Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-15-2020, 06:52 PM   #601
Proud Fan Club Member

First the woman did it, got sentenced. Then she says her brother did it. Last I read her mother did it! That's what I call a real whodunnit.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-15-2020, 07:39 PM   #602
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, JUST TRACED THE FAMILY BACK TO THE DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUCTION!!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:03 PM   #603
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow Ann..you are amazing and how wonderful to be finding all of these stories. Ann, DH says definitely not urgent...just when you have some time and nothing else to do lol.....but when you eventually get to it he says would you like a link to his tree in ancestry?  I think you two would get on so well.    

Gracie, so sorry that they don’t know what is wrong with Sadie. I hope she’s ok today.

Hope everyone is going ok. We are still hobbling around and I have a lovely bruise on top of my foot. All from walking into a door frame lol. I don’t think anything is broken. No exercise yet though.

When do you ladies want the next craft get together? Your Friday evening my Saturday morning or Sunday sometime or next week? How will we do it?

Time for me to finally get out of my nightie lol. Have fun.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:10 PM   #604
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Jayne, yes tell him to send me his link to his tree! Can't wait!

Sharon's family is taking me back to the early 1800's! So fun to see the different records!

I have not heard from Victoria lately. She has not wanted to do anything lately but sleep due to her eyes being so sore and headaches.

Well night all!! Eyes are tired. LOL!
Old 04-15-2020, 08:23 PM   #605
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Will do. He loves sharing the info.

Thanks for the update on Vicki. I so wish she would come on and chat with us. Sad.

Sleep well.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:27 PM   #606
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Goodnight Ann!

Hi Jayne, sorry to hear about your foot! I wouldn't be able to do Friday as we have to take Sadie to the Vet which is an hour and a half drive one way. She's sleeping as she's had a pain shot. We have pain meds to give her until Friday. I sure hope it's not a tumor. I think I'll have another glass of wine so I sleep tonight!
Old 04-16-2020, 03:11 AM   #607
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie, I’m sure we can do it another day that suits everyone. I don’t know about everyone else but I’m going nowhere but I am busy Saturday evening lol...indoors.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:17 AM   #608
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann! I can’t believe how far you have gone on Mom’s Dad’s family. She always wanted to know about his family. I just can’t thank you enough for all the information.

Jayne, are you on pain pills for your foot? I hope it is better.
Gracie, I hope they can help Sadie.

Oh, good morning everyone!
Old 04-16-2020, 06:50 AM   #609
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies and ladies.

Oh Kathy, DH and I LOVED that video! He really likes Big & Rich and he said, that song’s going all the way to Number 1!

Anne, now excavating is needed. Oh for Pete’s Sake!

Catherine, 4” of snow expected today! And tomorrow and next week, in the 50s and 60s! I feel for you with all the pollen! And that funny was great, all is well in the kingdom, lol.

Shelly, I wear jeans every day and when they start getting a bit snug, I eat less. Not all the time do I do that, you understand, lol.

Gracie, I’m so sorry Sadie is still not well. We worry about our fur children all the time. I do hope the problem is something that can be resolved easily.

Ladies, Ann worked tirelessly on trying to find info on my dad, and she came up as blank as I did. Which, since, Ann, you are a PRO at research, convinces me that Dad is either a ghost or was in the witness protection program, lol.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:12 AM   #610
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I'm sorry I haven't been here for a bit. I have tried to spend as much time with DH as possible since this was supposed to be our vacation time during our spring break.
Great videos, Kathy. Wow eight dear! That's quite the murder mystery.
Sharon, I can't wait to hear what your theme will be!

