Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-28-2020, 09:34 AM   #1041
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning everyone. HUGS!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:42 AM   #1042
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Lots of chat since yesterday a.m.

Catherine, I hope your shoulder is better and that you had a good night's sleep.

My back has been bothering me...too much sitting and no exercise with my sprained ankle. It is still purple, but the swelling has gone down.

Kandie, love all your little dollies. So sweet and reminds me of days gone by when we used to make our own toys.

Jan, Steve sounds like me...if there's a way to injure yourself, I'll find it. Hope he's doing well today. I know I shouldn't cross my legs, but I do it anyway, too. Why is it always so hard to do what is good for ourselves? LOL So glad to hear that things seem to be improving in Spain...I hope people are careful so that it stays that way.

Kathy, my husband hunts also, but no turkey hunting this year as we are still in Arizona. I'll bet you can't wait to get out fishing again.

Shelly, I'm glad the card arrived. Your picture looks very nice.

Hello Ann, Dagmar, Melody, Sharon, Shirl, Annette, Anne...and everyone! Have a great day!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:52 AM   #1043
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ok caught up on all of the posts.

DH is off to take paper and hand soap to number one son and the grandkids.

Talking to my DIL yesterday she said that no liquid handsoap was available in all the stores they went to. Told her I would send some over a couple large bottles as I like the "everyone" hand soap better so they could have all of the soft soap we have. I managed to get some from Amazon.

Also, that she could not get wide ruled paper for the kids homework assignments. Supplies are limited now on so many items. Thankfully I had some of that too which is going over to them.

Kandie, I really like the pink one too! So pretty!! You are talented dear lady!! Great work on all of them.

Jan, tell Steve to stop hurting himself! He needs to take it easy!

Hello to all and sending hugs your way!!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:38 AM   #1044
Proud Fan Club Member

I ran out of hand soap too, so what I did was buy a bottle of dish soap and refill my containers. I never notice before, but they say dish soap/antibacterial hand soap! I bought Walmarts great value brand but Dawn said the same thing on the bottle! Don't know why I hadn't thought about that before.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:45 AM   #1045
Proud Fan Club Member

Pictures

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 04-28-2020, 12:11 PM   #1046
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, no! I am over three pages behind! I will never catch up! I read this last page.
Interesting talk about first uploads. Don’t know how it started, but I enjoyed looking at everyone’s. Mt first upload was Nov. 7th, 2009. It is one of my albums above my cards and it it is my 2011 album. Anyway here it is.

Paris Album by smadson - at Splitcoaststampers

Catherine, I am sorry you are having back problems. I know it must really be painful to not be able to sleep and to go to the chiropractor! Prayers!
Kathy, I need to begin exercising again, other than my walking. I need to go look for those videos you gave us last year.
Kandie, I would keep that doll with the pretty bonnet, too. All of them are so pretty.
Gracie, thank you for my wonderful card and sweet note. I love the sentiment! Hope your foot is getting better.

Jan, do not tell Steve, but I laughed when you said he got up and hit his head after you doctoring him for the other cut. I am sorry! But it struck me as funny. I sure hope both cuts heal quickly! I am glad you were right there, too. So did he take the rest of the day off? You both sound like you always work a lot around the house! I feel lazy when I read what you, and some of the others are doing!
We do clean, together, and go walking. It then , DH watches his shows and I go to the craft room! Or, sometimes I go to basement where I have been going through boxes of photos, memorabilia, etc. hoping I can make it easier for next move or for kids.

Thanks Kathy, and whoever else got me started on those Jeanne Roberson videos! I have several more and love them! I watch then while I do my Wrist PT.

I have been playing with my TH embossing glaze, for my card for tomorrow.
Hi, Everyone! Sorry I am so far behind on the chatter, but I am trying to get more done, than being on this iPad! I spend entirely too much time on here, and my iPad tells me how much time I spend on it. Too embarrassing to tell you! Eek!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:14 PM   #1047
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! I'm late checking in this morning - for no apparent reason. The girls did a sleepover last night - both of them in DD1's room. I heard them giggling as I was going to sleep. I'm so glad they enjoy each other. Normally, that sort of activity during the school week would be discouraged but life isn't normal these days.

