Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-10-2020, 07:26 PM   #441
Proud Fan Club Member

That is what I did , Kathy, a blue zebra, three blue zebras! I thought it was a good idea.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-10-2020, 07:26 PM   #442
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Cool calendar Kathy. I like the blue zebra idea. We have 3 calendars in our study that I flip each day so I know what day and date it is if I don’t check on my iPad or phone lol. I did flip it early one day last week so we were all out of sync lol.

Kandie I’ve not heard of that Aussie show..must check it out. We watch either British or American shows lol. We are watching Blacklist at present and up to episode 21...loving it.

Melody I will print your list out too if that’s ok as I can never think of what to do.

Catherine..what a win..flour and yeast. Can I have some please lol. Yes when Gracie and I get together we enable one another. I would drink with her too if she had been drinking lol. She was very good not eating lollies.

Gracie, I think doing a mixed media panel together would be cool.

Ann, my DH wants to send you a note. I should never have told him that you are into genealogy lol. I said leave her alone, she’s a busy woman lol.

It’s going to be37 degrees here today..eek. We went a very long walk and I’m now procrastinating as I should be cleaning my front door and outdoor furniture. Ok..that’s it I need to go....maybe in a min and I’m not in my nightie but still have my walking gear on and need to shower...lol. So slack.

I also need to finish the poppets Easter egg baskets.

Have fun ladies
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:30 PM   #443
Stazon Splitcoast

Absolutely, Jayne! and anyone else who wants it. There are a few things on there that you might have to look up.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 04-10-2020, 07:45 PM   #444
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jayne, no worries, tell him to send me the note!!

Catherine, great find at the store!! Hooray!! Yeast is a really big find!

Did look up for substitutions for yeast. May use baking powder - no need to let it rise, can use baking soda just need an acid with it, or start a sour dough up and use it instead of yeast.

I soaked my feet for an hour and continued to read, "Anne of Green Gables".

Son number five made dinner and cleanup up afterwards too!! I did make two loaves of banana bread with the last of our fresh bananas. I do have some in the freezer though to use later on.

No spending money on craft stuff for me!! Spent a lot to get groceries in the house, and wow, the prices are sure up on everything.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:52 PM   #445
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I agree, Ann, groceries have definitely gone up in cost! Wow...

Jayne, I can just imagine you and Gracie chatting and enabling each other!
Old 04-10-2020, 08:22 PM   #446
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Time to go to sleep, I'm yawning!! Can't stop!!

Night all!!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:24 PM   #447
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, thanks for sharing your list with us!

Catherine, I have no idea what you're talking about...Jayne and I very prim and proper ladies and would never encourage another to purchase unnecessary craft items! And, if you believe me...I have a winning lottery ticket I can send you! LOL
It sounds like you had a busy and productive day! Good for you!

Ann, that is so nice that your son made dinner and even cleaned up! Sweet! Yes, I agree groceries have definitely gone up in price.

Jayne, it sounds like another hot day for you! Lucky you got your walk in early.

We put a long table out on our front deck and ate supper with 2 couples in our neighborhood. We ordered food from a Thai restaurant and sat outside and visited...keeping our social distance! One couple showed up wearing real gas masks! LOL It felt good to talk other people.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:43 PM   #448
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sweet dreams, Ann!

Gracie, I'm so thankful I hadn't taken a sip of my mint tea before I read your comment! I would have been in trouble! No need to send me that winning lottery ticket.

Yum, Thai food! That is a favorite of mine!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:42 PM   #449
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Mine too Catherine...love Thai food.

DGS was my art teacher just now. He FaceTimed me and I had to make a snake with him. Here’s mine lol. It was such fun. We had lots of giggles. On Monday DGD is the teacher. Then it’s my turn. He kept saying..Nannie it’s just like the tulip fold. He was a very good instructor lol. I had to decorate it. DGD loved it lol.

I also put together my little packages we shall drop off later....nothing fancy but I think the little ones will like them.

Thank you Melody for the Alpha sheets.

Ann, DH says thank you. I’ll email you this weekend.

I’ve just had a lovely email from Karen and will see if she would like to join us when we next all have a get together.

Keep safe and well everyone.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:49 PM   #450
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

I hope you all had a blessed Holy Froday. We did an online service at 3PM. Very beautiful.

