Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-08-2020, 06:56 PM   #4561
Proud Fan Club Member

Lately, I have been watching junk journal ones.  Dearjulijulie junk journals.  I scrapbook a lot, so this is close to that except you use a lot of scraps, stash, and even recycled items.  
Somehow, I am hooked! LOL. What ones do you like, Linda?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-08-2020, 07:05 PM   #4562
Stazon Splitcoast

I am not in to scrapbook And I don't too many! So, I can't really answer your questions!

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Lately, I have been watching junk journal ones.  Dearjulijulie junk journals.  I scrapbook a lot, so this is close to that except you use a lot of scraps, stash, and even recycled items.  
Somehow, I am hooked! LOL. What ones do you like, Linda?
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-08-2020, 07:16 PM   #4563
Proud Fan Club Member

I like to watch the paper pixie, stamping with amore, Kelly Acheson(she just had covid!), Stamps n lingers, Chickn scratch, Brenda quintana, Connie Stewart, Dawn Griffith, Linda Parker, Lisa Curcio, Pootles, Sally Stampers, inkyfingers, just to name a few.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:24 PM   #4564
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I also like Dawn Griffith, and love Jennifer McGuire.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:55 PM   #4565
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! It has been a crazy day today. I had to leave early this morning to get DH to my office before I took the car to have the new tires put on. Then work and stayed late. Got home, DD2 wanted me to go with her to Staples to get school supplies, and then church board meeting. That was my day, run, run, run.

Of course, there were the phone calls from DH telling me that DD1's car is pretty much toast. We either need to get a new car or new engine for her car. Yikes! Then, before DD1 made it home from work, DD2 & I were almost home from Staples and DH called me to let me know that DD1 was stuck at a grocery store parking lot not far from our house because the van had steam pouring out from the engine. We went home, he went to her with our one running car, and finally got the van home. Apparently it needs a new radiator. When it rains, it pours. Poor DH! 

Oh, and DD1, who was so happy last week...that didn't last long. Oh the drama! Have I mentioned how thankful I am to not be at that stage of life? Having this happen with the van didn't help anything.

Apparently the entire west coast is on fire. My best friend in Oregon sent me a scary photo of the color of the sky from her house. Our air has been so terrible all day just due to smoke and boy it smelled like smoke all day. The poor firemen.

Enough about all of that! Are several of you going through withdrawals from DTGD?

Ann, I'm sorry to say I do not remember my first time driving alone. I was probably driving myself to work. My parents made me get my license because they were tired of driving me to work and picking me up. I completely understand that!

Safe travels, Gracie!

Kathy, the first thing I would wonder about your demo friend's DH is if the positive test result is legit or an error. I've been reading about more and more 1) false positives and 2) people who received notice they tested positive when they weren't even tested.

Good to have an update from Karen, thank you Ann and Shirl.

Old 09-08-2020, 11:10 PM   #4566
Gallery Gazer

Great to hear news from Karen, she sounds in good spirits.

We are going to the bank this morning and then have other things we need to buy, I have birthday cards to post too, I have a long list but nothing exciting!!

Neither of us slept very well last night, must be the excitement, ha,ha,
Old 09-08-2020, 11:17 PM   #4567
Gallery Gazer

Kathy that’s not good news for your friends DH if he’s just had an op, as. At Catherine says about false test results, we are reading about that here, months ago there was also a report of someone who had all the symptoms but tested negative three times!

Reports today that someone has had a allergic reaction to the vaccine so they’ve stopped tests for now, that’s always been my worry as I’m always ill after the flu injection. 
Old 09-09-2020, 01:45 AM   #4568
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine so sorry to hear that you are having problems with the van.  Was this the same vehicle that you had issues with before?  We also heard on the news about the fires in California...sounds awful.  Keep safe.  

I've not heard of people testing positive here and who hadn't had a test but have heard stories from other countries.  Jan, I hear that the UK is in a mess again with Covid and also Spain...is this correct?  

I went to the PO today to mail birthday cards and also a gift to a friend on this site (not an Alpha) as she sends me some stuff.  It seems that the US has now stopped mail from overseas unless it's paper.  I can send it but a small envelope now has to go as a parcel if it's not paper....it was a die.....and the cheapest parcel postage is $21.  It's practically nearly as much as the die so I shall wait until things improve.  It's cheaper for me to just order direct from an Aussie company and get them to mail it.  Crazy.  The UK was like this initially and only paper.  It is so disappointing and I don't know how much longer we are all going to have to live with this. 

