Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2020, 09:21 AM   #721
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Already 11, but I have been busy. DH went to Walmart at 7a.m. , first time in a couple of weeks. He was there before they open and and maybe two other people there. He was able to get everything on my list and only forgot the cool whip, which we can live without. So when he came home I wiped everything down with disinfectant. Then my wrist stretches, breakfast. Then I finished a two page heritage layout. I am still not dressed!
Kandie, I forgot to tell you how much I like your porch and patio! I would love to sit out there on a pretty day. Love all the white wicker!
And Kandie, love the funny!

Gracie, it is so nice to hear that Sadie is on meds and doing better.

Catherine, & Jan, DH brought me three boxes of tea home today, English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast and Earl Grey, which I am having now. I do like specialty coffees occasionally, it only out , like when we were in Bar Harbor, or NYC, when we cruised. Or, our son in law makes great specialty coffees. He has syrups and things, and some kind of special machine.
Oh, and great Waterfall photos, Catherine!

Hi Jayne, Shelly, Ann, Kathy, Melody, and anyone I missed!
Have a great day! I think I will get dressed and go walking. It is in the 60s already!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:41 AM   #722
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening all.

Back from the gardenwork for today.

I need my coffee every day. We have a Padmachine, we buy little pillows/pads with ground coffee to put in the machine. I collect the used Pads, dry them, rip the filter paper and use it as Fertilizer for my Geraniums, Tomatoes and Cucumbers. It is a good fertilizer and loosens the soil.

I use it also as Snale defense, if it's dry the snails don't like it.

My Garden has Flowers, I grow vegetables like Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers, Radishes, Salad, Garlic and Onions. My DH takes care of the apple trees, pear trees, nectarines, blueberries, currants, raspberries, Grapes and Appleberries.

Kandie pretty porch and patio.

Hi to all I missed, have a great day.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:58 AM   #723
Proud Fan Club Member

I have a stiff neck. Probably the way I slept on it last night. I burned trash and cleaned a little. I have to start my lists again. I get mor stone that way.
We are having long john silvers for supper. DH had to work today, so its on his way home. I'm getting enough so we can give to mom and dad too.

We have an extra TV in the bedroom, so we are going to.,...put it in the bathroom! LOL. DH says he wishes we would have done it before his colonoscopy! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:21 AM   #724
Gallery Gazer

Kathy I can imagine what your DH means, our DIL had to have that last year!

Ok what are along John. Silvers, id guess fish but I’ve never heard of them.
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:27 AM   #725
Gallery Gazer

Dagmar your garden sounds lovely, all that fruit and vegetables, we have lemon, lime, orange, kumquat and pink grapefruit trees, Steve has planted two types of gooseberry plants a red currant and a white currant and he’s got some tomatoe seedlings growing in his raised veg plot, it’s not very big though.
When we can go to a garden centre he is going to put in strawberry plants for ground cover, he has to cover the soil with tiles else the cats poop all over, sorry I don’t likes cats for that reason, a lady down the road feeds strays!! Steve has the water pistol our GSs left, that soon clears them off if he sees them.
It’s quite funny though as one Cat sunbathes on our arbor roof and just looks at him In Disgust, then Steve gets the water pistol and he jumps over into an empty garden, ha,ha,
Old 04-20-2020, 11:02 AM   #726
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, Long John Silvers is a chain of fast food restaurants over here. I have. Eaten at them for dozens of years. I think they all closed here..

Dagmar’s garden sounds great, but, Jan I would love to have lemons, and oranges! Wow!
Old 04-20-2020, 11:52 AM   #727
Proud Fan Club Member

Long John Silvers is specifically a fish and chips fast food chain. They are open here for drive thru only.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:59 AM   #728
Gallery Gazer

Kathy that’s so funny, I thought you called some kind of fish Long John Silvers, LOL
Well it is a fish and chip shop!

Sharon I wish I could send you some fruit, our lemon tree is covered, we can’t use them quick enough, there are so many grapefruits too, I give them to my neighbour usually but with the lockdown we aren’t allow to go near each other, yesterday I took a dozen and rolled them under their gate, they shouted to me this morning to say thank you, Carole said it looked like I’d been bowling with them!
AnnetteMac, smadson, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:03 PM   #729
Gallery Gazer

I’ve been sorting out half finished cards this afternoon, also some decoupage pieces for cards so I’ve been fussy cutting them tonight.

