Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-06-2020, 08:10 PM   #4521
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl, what a marvelous day you had!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and shirlb19 like this post.
Old 09-07-2020, 12:20 AM   #4522
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello!

I have read up on posts- and just dropping in before bed- we are off to a little get away for a few days in Michigan- a little cottage right on the lake with a private beach.  I have my Lysol ready to disinfect when we arrive- all of the doorknobs, etc.... LOL  The weather is not looking the best, but that is OK : )  

I have watched 4 episodes of Ozarks....  it is creepy!  LOL

We visited with friends- very good social distancing -tonight- for a couple of hours. We have known each other since the kids were in Kindergarten- and they are all now 31-32......  The hostess made us peaches on the grill- oh goodness- delicious!

I may not check in until we get back Thursday night!
Have a great week!

Shelly
lacyquilter, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-07-2020, 12:39 AM   #4523
Gallery Gazer

Have a great time Shelly on your trip.

We take fish oils as they are supposed to help joints, I bruise easily so I wouldn’t know any difference really. Steve takes meds for cholesterol although he’s never had a problem and taking the fish oils hasn’t made any difference when he is tested yearly.

Our son has been lucky that they haven’t had any power cuts but his friend who lives about two miles away has had two eight hour cuts. Our son has a generator from last year but has now bought something that can run the TV and charge computers etc, his workplace gave him €250 dollars towards it as he is working from home until at least next March. He is really set up with gas bottles for cooking, he even has dried food as he always keeps supplies in case of an earthquake or disaster, keeps some cash for gas in case the card machines don’t work, he is a bit obsessed really, LoL, he used to worry about being at work and not being able to get to the boys at school, he was talking about buying a motorbike to get through traffic but I pointed out he couldn’t get tow boys on it anyway!

I’m still waiting for a sweatshirt and one small ink, we see delivery vans around here non stop, I think everyone is shopping online, even private cars deliver it seems, some stuff on amazon seem to take two months to deliver so you know they are from China, I avoid those as I’ve experienced one order that took three months to arrive and then they had the cheek to ask how pleased I was, I couldn’t resist a sarcastic comment as I didn’t get them until our son came over for a visit!
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-07-2020, 01:12 AM   #4524
Gallery Gazer

Shelly every night when we watch Ozarks we wonder how many killings there will be, that creepy couple who grow poppies are pure evil, I very often have my hands over my eyes LOL
Old 09-07-2020, 03:42 AM   #4525
Proud Fan Club Member

I don't get Ozarks, but I watch the walking dead. Its eerily familiar with the virus stuff. I think what is most interesting is that you cannot say a regular cast person won't die because they are popular. This show kills off major people each season and when they kill them off, the only way you might see them again is in flashbacks or if you didn't really see them die. I rewatched the entire nine seasons at least twice. Currently they are running season ten episodes while we wait for the finale that wasn't able to air because of the coronavirus. That finale will air October 4th. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-07-2020, 03:46 AM   #4526
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Shelly every night when we watch Ozarks we wonder how many killings there will be, that creepy couple who grow poppies are pure evil, I very often have my hands over my eyes LOL

LOL...you make me laugh.  We found it hilarious even with that creepy couple..wait until you get to the 3rd series...now that is creepy 
Old 09-07-2020, 03:49 AM   #4527
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly enjoy your trip.  

Kandie, bubble wrap required today?  I hope that your order arrives...I never understand the post either.

I drink tonic water...with gin...still get cramps LOL but I will try anything once.  I started my magnesium.  I used to take fish oil tablets regularly but stopped...can't remember why now but I wouldn't notice bruising as I bruise easily anyway.

Yay to a generator Catherine.

I made 2 xmas card panels and one butterfly card today at our craft group....loved the way we did the xmas cards after watching a youtube video.  I will finish them tomorrow and then get back to all the challenges I'm behind with....gosh how to keep up.  I don't know how our Ann does it.

Annette, congrats...I saw that you were one of the winners on the CAS challenge.

