Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-22-2020, 12:09 AM   #4881
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Shelly, that linguini is my sort of dish...love prawns and all seafood.  Yum yum.  I like to see the young ones with their bike trailers out on the paths.  Fun.  Glad that your brother is now cleared.  Did your DD1 get covid or just come into contact with someone?  Sorry I have lost all sense of this chat whilst being away and just catching up from here on now.

I'm uploading my sample card I made 2 weeks ago for WTUI and also a tag I made for Nancy's DTGD challenge, then I'm hoping to go and play.  Very slow moving in our home today.

Have a fun week everyone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:48 AM   #4882
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone.  Slow moving here this morning as well.  I don’t know where my energy went.  I think the drop in temps has affected me.  Even Dusty Dog is sleeping a lot.

However...  Jayne’s gorgeous tag and Jean’s fabulous leaf card have inspired me to get my brain in gear!

Shelly, I’m so glad your DB is now clear, and only one week to go until your DD is as well.

Jan, I don’t mean to sound dense, but where do you sleep on this ship?  Are there staterooms or berths or something there for each car of travelers?

Ann, I don’t know if DH will replace the fridge or not.  So much has been repaired this year so far, and now he lost his glasses at the auction this last weekend.  He had them hanging from the neck of his sweatshirt on Saturday but when he was done at the end of the auction, they were gone.  They either fell off when he was moving boxes to the tables for auction, or when he took off his sweatshirt when the temps warmed up.  He is on his way to the site right now, the whole auction gang is doing a cleanup of the stuff that didn’t sell.  Hopefully he’ll find them in the grass.  Or possibly someone who bought a box lot will find a surprise of a pair of glasses in their box, lol.  And they were around $700...  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:12 AM   #4883
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Fall!! It will be warm here today!!  Calling for 78 degrees!!  Mother Nature sure is strange this year.  Makes me wonder how bad the snow will be this year!

So sorry to hear your spouse lost his glasses!  Hope he finds them!!  They are way to expensive!  Tell him I said he needs one of those chains for around his neck to hang his glasses from!!  One of my friends started doing that so she would not loose her glasses!  

Off to feed the dogs and check out challenges! And eat too!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #4884
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Honey's vet appointment went well. They come out and pick her up at your car and then call you on the phone to tell you what they find. Poor girl had a foxtail deep in her right ear that they didn't see last time. I told them I thought her ear was still infected because I put a little pressure on her ear and she yelped. I'm glad they found it, and yes, it was still infected. So, we came home with medicine for that, some anti-nausea pills to hopefully get her eating more, and new eye lubricant. The eye stuff she needs forever because her beautiful eyes just don't produce tears. They ran another blood panel to see where she is, we all think her 3 1/2 day adventure didn't do anything positive for her health. So...$330 later, hopefully, we have her on the way to better health. She did eat more yesterday than she has in a while - and kept getting into Wesley's food!

I was working on my idea for my Y card last night. I have a panel but haven't turned it into a card yet.

Ouch on your finger, Kathy. I hope it feels better today.

Kandie, oh no on DH's glasses. Praying he finds them! And uh-oh on the refrigerator. How old is it? My parents had an old GE refrigerator that lasted forever! It was still going strong after my mom passed. When she redecorated the house, it was moved to the basement and used as a backup refrigerator. Then they put it in storage while they lived in their motorhome and traveled the US for several years. When they bought a small home in my hometown and a small place down near Palm Springs, it came out of storage but they were sure it wouldn't work, but it did! 

I had the refrigerator of my dreams for a few months before our Antelope home sold. The buyers wanted the refrigerator too and, sadly, we agreed. I miss that one!

Shirl, I think the Arizona address is the one to use. Her plan is to be there though she will fly home and drive out with her DH when he comes.

Jayne, I had a lovely envelope from you in my mailbox yesterday. You sent, officially, my first birthday card of this year. I told the girls I could pretend about the instructions on the back of the envelope that I didn't know the rest of the world writes the date day/month/year but I behaved and didn't open it!

Linda, I bought Gina K's kit - the previous one, not the one that she just unveiled in yesterday's release. This will be my first Gina K products.

Shelly, I'm so glad your brother is recovered and back to work! And I'm hoping your daughter is isolating just because she had some exposure, not that she is sick.

