Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-19-2020, 07:46 AM   #4081
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Beautiful morning here, cool when I got up at 5:20 A.M. Laid back down for a bit but could not fall asleep! Hate when that happens!

Catherine, gorgeous pictures, makes me want to paint!!

Kandie, enjoy your shopping trip!! Poor hubby dealing with sales. Hope you start to get used to your BP meds.

Hi Shelly, so glad you got crafting time in! Nice you were able to join Gracie and Jayne!

Hello to everyone else, working on their "U" cards???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:06 AM   #4082
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs, Gracie, as you go off to your moms!
Old 08-19-2020, 09:29 AM   #4083
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Happy birthday to Liz!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2020, 09:48 AM   #4084
Proud Fan Club Member

I had to get one here to tell you that I found my lost Misti magnet! Just like Kathy, I think, or one of you, it was stuck to a die that I rarely use! The only reason, I found it was that I was trying to rearrange things on my desk. This is one I keep handy, although don’t know why because I don’t use it much! I now am going to put it in the notebooks with the rest!

Happy. Birthday Liz!
Old 08-19-2020, 10:03 AM   #4085
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, glad you found your missing magnet.

Catherine, so fun to see those pics. I have been to Lake Tahoe a few times.

Happy Birthday Liz. Hope you got my card before you left to go see Lynn!

Kandie, sorry about the dizziness. Maybe let your Dr. know and they can adjust the meds.
I am going to enjoy shopping vicariously through you today, lol! I know you will have fun getting to all those stores on your list.

Jan, glad you had a happy hair appt.

Ann, I have my U card made and will post it later. Got to get out for a walk first.

Gracie, hope today goes well for your visit with your mom. Thinking of you!

Annette, hope you got more sleep and feel better today1

Hi Shelly, Jayne, Linda, Melody, Victoria and all.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #4086
Gallery Gazer

Kandie Steve used to get dizzy after taking bP meds and it was making his too low so they took him off them as he was getting breathless too, just take care and go back to the doctors if you have any problems.

Steve had his bloods done early as we will be away when it’s due, now we wish he hadn’t as it was too high so was only given two weeks so we will still be awY so now I’m worried, they’ve dropped his dose as his blood is too thin, scares me ! I think it’s not eating veg as that affects the reading, it’s been too hot for those kind of meals, it’s been the same level for about four years so that’s worrying me although Steve just shrugged. Men
He’s just passed me his pill pouches as I left some to be put on the different slots, he said he doesn’t which one goes where, I’ve just told him if anything happens to me he needs to know, his reply was well if he pops off I wouldn’t be able to watch TV, too true, lol

When our boys were young and said they didn’t feel well Steve would say, have a shower you’ll feel ok by then!
Old 08-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #4087
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! The girls are sleeping in and I'm enjoying my coffee while checking in on you all.

Happy birthday, Liz! I, like Shelly, know my card hasn't arrived yet because I haven't mailed it yet. Sorry, I was distracted by DD2's birthday and this trip my family snuck in on me...I hope your day is fantastic!

How fun, Shelly, to know someone on Chopped. I have never seen it but I know about it.

So nice to have your hair freshly done, Jan, I'm sure. I could use another hair cut but don't if I can get one currently in CA.

DD2 wanted to do a jigsaw puzzle so we acquired a couple 500 piece puzzles and she and DH put one together last night.

I agree, lemon curd tart sounds absolutely delicious!

Kandie, that is hilarious about that TV comment. I hope you adjust to your BP meds.

Jayne, I hope you feel better.

Ann, I look forward to seeing your paintings.

Sharon, yay for finding your magnet!

Hope your visit goes well, Gracie.

Hugs!
Old 08-19-2020, 10:28 AM   #4088
Gallery Gazer

Hi Catherine lovely to hear you are chilling out, keep up the good work! Have fun
Old 08-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #4089
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy birthday, Liz, another August buddy.

I'm in the north woods of WI at a lake. My brother rented a cottage and invited me. Next week I go further north to my sister's place. Lovely to have other places to be. We're distanced and masked a lot of the time.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:34 PM   #4090
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy birthday Liz.

Well, we had to have a sump pump replaced today. More money down the drain... pun intended.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 08-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #4091
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I have to have mine replaced too! Just haven't gotten out to buy one yet! Money down the drain is right, Melody!

Sharon, so glad you found your magnet! I hate when I do those things!

Have fun Jean with your siblings!

Catherine, so nice to hear you are relaxing and your family too!
Old 08-19-2020, 02:53 PM   #4092
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone,

I was trying help today people in the buy and sell thread. The people not showing up. So, I told the Moderator:
mcschmidty, jan31, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:55 PM   #4093
Stazon Splitcoast

what is happening here today. My day is the same old same old. I hope everyone is having good day!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:48 AM   #4094
Gallery Gazer

Morning Linda, I think most are still in bed, I was up early making strawberry jam!