Happy day everyone

Old 09-07-2020, 05:32 AM   #4528
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone.  15 degrees warmer today than last week.  It’s been in the 50s. Shelly, have fun at your cottage, and I hope you don’t get the rain we are expecting for the next three days!

Jan, I ordered a pair of fancy shoes from an advertiser on here (at the side of our posts), they took forever to arrive, and when they did arrive, they stunk so bad.  DH said it was the rubber in the soles, and that they must have been boxed up for a long time.  They did come from China.  They never did stop smelling, so I finally threw them away.

Annette, congratulations!

Catherine, yay you got a generator!!!

Jayne, I’ve never had a gin and tonic, but DH and I both notice that most of the British mysteries we like to watch feature well-dressed men and women, and they all are smoking and having G&Ts, lol.

Looking forward to seeing your cards!  I’m going to play at ATCs today, as I found a site, Margie Kemper?, I may have the name wrong, with tutorials on several bg techniques.  Unfortunately they are not videos.

I think my noggin is back to normal, I can’t feel the dent in my forehead anymore!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:34 AM   #4529
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.

Kandie, yes -- Marjie does a lot with distress inks - beautiful stuff.

Her website.

Her YouTube.

Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Last edited by lacyquilter; 09-07-2020 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: sorry, corrected the links.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:29 AM   #4530
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Looks like it is going to be another day of strange light outside. That is how it was all day yesterday, I don't like it! Today is supposed to be another warm one - forecast high for today is 102. Tomorrow's forecast high is supposed to be 89 - I like that MUCH better.

Yes, I am thankful DH was able to get a generator. What they were out of is the wheel kit for it, so it is difficult to move, though not too bad with DH and I carrying it together. I'm just thankful the important part (generator) was available! Today DH will get fuel, oil, and fuel stabilizer for it so we'll be ready to go if the power is shut off.

Jan, it sounds like your son is very well prepared. I'm terrible about preparing for it, I really should change that with how many acres of CA have burnt this year.

Shirl, I have always had much better luck with UPS than FedEx, which is strange to me.

Have a lovely time on your getaway, Shelly.

I have not watched Ozarks or Walking Dead...

Kandie, I hope you get your package today. Yes, I have even seen the post office out delivering on Sundays which is always a strange sight to me.

I'm still working on commenting on DTGD cards. I'm beginning to think I'll never get it done!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:34 AM   #4531
Proud Fan Club Member

Ours didn't have wheels either. We bought some wheels and fastened them to some plywood and made our own cart to move it

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 09-07-2020, 10:01 AM   #4532
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!  

Kandie, so sorry you hit your head!  Hope it is much better today.

I got stung by a wasp also, in my right side right in the bra line! OUCH it still hurts and is a big red lump!  

Catherine, so glad you were able to get a generator!! I have always wanted one even though outages do not happen to often. But we have had them and of course the cold weather and loosing all the food in the freezers is not fun!

Shelly, enjoy your trip! Stay safe!

Kathy, I have never watched the Walking Dead, I get nightmares from scary shows and always somehow involves my children in similar situations as what I have watched.

Around here it seems Amazon orders are coming much quicker.  Weird! 

I'm washing sheets and cleaning today, no crafting I think till tomorrow when the weather is going to be bad with rain coming in.
mcschmidty and jan31 like this post.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:02 AM   #4533
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all,

Sunny here and we did not get the wind yesterday that was forecasted. Yay!

LOL, The Walking Dead is way creepy. Kathy, do you mean you don't understand Ozark or just that you can't actually get Netflix which is what it is on.

Thanks Melody for the links.

Shelly Travelling Mercies!

Kandie did those shows smell like moth balls by any chance? China seems to like using them in products, I have noticed. Glad your head is better.

I am making a spinach, onion and goat cheese crustless quiche. I dislike buying bagged spinach. There is always pieces in it that are off. Last time I bought fresh spinach and it was better.

Jayne, I take magnesium capsules but I want to get some that is liquid to take next, as apparently it is better than the capsules.

Annette, I have not seen what Jayne is mentioning, but congrats!

Catherine, have been praying against your power being turned off.

