Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-25-2020, 10:28 AM   #4241
Stazon Splitcoast

Ann, we had storms, but I don't think the lightning was right here.  And I love thunder storms, so they don't bother me.  And no pets to go crazy either.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:55 AM   #4242
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Up and atom- morning has passed and afternoon will be heading to my creative space!  I finished 3 cards yesterday, so have 4 DTGD challenges for yesterday and 6 for today on my list.  I think I will stop doing them in order... I do have one partially complete from last night- just could not sit anymore!
 I am double spacing paragraphs- will see how they post!
 Melodie- great you could see your sister and enjoy lunch together!  
Kandie- I have enjoyed your tags, and love your hair- wish I could get away with short hair!  Yes, this allergy year is bad!  Sinus pressure and I am having a terrible time with bug bites- mosquitos I think- are getting very red and swollen and some turn into quarter sized red marks on my legs- looks awful!  Lots of sneezing as well!  
Ann-sorry the storm woke you- we need rain so badly! 
Sharon- I am enjoying the zoom as well- with the pandemic, I am missing my local crafty ladies so much!
Shirl- can you zoom?  Ann has it open and unlimited time, and we just pop in when we can.
Jan- sounds like you are having a great trip so far, and funny that your GS said no to a hug- maybe parents training him to social distance!  LOL
Jayne- glad to hear you are having a better day.  Are you still off the dairy?  
Waving hello to all- have to finish my chores, and run to the store, then create!
Shelly
AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:56 PM   #4243
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

REMINDER!!!!
Tomorrow's letter is "V"!!  
Keywords:  ABC13V22, ABC13, and your personal keyword!!
mcschmidty, smadson, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:57 PM   #4244
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, where are you??? WE are zooming and looking for you!
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:18 PM   #4245
Stazon Splitcoast

Has anyone bought new tories out Stampin'up catty? I wanted to see what you bought  and what you make with new tories? Since I can't buy or play.
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:44 PM   #4246
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Home from work...during a meeting today, I was leaving love in the gallery...

It was fun to get home and check my gallery to see who all has made cards for my challenge. I am so behind on making cards and leaving comments.

The smoke in the air here seems to be causing my sinuses to be overactive, always blowing my nose - even though I'm mostly staying inside. Our air quality is horrible.
mcschmidty, jan31 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:59 PM   #4247
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Catherine! Sorry to hear about the fires in California. It would definitely be playing havoc with my sinuses too! How sad for everyone there. Take care. I'm way behind on commenting mainly due to weather, company and internet issues. I planned to get to my sons earlier today with my granddaughters and use their internet. Unfortunately, a 2 hour trip turned into 4 hours! My car broke down halfway there, so we had to wait over an hour at a gas station for my DH to arrive with the truck. So what does this  "ding dong" of a gramma do? I decided to go into the convenience store and buy the girls Slushies and treats!!! They were, needless to say, a bit hyper after that! LOL Such a crazy day. We are safe and sound at my DS and DIL's home now. So I'm working on commenting on DTGD cards. I'm not sure I'll catch up, but I'm going to give it a go!
Have a great evening!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:10 PM   #4248
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow!  What a day you had Gracie!  You can relax now and look at the galleries.
Katherine, it is hard to work and do DTGD, too!  You are good if you keep up! Don’t stay up too late doing cards and loose sleep.  That’s not good.  Did I miss it, did you find out what you will be doing yet for home school?
No storms here!  We need rain, very dry.
Well, so far I am keeping up thanks to help from themZoom girls.  We do a lot of suggestions to each other.  That is the fun part.  We show a card and ask what else could we do, etc. good give and take
I do get tired, though,
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:15 PM   #4249
Stazon Splitcoast

Question you to keyword a personal keyword! and reg. keyword how do I looked up the cards?
Thanks 
Linda
Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Reminder!!

It's week number one of round 13!!

This week's letter is "A"!

Keywords: ABC13A1, ABC13, and your personal keyword!!

