Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-27-2020, 10:02 AM   #5001
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Catherine, back from feeding the doggies! I hope your electricity stays on! I'm heading to craft room...we'll see what I accomplish. I have to come up with ideas for MMJ for Oct. and also Teapot Tickle in Oct.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:11 AM   #5002
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Speaking of MMJ, I forgot to mention that DD2 and I popped into the Dollar Tree and I picked up a new deck of cards. After getting them home, I found out the four corners of the cards are cut off at an angle...interesting! But I now have a cheap deck of cards to play with for altering and stuff.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:17 AM   #5003
Gallery Gazer

Gracie I’m looking forward to the new challenge.

It’s a lovely temperature now, cool enough to walk even with a mask on and the evenings and nights are cool enough without aircon, I hate it but you just can’t sleep without it in summer

Jayne sendings big hugs.

Marshmallows are something they don’t sell here unless it’s an English shop, first time I had s’mores was last summer when our sons boss sent a package over for us all, I love marshmallows but I’ve never had them toasted on their own, I could just eat the whole bag!!!

There’s been a report in the news about a man died through eating too much liquorice, who knew that could happen, I said to our DIL I know know why she always buys it for me, she laughed, she always buys me the soft strawberry flavour one, I love it, well all flavours actually.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:23 AM   #5004
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning all! We have already gotten our walk done for today.

Jayne, I am joining everyone else with big hugs for you. You have been in my thoughts lately.

Ann, I wouldn't mind a well toasted marshmallow at all. The trick is not to eat them till they have cooled down, right? Glad you had a ball with your son and your gk's.

Catherine, speaking of cards, my dh just got a cool card from his brother for his upcoming birthday on the 29th. It has a group of cards on it. I will be upcycling it at some point for a future card. I hope you don't lose power!

Gracie glad you made it to your daughter's.

Kathy, ha, I have been thinking about Catherine's ability to sleep ever since she mentioned it. I am with ya. Me too!

Hi Melody, Jan, Linda, Sharon, Shelly and all.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Shirl

Old 09-27-2020, 12:02 PM   #5005
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with Gracie.  Hot dogs burned on the fire and marshmallows golden brown, almost to the point of burning.

Catherine, you can get deli paper on Amazon.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:47 PM   #5006
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine  Was you that got new Gina K stamps? Witch ones did you get? I miss your reply on that. Thanks Linda
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:49 PM   #5007
Stazon Splitcoast

hello Shirl.... i hope you get a lot today! Happy Sunday Everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Morning all! We have already gotten our walk done for today.

Jayne, I am joining everyone else with big hugs for you. You have been in my thoughts lately.

Ann, I wouldn't mind a well toasted marshmallow at all. The trick is not to eat them till they have cooled down, right? Glad you had a ball with your son and your gk's.

Catherine, speaking of cards, my dh just got a cool card from his brother for his upcoming birthday on the 29th. It has a group of cards on it. I will be upcycling it at some point for a future card. I hope you don't lose power!

Gracie glad you made it to your daughter's.

Kathy, ha, I have been thinking about Catherine's ability to sleep ever since she mentioned it. I am with ya. Me too!

Hi Melody, Jan, Linda, Sharon, Shelly and all.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Shirl

Old 09-27-2020, 01:42 PM   #5008
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jan, you are safe with the strawberry flavored licorice. The problem can happen with too much black licorice. Of course, my DH would say that ANY black licorice is too much! He isn't fond of anise because it tastes too much like black licorice. The thing is licorice root has medicinal properties, I think that is why too much of it can cause trouble.

Shirl, that sounds like an interesting card your DH received. I wish you could all sleep like I do.

Melody, of course, I should have thought of checking on Amazon! They sell everything, right?

Linda, I got the Gina K kit that was just previous to the current one. It has the sushi stamp set in it which both of my girls really wanted me to get (so they can use it!).

Hurray, I just got the best email of the day. It is from PG&E saying they have canceled our power shut off! 

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:46 PM   #5009
Proud Fan Club Member

Palette icon

Well, I slept pretty good last night. Only up about three or four times but was able to go back to sleep. Made another trip to Walmart! I shouldn't need to shop for a year for some things! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, jan31, cdimick and 5 others like this post.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #5010
Proud Fan Club Member

I love strawberry twizzlers licorice. I can eat the black licorice but it isn't my favorite. My BIL used to say that as a trucker, he would eat it to help loosen his bowels! Apparently bouncing around in the truck bound him up. 

