Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2020, 06:33 AM   #4801
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Friday..phew lots of chirpy chat.

Kandie, yay to a gelli plate. Don’t look at Carabelle studio...they have cool stuff but they come from France and expensive here.  I use Lindy’s Magicals.  You are finding all the cool stuff and will go bankrupt lol.  

Congratulations Liz..was happy to see that another alpha girl is on the dirty pile.  

Melody, I won’t look at the sale but I did like Gracie’s comment about baby, momma and papa machines lol.  I won’t look.

Gracie hope your DD’s hand is healing. Are you crafting yet?

We are home.  Had a great few days away but tiring.  We drove over 1300 kms.

Sorry I’ve missed some chat but like Gracie I’ve enjoyed catching up on what you all have been doing. I’m stuffed and need sleep.

Enjoy your day. 
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:35 AM   #4802
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Happy National Cheeseburger Day!

We don't celebrate that holiday, but I do participate in National Chocolate Day and National Dunkin coffee day! (Although, I'm a believer in celebrating those more than once a year!)

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:44 AM   #4803
Gallery Gazer

Shelly GS is coping quite well really, he likes to hug but we have to watch as last night as he came out of the bath all wet and hugged me, to wet me, he was stood on the bed so I’m not sure if I moved but he said I hurt his arm, after he said I’m still your friend though! loL 
his mum hurt him trying to get his jimjams on, he said mum you do know I’m injured don’t you! This morning the school phoned to say he fell off his chair! How we don’t know, anyway DIL went down and he wanted to come home although he was busy eating his mid morning snack, the teacher said he was fine to be left, trouble is the last thing they need is for him to use it as an excuse to come home.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:48 AM   #4804
Gallery Gazer

Jayne, pleased to hear you had a good trip.

Gracie hope you DDs hand heals but good for her that she has found something to make an income.

Kathy I like your celebration days, I wouldn’t celebrate cheeseburger day either, 

I’ve been browsing and adding to my wish list for next time we come over.

Half packed the car as it’s going to rain Sunday when we leave so I don’t want to get wet, we have a water barrel to take home!! I’m filling it with things to save space in the car.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:17 AM   #4805
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, that's a great way to save space. I remember once when we went to New Jersey to visit my BIL and SIL we had bought a two drawer file cabinet from a yard sale next door. I filled the drawers with stuff to save space. Whatever works!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 09-18-2020, 07:36 AM   #4806
Gallery Gazer

Kathy I just have to make sure there’s nothing that rattles, nothing worse on a long journey hearing rattling.

mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:41 AM   #4807
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning all,

I love Carabelle and Lindy's, don't have a lot of each, but have used them. I shop at Joggles for mixed media stuff. They have 15% off every day, good sales, good shipping, good videos.

Gracie, I will check out your daughter's Facebook page. My son in law loves to work in wood, he started out with making spoons and utensils and he just built a kitchen island, he has done very little furniture except for simple things, like a bench. He did a super job, except he still has two drawers to make. Those have him a little baffled.

I don't remember who posted the thoughts about parents with young kids but I love it! My daughter is a mental health counselor at a university in WI, has been working from home all this time, the university is back on virtual because the kids can't stop getting the virus, but she may be able to do some work at her office eventually. She cannot take care of her girls or do any schooling when she's working. My son in law is a nurse, works nights, so sleeps during the day when he works. Before knowing what the public schools were doing in their city, they had to decide what to do for school. They signed the girls up for a semester of virtual through the public schools. The oldest, Clare, who is in 4th grade, eventually should be able to work on her own but Mirren, who is in 2nd grade, is still not reading that well (she guesses a lot instead of taking the time to figure it out) and working virtually means she has to read. Clare was like that too but her issue was she was too scared to make a mistake. Once it clicked, she has become a voracious reader so I hope that happens with Mirren soon. It has been very challenging to juggle everything. I may have to go there in October to help out. Liz applied for FMLA so she could take a day off if needed, only to find out that, because the public schools will go back to the classroom October 1, she can't take the FMLA because technically her girls could go back to school. Uhhhh, no, they had to commit to a full semester of the online. I know, confusing and frustrating. Parents have had to make decisions that I have never had to make but no support for them. A friend hired a college student to be a tutor for her daughter so Liz is sharing the tutor some of the time but this is only for the oldest. I am so lucky, this whole thing has not really affected me that much, except for keeping me from much of my family. I love living alone but there are times when it has been hard.

