Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-14-2020, 04:12 PM   #4721
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie, I got four if those calls today! Two were left on voicemail, so I Let DH listen to them. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:59 PM   #4722
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

We leave shortly. Only a 4 hour drive and we have stops on the way. It’s 26 degrees today..perfect.

Shirl I put plastic wrap on all of my pastes now before the lid. Unfortunately I learnt this trick after everything had hardened. Jan, does the gesso break it down as mine are not budging and rock hard. Water isn’t even softening them but I am not deterred and will play more when we get back. Susie once told me to break them down and use as grit with other mediums but I can’t even get them out of the container lol.  Help....Maybe when I get my hammer out when I come back that will help lol.

Thanks for the video Melody. Will watch it tonight in our hotel room if I have time...bye for now.  Have fun 
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:19 PM   #4723
Proud Fan Club Member

Maybe a little water and microwave to heat a little?

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 09-14-2020, 06:03 PM   #4724
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

What a great video, Melody, thanks for posting that. I know I definitely struggle with the first point about not comparing myself to others. Easier said than done!

Shirl, I think the cling wrap on top should work. I just didn't know I needed to do that when I opened my glass bead glitter gel!

Sorry you all have hazy skies because of the fires out here. I had heard that they thought the smoke would travel all the way back east. Every morning I am hoping for better air quality.

Kathy, your story about the "FBI" calling you reminds me that last Thursday, the girls called me to tell me that two sheriff's deputies were at our house. They were looking for a Catherine/Kathryn/who knows how it is spelled? Patchuin (again, who knows how it is spelled for this person). When DD1 told them she didn't live here, they asked about a Nicholas Baxter. So strange.

Shelly, DD2 has never done an app but decided to learn how because she wants something specific. I'm sure she'll get it if she is determined enough.

Gracie, DD1 thinks that Honey is feeling better. I sure hope she is right!

Have a lovely time, Jayne!
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:18 PM   #4725
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

New round begins October 7th!

Will have a week off in between rounds!
mcschmidty, jan31, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:22 PM   #4726
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks....
Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
New round begins October 7th!

Will have a week off in between rounds!
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:23 PM   #4727
Stazon Splitcoast

How do add to signature line?
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:30 PM   #4728
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey, the new round starts on my birthday! Birthday present to me, thanks, Ann!
Old 09-14-2020, 11:00 PM   #4729
Stazon Splitcoast

You ladies do realize that if you are adding alcohol to your copics, you are diluting the ink, right?  It is possible to still get refills for your copic markers.  The Various Ink refills have been discontinued, but a new design is available.  A bit hard to find, but will probably get better.  I did a search and there seem to be only a few sites selling the new ones, and a lot of colors are out of stock.  They also only ship to US and Canada.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:38 AM   #4730
Gallery Gazer

Morning, I have only got three copies and two were almost dry when I bought them, so annoying so I never bothered with any more.

Jayne the gesso worked on mine but it wasn’t solid, obviously it makes it thinner but I added some talc in to thicken it
Old 09-15-2020, 01:56 AM   #4731
Gallery Gazer

DIL is working today so we are collecting GS at 11.45 and going to the beach and then the ice cream parlour, they have a massive outside area near the band stand, just been to take him to school and although they have yellow spots in the school yard outside the gates no one was keeping apart, well apart from me of course, not risking anything seeing as we go home on Sunday.

I think I will have to rejoin the alpha challenge on the next round as I’ve missed too many, takes me ages to get my brain back into craft ideas when I’ve been away so long.

Not sure if I will get to the craft shop as we may be having GS all week, which is good news to spend every afternoon with him before we go, I checked the craft shop online and they don’t have the stamps I wanted so I’ve ordered a couple more things from amazon just in case, we are back in April so I can go over there then.