I tried to make a card I saw on YouTube but found I didn’t have a stamp with matching die cut that was the right size, frustrating so I put all the card back in a huff!
Old 08-20-2020, 03:50 AM   #4095
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone. How are you all? I’ve done very little today..sleep, read, post a couple of cards and comments and now I’m lying down again. No rash yet and I can’t believe the dr thinks I have shingles after all the chat on here about them. I think I have something attacking my body but what I don’t know. I shall hear what she says tomorrow when I go back.

To top this week off our oven has decided to pack in and only 8 years old. We could have it repaired but DH thinks maybe we get a better one. I just don’t have the energy to go and look for one right now.

Hope that you get a good nights rest Ann. I nearly rang you yesterday when I was chatting with Gracie and Shelly but thought it may be too late. I’m glad I didn’t as I may have woken you and especially as you haven’t been resting well.  Gracie and Shelly are night owls lol.

Happy holidays Catherine and Jean.

Waving to you all.

Last edited by Ozpom; 08-20-2020 at 03:54 AM..
Old 08-20-2020, 03:52 AM   #4096
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan could you have fussy cut the stamped image? I do that sometimes if I don’t have a die. have a great day
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:51 AM   #4097
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning ladies. Is it really good? Not here, that’s for sure. We have a little dog that was an absolute nightmare las night. Dusty got me up at 1 to go out by panting in my face. Again at 3. Then at 3:45. Then she kept head-butting DH, then she stood on him. I grabbed her and took her to the living room to leave the poor man alone, and she jumped up on the couch and waited for me. So I’ve spent half the night trying to sleep on the couch! Now DH and I are drinking coffee and trying to wake up, and guess who is sound asleep at my feet! What a little fur-brat she can be.

Well, I had no plans anyway, except to craft, so I imagine a nap will be in there somewhere, lol.

JAYNE, CONGRATS ON BEING A HOSTESS FOR WT! And I hope your doctor can find out what is going on. Meanwhile, take it easy dear lady.

Gracie, your DM never stops talking? Is she related to my DSM and DSS? They even talk over each other. Keep Calm and Think about Crafting while you are there.

Melody, the s in sump pump stands for $. When DH knows something here is reaching some age, he starts watching for sales on replacements. He’s amazing.

Jean, enjoy your visiting!

Shirl, I had a list of supplies I needed for the Tim Holtz classes, black tags and Kraft tags, reinkers, gloss cardstock. I found the Kraft tags at Michaels, and I also bought stuff not on my list - no surprise there. When I got home it was like Christmas on my front porch. I had received emails of shipments coming next week, and here they were, already delivered! And in one of the package was a die set of several tag sizes! So now I can make my own.

No reinkers anywhere, or gloss card stock. I have gloss printer paper but it is so flimsy, I don’t care for it at all.

I did buy the metal storage tins for the alcohol inks. I originally had them in an old multi-level spice rack but it’s on a lower shelf of a bookcase and I’m tired of getting down to look at the colors, no light nearby, plus half the time I can’t get back up, lol.

How is everyone this beautiful morning? 58 when I woke up, 63 now and gorgeous.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:20 AM   #4098
Gallery Gazer

All good here Kandie, just been pottering around after jam making and cleaning the shower walls, Steve cleaned the pool, I’ve been looking on amazon for craft stuff seeing I can’t go to Michaels and Joanns.

Jayne I need the die as you stamp the image below the front panel and cut the shape so it cuts the front panel to expose the stamped image, that’s as clear as mud but I did think of fussy cutting but it would be messy especially if I did it.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:25 AM   #4099
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks ladies for all the pretty cards, the emails, and wishes here. Getting to spend some stamp time with Lynn. I try to let her creativeness rub off on me while I am here.

I am using her old computer to send these messages. We are into our triple digit weather here in Texas, the prefect element for tropical storm weather. Watching two tropical waves in the Caribbean now to see how strong they develop and where they will go. Hope all are safe from Covid and weather conditions where you are.

Thanks again for the very sweet birthday wishes.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:18 AM   #4100
Gallery Gazer

Liz pleased to hear you are having fun with lynn, keep safe and enjoy your time together.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:52 AM   #4101
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Liz, so good to hear from you!! Enjoy your time with your dear sister!! Lynn is so creative, but you both are so I'm sure we are going to see some fantastic cards from the two of you!!

Kandie, isn't it awful when our fur babies have stomach issues during the night. Poor little dogies they try and tell us what is wrong. Athena has been having stomach issues all week.

Yesterday again she throw up twice in front of me, then it was outside for messes! And good thing for baby wipes, because dogs need them too!