Have fun!!
Old 08-25-2020, 07:24 PM   #4250
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Question you to keyword a personal keyword! and reg. keyword how do I looked up the cards?
Thanks 
Linda

It would be a keyword to find only your cards for the challenge. So for example your personal keyword could be ABC13Linda or ABC13hotwheels
Old 08-25-2020, 07:32 PM   #4251
Stazon Splitcoast

so if put in the ;">ABC13, is that going pull everyone cards? Or do the screen name with the ;">ABC13,
Old 08-25-2020, 07:32 PM   #4252
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone..lots of chat. I’m heading out to the hairdressers. Can’t wait to be shorn and feel lighter and brighter.  I slept like a dead person last night..sooo tired. I hope to craft when I get back but will see how my day pans out.  Tomorrow I’m definitely crafting..no golf. 
Gracie, sorry you had car troubles but you sound as though you had fun with the poppets.
Challenges and hosting...mmmm...once you know what you are doing it’s not too hard and I also am short with comments. I’m still learning about the process and haven’t done one yet but I am making samples every week and keeping up with those is difficult and especially when not feeling well.  I usually only choose a few challenges each week and the alpha challenge and keeping on top of those is hard enough for me. I take so long to make a card.  Needless to say my scrapping has gone out of the window at present and I have to change that. As for DTGD well that’s gone too...I’ll just do friends DTGD challenges when I can.
Now I’ve forgotten everything else and got to go.  Have fun. Waving 

Last edited by Ozpom; 08-25-2020 at 07:35 PM..
Old 08-25-2020, 08:11 PM   #4253
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
I planned to get to my sons earlier today with my granddaughters and use their internet. Unfortunately, a 2 hour trip turned into 4 hours! My car broke down halfway there, so we had to wait over an hour at a gas station for my DH to arrive with the truck. So what does this  "ding dong" of a gramma do? I decided to go into the convenience store and buy the girls Slushies and treats!!! They were, needless to say, a bit hyper after that! LOL Such a crazy day. We are safe and sound at my DS and DIL's home now. So I'm working on commenting on DTGD cards. I'm not sure I'll catch up, but I'm going to give it a go!
Have a great evening!
Well, at least you didn't need bubble wrap for that!  LOL
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:11 PM   #4254
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
so if put in the ;">ABC13, is that going pull everyone cards? Or do the screen name with the ;">ABC13,

Yes, Linda if you search with ABC13 that will pull up the ABC challenge and all the cards from the beginning of it.

ABC13 with someone's name attached, just pulls up that person's cards.

Ha ha that's true Melody!

Jayne, have fun at the hairdressers!

Goodnight all!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:17 PM   #4255
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello.
  Oh no Gracie- that stinks!!!  Hope your card fix is quick and easy!  Are you and DH both at your son and Dil's?
I had to move this AM, back (actually pelvis) is not happy with all of the sitting, so did chores, a couple of loads of laundry, decided instead of making Chicken Noodle Soup when it is 90 to make Taco's for dinner, so ran out to the grocery store.....  then, my older sis called...we spoke quite a bit today.  She has a stress fracture in her thoracic spine d/t osteoporosis.... her doc recommended a kyphoplasty which is something my dad actually had to have (but not at 64...he was in his later 70's). It is where they inject a substance which is like cement into the spinal space... 
My DIL is on her way to visit her sister in San Diego with my grandson- there is a fire in Colorado- 2nd largest in state hx and it is 15 miles from them, so air quality is very poor.... Her sis just vroke up with her live in boyfriend after years, so she is also a ray of sunshine for her sis.  The baby is such a happy kid, he will surely brighter her mood- all smiles and silly!
 I begin piano lessons in AM at 10:30, then will try to get on Zoom around noon if anyone is creating tomorrow- see you then!
Waving hello to all!
Shelly
AnnetteMac, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:37 PM   #4256
Gallery Gazer

Morning ladies, we had a good nights sleep, we were asleep by 9pm although it’s only 5.30 and we’ve already had a cup of tea. Only 4 hours before we dock. Hopefully only a three hour drive although traffic could be heavy as we have to circle London on the M25, never good at any time.
Our GS is four, I’m sure I will get a big hug, he’s like his grandad, likes to joke and torment. 
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:54 PM   #4257
Gallery Gazer

Gracie sorry to see you had car problems, that’s not good at any time!
So much for social distancing onboard, they kept giving messages out about quizzes last night in the bar area! Makes me smile as before boarding we were all given colours for mealtimes and getting out of our cars, I asked the girl when we could go to our cabin and she said, now! and so everyone was in line waiting for the lift, luckily we were first so escaped as only two are allowed at once! Not sure how we go back to the car when we dock, our friends arrived last week and said it was slow.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:01 PM   #4258
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks I got it I think!
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post