We’ve been watching Poirot, the old films with Peter Ustinoff, not sure how you spell it, they are so old they had David Niven, James Mason, Maggie Smith and loads of stars that are no longer around but I enjoyed them.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:16 PM   #730
Proud Fan Club Member

I think I'm going to reinkers all of my ink pads! Bored to death today! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:21 PM   #731
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! A late check in from me today. Wow, lots of chatter.

Jayne, I hope your shopping excursion was successful. We still have some things that are hard to find.

Your poor grandson, Jan. That is a big disappointment for someone so young.

Kandie, my oldest just last December committed to being vegan and she tells me which drinks at Starbucks she likes with which milk substitute. Some she prefers with soy, some with coconut, some with almond. Its a good thing she finally became vegan as her system doesn't agree with a fair amount of dairy. Some doesn't bother her but most did, it was a decision she had to come to on her own though.

Love the pillow...except those people on TV and in the movies often wake up looking perfect! lol

You have been very productive, Sharon! I hope you had a good walk.

I love garden fresh tomatoes, Dagmar, they have the best flavor. I used to grow basil right with my tomatoes and it seemed to protect them from some of the bugs, also geraniums. What a wonderful bunch of veggies you are growing and wonderful fruit trees too. Sounds fabulous!

A TV in the bathroom, Kathy? I have seen some houses that have a bathroom TV built right into their bathroom mirror.

Tree fresh citrus is fabulous too, Jan, yum! And what a wonderful gift for your neighbors! I have some lemons in my kitchen that I need to juice and freeze in the ice cube trays so I can have fresh lemons later.

My youngest daughter has a cat that wouldn't trouble you because we don't let her go outside!

I love to watch Poirot, though my favorite Poirot actor is David Suchet.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:56 PM   #732
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Even a later check in for me!!

Afternoon everyone!

Was up twice last night to use the restroom! Sure destroys my sleep pattern! So I fell back to sleep this morning about 9 A.M.! So weird!

Jan, wow, that is so sad that you missed the birthday party this year. Wish you lived closer with all that yummy fruit!! You are making me hungry!

Dairy is the devil for me!! It's only gotten worse over the years. Used to be just stomach issues, now it is full blown headaches, throat clogging, sneezing, you would think I had a bad cold. Now I keep benadryl near me all the time!
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:56 PM   #733
Gallery Gazer

Catherine I prefer David Suchet but Steve recorded them As there’s not much to watch lately, same old rubbish,

Kathy I had a day last week when I was restless but the weather wasn’t good, today we opened the blinds and the sun was shining, we were both energised, cheered us up so much, we sat in the garden this afternoon listening to padcasts, I’d would still love to get outfox a walk but being Seniors I think we will be the last ones let out of captivity, LOL

I do sometimes worry how long it will be before they let us out of lockdown, a friend of ours in England told me her husband retired the day before lockdown , he said it wasn’t quite how he planned to spend his retirement, good job he has a sense of humour
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:08 PM   #734
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all! All this talk about fresh fruit and vegetables is making me hungry! I finally got the dog finished and it will be picked up shortly. I will leave it on the doorknob outside. There is currently only 1 case in the area surrounding where I live. The next nearest is about 2 hours from here. The weather is finally starting to improve and we will take the dog for a walk when DH is done teaching for the day. I'll go take pictures of the dachshund and be back.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:21 PM   #735
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is my latest creation. He is pretty much life size. The person who ordered it figures they can put the dog's collar on it. She ordered it for a friend who had to have her old dachshund put down.

My Gallery

Last edited by AnnetteMac; 04-20-2020 at 02:08 PM..
mcschmidty, lacyquilter, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:13 PM   #736
Proud Fan Club Member

Annette, that is so sweet! You are so talented!
AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:33 PM   #737
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Annette, that is so darn cute!!

I am doing laundry and looking up genealogy! Kathy's family is very intriguing! Can't seem to get them out of my head!
AnnetteMac, smadson, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:39 PM   #738
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Such a cute crocheted dog, Annette, well done! What a sweet tribute for their friend.

Ann, gastrointestinal issues are what DD1 has with some, but not all, dairy. I'm just glad she chose to be vegan. I have thought she should for a while now but that isn't something I could choose for her.

I hear you, Jan, on the not much to watch part. We are still watching a few new episodes of shows we like but they are almost out of new episodes. Fortunately, we have Amazon prime though I'm not sure how much is on there that I want to watch. I have enjoyed re-watching some older TV shows via Amazon prime.

