Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-23-2020, 08:17 PM   #881
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks a lot Jayne...bringing up all that food again...now I'm hungry for sweets. Hmmm, what shall I eat? LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-23-2020, 08:35 PM   #882
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie that's good news about your DB. When we watch some British shows, particularly Scottish ones like Outlander, we have to put the captions on LOL. It's even hard for us, and when we visit my SIL and my DB in the UK, my DH is always asking me to translate as when I chat with them I get back a thick accent..so funny. My SIL says I sound like an Aussie....I'm not even close apart from the odd words and I guess my sentences go up at the end like they speak here. DH sounds English and I am always being asked which part he is from LOL. He definitely does not have an English accent...so funny.
I love taking photos of cake shops and food when on holiday...I also like eating food LOL. When I go to the hardware shop with DH, I pick up the free colour samples for my Mixed Media and journals LOL. You get all kinds of free stuff there.
Our hairdressers have been open all the time, except mine but I wouldn't have gone anyway. Apparently the one my friend goes to she says they wear masks and gloves and are always disinfecting. I have decided to ride it out and see how my hair goes...not good at present but no-one but DH sees it LOL. The grey hasn't come through yet which is good LOL.

Ann, I'm a tombow girl too, even on my scrapping. I only use tape on large photos on my scrapping. I go through so much glue and am down to my last 2 bottles LOL. I bought some foam dots that I thought were like the ones I used to use on squares. They were cheap so I bought 3 packs. They are awful and when you pop them on they make the item really tall. I used them on my doll on my D card and she is about to pop off. I only have those and foam tape and some very tiny adhesive dots. I'm sure I had some SU dimensionals somewhere but must have used them up. I put a lot of dots on cards LOL. Now I need to go to our craft shop and buy more square dimensionals that I like and which are reasonably priced......mmmm.. I do have to go to the PO today so maybe I can nip there too. I'll park that idea for now.

Catherine, I haven't tried that with Tim Tams. I'll try it LOL. I love markets too....another place I take lots of photos of. Which reminds me...today I am finally getting to Santa Cruz and I have photos of markets and food there lol.

Kathy that family are crazy and fun...thanks for sharing.

Annette..chores..yuk. I only do mine on a Tuesday now and just potter the rest of the week. There's only 2 of us here so it doesn't take long.

Jan, there's no way you have an Aussie accent LOL. They must not have heard an Aussie accent. We met some Americans on a cruise once and they asked us where we were from. When we told them, their response was...Australia...not heard of that place. We cracked up when they had left.

Ann, you would find my son's name interesting as his GGF was German....a long story. I keep telling him to do family history as they changed their name when they went to the UK. I am intrigued as to why. I am going to buy him ancestry for his birthday LOL. His father never looked into it.

I hope that your headache goes away. Sleep well.

Gracie, hope that your ankle improves...we definitely are twins LOL. Keep it RICE'd.

Hugs to you all and anyone who hasn't been on for a while or I haven't said hello to. Time to get out of this nightie LOL and hit the PO.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:13 PM   #883
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh no Gracie! Sorry you fell! And Ann has a headache, no good.

As for sweets, you seemed to be pretty well supplied, Gracie, I'm sure you found something to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Jayne, when we did the Facetime call, your accent reminded me of a lovely friend of mine who lives here but is from Australia. I can't imagine someone not having heard of Australia, goodness, I hope they were joking!

Let me know how you like the Tim Tams that way!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:30 PM   #884
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Catherine! I had a frozen yogurt sundae with chocolate and caramel! Yummy! My hubby said, "Is that suppose help the swelling go down on your ankle?" I said, "Of course it is. I'll set the bowl on my ankle!"
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:33 PM   #885
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh yes, I concur, I'm sure it must help the swelling go down!
Old 04-23-2020, 09:40 PM   #886
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Catherine! Sadie is finally doing so much better. Yay! Here's a photo the Vet took of her.
Attached Thumbnails
sadie042320.jpg  
mcschmidty, jan31, cdimick and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:41 PM   #887
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

That was one expensive photo! LOL
Old 04-23-2020, 09:50 PM   #888
Gallery Gazer

A funny from our DIL
Attached Thumbnails
5836e29c-d13b-43d1-b53e-d057c436ede4.jpeg  
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:52 PM   #889
Gallery Gazer

Another one for all the ladies with pets
Attached Thumbnails
9417c0d9-96cb-432c-bacd-7b20d3e4c525.jpeg  
smadson, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:03 PM   #890
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha ha! Good ones Jan. Pet lovers are so special! They are are furbabies! Sadie kind of looks like me...don't you think? LOL
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:42 PM   #891
Gallery Gazer

Gracie they say owners get to look like their pets! Pleased to hear she’s doing well.

