Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2020, 05:44 AM   #4601
Gallery Gazer

Kandie, our son and DIL had moved to Boston in January of that year and we were actually in Boston on 9/11, our DIL rang to tell us to watch the news and we saw the planes fly into a building , horrendous watching, we had to fly out of Boston the following weekend and we were very scared to be on a plane.

I know what you mean about getting all important stuff before you leave, Steve still laughs at me as at work they had a fire and I grabbed my handbag, my car keys etc, etc were in it and I couldn’t collect the boys from school without my car, he said I should have left it so after that I kept money and keys in my pocket!

I like the quote, a good one for crafters everywhere
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:06 AM   #4602
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Our power went on and off a few times yesterday.  Wasn't just us, it was the entire area around here.  No one yet has been told why it was happening.

However, there were helicopters flying around for hours yesterday.  Someone posted that it was flight for life flying close by.  Nothing on the news about it. 

My son in California sent me a picture from his balcony, and it is pure orange. He says there is ash and pieces of stuff just floating in the air.  They can not open their windows.  Thank goodness for room air filters they have running!

Kandie, love the sign!

Catherine, prayers for your friends, what sad times.  

Yes, my wasp sting is still red but not as sore. My sons is itching him! Weird he says that it did not itch in the beginning and is now. He says he can still feel where it went into his hand.

Off to get wash done! 
mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:22 AM   #4603
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning, everyone, let's see if I can remember what to comment about...

Ann, what the heck is going on around here with power? I've lost it twice in the last month, always equipment issues.

My good friend's daughter is a 4th grade teacher near here, they are in person school but the kids are divided into two groups, come different days. Two days into school starting, Kathy got a phone call that a little boy in her class tested positive, along with his Mom. And there are 6 more siblings in the family! So Kathy has to quarantine and teach those kids online, who are also quarantined, and a sub was hired to teach the other group. My grands are doing virtual for the first semester, my daughter who is a mental health counselor at a university got short term FMLA so she could take off when needed, then found out that she can't use it because the rest of the school system will go back to regular school October 1 if all goes well and she could be sending her kids to school. She had to commit to the virtual school for the semester before she knew what the school system was going to do. And her husband reworked his work schedule (he's a nurse and works nights) so he wouldn't have so many shifts in a row at night as he will then sleep during the day. I tell you, these parents are trying so hard to anticipate what will be needed and it still doesn't work. And there is no support. So Liz will have to take vacation if she needs to take time off to help her kids. I plan on going over there more often (3.25 hours away, I'll stay for a week if necessary). Crazy stuff going on.

Too bad many of the jobs available don't pay a living wage. In my opinion, it keeps people on assistance. The virus and the economic issues have magnified what is wrong in the US...too much inequality. It no longer works to just say 'pull yourself up by your bootstraps and go to work.'

Yes I have heard about issues of testing. Our local children's hospital, one of the best in the country, lost results from a test of a child of my sister's colleague. Waiting and waiting for results. That says to me that we are overwhelmed. The NBA is using that saliva test as a test group and I think it's going well. I heard about it on NPR and I think it will be good.

My sister, who is in healthcare, says that she thinks most cases now are related to inside gatherings with no masks. Wisconsin is at an 18% positivity rate, which is way too high. 5% or lower is the goal. Even if and when the mask mandate is lifted, she will continue to wear one everywhere except at home, just her and her husband. I haven't even hugged her since Christmas.

One4joy (Susan) in Eugene Oregon showed me a picture of her backyard two days in a row, first day was lovely and clear, the next day the same area was orange. There are fires near by, although last she told me they weren't in any danger to speak of. I hope that holds true.

19 years ago I was working at a church. It was a good place to be that day. Phone rang all day long, wondering if we were having a service that night, which we did.

Shelley, where are you staying? My brother lives in Holland and his wife's family has a cottage near Benton Harbor. I love it over there.

