Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-28-2020, 01:10 PM   #3881
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Happy Friday to all,

I am making crustless pumpkin pie and then some low fat chocolate muffins.

I was wondering if anyone of you can give me specific instructions for creating a folder for my pm's. There are some I want to keep and not delete.

Thanks if you can help or direct me where to ask for instructions.

Hi Ann! Good luck and enjoy those challenges! I know you will!

Shirl

Shirl, go to your PMs, and over on the left under Private Messages, click on Edit Folders. I think you can probably figure it out from there.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
shirlb19, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-28-2020, 01:44 PM   #3882
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Melody. I named a folder and put 3 messages in there, and I saw that they were in there. But now, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to access them again. It is saying that folder has 0 messages in it. This is way over my head.

Help!
Shirl and hugs too!
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:05 PM   #3883
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

VSN is live with the first challenge!

MAR20VSNMINI1 Just Add Water ~ Friday Feb 28, 2020 @ 5 pm EST - Splitcoaststampers
mcschmidty, shirlb19, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:08 PM   #3884
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, sorry, Shirl. I'm as stumped as you are.

If someone else knows how to do this, please explain.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
annsforte3, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:30 PM   #3885
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine Just wanted to say Thanks, for thinking of me and cute card. And I hope your having great day!
mcschmidty, cdimick, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:38 PM   #3886
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post

Oh, sorry, Shirl. I'm as stumped as you are.

If someone else knows how to do this, please explain.

Thanks Melody. It might be the SCS gremlins, at the moment, so I am going to leave it for now. But thanks for the first part you said. I was able to get that far at least.

Re these gremlins, I saw when Jayne posted a comment on my card, that they appeared. Not in her comments but at the bottom where she says about the difference between try and triumph. There were hieroglyphics amongst it......

So this problem still has not been entirely fixed. I think it is better though!

Hi Jayne!

Shirl
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:01 PM   #3887
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl, I went in to my messages. To the left part way down there is an edit folders option under private messages. You can name and save a new folder. I created one called personal. So now when I save a message to that folder, I can click on the drop down box next to where it says in box and my new folder shows up there.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:03 PM   #3888
Proud Fan Club Member

Maybe you created your folder under subscribed threads instead of private messages?

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:13 PM   #3889
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Kathy, nope, I did create it under the private messages, and saw the three messages I had put in there, so I thought great. When I drop down from private messages I can see the name of the folder, but when I click on that name it does not take me to it. So my new folder name is there but when I click on it, it says 0 messages. I put three in it, so not sure what is going on.

Shirl

Last edited by shirlb19; 02-28-2020 at 04:17 PM..
Old 02-28-2020, 04:21 PM   #3890
Proud Fan Club Member

Maybe you movednthem to a different folder? I created a folder, named it personal, clicked in the box to the far right of the message I wanted to move and then clicked go. Then it gave me the new folder name in a drop down box and I clicked to move it to that. Then I went back to the beginning and clicked on the drop down box, clicked on personal and found the message I had moved. The folder has to be created first so you can move it to that!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 04:29 PM   #3891
Proud Fan Club Member

Okay, I have tried that with another pm and it did work, same as the first time, and so now this one is in there. But I did this with the first 3 and they are nowhere to be found. And I really wanted to keep the first 3. Drat! Guess they are lost and gone forever!

Oh well!
Thanks for your help!
Shirl
Old 02-28-2020, 05:02 PM   #3892
Proud Fan Club Member

One last thought. Check your sent folder or save folder

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:29 PM   #3893
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks I checked the sent and the first 3 are not in there that I originally made for my folder. . I think I must have forgotten to click on move item when I destined the 3 for the folder.

Shirl
Old 02-28-2020, 07:52 PM   #3894
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone..good to see our Kathy back. I must create some folders as I like to keep PMs.....important ones. Have fun at VSN.

Shirl, I wondered what happened with my comment. It was fine when I posted lol. 

Melody, thanks for the tip. Yep I didn’t want to use fabric as I only have burlap and don’t want to start buying something else. The tutorial I am following the lady used fabric so I just used what I have so I’m doing it the same.  Next time I will just use paper and not create a faux spine. It’s fun learning though.  I want to decorate it with cogs and stuff on the front.  My hubby says it would be perfect for a guy with some of the papers I want to put in but I am going to use it myself and each month write key things...it will be like a mini scrapbook/diary.