Gracie, I'm sorry that poor Sadie is still not well. Congrats on your win as well.
Jayne, anytime works for me for facetime with you all. You have my phone number if you wish to add me to whatsapp, feel free. Sorry about your foot.
Anne, I hope they figure out your garage issues soon.
Ann, you are quite the detective! I really don't know how you have enough hours in the day.
Kandie, that comment about witness protection made me laugh out loud! That sounds like and even bigger mystery than Kathy's. Oh the stories one could conjure up!
Catherine, I'm glad you could get in to the chiropractor.
Today will be spent doing laundry and tidying my craft room. I also have to make my "C" card. If any of you wish to connect on facebook or whatsapp, pm me and I will send you the info.

My Gallery
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:22 AM   #611
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I know what I’m doing for my C card.

Sharon, no pills. I stubbed it on the laundry doorframe. I stubbed 3 toes. No idea how I did it. Clumsy is my name lol. It’s black on top of the foot around the small toe. I can walk ok now but it hurts on top when I do certain movements. It will be ok with rest.
Happy day everyone.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:24 AM   #612
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Well Kandie, they are always adding records, maybe I'll find something soon!

Sharon's family has a wealth of information out there! Nice to be able to find such great record keeping! Still hard sometimes as the people doing the census really mess up the spelling on names or their writting is horrible.

Athena is barfing again this morning, and of course all over the clean rug I just laid down by the front door last night! It just figures! Could be worse, could have been on the new rugs I just got for the kitchen! LOL! Little things not to worry about, wash machine is running!

Annette, so glad you are enjoying your staycation!

Ok off to get some housework done!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:18 AM   #613
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies.

I can only imagine the difficulties in trying to find information of years past. People changed their names for various reasons... usually trying to hide from the law or family, etc. My dad changed the spelling on our last name (Conjurske) because he didn't want to be classed as polish, so he changed the i to an e. I'm sure there was nothing legal about it. He just did it. His sister (next oldest) changed her last name to Conley. The story was that she had worked and saved money to get a new coat. Her dad made her take it back and give him the money. When she left home, she wanted nothing to do with the family, so I never met her. Now days, you have to provide so much documentation for everything, it's harder to do stuff like that. I know my sister ran into roadblocks when researching. Sometimes a fire had destroyed all the records. A lot of records were only kept in family Bibles, never on public record, etc. I can only admire you ladies for your perseverance in searching.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 04-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #614
You know I love RED

We did our genealogy years ago, but I wish we had done it sooner when my grandmother was alive. I'm sure she could have helped us immensely! My Dad's family were born in Sweden, and that's so tough.........they changed names in every generation. We could only get back to 1710. Mom's family to 400 A.D. Lots of books written about them.

In the hot tub this AM, DH and I decided to go for a walk after lunch. Yeah, right. He's watching a movie, and you know that can't be disturbed!

I'll cook that pork tenderloin for dinner tonight, and the peach upside-down cake with a scoop of ice cream will make a nice dessert. Thinking about making a loaf of pumpkin bread with raisins over the weekend. Snacks and desserts don't last long.

Have a great day all.

Hugs,
Anne

Sorry about those stubbed toes, and dogs not feeling so well.
REDdiva
CC Guest Designer,
CCEE Challenge Team
Proud Fan Club Member
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:48 AM   #615
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning for most, I think. Goodnight to Jayne.

Good to hear from you Annette. I'm going to try to make my C card today, also.

Kandie, that was funny about your Dad being in the witness protection program. Maybe he was a CIA agent??? Oh no...more snow! Well, that should knock down the pollen at least

Ann, how amazing that you can do all that genealogy research. It sounds so overwhelming to me. My ADHD would never allow me to get too far I'm sure! LOL Sorry about Athena, poor girl. Jenny threw up the grass by our door! Silly dog!

Hello Melody, Anne, Kathy, Catherine, Shelly, Sharon, Shirl and anyone else around! A big HELLO and HUGS to Sis Victoria too. So sorry to hear that she's still suffering with the headaches and eye problems.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:11 AM   #616
Proud Fan Club Member

Made a Walmart run this morning. Mom needed a prescription so I got her shopping and mine done too. Came home and threw my clothes in the washer and took a shower!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 04-16-2020, 11:18 AM   #617
Proud Fan Club Member

I’ve just finished my WT card, and then I thought, I should have put a bee on it, then I would have my BZ card done. I haven’t even done my A yet, for Pete’s sake. Gotta get moving, girl.