We are fortunate we can travel within our State but it seems every man and his dog are doing the same thing so prices are exorbitant and you can't always get in anywhere.  Cafes/restaurants aren't always open as they can't get staff.  I said to DH this morning, why doesn't the Govt. just get those on social to go and work...the bludgers.  We had our local strawberry farm on tv yesterday saying that they can't get workers so they can't pick their fruit quick enough and half of it will go to waste which means there won't be supplies to the supermarkets and we are to expect prices to be high.  It seems ridiculous to me when there's young people...and older...sitting at home getting social money and saying they can't get work.  There is plenty of work out there and they are just plain lazy.  I wish the Govt would stop their payments and kick their butts out there into the real world.  If a person genuinely can't work then that's fine, but I hear so many stories of people who just say why should they work if our Govt is paying them to sit at home.  Ok...rant over.....moving on.

I also watch a lot of YouTube....too many different subscriptions to mention and now I've seen ones I don't watch on here LOL.  I used to watch JMcGuire all the time but rarely watch her.  Most of mine are on techniques/MM/journals these days.

Our local craft/fabric/homeware store has 50% off this week....my friend told me today whilst at catchup.  I was going to get some wool so I could teach DGD how to knit and also to darn DH's jumper that he keeps hassling me to do LOL.  Well did I just come out with that...nope......they had TH trinkets for half price, his papers and Kaisercraft dies from $4 - 12...oh my.  Crackle pastes for $7.50 and so on....wish I had seen their stuff before.  Then I had to stop at the craft store further up the road as I had forgotten a reinker for my pad the other day and ended up spending my $50 voucher she gave me last weekend on more inks and stuff after watching a TH class last night.  The lady in the store said to me you do know that he is always going to push R's products and you don't have to use those and just use what you have.  I said yes he did say that but I like their stuff.  Did I tell you how hopeless I am.

Kandie, I received a lovely envelope from you when I got home with papers in....such cool stuff...thank you.

Have a great day everyone and I am creating all day tomorrow...anyone on zoom let me know and if I'm up I will jump on.....Ann, Sharon, Catherine, Kathy, Annette, Melody, Kandie.....Shelly is away so won't bother her LOL.   Keep well everyone and happy creating
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:37 AM   #4569
Gallery Gazer

Jayne they are introducing more restrictions in the UK, only six people together, mostly about pups and restaurants I think, spain is on the up but not I think where we live , our friend said they had to hand in a form just before they got off the ferry in Spain and had to sit in their car and they came round to take temperatures then just showed passports as normal, he said they were an hour sat in their cars on the boat waiting to get off but no quarantine, yet!
Been out this morning, it was lovely to walk on the seafront, we bought a bacon sandwich and a coffee and sat in the car on the seafront, we had to wait ages to get in the bank and then couldn’t do what we wanted, told steve to ring!!
Went to the PO and postage has gone up here, one card was going to cost £5. So I’m posting it from home as it’s cheaper, honestly it’s extortionate for postage. She did say it was thicker than normal, that’s with being homemade I guess!

It’s confusing as you only have to wear a mask here if you are in a shop, in Spain it’s all the time so I’m struggling and Steve kept saying you don’t need a mask on, thank goodness as it was a lovely day for a walk. Just got back before GS went to school but he did t want to go, he fell and banged his head yesterday so not sure if that’s what has upset him, anyway our son is working from home so he took him on his shoulders so he was smiling when he left, waving and saying See you later alligator!
Old 09-09-2020, 06:55 AM   #4570
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!  Ann, thank you for the update on Karen!  I received the loveliest birthday card from her yesterday!

Kathy, so sorry to hear about your BFF’s DH and the positive reading.  I’m not sure anymore who is positive and who is negative, because half the tests seem to be wrong.  And just checking with temperatures, when I have the flu I have a temp, and with colds as well, so how can a high temp reading mean a positive virus result?  No one has a clue, I think.

Sharon, I had a total blast doing my junk journal.  So much fun doing something that has no rules, lol.  And videos?  I too have never watched so many.  Like Jayne, most of mine are on mixed media, but I see something advertised that looks fun and I’m off on a tangent again!

Gracie, travel prayers for your return to AZ!