When our beloved dog Sam had an op he was still drowsy and laid in front of the fire, suddenly he heard Steve coming in from work and he tried to get up to greet him, he was like bambi, jelly legs, it was funny but sad at the same time, he normally would nearly knock us over in excitement and he was an old English sheepdog/lurcher So on his hind legs he was almost as tall as me! We still miss him after 26 years, I still have his collar in my bedside drawer, makes me want to cry still when I touch it.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:45 PM   #892
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay, so happy to read that Sadie is doing so much better! She is so sweet, love that photo, thanks for sharing it, Gracie.

Good funnies, Jan, except tomorrow is my day of the week to head out and shop.

I'd sure like to be tested for antibodies. More and more studies are showing that it was here in the states earlier than initially thought and we, in our family, tend to believe that what we were so sick with the end of January into February might have been it.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:56 PM   #893
Gallery Gazer

Jayne they’ve just had a quiz in the newspaper, twenty English chocolate bars to identify from the insides, sad to say I knew eighteen, LOL, one was Reece’s, I think is an American chocolate and one id never heard of!
Old 04-23-2020, 10:59 PM   #894
Gallery Gazer

Catherine our DIL is a scientist and was saying that testing for antibodies is hard as they may pick up other antibodies from other viruses that you've had in the past, I guess that’s s taking time to find one that 100%.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:01 PM   #895
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reeses, like Reeses peanut butter cups, Jan?
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:11 PM   #896
Gallery Gazer

It just said Reece’s Nut bar, I love the peanut butter cups, at Halloween I get all of those as the boys don’t like them,LOL
Old 04-23-2020, 11:11 PM   #897
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm with the boys! My DH loves them.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:40 AM   #898
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Oh no Gracie! Sorry you fell! And Ann has a headache, no good.

As for sweets, you seemed to be pretty well supplied, Gracie, I'm sure you found something to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Jayne, when we did the Facetime call, your accent reminded me of a lovely friend of mine who lives here but is from Australia. I can't imagine someone not having heard of Australia, goodness, I hope they were joking!

Let me know how you like the Tim Tams that way!
Catherine, trust me they weren’t joking. We couldn’t believe that they hadn’t heard of Australia and asked where it was lol.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:42 AM   #899
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie they say that pets look like their owners but Sadie hasn't got a supply of choccies near her lol. It’s a great photo of her.

Jan, i’ve heard of Reece’s. Maybe we have that here....not sure.

Catherine, yes we heard yesterday that they think the virus may have been in the States earlier. A lot of friends in this site have reported being sick since January. Maybe you should see if you can be tested.

Oops should have read Jan’s post first..sounds as though there’s no test for that.

Time to watch a show and no more choccie..doh!  I have worked out my E card though but not started it yet.  

Happy long weekend.  It is here and happy Anzac Day tomorrow. We are getting up for the dawn service at 5.55am outside at our front gate and will play the last post through a speaker.  It seems all aussies are being asked to do this.  I hope we are all in sync.

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-24-2020 at 04:47 AM..
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:40 AM   #900
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Notes on both sides of my paper again from all the chatting!

Ann, grrrrr on your spouse painting from the middle, lol. DH will paint, but he’s farsighted and can’t see well up close, so I have to sneak behind him and touch up all the mistakes.

I’ve used both Tombow and tape runners for years. I prefer Tombow for many aspects but do like the tape runner for sealing envelopes.

Kathy, is that trash barrel a communal barrel, then?

Catherine, DH goes to Target, Fresh Thyme (healthy foods), Meijer and Walmart, Meijer being a store just like Walmart. Target for dog biscuits, Fresh Thyme for sweet tasting tangerines, Meijer for better prices and selection, and Walmart for prescriptions. And always stops in Lowe’s home improvement for something, even if it’s a roll of duct tape, lol. He’s a runner, can you guess? And all these stores and close together!

Kathy sorry for the FAIL on the days of the week, lol. I only know yesterday was Thursday again because the neighborhood is full of trash cans out at the street!

Video was hilarious! And I also filled out the census right away. I put white - I think - but I definitely put Irish for DH since his family tree is really only a stick, he says.

Gracie, dear Gracie, how is that ankle today? Are your ankles double-jointed like mine? I am forever twisting mine.

