Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-20-2020, 09:45 PM   #4121
Gallery Gazer

So pleased to see the update on Karen, pleased to hear the progress she’s making.
Jayne I missed your news, congratulations, hope you had some good news at the docs and are feeling better.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:56 PM   #4122
Gallery Gazer

Sharon I do that, walk around with things I want to buy and then put most back as I talk myself out of it as I think I might not get enough use out of it, I still find things I’ve never used, I’ve got stuff I bought when I first started crafting, I now wonder why I bought them but things have moved on since then and I was a novice, still am in  most things!!
We leave at 5am Monday to drive up north, staying in a hotel in Bilboa for one night and catch the ferry Tuesday 10.30am arrive in the uk 9am Wednesday, we should be at our sons by 2pm hopefully as they are taking time to unload the ferry as we have to be called to the car so we don’t mix in the lift or stairways! Can’t wait to see them all, 
Our friends have just arrived in the uk, they took the ferry for the first time after we’d told them how we love doing the trip, they rang last night they loved it, Steve said he slept well being rocked to sleep although Bev said she didn’t sleep much as she kept thinking of the film titanic! LOL! 
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 12:17 AM   #4123
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Friday everyone...nearly DTGD time...whoohoo.  Ann are you doing a zoom?  Gracie thought Annette was but I haven’t seen anything on this ??  I’m going to try and do as much as I can each day.  I don’t even know what time it officially starts other than it’s tomorrow LOL.
I hope that no fur babies have chucked today...gosh there were a few out of sorts yesterday.
Ann, thanks for the update on Karen.  So happy to hear she’s going ok.  I will get another card out to her.
Thanks ladies for your congrats.  I only was asked fairly recently and it came as a big shock.  I didn’t mention it as I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to plus I didn’t want to sound as though I was bragging.  I am honoured and it’s only 2-3 times a year.  I’m a fill in LOL. I hope you all join in.
Kathy, that card is amazing...so beautiful and now I can see why Jan needed a die/stamp set.  Jennifer McGuire has some videos on this technique too and maybe using a different die...not sure.
Liz, glad that you are having fun with Lynn.  Enjoy your time together.
Sharon I’m losing stuff all the time.  I once lost the case for my TH scissors and found it a couple of years later stuck underneath my cutter.  Not sure how I missed it LOL.  Are you excited for DTGD?  I imagine you are very organised.  I am going to sort my stash out this arvo and hope to use some of the goodies you and other ladies have sent to me.
Kandie, I love the alcohol ink tins...great to just take when travelling around in your own country.  I’m trying to think of what I would need if we ever went travelling around Oz and how much craft stuff I could fit into a camper van LOL.
Gracie, glad your visit went well and pity you arrived home first and had to clean up the mess.  Yep I think it may be a tie with us LOL
Jan, you must be getting excited now and soon you will see one of your little poppets.
Enjoy your bike ride Catherine.
Glad all my paper hugs are getting through.
Good news...I don’t have shingles as no rash and the pain is subsiding.  I’m still on the meds for the nerves/pain for now and the Dr has no idea what is going on, nor me.  I’m having scans but they can’t get me in for another 2 weeks which by then I will be fine and wasting their time.  Always the case.  I’m to have blood tests so maybe something will show up there.  My kidneys are also being checked and did the test for that today although she doesn’t think it’s that either but given my history she’s playing it safe.  It’s very wierd and I am convinced it’s a virus I’ve had given I’ve had an upset tummy/nausea and generally feeling off. Who knows.  I’m just happy to be feeling somewhat like myself today and with more energy.
I’ve done my U card....it’s not come out how I intended but I wanted to use umbrellas.  Will post it shortly.
Have a great day and waving to you all and anyone I’ve missed.