Shelly, yes, I work on the computer A LOT. I have three computers here that I use for work. Plus last Friday I also brought home a tablet and label printer that I'm trying to set up for the church. I am NOT a tablet person! My chiropractor said that he is seeing more of the adjustment that he did for me yesterday because people are spending more time looking down and sitting more. I'm not sitting more, I don't think. We are actually walking our neighborhood more (just got back from a walk) so today, I haven't sat down hardly at all and I'm playing around with set ups trying to get a better one to work with. I have a better set up at the office.

I wondered about your new photo, it looks lovely!

Did you get your cleaning done quickly, Jayne, so you could get into your craft room?

I'm glad Steve had a safe and successful trip to the bank, Jan.

Too funny about your sister and fishing, Jan. That is how I feel about fishing. I went, once, with my grandpa. I loved my grandpa and he was a fun guy but that was the MOST boring day I had spent! I never wanted to go again.

Oh no, I cross my legs all the time! That is bad news. My chiropractor did tell me I need to change how I sleep so I'm working on that and he emailed me a Youtube video of stretches to do.

Your garden sounds lovely, Dagmar, hope you get rain too!

Kandie, do you not still have your paper crimper? I have mine but it has been quite a while since I last used it.

I guess those ladies in their corsets had something right, they couldn't help but sit up straight!

Your new dolls are all adorable, Kandie!

Oh no, poor Steve! That is concerning too, when he is on blood thinners. My dad was on those and his skin was so thin.

Kathy, I wonder how crossing your legs is bad for your heart? I will have to ask Google.

Good job on the exercising, but take it easy and ease back into it. I know, too late to tell you that, right?

Hello Melody, hugs back to you!

Sorry your back has been bothering you, Gracie. But you have to let your ankle heal! I slept better, thank you.

Is that frustrating your DH that he is missing turkey hunting, Gracie? It seems like turkey season should be closer to Thanksgiving!

Yes, Ann, I have been seeing empty shelves for hand soap as well as many other things. We actually use Dawn dish soap for handwashing in our house and I was able to find that at Sam's Club.

I'm surprised about the wide ruled paper being limited! Thankfully, neither of my girls use that any more.

Kathy, we really like blue Dawn dish soap. My DH even makes it thinner and we use that in our hand soap containers. He makes it thinner because they are the foaming kind.

Well, it is just after noon here now so I'm going to go eat breakfast. I'm doing intermittent fasting now to, hopefully, help combat weight gain. DD1 made dinner last night, she made a Moroccan Harira soup and it was SOOOO tasty. Even though I thought it was too warm for soup, I'd happily eat that soup again. Yum! And not bad for weight. DD2, on the other hand, made more chocolate chip cookies. Also yum! but not so good for keeping the weight down!
jan31, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:38 PM   #1048
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Completely forgot what day it was, so now I have to think up a card for tomorrows letter of the week! YIKES!
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #1049
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, I started the post about first uploads. I was thinking it would be fun and give everyone something fun to do. I loved your layout!

My SU order is to arrive today. I also ordered a small tablet from Walmart. It is supposed to arrive Thursday, but I haven't even got a shipping notice yet. I don't mind waiting but I wish they'd at least let me know.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 01:28 PM   #1050
Stazon Splitcoast

I still have my crimper(s) and use at least one of them. If I need something to cushion a card, I will crimp a piece of cardstock and put it in front of the card in the envelope. I have a straight one and a wavy one. I know I could use embossing folders, but the crimper is so much faster.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 01:39 PM   #1051
Proud Fan Club Member

I have my crimper yet, too! I also crimp card stock to stick in a bumpy envelope to protect cards.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 02:16 PM   #1052
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I made one of those mask cards from Annette's video.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #1053
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Sharon, I started the post about first uploads. I was thinking it would be fun and give everyone something fun to do. I loved your layout!

My SU order is to arrive today. I also ordered a small tablet from Walmart. It is supposed to arrive Thursday, but I haven't even got a shipping notice yet. I don't mind waiting but I wish they'd at least let me know.
Thank you, Kathy. Back then my pages were simpler, I didn’t have as much stuff! LOL. Also did you notice I used eyelets. I should do more of that . I have jars of them! I need to use my eye setter! LOL
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #1054
Proud Fan Club Member

I have lots of eyelets too. I still have mulberry paper! Anyone remember that?

