Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-03-2020, 11:35 PM   #4441
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Shelly so so sorry to hear about your brother..I hope he comes through it ok.  I also hope that you aren’t sick and can go on your short break.  We go soon on our 4 day jaunt.
I did tick one thing off my list...I helped DH mulch the front verge...the one that doesn’t belong to us. I also stuffed up a card I made last night.  I decided to pop some liquid pearls on it and in the process one squirted out all over the card.  Note to self....test first and release air bubbles. I thought ok..I can just add paint and make it look funky. Well that didn’t work.  Want to know how it looks now...I’ll post a photo.  Still a small thing and I will just have to remake it and before we head out for dinner with the poppets.  I’m in a positive mood today.

Oh yep, the Dr rang and I’m a pillar of health lol.  Seriously all my bloods good except my protein is slightly low but not of concern and my scans showed all my cysts, except one has shrunk and also the fibroid. Go figure. She now says it could have been a bug.  In other words no idea lol.  Me neither except I feel better than I’ve felt for a few weeks.  I did ask about my aching legs in bed and I’m getting the worst cramps some nights so I’m to take magnesium and calcium although my calcium is good.  Let’s put it down to my weirdness lol.  She asked if I had been stressed....nope...although aren’t most people this year. I’m not.  I’m loving my life at present. I get to make lists of what I need/want to do and it’s mainly fun stuff lol.  See today is a good day..I hope yours is too

Glad you are feeling better Jan. Do you only have one more quarantine week to go?  

Now for that card.....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-03-2020, 11:45 PM   #4442
Gallery Gazer

Jayne pleased to hear you are ok, strange when you felt so ill and they find nothing, maybe the doc is right that it was just a bug, as for leg cramps, Steve has found a banana a day has stopped his completely, some days he couldn’t walk for the after pain.

Only five days before freedom, no one has rung to check on us either, our friends sound really annoyed that they have stayed in for two weeks and haven’t even had a phone call to check, so many people coming off planes from  Zante , who have been near someone with  the virus and it seems they aren’t taking quarantine seriously, makes me annoyed!
Never mind at least we have ten days of freedom before we head home.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:08 AM   #4443
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan it is strange as something was attacking my body and even the Dr doesn’t know what it was. She has said if I get bad again I’m to go straight back. I am wondering if my other cyst burst which happened to me before and when I got vey I’ll. Who knows. I am eating my bananas lol.

Oh yep I forgot to mention that the mulching wasn’t on my list so the only thing I’ve done today is move my unfinished jigsaw off the table onto a board. It was easier than I thought and now I can just move the board back and forth..phew. I also had my card to finish and here it is so far lol.  Going to quickly try and remake it as we are heading out soon.

I am so surprised you haven’t been checked on..no wonder they are in a mess there. I had a joke with my family last weekend about it and said how’s Covid going over there and they said..it’s going..lots lol...seriously be careful you guys. 

Here’s my card...it was so pretty before I stuffed it up. I’m hopeless lol

Ok that won’t work..oh well.  No use crying over spilt milk. Have fun

AnnetteMac, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:14 AM   #4444
Gallery Gazer

Jayne it seems that the UK is getting better apart from some  towns, mostly in the north But since Spain opened up to visitors theirs has gone mad, not so much where we live thankfully, Steve saw a photo of our seafront at home and it’s deserted, can’t believe it as usually September is grandparents with the kids, maybe the kids have gone back early with being off since March, they usually don’t go back until October because of the heat.
Apparently the economy over there has shot it, our town needs tourists as apart from growing veg there’s nothing else.
Old 09-04-2020, 04:54 AM   #4445
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan same here and we need tourists.  Some places can't even open in country areas as they rely on overseas students for their staff....the younger generation here don't seem to want to do the work.  They said on the news that the recession will be felt for decades.  I worry for our grandchildren and what kind of life they are going to have.  I think we were born in the lucky generation....we worked hard and to achieve our goals.

Still can't upload my stuffed up card..oh well.  Happy day

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:35 AM   #4446
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies.  Jayne, muscle cramps can also be caused by dehydration, even a little, so make sure you guys drink lots of water.