Found out my nephew was in the hospital overnight. He had a concussion. I didn't get the whole story yet but he has drank before and had accidents. He was not driving but the guys he was with are bad news and possibly pushed him out of the car. I guess he's really looking bad right now. Pretty scraped up. He lives in Philadelphia but was home visiting for a few days. Saturday night my DS went up to the pavilion and they had a campfire for a while. He should have done that last night again and he wouldn't be hurting. What makes me think they were drinking was that his dad went looking for him. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:10 PM   #5011
Stazon Splitcoast

I bet your girls will fun stamp with mom now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Jan, you are safe with the strawberry flavored licorice. The problem can happen with too much black licorice. Of course, my DH would say that ANY black licorice is too much! He isn't fond of anise because it tastes too much like black licorice. The thing is licorice root has medicinal properties, I think that is why too much of it can cause trouble.

Shirl, that sounds like an interesting card your DH received. I wish you could all sleep like I do.

Melody, of course, I should have thought of checking on Amazon! They sell everything, right?

Linda, I got the Gina K kit that was just previous to the current one. It has the sushi stamp set in it which both of my girls really wanted me to get (so they can use it!).

Hurray, I just got the best email of the day. It is from PG&E saying they have canceled our power shut off! 

Old 09-27-2020, 06:17 PM   #5012
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Linda, what did you get up to today?

Shirl
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:59 PM   #5013
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks ladies..I appreciate your prayers and thoughts. I’m good.
I will only put my marshmallow in for a second and then say it’s done lol.  I love love strawberry licorice and always have a bag or two in the house and also a bag of black licorice. I don’t eat much of the black but used to love All Sorts... Jan, remember those? and do you get them in the States/Canada?
Catherine glad your power stayed on.
Today is a long weekend but every weekend is for us lol.  Son2 and DIL2 are coming up for coffee..chores to do and then I may craft if I feel up to it.  We shall see.  
Gracie, glad you got time with your DD and was safe driving home. I’m also looking forward to your challenge in October..I’m after yours.
Kandie’s quiet..she must be busy making MM.

Have a fun day everyone.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:48 PM   #5014
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

HI All
I' have one card left to do for this round.  I need some thought on the Z though.  I have a Zebra stripe BG but I think I used that last time so don't want to do that.  Just read a couple of pages to catch up. I am getting tired tonight so I think I will go and think on Zzzzz - like Catherine's card.  So clever girl!  
Have to go with DH tomorrow down to the Woodlands for a doctor App.  It's just a check up for his heart stuff.  Everything has been going fine so am not expecting any problems.  I'll try to get my last one done tomorrow.  TTFN   

mcschmidty, lazylizard, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:05 PM   #5015
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Not having to go shopping sounds lovely, Kathy. DH used to do our grocery shopping but, this year, it has fallen to me. I don't like doing it! Of course, it does make more sense for me to do it since I don't work a full 8 hour day but he used to do it because I was home schooling in addition to work.

Sorry to hear about your nephew.

Linda, with my current stamp set up there is really only room for one person to stamp at a time. DD2 isn't really interested in stamping but is definitely interested in making a card with the sushi stamp set for a friend of hers who loves sushi.

Jayne, I love licorice all sorts. I can find it here from time to time. Of course, I have my favorites in there. I am definitely a black licorice fan.

Way to go, Pat, you have done a great job catching up. I'm impressed!
Old 09-27-2020, 09:06 PM   #5016
Gallery Gazer

Kathy we always say traveling has that effect as your BIL says, 

Catherine send me some sleep vibes, I’ve not been sleeping well these last few nights I was fast asleep just now after a bad night but of course someone woke at 6am, he made the tea and comes in the bedroom singing, I like a nice cup of tea in the morning! It was an ad when we were kids I think!

Jayne much as I love liquorice I’ve never really like allsorts, I find the other parts of them too sweet! 
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:09 PM   #5017
Gallery Gazer

Pat I hope your DHs app goes well. 

Well done to everyone of you who finished the whole round!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:15 PM   #5018
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jan, eat 6-8 pistachios in the evening. They have some natural substance which is supposed to help with sleep. My DH is a believer.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:41 PM   #5019
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Catherine, I will try it.  
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:41 AM   #5020
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Happy Monday- another new week and its going to be a great one!

I signed up for an Art League watercolor painting class today- the scene is oriental with 2 people floating in a canal of sorts...water chanel?  I thought it would be a fun challenge. And, I love the colors on it. 

Then, making dinner for our young priest. We have a meal train for him on Mondays.  He is one of those special kind of priests- and we have one more year of him at our parish......  

I sat down to create last night and spilled a 20 oz mug of hot tea all over the place.  So, now I have a very clean desk and floor!  Ugggg!  I did get a couple of cards set up, but decided to just go to bed instead of working on them!  