I learned an elder at church, who was in my bible study, fell and broke her hip late May and caught Corona Vorus and has passed. So very sad! She was a widow and was very good friends with another widow- I feel bad for the other woman as well, as she has now lost her sidekick! (They were always together).

I have not been stamping, I have been making masks! A woman in our town is coordinating, and since I cannot 'nurse', it is a way I feel I can contribute. I am working on the 1st model, which is nicer and more time consuming, so once those I have already cut out are complete, I will work on an easier and quicker design. (with something besides making ties- did not think of ribbon.....)

I am not sure what we will cook for dinner Sunday- may be a Turkey : ) LOL I am allergic to Pork, so no ham...... Alas, Turkey it is, hubby has it out of the freezer and in the fridge.

What are your plans for Sunday???

Gracie and Jayne, I cannot imagine either of you getting into any trouble..... I have been trying to behave about buying crafting supplies, and I rec'd a package from Unity with the Kit of the Month, only, I do not subscribe....so I dropped them a line and we'll see what happens. I was getting a subscription last year, but they had a computer glitch and it stopped coming.

Kathy- great memories with Mash! Your really got alot done today!

Catherine, you as well- I am tired just reading it...well, and that I am up late : )

Melodie- what a fabulous Alpha list- thanks for sharing!

Waving hello to all! Off to bed!
Shelly
Old 04-11-2020, 05:48 AM   #451
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, DH and I loved the Mash video! His favorite of all times! So funny! Thank you!
muscrat, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:58 AM   #452
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello and happy Saturday, ladies. Is the name Colm Meaney familiar to anyone? He’s an actor and has been in many of my favorite films. Anyway, he has done a bit where he walks by a huge sign of the day of the week, like Saturday, and as he walks by he says “today is Saturday”. Leave it to an actor to do a humorous 15-second bit on what day it is, lol.

I just found this, don’t know if it will work.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited by Kemernow; 04-11-2020 at 06:01 AM..
annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:08 AM   #453
Proud Fan Club Member

The weather could be verse, slightly hard to read.
Attached Thumbnails
ea3aa4ad-7716-4b98-8b44-1238904863d9.jpg  

lacyquilter, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:17 AM   #454
Proud Fan Club Member

And another.  I took these with the iPad.  I’ll have to go back to my phone, it takes sharper photos.
Attached Thumbnails
b46294a3-7b08-4ee3-8f84-ddfce8b2738b.jpg  

lacyquilter, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:21 AM   #455
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, that is so so sad about your church elder. What terrible times. That is wonderful of you to be making all those masks.
I watched a Good Friday service online, from the church we went to before we moved over here. It was very good, and the music was good too. One of the things I miss most is the congregational singing. I sang along last night, but it is just not the same.
How neat to have dinner with your friends from a distance, Gracie.

We will be Skyping our DD and family tonight, our biggest plans for the weekend. We do a three way Skype, because one of their sons lives in another town on his own, now. We usually talk over an hour. LOL. Not as long as our Alpha FaceTime! Can’t wait till we do that again! I loved seeing Jayne and Gracie and Ann and Catherine and hearing Melody.

Jayne those are great packages for your poppets.

Have any of the rest watched a ton of craft videos?

Thank you Melody for the list. I think I had it before but am saving again.

Ann, how nice your son fixed and cleaned up after dinner. Enjoy while you can! Yes, groceries are really higher, now! We decided DH would just go over to the ice cream shoppe for groceries, less than a mile, and they have a little grocery area. Absolutely no customers but him and one employee. He was able to get everything on the list, including ice cream! But eggs were four times what we usually pay! Everything else was comparable though. Ann, I hope you are enjoying Anne of Green Gables.
S/b 80s today, so I will walk. I even walked yesterday when it was 40s. We are having crazy weather! Tomorrow night it could be 32, crazy!
I have been scrapping heritage pages. It is difficult to do.
Ann, I don’t have any info on my mother’s fathers family. And when I was on that website to research my genealogy, I just couldn’t navigate it! This was years ago when I tried. You make it sound so easy.
Anyway, I have been scrapping DH ‘s family, just to his greats, for whom we have wedding photos, and such. That is all I Really want to do.

Good morning everyone! . Didn’t mean to write a book!
Old 04-11-2020, 06:45 AM   #456
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Sharon, send me the name of your mother's father's family and I'll see what I can find for you! I don't mind, I love a mystery for genealogy!