Sunny here today with comfortable temperatures. 

I've decided I'm done with DTGD challenges.  I think I did 28; just not motivated to do any more.  I may work on the jewelry one, but probably won't get it finished by the deadline, but I really do like paper earrings -- dangly, but so lightweight.

Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 09-04-2020, 06:48 AM   #4447
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody thanks for the water tip. I don’t drink enough. That was on my list...to drink more. 

You did good on DTGD. I may do another 3 and then stop. I’m busy watching TH lessons and oh my I’m in trouble. I never knew there were distress stains and guess who wants some now. I think I could throw all my products away and just have MM collage stamps lol. Love them. 

Time to say bye to Friday and hello Saturday soon lol. Have fun 
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:48 AM   #4448
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I just uploaded my last DTGD projects. I managed to do them all. Of course, the three I uploaded this morning, I made in the middle of the night last night when I should have been sleeping!

DD2's driver's test is this afternoon. I think she'll do fine. 

I made bread last night before we get hit with the next heat wave. I should say, I started bread and DH finished making it because I was trying to get DD2's application completed online with the DMV. I need to make sure that completed.

Melody, you are correct. In California, we have to take our cars in every other year and pay to have them smog tested. Then we get to pay the very high CA registration fees in order to have a legal vehicle. And, if you buy a car out of state, you have to get it smogged when you bring it in state.

Kandie, I love the panel you made for your brother. That is such a lovely panel and from the heart. I have beautiful paintings all over my walls that my aunt did to my request. Various scenes from my home state of Oregon and in the season that I requested. I absolutely love them.

Shelly, sorry to hear about your brother and will add him to my prayers along with your friend, Sandy.

I need to get back to commenting (along with monitoring the laundry that I have going).
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:17 AM   #4449
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I forgot, I came across this online and it tickled the funny bones in my house, so I wanted to share with you. If you recognize him, you'll get it.
Attached Thumbnails
117947211_2631873447051716_2847257962418969831_n.jpg  
mcschmidty and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #4450
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon ladies!

I felt weird this morning too, son made me eat candy to bring up my sugar level and now I feel better. Have to watch it!  Don't know what did it.

I so appreciate every one of you ladies!! 

Forgot to say happy anniversary to Sharon!

Good luck to Catherine's daughter for her drivers test!

Jan, enjoy your vacation!!

Jayne, so glad you are feeling better!  Enjoy life!

I'm trying too will be better in the new year, I hope!
mcschmidty and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:05 PM   #4451
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
I forgot, I came across this online and it tickled the funny bones in my house, so I wanted to share with you. If you recognize him, you'll get it.
Got it! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, cdimick, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:53 PM   #4452
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Catherine, that is pretty funny! Well, not for Vincent of course!

Afternoon all. Almost 1 p.m. here now. We just got back from a 35 min. walk. It is warm like bathtub water today. We went yesterday at 3 and it was quite hot then, so thought we would get out earlier today.

Left boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the oven to bake while we were out. Thai peanut sauce and sesame seed were on them. Just took them out and when they cool we will have them for lunch. They smell good!

Anyone working on a card to submit by today for DTGD?

Shirl

Last edited by shirlb19; 09-04-2020 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: paragraphs were out of sequence.
mcschmidty, jan31, cdimick and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:16 PM   #4453
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good afternoon all!

Catherine, I loved the Vincent photo! LOL

I just finished walking the dogs. I got home last night from my mom's and I had also been at my sister's for a couple days. For the most part, everything went well. A bit of drama but nothing major! Thank goodness.

When I was at my sister's, we went to Hobby Lobby and got lot of great clearance deals on dies, stencils and stamps for 75% off. Of course, just paid monthly bills and vowed to not spend money...well, that vow went out the window. We also went to Crafts Direct and again, sales on stamps and dies. Oh boy, I have a big stash of new things to take to Arizona. I guess I'll worry about the bills in October! Can't resist a sale...I'm so naughty.