Talking of christmas, our son was going to Poland as our DILs mother still lives there but now they have to quarantine they won’t be able to go, he said last night that we could come over but having to isolate for two weeks isnt any fun so we will have to think about it, maybe it will be finished anyway and they will go to Poland.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:18 AM   #4732
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
You ladies do realize that if you are adding alcohol to your copics, you are diluting the ink, right?  It is possible to still get refills for your copic markers.  The Various Ink refills have been discontinued, but a new design is available.  A bit hard to find, but will probably get better.  I did a search and there seem to be only a few sites selling the new ones, and a lot of colors are out of stock.  They also only ship to US and Canada.
If you've rarely used a Copic and it dried out, the color is still there and just needs reconstituted so adding alcohol usually works. Its cheaper to try the alcohol because reinkers are only available online. Michaels sells the markers but not a single refill. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 05:49 AM   #4733
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, and happy Tuesday.  The color challenge is featuring lovely colors today.  My mind immediately went to a fall layout.

Ann and everyone, I read all your dog attack comments to DH.  He now says he meant the guy pulled into our driveway and then had to back it up into traffic. Which has absolutely nothing to do with being a chicken.  I am wary of many small dogs, and was bitten by a chihuahua even after the owner pronounced it “just a sweetheart”.  In the driver’s defense, Dusty did hit that glass door like she was going to tear him apart!

When I was single and had another dog, she dearly loved our mailman there.  He always had a treat for her.  Then one day he had no treat.  He said the Post Office had stopped all carriers from carrying treats.  

I never poured the alcohol into the Copic barrel.  I just dipped the marker into a container of it for a few minutes, until I could see a bit of color come out.

DH has finally found small containers of 91% alcohol on the store shelves again.  He buys one each time he shops.

Jean, we just saw on the news that the Macy’s Day Parade will go on as usual, but there won’t be any spectators.

Kathy, you get the most amazing spam calls, lol,

Shelly, our mall finally opened for business again a few weeks ago, some stores however are still closed.  Over the weekend three men in the mall got into an argument.  One pulled a gun and shot and killed one of the others.  Now everyone is scared to go.  Many children were there and were shown hanging on to their parents and crying.  This shooting has got to stop.  DH said he guessed he’d better start carrying his gun, but he hates that safety is now being compromised no matter where a person goes.

Good morning, Gracie!

Jayne, safe travels and enjoy yourself!

Catherine, on the weather map this morning, we saw the direction the smoke and haze is traveling, and as it goes across Canada it is supposed to dip down into our area of Indiana.  

Thanks again, everyone, for reminding me to use plastic wrap over my jars!

Good morning again!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:58 AM   #4734
Proud Fan Club Member

For anyone interested in junk journals.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:32 AM   #4735
Proud Fan Club Member

For MMJ fans, I have posted on the MMJ challenge only thread four fun videos featuring water-soluble crayons like Distress crayons, scribble sticks, Gelatos and Neocolor wax pastels.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:16 AM   #4736
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Cool for now but going up to 78 degrees today!  Crazy weather!

Kandie, I can image that a dog hitting the glass was scary for the guy!  One of our Amazon drivers saw Athena sitting by the front door and dropped the package mid way on the front walk, never coming any closer.

Well our dogs are doing their job then, keeping people at a distance!

Sharon and I have been junk journaling, so much fun!!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:34 AM   #4737
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning all!
The sun is trying harder to be seen today. Still rather hazy. It's supposed to be in the 70's, says it's 63 now, doesn't feel like it. Funny how 63 feels so warm in March.

Gracie, 77 points scored...if you like offense, that game was for you. So weird to watch, they pipe in some crowd noise, but no cheering for a touchdown or any score or good play. It was so strange to see Mike McCarthy coaching for the Cowboys that night. Even with a mask, I'd know him anywhere. My brother lives in Michigan and unless it's a game of the week, they only see Lions games. I had to promise to watch for him. I'm usually a nervous fan but I did ok.

No calls from the FBI for me, although I did get a bunch of unknown spam calls, all leaving voice mails, which sucks. Even if you dismiss them, they still leave a voice mail. No clue. I too never answer unless I know who it is.

Waking up screaming!!???? Yuck. I do dream very vividly, in color, lots going on. Feels like it lasts forever but I'm guessing it's pretty short.

My goal is to finish the alphabet this week. BTW, what are Alphas? Am I an Alpha? Or is there another meaning?