I'm sorry for all the illness, deaths, difficulties with cars (my number 1 fear), and all the above. I think we all need a good pot of soup and some creating. I made banana bread the other day, such good comfort food. Oooooh the sun is peeking out, we've had rain since Sunday. Every cotton pickin' day...it's either feast or famine with the weather it seems.

Stay safe, stay well, wear those masks....it's a small thing to do and we'll really never know how much they help but why chance it. I was born to social distance. Funny meme on Facebook, showing people protesting about masks and then a winter picture with everyone with a scarf around their faces. hah, yes, if it's our idea, then it's ok. Americans!!!!!!!!!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:06 AM   #4604
Stazon Splitcoast

Ah, Kandie, I would love if I could keep on piling stuff on the mess in my house and it would turn beautiful!

Good morning everyone.  Another chilly day here.  I haven't quite turned on the heat yet, but very tempted.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:58 AM   #4605
Proud Fan Club Member

I made my bi-weekly trip to Walmart, banking, and Dunkin for coffee. I didn't even notice if people were wearing masks because I was so focused on getting in and out. I shop for my parents and myself, which is kind of difficult in 1 cart but I managed. I scored some of the Lysol laundry additive today. I haven't seen that on shelves in a long time. 

My friend with covid-19 but her husband isn't quite as fast. She said he just lays around doing nothing and she's pushed him to get up and move.

I heard this morning on the news that the increase maybe due to people eating inside restaurants. I haven't gone inside since this all started. Yesterday I watched a few prepper videos. Those are pretty interesting. I like how they used an empty toilet paper roll and dryer lint as fire starters! That's a good way to get rid of my dryer lint but mainly we would be using it for campfire as I don't have a wood burner. I'm not into prepping like they are but sometimes it's interesting to see some of their ideas. I did learn how to vacuum seal flour without getting flour sucked into the sealer! That lady bought it in 20 lb bags and then put them into small paper sacks and vacuum sealed them in the those sacks. I think it would work just as well to buy the smaller bags and vacuum seal them just as they are. I do want to get some canned milk to have on hand.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 09-11-2020, 10:00 AM   #4606
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good smoky morning, everyone! Thankfully, it has been cooler. Praying that helps the firefighters. We still can't have our windows open though. I did open them Wednesday night and shouldn't have. 

I have so many friends and family who are in danger from the fires. And the orange/red sky in the Bay Area is incredible to me. That is what my best friend's sky looked like at her home in Oregon too. 

Jayne, all DH has to do is drop the new radiator into the van and it is done. Apparently changing the radiator is a quick and easy job, hallelujah!

I know what is in my house is just stuff, but I am attached to this stuff. Obviously, we need the important papers etc if we were to evacuate but I would be terribly sad to lose my aunt's beautiful artwork that is on my walls, and DH's family heirloom piano. But, it is just stuff in the end. My mom's family had a fire when she was young so she didn't have many photos of herself from when she was little. She remembered watching it burn there in Minnesota.

Yes, Kandie, this day was so horrible back in 2001 and then in 2012 with Benghazi. In 2001, DD1 was almost a year old and we were in my hometown visiting my parents and planning to attend the rodeo. We lived in the LA area at the time.

Love the sign, too. I should put that in both girls rooms too!

Jan, my SIL was traveling for work and got stuck where she was. She was trying to get to where we were as my brother and their sons were already there with us.

Ann, I'm glad your sting isn't as sore. Hope it doesn't start itching like your son's!

Jean, that was our problem with figuring out schooling for DD2. The school didn't let us know their plan until it was too late to get DD2 into the charter school that we had used before. I understand that they were scrambling too, everybody has been, but some parents just decided what they were going to do at the beginning of the summer. Hindsight is 20/20, right?

As for covering one's face, I'm the oddball who doesn't cover my face with a scarf in winter. There isn't a need to where I currently live, but I have lived places where others would do that. I just don't like fabric over my face, so I would hurry to get from point A to point B and get inside! (Don't worry, I do behave and wear a mask when required.)