Well, off to work. Chat with you later.

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:59 AM   #4885
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Catherine, I just got Gracie's pm that she is in Arizona for her birthday!

Morning everyone! Slow here as well. Sun is shining so that is a good thing. A trip to Costco might be happening today but that is all I have got planned.

Yes, Ann, I was just wondering the same thing about the snow. We just got called this morning from the car dealership to see if we want to make an appt. to have the snow tires put on. It is not cold enough yet, so we are waiting.

Kandie, that is a bummer that your dh lost his glasses. Prayers he finds them!

Shelly, I love to try new recipes too. Good find on the bike trailer. I love Gina K too. She is such a good teacher. 

Kathy how is your finger today?

Has everyone heard SU is having a 15% off sale for certain stamp sets for just one day on the 23rd.

Hi Linda, Gracie, Jan, Melody, Sharon, Jayne, Victoria if you are reading along, Annette and anyone else I may have missed.

Shirl

Last edited by shirlb19; 09-22-2020 at 11:03 AM..
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2020, 11:03 AM   #4886
Proud Fan Club Member

Just going back thru the chatter. Honey is going to feel so much better now. Great to hear that is all it was.

Which Gina K kit did you get, Catherine?

Jan, are you home yet?

Happy First day of Fall to all!

Shirl
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #4887
Proud Fan Club Member

I heard that stampin up was having the sale on that day but I haven't seen a list yet of the stamps that will be on sale.

my finger is still sore but it's not as bad as it was yesterday. And I really don't notice it unless I touch something with it. Just as it is,  there's a slight ache to it but it looks ok. I'm so thankful it wasn't worse. DH thought it was funny last night when I made him look at it when I took the Band-Aid off. I was afraid to look but it looks fine

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 09-22-2020, 01:10 PM   #4888
Gallery Gazer

Waving hello, we are home, Kandie we have a cabin onboard, two single beds , a desk and chair and a shower room, because of the virus we had to stay in the cabin until they call your car deck number, there were so many people waiting for the lift poor steve had to carry the case down three flights of stairs to the car, he has bad knees!
We were in The car even before the boat docked as they came round the cars to collect our documents and take our temperatures, we were off the boat in half an hour but getting through passport control was slow but after an hour we had filled the car up with diesel and on our way. Thick fog for two hours then by the time we hit Madrid it was 31c
Stopped for breakfast after two hours and from then on we only stopped to change over every two hours, it’s taken ten hours but everything at home is fine, lots of leaves everywhere but we just stuck everything in the spare bedroom until tomorrow, steve has his blood test and has to collect his meds then we will be unpacking.

My iPad keeps sending me things from YouTube, hamsters in mazes, instead of craft now I get stuff our GS  likes!

I sent out quite a few postcards so I hope they all arrive, pleased you got yours already Shirl.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:50 PM   #4889
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone,

I hope all is having good day, It rain all day here. So, just hung out. and chating!
Old 09-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #4890
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello, I'm trying to get a card made for a birthday and finish a small cross-stitch for someone's birthday. I'm taking a break and trying to catch up on chat too. I don't know where the time goes. It seems I'm always busy or else the days speed by so much faster!

Jan, glad you made it home safely. It sure sounds like a lot to go through to get through all the Covid 19 paperwork for traveling. Well worth it though, to see your dear GS. I hope Steve's blood tests turn out well. 

Catherine, I'm so glad they found out what was bothering Honey. That darn foxtail! 
I'm selling cards at a Main St. outdoor sale on October 3. I hope I do as well as you did. All of the indoor craft sales have been cancelled, so this is my one opportunity to sell cards this fall. 

Shelly, that meal you made sounded delicious! Good deal on bike trailer, too.

Kandie and Ann, hope the doggy's tummys are better today! Hope the hubby found his glasses today, Kandie. Ann, since it's just me here right now, I've been washing dishes by hand. I hope your dishwasher is an easy fix and inexpensive...it's always something!

Kathy, glad your finger seems to be OK. I'm like you, doing stuff where I should wait for help and then, ending up getting injured.

Hi Jayne, glad you’re finding time to get inky. My mojo has flown away...but with a craft sale coming up, I need to start getting my rear in gear and make cards!