I need to get a bunch of cards out today for family Sept birthdays. They say the US post office is running slower these days with all this mess going on. So I want to get mine in the mail early!

Off to check out challenges and take care of the dogs!!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:58 AM   #4102
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I was thinking of Karen as I woke this morning and in my email was this note from her:

Today marks one month since I have had surgery. Seems hard to believe. I am still using the walker full time and not able to drive. I finally understand what a big surgery I had so that is he expected I guess. My husband is very happy I woke up talking. This would not normally be the case, but given the circumstances, he is glad I can still talk. The rest will come in time so I can be thankful for that. I just finished 5 rounds of radiation which was very tough, but necessary, then I start a new chemo regimen. Today is the first day I get to be home and it is wonderful.

Please tell everyone hi for me and thank everyone for the beautiful cards too. The cards have truly kept me going. I look at them all the time to see what was done to the cards, which I love of course!
Old 08-20-2020, 07:59 AM   #4103
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

If you have extra cards please keep them going out to Karen, as she states it keeps her spirits up!!

Hugs to all!!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:09 AM   #4104
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations Jayne! Boy can you keep a secret, or did you tell us and I missed it?Sorry about all the fur baby problems. But I know for you ladies, the joy they give you outweighs all these problems.
Jayne, I hope you get helpful and good news from the dr.
Oh, Ann, thanks for sharing the email from Karen. I keep her in my prayers and did send her another card this week. I am glad they bring her cheer.

Kandie, sounds like you have a lot of new goodies. I don’t know why I get new craft things, but I keep doing it! The other night I was already in bed, and I thought what did I get at The store the other day and where did I put it. No lie, I had to get up and go to my craftroom and look. There was a plastic sack on the floor that I had never taken the items out of. It was two packs of Neenah white, that I use for my gift calendars and some stickers. Then I felt better. I put it away. Then this week, when I was stamping the inside of Karen’s card, I remembered I had bought, I thought anyway some sentiments, one which was perfect! I looked , and looked and couldn’t find it anywhere. So gave up. I thought, maybe I didn’t buy it after all. Do you do that sometime? Pick something up, carry it around, and then talk yourself out of it? I do that a lot. Then months later you can’t find what you thought you bought? Am I making sense? Well, I thought that is what I did. Well, yesterday, I found the stamp set and another one, too! LOL. Now it didn’t quite say what I thought it said, but just the same I found it! Am I crazy or what?
Well, I have waked my, four miles, I think, today. I have made the bed. I haven’t eaten breakfast and it is after 11! But, did I tell you I slept till eight? That is about two hours later than normal, so a slow start here. Of course, DH got up at 4:30!

What chatterbox I am today! Jan, when do you leave for your trip?
Ok, have a great day!
mcschmidty, jan31, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:19 AM   #4105
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ok Sharon, I can do better then your story!

I bought the TH poinsettia die that has the wonderful embossing folder with it! Last year I was looking and looking for it, I knew I had bought it and used it on a card but do you think I could find it!! NOPE!!

So I bought another one...and of course when I was cleaning last week, I found it!!

Now, I love the die set so having another is ok with me, but then I think I could have bought something else for that money!! The things we do to ourselves!!
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:27 AM   #4106
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Belated Birthday Liz! I'm glad you get to spend time with Lynn. Enjoy! My card for you will be late as well, sorry! I guess you'll get to celebrate longer with all the belated cards sent your way!

Catherine, I'll bet DD2 had a wonderful birthday. Wow, a 500 piece puzzle in one night! Lake Tahoe looks so beautiful, love those photos! Have fun!

Jan, glad to hear you were able to get your hair done! I hope Steve does well with his meds and Dr. appts. Such a worry for you. I laughed when he said you wouldn't be able to operate the TV if he "pops off." LOL

Kandie, I'd bug Dusty today and keep her up so she sleeps tonight! LOL I got home from my mom's to find two big piles of dog puke...kitchen rug and a dog bed! Sheesh! Why couldn't it have been DH to arrive home first? Yuk!

Jayne, I hope you feel better and the Dr. can find out what's going on with you! Very frustrating for you, I'm sure! Oh, and I got the "BIG HEAD" card! Made me laugh! And, I think you're crazier than me but it could be a tie!

Ann, thanks for the update on Karen. I wish she didn't have to go through all that! I don't think I could do it. I'll get another card off to her today...I just wish it could make her better. Hope you're doing ok too! Think of you often. Hugs

Sharon, yay for finding your magnet! It's always great when you find something you've lost.

My visit with my mom and sis went OK yesterday, but I had a dull headache all day and my sister is so loud! Mom started going on and on about this virus. I finally said can we talk about good things, I'm starting to get anxious and will have to leave. So we played cards and she talked about the great grandkids...a much more pleasant conversation for at least 10 minutes! LOL

Jean, I hope you're having fun with your siblings. The weather is pretty nice up north right now.