Bye for now..got a busy weekend.

Last edited by Ozpom; 02-28-2020 at 07:55 PM..
Old 02-28-2020, 09:43 PM   #3895
Proud Fan Club Member

Ah, Jayne, you are so smart to not buy something else and just work with what you have! Good on you!

Shirl
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:10 AM   #3896
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy and Shirl, I was reading your back and forth posts on saving PMs and then my eyes and brain started to glaze over and I had to quit reading...

Jayne, your mini folder is adorable!

Melody, I got your joke right away and laughed out loud, but I had to read it to DH three times before he got it, lol.

Sharon, I’m SO glad you got your nails done! Doesn’t that make your hands feel better, even though it doesn’t have anything to do with healing? Kind of a little “abstract” PT, lol.

Jayne, when your international sofa  finally arrives, it may come fitted with its own mask for protection!

Gracie, I‘m glad to hear about your ears, and sure hope the MRI shows no damage.

I signed up for the full Ancestry experience yesterday, wow, another 100 bucks, and the Newspapers too, and now I have green “leaves” (hints) all over the board - but none for my dad! I swear, that man must be a ghost! I did find a military record that MIGHT be his, it’s for the Navy and he would have been 17. DH said he could have lied about his age when he enlisted. There were over 1,000 hints with the same name and general birth date. My stepmom and I are supposed to go visit his half-sister soon. Maybe she can answer some questions for me.

I have finally traced my own ancestry directly to Germany, and the two DNA tests I had done confirm it. My grandmother had always told me we had a relative named Fredricka von Klugmorgan who came from England. When I finally found her I whooped and hollared and DH thought I’d gone batty from staring at records from so long. She was actually from Germany, Fredrika Kolmorgan, and had arrived in the US by way of a ship from London, so grandma wasn’t far off.

DH made the mistake of telling me he vaguely remembered going to visit a relative with his dad when he was young, and then he had to drag me to bed because I was feverishly trying to find this relative on the genealogical site... and then I dreamt about it!

Kind of funny... I found a funeral notice for the DH of one of dad’s relatives, and was reading it when the name of a relative on my MOTHER’s side jumped out at me as a surviving sister! Say what??? So now I’m wondering, was my mother my sister and my uncle my brother and my dad my grandpa and blah, blah blah. How the heck does that happen???

So now i REALLY can’t wait to see dad’s half-sister!!!
Attached Thumbnails
8866b59b-b925-4f7e-ac42-2dce85b79943.jpeg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited by Kemernow; 03-01-2020 at 05:19 AM..
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:23 AM   #3897
Proud Fan Club Member

The table is starting to look a bit cleared up, but somehow the floor is disappearing under piles of photos. My binder is about 3/4ths done, and then I’ll decorate the binder as well.
Attached Thumbnails
e28c752e-18bb-46a3-884c-b696c776f81e.jpg   cafa5187-ef15-4eb8-90f0-0bfa7edb6147.jpg   737a3173-ec61-4d27-a9cf-4b160f3df69c.jpg  

Old 02-29-2020, 10:19 AM   #3898
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Your filling binders, Kandie, and I am trying to get rid of them!! I have way too much information on lots of families in binders.

It's all going into my computer!! Only original documents being saved but also scanned!

Anyone else doing VSN? Melody where are you?
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 02-29-2020, 10:51 AM   #3899
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Ann, nope not even going there to VSN at the moment.

Yeah, Kandie, your eyes glazed over! My eyes and brain did too. Sorry about that! This is all too much for me trying to figure out things on SCS lately.

Got to go roast some potatoes and carrots to take to friend's for dinner tonight. And remember to bring my monopoly board game. We were going to play Rumoli, but my friend cannot find the poker chips. Thinks she thrifted them on. See-no good can come from decluttering, lol.

Shirl
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:18 PM   #3900
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Oh, and here's a funny for you:

A priest, a rabbit, and a minister walk into a bar. The rabbit says, "I might be a typo."

Melodie- I know the medical version of that joke....

A priest, a minister, and a rabbit walk in to donate blood. The rabbit says, I think I might be a type-O.