I know I'm behind on commenting and reading comments, too. I hope everyone is doing well! Hugs all!
mcschmidty, jan31, cdimick and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:35 PM   #4454
Stazon Splitcoast

re we switching thread Sept.28th. Am I read the chart right? So I can marked my calendar. Thanks Linda 
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:38 PM   #4455
Stazon Splitcoast

You need to share you goodies with me LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
Good afternoon all!

Catherine, I loved the Vincent photo! LOL

I just finished walking the dogs. I got home last night from my mom's and I had also been at my sister's for a couple days. For the most part, everything went well. A bit of drama but nothing major! Thank goodness.

When I was at my sister's, we went to Hobby Lobby and got lot of great clearance deals on dies, stencils and stamps for 75% off. Of course, just paid monthly bills and vowed to not spend money...well, that vow went out the window. We also went to Crafts Direct and again, sales on stamps and dies. Oh boy, I have a big stash of new things to take to Arizona. I guess I'll worry about the bills in October! Can't resist a sale...I'm so naughty.

I know I'm behind on commenting and reading comments, too. I hope everyone is doing well! Hugs all!
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:54 PM   #4456
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in to let you know that not only did DD2 pass her driver's test, she CRUSHED it! She only got one point marked off...ONE! Did I mention that she is a good driver? I am so proud of her and she is so excited!

I have another appointment but wanted to let you all know.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:55 PM   #4457
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my goodness, against all odds, I completed all of the DTGD challenges! Today is the deadline...Now, I was going to go ahead and start posting them onto the Queen's Thread, but it just looks weird at the end. Does anybody know what is going on? Should I post anyway? I do have until the 11th, but electrical power around here has been sporadic. I sent a message to Lydia, but I don't know if she will respond.

Anyway, on a lighter note...I cut my hair! Finally, I let the stylist keep my hair. He braided it and then cut it. Let me see if I can upload a picture. I feel 10 pounds lighter, I just wished I looked 10 pounds thinner. LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
img_2660.jpg  
S2S2019 Challenges $15.36 as of 01/31/19
Old 09-04-2020, 06:05 PM   #4458
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy Can you help me explain on my  Thread how the works And how you have fan club members  and such And how it works So lady can help figure Things out for next year?  They are not  fan club members  So hard for me to explain to the group over there.. Because they There  Trying to fingure out ways me get back in to stamping and challenges. Since I lost mom and my helping hands. If you will allowed me to put that way!    Falliday Fest  Dare to Get Dirty
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/i-have-some-stamping-questions-thoughts-t634988.html
Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:10 PM   #4459
Proud Fan Club Member

BTW Ladies, now I should have a bit of time to play catch up on commenting. Thank you all for the wonderful support on my cards. I will be sharing some love onto your creations soon. Please be patient.

I only skimmed through all of the chatting. Know that I am always keeping all of you close to my heart and all of you are always in my thoughts and prayers. 

Blessings to all of you!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:10 PM   #4460
Stazon Splitcoast

Sally,

Happy for you! But sad for me. I don't get stamp anymore. because  I need a stamp buddy and helper. I wanted to play in DTGD Challenges

QUOTE=CraftyMerla;21994885]
Oh my goodness, against all odds, I completed all of the DTGD challenges! Today is the deadline...Now, I was going to go ahead and start posting them onto the Queen's Thread, but it just looks weird at the end. Does anybody know what is going on? Should I post anyway? I do have until the 11th, but electrical power around here has been sporadic. I sent a message to Lydia, but I don't know if she will respond.

Anyway, on a lighter note...I cut my hair! Finally, I let the stylist keep my hair. He braided it and then cut it. Let me see if I can upload a picture. I feel 10 pounds lighter, I just wished I looked 10 pounds thinner. LOL!
[/QUOTE]

annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:16 PM   #4461
Proud Fan Club Member

Linda, in order to play in DTGD they have to be fan club members. If they sign up for fan club membership, there are many other places they will be able to find information on that challenge and how it works.  If they don't want to sign up to be a fan club member, then there's really no reason to explain how to play along. Just encourage them to sign up for fan club. Do you see what I mean? 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:27 PM   #4462
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine...congratulations to DD2. Awesome. When I saw the photo I cracked up.  We’ve seen the original of that painting.  Can’t remember where now...was when on our travels.