I hope Susan continues to stay safe from the many fires in Oregon. I'm horrified by how many there are!

I need to get ready to head to town and do all my errands - hopefully that includes a hair cut!
Old 09-11-2020, 10:02 AM   #4607
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh yes, Kathy, dryer lint is a great fire starter! I have a wastebasket in the laundry room for cleaning out the lint trap and save it for when I am starting a fire in the wood stove!
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:13 AM   #4608
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm not sentimental. If I had to leave in a hurry I'd grab my Bible, stuff from the firesafe and my purse. I guess it's because I know no one will want my pictures or sentimental items when I'm gone anyway, so they can stay. As long as I have my family, we can share memories. 

I have been thinking of making up a better first aid kit though. And maybe a knife to take out zombies! LOL just kidding. I couldn't do it anyway. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 09-11-2020, 10:42 AM   #4609
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, the zombie killer!!!!! I like it.

My sister just texted me and said that the restaurant thing does seem to be the problem. I just ate in one for the first time, not really comfortable with that, but it was a rainy day and my friend wanted to take me out for doing her a favor. Ack, won't do that again for a while.

My favorite thing is the people wearing masks but their nose is exposed. Right.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:44 AM   #4610
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I just listened an NPR program about organizing papers; this person believes in using binders instead of file cabinets, easier to grab. Makes sense.

I would try to save my Dad's artwork but there is a lot.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:42 AM   #4611
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, I watch a lot of the walking Dead! I think the virus storyline has me intrigued. And that story started 11 years ago! I have watched the entire 9 seasons that are on DVD twice and am currently on season 5 for the third time! Season 10 hasn't finished because of covid so there won't be a DVD release this year anymore. But they are running season ten episodes each Sunday so I remind myself what happened. The finale of season ten will be shown October 4th. 

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:23 PM   #4612
Gallery Gazer

Jean I think we were made to isolate too, doesn’t bother us in the slightest, we are quite happy to bumble along together 
Old 09-11-2020, 12:30 PM   #4613
Gallery Gazer

Our GS fell off his slide, well his cousin fell and dragged him off too, he’s broke his collarbone, he’s been to the hospital for an X-ray, he is fine now and has a sling on for two weeks, he came home and sat on my knee while Steve cooked the dinner, he’s managed to eat his chilli con carne and he liked nan bread, that made him smile, poor boy 

Our son couldn’t go in the hospital with him, just his mum but while he was waiting in the car park he saw a hit and run, then the bloke walked off, our son stopped him to show him the damage to the other car and he shrugged, someone phoned the police as he was breathalysed then arrested. Our son had already taken a photo and was writing a note for the owner of the damaged car but someone had already told the owner.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:45 PM   #4614
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, so sorry about GS. Poor thing. Hope he heals quickly. And good for your DS for taking a stand for what he saw. Most people would just go on since it wasn't their problem! One time on Christmas Eve my DH was in the store. When he came out a truck was leaving and someone flagged my DH down and told him that truck had backed into my car. If it weren't for that person flagging us down we wouldn't have seen the damage until later. The guy had insurance that covered our damages. So I have no clue why he wouldn't have stopped! We were thankful for the person who told us what happened.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 12:49 PM   #4615
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Kathy, he was feeling pretty sorry for himself.

I once had my car bumped in a supermarket car park, Steve asked if they had cameras as it looked as if it was a lorry had hit it as the dent was near the roof, they said they didn’t have cameras so we ended up paying for the repairs ourselves 
Old 09-11-2020, 12:50 PM   #4616
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm another who saves the dryer lint.  I give it to my sister, who does the TP roll thing for there stove.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:01 PM   #4617
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, lots of drama going on! Well done to your son, Jan.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:08 PM   #4618
Proud Fan Club Member

Do any of you remember my incident couple of years ago where I came out of the doctor's office and there was a big dent in the car and I went back in to see if they had cameras and they said no. We went back out to look at the damage and it turns out it was a car that looked exactly like mine! They all got a good laugh out of that. The person was only parked two cars away from mine!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 01:35 PM   #4619
Stazon Splitcoast

Now there's a good reason to drive the wiener mobile!
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:36 PM   #4620
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello on damp and dreary day!