Yes, Linda if you search with ABC13 that will pull up the ABC challenge and all the cards from the beginning of it.
ABC13 with someone's name attached, just pulls up that person's cards.
Ha ha that's true Melody!
Jayne, have fun at the hairdressers!
Goodnight all!
mcschmidty and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:04 AM   #4259
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Our friend who was taken into hospital a few weeks ago is very sick again and his wife and daughters have been called in to sit with him.  I pray he will pull through.  
I've been sitting out in the sunshine reading as it is such a beautiful day here again.  Tomorrow they say we will have 25/26 degrees...spring is finally coming.  It is sooo nice to feel warm again.  I bet in a few weeks I will be wishing it were cooler.
I have some admin to do and then I am hoping to play in my room.  Tomorrow I will play as much as I can.  Hopefully Murphy doesn't come to visit...again!
On another topic, aren't hostesses supposed to comment on creations for their challenges?  The reason I ask is that I have noticed that when I make some creations for certain challenges they are never commented on by some hostesses.  Strange that.  Maybe I am too sensitive or paranoid or they just don't like what I make *wink*.  
Time to press on.  
Old 08-26-2020, 12:24 AM   #4260
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sorry for your car troubles, Gracie. DD1 can relate. And, by the way, I don't think that is a ding dong grandma, I think it is an example of a marvelous and fun grandma!

Sharon, it is currently 12:18 in the morning and still didn't get one card done for yesterday - and none of today's. Oh well...

You didn't miss it, we still don't know what is happening with home schooling. I got an email from the charter school but that is all I've gotten. I hope it means she got in but am afraid to get my hopes up. I contacted my friend who works for them and she said to keep praying, she doesn't have any further information yet. We really need to get going on something! 

Shelly, I hope your DIL finds better air in San Diego. It certainly isn't good here in Northern California.

Jayne, yes, my understanding is that the host is supposed to comment on all the cards in the challenge. But sometimes it doesn't happen. I have noticed it on my cards too.

Right now it seems like so many things are up in the air with our family - each one of us, your prayers are appreciated.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:24 AM   #4261
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!
Jan, so glad you are almost to your destination!!  What fun it will be to hug your GS!!
Jayne, hope you continue to feel better and enjoy the sunshine!  Yes, you are right the main job of a hostess is to comment on cards, not to do all of them, but to do the ones in their gallery!  Doesn't always happen! 
Catherine, praying you get answers soon for your family!!
Son in California, says they can not open their windows due to the smoke.  And they do not have air and with the heat it has been miserable! At least they have air purifiers.
Need to feed myself and Iris and Athena.  Sons have busy days today with work so it will be quiet in the house.
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:52 AM   #4262
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!  I am moving so slow today!  I did walk,  it late, and then only half of usual because it was already to hot.  It will be upper nineties here today, again!  Still no rain.  Really dry here. 
 Our son called today.  His best friend who is in the health care business, has Covid, as did five of his co workers.  He was really sick.  He said he was afraid every night he might not wake up the next day. ( he is in his fifties.). He ran a fever for several weeks.  Right now getting better, but has lost lung capacity.  He lives in Kansas, our son is in main and hiking the AT again.  So we were on the phone an hour with our son.
So, I am just now having breakfast! LOL
Shelly, noon, for Zoom.  And then I think Ann and Annette will be on by one.  Anyone else?
Got to make my bed! LOL
Old 08-26-2020, 08:52 AM   #4263
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I went to bed late and got up early to make up for it....I'm thinking that isn't going to go so well...I can keep it up for a week, right?!
Your poor son, Ann. Many in the bay area do not have AC. We haven't opened up at night in ages because of the smoke but, thankfully, we do have AC. Not that I run it as cool as DD1 would like, but at least we have it. The news said yesterday that the air should be clearing up by tonight, I hope they are correct.
Quiet on here since I posted last night. I'd better go work on commenting.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:50 AM   #4264
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ladies! Just popping in to say good morning while gs is having his nap. It has been a fun morning so far. Have a great day all! 