We are both a bit short-tempered here lately. DH asked if I needed anything from the store, after he’d just gone the day before. And he left the seat up and the medicine cabinet door open, which set me off. I apologized this morning. Good thing he’s so understanding. I am breaking out everywhere with the psoriasis, even my ear lobe, which throbbed all evening.

No deposit here yet, but I see several of you have received yours! YAY!

Old 04-16-2020, 11:19 AM   #618
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is tree felling day here. There are three trees between our neighbor's house and ours - surrounded by wires on both sides - and the neighbor and my DH wanted those trees gone. But, because of the wires, they didn't want to fell them themselves. Thankfully, we have a friend who does that work so he and a friend are out cutting them down now. Our neighbor was quite happy because our friend's price for the work was better than any quote he had gotten. In fact, he liked his price so much, he is paying him to take some trees down on the other side of his house. We are splitting the cost (and the wood) for the three trees between us. It is wonderful to have good neighbors.

Sharon, I'm glad your heat is restored. Here you wouldn't need it! We were able to heat all "winter" long with just our wood stove with free wood that DH collected and split. What a blessing!

Uh-oh to getting grumpy with your DH, Sharon! But I understand it, I think this is getting on everyone's nerves.

I'm so sorry about Sadie, Gracie. Poor dear, she looked so sweet on the FaceTime screen.

Ann, I'm not sure when the murder happened but I would guess it was before all these CSI and NCIS shows were on. Indeed, the hole from a butcher knife versus a pocket knife would be different in size!

Fascinating stuff, Kathy!

Wow, Ann, you are having a great time doing your genealogy research. What a great find to trace Sharon's family back to the Daughters of the American Revolution.

Jayne, I hope your toe is just bruised and not broken, though neither of those things would be the best option. I will have to clean off the top part of my desk (a little shelf up from the desk top) so that next time we FaceTime (or whatever), I can actually craft and chat....ha!

Thanks for the update on Vickster, it makes me sad though!

Goodness, Kandie, 4" of snow today?! What yo-yo weather you are having. As for your dad, since I'm sure he wasn't a ghost, he must have been in witness protection! I'm going with that story.

Hi Annette, glad to "see" you. Does this mean your DH is back to work now? I still have to make my C card as well so I'm not commenting on anyone's C cards just yet.

Oh no to Athena barfing, Ann. And of course it would be the freshly cleaned rugs.

Some interesting stories in your family history, Melody. There probably are in all of our families. I can't imagine cutting myself off from my family though.

Yum to pumpkin bread, sounds so tasty, Anne. I made peanut butter cookies last night.

Ohh, Gracie, another intriguing possibility for Kandie's dad. CIA agent...we could make up some fun stories!

You are so well behaved with all of this, Kathy. The most I do when I get home is wash my hands thoroughly.

DH is excited because he needed to run to town today to pick up money to pay our tree friend. He is also picking up sub sandwiches for them (and DD2). He hasn't really been out of the neighborhood in I don't know how long.

DD1 called while I was typing this epistle. She is working today and then 6:30-3:00 pm tomorrow and then she is taking their cat. pay for the next two weeks. She said she is just so tired and needs a break. She'll go back the beginning of May.
Old 04-16-2020, 11:20 AM   #619
Proud Fan Club Member

Beautiful sunshine here, all that snow still predicted for overnight, and then up mid-50s tomorrow. I think Mother Nature is getting fidgety as well!

Old 04-16-2020, 11:32 AM   #620
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, DH goes back to work on Monday but he is planning work for his classes next week. It is a lot harder to teach a whole class of kids on the other side of a screen instead of in person. While he is doing that, I'll play in my room.

My Gallery
cdimick, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 11:39 AM   #621
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, I think Mother Nature has the virus.