I signed on here just after 9AM and read the Media thread first, got sidetracked to a video on You Tube..........

I learned about dryer lint to start fires when a Girl Scout leader many years ago.  One tip- lint from cotton works the best. 

Catherine- glad you are safe- the fires up and down the West coast is shocking!  Oregon looks pretty bad, and I have a friend there that says she is in a level 2 threat- and they were told Level 2- pack up.  She posted it on Facebook that they were level 2 and has many offers to come stay at peoples homes.  
 That would be a dilemma- what to take!  I have all of my parents pictures- I intend to scan them and post to Dropbox for all of my siblings- better get on that!
 You are so very lucky your hubby is so very talented- my husband does not think he could replace a radiator.  He can fix the dryer and garbage disposal and the microwave though!  

Kandie- LOL your hubby is funny.  What do you think you would grab of you had 10 minutes or less to get out? 

Jean- We were in South Haven- on the North side of the pier. And, WOW- the water is so high!  And we were shocked by the amount of erosion that has occurred there, especially South of the lighthouse. 

Ann- were your son's needing to work with the power coming and going?  Hubby said he got word that in areas NW of us there were people having trouble with that as well, but they were in Illinois. 

Jan- glad you are out and about and enjoying - and do tell- have you been to the craft store?  So sorry about your GS breaking his collarbone. 

Jayne- are you off to travel today???

Off to watch Jeopardy for the 1st time this week- if I have a good day, I will be able to answer 3 or so questions!  LOL

Shelly
jan31, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #4621
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelley, I've been to South Haven. I love that side of the lake. My side is not as accessible.

One time I got into the wrong car at the mall. I had a white Buick LeSabre with blue interior. So did many people.. Door must have been unlocked, my key didn't fit the ignition. You've never seen anyone get out of a car so fast.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:47 PM   #4622
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkanackView Post
Shelley, I've been to South Haven. I love that side of the lake. My side is not as accessible.

One time I got into the wrong car at the mall. I had a white Buick LeSabre with blue interior. So did many people.. Door must have been unlocked, my key didn't fit the ignition. You've never seen anyone get out of a car so fast.

Jean, I did the same thing except the car was locked luckily! I had a Ford taurus and it seems there were lots of those around here. Another time I stood at the car pointing my key remote and pressing and I heard a click a couple of cars away, which is when I realized I was standing at the wrong car.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 06:20 PM   #4623
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I am giggling at the standing by the wrong car!! Too funny, and you wonder how many people have done it!

Old 09-11-2020, 07:58 PM   #4624
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

And Ann, we behave like a cat who was strolling along the kitchen counter behaving queenly and fell off, you know, kind of nonchalantly walking away from the wrong car and saying, yes, I meant to do that.  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:02 PM   #4625
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow lots of chat.  Jan sorry you’re DGS has broken his collarbone..poor poppet. Glad he’s still got his humour. I’m also intrigued as to when you are going shopping.

Jean, we don’t have to wear masks in our State but if we had to, we would.  We are home bodies and like Jan and her DH just go with the flow side by side.  I forgot Susan lived in Oregon..I so hope her and her family are ok. 

Shelly, we hit the road on Tuesday, back by Saturday..a short break but enough time to do what we want....well we hope so.

Catherine, my DH says he probably could put a radiator in if he was in a mechanics area and had all the tools...but he wouldn’t think about doing it now lol.