Thanks for listening. Best wishes to all.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:41 AM   #4808
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Wow, Jan your time to go home already!  Seems you just got there!  Fun that you have a rain barrel!  I remember my mother telling me she has one as a child and that rain water is the best for watering your plants so place a container outside and collect some! Nope!  Mosquitoes are bad!!

Jayne, so glad you are home safe from your trip!!

Can't remember everything I have read this morning either.  A muscle cramp in my leg woke me early this morning and now I am dragging!  Feels like I was hit by a truck!  Must be the weather!!  LOL! Or it's old age! 

mcschmidty, smadson, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:49 AM   #4809
Gallery Gazer

Jean our middle GS is 2nd grade and as you say they need more help with virtual schooling, our DIL is working 12 hours a day some days from home, her life is one zoom call at the moment, our son works from home too so he can help, the eldest is fine he has to use headphones so they dont get distracted. It’s hard for parents but at least they are both working from home until at least March they have both been told.

Old 09-18-2020, 07:55 AM   #4810
Gallery Gazer

Ann we couldn’t get a water barrel in Spain, a place where they really need to save rain water, steve always uses any water quickly and dries the barrel to stop mosquitoes, we never keep water for long periods for that reason.

It has gone quickly but it’s not the same over here, shopping is really not fun and we don’t feel safe eating out, we’ve had take away coffees and breakfast once so we will be pleased to be home although I miss the family, things are getting worse here although here in the south it’s not quite so bad, they are saying they might have to lockdown again, we really don’t want to be trapped in England, steve has a hospital appointment on 28 th and he will need more pills eventually.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #4811
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, can’t believe it is time for you to head home again!  To me the time sped by!
Well, I was up at 6:30 this morning because I was tired and fell right to sleep last night.  So, I wrote a long post this morning, and lost it!  After that happens I get off and tell myself I am not going to waste time trying to post.  But here I am.  
My big score shopping yesterday was a TH die that I have been wanting for 9.99, usually 19.99.  I also got some glue I have been wanting.  Ohhhh, and, I found 99% isopropyl alcohol!  Have checked for several months all the stores.  You will never guess!  My hair stylist listened to me telling her what I couldn’t find, and said, here.  She sold me 16oz bottle. She gets them at the beauticians warehouse!   Also in the stores I noticed there is no shortage now of wipes or sanitizers!  Sanitizers are on display everywhere, now!  I haven’t really been out, so maybe you all knew that!

I hope to get to my craft room to clean it and craft this afternoon. Craft on!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:01 AM   #4812
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! 

Kandie, that is too funny about the gell presses!

Gracie, sorry your DD hurt her hand, praying it heals quickly.

Kandie, I guess I had my Impossible burger a day before cheeseburger day. Of course, i'm not sure they'd accept an Impossible burger for that, but they certainly are delicious!

You ladies and your enabling! New companies to check out, new website to check, though I had heard of Joggles before.

Jean, I was the one who mentioned how difficult this time is for parents with younger children, trying to work and support their child's learning. I'm so thankful my DD is a senior in high school, even though this means her senior year has been quite disrupted from what it should have been.

Kathy, when is national caramel day? That is a day I could get behind!

When we bought this house it was already equipped with a sort of rain barrel system but it isn't open air so no mosquito problem. The barrels are connected to the rain gutters. Pretty cool set up, actually.

Wow, Jan, that does seem like a fast trip. For the external parts, I'm sorry that hasn't been as much fun as usual. You have certainly made some marvelous memories with your GS though which is awesome. My girls were rather grandparent deprived, sadly.