Shelly
lacyquilter, smadson, cdimick and 5 others like this post.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:40 PM   #3901
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

I opted for cleaning yesterday- and I am really allergic to dust, but it needed to be done. I only did the first floor. Upstairs does not get too bad, as we close the doors to the girls (old) bedrooms and so just need to dust the dressers and the floors are all wood. So, will swiffer them next weekend.

We are hosting 2 of the 11 kids coming for the Confirmation retreat at our church next weekend. We have 2 groups for Confirmation day- there are 160 kids in all being Confirmed. The two staying here- Sun. night through Wed AM.

Oh Kandie and Ann- genealogy is faster on Ancesty that before, but I spend so much time looking people up. Kandi, you are lucky for a name like that to look up, ours are harder- Schmidt, Klein, etc.....so if you search an area, tons of tons of results. For my G-grand, Klein- I wrote to the local Cathedral in Cologne, and they send me a family record including his parents with mom and dads parent names, and all of the kids too. Many of the German records were destroyed in WW2, but the Cologne area has many! I then went to a local LDS records room and ordered films for the area, and was able to get SO many records- weddings, births, etc......

Jayne- wow- love your journal! I look forward to seeing it with added pages too!

I am going to hop off of here and go make a card : )
Have a fantastic weekend!

Shelly
Old 02-29-2020, 03:19 PM   #3902
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm here, Ann. Finished my 3rd VSN card and getting ready to upload. I know it's still a month away, but I also need to do my samples for my own VSN challenges - doing two.

Ladies, I really do not envy you all the searching for ancestors. I'm sure it is interesting, but I just cannot get into it. My sister did quite a bit the hard way before so much was on line, but when she'd start talking about this relative and that, my brain would glaze over. LOL
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:48 AM   #3903
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I’ve finished my first junk journal. Here’s the front and back cover. The papers inside are pretty cool. I just have to make a few tags and embellishments but they can wait for now. I can do a short video showing you the pages if anyone is interested. I’m so happy with it. The trickiest part was getting all the papers even and centred and sewing them in. It’s so cute...lol.

Old 03-01-2020, 05:27 AM   #3904
Proud Fan Club Member

Fabulous junk journal!!!!!

mcschmidty, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-01-2020, 05:28 AM   #3905
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, I am so impressed! I would love to see it all. Did you put it in the gallery. There is a section for journals! I will go look.

Good morning, everyone! It will be 70 here today! It was 63 yesterday! I walked, not far, though. D H wants to get me walking poles, really! Have to go do my PT stretches and get ready for church. Later...
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-01-2020, 05:28 AM   #3906
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, good morning, Kandie!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-01-2020, 05:35 AM   #3907
Proud Fan Club Member

Gosh, I can see the top of my dining room table and even the floor again. I will put the girls’ smash books away for now and get this baby afghan finished. The shower is in two weeks! Then I can work on their books.

Then maybe back to cards again. Gosh, I miss cardmaking.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-01-2020, 05:36 AM   #3908
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, when uploading your journal , choose Anything but a card, then homemade journals and books, then homemade journals.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-01-2020, 05:36 AM   #3909
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Sharon! Happy first of March!

mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-01-2020, 05:46 AM   #3910
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning ladies....punch punch first of the month.

Thanks Sharon re the gallery. I haven’t posted it but may do that tomorrow. The pages inside are pretty cool but I don’t know how I can show them in the gallery..some fold out. Thanks ladies for your kind comment on my journal.

Enjoy your day
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:19 AM   #3911
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies. Awesome journal, Jayne.

Mid 50's here today. I think I'm leaving the winter coat in the closet today.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:33 AM   #3912
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow Jayne! Fantastic junk journal! I'm jealous. LOL I want to make one! Can't wait to see inside pages! I think you should make a video and tells us all about it!

Well, I went back and read lots of comments...since I've been doctoring and at my DD's in Phoenix. I love that so many of you are researching your ancestors! How exciting. I would love to but I don't get to everything I want to do now...card making, scrapping, and journaling. I can't fit in another hobby.

Well, I have had a crazy last few days...it seems every minute was booked. I wanted to do the mini VSN but my day became a whirlwind Friday.