When I got my car, I went to a local shopping centre with a friend for coffee.  I parked it away from all the other cars.  When we were driving down the road I saw a piece of paper flapping around under my windscreen wiper.  I pulled over and it was an anonymous note saying that they had seen someone reverse into my car and given me the rego.  When I checked the back of my car it was dented on my side...goodness knows how I missed it.  I was distraught as I’d only had the car a week.  I filed a police report but found out later that if your car is damaged at a shopping centre there’s nothing they can do about it.  Fortunately when I took it to be repaired they said oh it’s ok, this bit is plastic and we just pop it back out and we can buff these marks out.  It came up like new. I was so happy but am always amazed that people can’t own up if they do something like that to someone else’s property.  I do have trouble finding my car when I park these days. I walk around pressing the key fob until I  see a car light up lol otherwise I try and park in the same spot when I go.

Kandie you sound as though you’ve had fun....lots of layers are good.  I laughed at your DH heading out and leaving you behind in an emergency lol.  We keep saying we must put a box together with important stuff in we can just pick up.  It would weigh a ton if I put everything in I wanted to save.

Ann, sorry you keep losing power. Hope your sting is better and your sons.

Glad you are back ok Shelly and had a nice time.  Waving To everyone else...where’s Sharon?

Now I’ve forgotten the rest of the chat.  I also have to hang our washing out.

I had a funny turn on our walk today.  DH made me sit on a bench for a while but my pulse was high which he says it shouldn’t have been. I’m feeling ok now but it took us twice as long to get home as he insisted we strolled back. Always something.

Happy weekend 

Last edited by Ozpom; 09-11-2020 at 08:26 PM..
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:05 PM   #4626
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, against my better judgment I checked my post office tracking info for the three gifts I mailed.  DD1, surprisingly, got hers on Wednesday (my receipt said Friday) and was thoughtful to send me a thank you text.  DB’s will arrive at his home tomorrow.  And DD2, she got hers Wednesday as well.  Not a peep from her.

I ordered two large pads of paper from Joann craft store online, which came today.  They were packed in a flattened box wrapped with packing tape.  I think the ups guy threw it like a frisbee because suddenly this flat thing was flying across the porch and landing with a THWAP!  Scared the dog and me too!

Old 09-11-2020, 08:07 PM   #4627
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, take it easy!

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:31 PM   #4628
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Kandie. I’m fine now. We have no idea what happened but I gave DH a bit of a scare. Enjoy your goodies and keep the box..could make a good splatter box or for MM lol.  I’m playing today.  I watched more of 103 last night and yep..fell asleep again...all righty lol. He says that a lot.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:50 PM   #4629
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh no, Jan, so sorry about your DGS, poor boy! And good for your DS helping that person whose car was damaged.

One time, I was in a parking lot and getting out of my car on a windy day. The wind was so bad that it snatched my car door out of my hand and made it bang into the car beside me, denting the door. So frustrating! I tracked down the car's owner and he was so happy that I had done that, rather than just drive off, that he wouldn't even take my insurance info!

Love the stories about the car mix-ups!

Unfortunately, I have heard today that they are determining that some of these horrible fires are the result of arson. I hadn't heard that at all this year, just that lightning started the fires.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:55 PM   #4630
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Uh-oh, be careful Jayne! 

Kandie, did your Simon order arrive? You may have said and I missed it.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:26 PM   #4631
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Catherine...I’m fine now and we aren’t sure what is going on.  Maybe I’m allergic to exercise *wink*

Jan, I forgot to say I was impressed that your DS helped out with the person whose car was damaged.  We need more kindness in the world.

I’m also thinking about Gracie and hoping that she’s ok.  She should be in AZ by now...maybe she’s sleeping or crafting to her little heart’s content.

That is where I am heading soon.  
Old 09-11-2020, 11:50 PM   #4632
Gallery Gazer

Morning, GS was trying g to open our bedroom door this morning, I opened it and I asked how he was feeling, he said it’s broken Nan! He had a restless night which was expected really but he’s coping, he went to the bathroom so I had to help him wash his one hand!