Jayne, yes on the free color samples at the hardware stores!

Ann, Sadie is smiling and saying “thanks for helping me, mom!”

Jan, good funny!

Catherine, same here on the illness and not getting over very well on what I thought was the flu but was it really? Who knows.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:34 AM   #901
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Today is my day to head into town, do some things at the office that cannot be taken care of from home, and grocery shop so I am up earlier than the rest of the week, sitting here drinking my coffee, and catching up on the chatter.

Jan, there are people getting testing done but your comment now makes me wonder about the accuracy of their results. A local friend just told me (electronically, no worries) of a place where I can go and get the testing done for $100.

Jayne, it is so hard to believe those people hadn't heard of Australia, talk about poor education! They should have covered it in numerous classes, history, learning about the continents are just two that immediately come to mind!

Happy Anzac Day! That reminds me of a story of my local Aussie friend. One time for a church thing, I took a favorite family cookie that I had made. She came and found me and asked how I came to be making Anzac cookies. I looked at her blankly and said, "I don't know about Anzac cookies, this is an old family recipe that we call Coconut-Oatmeal cookies." So she told me about Anzac cookies and their history. My cookies really aren't the same, they don't have the golden syrup in them but apparently they taste pretty close so it gave her some nostalgia.

Kandie, I'm with you. I like both tape runner and Tombow glue and depending on what I'm doing, I make my choice which I'm going to use.

Your DH really likes to run to stores. I'm not the same. As a matter of fact, today I have to go to two stores plus the bank for church. I really should go to more stores but I just don't want to! I like to keep errands to a max of three stops.

Well, I should get off here and head to town. Talk with you later!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:07 AM   #902
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning ladies!

Have a great day Catherine! Hope you get all of your errands done and are able to get back home soon.

Hello Kandie, I love how your DH goes from store to store...mine does the same thing. He has to get the best prices at each store. He definitely knows what grocery prices are and will go to 3 different stores to get 4 items if the price is right! LOL

As for glue, I use Fabritac, a big tape runner and little glue type pens.

Sending out lots of cards today...been meaning to do that for awhile. Where does the time go?

My sprained ankle is purple today...oh well, I guess I'll just have to sit and craft all day!

Have a good day!
Old 04-24-2020, 09:16 AM   #903
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, it is so hard to lose our beloved dogs. Time doesn't erase those good memories. We still miss our Max and it's been 9 years. I love that you could name 18 of the 20 chocolates. Ha ha! I'm sure I could too. That's interesting that testing for antibodies for COVID-19 is hard as they may pick up other antibodies from other viruses that you've had in the past...thanks for sharing.

Jayne, I'll have to go check out what you made today. I have to go check out what "Anzac Day" is. Also, I cannot believe that those people had never heard of Australia. What???? Have a good sleep!
Old 04-24-2020, 09:34 AM   #904
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

I'm behind again today! LOL! Spouse is still in bed, even though we went to bed at the same time! He has four personal days to use up and then 2 days of work before retirement!

I miss our last dog, Shelly, she was a collie. Boy she stuck to me like glue when we were outside. No one dare get near me. I would have to bribe my sons to come and get her and take her in the house when I was pulling weeds. She would sit right up against my back in the heat. Once she was inside though all she did was cry for me!
It took me a long time to pull weeds without crying, missing her! Took two years before we got Athena and Iris!

Our pets are our babies!! Athena is acting weird again today!! She will probably throw up on my new kitchen rugs!

Gracie, sorry to hear your ankle is purple! Ouch!! How did you manage to fall?
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:42 AM   #905
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Ann.
Sorry Athena is acting weird again. Poor doggie with such a touchy stomach.
We were walking the dogs and I had on dark sunglasses, and didn't see this big rock and stepped on it, turning my ankle and fell. I even had a walking stick. Tom, helped me up and said give me those sunglasses! (I usually wear a cap rather than the sunglasses...won't be wearing them again.)The path up the mountain here is full of rocks. Gracie strikes again!

You'd better get a "Honey Do" list ready for your DH!
Old 04-24-2020, 09:55 AM   #906
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, the burning barrel is communal to mom, my sister and I. Then my other sister brings her trash and her daughters out to burn because they are no longer allowed to burn in the town they live in, fifteen minutes away from us. I am happy to be able to burn because most of my trash is burnable stuff. I recycle everything I can, but the recycling center is currently closed.