Last edited by Ozpom; 08-21-2020 at 12:49 AM..
Old 08-21-2020, 12:24 AM   #4124
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Dropping in to say hello,
  I wrote a long note last night and apparently, did not hit post!  LOL
Shirl, the Crafters of Faith (COF) challenge is listed in the Swap/Card/Open Swaps area, here is a link: 2020 ~ %2Aopen %2A crafters faith faith based card group t614667.html
-always open to new members- tell Kelly I sent you : )  You will see a few familiar faces there!
Catherine- glad you are having a great time!
Ann- Thanks for the update on Karen, and I am happy to mail out another card!
 My friend Sandy is having surgery tomorrow- her bone cancer mets has been an issue and her bones are breaking and unstable- has to have a surgery to stabilize her humorous tomorrow.  She was a recipient of Teapot Tuesday a bit ago. Her story is similar to Karen's.
Jayne- cool beans on your hostessing the WT challenge- will look it up!  How cool is that!
Gracie- glad you were able to redirect the conversation yesterday.  My parents, as they got older, would watch the news too much and the world was  a terrible place....LOL They got a security system installed and one night when we were there, my dad accidently opened the door after the security system was turned on and he could not remember the security code.  Oh my goodness, it was midnight, the firetrucks came...the alarm did not stop for an hour or so.  it was ridiculous!  LOL  
Kandie- your sweet pup- so sorry you had a long night with her!
Kathy, that bug sounds like it looked bad!  Yikes!
Jan, your baking motivated me to cook- ripe bananas so Tuesday made a banana bread baked bars. It is similar to banana bread but with frosting.  My husband is happy and is eating away at it- and he never gains weight!  
Sharon- that is a great walk- good for you!
Waving hello to all- gotta get to bed!
Shelly
AnnetteMac, jan31, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:59 AM   #4125
Gallery Gazer

Jayne you won’t believe this, I thought I would send you another  card as the first has never arrived, I went early to get to the PO before she opened, she weighed it all and was looking on the computer for the charges and she told me that she can’t take any post for Australia as the whole country is closed! It seems I can’t post it from Spain, I will take it to England with me and hope I can send it from there, I’m guessing your card is still sat in a sack in spain somewhere.
So we’ve had a change of plan, we are leaving on Sunday morning instead, we’ve decided to drive to Aranda de Duero and stay in a hotel and then Monday we will only have a couple of hours to get to Bilboa where we will stay for Sunday night, gives us time to do any last minute shopping and fill the car with diesel I’ve been doing some bits of cleaning and such sort, I’m quite excited now as we won’t have all the rush.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:04 AM   #4126
Gallery Gazer

Shelly our son has an alarm that calls the police after it rings for so long, so we went back one morning and the alarm wouldn’t switch off , we were worried thinking the police would appear,  we rang our son at work who luckily can do it on his iPhone, then the police rang him to tell him and he had to explain that it was a false alarm. 
We had our serviced last week and our neighbour shouted to see if we were ok as it keeps going off while he tests it all.
Old 08-21-2020, 05:39 AM   #4127
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan you don’t have to send me another card. I’m sure your first one will turn up once the madness settles a bit more. We are getting mail from other countries including the UK. It must be from Spain that’s not sending. I did wonder if it’s still sitting in Spain waiting to leave lol.  It’s the thought that counts. Thank you my friend. Hugs
We went out for son1s birthday dinner.  I ate too much including a huge piece of sticky date pudding. Settling down for the night now. I was going to do some craft but feeling lazy,  
Kandie, it looks as though the mix challenge is late again.  I did the leaf one this arvo..so easy.  
Happy day everyone 
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 05:48 AM   #4128
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good heavens, first all the paragraphs are two rows apart, and now we have no breaks at all!

Good morning, happy Friday to all.

Oh boy, don’t get me started on alarms going off.  Four times in the last two weeks our carbon monoxide detector started chirping the bad battery signal.  It is in the hall outside our room.  DH can’t seem to hear the higher range sounds.  It kept going off in the middle of the night, I would tell him the alarm was chirping and he’d say no it’s not, he didn’t hear anything.  It is tied in to the alarm system, so then that alarm would go off, and that thing is LOUD.  DH finally called the alarm company, turned out the detector itself was faulty (very old).  They replaced it at no charge, all is quiet once again!

I also will send another card to Karen!