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:42 PM   #1055
Proud Fan Club Member

I do! I still have some too. I have so much stuff. I have decided to share some with a friend
and just keep using what I have instead of getting new. It's so hard to
do!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 5 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:04 PM   #1056
Proud Fan Club Member

It's interesting about the soap, Kathy. It is labelled differently here. It just says dishwashing liquid, no mention of hand soap. You have to stick your hands in it to use it though so it makes sense.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:36 PM   #1057
Proud Fan Club Member

Funny, but I just noticed that on the Dawn label the words dishwashing liquid are smaller than the antibacterial hand soap!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:45 PM   #1058
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, thanks for the prayers, I appreciate it. I love your first upload - of course, it involves Paris!

It is hard to keep track of what day of the week it is, Ann, I understand!

Melody, a wavy crimper would be fun! I just have a regular one.

You're getting a new tablet, Kathy?

Did you figure out how to make it your E card, Melody?

Thankfully, I don't have a lot of eyelets...but I do have some that I should just use up.

Are you still a demo, Annette? That would make it extra hard to not keep buying new stuff!
Old 04-28-2020, 06:06 PM   #1059
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

REMINDER!

Tomorrow's letter is "E"!

Keywords: ABC13E5, ABC13, and your personal keyword!!

Have fun!!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:28 PM   #1060
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm getting other small tablet. 7" Android. I have an 11.5" tablet but I love my little one that I can take to bed with me. Then if I can't sleep, I plug in headphones and listen to YouTube tutorials! This one I use now is wonderful except that I have to reset it to factory every three months to get free space again. It came with preloaded apps that cannot be uninstalled and they are all stored in app space and cannot be moved to tablet space (SD card). If I download Anything I can download to the SD card, but can't move anything that was preloaded. So those apps add data and in order to free up space so I can still get my gmail or more stuff, I have to factory reset it. If it weren't for that I'd love it. The battery lasts all night, where my larger tablet lasts only five or six hours.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 07:04 PM   #1061
Stazon Splitcoast

Ha, Catherine. No. I was actually thinking of F for face mask. But I could have added some eyelets. Maybe that is what I will use for an E card. I, too, have lots and lots of eyelets and brads, and, ribbon, and ... too much stuff. I haven't been buying, but I do put things I want on my wish list for gifts, so I've still been getting new stuff.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:19 PM   #1062
Proud Fan Club Member

I am still a demo. I have been for 15 years this October. It is hard but I am mostly a hobby demo and buy mostly consumables for myself now and I have enough of a customer base to help me make my minimums. Most of my stamping income comes from card classes that I teach at the local libraries and I don't need to use current product at them. They also let me put out catalogues and take orders.

I hope your back and shoulder are feeling better, Catherine.

Time to sit and watch a movie with DH. Good night all.

My Gallery
Old 04-28-2020, 08:38 PM   #1063
Proud Fan Club Member

I combined letter e with this weeks tutorial, yes I found it yesterday, but the pictures are on my phone and I turned it off to charge it so I won't be uploading until morning. I only charge my phone every four to five days, depending on how much I use it. It was five days this time. These new phones we got in October have awesome battery strength and charge fully in two hours. I'm so glad we got them when we did. I'm one who hates change and stresses over stuff like that, but God sure was good to me. I don't know why I went into the store that day, but we picked out new phones and got them ordered and only $5 a month per phone, normally $10 but because we ordered them online, discounted.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 10:10 PM   #1064
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Fun, I found Melodies mask card HERE

Kathy- is it an Iphone? Mine is still a 6+, and it takes it takes so long to charge! If it is at 100% when I go to bed, it will be at 35-40 WHEN i WAKE UP..... WHAT!!! I need to go get a new phone! Hope you enjoy your new tablet! And, Yes, I still have some mulberry paper....!

Catherine, PT had me standing up against a corner that sticks out....to stand up straight..... and then, hold arms straignt out and elbows bend up at 9- degrees in a doorway, take a step forward....stretches the back muscles affected by hunching over on a computer all day..... I also use a foam roller.... for a while, I took it everywhere if we drove for an overnight! I have always been big chested, and shoulders forward a bit to minimize that.....LOL

Annette- wow- 15 years is a long time! I had a SU demo that used to give me a discount, and she moved away : ( I was buying stuff just to help her with minimums, and was not using it, so I stopped ordering.... Now, I am trying to use what I have, although, I love a bargain! I have been good so far in the quarentine, but if a big sale weekend happens, Oh Boy!