My Gallery
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 03:55 PM   #4265
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone. I have a question about the free digi downloads from I. O. that Dina mentioned about unicorns etc. 
I put in copic paper for the digis to print on, but now I am wondering if the printer ink is going to be compatible before I try to download it.  I know zero about digi stuff. And I am not sure if I am doing it right, as I had to enter my name etc. even though they are free. It says print receipt, and then my name shows up with the digis. But that is a waste of good copic paper. I cannot see how to print the images otherwise though. Hope someone can help. If not, not a problem. Was just trying it if I could.
Thanks
Shirl
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 03:58 PM   #4266
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, I just went into my junk mail and they have them in there for me to download. Now, I just want to hear your thoughts on the printer ink?
Shirl
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 04:04 PM   #4267
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl, you fill I the info as though it were a purchase but you can see they say $0.00.  you don't need an account but will have to fill out the form. Then I think they email you the Digi. 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, shirlb19, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 04:06 PM   #4268
Proud Fan Club Member

I was responding as you were typing. If you have an inkjet printer you will probably have to color it with pencils. I think alcohol markers would smear the ink. Laser printers may work better

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 04:53 PM   #4269
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, I have printed digis on white card stock (I don't have any Copic paper) and then colored them with my Copics. My printer is an ink jet. I haven't really noticed excessive smudging, maybe slight smudging. Of course, I could be going cross eyed too!
Old 08-26-2020, 04:57 PM   #4270
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirl, a laser printer is best, however, an ink jet printer also works.  I use an ink jet printer.  You can color with Copic markers on the images.  Again, however, some printers may bleed a little - to alleviate that, rub the entire image with a clean eraser before coloring.  You can also color with regular colored pencils, or watercolor pencils if you use a blender pen rather than a wet brush.  I print on Georgia Pacific white (Walmart) or Reflections cream or white (Michael's).  I can't put heavy card stock in my printer, so the thinner kind works.  I think SU (thin not thick) would also work. 
mcschmidty, cdimick, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 04:59 PM   #4271
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm pretty sure you could also use gelatos or watercolor crayons with a blender pen on your digis.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:04 PM   #4272
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks for the tip about the eraser, Melody!
Old 08-26-2020, 05:10 PM   #4273
Proud Fan Club Member

You women are the best! Thanks for weighing in on this. We have inkjet. (had to ask dh, lol). I sure appreciate all your wonderful tips! My 80 lb. copic paper might not work. I might just try some Gina K layering that I have. I am out of SU w.w.

Thanks to all of you!

Shirl
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:19 PM   #4274
Proud Fan Club Member

Okay, one more question. The image takes up the whole page my dh says. (I have not printed it yet, but I think he knows what he is talking about, lol.
Oh, question no. 2.....If a paper is not copic friendly, does that just mean colors bleed through on the back? That doesn't bother me, but wondering if it means it might bleed on the front?
Shirl
Old 08-26-2020, 05:23 PM   #4275
Proud Fan Club Member

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Okay, one more question. The image takes up the whole page my dh says. (I have not printed it yet, but I think he knows what he is talking about, lol.
Oh, question no. 2.....If a paper is not copic friendly, does that just mean colors bleed through on the back? That doesn't bother me, but wondering if it means it might bleed on the front?
Shirl
You can make the picture smaller. I usually insert the image in Word and then resize it. I would not want to color a picture that was the full size of a page! 

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, cdimick, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:27 PM   #4276
Proud Fan Club Member

Just found this info.
You can use any inkjet printer as long as the ink you print the image with is dye based. Some printers will have a "photo black" cartridge as well and this is usually pigment ink that will smear with copics.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:40 PM   #4277
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening!  Got the DTGD  challenges through today, done and uploaded!  Had another great session with Ann, Shelly, Annette, and Lynn, today.  One of my cards is for the Alpha V Challenge, too.  I don’t know how our Ann does all she does!
Shirl, I downloaded the freebies , too, but won’t print them until I get a new printer.  I am glad you ask all theses questions,so I know what to do , too. Thanks, Kathy  and melody for the answers.
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:15 PM   #4278
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, Shirl, the copics will bleed through to the back - no biggie unless you are doing a one layer card.  Also, if you use a lot of copic ink, it can also bleed beyond the lines of your image.  But that's no different than if you stamped the image rather than printed it.  I actually prefer card stock that the ink soaks into; your blending is much smoother than on a glossier paper.  Many stampers use Neenah Classic Crest Solar White.
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:35 PM   #4279
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Melody and Kathy and Sharon!
Shirl
Old 08-26-2020, 07:03 PM   #4280
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning or evening. The sun is shining and it’s going to be a better day today.  Our friend passed away not long after I’d written my comment yesterday. So sad and surreal as he was coming good after his op. Only my age..makes you think about things.
Hope everyone is ok where there are fires, smoke, storms and everything else that is happening in this crazy world.
One load of washing done and I’m heading to my craft room. It’s time.  Enjoy your day everyone..
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.