Shirl

Old 09-07-2020, 11:16 AM   #4534
Proud Fan Club Member

Heart

Shirl. I don't have Netflix so I can't get it. I'm not sure I'd watch anyway. I already watch The walking Dead and fear The walking Dead so I don't think I need any more scary things to watch. The walking Dead fascinates me because of the virus storyline. There are some episodes I don't like watching again, but while binging I have watched every single episode.  Anotherthing that fascinates me is that humans are more of a threat than the walkers! 

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 11:16 AM   #4535
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It's working, Shirl! I just checked their website and found that the PSPS has been cancelled for our address. Yay! But, believe it or not, CA fire season is October and November, so I'm still glad we got a generator. 

DH and DD2 just left for DD2 to hang out with friends at the mall. I'm not sure what that will look like with Covid protections in place. Of course, she could have driven down by herself but she didn't want that to be her first solo drive plus she needed some money, so DH went with her.

Oh yes, congrats to Annette! (I also haven't seen it, need to go look to see what it is about.)

Kathy, DH is pretty sure he can get the wheel kit from them for less that he could buy wheels and make his own cart. That is his plan.

Ouch, Ann, and what a place to have it happen!
Old 09-07-2020, 11:21 AM   #4536
Proud Fan Club Member

The wheels were $3 at Walmart and we had the plywood so really only cost us $12 and we know it's heavy enough to hold the generator. Even though the PSPS has been cancelled you won't have to worry about finding a generator when you do need one! 

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, cdimick and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-07-2020, 12:55 PM   #4537
Proud Fan Club Member

We are now getting the 60-70 km winds a day late.  A transformer just blew in the neighbourhood, but power came right back on.

Shirl
Old 09-07-2020, 01:48 PM   #4538
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the congrats, ladies! I haven't seen it either so will have to check it out.

Ann, I hope you're feeling better after your sting.

Kandie, I'm glad your head is better.

Heading out with DH to geocache soem more. Have a great day!

My Gallery
Old 09-07-2020, 02:09 PM   #4539
Proud Fan Club Member

I love geocaching! Haven't done it in a while but I have over 220 finds. I hid two, but had to make them inactive because someone stole my container on one and the bridge where the other was hid has had the railing removed.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-07-2020, 03:03 PM   #4540
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, that sounds like my letterboxing.  I have had five planted, and only two left.  Vandals, or one was lost in a flood.  Two of them were replanted, then vandals again!
I haven’t had a find in a couple of years!  Just none around here.  Most we found on trips.
It was fun.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:22 PM   #4541
Proud Fan Club Member

What site do you use for clues? If I understand it correctly you don't need a GPS for letterboxing.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:08 PM   #4542
Stazon Splitcoast

anyone out there to chat with ?I am broad, and I wanted too chat.
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #4543
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the links Melody. I found her on YouTube too.

Catherine that is how I felt last year and it ended up being an unenjoyable experience. I will only comment on a few and only those people I know this year.  I need to create...I am so behind on challenges.  I may disappear for a few days ladies so I can catch up.  I spend so much time commenting on this site I lose track of time lol.

Ann, ouch..hope you are ok...what a spot to have a sting.  How’s your son now?
I had a lump come up under my chin yesterday whilst crafting. Thought it was an allergic reaction. By last night it was itching like hell and during the night and now is a red rash. I’ve put some cream on it and the head of the lump is now crusty. I must have been bitten or something. Honestly always something but small things. Ann or Shirl have you heard from Karen?  I had an email a couple of weeks ago and wondered how she’s going.  Always thinking of her.  I have another card to send to her today.

I did my October birthdays yesterday..a few. Need to get to the PO and remember not to speed lol.

Happy treasure hunting Annette and anyone else who is doing it.

Kathy, hows your parents going and particularly your dad?

I’m back on my low carbs diet..determined I will get into my bathers before our trip up north in November. 

Today, I’m catching up on Challenges.  Hugs to you all.