Melodie- I love your mask card- I will make some for my nurse friends! I still have my crimper as well! Love it!

Sharon, love your Paris layout! So fun!

Off to bed I go!
Waving hello to all!

Shelly
AnnetteMac, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:24 PM   #1065
Gallery Gazer

Lots of chatter to catch up on, firstly Steve hand looks bad but it did stop bleeding, thank goodness, we have to relay the tiles today, but only an hour or so of work, Steve will mix the grout I lay the tiles. Team spencer we call ourselves.

Sharon, normally I would have laughed as things like that tickle me but for once I was concerned as I would be terrified to go to the hospital at this time.

This will give you all a laugh, so Steve was standing on the pool side with the net getting leaves out and I was sweeping , as he stepped off the pool edge I moved the brush and tripped him up, accidentally, he luckily, or not, fell into the pool, fully clothed, he was so mad and I was trying not to laugh, he got out and realised he had his phone in his pocket!
He was even more annoyed, he had to buy a new phone but luckily his SIM card dried and worked, he laughs about it now but he was livid!
Old 04-28-2020, 10:53 PM   #1066
Gallery Gazer

I still have my crimper and years ago I bought one of those gadgets to set eyelets although I could never do it but I still have them all!

I also bought a glue gun, hardly ever used it and then years later saw one with glitter glue sticks, totally forgot I already had one and bought it!!

Foam sheets still here but never used, I will get them out when the GSs. One over, they use all my old glitter pens and foam letters etc, the middle GS likes to cut things and use glue, lots of it!

We both had a new iPhone last October while we were in SF, I had the lavender case with a clear cover so I could see the back, it keeps its charge really well, it was quite funny as we change all the data over in the Apple store, I had to do the face recognition and set up Siri, she didn’t understand my accent, the man helping me couldn’t stop laughing ,
Then my spanish SIM card didn’t fit , it came out of my old iPhone but they wouldn’t cut it down for me, we had to run round the mall to find one of those stalls that repair phones, he took one look, got out a razor blade and trimmed it to fit, took it back to the Apple shop and it fit perfectly.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:14 PM   #1067
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, lots of chatter since I last checked in. I have to laugh at the phone discussion. I still have an iPhone 5c. I think my phone is the oldest cell phone in the house, although DH's phone has died since he has been in quarantine. Thankfully, he has a work cell phone so we don't have to rush to replace his personal cell. The 5c is small but I don't like to have a big one for when I'm running as I have an app that tracks workouts.

I've started peeling my stamps off their wood blocks. I have a tower with 6 drawers and have done three of the drawers, actually, I've done two of the drawers and DD2 did one of the drawers for me. Once I'm done with those six drawers, I have a big bin in my room that is full of wood mounted stamps. I'm not sure what I'll do with the wood blocks. I'm so glad to have this project started.

I'll look for your eyelets, Melody.

Wow, Annette, you've been a demo for 15 years? That is quite a while. One of the demos that I used to go to stamp club with has quit being a demo. I just recently saw her post on FB that she has probably $3000 of product but it is all boxed and she is selling it as a block for $1000...if only!

Detective Kathy has been at work, look forward to seeing your card and the tutorial.

Shelly, DD2 has an iPhone 6+, it is a bit larger than mine.

Jan, yes, being on blood thinner makes it more scary. As for your pool story, it reminds me of when we had a birthday party for DD2. We borrowed a friend's house and pool because she wanted a pool party. Anyway, the party was over but DD2 was still in the pool and wanted her dad to jump in...which he did...forgetting that he had put his stuff back in his swim trunk pockets including his phone! And yes, we had to get him a new phone.