Ohh, I also love marshmellows just at the point of getting ready to burn....not a fan of hot dogs......  And, red twizzlers for me- not a fan of the black ones.....  my dad used to love the black flavor! We have a candy that has that flavor- Good n Plenty- he always had those in a bowl by his recliner : )  

It is dreary here today- rained during the night a bit and its only 52 out!  Down 20 degrees from yesterday. A good day to stay in and color or paint for sure!

Jayne- thinking of you and sending lots of prayers and virtual hugs too!

Pat- safe travels for you and hubby to see his doc!  

Catherine- I never heard of that about pistachio's.  My Mother used to love those! Glad your power will stay on!

Jan- wishing you good sleep vibes!  I have trouble with daytime naps- but hubby is refreshed with a quick 15 minute shut eye!  Do you take naps?

Kathy- so sorry about your nephew.  Some kids just are not ready to be adults in the real world ..........  

WAving hello to all- have a wonderful day ladies!

Shelly
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:27 AM   #5021
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Where is everyone this morning? DH and DD1 are on the last leg of their flight. They land in San Francisco and then have to drive home. I'm a little concerned about it because DD1 told me they stayed up until 3:30 this morning. DH's best friend from college drove to Denver to pick them up at the airport and they talked and talked - almost all night long. I'm happy they had the chance to connect (jealous that I didn't get to see him too) but that concerns me about them driving home from San Francisco.

I just uploaded my first card made with my new Gina K kit. Here it is: Lotus in Double

Jan and Shelly, when I first read about the pistachios, I knew what the item was that helped with sleep but I don't remember now.

You are busy, busy, Shelly! The art class sounds like fun. I hope the tea spill didn't ruin anything.

I hope everyone else is OK. I have to head off to work. Chat with you later!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:33 AM   #5022
Stazon Splitcoast

Shelly, speaking of spilling liquid... As we were watching the Brewers game yesterday, we have one of those folding tray tables sitting between us, and I had a canning jar mug of water there.  DH bumped the table the dumped the entire glass on my legs and the floor.

Morning, ladies.  I just finished my Z card... finally.

Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:38 AM   #5023
Gallery Gazer

Shelly, I never nap during the day, Id have to be exhausted before I could doze off where as steve always nods off,he listen to a podcast and he always falls asleep, I’ve told him I will email the show and tell them as he never hears it all, so then I have to listen to it twice!

Hospital appointment went well, his skin cancer hasn’t come back but he doctor looked at his leg and has given him some sachets which I think are to cleanse the wound and some cream to put on, the cream was twenty euros, we have to collect the sachets tomorrow, our translator was half an hour late so we had missed the appointment, it’s so annoying as it happens every time she has to meet us, luckily the doctor knows Tina so he soon called steve although I wasn’t allowed in, apparently he sat the other side of the room until  he looked at Steve’s face and leg. Now he has to go back next may to show him his leg unless it doesn’t heal in four weeks then he has to get another appointment to go straight back, he thinks it’s a bite that isnt healing because of the blood thinners, the annoying thing is steve said he spoke English the whole time but Tina says he would rather we took a translator €25 for ten minutes although she did make another appointment for steve.

Catherine you will be relieved when they arrive home, luckily our son is only about 25 mi utes drive from SFO, we would have been flying there tomorrow to see the family, were quite upset about not seeing the boys for their birthdays but better to be safe than sorry.

Old 09-28-2020, 11:56 AM   #5024
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning all!

We are just back from a glorious walk in the sunshine!

Shelly, I like your positivity. This week really is going to be a great one here. Our sunny days are back for the whole week, the weather woman said.

Jan, that is a good report for your dh!

Melody good thing it was just water, but yuck anyways!

Catherine, that is interesting. I was going to eat some pistachios last night but had something different. I will try that tip. I wonder how they come up with 6 to 8....I would like a few more than that, lol. Glad your power stayed on.

Pat, nice to see you. Good vibes for your Z card coming up.

Kathy, sorry to hear about your nephew!

Hi Jayne, Linda, Ann, Gracie and all!

Off to get groceries etc. today!

Shirl

Old 09-28-2020, 12:08 PM   #5025
Gallery Gazer

Shirl I’m pleased to hear I’m not the only one who can’t stop at a few pistachios, well Pringles, etc too
Old 09-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #5026
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha, ha, Jan, it is nice to have company!

Shirl
Old 09-28-2020, 12:11 PM   #5027
Proud Fan Club Member

My nephew has been sleeping a lot. They just have to wake him every so often because of the concussion. 