I should get off here and back to prepping for the craft fair. I'm mostly just prepping my card collection. If I have time, I'll make some quick gift card holders. Those sold pretty well the last time I did this.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:07 AM   #4813
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning, Sharon! We posted at the same time...then I had to take Honey outside but came back to read your post!
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:17 AM   #4814
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all.

Now, why am I suddenly wanting a burger, lol.

Sharon, I saw lots of 99% i.a. as well the other day. What happened to 91%. I have not seen wipes though. I think I have given up looking, but I did buy some lysol spray and that will work with paper towels.

Haze again today. No sun at the moment. Supposed to be clearer by the weekend, but then we are supposed to be getting rain.

Ann I hope your leg feels better soon.

Catherine, good luck with selling. Gift card holders would be a good seller I think along with your cards.

Jan, you sure have had a good time on your holiday from the sounds of it.

Jayne glad you are home safe and sound. I hear Australia's covid cases has lessened. For us we had the highest ever day yesterday of 165 cases reported.

Went for a walk yesterday and picked up some leaves and made one into a card for dh's birthday on the 29th.

Hi Shelly, Melody, Linda, Kandie and all.

Shirl
Old 09-18-2020, 10:40 AM   #4815
Proud Fan Club Member

I think maybe they raised it to 99% because of people using it to make hand sanitizer maybe? When mixed with a gel it needs to end up being at least 60% so the higher the alcohol level, the higher the sanitizer content. Just my opinion. 

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:47 AM   #4816
Gallery Gazer

So I had to look on Amazon for the caravelle stuff, they are fairly expensive on Amazon too, they have some lovely stuff though.

There’s sanitizer everywhere now, I have a small one I fill up that I keep in my handbag.
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #4817
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good afternoon all!

Lots of chat since yesterday! Jan have a safe trip home. How wonderful to spend time with family, but it is always good to get home again.

Melody, you are definitely an enabler...now more stamp companies! Ha ha! I'm cleaning my craft room and telling myself..."No more! No more stamps! No more dies..." We'll see how long that lasts.

Hi Shirl, Sharon, Ann, Shelly, Linda, Kathy, Catherine, Jean and Jayne (even though I know you're sleeping.)

Ok, I'm checking back later or I'll never clear a spot on my table to craft!
Old 09-18-2020, 01:44 PM   #4818
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
So I had to look on Amazon for the caravelle stuff, they are fairly expensive on Amazon too, they have some lovely stuff though.

There’s sanitizer everywhere now, I have a small one I fill up that I keep in my handbag.

Yes, lots of sanitizer now, but early on I had to make some. 

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:53 PM   #4819
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, you poor ladies, thinking you HAVE to buy things!  You give yourself a ZERO budget.  I can look at all those sales and not buy even one thing.  When you are struggling financially, the craft supplies end up way down on the list of things you need.  All I have to do is look at my supplies, and even though there's something I would LIKE, I know I have plenty of things to use.  If there is something I really would like, I put it on my gift wish list, and let someone else buy it for me, even consumables such as glue.  My kids are especially generous, so it works well.  And I don't get gifts that I will never use.  Seriously, I have not purchased any craft supplies in about 2 years.  And it's amazing what you can do with the products already in your stash.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 09-18-2020, 03:51 PM   #4820
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, this sounds like a good plan you have got going on with the craft supplies. I am sure your kids appreciate it too, knowing they are giving you something you would like.

Shirl
mcschmidty, lacyquilter, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:55 PM   #4821
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! No house cleaning for me today, i've been busy all day long getting ready for the craft fair. I have made a few gift card holders too. I decided that I'm going to stamp out several sentiments and take them with me. That way, I will offer to stamp it inside if they would like and they can pick from what I have available with me. It will be stamped in black - you can have any color you want as long as it is black!

I also need to get my vacuum repaired before I can vacuum again. Desperate to vacuum!

Did you get a burger, Shirl?