Catherine, car problems must be spreading.  DH went to drive his old van to work and the brakes went to the floor.  He had me drive to the repair shop in front of him as a buffer and also to watch for cross traffic.  We drove so slow, and took back roads.  He managed to get into a parking spot by turning the van off and coasting.

The next day one of the mechanics got in the van to pull it into a service bay.  He put it in reverse and backed out of the parking spot and discovered he couldn’t stop it.  He turned off the van and jumped out, ran into the service center and said I’m not driving that van in here, it has no brakes!!!  And the manager sighed (he’s a friend of DH’s and told him this) and told the mechanic, that’s why the van is here to be repaired, you idiot!

Ah yes, the days of drama. Get used to it, Catherine.  My DDs are in their 40s now and are still drama queens, lol.

Jan, is your confinement almost over?!!!

Jayne, reference your rant, you are preaching to the choir, as they say here, meaning you aren’t ranting about anything new, we entirely agree with you, and DH goes off at least once a week on that subject!

Off to see if any packages are coming in today’s USPS daily email!  One can only hope!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:01 AM   #4571
Gallery Gazer

Yes Kandie our first day of freedom, feel quite worn out, must be the excitement of it all

Jayne I feel the same about career doleys, should be made to do menial work, some have never worked but brag that they get more money than workers, no wonder they are all floating across the channel to be given pocket money and food and put up in four star hotels, there’s been marches in Dover protesting about the government doing nothing, makes me fuming, yet we are English and still pay taxes in england but can’t even have a savings account that gets interest as we live in Spain.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:37 AM   #4572
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Jayne, I so agree if people can work let them work at something.  This world is going crazy!!

Jan, so good to hear you are out and about!

Kandie, the junk journaling sounds fun but not sure I can do it! Don't have a lot of the stuff and no old books to use.

Years ago we went through all the old school books here and got rid of them!  

Sharon, has me interested though, as she showed me all the wonderful pages she has already done! Awesome job!
Old 09-09-2020, 08:36 AM   #4573
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hi Ladies
 Popping in for a quick hello to all!  We are about 2 1/2 hours from home, in a cottage by Lake Michigan.  I Lysol'ed it very well when we arrived : )  Just one bedroom and bathroom, so pretty small- its advertised as 2-4 and I think 4 would really be pushing it here!

The weather here is a little chilly and there were a couple of periods of rain yesterday. We did check out the radar and walked to the downtown when it was OK and also grilled out steaks : )  I did not buy anything downtown.

My brother and SIL are very sick with Covid- she tested negative, but most likely tested too early.  My brother is positive and at first just had terrible muscle cramping and joint aching, but now has respiratory congestion and luckily has a nebulizer at home. 

Even though I am retired from nursing, I still keep up on the medical literature.  There are many problems that are being seen in people who have had Covid- lighter cases or severe that recover.  The virus seems to target all of the vital organs- lungs heart, kidneys and many lingering issues from neuro (brain- cognition, dizziness, depression, etc). 

I read yesterday about a saliva test that is being used at some of the colleges and it seems more accurate than the swab testing- we'll see as more are tests and trials are . 

Yes, my brother said people on public aid have to apply for jobs while getting the $$$, but in his estimation, they need jobs where they make $70,000 to equal food stamps and the aid and all of the perks....  He runs the 911 call center now and has a terrible time getting good help because of that. The Ill Dept of Public health had the employees at the 911 call center write down 2 x's a day- their temps and how they are feeling, so will be easily able to trace where he has been and trace where he got it.  (He and his wife both went to the dentist a day apart).

I have not found any craft/stamp type items in the stores here- looks like folds around here must order everything online. 

Off to eat and today, will rent bikes and hit the 35 mile bike trail : )

Shelly
AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:48 AM   #4574
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh Shelly, saying prayers for your brother and SIL! 

I am trying to decide whether to go to the dentist this month.  My cleaning appointment is later in the month!  
Old 09-09-2020, 09:29 AM   #4575
Proud Fan Club Member

My bff got tested the morning but no results yet. Since her DH I positive we really expect her to be too. They both feel very achy and sick so I'm sure it isn't false positives. And they both started with it right after his colonoscopy. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:22 PM   #4576
Proud Fan Club Member

Question.,.nothing to do with cards! 