Catherine, our friends in Red Bluff, California are loaded up ready to leave once more.  One of the fires is only 15 minutes from their house, and they can see the red flames from their front yard.  They are so scared.  I just can’t imagine being in such a terrible situation of not knowing day to day if the house will catch on fire.  

Sharon, Omygosh I lose new stuff all the time!  I put it where I can find it and then can’t remember where it is!  Or did I really buy it at all???  Or I lay the sack on the bed in the spare room and don’t get the stuff put away, and think, oh no, I left the sack at the checkout at the store!!!

Jayne, I just read above that mail to Australia is on hold, so your card with mixed media papers is probably in holding somewhere!

Judy, after my neck was injured I had to have a physychotherapist give me many tests over an 8-hour period to see if I could even work.  The head injury kind of messed with my brain, I would get so upset at so many things.  He said to stay away from tv news, newspapers, and people who stressed me.  It sure is hard to do, especially in this virus/deaths/protests/election overload, and there are many mornings where just watching the news makes me tense up and so nervous and run to the craft table to try to calm down.  DH does not understand this syndrome in the slightest.  And sometimes he goes on and on and on about something and it begins to drive me batty.  I want to say, that discussion (or story, or news item) is over, stop talking about it!!!  So being around your mom who talks and talks and was carrying on about the virus, I sure feel for you tensing up, getting a headache, and wanting to get out of there.  Hugs to you for at least making the attempts to visit your mom.  I am sure she appreciated it and would not understand how it makes you feel.  HUGS and more HUGS to feel when moments are bad.

Well.  Dusty had another attack of being a pain-in-the-$&# last night and started standing on DH.  He finally got up and went out to sleep on the couch.  Then she started on me and I told her we are still making payments on this bed, I am darn well going to sleep in it, so go lay down!  And she did.  What a brat she can be!  And now she’s snoring by my feet and I am tired, and kind of want to start dropping the recliner foot rest just to wake her up, lol!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 08-21-2020, 06:16 AM   #4129
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning Kandie sorry that Dusty had a bad night again and you. You will have to have a nap later today.
I love your MM tips..awesome. 
Mail is coming to Oz but I think maybe not from Europe.  I’ve been receiving mail from the States, Canada and UK ok.  Mail from the States is taking about 3 weeks now. I think Jan’s card to me is stuck somewhere in Spain. Mind you I am waiting for an Amazon order and thought that would have been here by now *wink*. I ordered it before DH told me I couldn’t order for the rest of the year..yeah right lol.
I read that it’s a long weekend in the States. Hope you all have fun.  Who plans on getting dirty?  I hope to.
Happy day everyone 
Old 08-21-2020, 08:01 AM   #4130
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!
Catherine, enjoy your remaining time on vacation. I love both kayaks and paddle boards. I couldn't believe how easy it was to stand up on one, of course, I'm short so maybe that helps. At least if I fall down in the water, it will be a softer landing!!!

Jan, so excited that you finally get to see your son and family! Safe travels! Enjoy!

Shelly, I keep Sandy in my prayers along with Karen. So sad that such lovely people have to go through all that. I hate that darn "C" word!

Jayne, hope your Dr. finds some answers for you. Our aging bodies sure can be a pain sometimes. We can Zoom or Facetime this weekend...whatever works for anyone. I know I'll be "frozen" half the time. LOL

Kandie, thanks for understanding about the visits with my mom. I love her and I'm sure she doesn't mean to go on and on, but I'm glad I finally spoke up and asked her to talk about more pleasant things. I don't watch the news or actively follow politics any more because it makes me so anxious and I can't do anything about it anyway. My craftroom is my therapy room. Thank goodness for all my cardmaking supplies, and I can also brighten someone else's day by sending out cards! Win win. I laughed when I read your comment about dumping Dusty off the footrest! LOL

I've gotten the samples done for the DTGD challenges that I signed up for and now may do some for the other challenges, too. I'd like to do more commenting, but it takes so long for each card to load on my computer before I can write a comment, so frustrating. Oh well, I'll be back in Payson the night of September 9, so hopefully, I'll have better internet there!