Melody, that is an excellent idea. I do want to build my stencil stash, however. I don't have very many of those. If only I knew what I currently know about crafting when I first started purchasing stamps. I would have made a number of selections differently. There is nothing like the special events here on SCS to make me see what I don't have in my craft supplies - though I don't always want to change that.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:59 PM   #4822
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sadly, Honey still isn't doing too well. She will be going to the vet. I'm concerned that her kidney disease has advanced. I'm sure her 3 1/2 day adventure didn't help with that.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:39 PM   #4823
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry to hear that Honey is still not doing all that great.

Good luck at your craft sale tomorrow!

Nope, no cheeseburger for me today, but the seed has been sown, lol.....

Shirl
Old 09-19-2020, 12:30 AM   #4824
Gallery Gazer

Catherine I’m sorry to hear about honey not being well.  Good luck at the craft fair.

Melody I have bought a few inks and dies while I’ve been here but I have been trying to use my stash of papers and use what I have, luckily I can’t buy craft stuff in Spain so that helps LOL 

GS woke at 3am and our son bought him downstairs at 4.30, I came dow at 5.45 and stayed to play!! We will all be in bed early tonight!
Old 09-19-2020, 12:32 AM   #4825
Gallery Gazer

We finished watching series 3 of  Ozarks last night! Hopefully then the series will be out by the time we come back in April, 
Old 09-19-2020, 06:17 AM   #4826
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Catherine, I am sorry to hear about poor Honey. I hope the vet can do something for her.  Have fun at the fair.  I hope you do well.

Jan, was your grandson in pain?  Is that why he work up so early?  Or anticipating grandma and grandpa leaving.

On my errands and haircut day, I went to a local burger place with 50s decor and music.  I had a great burger, fries, pop, and Reese’s Mudslide.  I hadn’t eaten there since 2019!  The meal is called All American Meal and it went up from 5.00 to $5.55 since the Pandemic has happened.  Most of the fast food places aren’t open inside.  But this one was.  At lunchtime I was only one eating in there besides one man on the other side of the Very large eating area.  So I felt safe.  The employees all wore masks. Their drive up of course was very busy.  I totally enjoyed myself while listening to the old music and eating my meal.  BTW errands = craft shopping.

Never crafted yesterday.  Maybe today is the day....  hope you get to craft today.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:25 AM   #4827
Gallery Gazer

Sharon maybe his shoulder was hurting, not sure, he doesn’t very often sleep past 6am, very often 5am! Trouble is if he wakes up in the night they let him stay in their bed 

I told our son to go to bed for an hour at lunchtime as I was playing with GS, later our GS he went up to the bathroom so I closed the bedroom door so he wouldn’t wake his dad, he obviously spotted him so an hour later he said he needed the bathroom, by the time I got to the top of the stairs he was already in bed with his dad, woke him up of course, now he’s fast asleep, ha,ha,
Old 09-19-2020, 08:20 AM   #4828
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, good morning.  I like to froze to death getting up this morning.  Even Dusty Dog was shivering.  It was in the 60s in the house and 44 outside.  As I’m sitting here in the living room I can see leaves falling.  Very little color change yet, but maybe it’ll start soon now that the nights are cooler.  Poor DH, he is working at an outdoor auction this morning.  He left with plenty of layers on and a large coffee in a thermo cup.

As far as supplies go, when I began crafting I was into cards and had a lot of SU supplies. Over the years lately my tastes have evolved into a love of mixed media, which called for a different type of supplies, gesso, texture pastes, stencils, water-soluble crayons, various ephemera.  I do have a monthly budget I give myself.  But I seem to get stressed a lot, even if I don’t totally realize it, worrying about things, issues with my children, health matters, and crafting is one thing that calms me.  DH has taken to gifting me now and then with money to buy things not in my budget.  I feel having the better supplies, along with studying techniques, is giving my work quality, and am now at a point where I feel comfortable gifting my projects.  A canvas art is easier to hang or set on a bookshelf.  Cards get thrown into drawers and forgotten.

I can’t control this psoriasis because we can’t afford the copay of nearly $1,000 a month for injections, and I’m now getting breakouts everywhere again, even my face and hands. Not to whine, but Melody, I hope this explains my craft supply shopping.  DH feels that if it calms, it’s a necessity.  He’s such a good man.