There is quite the fashion shoot going on out on my deck. DD1 loves to dress up and have her photo taken, DD2 loves to take photos. It sounds like DD2 is giving DD1 an occasion to dress for - job interview, pajama party, attending a renaissance fair, garden party, etc - and then DD1 will pull together an outfit and they go out to the deck to take photos. I told DD2 I think she needs to do a slide show so I can see the results of the shoot.

I just uploaded my C cards so now I can get caught up on commenting on all the beautiful C cards you have posted. I'm afraid to see how many cards I'm behind on!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:48 PM   #739
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Good afternoon- and an early check-in for me : ) I am not usually here until ...when I should be in bed!

Kandie- love your patio- so pretty. And, love your kids craft idea too- will send to my nephew for his son!

Sorry- I did see on the list my B-day is incorrect, did not notice it B4. I have missed a few myself from the list.... I am so bad about mailing out cards! I best get my tail in gear!

Catherine, my daughter, like yours, is Vegan. She is also the one that works (very) part time at Starbucks. Believe it or not, I am not fond of coffee! I love tea : )

Jan- welcome- I am pretty new here as well.

Ann- I am also allergic to dairy- sinus reaction, and it makes me has spasms in my stomach and beyond....it is interesting, I can tolerate butter.... I cannot have eggs either, but eat things with egg cooked in them (like cakes), also no Soy, pork or sweet potatos. I have a list a mile long with foods I am supposed to do challenges with to see how I react. The allergies trigger asthma attacks, so I really have to behave!

Oh Annette- that dog is adorable!!! How cool is that!!!

Sharon- I am still not so excited about going shopping.... ! Glad your hubby is good to go : ) My hubby will buy everything generic unless I put brand names on the list...

Dagmar and Jan- what gardens you have!!! Ours used to be larger, but now only tomatos....and hubby has vetoed any fruit trees- he thinks they are too messy for a city/subdivision yard. Yours sound wonderful!

Kathy- I want to spell your name with a C!!! Please tell me why hubby wants a TV in the bathroom? Does he spend alot of time in that room??? That is too funny! I do not think we have a Long John Silver close to here, I used to go with my parents in Ky- they loved eating there!

Jayne- glad you got out to shop and were able to catch up with the kids.

We went out to a Forest Preserve yesterday, I wore a mask- mostly thinking it may help a bit with allergies- and it was great. There were quite a few people there, but it is wide open and larger, so it was fine. I took my medium camera lens and took pictures of birds while we were walking. I saw a small furball in a tree, so prodded it- looked like a little dead bird all rolled up- it was a red bat!!! Yikes!

On the branch, it only looked 2-3 inches (5-7.5 cm) and when I prodded it it opened up a bit. Scared the heck out of me!

So, DD2 has decided she is too unhappy being the only one sheltering in place in her friend group, and the lab at the Univ is closed so she cannot work on her research, so she packed and hopped in the car this Am and is heading home. I will enjoy that, very much : ) Her 27th Birthday is tomorrow, and she is a vegetarian who eats very little sweet stuff, so not sure what we will do about her Birthday, but we will celebrate somehow!

Waving hello to all- and have a great rest of your day!

Shelly
AnnetteMac, jan31, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:29 PM   #740
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

High winds are starting in our area and thunderstorms! So signing off!

Stay safe evernone!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac and Kemernow like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:51 PM   #741
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, the TV in the bathroom was actually my idea. We have a spare TV setting in the bedroom taking up room and not being used. I figured it would be nice to have it in there for when I'm cleaning or they can have it on when they are in there longer than usual. DH says he will be needing a padded toilet seat now! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:04 PM   #742
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Whew! I just caught on commenting on alphabet cards. You all have been creating up a storm!

Kathy, I hope you have more than one bathroom in your house! He might get too comfortable in there!

Shelly, I like coffee and tea both. However, I do not like all coffee. For instance, we have two kinds of Starbucks coffee at our house for using with the French press. One is Verandah (which I like) the other is blond espresso (which I don't care for but DD1 likes). At Starbucks, she doesn't French press coffee so this morning I showed her how to do it so she can make blond espresso for herself.