I received a message from Lori "Artzadoni" who was visiting her BIL & SIL in Carefree, AZ. She was going to an Art & Wine Festival Friday and wondered if I'd like to meet her. She is from Oregon. So I thought what fun and it was only 30 minutes from where my DD lives. We met a 11 a.m. and were going to do lunch...but I ended up getting scheduled for an MRI on Friday. So, we met at the Festival for an hour & half...talking a mile a minute...getting to know each other and doing a "show & tell" with our cards. She is quite bubbly and such fun! Then, I had to rush off to my Dr.'s office to get the MRI order and then drive to MRI office. It was nerve-wracking driving all over Phoenix for 1 1/2 hours, since I'm not used to big city driving. Thank goodness for my phone and Google directions I made it to the MRI with 5 minutes to spare!

Then, I had to drive in rush hour traffic, with road construction it seemed every where, to my DD's so we could go out to dinner. Needless to say, I never did get to do the mini VSN. I will try to catch up this week, but with company all week...it's going to be a challenge. As Ann says, "People before paper."

I should find out results of my MRI this coming week, I hope...patience, Gracie, patience! LOL

Well, enough blabbing on...I sure do miss it when I can't chat with you all every day! Love and hugs to my Alpha sisters.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:38 AM   #3913
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon ladies!!

Wow, what a fabulous journal!! Hope you will upload it to your gallery!

It's sunny here today and going for a high of 52!
mcschmidty, TeeGeeDee, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:49 PM   #3914
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne did upload her journal covers to her gallery! She is so creative!
Prayers for you Gracie for good results and answers from your MRI
And your meet up, isn’t that one our newest Dirty Girls? How fun!

Melody, it was 60s here, and I took a jacket with me for a walk, but ended up taking it off before I got home.
Happy March 1st back at you, Kandie! And to the rest of you too. Can you believe it?
Ann, I am glad you are a little warmer.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:15 PM   #3915
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! I just uploaded my Q card - but didn't tell you where the Q is. I'm curious to see if you find it. I told myself that I couldn't post to the chat thread until I finished my Q card and uploaded it. Some cards are more of a project than others.

I took my car to the car wash on Friday and, thankfully, Saturday night it rained! Yay, we needed that and more would be lovely. This morning it was only 40 degrees here, last week we were seeing low 70s. I'm thankful for the cool down.

Hmmm to the discussion of creating folders and moving messages into them. It shouldn't be too hard but...

Kandie, loved your funny about discovering you are your own cousin. Makes me think of that song "I'm My Own Grandpa."

Roasted potatoes and carrots sound delicious, Shirl!

Shelly, I hadn't heard the medical version of the Priest, Minister, and Rabbit joke, that's good too! Thanks for the chuckle!

My DH has a former brother-in-law who is a Cline as opposed to Klein. I have wondered if it was a re-spelling of their name when they came to the US.

Jayne, your junk journal looks fantastic! It seems wrong to call it a "Junk" journal. So pretty! Yes, please, to the video.

Yay for seeing the top of your table, Kandie! I think I saw on Instagram that one of your cards was featured on there, very pretty!

I agree, Gracie, driving in Phoenix isn't for the faint of heart. I have a good friend that lives there and we've been to visit once since she moved there from here. (The girls were little and we went to see the Grand Canyon with them while there.) Even though we have traffic here, I still didn't really care for the traffic in Phoenix! Glad you made it safely and how fun to meet Lori!

Hoping you get your MRI results quickly too.

Now I should get caught up on commenting on cards again!
Old 03-01-2020, 02:16 PM   #3916
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You spotted my Q, Shirl!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:23 PM   #3917
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha, thanks Catherine!....That was pretty creative of you, and I do appreciate you letting me know, I guessed it! It feels nice to be right sometimes, lol......

Ha, that it rained after you got your car wash! Great news. It poured here on Friday night but was clear on Saturday.

Jayne your journal looks so good!

Gracie so cool to meet another stamper!

Melody, I told your rabbit joke to my dh, and he got a good chuckle!

We are off to IHOP shortly.

Have a crafty day all!
Shirl
Old 03-01-2020, 02:34 PM   #3918
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It's OK, I was hoping it would rain because we definitely need it. My car was so dirty, it desperately needed a wash too.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:39 PM   #3919
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, that is what I meant but maybe I didn't convey that. I know you needed some rain and were happy to get it!

Shirl
cdimick, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:42 PM   #3920
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I was joking with people that we should all get our cars washed so it could rain. Silly, I know, just having fun. Right now it looks like more rain might happen next weekend, praying it does.
annsforte3, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.