Sally, wow you had long hair. I bet you feel lighter. Congratulations on becoming a queen too.  Awesome. I still have commenting to do and getting there slowly 

Ann hope that you are feeling better..take care and look after yourself.

Gracie, glad your visit went well. Go you for shopping. I’m in trouble as I want some more TH stuff lol. I’m going to check what I have first as I bought some more Mod Podge and found I already had some.  Doh!

Hi Shirl and Kathy and everyone else.  Have fun and sending hugs

Last edited by Ozpom; 09-04-2020 at 06:32 PM..
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:33 PM   #4463
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Where’s all of our signatures gone?
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:15 PM   #4464
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, But, I  don't think you understand me. I will sign up for the fan club. And give the money to sister to mail for me. But these ladies wanted to figure out away to be my hands like mom was. And let me picked out the supplies and colors and layers and die cuts and ect. I am design the cards. But they would used they supplies And they would be hands. So I trying to heads about ANNUAL Challenges  So we will time figure out how work things out for that. If they understand and know how things worked during the  ANNUAL Challenges. I think that will give us work the kins if, you. I am more into the DTGD. But I would for you to explain on that tread if, you will on both ANNUAL Challenges works? they said they would mail the card to me. So that I could give away has can ministry. right now we are not doing card challenges just figure out basic away to this. And I say something challenges. So I need your help explain this. You still might be my DTGD choach if I need some understand the challenges too? But, we are not there yet! So now you understand! Thanks Linda     

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Linda, in order to play in DTGD they have to be fan club members. If they sign up for fan club membership, there are many other places they will be able to find information on that challenge and how it works.  If they don't want to sign up to be a fan club member, then there's really no reason to explain how to play along. Just encourage them to sign up for fan club. Do you see what I mean? 

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:02 PM   #4465
Proud Fan Club Member

Do you mean falliday fest as the other annual challenge. I will have to think this through before answering. I think I understand what you are talking about, but I will need time to go to your thread and read it.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 08:06 PM   #4466
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening, ladies.  I’m supposed to going to sleep but instead have been checking email.  I wrote a note to the Simon Says Stamp customer service department and asked for someone to tell me what was happening with my order I placed a week ago.  No tracking info, and the order itself just keeps saying Processing.  For seven days?  Anyway, just received an answer.  For orders over 50 I got to choose a set of TH stencils.  Apparently the set I chose is on back order till Sept. 28, so some bright person decided to hold up my entire order to wait on the stencils.  Grrrr.  Anyway, profuse apologies were given, the in-stock items were being readied to ship, and the stencils will arrive when stock is replenished.  Would have been nice if someone had emailed this to me in the first place!

Jayne, the Darkroom Door stencils have arrived in the US already!  Only a week from their warehouse to Sydney and then to the US.  Now it will probably be ages before they arrive here.  

My girls are not really appreciative of things I make for them, as they get older.  They prefer cash, lol.  I usually don’t get an acknowledgement, but I still keep making stuff!

My DB is different.  He treasures everything, bless his heart.

Ok now I’m going to sleep, lol.

Have a good day/night, ladies!

Oh, almost forgot!  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, SHARON!!!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:37 PM   #4467
Stazon Splitcoast

yes, to questions But I think I will wanted to focus on DTGD Challenges as far  annual challenges. I think I like the best? If, I remember right? Even tho the lady can make some pretty interested 3 D projects for falliday fest. I don't remember how we have to upload for either for the falliday fest. Or DTGD Challenges? Do you know? Was it a week for both the falliday fest. And the DTGD Challenges? And please make clear they can't posted in their gallery? Or it will not count for me in my gallery for the master challenges. If, you know what trying to say? And please make clear I will all ladies projects/can in my gallery. 
Because if the works I will be sign for fanclub remember angin. I will email all the ladies and tell go read posted #so and so.... You may have back and help me questions after they read your posted? But I will trying answer their questions. Is There rule changes or anything I need to know about that might be different for either the falliday fest or DTGD Challenges? That I might not know about?
Thanks, Linda  

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Do you mean falliday fest as the other annual challenge. I will have to think this through before answering. I think I understand what you are talking about, but I will need time to go to your thread and read it.