No sweet potatoes? That would be a bummer for me, I love them!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:20 PM   #743
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all, I crafted with my sister in Wisconsin on Messenger Video today. It was nice to be able to chat and make a few cards. We've both been in a bit of a funk lately. Both of us talk to our mom every day and feel bad that she is alone, even though our brother does visit her every week. I sure wonder when this isolation will all end, but I definitely agree with it and understand why we must stay quarantined, unlike so many of the protesters.

Annette that little dachshund is adorable. My neighbor has a darling little dachshund! She's had 4 over the years. She loves that breed of dog.

Way to go Kathy, reinking your inkpads! Good time to do it.

I like many of you am lactose intolerant and have a touchy stomach. However, I love ice cream so I eat a lot of frozen yogurt.

Catherine, what fun for your daughters with one dressing up and the other taking pictures! I hope DD2 makes a slide show for you.

Ann, I hope the thunderstorms weren't too severe. When I talked to my mom, she said they were having storms too in Eau Claire area.

Shelly, how nice you were able to get out and enjoy the Forest Preserve! It will be nice to have your daughter home for her birthday! No sweets...oh my, I couldn't survive without my chocolates! LOL

Hi Jan, how sweet of you to roll grapefruit under the fence for the neighbors! Wonderful that you have those fruit trees. I could use some lemons! I'm not into gardening, but I do love fresh vegetables and fruits.

Dagmar, that is wonderful that you have a garden and can use the coffee grounds for your vegetables.

Hi Sharon, Kandie, Sis and everyone that I've missed. I'm forgetting what I've read...so much chat!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #744
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gracie, DD1 used to eat frozen yogurt when she wanted a cold treat, it didn't usually cause her any problems. However, there are actually a lot of vegan ice cream options now made with a variety of things - almond milk, coconut milk, etc. DD1 prefers the coconut milk based ones.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:41 PM   #745
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the frozen treat suggestions Catherine!
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:04 PM   #746
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone. Love yesterday's funny Kandie. Are you enjoying sitting out on your beautiful porch? If I end up with another home, I would love a porch like that.

Dagmar, wow you sound as though you have a big garden. I love to wander around gardens and used to enjoy gardening but 15 years ago we decided we didn't want a big garden. Now I am glad. Our neighbour has a huge olive tree that hangs over our property and the birds make such a mess with it. We get lots of free lemons and fruit from friends who grow fruit here. You need lots of lemons if you like G&Ts
Great to be able to use the filter from your coffee as fertiliser.

Gracie, how lovely to craft with your sister. I have been in a craft flunk for a couple of days...maybe later today. We shall see how I go as I have chores to do although it's not as though someone is coming to visit Did you mum like her pillow? How is Sadie going?

Shelly and Catherine, the shopping did go well thanks. We didn't see the kids...just via FaceTime LOL. We do seem to see more of them that way than before.

Wow a tv in the bathroom...not heard of that one. Our bathroom is open to our bedroom and the loo/powder room separate. We had heaps of sockets installed for a TV years ago and then covered them up with a mirror. We always said as we got older we would have a tv in the bedroom but then changed our mind. We only have one TV in our house although at times I have though it would be nice to have a 2nd one but we wouldn't use it. We don't even use half of the rooms we have LOL. It was different when the kids lived with us.

Jan I love Poirot movies. We have so many shows recorded and to watch on Netflix and our cable channel that we can't keep up. We are currently watching a series that has 7 series and 22 episodes per series. We are only on the 2nd series. We only watch something in the evening so it's slow going. I would binge watch a show but DH isn't interested. We watch 2 at the most and then bed. I do look forward to it every evening. So lovely to give you neighbours a fruit treat. I follow a site on Kindness on FB and lots of people are saying they are leaving their neighbours something on their doorstep. We do see our neighbours and wave or have a quick chat over the fence LOL.

Sharon, I would love to be able to go for a long walk at present. My foot is still sore and after shopping the other day it's been worse so I now have it strapped. When we went for our flu shots yesterday, the nurse said even if it's broken they would only strap it and I must just rest it. 

Annette you are so talented. Shelly, I hope that your DD has a great birthday, albeit in strange times. It was our DIL2's birthday yesterday and it's the first time we haven't caught up.

I've now forgotten the rest of the chat. Hi to anyone that I have missed.
 I have to get off here and do something I did manage to catch up with the alpha cards yesterday but still have some VSN ones to check out. Lots of time but never enough right now if that makes sense. Have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-20-2020 at 10:20 PM..
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:40 PM   #747
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You are welcome, Gracie, of course, if frozen yogurt doesn't bother your stomach, I think I'd stick with that. It is probably more readily available. However, if you want to try some of the others, DD1 really likes the SoDelicious brand.