Good night all!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:21 PM   #1068
Stazon Splitcoast

For those of you who have gotten your phones wet, it is possible to dry them out by putting them in a plastic bag filled with rice. I'm pretty sure I remember DH doing that. I don't know that it always works, but sure is worth trying, to save the money on a new phone.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:23 PM   #1069
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Unfortunately, that doesn't always work, we did try it but no luck, so new phone it was!
Old 04-28-2020, 11:58 PM   #1070
Gallery Gazer

I’ve heard about rice I. A bag but we did dry it first but no joy. Lucky at the time it was a dumb phone not an iPhone so not quite as expensive.

Jayne and Gracie, sorry to hear you are both not fully recovered .

Great news it looks like we can go for a walk on Tuesday, before lockdown Steve said we should walk at least a thousand miles per year so we had to do at least 2.7 miles per day, that was easy when we were going out, so now we will walk around our poligono and work out how many laps to do.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:24 AM   #1071
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Wednesday. All good this end and my foot is ok for a 15 min walk and improving. Gracie, keep resting that ankle and hope you are hopping around soon.

Catherine, we did do a thorough clean yesterday and yes I did get into my craft room and made 3 pages. Was fun. Today has been a lazy day and we have been catching up on lost sleep. Not much happening this end today and no craft today although I did start my E card yesterday and then lost my mojo.

I also have my original stash from 20 years ago...eyelets, brads, mulberry paper, glue gun and sticks (never been used and only bought 2 years ago) and other stuff I have no idea what I am supposed to do with them. One thing I have an used once is the thingy before the Misti came in...now I can't remember what it is called but I still have it. Gosh I have gadgets in my drawer including my crop-o-dile and I only use that on one setting and for my scrap pages to punch holes. I have no idea what I am supposed to do with it LOL.

Sharon, I’m also trying to keep my onscreen time down and do more creating.  DH keeps saying to me...when all is said and done, a lot is said and not much done LOL.  He says we ladies chat more than create...well at least I do LOL so I have been proving him wrong this week.  I’ve scrapped a lot and had fun.  

Happy day everyone

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-29-2020 at 02:00 AM..
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:52 AM   #1072
Gallery Gazer

Here's my card for E, I'm loosely using it as E for Exercise.

Working off the cookies by jan31 - at Splitcoaststampers
Old 04-29-2020, 03:13 AM   #1073
Proud Fan Club Member

No iphones for me. Love Android so we buy Motorola's. My last Motorola lasted eight years! Gave the Verizon guy a smile when he saw how old it was. My son had iphones and had to replace them way too often. They would quit charging.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 06:02 AM   #1074
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

YIKES two pages of notes on chatter, lol.

Jan, your poor DH! How are his head and hand today? My DH would call that having a case of the Ragged Ashinies! (Ash-sheen-ees ). Don’t know where that came from, but it seems to be prevalent in this family, lol. They blame it on being Irish!

Kathy and everyone, here I am, reading about not crossing the legs, and I look down and my legs are crossed, lol.

Go easy on the exercising, girl!

And I never ever noticed that Dawn also says hand soap!

Sharon, we love to hear from you, even if it’s only a few words now and then.

Catherine, my crimper went by the wayside years ago, when I got rid of a bunch of craft items. Now I wish I still had it. Maybe when HL opens again I will buy a new one.

Gracie, thank you for the LOVELY card! Really made my day. And for the first time ever, I have seen wild turkeys wandering our neighborhood. So strange to see them strutting around the yard.

Sharon, I still have eyelets and the setter kit, brads of all kinds, still have some mulberry paper too. I absolutely refuse to get rid of them, I’m waiting for them to come back in style, lol. I have cute buttons that I cut the shanks off of to attach to cards. I have a label maker, and got addicted to We R Memory Keepers craft contraptions like file folder tab makers and frame makers and envelope makers. Every time I sort through the large cabinet where I store stuff I think, I hope I remember how to use those things!

Jan, so glad to hear your restrictions are lifting a bit!

Hello and waving to everyone I missed! Good morning!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:36 AM   #1075
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

DH and I got out for a bit, only the second time for me for quite a while. We went to the post office so I could mail two hankie dolls (I call them my hankie hug dolls) to my DDs. Then we went to a plant nursery that just reopened the doors and bought two Boston ferns for the cardinals to build their nests in. The majority of customers wore masks, but many didn’t, and one lady had a mask on but wore it under her chin, which I found really an oxymoron.