Good afternoon, Shirl, Linda, Melody, Sharon and Sis! Back to the craft room!

mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:17 PM   #4891
Stazon Splitcoast

just find out some our church friends COVID so no church tomorrow or most likely Sunday. Please pray for all of us! Thanks Linda
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:11 PM   #4892
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!

Last letter for round 13, and you guessed it, the letter Z!!

Keywords: ABC13Z26, ABC13, and your personal keyword

Have fun with it!

Reminder, we will take the next week off and begin round 14 on October 7th!
mcschmidty, shirlb19, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #4893
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi all! For some reason, I'm just exhausted. Must the threat of needing to grade papers hanging over my head....right? I don't know. 

I wish the foxtail in her ear is all that is troubling Honey but I think there will be more. We are waiting to hear the results of the blood panel they did yesterday.

Shirl, I ordered the kit that just ended. She announced a new kit yesterday. The one I ordered has the sushi stamp set in it. Both of the girls love sushi and really wanted me to get that stamp set. I just got an email with the tracking and should have the kit by Friday...yay!

I'm glad your finger isn't too bad, Kathy.

Glad you are safely home, Jan.

Gracie, when I did the craft fair before, my gift card holders sold out. In fact, I made some additional ones that were ordered that day. So, I stayed up and made gift card holders for this one and not a single one sold! However, the one before was mid October. I think that might have made a difference. I hope you do well at yours.

Sorry to hear that, Linda. Praying for all of you!

Off to grade. Hopefully I can finish my Y card later tonight.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:05 PM   #4894
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jan, so happy you are home safe!  What a journey! Rest up!

Catherine, sorry you have to grade papers, not very exciting!  Does your daughter like your grading? 

Gracie, get at it lady, make those cards!!!  LOL!  At least we have next week off for the Alpha challenge so no worries on making a card!

I'm sneezing like crazy, silly allergies!  Went outside for awhile to sit with son while he was burning branches and boy in a short time I got bit up by mosquitoes! It was still early so didn't think to spray, not true those blood thirsty things are out in force!

Well goodnight all, been a long day and I've been up since 6 A.M. Busses were rolling, people off to work, garbage day for some, so the noises were loud with windows open and I could not get back to sleep!

Does anyone else have that trouble with noises not allowing you to sleep?
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:31 PM   #4895
Gallery Gazer

Ann any noise wakes me up, last night we had our en-suite window open but I have to close the bedroom window as we have a road nearby and the traffic wakes me up, it was nice to sleep with no air con, went to bed at 9pm and the alarm just woke us at 7am, slept right through!

Catherine sorry to hear Honey still isn’t well, hope the tests show what’s wrong, 

Gracie good luck with the craft stall, I used to love reading about what the ladies on SCS made for them, some are very clever the things they make as Christmas gifts, I haven’t got the patience.

Jayne I hope your test results are good, are you feeling ok now? No more dizzy spells?

Linda sorry to hear that, it’s such a worry when you hear someone has the virus.

Kathy your finger sounds sore, pleased to hear you didn’t do too much damage to it, I had a bruise on my little finger, I helped steve lift the case out of the car on the boat, I must had trapped it on something, it went really black although it’s fading now! 

Old 09-23-2020, 05:28 AM   #4896
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, hope Honey is improving and her test results come back ok.  Rest well.  You’ve had a lot on your plate as my mum used to say.
Kathy, can you craft with your finger?  Hope it’s healing ok.
Ann, I’m a light sleeper so any noise wakes me....well unless I’m exhausted and then I sleep like a dead person and don’t even hear DH getting up several times during the night.
Gracie, good luck from me too with the craft stall. I’m sure your cards will go like hot cakes.  
Linda, hope that your friend is ok. 
Jan, how good is it to be back in your own bed and home. I like going away but always glad to be home. I’m tootling along..up and down...not the dizzy spells. They aren’t the main problem. I had a CT scan today for my upper body and abdomen.  The Dr is baffled and doing one test at a time. If these are negative then I will have my heart checked. My BP is high and I’m monitoring it at present. I think it’s my gall bladder but that came back ok and I’m no dr.  I am sleeping lots and like Catherine, exhausted. I fell asleep in the Drs waiting room the other day lol.

I’ve sent out an email to everyone regarding a zoom call later today.  Hope to see some of you on there. I made my sample for WTUI today and have more challenges to go.  They come around too soon lol.  I need a plan.