Ouch about your toe, Jayne. Yes, rest is a good thing. Glad your shopping trip went well. We are also a 1 TV home. The girls have asked, in the past, about having a TV in their room and I told them their parents don't a TV in our room, why would we put a TV in theirs?! What series are you watching?
Old 04-20-2020, 11:27 PM   #748
Gallery Gazer

I wish you all lived near enough to roll lemons under your gates and I have enough jars of marmalade to give you all too, we have it on yoghurt and toast, kumquat and orange and pink grapefruit and orange, I discovered that by juicing the grapefruits it tastes better as the pith is very bitter and can sometimes leave an after taste, I’ve run out of jars so I can’t make any more!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:30 PM   #749
Gallery Gazer

We are having Spaghetti Vongole tonight but we like a little baguette to mop up the juices, I might go over to the shops and do a shop so I can bring a baguette back!
I remember the days when I could just walk across the road to collect one item, now it’s a half an hour line just to get in the door!
At least we have the sun!
Old 04-21-2020, 02:05 AM   #750
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, Sounds yummy. I made salmon al fredo with white wine last night. We’ve got a huge butternut pumpkin so will think about what I can make with that. Maybe I will just prepare some soup for lunch tomorrow. I’ve got a craving for fish and chips after all the talk about what Kathy was having lol. Otherwise something with chicken. Tomorrow I’m doing a slow cooker beef casserole. Now I’m definitely hungry..time to raid the snack cupboard.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:21 AM   #751
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!

Last edited by gutsport56; 04-21-2020 at 02:52 AM..
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:58 AM   #752
Gallery Gazer

Jayne, Steve chops butternut squash up and roasts it with other veg to have with meat or fish, I love Butternut Squash soup, my favourite,
Old 04-21-2020, 04:37 AM   #753
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning Dagmar, hope you are going ok? How much longer will Germany be in lockdown? Our Government is allowing elective surgery from next week and saying 3 more weeks provided we keep flattening the curve.

Jan, I roast it too with veggies. I made a yummy pumpkin soup and we just had that with crusty rolls and then dessert. Not the healthiest meal but was yummy. I still have half a pumpkin left.

Happy day ladies. I’m signing off now as it’s show time..whoohoo
Old 04-21-2020, 05:37 AM   #754
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Holy cow, I have two pages of notes made from all the chatter!

Jan, I watched a news report about Spain last evening. I believe I heard Spain was coming up quick to have as many Covid-19 cases as the US. Did I hear right?

Sharon, DH is finding more and more groceries are available when he shops now, and sometimes Kleenex and paper towels, but still no toilet paper! And I adore Earl Grey tea.

Catherine, you are so blessed to have family walks that offer such gorgeous scenery! Love the waterfall photos and the pic of your dear daughters.

Oh Dagmar, your description of all the flowers, vegetables and fruit trees had my imagination working overtime with colorful visions! I collect photos of gorgeous lush gardens and save them on my Pinterest board, and when I tire of one background or wallpaper on my iPad, I go to that board and choose a different one.

Kathy, how is that stiff neck today? Better, I hope!

Jan, I LOVE Poirot!!!! As Catherine said, David Suchet is my favorite, and I have binge-watched every single episode, but I love the Peter Ustinov ones as well, and get a huge kick comparing how the two actors play their roles.

Ann, aha on the throat clogging and constant swallowing. That has been driving me crazy lately and I can’t sleep, have to get up and eat crackers to try to clear my throat. I did buy some Mucinex and it helps, but I never thought of the cottage cheese I have been eating every evening with my supper. My DSis has the same problem. She told me yesterday to drink tea, that it would dilute the stuff. I don’t even like to use the word mucus, it’s disgusting. Glad to hear I’m not alone, though.

Annette, that crocheted dachshund is ADORABLE! What a lovely gift for someone who has lost a beloved pet!

Shelly, happy belated birthday! I am so behind on mailing cards! And that bat photo is terrific!

Ann, my DH says to tell you thanks for nothing for sending us the heavy winds and rain storms last night, lol.

Hi, Gracie!

Jayne, oddly enough, we have been watching several Australian detective shows on tv, and lots of British ones as well, because local tv is lousy as usual. We only have a few shows we like to watch in the evening, and then we fill in with series (until one runs out and I have to search again), I have Netflix (which has been terrible), Amazon Prime with Acorn Tv, and Hulu. We just get bummed when we find a show we like and watch all the episodes, and then suddenly it’s finished.

