Member

Sigh.
Attached Thumbnails
3a7bc006-28b3-45ca-935b-86b685d3aa77.jpg  

Old 05-02-2020, 06:50 AM   #1186
Gallery Gazer

Kathy thank you, Steve went on Thursday and it wasnt there but I’m going to the pharmacy on Monday for my free face masks and then I walk over to the PO to check our mail box.

Kandie at least Dusty will get plenty of exercise.

Our son said he wishes he could  send our four year old GS over to swim so they can have a rest, they look worn out as he’s on the go all the time. He also wakes up at 5am, sometimes earlier!
Old 05-02-2020, 06:52 AM   #1187
Gallery Gazer

I’ve finished one card and found some pieces cut out long ago, started a card but ran out of ideas, came down to the garden to sit with Steve and swim , went back up to lock up and half an hour later Steve came to look for me, he was worried when I did t go back, I got carried away with an idea that didn’t work, tried four different ideas, it’s still pending, LOL
Old 05-02-2020, 07:27 AM   #1188
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Jan, how nice that you get to swim!! Sounds like a huge long pool! We have just a small one for the grandkids but it sure is refreshing. Hoping it will get open before July this year. Last year it was just too cold.

Jayne, so happy you got to see your poppets! It breaks my heart not to get to hug ours.

Kathy, my sons would tell you "that is old technology and it will not get serviced"! Not much you can do when the companies stop providing updates for the systems.

Off to eat, I'm always waiting to long and then it gets me sick! Son number two called on his way home from work and that was a 45 minute conversation.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:51 AM   #1189
Proud Fan Club Member

I know Ann. They quit doing updates at least two years ago. But so far everything still works so I keep on using it. Your sons would also cringe if they knew I never renewed my virus protection after it expired! But I don't do banking or shopping online and really only do scs.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 08:15 AM   #1190
Gallery Gazer

Ann our pool isn’t huge, it’s 33 ft long but it’s plenty big enough when all the family come over although it gets a big crowded when the three GSs want huge stingrays, crocs and dolphins to play on.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:58 AM   #1191
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. I'm a bit stiff from all that yard work yesterday. I got a little sunburn on the back of my neck.

Yes, with the speed that technology changes, 6 months is old. DS got me a new computer for Christmas and it is amazingly faster than my old one. I have windows 10, because it upgraded automatically. Some people were saying there were issues with it, but I've never noticed any. My iphone is a 5S, which is probably what I'll have as long as it's still working.

Around 70 today with a light wind. My kind of weather.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #1192
Proud Fan Club Member

Just got back from the laundromat. Mom had some cat beds she wanted washed and they have a designated washer for animal stuff. I put it in the washer and then waited in the car. I noticed one thing. Those who wore masks were older, those who didn't, young people. The one young Lady even had a small daughter with her without a mask.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 02:11 PM   #1193
Proud Fan Club Member

My cousin just stopped by. I had left her a phone message. I saw her and some kids walking along the ditch like they were looking for something and we found a pair of kids crocks and thought maybe that was what she was looking for. They did belong to the girl that she was with but she was looking for her cellphone! Apparently it slipped out of her pocket when she and the boy that was with her jumped over the ditch. She found it in the water! She has it in rice but I told her that doesn't seem to help much from what I was reading here! She said staples has a dryer they put it in, but they are only doing curbside sales and wouldn't even let her drop it off!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:54 PM   #1194
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Our neighbors are having a party! Lots of people over! And a barn fire burning, so we had to shut our windows in this nice weather!
mcschmidty, jan31, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:07 PM   #1195
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Saturday/Sunday...I keep thinking it’s Saturday. I’ve just got off a scrapping chat/craft session with Sharon and other scrappy friends. Was so good and I got 2 pages made...bonus.

Ann, are you allowed to mix now in your State? I hope your neighbours are social distancing..eek. My heart breaks for you too Ann and you not being able to see your poppets as I know how much you see them. We have been FaceTiming each day so it wasn’t as though we hadn’t seen them, but I had to have a cuddle....not that I am supposed to but I thought well if this virus is meant to get me then so be it. Fortunately we don’t have community spread here so I figured I was ok.

Jan, I would love a pool. We don’t have a big backyard and did consider a lap pool but the cost was ridiculous plus DH used to have a pool in another life and he said the cost to maintain and also water so we decided not to bother. We are also only 500m from the beach so that’s our pool although we hardly go in the ocean these days. The poppets love swimming and I know the kids would come around more if we had a pool but that decision has long gone now. Son2 and his wife bought a home last year with a huge pool and entertainment area but we haven’t been in it yet. At our last house we had a huge backyard and really in hindsight could have put a pool in when the boys were growing up but again cost was a factor and we didn’t have the spare cash, plus the boys used it as their cricket pitch LOL. I still dream of me lazing around a pool with my G&T or glass of wine in tow LOL. A few friends have spa’s. We used to have an indoor spa in our last bathroom and hardly used that. It took forever to fill up and then I would get in and get too hot LOL. We once went to a friend’s for dinner...8 of us...they had a spa and we all got in it with our glasses of champers. It was a bit too close for comfort for me and DH with others. We have a thing about spas and being too close..lol. We did have bathers on lol.

Well I hope that you all have had a nice day. I am going to make brekkie and post my layouts and then go back to my craft room. I am feeling creative. Have fun
Old 05-02-2020, 06:41 PM   #1196
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, Wisconsin is still under stay at home orders. Parks have opened though with limited hours and you are reminded to keep social distancing.

No social distancing going on at the neighbors!!
Old 05-02-2020, 07:01 PM   #1197
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Ann..I gathered not at your neighbours. We would get fined here for not obeying the rules.

I made 2 pages whilst chatting with Sharon and others. Had brekkie and I am still thinking it’s Saturday. I’m lying out in the sunshine on the deck until I work out what day it is and what else I’m going to do today lol.

Sleep well ladies.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:05 PM   #1198
Proud Fan Club Member

Our county moved from red to yellow. Some things can begin opening but still required to mask and distance🧻

Just noticed this new tablet has emoticons! Wonder if that roll of TP will show up or not! Lol

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 07:07 PM   #1199
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
Thanks Ann..I gathered not at your neighbours. We would get fined here for not obeying the rules.
I made 2 pages whilst chatting with Sharon and others. Had brekkie and I am still thinking it’s Saturday. I’m lying out in the sunshine on the deck until I work out what day it is and what else I’m going to do today lol.
Sleep well ladies.
I'm so happy you are able to connect with Sharon and others!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 07:15 PM   #1200
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

It did show up Kathy. Thank you for your comment on my page. We still have to connect with you. I am going to see if I can get google duo or something lol. Sharon loves to connect as I do.

Last edited by Ozpom; 05-02-2020 at 11:01 PM..