Melody, sump pumps are great until they quit working! $$$

Hello Shirl, Sharon, Annette, Linda, Sis and anyone I've missed today. Got to get creating now. Hugs all.
mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:53 AM   #4107
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, I've done what you've described...go back and forth about buying something, then can't remember whether I did or not. I'd be just like you and get up to check in my craft room. Oh the mind is a strange thing....

Ann, my sister and I give duplicate purchases to each other! However, sometimes we already have it! LOL

Jayne, congratulations on becoming a hostess for Ways to Use It! Yay! I can't keep up with the challenges as it is, but I'll try to find yours when it comes up!
Old 08-20-2020, 10:24 AM   #4108
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gracie, sorry you got home first!! LOL!!
Old 08-20-2020, 10:40 AM   #4109
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Morning Linda, I think most are still in bed, I was up early making strawberry jam!I tried to make a card I saw on YouTube but found I didn’t have a stamp with matching die cut that was the right size, frustrating so I put all the card back in a huff!
Is it like this card?
Attached Thumbnails
img_20200820_133322057%7E2.jpg  

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, lacyquilter, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 10:49 AM   #4110
Proud Fan Club Member

I like that one, Kathy. Is there a tutorial for that one?
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 11:37 AM   #4111
Proud Fan Club Member

I'll try to find it. It may be Jennifer mcGuire

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, jan31, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 11:40 AM   #4112
Proud Fan Club Member

I was wrong. It was Lisa Curcio.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, jan31, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 11:41 AM   #4113
Proud Fan Club Member

I didn't like the white embossing so I used garden green

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #4114
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, too funny. You are definetly not alone in your crafting experiences. I am right there with you and crazy as a loon, lol.....

Shelly, I love your Hello Beautiful card with the Isaiah verse. Curious as to what COFAUG20 keyword means. Where is that challenge also?

Sorry to all with the pet issues. Not fun cleaning up, Ann! And Kandie with your Dusty dog.

Thrilled to hear from Karen too today!

Gracie, glad you set some boundaries there with your mom. I do that too, just think I have to sit there and endure it without speaking up. Glad you did!

Now I have to go click on that card Kathy posted.

Hi to everyone and hope you have a good day. I have got to get my teapotter card ready to mail out among others as well.

Shirl
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 4 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:57 PM   #4115
Proud Fan Club Member

I got a hug in the mail! Thank you Jayne! What a cool creation!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 02:58 PM   #4116
Stazon Splitcoast

someone posted about strawberry jam. That sounds good too me!
Old 08-20-2020, 04:31 PM   #4117
Proud Fan Club Member

I just found out I destroyed a good garden parasite! The tomato hornworm I found had little white things all over it. I thought it was eggs for more hornworms but it turns out it is eggs placed there by the braconid wasp. It stings the bad worm and then wasp parasites grow and feed on the worm and kill it and more good wasps hatch and continue to help in the garden!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...V1b3YbYGa43NxX

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, jan31 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:48 PM   #4118
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I just found out I destroyed a good garden parasite! The tomato hornworm I found had little white things all over it. I thought it was eggs for more hornworms but it turns out it is eggs placed there by the braconid wasp. It stings the bad worm and then wasp parasites grow and feed on the worm and kill it and more good wasps hatch and continue to help in the garden!

Redirect Notice
OOPS!
AnnetteMac, jan31, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:15 PM   #4119
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! Today was lake day where we went kayaking and tried stand up paddle boarding. We rented a double kayak and a SUP board. I tried the SUP board for the first time and actually got to the standing up position - and I didn't fall in at all! Yay! That said, I prefer kayaking. DH got into a standing position on the board as well. DD1 at least went out on the board but didn't stand up. We couldn't DD2 to even try it though. Unfortunately, it is very smoky out there but it was still an enjoyable day at the lake. Tonight is our last night here. It has definitely been fun. I am ready for my own bed though.

Sharon, I have been there with you. In fact, the card I made for the letter P this time uses a poinsettia stamp set that I was sure I had purchased but couldn't locate. Obviously, I found it but it took me a while.

Oh Kandie, sorry Dusty was such a little bugger last night. Good thing she is so cute, right?

Good to hear the update on Karen. Thanks, Ann.

Yay, Jayne, congrats on being a challenge host!

Gracie, I'm glad your day went OK yesterday.

We are supposed to go bike riding tomorrow but I'm not sure we will. If it is too smoky, it might be better to not do it. The girls are also anxious to see their pets too. It is almost time for DTGD!
AnnetteMac, muscrat, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:43 PM   #4120
Gallery Gazer

Kathy that’s the one, my stamp and die is far too wide to use
muscrat and Kemernow like this post.