Have a splendid day, everyone.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:55 AM   #4738
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, you're an alpha! Reminds me of the commercial...I'm an alpha, you're an alpha, wouldn't you like to be an alpha too? LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:59 AM   #4739
Proud Fan Club Member

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:19 AM   #4740
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I'm all caught up on the Alphabet challenge...until tomorrow, anyway. I just uploaded my XE card this morning. I keep hoping I'll wake up to clear skies but it hasn't happened yet.

At one point, I looked at the air and asked DH, "Did we move back down to LA and I missed it?!" Because the air quality was looking like it often looked down there - except for Jan. 1st which was almost always beautiful blue skies and sunshine. False advertising I called it! Because, of course, that is the day the Rose Parade is broadcast and it made our skies look so lovely!

Jan, it makes my heart happy that you are spending so much time with your GS and making wonderful memories with him. He is so blessed!

Melody, the one Copic I was thinking of trying that with was dry when I bought it. I didn't know that, obviously. But I was disappointed when I went to use it - which wasn't right away or I would have taken it back to Michaels or Hobby Lobby wherever I bought it.

Kathy, I have always wondered why Michaels doesn't sell any refills. I think they don't even sell any online for Copics - but could be wrong about that.

Sorry for the smoke, Kandie. I hope the wind pattern doesn't live up to what they told you this morning. I have had a headache for a number of days now and I blame the smoke. It also makes me blow my nose - a lot!

Yes, Jean, you're an Alpha! Your story about knowing someone anywhere even with a mask makes me think of the last time I was in DD1's store. I walked in and the shift supervisor said, "I'll get your daughter (she was in the back doing dishes)." The manager, who I had followed into the store, looked up confused wondering whose parent was there. I said hello to her and she apologized for not recognizing me. I told her it wasn't a problem, it is a little difficult with a portion of the face concealed!

Too funny, Kathy, I have thought that very thing, replacing pepper with Alpha before!

mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:35 AM   #4741
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I've got to head off to work, but I do have a quick question and wondered if any of you know. When I first started watching crafting videos on Youtube, Jennifer and Kristina and pretty much all of them, used the Big shot as their die cutting machine. Jennifer really liked the electronic version. Then one day, the Big Shot disappeared from everyone's videos and they started using the Spellbinder's Platinum 6 (or whatever it is called). But I never saw the reason for the change. Did Spellbinder's give them an offer they couldn't refuse? Or did Sizzix Big Shot do something that turned crafters off? I'm curious.

Chat with you later!
jan31, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:35 AM   #4742
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies. 

I'm pretty sure this is the only place I'm an Alpha! I'm definitely a Beta!  LOL
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 09-15-2020, 09:47 AM   #4743
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine, I don't really know the answer to your question, but I know Jennifer does her videos as 'representatives' of those companies.  You can be sure that any product she features in her videos get a spike in sales.  That is her business.  I have no idea how she is compensated, but with a lot of design teams, the members get free product, and maybe some sort of bonus if they are published using the product.

My personal opinion is that most of the die cutting machines are pretty comparable, unless you opt for an electronic one instead of manual, but otherwise, they work pretty much the same, even though they each have unique features.  Because SU sold the big shot, it became the go to machine for a lot of people, but that doesn't mean it's better.
jan31, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:39 AM   #4744
Proud Fan Club Member

I ordered some stencils online from Darkroom Door in Australia on September 5th and they arrived today!  I saw on their site that due to COVID-19 deliveries may be delayed.  That was expected.  For the US the chart had 10 to 20 days.  My package only took 10!

Attached Thumbnails
09f10d24-1805-4b05-b6a3-bac3e6fc070b.jpg  

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:42 AM   #4745
Gallery Gazer

We always get strange phone calls in SF! Our son says that phone numbers are given out again when they lapse, we ignore them all unless it’s family, in Spain Steve just a says in Spanish do you speak English, that puts most off, ha,ha

Kathy that would scare me having that call after watching Ozarks!

mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:43 AM   #4746
Gallery Gazer

Kandie that is very quick! 
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:45 AM   #4747
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Catherine, I don't really know the answer to your question, but I know Jennifer does her videos as 'representatives' of those companies.  You can be sure that any product she features in her videos get a spike in sales.  That is her business.  I have no idea how she is compensated, but with a lot of design teams, the members get free product, and maybe some sort of bonus if they are published using the product.