Hi to all and hope you have a great day! DH just made brunch and then off to pick up meds and back home to get some crafting done. 
Old 08-21-2020, 08:29 AM   #4131
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!  Wow!  What a lot to read!
Jayne, I don’t know about a long weekend.  The 7th of September is Labor Day and that will be a long weekend.  Glad to hear you are feeling like yourself, and that you don’t have shingles!  Yes , I am excited for DTGD!  And will we have a Zoom anytime, or FaceTime?
Catherine, wow , you all are active!  So glad you are having fun! Praying for safety now and a safe return.
Shelly, I didn’t walk as far today. LOL. I have had long walks all week, so cut today’s short.
Because of DTGD, I will have to get up Early, so I can walk and be back by the time the challenges go on.  Don’t they usually go on about eight?
Thanks, Kandie, Jan, Ann, and all who piped in that I am not the only one that Has these Craft memory lapse experiences!  
Remember, I could remember what was in a SU! Order?  Well, I got it last night.  Two things.  One was the Zoo Globe stamp set.  I already have the globe shaker domes to make shaker cards. So, hope there is a shaker challenge! LOL. The other thing is Flowers For Every Season Memories & More Card Pack.  Love the papers!  I can make cards or scrapbook with them.
I have to get some cards in the mail to some church ladies, some of which aren’t back to church yet because Staying  home to be safe because of  Covid.  
So, hi everyone
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:30 AM   #4132
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Gracie!  That is how long it took me to type my post!  You posted at ten, and you weren’t there when I started!  I didn’t post till 10:30! LOL
Old 08-21-2020, 08:37 AM   #4133
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Sharon! See you on the computer this weekend! LOL I have to go shower and run errands.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:39 AM   #4134
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!
It's Iris and Athena's birthdays today, they are 11 years old!!  Making them some chicken to go with their dry food in honor of their bdays!
Caught up on the chatter, and hugs to all!!
I can zoom on Sunday but on Saturday I think the grandkids will be here to swim and then I can only pop on and off for DTGD.
My challenge goes live Sunday!
Old 08-21-2020, 08:52 AM   #4135
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! It was another stormy night here. I only got 5 hours of sleep and am finding it hard to function. I tried to stay in bed longer but my brain was awke and working overtime. Defintiely having a nap later.
I was planning on logging in to the zoom chat that Ann's son set up for us tomorrrow and then we can all just come and go as we like. It is wonderful that he did this for us!
Jan, I'm so glad that you will get to see your family soon.
Catherine, have a safe journey home.
Great news about Karen!
I can't recall much more of the chat right now. Have a great day all!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:55 AM   #4136
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie are you going back to Payson to stay for the next season or just a visit? 

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 08-21-2020, 09:09 AM   #4137
Proud Fan Club Member

I’ve been holding on to this half-made card to see what the MIX challenge is today, but again there’s no sign of it.  I think DTGD is disrupting both the site and the hostesses!
So... I looked around for something with a “U” in it and posted it to our Alpha card thread to get it off my table!!!

Old 08-21-2020, 01:08 PM   #4138
Proud Fan Club Member

I received happy mail today! Thank you Kandie! I feel bad though because this means that the other envelope was for someone else. If we figure out who it is, I can forward it along.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:01 PM   #4139
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Everyone,
All of you have so much to chat about. My life is so broading  LOL Anyway I still around too! What is everyone making beside there DTGD challenges?
mcschmidty, jan31, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 06:55 PM   #4140
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! We are safely home and boy is the air ominous out there. My phone tells me that it is very unhealthy air quality due to all the many fires currently burning in CA. 

We had a lovely trip, it was definitely a good time to be away from home due to triple digit weather here. DD2 did a great job planning both the trip and the food. Everyone got to do something they wanted. Beach (lake front) day was for her and on her birthday. Shopping day (exhausting!) was for DD1, water day with the kayak and stand up paddle board was for DH, and bike riding today was for me. I definitely want to take my own bike next time, I'll like bike riding better then.