We once collected our son from the airport and Steve went to pay so I carried on to the car to put their luggage in the boot, when I pressed the clicker nothing happened so I kept trying to unlock the door, Steve arrived and asked why I was standing at the wrong car! I couldn’t move quick enough! 

Jayne you take care, hope you are ok now!

Our son was telling us last night when he rang how before the fires started he was woken up by horrendous lightening, he had the windows open and he said it was really cracking then the wind got up and blew some photos that were in frames off the chest of drawers near the window, he said the curtains were horizontal with the wind, it’s so bad the smoke where they are but thankfully no fires. His neighbour has a gadget that shows air pollution so he keeps texting to let him know how safe it is outside.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:51 PM   #4633
Gallery Gazer

Not sure when I will be going to the raft store yet, next week hopefully 
mcschmidty, lacyquilter, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:28 AM   #4634
Proud Fan Club Member

The raft store, Jan?  Is it raining there? (Wink)

Old 09-12-2020, 05:33 AM   #4635
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, yes my Simon order finally arrived.  The colors of the paints are so gorgeous, I kept picking up different containers and drooling over them.  Unfortunately I ordered the flip tops and meant to order the dabbers.  However, I’ve watched a couple of videos on Pinterest that I can do with the paints I received.  Looking forward to getting.... painty?  As opposed to inky, lol.

Jan, bless your little GS’s heart, he’s making the best of his situation.  And I’m glad your DS has a friend with a pollution monitor.  That will be a huge help!

Old 09-12-2020, 05:41 AM   #4636
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Be kind to your web footed friends, for they could be somebody's Mother, like me. I'm growing webs between my toes and fingers. Has barely stopped raining since Sunday. My grass was rather brown a few weeks, now the landlord can't cut it, it's so wet and bright green. I'm guessing CA and OR would love some of this rain. So sad.
I also had a Packer green Mercury Sable a few years ago, guy at work had the same color Taurus. I tried to get into his car and unfortunately he was in it. He had tinted windows, which I didn't and he is black, which is why I didn't see him. Fortunately we knew each other and had a good laugh. So embarrassing. He probably thinking 'that old lady Jean is losing it.'
Jayne, Jayne, Jayne....I would head to the doctor, I think.
I was supposed to get a card from Gracie around my birthday. I get a daily informed delivery email from USPS every day, with photos of the fronts of the mail. It was around August 8, got the email with the photo of her card, it has never appeared. It was scanned in Milwaukee so somewhere between there and my village which shares borders with Milwaukee, it disappeared. Can't trace it because it's just a card. Maddening.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:21 AM   #4637
Gallery Gazer

Ha,ha, didn’t see that spelling error!

Old 09-12-2020, 06:25 AM   #4638
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.

Jean, did you report your missing mail to the PO?  Those emails tell you that you can after about a week.

Kandie, I started watching a video by TH yesterday on his distress paints.  He explained why they are phasing out the daubers.  The daubers get hard after a while, and even he had issues with them.  I don't use paints very often, and I always had trouble with the daubers if they sat awhile, so I'm glad they switched to the flip top.  You could still use a sponge or even a blending tool if you want that look. 

Here's the link to his video.  His blog has lots of information on all his products.
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:46 AM   #4639
Gallery Gazer

We’ve been painting the hall stairs and landing while G.s went to the beach with his mum , he said he couldn’t climb the tree because he’s broken his arm you know! He did have bubblegum ice cream , I’m sure that helped then he came back and was shouting me, Steve asked why he wanted me , he wanted me to sit with him as we look at toy monsters on my iPad!!

Old 09-12-2020, 06:49 AM   #4640
Gallery Gazer

I have some paint daubers, I hadn’t used them for years until we started the MMJ challenge, the sponges were hard but eventually I got them working, I mainly use chalk paints from paperartsy although our local cheap shop has some acrylics now but not many colours.