Last edited by hotwheels; 09-04-2020 at 08:53 PM..
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:44 PM   #4468
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

*Enable Alert*......scroll past lol.

Kandie that’s good to know on Darkroom Door *wink*. Check out Paper Rose site too..another Aussie craft manufacturer and they have awesome stuff.  

I’m going to see what our other craft store has whilst I’m waiting to go out. What else to do lol
Old 09-05-2020, 02:33 AM   #4469
Gallery Gazer

Catherine well done to your DD, she must be very pleased.

Thanks Jayne, I now have to check out the two sites you’ve mentioned!

Sally your hair was so long, what a gorgeous plait, you must feel so much lighter.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:38 AM   #4470
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, Paper Rose used to be so cheap but they are now one of the biggest Aussie manufacturers for stamps and dies and now in the American market, so their prices are now doubling. I love her products and find they have similar designs to well known manufacturers but slightly modified.  

We had a lovey lunch with son2 and Dil2. When we came home I had planned to create but I had a small list of inks I wanted after watching TH classes...so I asked DH if I had a budget yet. His reply was ok but don’t go mad.  Well over an hour later I came home with a bag full of stuff....I just can’t resist.  Mainly inks, waxes, crackle paste as mine had gone hard, stencils and all sorts of stuff. I won’t need to go near another craft shop forever lol....except when I was putting my stash away I saw I had forgotten the one thing that was top of my list....some reinker for my pad that is dry...so what does that mean?  I will have to pop back during the week lol.  Hopefully I will have a tax refund coming...well I hope so but haven’t actually done my return yet.  I will know by next week. I need to pay the CC off lol.  DH asked how much did I spend....I said don’t ask. His reply was..well that’s it now. He seems to say this a lot to me lol.  I think I may have a problem.  Anyone else got it?

If he’s watching sport I intend to finally play but I will have time tomorrow as we aren’t going anywhere until the evening.  Another whoohoo
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-05-2020, 05:45 AM   #4471
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning and happy Saturday!  It’s a lovely day in the neighborhood, as Mr Rogers always said on his show, Mr Rogers Neighborhood.  Dusty Dog got me up at 4 am to go out, then I had to go, then I passed DH as he had to go.  Then she got me up at 7 to go out again.  Now she’s sacked out on the couch, DH has gone to set up a house and barn for next weekend’s auction, and all I can say is...  PLAY TIME!

Jayne, do any of your stores have the Tim Holtz Distress Refresher?  It’s a spray that helps restore ink pads that are getting dry.  I use mine all the time, or I did before I started collecting reinkers.  It does work well.

Sally, I love that long braid, wow, how long have you been growing your hair out?  Is your hair bouncy now that it doesn’t have the weight?

Jayne, it’s a good thing you are a long way from me because I would throw a pot of open re-inkers at you for giving me another site to browse!!!  I got in enough trouble with Darkroom Door, lol.

Signing up for the Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry class really enabled me to buy the products needed.  He says use what you have, but no other stuff, except Dylusions sprays, react with water.  I’m beginning to see that it just makes sense to order one color bundle a month in order to have the ink, oxide, reinkers, paint, spray, etc, etc, than trying to track everything down separately at more cost.  And am I ever having trouble with getting reinkers.  I order five from Amazon, it takes three weeks for individual bottles to arrive from all the sellers that are now on the Amazon site.

Oh, here’s a good one!  What’s everyone’s farthest away seller to buy from?  I received a stamp I ordered on Amazon the other day.  DH said the package looked like it had been been repeatedly run over by UPS trucks, lol.  I replied it’s good then that the item inside was a flat stamp.  Maybe it’s even flatter now than when it was first mailed, lol.  It was mailed from Kyrgyzstan.  Which is in Central Asia!!  Wow!
Attached Thumbnails
e1a13f5c-f7d3-4b89-9d55-e54832b76704.jpg  

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-05-2020, 05:53 AM   #4472
Proud Fan Club Member

So, for August I ordered the newest Distress color bundle.  For September I’ll do the Speckled Egg bundle.  At about $65 a bundle, I have to space it out.