I have rubber Crocks at the front and back door that I can slip into when I go outside. This morning I slipped into the ones at the backdoor and one was wet! I think my bad cat peed in it, although I don't know how he got it in the one shoe only! He's been trying to apologize all morning! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 12:13 PM   #5028
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Shirl I’m pleased to hear I’m not the only one who can’t stop at a few pistachios, well Pringles, etc too

I've never cared much for Pringles, but I could eat half a bag of Martin's kettle cooked chips! As for pistachios, I don't think I've ever tried them!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 02:41 PM   #5029
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good afternoon all. I went to my volunteer craft group this morning. Working on things for a sale in October.

Way to go to Melody and Pat getting to your Z card! I really got behind this time. I'm a perfectionist in some ways and it bothers me, but I'm going to challenge myself to just let it go and start fresh on the next round. We'll see...

Kathy, I hope your nephew recovers soon. Crazy kids.

Shirl, so glad you had sunshine for your walk. I love the sunny days here.

Jan, so sorry you don't get to visit your boys for their birthdays this year. Frustrating times.

Catherine, hoping your family gets home safely! Don't work too hard today. I'll have to go check out your lotus card.

Shelly, that sounds like a fun painting class. I love oriental paintings.

Hi Jayne, Linda, Ann, Sharon, Sis and anyone else checking in today!

I need to get to the craft room.
mcschmidty, hotwheels, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:11 PM   #5030
Proud Fan Club Member

Nice and cool here And sunny.  I walked this morning and again just now.  I had to wear a light windbreaker, because it is windy, gusts up to 45mph.
Crafted a bit.  Two cards done and another started. I will try to upload either later or tomorrow.

Jan, I so sorry you can’t visit your SF family this year. This Covid is getting really old.
Catherine, praying for safe homecoming  for your DD and DH.

I can’t remember rest of the chat 
Oh, congratulations to Sally for winning a DTGD prize!
Time to go get dinner.
Waving to all of you!
Old 09-28-2020, 05:56 PM   #5031
Stazon Splitcoast

I am ready scream I am so broad enough happening today a slow day really!
and what about you? I am trying learn all card technique names UK Vs U.S But not having much luck. Do you know if there a lists of names some where?

Quote:

Hi Linda, what did you get up to today?

Shirl
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:01 PM   #5032
Stazon Splitcoast

Will when she dose make a card you will show it off!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Not having to go shopping sounds lovely, Kathy. DH used to do our grocery shopping but, this year, it has fallen to me. I don't like doing it! Of course, it does make more sense for me to do it since I don't work a full 8 hour day but he used to do it because I was home schooling in addition to work.

Sorry to hear about your nephew.

Linda, with my current stamp set up there is really only room for one person to stamp at a time. DD2 isn't really interested in stamping but is definitely interested in making a card with the sushi stamp set for a friend of hers who loves sushi.

Jayne, I love licorice all sorts. I can find it here from time to time. Of course, I have my favorites in there. I am definitely a black licorice fan.

Way to go, Pat, you have done a great job catching up. I'm impressed!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:02 PM   #5033
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry you are having an off day. I thought all technique names would be the same in both countries? Maybe someone else can chime in on that question for you.

The weather here is sublime. Just got home from getting groceries and off to make dinner now.

Shirl
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:13 PM   #5034
Stazon Splitcoast

no there different names for card technique we start talk about? In this thread. In the later posted. You might wanted to check out!? It has different topic name but we chat about every thing!
I have some stamping questions and thoughts

Quote:

Sorry you are having an off day. I thought all technique names would be the same in both countries? Maybe someone else can chime in on that question for you.

The weather here is sublime. Just got home from getting groceries and off to make dinner now.

Shirl

Old 09-28-2020, 06:17 PM   #5035
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, I would suggest you ask that question in the thread where it's being discussed.  There are a lot of techniques that have several different names, although they are the same technique.  It doesn't matter where a person is located as to the name.  It's more what someone decides to call whatever they are doing.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:04 PM   #5036
Stazon Splitcoast

yes Melody,, I just thought others be interested? In the thread I stated? Does anyone craft store carry K Company anymore? I was just wondering? Because I can't find any in my craft stores. Are they out business? Or did someone buy the out? Or what happen to that company? I love their paper packages .
Old 09-28-2020, 10:27 PM   #5037
Gallery Gazer

I thought the names of techniques were the same regardless of where you live although as melody has said some people call them by different names.
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:29 PM   #5038
Gallery Gazer

Linda I googled K company and the only one that has paper packs came up in Spanish, not sure why! Have you tried amazon?
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:24 AM   #5039
Gallery Gazer

Catherine we have pistachio nuts! Hoping it works, 
Old 09-29-2020, 10:15 AM   #5040
Proud Fan Club Member

I had 7 last night. Got to sleep pretty good! We buy a bag at Costco, already shelled!

Another beautiful day here. Will do our walk and then out for lunch for dh's birthday today!

Shirl
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.