DH took me to Walmart for some white thread. The thread display was entirely empty except for some real ugly golds, why did it not occur to me that thread would be gone? I found a small sewing kit and bought that. I needed the white to do some tacking down of the corners of the hankies that make the hats.

Then I lost the little white spool somewhere in my quilt on the couch and was tearing everything apart trying to find it. DH decided to get involved and kept saying did you leave it in the bathroom, did you carry it over there to get a mint and set it down? I kept saying, WHY would I carry a spool of thread to the bathroom! I got aggravated with his suggestions and asked to just let me look for it and go back to his tv show, and he got offended and pouted. Then I found it, it had rolled under the couch! Sometimes he tries to be too helpful.

Then I had to take a stress pill (chill pill?) because I started itching all over!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:23 AM   #1076
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! We didn't have any luck with rice either when DHs iPhone got splashed with salt water in Hawaii. It didn't even get completely wet. I'm an android fan too Kathy. I like that android lets
you use an added sd card for additional storage. So many people I know complain about their iphone running out of storage or having to pay a lot more just for bigger storage.

Glad you are starting to heal Jayne and Gracie.

Jan that is a cute card and I'm glad you will be able to start going out for walks. I hope Steve has a better day.

I am fortunate that my computer sits on my craft room table so I can get things done while looking at videos or keeping up on chat.

I found a fun video that I'm going to use for my e card, but I need to finish taxes first. It will be a busy day for me. I need to do the dreaded taxes, bake bread, finish 54 cards for DH to send to his students, figure out supper, design and send a book folding pattern, and have a video meeting with my downline. Since my tea is done and I am well caffinated, I should get started.
Have a lovely day!

My Gallery

Last edited by AnnetteMac; 04-29-2020 at 07:48 AM..
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:27 AM   #1077
Gallery Gazer

Kandie Steve is fine, his hand isn’t too bad and his head is cut but not deep, we laid most of the tiles we took up and no injuries,thank goodness, we’ve run out of grout so we are going to risk going to get some more on Friday morning so if you don’t hear from me again you will know I’ve been arrested.
Steve wants to go on his own but he hasn’t been out only to the bank, outside with a mask on so I will go inside to order and they will put it in the boot for me
Old 04-29-2020, 08:11 AM   #1078
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello Ladies. I am so far behind on chatter that I have decided to not even attempt to read what I may have missed. I did finally catch up on commenting for round 12, but I think I am behind now for round 13...oops. Letter E for eyelet...great idea. I too have so many in so many colors.

I have my SU order coming in tomorrow. I am excited but as usual already forgot what I ordered. LOL! I know it is all stuff I have to have or really want before it is discontinued or retired. FYI: The last chance products and discounts are up on the SU website or your demo's website. There is a link to mine in my signature if you want a quick peek. I have been a demo for about 5 or 6 years, although I have been stamping for about 10 years or so. I'm a hobby demo, so I have to meet my own minimums.

I too have so much product in my craft area, but I do use it. My problem is that I always want what is new. This past catalog didn't have too many things I was excited about, but this new catalog has me adding so much to my wish list. I am sad that they are discontinuing the 12 x 12 scrapbook supplies and going only with the 6 x 8 materials. Oh well...

I hope everyone is healthy. Mom and I are doing our best to do the same.
S2S2019 Challenges $15.36 as of 01/31/19
Old 04-29-2020, 08:43 AM   #1079
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

So great that everyone is checking in so we know that all is well with you and your families. Well sort of well, I'm thinking of poor Steve injured. And Gracie too! Be careful out there!!

Son number two called this morning and said there has been the first case of the virus out in the warehouse of his place of work. Luckily they were told they never entered his area. I worry for him more then for our other sons.

Old supplies, yes I have a few eyelets but not many. I do have the crock-a-dile, but I use it for punching holes when needed.

I haven't been out to any stores in so long now. Spouse went when we needed something using gloves and a mask. I order groceries when needed to keep us out of the stores.

Off to eat some breakfast/lunch, stomach is growling. Need to check today's challenges too!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:51 AM   #1080
Gallery Gazer

I just emailed our eldest son, when we rang this our youngest DGS this morning to sing happy birthday he wasn’t too happy, he wants to know why he can’t play with his friends, poor JJ, he’s four today and cant have his party that they had plans.