Kandie, great funnies today!! We all need a laugh! Thank you so much for the wonderful card too!! Cheered me up!!

Catherine, did your daughter decide if she wanted to stay working? It's tough going out there now and her hours are so early.

Easter, I am making myself ham! LOL! It's now everyone else's favorite! I want it for leftovers too. But for the rest it is tenderloin, grilled.

My number four son wants noodles! It has been a joke since he was little for every holiday he used to ask for noodles for the get together. I always said no, not for the big holidays when we get together with all the family. Well...no one else will be here so I said guess we can have noodles too this year! Sad but he'll be happy with his childhood dream!!

Going to make Catherine's cinnamon rolls tomorrow morning too!

I'm hungry so I better go eat! Iris is sitting under the kitchen table crunching ice cubes and making a big mess! She loves ice and will cry if she doesn't get any after eating and throughout the day!! She is a funny husky!
AnnetteMac, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:48 AM   #457
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Forgot to say for the grandkids, I got them clothes and sent them a 60 piece box of rice krispie treats from Amazon!!

Teresa I got her another pair of shoes! LOL Red boots!! She loves them!!
AnnetteMac, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:37 AM   #458
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, if you ever get bored, my uncle and mom had trouble finding much on their dad. I think he was born out of wedlock and maybe he was raised by his grandmother.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:51 AM   #459
Stazon Splitcoast

Ha, ha, Kathy. Ann won't ever get bored! She'll be too busy looking up geneology for everyone!

You all are welcome for the alpha word list. I know it helps me, and since I put in the time to make it, why not let everyone get use from it. At least that's my thinking.

We are going to be bad today and go to a friend's for lunch. I think there is some big time cabin fever there. He had an amputation in December, so isn't able to drive, so the only time he gets out of the house is for dialysis 3 times a week, so they invited us over. I made each of them some masks, so we are taking those.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 04-11-2020, 08:22 AM   #460
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, send me the info in a pm and I will look him up! You never know what you"ll find. I have two newspaper sites to use too, would like to get my monies worth out of them so additional people will be great to look up!!
lacyquilter, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:23 AM   #461
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You guys know I am not a tv watcher so genealogy is sort of my tv! LOL!
Old 04-11-2020, 08:49 AM   #462
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, that is so awesome that you are able to do that research for everyone! You are one amazing lady! Then, on top of everything you do...you cook too! It sounds like an Easter smorgasbord! I am amazed. I made cookies yesterday for our porch get together and I told DH that's enough "kitchen" time for me! LOL

Melody, I'm sure your friends will appreciate time spent with you. I know our friends were happy to have dinner on the deck and just sit and visit for a couple hours. I think everyone is getting cabin fever.

Sharon, I enjoyed reading your "book". LOL It's interesting to hear what everyone is doing.

Kandie, your weatherman is so clever!

Jayne, your poppets' Easter tags and bags turned out so wonderfully! Such fun, I'm sure they'll be excited to get them but I know they'd rather have spent time with you. Soon, we all hope! The snake was too cute. I never thought I'd say that about a snake!

Shelly, sorry to hear about one of your church lady's passing. It will be hard on her close friend. My mom is really starting to struggle with not being able to go anywhere and missing church gatherings. I feel so bad for those who are all alone, especially the elderly. Thank heaven my brother lives close to her and talks to or visits her daily. She is suppose to receive the pillow made from my Dad's shirt on Monday and I'm sure I'll get a tearful call that day.
Enjoy your day all! Hi Catherine, Kathy, Sis (miss you), Annette, Linda, Shirl and anyone I've missed! HUGS
Old 04-11-2020, 08:52 AM   #463
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Lots of chatter. I am slowly working my way through comments in the vsn gallery. There are some amazing cards in there! DH and I spent yesterday walking, playing games and doing a puzzle. Today I need to continue work on the crocheted dachshund.
Catherine, I wondered what your DD decided about work too. Glad you were able to find yeast and flour. I have been fortunate here because I buy my yeast in bulk from Costco and got some before all this happened. The flour stock has been pretty good here as well. I haven't noticed a big jump in prices yet.
I look forward to the next get together with you ladies. Hopefully I can get on this time and we can find a way to get Kathy on too.
In keeping with our staycation theme, tonight's supper will be what I like to call "north shore garlic shrimp". I cook the shrimp in lots of butter and garlic and serve over rice or pasta. Tomorrow will be ham and sweet potato.