Can I make vegetable soup in my aluminum turkey fryer? I will be adding tomato juice to the soup and I've always thought there was some reason to not cook tomato stuff in aluminum. I'm planning to make c big pot when the weather gets cold but that turkey fryer is the biggest kettle I have and we will be cooking it outside on that burner

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:24 PM   #4577
Proud Fan Club Member

Not sure Kathy. Did you google it?

I just had my teapotter card returned to me from Tana Fass. She was the one that fell and broke her shoulder whilst trying to rescue her kitty from the roof. I had the right address so not sure what is wrong.

Shirl
Old 09-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #4578
Proud Fan Club Member

I tried Google but my question is too specific. 

Maybe your card needed more postage?

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 04:19 PM   #4579
Proud Fan Club Member

I don't think so. It is the same as I always put on my cards to the U.S. and they have all gone through. Linda (bubblestx4) posted that it had happened to her on cards she had sent to her daughter and nephew and said she re sent them and they got through. She thought sometimes it happens when there is a substitute delivery person on the route.

Shirl
Old 09-09-2020, 06:51 PM   #4580
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, you might want to notify Sabrina about what happened. That is so weird!
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:55 PM   #4581
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Ann, I posted on the teapotter thread for the particular challenge about my dilemma.  I am sure she will see it at some point. I hope!

Shirl

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:56 PM   #4582
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! Having DH come with me to work is messing up my morning routine! That's OK though, if it is helping him feel better by getting out of the house. This morning our air quality was wonderful, tonight, not so much. 

I have friends in CA and OR both who are evacuated due to fires. I got a text today that a friend in OR had just put on level 1 evac notice which means he needs to be ready to go at a moment's notice. 

Kandie, how are your Red Bluff friends doing?

Jan, I'm so glad you are able to be out and about now! And yikes about the postage!

Jayne, I SO agree with you about employment (or lack thereof). DD1 would have made more money if she had stayed home from work but she didn't want to stay home! And the two weeks she took off was too long of a break for her.

Yes, the van is the one that we had quite a bit of work done on it a year or so ago. Poor thing is old. DH thinks his drive to his hike last Saturday is what did the radiator in. Poor guy is out there pulling it right now, in the dark.

The thing with the testing is that we know of some nurses who were going to get tested on their lunch break. They completed the paperwork but it was taking too long so they left to go back to work with NO test administered. Then they received notice in the mail that they were positive! Um...excuse me? Something went wrong there!

Kandie, sorry about your car trouble. But thank you for writing it in such an amusing way. DH, DD1, and I all chuckled over it!

Ann, are you and your DS fine from your stings?

Praying for your brother and SIL, Shelly.

Ann, I cancelled my dental appointment because I didn't feel like dealing with it.

Kathy, this is what I found when I googled about cooking tomatoes in an aluminum pot: Do not use an aluminum pot, pan or utensil when cooking tomatoes. ... Using aluminum makes the cooked tomatoes more bitter and fades the color. The dish will also absorb some of the aluminum and the acid in the tomatoes can pit and discolor the aluminum cookware.

Shirl, there wasn't any stamp letting you know why it was returned? We sometimes get that info when something is returned in the US.

I guess I should get off here and go clean the kitchen. Chat with you later!
Old 09-09-2020, 08:20 PM   #4583
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Catherine. That's what I was thinking. I only add a little tomato juice but still... Maybe I can just use a large granite kettle. I can't remember what I used before!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 08:29 PM   #4584
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, yes there was a stamp saying: Return to Sender, undeliverable as addressed, unable to forward......

Kathy, I hope you find a big enough pot that will work!

Shirl
Old 09-09-2020, 08:35 PM   #4585
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, I have a kettle that I think has an enamel finish that's pretty big, but I usually make soup in my slow cooker.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 09-09-2020, 09:51 PM   #4586
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I don’t make my junk journals using books...unless it’s one that’s fallen apart.  I can’t bear to tear books.  I use cereal packets or just large CS glued together...it just has to be sturdy.  They do take time and I don’t have a lot of that at present.  If I get distracted I will never keep on top of challenges LOL.

Shelly so sorry to hear that your DB and SIL are still sick...it sounds as though they may have picked it up from the dental appointment.  Hope they recover quickly.  We have also read about the ongoing problems after recovering from Covid.  One young girl over East had Covid early in the year and she is still having issues and cannot walk far without having lung problems.  It’s a worry.  