Waving to everyone and have a great day.  

Old 09-23-2020, 05:53 AM   #4897
Gallery Gazer

Jayne, sorry to hear you still haven’t found what’s wrong, hope you find out so they can do something.
So good to be in our own bed, slept really well so when the alarm went off I couldn’t understand what it was, wasn’t even sure where I-was, ha,ha, 

I’ve unpacked all the cases put them in the attic, still got some bits to put away but I’ve done one load of washing and it’s already dry, it’s so hot and humid now the sun is out.

Thank goodness Steve’s blood levels have dropped, I was worried as he should have gone back after five days for a re test but we went away so he was three weeks late, they’ve given him six weeks now so they must be ok again.
I feel so tired so I’ve just had to take my craft bits upstairs and left them until tomorrow.

I hate collecting the mail when we’ve been away but I did have some happy mail, thank you so much Kandie for the vintage pieces, they are great, I’m sure I will be using them in a challenge some time soon.

Steve opened one letter and he thought they were saying that they are closing our English bank account , apparently many banks won’t let you have an account if you live abroad after brexit, we had a mild panic as Steve’s pension is paid into it and our state pensions, anyway he went on the website and realised its Lloyds insurance, so they are saying we can’t have insurance in Spain for our car, or house any more, more fool them as we are just about to renew ours so they will lose out big time. I thought we were going to go back to England again to sort it out!

Old 09-23-2020, 05:57 AM   #4898
Gallery Gazer

We collected Steve’s meds and took a box of M&S chocolates to the pharmacy for them to share, they were really pleased.

We went for coffee and the girls asked where we’d been, thank goodness all the holidaymakers have gone home, it’s back to normal, mind you now when you go in the supermarket they have a monitor with traffic lights, you have to wait until the green light is on before you can go in the door, luckily it was almost empty.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:28 AM   #4899
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies.  Wow, is it really the last week of round 13.  The weeks went by so fast.

Ann, we are starting out at 51 and heading toward 80 today.  Beautiful!  And next week, back down into fall temps again.  But we will sure enjoy these days, won’t we!

Catherine, poor Honey.  She can’t tell anyone how she feels.  My ear hurt just reading about the foxtail buried in her ear.  I’m keeping her in my prayers.

Melody, I received your lovely card, thank you!

Kathy, how is your finger today?  No bruising on your nail, I hope.

Jan, welcome home!  I laughed about the hamsters ads you are now getting on your iPad, lol.

Gracie, good luck getting items ready for your sale.  I never know what people will buy, every time I’ve made something I think will go, it doesn’t.  I think it’s because I make things I would like, lol.  I’m glad you still have time before the event starts.

Linda, prayers for quick recovery of your church friends.

Ann, it depends on the noises during the night, I guess.  Traffic doesn’t bother me, but loud music does.  And unexpected noises outside that might indicate a burglar.

DH went to the eye doctor yesterday.  It didn’t cost as much as he expected, the business is having a buy 1 get 1 free sale.  He did not get the tint this time, so he was able to keep the cost around $300.  He’s still grumbling about losing the others, even though he has needed a new pair for quite a while.

Good morning to everyone not awake yet, or heading off to bed, good evening to you!

Old 09-23-2020, 06:32 AM   #4900
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, so glad your DH’s levels are ok.  You have a lot of energy for someone who just got back from a long trip, wore me out just reading about it all.  

Jayne, I’m keeping you in prayers for a solution to all your health issues.  Such a pain not to know what’s going on.

Old 09-23-2020, 06:32 AM   #4901
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, I’m looking forward to the WTUI tomorrow!  You have my interest perked up!

Old 09-23-2020, 06:39 AM   #4902
Gallery Gazer

Kandie
 your journal page is absolutely beautiful, love the fall colours, see how I use the American names! Fall not autumn!
Old 09-23-2020, 06:41 AM   #4903
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Jan, so glad your DH’s levels are ok.  You have a lot of energy for someone who just got back from a long trip, wore me out just reading about it all.  

Jayne, I’m keeping you in prayers for a solution to all your health issues.  Such a pain not to know what’s going on.