My BIL called today, he is in tears, a good friend of his who still lives in Milwaukee got the virus along with his wife. He told my BIL that his wife dressed him and took him to the hospital. That was the last thing he remembers of his wife. She died in the hospital and he made it through and is now home. My spouse and I had met the man and his wife a couple of times. Such good people. This virus is horrible.

Do you guys remember when my youngest son got the TADS in his mouth to help move his jaw line. Well one of the TADS moved and is causing swelling and bleeding in his mouth. Yup, he is going in tomorrow for an emergency visit to have the one TAD pulled out! He has been in pain all week long. None of us are happy about him having to go out, but he has no choice. I hate seeing him in pain like this too.
The TADS are put into the skull, so how did this one move? No answers yet.

Prayers needed for him tomorrow! He will not let me go with him either!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:17 PM   #622
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Ann, that sounds so painful! I will remember him in my prayers.

And oh, my goodness! So sorry about your brothers friends. Yes this virus is terrible. There was terrible news today about another nursing home in NJ. And to think, some people are not believing it is bad!

I tried to make a mask out of a bandanna and rubber bands! Doesn’t work for me. DH will just have to wear that eye mask over his nose and mouth if he wears one. So far he hasn’t. Did I tell you our governor has extended our Stay at home order another 3 weeks.
Probably it will be June before we can get out, as the peek isn’t expect here until April 30th, then they want you to stay in 14 days beyond that.

What would we do without each other!
Sanitized electronic hugs !
Old 04-16-2020, 12:26 PM   #623
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I'm so sorry for your son's pain. I will keep him in my prayers as well as your BILs friend. Such a horrible thing.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #624
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Our governor just extended our stay at home till May 26th!

No stimulus check for us yet! I read that if you got a refund to your account you will get your check first! We never get refunds, always paying in!

I checked the IRS website and they have no update or information for us as to when we will get our funds! It will probably be months!

Thanks for the prayers for my son everyone! He will need it, he is nervous already.
mcschmidty, smadson, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:21 PM   #625
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

So sorry about your son, Ann, that sounds so painful. And your BIL's friends. Will add them all to my prayers.

I don't think I had shared with you about our pastor's wife. She has had a heart defect from birth and was supposed to have corrective surgery this past January but, she got sick so they postponed it to this week. He didn't know if it would proceed due to Covid-19, but she had her surgery this morning. I received a text from him that surgery is complete, it went well, no complications. Now he just has to wait until he can go pick her up because, of course, he can't visit her in the hospital. I think that would be so hard - on her and him!
Old 04-16-2020, 02:31 PM   #626
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, if its any consolation, they probably wouldn't let you go with him anyway.! From what I've heard, they make you drop them of at the door.

As for the stimulus checks, I don't think it will take that long. Yes, we filed first week of February and had had direct deposit refund so this are probably first. My sister hasn't filed yet because she has to pay in so I'm not sure if she got hers yet or not.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 02:44 PM   #627
Stazon Splitcoast

DH said he heard news that they are having issues getting the stimulus checks sent out. He tried to check the site, but had issues with our address... tried 3 times with different abbreviations, etc. and then they wouldn't let him try again for another 24 hours.

We are still waiting on a water softener. The guy we originally called hasn't heard back from his supplier, so this week DH called another company, but they haven't called back with an estimate. DH is a lot more impatient than I am, so he's frustrated and wants to keep bugging them.

With the extended stay at home, the governor also has officially closed the schools for this term.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 04-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #628
Stazon Splitcoast

DH fell in mud this morning on his run. I made him throw everything in the wash. We're glad he didn't break anything, but I think he'll be a bit sore for a few days.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:51 PM   #629
Proud Fan Club Member

This has to be the coolest family in the neighborhood!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 02:53 PM   #630
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
DH said he heard news that they are having issues getting the stimulus checks sent out. He tried to check the site, but had issues with our address... tried 3 times with different abbreviations, etc. and then they wouldn't let him try again for another 24 hours.