Old 09-05-2020, 06:33 AM   #4473
Gallery Gazer

Kandie I bought that distress refresher spray from joanns online last year, never used it,ha,ha
I was going to buy the new TH colours but they were double the price on amazon, I will wait until they come down in price.
Old 09-05-2020, 06:38 AM   #4474
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, congratulations to your DD2 on passing her driving test with flying colors! Whoo Hooo!

Happy Anniversary Sharon!

Ann, I hope you're feeling better! 

Kandie and Jayne, you both are enablers!!!

I can't wait until I have better internet...so slow today.

Hugs and Hi to all!
Old 09-05-2020, 06:49 AM   #4475
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI Jan, just think of all the things we've bought and never used! Oh my! Had to have them though! Ha Ha!

Sally, that was a long braid! Wow! Is it being donated for wigs? How wonderful. I'll bet you feel like a new woman.
Old 09-05-2020, 09:50 AM   #4476
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning ladies,
Yes, I feel so much lighter and definitely cooler since I had my hair chopped off. I can't remember the last time I had it cut, but I think it was going on a year and a half, maybe two. It was down to the middle of my back. I'm not sure what the owner of the salon was going to do with my hair, but I didn't want the responsibility of trying to get it somewhere or do something with it. He did open his salon just for me and my mother (90 years old). With the pandemic, I didn't want to risk her out in the general public. Since, I let him keep my hair, he only charged me ten bucks to cut mine. It falls right under my ear lobes, and it is all one length. Thank you all for taking an interest. No one has really been around for me to get excited about this big change...So, thank you! 
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-05-2020, 09:51 AM   #4477
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

No crafting for me today!  Grandkids are coming to spend the night!!

Catherine, congrats to your daughter on passing her test!

Sally, wow!!  Your hair was long!  I remember doing that with mine years back.  Got it donated and then even got a thank you card from the place for doing so!!  Your hair sure was thick!!  Bet it was weird to wash your hair the first time after the cut!  So light weight! 

Hi Kandie, fun that you are getting new stuff!

Jayne, you are being bad!! LOL!  Well it's not like you are sitting in a bar drinking or gambling money away! LOL!!  It's your hobby and you love it! And your cards bring joy to others!

Later everyone! Stayed up too late last night commenting on DTGD cards so now I am behind and kids will be here soon! Have a great holiday weekend and congrats to all who finished DTGD!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:42 PM   #4478
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, congratulations to DD2!  Our DGD just got her DL yesterday and scored perfect.  They put a photo of her on FB!  Mom is happy, because now she can driver herself to her babysitting job, which the lady is a nurse and doesn’t get home till 11:30.  So DGD can drive home as late as 10 til midnight as they live 7 minutes away.  If lady is later, DD and Hubby will have to go get her and drive her car home.  In Georgia there are still restrictions for first six months or so.  Like she can’t drive another her age, or a limit on how many.  I don’t know the restrictions for sure.

Sally, wow!  You really had beautiful long hair!  Mine was never that long!  The last time I had long hair was when I had DD.  Shortly after cut it, and never grew it long again!  It was about halfway between shoulders and waist. With two babies, it was difficult to do anything with it. BTW congratulations on your Queen statis.

And thank you everyone for all your love in my DTGD gallery.  It is my favorite event on SCS!

Ann, Jane fun with your sons and grands.

Jane, I have been watching DearJulieJulie all day and working on my junk journal!  It will be my first one, and very simple!  I joined her September Challenge on Facebook.

Hi Kathy, Shirl, Shelly, Melody, Jan, Gracie, Linda, and Kandie, and anyone else I missed!

Congratulations to Shelly, too! Shelly, PM’d you.
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:26 PM   #4479
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I sent you a pm yesterday. Just wanted to make sure you saw it.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:34 PM   #4480
Proud Fan Club Member

Getting quite a bit of rain now, so I think I will turn the computer off. Tried to comment a bit, but I don't want to risk it. See you guys tomorrow. Night, night.
mcschmidty, smadson, muscrat and 2 others like this post.