Kandie I just went out to see what steve was up to in The garden and ended up tidying the veg plot with him , now I’m done for!
Old 09-23-2020, 06:51 AM   #4904
Gallery Gazer

Kandie,  I think I said before when our son went for the two for one at the opticians they asked if he wanted lens in them, I still laugh at that, why would he want glasses without lens,! 
I think my iPad is in meltdown it keeps changing Kandie to Landis, whatever that means
Old 09-23-2020, 07:01 AM   #4905
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan when I bought two pairs of specs in the UK they asked me the same thing and I said no I just want the frames and would have the lenses put in here. I still have one pair I haven’t used and our optician was reluctant to put lenses in them as he said they were cheap frames lol.  I don’t like either of them now...that’s typical of me. I saw 99 quid for two and buy them because frames here are so expensive. 

Nite everyone. See you tomorrow. 
Old 09-23-2020, 07:07 AM   #4906
Proud Fan Club Member

Uh oh...  I just watched a video on the most darling and feminine junk journal...

mcschmidty and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:10 AM   #4907
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, sometimes my iPad changes my name from Kandie to Lamdoe and I remember thinking, what a fun name!

I never know whether to call this time of year Fall or Autumn either!

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:18 AM   #4908
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Uh oh...  I just watched a video on the most darling and feminine junk journal...

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:29 AM   #4909
Proud Fan Club Member

Good night, Jayne!

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:54 AM   #4910
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!  Beautiful morning here it's 62 degrees right now with clear skies and sunny!

Have to enjoy it as next week we will struggle to get to 60!

Jayne, so hope you are feeling better soon, no fun not knowing what is the problem!

Gracie, you can do it!  Your cards are gorgeous, you should do well with your sale!

Kandie, glad your spouse is getting new glasses! Hope he doesn't use his shirt anymore to hold them! 

I have a panel done with the crayons and gesso, Kandie!  Haven't figured what I want to do with it yet.

Well I'm running behind today, so have to get myself moving now, and look at challenges!
mcschmidty, jan31, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:04 AM   #4911
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Kandie, Ann, Jan and goodnight Jayne!

Linda, I'll keep your friends at church in my prayers.

Jan, you are such a busy gal! Glad Steve's blood levels have dropped. I hope you can find some time to craft now.

Kandie, glad your DH got his new glasses. It's probably a good thing that he lost them if it's been awhile since he had new ones. You are such a go-getter lately on the MMJ and other challenges! You and Ann are on top of things! Go girl!

I'm still way behind on cards, but I'm going to just let things go and focus on doing what I can. My back has been a real "pain in the back" lately. LOL I've always said I don't want to complain about my aches and pains as I get older, but it's frustrating because it affects my creativity and ability to make cards. Enough said.

Jayne, I hope they find out what is causing your health issues. Hugs!

Ann, luckily, I live in an area without a lot of traffic, but I do hear the "back-up beeping" of trucks in the morning from a construction site down the hill. Such an annoying sound!

Gotta get going...playing Mahjong this afternoon!

Hugs and happy day to all!
mcschmidty, jan31 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:09 AM   #4912
Proud Fan Club Member

My finger is tender to the touch but I can still craft and there's no bruising. Praise the Lord! and I woke up with an energy. That is so good because I had a stack of dishes from last night plus DS2 is going to make more hot sauce after work so I grated the carrots and onions for him. Cleaned out old stuff from fridge. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 09-23-2020, 09:30 AM   #4913
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We had lovely, cooler temps the end of last week. Then, on Sunday, the heat was back. Last night I saw that the forecast for down the hill next Monday/Tuesday is for 100 degrees. Go away summer heat!

Honey seems to be a little better today. I don't know if it is the anti-nausea pill we are giving her, or the ear medicine, or a combination? I haven't heard the results of the blood work yet. She is asleep on the couch beside me right now.

Ann, I'm with you on the allergies. I guess my fall allergies have kicked in...yay! Perhaps that is why I'm so tired? As for sleeping, I sleep like the dead. When the girls were little, if they needed something in the night, they had to try to wake up their dad because they weren't going to wake me up! Poor girls. I have always slept like the dead, although I don't as much now when it is hot. I sleep better in winter.

I'm thankful that out here, for the most part, the mosquitoes are only out at dawn and dusk. Well, I hear they are out at dawn, I'm not out at that time so don't know from personal experience.