I don't know, Gracie, I thought it was challenging to transition from kneeling to standing on the stand up paddle board. Yes, the board is very stable, but transitioning was tricky for me at least. And all the waves from the speed boats didn't help, but I did it!

Kandie, I feel for your friends in Red Bluff. That would be so hard. Of course, we live in an area that could burn up quickly and easily as well - but I can't see fire from my front porch, thankfully. Praying for your friends, the firefighters, everyone affected by the fires. Most of these fires were started by lightning, supposedly.

Wow, Jan, your trip is almost here. So exciting, I hope your trip is wonderful.

Jayne, so glad to read you don't have shingles as I understand that is very painful. I hope you are doing so much better now.

Sharon, I definitely pick things up to purchase them and then talk myself out of it before getting to the register. And yes, that does make it confusing as to whether I bought it or not.

We were all SOOOO happy to see the critters. We missed them...wonder if they missed us?

Gracie, I'm glad you spoke up with your mom. I don't watch the news any longer either. I tend to agree with the post I saw that said "85% of our problems would be solved by simply not watching the news."

Wow, you are heading back to Payson already? That came quickly!

Kandie, did you see that the mix challenge was posted for today? It is doing dry brushing. There was only one comment on it so I think it must have been posted late again.

I didn't get my U card made yet. I had a "great" idea for it...except I forgot it. I have definitely been missing crafting so can't wait to get inky!
Old 08-21-2020, 07:00 PM   #4141
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

The mix challenge was posted early, it was just lower on the thread listing.
Catherine, so glad you are back safely!!  Glad you all had a good time!!
Old 08-21-2020, 07:07 PM   #4142
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay, Catherine, back safe and sound. You must be strong to to stand  upon the board.  I don’t think I could do it.  I bet your fur babies were just as glad to see you, too!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:09 PM   #4143
Proud Fan Club Member

Is everyone ready for DTGD tomorrow?
Oh, and I was wondering the same thing, Gracie.  Is it really time to go back to Arizona!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:17 PM   #4144
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy and Catherine, yes, the summer has gone by fast. I usually don't go back to AZ so early, but I went to Arizona in Sept. last year when I had a wedding to go to in Montana and I really liked being there in the fall. My DH stays here and hunts...he also works as an architect on plans, so he's pretty busy in the fall. I have lots of friends back in Arizona. I love living on the lake, but it gets lonely when he's busy. (And, our internet is sooooo slow.) We have a lot of weekend tourists on the lake; they're usually only here a weekend or two a month. I'll fly back in November to ride with him and the dogs back to Arizona. I don't like him driving that far by himself. With the Corona Virus quarantine and restrictions, it's been even more lonely because the friends that live in Wisconsin haven't come up to visit. Also, I can't even see my new granddaughter because they won't allow any visitors for 8 weeks. I will get to see my other 3 granddaughters next week before they start school. Yay!
My internet was out for awhile as we had some thunderstorms move through. I'm up in my craft room now and hoping to get some more cards done. They are predicting scattered storms tomorrow which doesn't bode well for my internet connection and DTGD zoom chatting.
Ann, Happy Birthday to Athena and Iris. Have fun with the grandkids tomorrow. 
Hi Kandie, Linda, Shirl, Sharon, Annette, Jayne, Jan, Melody and all!
Well, I'd better get to work or I'll lose my burst of energy and go to bed!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:17 PM   #4145
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Sharon, we posted about the same time. I think I answered your question. Also, I'm trying to get ready for DTGD.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:25 PM   #4146
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Saturday and DTGD day. 
I finally found the mix challenge. It looks interesting and maybe I’ll try it with the poppets later. We plan to do acrylic pour so whilst we have the paints out we can try the mix one too.
Your holiday sounded fun Catherine and glad you had fun and are home safely.
Safe trip Jan on Monday and have a wonderful time with your son and family.  Say hi to the home country for me.  I miss it.
Had blood tests today so hopefully that will indicate what’s going on in my body but I am feeling more like myself today and yay no spasms.  I’m convinced it was a bug I had.
Happy birthday Ann to your fur babies.
Have fun everyone 
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:58 PM   #4147
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the link, Shelly.