And, he says why shouldn’t I have some stuff, then points to his garage.  I can’t tell you how many projects he has out there to work on, and he’s always buying wood, nails, paint, saw blades, lol, they know him by name at Lowe’s Home Improvement store!  So, we both have our ways of dealing with family issues and world concerns!

That’s enough of that.

Catherine, I hope Honey will be doing better soon.  She and Dusty are the same age.  Dusty is going through dog menopause, I think.  She sure does get cranky now.  She was playing a snarling game over a biscuit the other day, and jumped at my face and bit me on the nose.  I yelled at her, and she spent the rest of the day snuggled up to me and showing she was sorry.  She gets carried away in her playing.

Jan, I’m so glad you and your GS have enjoyed so many good times and memories together.  Did you take lots of pictures?  My mom always told me rain water made the best rinse for hair and made it so soft.  I remember putting a coffee can outside on the steps When I was maybe 12 or 13 for when it rained.

I can’t remember much else.  I’ve been dreaming a lot about my mom and dad lately and waking up sad.  DH has times like that as well.  He gets very melancholy about once a month.

I have several techniques I want to try today, and with Dusty asleep and DH gone, I suppose I’d better get at it before the day gets away from me.

Many hugs to everyone!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:59 AM   #4829
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning all.  Please be assured that my post was so not intended to be a criticism.  I don't need to guilt any of you, because you probably do that all by yourself.  I totally get that our styles change, and therefore, needs change along with that.  I only meant that we all do have the option of not buying if we choose, and to offer some alternatives.  For me, the gift wish list was a game changer, because DH still doesn't have a clue what to get me.

That being said... besides being a stamper, I am a quilter; guess what I have in my basement.  A fabric store... uhmm, I mean stash!  One day it really hit me that I have enough fabric to last until I die (and beyond), so now I can actually walk into a fabric store, browse, and walk back out without buying any, no matter how pretty or how good the sale is. 

When my kids were little, my son thought that Walmart was the fabric store, because they always had great deals on remnants, and that's the part of the store we headed to when we walked in the door.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:26 AM   #4830
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

I used to have lots of other craft stuff, yarn and fabric but sold it all off.  Really needed to limit my crafting to just a few types!  Too much stuff and no place to store it. Back in the day, I made so many things for teacher gifts for the kids. 

I'm with you Kandie, on changing as we have learned.  SCS is the big enabler!! Too fun to do all the wonderful inky techniques!!  

When I first started it was a few punches, ribbon, brads, and buttons with just a couple ink pads. And NO COPICS! Yikes! 

Catherine, good luck at your sale today!  Good idea to take along sentiments!  I hope Honey feels better soon!  

Iris is laying right next to my feet as I type.  She seems to need a person by her at all times.  Athena, she is the watch dog, and is at the front door or the patio keeping an eye on anything that moves out there!  I weed blows that she hasn't seen before and she gets mad.  It's too funny! They are sisters and so completely different!

Hi Shirl, what have you been up to?

Melody, did you turn the heat on last night? It got down to 36 here!!
mcschmidty, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:44 AM   #4831
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Ann and all....

We have been watching the Netflix series Away, with Hilary Swank. Really enjoying it. Anyone else watching it? We are just watching one episode at a time, not bingeing. Had to look up how to spell that term, lol. I used to be good at spelling things.

Jan,-you finished Ozarks. I am assuming you are now hooked, lol. We sure are.

I made two cards yesterday. One was with the First Frost 6x6 paper and I used a Flourish Designer frame on it. Retired from SU and found a package of them at a garage sale. It is true what people have been saying about the paper.  It practically makes the card.

Thinking of doing the IC today. Too soon to tell, still drinking tea and heading into the day slowly, lol.

We got rain overnight and it is raining right now too. It has cleared the smoke which is good.

When I made my first and only quilt, I was so good at not buying any more quilt fabric until I had finished the quilt. Good thing, because making a quilt was on my bucket list, but I did not continue making them. I do love them though.

Now, it is sure another story when I got into cardmaking. I read that we all have several lifetimes worth of product, lol.