My Gallery
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:57 AM   #464
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I too was wondering if DD has decided to stay working or leave Starbucks. It would be hard to wear a mask all day. I don't know how people do it.

Annette, YUM...your food sounds awesome! I have a friend who has always had dachshunds. I can't wait to see your crocheted dachsy!
AnnetteMac, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:10 AM   #465
Proud Fan Club Member

I was looking through some old papers and my birth certificate has my correct birth date, but my baby bracelet has the year wrong! I can only assume someone had trouble shifting the dates after the new year. I was born early March. You'd think they would have gotten accustomed to the new year change by then, but maybe not.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:33 AM   #466
Proud Fan Club Member

I wish they wouldn't make it sound like this stuff only happens at Walmart. I think its more Walmart because that's where everyone shops! But this is funny!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:09 AM   #467
Proud Fan Club Member

Great video, Kathy. I loved the commentary.

I need to head to my tropical paradise in the basement now because it has started snowing again! Why hasn't mother nature gotten the spring memo yet?!?!?!?!?!

My Gallery
Old 04-11-2020, 11:16 AM   #468
Proud Fan Club Member

HAHA, apparently I just had to complain loud enough. It has stopped and the sun is coming out.

My Gallery
Old 04-11-2020, 12:18 PM   #469
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Sharon, I exactly know what you mean about missing the live singing of the congregation. I was thinking about that this morning. The singing was my favorite part of church gatherings; I would get chills and tears and get all choked up.

I haven’t watched many craft videos, but I love makeup videos. The main ones I watch are called GRWM, Get Ready With Me. Usually there is a new one every couple of months, but the hostess must be bored to tears, because she has posted 13 videos in the last 14 days, lol.

Ann, glad you enjoyed your card, have a wonderful day tomorrow!

Melody enjoy your lunch, and so nice you’re taking masks along!

Gracie, I imagine your mother will be so pleased and emotional when she receives her pillow.

Annette, your Hawaiian staycation menu sounds absolutely wonderful!

Kathy, poor Walmart. It gets blamed for everything!

I tried a coffee chocolate smoothie today. It was made with chilled strong coffee, my chocolate powder from Nutrisystem, a banana, and crushed ice. Also with a quarter cup of rolled oats. It was okay, but either the oats or the coffee needs to be eliminated the next time I make the smoothie!

Hello to everyone!

Last edited by Kemernow; 04-11-2020 at 12:26 PM..
Old 04-11-2020, 12:22 PM   #470
Proud Fan Club Member

Annette, thanks for complaining so loudly. It cleared up here too, lol.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:27 PM   #471
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, thank you for the lovely card! I love the quilled leaves!

Daily Scripture Thread

Last edited by muscrat; 04-11-2020 at 04:49 PM..
Old 04-11-2020, 02:44 PM   #472
Stazon Splitcoast

oops!
Attached Thumbnails
mask-meme.jpg  
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 5 others like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 04:45 PM   #473
Proud Fan Club Member

I got a beautiful card from Kandie, today. Was it because it was my color? Thank you Kandie, such a nice surprise!
Old 04-11-2020, 04:48 PM   #474
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
oops!
LOL! When I went into Walmart I said to the door attendant "you can't see, but I'm smiling at you underneath this mask.". He says I can see it in your eyes! LOL Sweet man!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:16 PM   #475
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you, Kandie, for the lovely card. So pretty. Great idea to flip it inside out to protect the front. I'll have to remember that.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:17 PM   #476
Stazon Splitcoast

Yesterday I mailed a couple of masks to my son, since we are not getting together on Sundays for lunch, & the volleyball leagues are cancelled, so we don't see him at all.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:31 PM   #477
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann is hot on the trail! I've already got a copy of my great grandmothers death certificate!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 06:56 PM   #478
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

So glad you are happy Kathy!! I will keep looking!! It keeps my mind off the stuff going on in the world!

Tomorrow is bake and cook for the four of us at home!!

If I forget to say it, Happy Easter everyone! Hugs!!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:10 PM   #479
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Ann! Goodnight!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 07:17 PM   #480
Proud Fan Club Member

Goodnight, ladies. Smiling .