My personal opinion is that most of the die cutting machines are pretty comparable, unless you opt for an electronic one instead of manual, but otherwise, they work pretty much the same, even though they each have unique features.  Because SU sold the big shot, it became the go to machine for a lot of people, but that doesn't mean it's better.

SU has ditched the big shot now and have their own called the cut and emboss machine. It seems to move smoother and it folds up. But other than that, Melody is right. You can pretty much use any machine by just adding a shim or other minor change.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 10:46 AM   #4748
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I’ve had a big shot for years and recently switched to the Spellbinders Platinum.  My Big Shot was dipping in the middle, no matter how many shims I put underneath, anything in the middle didn’t cut all the way.  So I did a bunch of research and saw the Platinum was all metal gears inside, plus it could fit 8” paper, whereas my Big Shot could only fit 6”.  And the sides fold up to fit into a smaller space.  However, the sides down take up more space, lol.  And it is heavy!  So far, I love it, although I did have to buy some rubber shelf liner to put under it because it slid when I used it.  The big shot never slid at all.

Old 09-15-2020, 10:49 AM   #4749
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, I'm still here so no FBI at my door like that caller said! LOL. That's probably why he hasn't called today. But my car warranty is about expire again! LOL. I don't even have a car anymore! 

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 11:30 AM   #4750
Stazon Splitcoast

Sizzix has a big shot plus which has a 9" opening, which has some advantages, but the bigger bigz+ dies also cost more.  They also recently introduced a fold-up big shot.  And they have an electric one, as well as the vagabond (tim holtz), which is like the big shot, but electric.  There is also a big shot pro (I think that's what it's called) that has a 13" (?) opening and really large dies.  I think it's really made for someone who wants to sell die cut boxes, etc. for things like weddings and parties, etc.

Accucut also has some large machines.  Their main focus is quilting, but you can cut fabric in most of the others.

Spellbinders early machine only cut thin dies, so it didn't work for the bigz dies. 

If you have issues with arthritis, an electric machine is definitely the way to go. 

I own a cuttlebug, a big shot, and a vagabond.  Guess which one I use.  The cuttlebug, because it's easy to pull out and put away.
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:33 AM   #4751
Stazon Splitcoast

I need to get an emissions test before I can renew my plates, but the check engine soon light is on, so I know it won't pass until we have that taken care of.  DH would like to get rid of my car, but I hate driving his.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:31 PM   #4752
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

REMINDER!

Tomorrow's letter is "Y"!

Keywords: ABC13Y25, ABC13, and your personal keyword

New round starts on October 7th!  We will have a week off in between rounds! 
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:31 PM   #4753
Stazon Splitcoast

How do I add to  my ;">signature line? 
;">Can someone give instruction please
;">Thanks Linda
Old 09-15-2020, 05:35 PM   #4754
Proud Fan Club Member

Is anyone having problems uploading a card to a challenge?

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:05 PM   #4755
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, I just uploaded three cards and no problems.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:23 PM   #4756
Proud Fan Club Member

I have had problems posting, and so has Kathy.  She said to tell you that is why she hasn’t been on.  I will try again to post, now.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:24 PM   #4757
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay , it worked!
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:32 PM   #4758
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Lydia says it's fixed!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:44 PM   #4759
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! I'm not actually in the market for a new die cut machine, I was just curious why they seem to have disappeared from videos. I think I saw something about the industry disliking something that Sizzix did with the Big Shot so was curious if anyone knew.

I have looked at the Spellbinders machine liking the idea that it folds up. Quick question though, I have some thick dies like the Top Note die. Does the Platinum 6 handle those thick dies like the Big Shot does?

Yay for new stencils, Kandie! And that they arrived so quickly!

Kathy, DH got a call about his car warranty expiring...I don't think we've had a car warranty ever. Our newest car is a 2007 too. Apparently it is a current thing, I've seen complaints about it online.

Melody, any idea why you are getting that light? 

Kandie, I didn't have any troubles when I uploaded my XE card this morning.

Oh and yay, I got my hair cut today!
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:45 PM   #4760
Stazon Splitcoast

can someone me try add to my edit signature.... And keep missing the first link.