We are still waiting on a water softener. The guy we originally called hasn't heard back from his supplier, so this week DH called another company, but they haven't called back with an estimate. DH is a lot more impatient than I am, so he's frustrated and wants to keep bugging them.

With the extended stay at home, the governor also has officially closed the schools for this term.
I pray they get it straightened out. I was so excited to have ours already. But I'm praying for the rest who are still waiting.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:42 PM   #631
Stazon Splitcoast

The bagpipes were awesome, Kathy.
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:45 PM   #632
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Melody, you spouse is in good company! My spouse fell in the shower yesterday! Just after using conditioner, he must not have rinsed it down too well. The entire house heard him go down!!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:52 PM   #633
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Message from Victoria:

"Tell Catherine I love her too!! I got her thoughtful card and it brought smiles with it!! I still don't do much on my phone even if it's bigger now my eyes gets blurry after a few minutes of straining"

"Jayne, I am sorry"

She went on to say she gets carried away on the phone and then is suffering so Des takes her phone away for a time.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, cdimick and 3 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:34 PM   #634
Proud Fan Club Member

I saw this card and thought of Jayne!

Feminine Clubhouse Birthday Card by inkpad - at Splitcoaststampers

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 07:53 PM   #635
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!

Didn't get much done today! Don't know where the day went!

Anyone else having days like that now?
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:07 PM   #636
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sweet dreams, Ann! I didn't get much done today but a lot got done here. The three trees came safely down, thankfully. There were wires connecting to our neighbor's house on one side and wires connecting to our house on the other so it was a bit tricky.

It was quite a chore for DH to get the Mustang backed into place after it was over. He borrowed my brother's VERY old pick-up to pull it out for the tree felling and then, trying to back it back into place was so difficult! My brother's truck is kind of noisy and a neighbor that we hadn't really met (there is an empty field between his house and ours) came over to see if DH needed help. So nice of him! And then the guys who live in the house across the street from him, came down too. Our neighbor across the street came out and moved one of their many cars to help DH. I love neighborly neighbors!

Kathy, LOVED the DIY bagpipe video. Too funny! I immediately went to show it to the girls. We have recorders! lol

I'll probably check in later tomorrow as I'm going to town for groceries and my weekly check in at the office.

Melody and Ann, I hope your DHs aren't too bumped up from their falls.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:01 PM   #637
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Goodnight all! I didn't sleep well last night, so going to bed early. Sadie was restless last night. I sure hope everything goes well at the Vet tomorrow.

Ann, I'll put your son in my prayers and maybe, I should add you and Melody's hubby to my prayers...so that they stay upright.

Didn't accomplish much today. I think I'm starting to get in a funk, but it may be the stress with Sadie, too.

Kandie, thank you so much for the lovely card!
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:07 PM   #638
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sweet dreams, Gracie, praying you sleep well tonight and that Sadie's problem is figured out and isn't serious. (((hugs)))
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:11 PM   #639
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Catherine! Hugs to you too! Goodnight!
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:51 PM   #640
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m sending hugs to you all as I’ve now forgotten whose hubby fell..I think both Ann and Melody’s. Are they coming out in sympathy with us lol. Ann, DH says big thank you and he will reply. He was stoked and is the right family. Thank you.

Kathy, I love the video and that family. I’m following them on FB. Love the golf card. No golf for us right now.

I wish we received a stimulus cheque. Some friends have but we don’t qualify.

Gracie, hope all goes well with Sadie today...hugs and sorry you are stressed.

Ann, sorry to hear of BILs friend. So sad. Hope your son goes ok too.

Sis Vicki...?? What are you sorry for. Just get better and come and play and chat.

Catherine, good neighbours are hard to find.

Not sure what else I’ve missed but saying hello and hugs to everyone. It’s Saturday tomorrow. How can that be. I have been trying to get to my craft room. I started my C card but realised I did it wrong lol. So now I have to start again.

Bye for now.