Jayne, I hope I can pop on later today. I'm not sure. DH and DD1 are leaving Thursday night for a trip out to Washington DC...don't ask! And I might need to be doing things to help them get ready. We'll see. I have five panels created for my Y card, you all could give me advice on how to make them into cards!

I hope these tests reveal something soon, Jayne. Praying, it is so frustrating to not know what is going on.

Jan, that was a bit of a panic thinking your bank account was being closed. Glad it wasn't that. The first year we lived in this house, our insurance was through Lloyd's because a lot of companies wouldn't insure up here. They were only willing to that first year. Insurance, such a pain! And then a pain to get them to pay if you have a claim. Don't get me started! Will you be able to find insurance there in Spain?

Kandie, that is exactly the frustrating thing. Honey can't tell us, she just looks at us with her big, beautiful, sad eyes. I hope your DH will be happy without the tinting. The last pair of glasses we got for DD2 didn't have the tint. I always paid for it for her before but she wanted prescription sunglasses so decided to not tint her regular ones. They were actually the lenses that darken when you go outside into the sun.

Jan, I use either Fall or Autumn when referring to the season between summer and winter. But then, I also use multiple pronunciations for words that are said one way in one area of the US and pronounced differently elsewhere. Probably because my mom was from Minnesota and dad from Kentucky.

Our eye doctor's office is wonderful. When DD2 wanted sunglasses, she didn't love any of the frames they had and they told her that if she found some elsewhere that she loved, to look for certain things in the frame and bring them by the office. They could possibly put her prescription in them. She found a pair of aviator sunglasses at Nordstrom Rack for less than $20 and they had all the things needed so she was able to get her prescription in those frames. I love that they told her what it needed and were willing to work with her on it.

Gracie, I don't know how you display your lovely cards when at a sale. I put my cards in categories and people could flip through the category they wanted. I also have three little wooden easels, so picked a few out to highlight. Then, when they make a purchase, I give them an envelope to go with it. Probably with current times, I should have had them in the clear plastic sleeves and laid out on the table so they could see them without flipping through. That would take a lot more display space though, and no one seemed concerned about having to flip through.

Kathy, I'm glad your finger is doing so well. It sounds like you've already gotten a lot done this morning!

Well, off to work with me, chat with you later.

Old 09-23-2020, 10:59 AM   #4914
Gallery Gazer

Jayne I had my eyes tested for the first time about seven years ago, I bought some glasses but if I went anywhere I took a cheap pair with me, steve asked me where my expensive glasses were, I said I didn’t like to use them in case I broke them, I’ve never lived that down!
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:05 AM   #4915
Gallery Gazer

Catherine we can get insurance in Spain without a problem but we’ve been with Lloyds for a while, our policy runs out for the car next week and we’ve booked an appointment with Jules to renew it but I’m guessing not with Lloyds!

Our bank here have now told us that unless we take out our house insurance with them we won’t get free banking, talk about blackmail, steve is going to weigh up the pro’s and cons before we decide. 
Old 09-23-2020, 01:17 PM   #4916
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for prayers ladies!
Old 09-23-2020, 02:10 PM   #4917
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie, you're welcome!

Good afternoon ladies.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 09-23-2020, 02:42 PM   #4918
Stazon Splitcoast

Yesterday, I took my car in for emissions testing. It didn't fail, but neither did it pass.  The girl said it was rejected.  Apparently, there is something that records data or something that needs to reset.  I recently had a new gas cap put on, and I guess that sets whatever back to zero.  She also said the car was leaking brake fluid, so we had to take it in for service.  But the reset thing has to be done by driving the car in different conditions, different speeds, etc.  So DH is going to drive it to the gym every day and tomorrow we are going to a coffee shop that takes us on the freeway.  DH would like to sell the car, since more and more it seems we are putting money into repairs, but I hate to be without my own vehicle.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:53 PM   #4919
Proud Fan Club Member

I just watched the new show called I can see your voice. It was one right after the masked Singer and I love that show so I just continue to watch. That new show is a good distraction from the news. You have to guess whether a person is a good or bad singer and it's surprising.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 07:07 PM   #4920
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh great, I did it again! I wanted to drop in on zoom but totally forgot!! Where is my head these days? Please keep sending me the invitation! I honestly planned to drop in. Heading to bed now! 

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.