TV in the bathroom? DH would like that for when he soaks in the tub and has the jets on to soothe his sore muscles. We have a TV in the bedroom but Dusty doesn’t like it on, TV in the living room, one in the little bedroom I call my makeup room, one in the craft room so I can watch shows DH doesn’t care for, and one in the basement.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:40 AM   #755
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, stores up to 800 square meters may reopen since Monday with strict rules.

Hairdressers are allowed to reopen under strict conditions Monday 4. of May 2020.

Some students, grades 10 - 13, returned to school, under strict precautions. Security distances in the classrooms, thorough hand washing and so on.

Annette the dachshund is adorable.

I love Poirot movies, we can watch them on Wednesday evening each week.

Ann, I hope the thunderstorms are not to severe.

Here is a picture from one of my Climbing roses from 2019.

Old 04-21-2020, 05:53 AM   #756
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, I finally called my doctor and left a message for maybe a stronger antidepressant because I am having nerve problems and the psoriasis is attacking every part of my body now from stress. The nurse said doctor was working from home and she would schedule something called a vidmed with me that afternoon. It’s a program that allows medical personnel to have a video chat with patients so as not to be exposed to any illnesses. So she sent me a text with a link, I clicked on the link, a box asked if I would accept a video link, I said yes, and the next thing I knew, there was my doctor in her house, talking with me. So cool. I explained all the situations going on, my DB’s accident, my DSis’s health issues, my stepmom calling with anxieties, both DD’s calling with anxieties (real and imagined), and turned my phone camera so she could see all the flare ups, and she ordered an anxiety med with something in it that stops itching, because when the stress gets bad, I itch all over, even my head, and it drives me crazy.

It was funny, though, to get the hang of the phone camera, because when I was trying to show her how bad my legs are, I could hear her say “there’s a chair, aha there’s your leg, oh, what a cute dog!” Dusty kept photo-bombing my video chat, lol.

Old 04-21-2020, 05:58 AM   #757
Proud Fan Club Member

Dear brother, it seems, was test-driving a dirt bike on a side road to get the hang of it before he rode it in the rally that was going on, and he hit a rock and lost control of the bike. He lay on the road for about 20 minutes before someone found him, because he did not have his phone with him. Broke his wrist and two bones above the wrist, and his ankle and the bone below the knee. His wife is having fits because she can’t visit him in the hospital. He’s had both surgeries now and is reported as doing as well as can be expected. Thank you, and my stepmom also thanks you, for including him in your prayers.

Old 04-21-2020, 06:00 AM   #758
Proud Fan Club Member

Dagmar, your roses are gorgeous!!!!!

Old 04-21-2020, 06:15 AM   #759
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Dagmar those roses are gorgeous.

Kandie, we have had our Dr call us twice for a consultation. One to give DH his Annual test results and the other was to check what scripts we needed and to get a script for our flu shots. So easy.

Gosh your brother is in the wars. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Catherine, you asked what shows we are watching. Tonight we watched Outlander. On Netflix we are watching Blacklist and loving it. We also like Ozarks and there’s a show that everyone is raving about called Tiger King. I believe it’s very violent and a true story..not sure. We have Handmaids Tale..the latest series to watch too. We line them up plus movies lol.

Well time I signed out again....I thought I’d have a quick check in. Bye for now. I’m going to read my book for half an hour then sleep.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:37 AM   #760
Gallery Gazer

Kandie, I don’t think the report that we have as many cases as the USA is true, our cases are dropping and deaths too, according to the news here ours are half at 20,000, we had thirty cases in the Mazarrón area and 3 deaths,

I’ve been shopping, stresses me so much, when I get home I’m scared to touch anything even though I’ve wiped everything, thrown out the packaging, cleaned all the floors! Although I sort everything outside in the utility room, I still worry if I touched something.
I even clean the bags as they are freezer type bags, then Steve touched the bag so I made him go inside and wash his hands, I feel exhausted, LOL

I hate wearing a mask as I can’t breathe, I said to the girl on the checkout That it’s hard to breathe and she said yes it’s very difficult wearing them. They are only young girls, I feel for them but everyone is very polite and careful. The residents are hoping to have a collection after this is finished to give the staff as a big thank you.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.