I haven’t had mail returned but when I sent something to my sis she told me they had to pay some taxes as the amount of the gift was over the amount.  I now never put more than $50 as I know it will incur taxes at the other end...not that I spend that much LOL.  If I am going to spend more I always order directly online and get the supplier to ship it.  We now don’t send gifts as with postage it just got too expensive to/from Europe.  

Today is craft day....my plans didn’t happen yesterday so today is it.  Have fun

Old 09-09-2020, 11:52 PM   #4587
Gallery Gazer

Jayne our son sent us a package  from SF a few years ago and we had to pay €29, I tend to send things through amazon etc although sometimes they charge tax if it’s amazon.com for some reason, mainly we give them cash saves paying postage, the middle GS likes to spend his money but eldest never does, our son told middle GS that his brother had more savings so now he saves every dollar he gets, ha,ha,
I’m posting their cards today and our son will put the money in when they arrive for their birthdays, we always leave money there for birthdays , Christmas and emergencies 

Catherine our DIL sent a message last night to say that it was midday but was so dark from smoke it was dark like night.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:16 AM   #4588
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan I do that too..I leave cash for my Sis to put into the kids cards. We only give now when it’s a special birthday once they turn 18...21, etc.

I’ve uploaded some cards, done my sample for WTUI for next week and now going to do the V card. Gosh uploading takes forever. Sometimes I just can’t be bothered lol....I’m impatient.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:48 AM   #4589
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Pick me up off the floor...oh my as Jean would say....Shelly, I’ve just been to our letterbox and received your package. Thank you so so much.  It’s all gorgeous. Keep well and have a wonderful day.  Now I’m going to drool......

Last edited by Ozpom; 09-10-2020 at 03:19 AM..
mcschmidty, jkanack, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:43 AM   #4590
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Kathy, I have a kettle that I think has an enamel finish that's pretty big, but I usually make soup in my slow cooker.

I usually make my soup in a four quart pan but this is going to be cooked outside using my turkey fryer burner. I'm feeding family. It was a request from my BIL when I last talked to him. I had made some a couple of years ago and he said it was the best vegetable soup he'd ever had. Luckily I wrote down everything I added to the kettle. I will make it when the weather is cooler and we can still stay distant.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:51 AM   #4591
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lost all my typing, we are losing power every few minutes!
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:13 AM   #4592
Gallery Gazer

I’ve been to the PO this afternoon, sent GSs birthday and Halloween cards so they might have a chance of actually getting there, I also posted three birthday cards, the lady put stamps on when I told her they were going abroad for birthdays as they were Rupert bear, she even stamped them with the whitstable stamp. What a palaver though, I had to wait outside until they buzzed to say I could go in but a man was renewing his passport but had filled the form in wrongly so she did on the computer, had to take his photo etc, etc, why do I always get behind someone who does something complicated!
Old 09-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #4593
Stazon Splitcoast

Question dose this happen to you?
I set around be broad but, has soon has I go trying figure something out. Or find stuffed to pass time. Everything fall apart or everyone in town wants you all of sudden. It been one of those day LoL 
Old 09-10-2020, 06:48 PM   #4594
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello to everyone from smoky Northern California. The air quality here is terrible but I think it is better than where your son lives, Jan. I saw some scary photos of the sky over in the bay area.

What a troubling time. This morning I found out that a friend in OR lost her home to fire. They are all safe but their home didn't survive. I think she lives more in central Oregon. I have friends who are evacuation notice, still don't know if they'll have to evacuate or not.

If you think of it, please pray for my family friend, Gordon. His wife just died of cancer.

Quiet on here today.

Ann, I hope your power situation got better.

Our church is scheduled to have a craft fair - outside - in a couple of weeks and I've been trying to decide if I'll have a booth or not. I think I sold about $150 or so in cards last time I did it. But, it is going to be outside (of course) and there is no telling how hot or smoky it will be then.

We should have the new radiator for the van tomorrow and DH can drop it in. Then we'll be back to two vehicles.

That is curious, Shirl, about the returned tea pot envelope. I wonder if everyone's is being returned?

That is a wonderful compliment to your soup, Kathy!

I'm so glad to be home. I seem to be away from the house longer now that DH is going to work with me. It also disrupts my morning routine, but it seems to be helping him to go down and work there so I'm happy to do it.