Old 09-07-2020, 09:35 PM   #4544
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I think I have finished commenting on DTGD cards. Did I do all of them? No. I did all of them in my challenge. For the others, I tried to do all of your cards and then any others that caught my eye. Probably didn't comment on even half of them. I don't know, there were a lot of entries this year which is fabulous!
Old 09-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #4545
Stazon Splitcoast

I have to admit that I didn't comment on any DTGD challenges this year.  I really admire all of you that managed to do that.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-07-2020, 11:09 PM   #4546
Gallery Gazer

Jayne it’s funny you should ask after Karen, last night I thought I should ask Shirl if she had any more news, I couldn’t get to sleep so all sorts was winging its way around my brain!

We assembled GS s new bed yesterday, he had his first afternoon at school and his mattress arrived in a box, I didn’t believe it was a mattress until DIL Opened the box, anyway the three of us put it together, Steve reading the instructions and the two of us sticking dowels in and the holding the parts together while steve put the bolts and screws in, just as we were half way our son arrived back from London so he carried on while DIL went off to collect JJ.
By the time they came home we had the bed all made up with the new bedding, he was so pleased with his big boys bed, of course he decided to roll around in the duvet pretending to be a hot dog so it didn’t stay tidy for long! It was a chaotic day as the painter was outside and the plumber was here fitting a heated towel rail and servicing the boiler, mess in every room.
Our last day indoors! Steve says tomorrow is forecast rain, I told him, nothing will keep me in tomorrow even if I have to walk in the rain! LOL

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-08-2020, 07:20 AM   #4547
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Rain here as well today and currently it is on 54 degrees.  

Annette, sounds like fun, your searching for clues!!  

Yes, Kathy, how is your dad doing? Was thinking of them to yesterday.

Hope Shelly is enjoying her trip with this cool weather.

Catherine, I so remember my first drive alone in my car!  I drove to work and left my keys in the car.  I always drove with my mom and handed her keys back to her for her car.  I remembered as soon as I got into work and ran out and got them and locked up my 1964 Chrysler Newport! It was pink and white with push button transmission. Cost an entire $250.00, but I had my own car before I was 16 and took my test on it! 

Such fun memories!  And also proves I am old since where can you get a car for that amount of money!

Off to feed the dogs and look at challenges.  
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-08-2020, 07:22 AM   #4548
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I skimmed the chat and will comment later, maybe tomorrow while I'm waiting at the airport to go back to AZ. Hi to all and hope everyone stays healthy this fall!!!

I've been visiting family and busy getting ready to leave, so I haven't been crafting lately or visiting SCS site much. I can't wait until I get settled in Arizona so I can play and chat again!

Rainy, cold, dreary day here...so off to do some more organizing and packing. Have a great day all.

I've been wondering about how Karen is doing too. I sent her a card a week ago, I must do so again!
Old 09-08-2020, 08:48 AM   #4549
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for asking about Dad. Mom decided to take him a ride in his wheelchair but her Lane is Stone and my driveway is Stone. The only paved road she had what is the short distance between the two. She said it was pretty easy to push him but I told her it was going to be a different story pushing him up the lane to go home and I know it was. I would have helped but by the time I would get my shoes on and get over there sheet of already had him home. I told her next time to let me know and I'll go along and help push she has the electric chair but has trouble controlling it and we would have to walk alongside him to make it move. I told her she should never have purchased it but she thought he would use it more. He seem to get worse after it was delivered.my niece put together a box full of activities for him to do and she comes out a couple times a week to work with him. He seems to do those activities pretty well. He talks to himself quite a bit and he waves to everyone who drives up the lane when he is out sitting on the porch. Mom gave him some food the other day and then wondered how he ate it so quickly and found he had tossed it over the railing!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 10:07 AM   #4550
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning everyone,

I did hear from Karen.   She told me the Drs. had not seen her for a week and that they told her they saw improvement. She said her and Mark did not notice anything cause they see each other every day. They told her her function would return on the right side. Right now, though she said her right side does not work at all. And she is dealing with nausea, migraines and dizziness. She said she is still her fat and sassy self, lol.
She said this hobby is motivating her to get better. I was so happy to hear from her. 

As Ann would probably say, keep the cards coming.