How do I find the swaps/card/open swaps area to begin with though?  If you had not provided the link I still would not have seen it. SCS is very confusing to me sometimes.

I have been looking through everything and still don't see it.

Glad you had a good vacation Catherine!

Gracie I hope you do not lose your internet!

Ann happy birthday to your fur kids!

Good luck to all who are playing in the DTGD!

Going to go watch a movie with dh now called The Assistant with Julia Garner who plays Ruth on Ozark. She is such a good actress.

Hugs to all,
Shirl

Last edited by shirlb19; 08-21-2020 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: wanted to double space
Old 08-21-2020, 11:17 PM   #4148
Gallery Gazer

Morning, Catherine our son rang last night and our DILs cousin lives near Santa Cruz, he has been evacuated, he went home to collect stuff and he said it’s smoke damage and  smells revolting , they are living in a tent at the moment, it’s the first time I’ve heard he’s been affected. They live in I think Boulder creek! I’m surprised they haven’t gone to live with his wife’s dad as he has an organic farm nearby, unless he’s been evacuated too, scary, we once almost got stuck in LA , we were traveling back from San Diego, the fires broke out near the freeway, we were lucky and got through before they closed the roads.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:24 PM   #4149
Gallery Gazer

I hope you all enjoy the DTDG this weekend, Not sure I would be able to keep up with all the challenges.
Just got To do a  final clean around and then tonight we will load the car ready to leave tomorrow but now we are taking an extra day we don’t need to leave at 5am, Steve says he looking forward to being in an air conditioned car instead of baking in the shade at home,  our son rang and he’s worried about us traveling as areas of Spain are having huge spikes, I told him we will be careful, the hotels all have to do special cleaning and most serve breakfast in the rooms, I am a little worried but we have to leave our little bubble sometime. 
Old 08-21-2020, 11:50 PM   #4150
Proud Fan Club Member

Have a good vacation Jan!

Can anyone tell me how one puts other people's cards in their personal gallery? 

Shirl

Last edited by shirlb19; 08-21-2020 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: wanted to double space
Old 08-21-2020, 11:52 PM   #4151
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, forgot to say Jan, that I would not be able to keep up with all the challenges either.
Shirl
Old 08-22-2020, 05:05 AM   #4152
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy holiday Jan..you guys are very organised. Keep safe and well and see you when you get back. Enjoy every minute.
Well I forgot about the mix challenge and we did last weeks mix challenge and an acrylic pour. Oh my what a mess we made lol. Good job I had covered my entire table.  I think we may need a lot of attempts to get the pour technique right. We had fun.  Now we are babysitting and waiting for the kids to come home. They’ve been out since lunchtime in the city with friends. Hope to get home before the challenges go live...I’m assuming it’s this morning?
Have fun everyone. 
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:57 AM   #4153
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, happy Saturday, and hello to the DTGD challenges!  I wish everyone who is participating lots of fun.  No stressing!!!

Annette, no, there was no other person to get the vintage stuff.  I forgot to write down the names of everyone who would like some, I thought you had said you would, but I didn’t have your name on my notes, and my memory is atrocious!  All is good!  Enjoy.  

Ann, I kept looking at the MIX thread and farther down in the postings but never saw the latest one.  I wish that thread was more organized.  Thanks for letting us know.

Jayne, YAY on feeling better!!!  No more back spasms?  Those have got to be the worst.  DH gets them in his feet, calves and hands.  I am beginning to get them in my toes - my fault, I curl my toes under the chair when crafting - and got one in my hip the other day.  But in the back, no thank you very much.  SO glad you are feeling better!

Jan, I’m so sorry to hear about the DIL’s relatives who had to evacuate.  Our friends in Red Bluff sent us a photo of their window ledges, the shoot on them is about 2 inches thick.  They say if they have to leave, that’s it, they are coming back to Indiana.  They really can’t afford to move, but they say they can’t afford to stay with the fires every year.  They are worn out and stressed, in their 70s and too old to deal with everything.  They have a farm, I feel so bad for them worrying about the animals.