I did banking and then a Walmart run and then for a coffee at Dunkin. Another kind person in front of me paid for my coffee again! That's two times in a row! People are so kind.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 04-24-2020, 10:06 AM   #907
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, you'll have to make a sign by the burning barrel and maybe have some recycle containers nearby for cans, metal and glass. Sheesh! Hopefully, they just didn't realize what they were doing.
How nice that you were gifted free coffee twice!
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:34 AM   #908
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, Kathy, two times in a row, you are lucky!! But I know of lots of times you have said you paid for others!! It now is coming back to you!!

A honey do list!! As if that would help!! I have had a list for him for the past 10 years and none of it is done!! The kids and I have a saying, "its done enough"!

This is not our saying, we refer to my DH as he is the one saying it!

I really hope he gets a little motivation now! So many things have been left not finished!
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:01 PM   #909
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey everyone, lets wish a happy birthday to Karen aka Redbugdriver!

Her birthday was yesterday!!

Just waiting for Pat's new address to send out the new list.
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:42 PM   #910
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy birthday, Karen!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:13 PM   #911
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday to you , Karen!!!

Old 04-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #912
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m slowly working my way through commenting on the alphabet cards!

Old 04-24-2020, 03:58 PM   #913
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm back, what a long day! We needed to go to Trader Joe's (a small grocery store with novelty items, I'm not sure how widespread they are) because they have dried mandarins that are so tasty, it is like eating candy but it is dried fruit. DD2 became aware of them when she was house sitting for our friends. That is the only store where we had to stand in line to get in but, since everyone loves those mandarins, I wanted to get more. You can bet I bought a LOT so i won't have to go back soon.

I couldn't find any tp anywhere today. My usual places were completely out. We aren't quite completely out but getting close, we might have to use that stinky stuff in the garage which will give me a headache.

Thank you to those who have been leaving love in my gallery.

Ooh, a pretty purple ankle, Gracie, I hope it heals quickly!

Oh wow, his retirement is almost here, Ann. I still think you should send him to the store with a list of unusual items and turn your phone off! I hope he surprises you and gets into doing projects once he retires.

Hope Athena is doing better now.

Yay, Kathy, so glad another person paid for your coffee, that is fabulous. DD2 and I got coffee in town today and I tried to very pleasantly chat with the servers because DD1 said that people are becoming less kind around here. I was hoping we would be a bright spot in their day.

Happy birthday, Karen! I hope your day was fantastic!
Old 04-24-2020, 04:08 PM   #914
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just sent out the updated Alpha list. Please let me know if there are any errors, as in the middle of it the grandkids were chiming in!
mcschmidty, jan31, cdimick and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:22 PM   #915
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Ann!

Happy Birthday Karen! Hope you had a great day.
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:05 PM   #916
Proud Fan Club Member

Kelly Acheson is doing the tutorial this week I think. I haven't found the tutorial yet, but she mentioned it on her youtube channel.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 04-24-2020, 07:31 PM   #917
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you, Ann!
Old 04-24-2020, 08:18 PM   #918
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday Karen. I hope you had a nice day.

Ann, I received the list, thank you. I learnt yesterday that our mail overseas is now going via ship so some of you may not get your cards on time even though I’ve sent all cards up until July...well to people I know lol.

It’s Anzac Day and we got up early, burnt our candle and stood at our gate playing The Last Post. Was so moving. Then we went back to bed. Catherine, I usually have Anzac biccies in my biccies barrel but only ginger nuts and choccie ones at present. I love Anzac biccies s and dip them in my coffee. Very crunchy. 

Kathy, how wonderful that two people bought you a coffee. People are so kind. 

Gracie, hope the ankle is improving. My foot has decided not to cooperate. We shall have to sit together with our feet up and craft lol.

Ann...only a few more days now. Exciting time for you and your hubby. Make him a list lol.

Happy weekend to you all. Group hugs..time to get out of this nightie lol
Old 04-24-2020, 09:15 PM   #919
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Time to say goodnight!!

Sweet dreams everyone!!

Hugs to all!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:51 AM   #920
Gallery Gazer

Ann,Thank you for the list,

Happy belated Birthday Karen.

Gracie I’m sorry to hear you are now multi coloured, it’s when it’s goes yellow I think it looks horrible but usually that’s when it’s healing.

They are saying in the news in England that the tests aren’t 100%, I think they said some people only get small dose so it may not show, someone said that a blood test is the best way to test if you’ve had it! same as the other test, they are saying they can test you one day and you are clear but a couple of days later you could show positive! I think that’s why they’ve only tested people who have symptoms, why waste precious tests, Now some are getting it twice, who knows the truth really.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.