Shirl
Old 09-08-2020, 10:17 AM   #4551
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Gracie! I was thinking your birthday is coming up and wonder how long it will take a card to get sent to you from me. I think I should mail your card sooner rather than later.

Kathy, thanks for the update on your Dad. This must be so hard.

Ann, it was fun to hear about your first car! You definetly had girl colors!

Ooh, Jan,,,,,will you get to shop tomorrow?

Sunny today and will continure for at least the next 7 days they say. Going out for a walk soon.

Jayne good luck with the low carb. Ha, I first typed card, lol....

hugs to all
Shirl
mcschmidty, jan31, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:27 PM   #4552
Proud Fan Club Member

No card class this week. My BFF demo friend's DH tested positive for covid today. He just tested negative before his colonoscopy last week so I'm wondering if he got it at the surgery center?

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 01:51 PM   #4553
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy seem like your have a hard time those days sorry for all trouble laterly..

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
No card class this week. My BFF demo friend's DH tested positive for covid today. He just tested negative before his colonoscopy last week so I'm wondering if he got it at the surgery center?
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:39 PM   #4554
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, Shirl for the update on Karen.  It must be so hard.  She sounds like she is in good spirits, though.

Kathy,I don’t know how your mom does it, or how she would do it without you.  That is nice your niece stops by, and he responds to her.  And to answer your question, letterboxes amd clues are at AtlasQuest.com
The box usually has a logbook for you to stamp your signature stamp in, and a stamp for you to stamp in your logbook. You have to bring the ink.and if you register on the site, then you can log your finds on there.

Ann, how neat you had a pink car!  I never drove until after I had kids, then never had my very own car until the kids were both in HS. My DH bought me a TBird turbo used from some teen that worked with him.  Everyone thought I was pretty cool. LOL

Hi Linda!  Nice that you are checking in more.

Hi everyone! 

I have been busy working on a junk journal challenge.  My craftroom is absolutely the messiest it has ever been, even more than for DTGD!  But I am having fun playing.  

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 5 others like this post.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:39 PM   #4555
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Gracie will be thinking of you as you head to Arizona!
Old 09-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #4556
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!

This week is a double letter week!!  Your letters are "X" and "E"!

Keywords: ABC13XE24, ABC13, and your personal keyword!
AnnetteMac and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:25 PM   #4557
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Message from Karen this evening:

Things are basically the same for me: right side does not work well at all, dizziness, nausea and migraines. I try to do my exercises right away in the morning. Sounds like 6-12 months is normal so I need to realize I am in for the long haul.

I love the cards and think of all of you, and hope this finds you all. You are very dear to me...

Take care.

Love,
Karen
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-08-2020, 06:09 PM   #4558
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon thank you I am bored a lady on scs we trying make cards. I am picking out her supplies and design the cards. And she going to be my hands. like mom. And she go to mail me the card. for me give away. Or use the away I wanted to. So I might see if she will help me with the  Alphabet Challenge and see how gose not sure yet will see? I feel so, out of the loop with everyone.
Old 09-08-2020, 06:32 PM   #4559
Proud Fan Club Member

Linda, that sounds like a nice lady!  I wish you lived near one of us.  That would sure be nice and we could come see you and craft with you.  Well i guess we couldn’t during this pandemic.  I am not even going to my friends to craft like we used too.  We still have mandatory masks here.  We don’t even go out to eat anymore!  I guess we are all pretty bored with this situation.mmi guess that is why I watch so many you tube Demos!  I have never watched so many in my whole life as theses last few months! LOL
Old 09-08-2020, 06:45 PM   #4560
Stazon Splitcoast

We are mandatory masks too! that is getting to be so old too! what are some of your favorite you tube Demos?

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Linda, that sounds like a nice lady!  I wish you lived near one of us.  That would sure be nice and we could come see you and craft with you.  Well i guess we couldn’t during this pandemic.  I am not even going to my friends to craft like we used too.  We still have mandatory masks here.  We don’t even go out to eat anymore!  I guess we are all pretty bored with this situation.mmi guess that is why I watch so many you tube Demos!  I have never watched so many in my whole life as theses last few months! LOL
mcschmidty and Ozpom like this post.