Unfortunately, I have to go in tomorrow to finish up some projects - and also pick up the new radiator. Perhaps I can get a hair cut squeezed in there somewhere too!
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:11 PM   #4595
Gallery Gazer

Catherine, last night our son showed his dad out the window and you couldn’t see across the valley for smoke and in the newspaper they were showing a photo of the Golden Gate Bridge, everything looked red from the fires, our DIL said it’s like nighttime in the day.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:15 PM   #4596
Gallery Gazer

We passed a car boot sale yesterday in a field, I’m not sure I would want to buy other people’s stuff with all the virus going around, not sure how safe it is.

One supermarket here had no sanitiser the other had one for the cart and one for hands!

Not the kids are back at school it’s mainly seniors walking around, the weather is still sunny so it’s good to be put and about
Old 09-10-2020, 11:59 PM   #4597
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I've been commenting on DTGD galleries...trying to do one gallery per day.  I might still be going at Xmas LOL.  

Sorry that your friends lost their home Catherine but good to hear that they are safe.  I don't know what I would do if we lost ours...not the house but things belonging to my parents, grandmother, GGM...I couldn't replace those but small thing compared to lives that are sometimes lost.  Sorry about your friend who has lost his DW too....life is so fragile and short.  Your DH sounds as though he's going to be busy on the van.  I wouldn't want to go back to 1 vehicle although DH tells me it will only be a matter of time...mmm!

Jan, hope your son and family stay safe.  

Time for me to create...I've been waiting for DH to return as I had all the windows/doors open as it's a beautiful day here and didn't want to be away creating where I can't see/hear.  

Waving to you all.  Happy weekend and creating.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:10 AM   #4598
Gallery Gazer

It’s so awful people losing their homes, as you say Jayne it’s the mementos that you lose too.

Old 09-11-2020, 05:12 AM   #4599
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, happy Friday, and for those of us in the States, let’s take a moment to remember 9/11, all those who perished, all the men and women who worked tirelessly during the rescue and recovery.  DH and I were remembering this morning where we each were when we heard about the first plane.  Our memories are very clear of that day.  Hard to believe it’s been 19 years.

Melody, thank you for the Marjie Kemper sites.

Catherine, our friends in Red Bluff say their sky is absolutely black.  Their RV is filled will the important papers and stuff, and things for the dogs, and has been delivered to a friends home in case of evacuation.  Their car is ready with more things, so they can leave at a moment’s notice.  

I’m so sorry to hear about your friends losing their home.  DH said if he ever had to leave like that, he’d grab his gun and go.  I said he’d have to come back for me because I’d have to get the dog, the dog’s leash, the dog food, my important papers, my favorite clothes, my mother and father’s photos, things that have memories, sigh, two days later I’d still be piling stuff out in the yard to take with me.

Jayne, I was watching a video on a mixed media technique and when I saw the list of supplies I cracked up.  The base of her project was cardboard from an Amazon box, lol.

I was watching a video of a lady creating a front and back cover for her journal.  She did a crocodile-type stencil with texture paste on one, and just smeared thick and thin swirls on the other. I was trying to follow along, even at half speed, but had to mute the sound because she had some orchestral music blaring, and what products she was using floated across the screen in real light color, so I had problems reading them.  She used SO many different products, none of which I had except Distress inks, and I tried to use what I had but they didn’t do the same things as hers, you know what I mean?  Then I discovered I was using the wrong base for what she was coloring!  Oh my.  I hated how it turned out so I smeared white acrylic paint all over everything, of which all the stains and sprays underneath bled through into a lovely pastel look.  I said, hmmmmm, and when it was dry again I sprayed it with Perfect Pearls pearl powder and water, and now it’s a beautiful 5x7 canvas with literally about 10 layers on it!  I have no idea what I’ll do with it.  And the other base is still sitting on my table, staring at me and saying, but what about me, lol.

Hello to everyone, and I wish you a lovely day for whatever plans you have.  It’s 58 here and cloudy, but DH is getting ready to go to work on a sale, so I plan to run to the craft room as soon as he leaves!

Old 09-11-2020, 05:33 AM   #4600
Proud Fan Club Member

I should paste this in my craft area so I won’t get so frustrated, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
fddbe1b4-44c3-4678-ad89-b177eb1c3680.jpeg  

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, jan31 and 3 others like this post.