Please be careful in your travels, and, oh yes, HAVE FUN!

Old 08-22-2020, 06:06 AM   #4154
Proud Fan Club Member

No DTGD for me this time.  I’m still taking the Creative Chemistry 101 online classes, and I am thrilled with what I’ve learned so far.  I’m trying to do every example and have them, along with the class PDF, in a folder for reference.

Also, today is my hair appointment, YAY.  I don’t know if I want to go darker with highlights so the natural dark roots don’t show up so much, but then the gray roots show up even more, or have the color stripped off and go back to gray and see if I can get highlights put in that.  I’m leaning towards that.  And do I want the length cut off and go back to short?  Or leave the back longer and figure out what to do with the sides?????  Oh, who knows??  Lol. Poor hair stylist.  I’m going to be a problem customer, I can see it now.

DH is at the estate sale again today, day 2 of a 2-day sale.  Hundreds of collector whiskey bottles, mostly Jim Beam.  He was surprised at how many people showed up yesterday and expects them return today to get more at half price.

Old 08-22-2020, 06:14 AM   #4155
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning Kandie. Can’t wait to see what you learnt in your class. Sounds fun.
Have fun at the hairdressers. I’m the same at present..whether to leave it longer or go short again. I’m definitely having the grey covered up. I had highlights last time and there seems to be more grey lol.  You will know what you want once you sit in the chair.  Enjoy your day.
I still don’t know what time DTGD starts but we are heading to bed soon. It’s been a fun but tiring day. I will just do the challenges when I can.
Enjoy everyone 
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-22-2020, 06:23 AM   #4156
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Goodness, lots going on here...I'm back for a few days, will leave again Monday for a few days. And I'm behind on the alphabet challenges. BTW, it's always a long weekend for me, since I'm retired. Some days, no clue what day it is.
Thinking of everyone as they travel, deal with those fires (terrible!), recover from illness or injury, celebrate their pup's birthdays, play with their poppets, deal with lack of internet, alarms, weather, aging parents etc.
My advice to all of you, take it or leave it: stop watching the news!! I have not watched much, if at all, since almost a year ago. I am much happier. My sister and brother do not understand why I don't but they are angry all the time, throw things at the tv. I look at the news on websites, scroll through quickly, get the gist, DONE!!!!
Be well and safe!
Old 08-22-2020, 06:28 AM   #4157
Gallery Gazer

Just sitting in the shade trying to relax, we had a few bits to buy this morning, pork pie mainly for the ferry and bleach, coming back we thought we would clean the car, what a mistake, the machine started and every time the rollers got just to the front doors it cut out, three times he had to check the fuse, finally it did cleaned the car but we were late getting back, everything is round the back in the shade ready to load but the car is  in the sun until about 7pm, we’d lost the cool box so I bought a new one, got home and it was behind the recycling box!!!
It’s so hot it’s oppressive today, not good for cleaning.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:00 AM   #4158
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm online now if anyone wants to join me.

Let me know if you need the link.

My Gallery

Last edited by AnnetteMac; 08-22-2020 at 09:50 AM..
mcschmidty, smadson and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:08 AM   #4159
Proud Fan Club Member

Radar shows a thunderstorm headed our way and Farley is in a panic. I will have to sign off for now. I'll be back later.

My Gallery
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:15 AM   #4160
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! The sky outside is horrible with all the smoke from the many fires. If you look at a fire map of CA, it looks like the entire state is on fire.

Kandie, I would advise your friends to move out of state. CA is NOT a good state to retire to on so many different fronts. Yes, the weather can be better but I'm sure there are other states that have better weather and avoid some of the other drawbacks of CA. My brother and SIL are moving north to Idaho when my SIL retires. That is where I want to go since both of my brothers will be there when the ones who live near me move.

Jean, I agree with you so much about not watching the news!

Safe travels, Jan, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

I should go see what is happening with DTGD. I'm off to a slow start this morning.
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.