Sharon, nice to get a haircut and enjoy that diner!

Catherine, hope you do well at the craft sale!

Kandie, that canvas you made would look great on a bookshelf!

Shirl
mcschmidty, jan31 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:03 AM   #4832
Stazon Splitcoast

Ann, no heat yet, but tempting.  Right now I'm cold, which means I should probably add a hoodie with zipper, so I can take it off again as soon as I get too hot.  LOL.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:15 AM   #4833
Gallery Gazer

Kandie I started off with parchment craft, I wasn’t very good, I moved on to die cutting for making cards, I’ve only started stamping in the last two years or so and I’m still not too good, now I’ve got into mixed media, my craft room is pretty full, when we go away steve always tells me to get what I want and I do go a little mad in S.f where it’s cheaper to buy.
You know in Spain or England you would get all the treatment for free, in Spain they never  hold back on treatment although sometimes the health service in Spain changes the meds for cheaper ones, can’t blame them really, our family are lucky they have medical insurance through their work.
I think most of us crafters do it for relaxation, so I’m pleased it helps you.

mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:56 PM   #4834
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl, I did indeed watch Away all the way through.  DH and I were hooked on it, me more than him because I adore space movies and he really does not.  But he actually got in to this show.  Hilary Swank is indeed a fine actress!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:38 PM   #4835
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I keep hearing about Away from everyone. I guess I'll have to check it out one of these nights. I like Hilary Swank but not much of a space movie person.

Kandie, I'm like you, my stamping is my therapy for sure. I'm trying to use what I have now, but every now and then, I need a mood booster...a new stamp! LOL

Melody, I have a girlfriend who sews and she has a fabric store in a room in her basement!!! She sews a variety of things. Last winter she was on a "purse" kick and made dozens!

Ann, sounds chilly back in Wisconsin. It's in the 80's here and the 60's at night. Perfect weather for me. It's funny how different Iris and Athena are. It's kind of like my 2 sons...they couldn't be any more different.

Catherine, so sorry to hear about Honey. I hope she starts feeling better. I hope your craft fair is a success and fun, too. Almost all of our fall craft fairs have been cancelled. BooHoo

Jan, enjoy your remaining time with your family! It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation.

Hi Sharon, Shirl, Kathy, Shelly, Jayne and anyone I've missed! I haven't made a card in almost 2 weeks! My craft room is finally organized...so I'm actually going to make a card if I get off this computer, that is!
Old 09-19-2020, 02:52 PM   #4836
Proud Fan Club Member

It was 31 here this morning! I'm glad I brought my hibiscus in last night because we had frost. 

I use stamp therapy too. Today I put together 8 poinsettias my demo friend stamped and die cut for me. SU's triple pearls in the holiday catalog make them so elegant! 

When I first started stamping in 2009, I shopped and shopped. I had full set syndrome and everything in tons of colors. As time went on, I realized that I prefer SU quality and ended up donating or selling a lot of my stuff!  And everything matches. I have gotten better at really thinking over my purchases now. My last SU order was mostly cardstock I was low on. But I did get those adorable pearls, a set of long magnets to use in my Misti, and the poinsettia plush vellum dsp. I also have two ofeverything now. Twodiecutting machiness, two scoreboards, more than two trimmers or cutters. Ijust wanted to make sure I had a backup in case one broke! 

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:55 PM   #4837
Proud Fan Club Member

My post was wonky. I meant to say I have two of every large item, like big shot, score boards, trimmers, etc.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 06:16 PM   #4838
Stazon Splitcoast

hello kathy
how are you tonight?
Old 09-19-2020, 07:22 PM   #4839
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Linda. I'm getting ready to go to bed. It's nearly 10:30 here. The temperature is getting colder here. It was 31 this morning. Right now it is 38 degrees! 

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 07:41 PM   #4840
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving and popping on to say hello. Hugs everyone. 

Stash....stash..stash..lol.  Too much and yep we all change over time.  I wish I knew what my style was..eclectic I think.

Catherine, hope Honey is better.  

Keep well everyone