Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-21-2020, 08:13 PM   #3801
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!

Shopping day tomorrow with my 9 year old granddaughter!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
AnnetteMac, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:34 AM   #3802
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning! Where is everyone? A whole day with no chatter!
My DH dove me to church for a baby shower. I couldn’t make a card , but had one in my stash. But I wanted to stamp the envelope, but couldn’t press thr stamp, no strength. Also, I absolutely do not like the SU! Ink pads! Could not get it open, and neither could DH ! Oh, well, too early to stamp, I guess.

I hope everyone is ok. Sitting here after my shower waiting for hair to dry. I can’t manage hair dryer yet, either. I will check in after church. Still praying You, Kathy, Vickster, and Linda.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 5 others like this post.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:37 AM   #3803
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I see you are going to be a VSN hostess, and Melody, too. I hope by the Main I ca take part. Might even try the mini.. I am just excited to start again! LOL
Old 02-23-2020, 06:41 AM   #3804
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations Shelly for being this week’s featured stamper! Oh , I wish I could make a card to honor you!. I am looking through your gallery, anyway. Great inspiration!

Last edited by smadson; 02-23-2020 at 08:20 AM..
Old 02-23-2020, 07:51 AM   #3805
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Sharon! So good to hear from you! I learned a lot from you today! I'll have to go check out Shelly's gallery...I haven't been keeping up too good on SCS since I've been back. And, VSN with Ann and Melody! Cool.

Wow! No chat at all yesterday! Hoping that everyone had a good day!
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:17 AM   #3806
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies. Good to see you, Sharon. Yes, I'm a VSN hostess -- twice.

Here is an excellent read: Comparison is the Thief of Joy.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:32 AM   #3807
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, that was a wonderful article! I loved her message! Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 02-23-2020, 09:00 AM   #3808
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Sorry it was the entire day spent with my granddaughter and youngest son!! We took her clothes shopping and of course shoe shopping!!

Ready for this! We bought her 6 pairs of shoes!! Tall black boots (not outside boots), two lower boot type shoes, white sandals with flowers on top, white sparkling slip on flats, tan sandals with a 1 1/2 inch heal that have sparkles all through them! She was in heaven.

Then 3 dresses, two of them had shorts underneath in lace with long to the ground flowing shirts, then jean shorts with a top and a new sparkling bathing suit! Boy did we spend the money! Son in California chipped in too!

Another uncle met us for lunch and we went to the game store and got her 6 games for the families WeII.

She tasted lobster for the first time at lunch, had a mango smoothie, and the restaurant came out and gave her three scoops of ice cream free for her birthday topped with chocolate and caramel sauce!!

We had such a great time, she was with us for 12 hours!! Needless to say I slept in this morning!!

It's happy birthday to Sally today!!!!!!! Hope you are having a good day!!

Sharon, so glad you are healing!!

Yes, I am a hostess for VSN! Lisa and Polly convinced me to join in!

Gracie, takes time to get back into the swing of things after vacation, and you are a busy lady!!

Shelly is our featured stamper, congrats!! Need to go check out her gallery!!

I'm off to scan, and scan some more!! My youngest son bought me a new scanner that does both sides of the paper in one scan!! It's fast! Said he was tired of me using the old one and it locking up my computer!
mcschmidty, Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:07 AM   #3809
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ok it's back to reality...Athena just puked all over the kitchen floor!! Poor dogie and her bad stomach!
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:04 AM   #3810
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Ann! Boy, what a memorable birthday for your granddaughter! Such a fun day! I hope you took pictures! Poor Athena.

I'm going to try to get some crafting in today, plus some laundry, so I'd better get off SCS! LOL
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:18 PM   #3811
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning!

First thing, Happy birthday, Sally! Ihope you are enjoying a wonderful day today. Today is also my mom's birthday, hard to believe she has been gone for almost ten years now. We have a family celebration eating Bit O Honey today because she loved that candy.

Congratulations to Shelly on being Featured Stamper today! I'm hoping to craft today though we need to rent a carpet cleaner and get our carpets in better condition...we'll see how far I get today.

Yes, it was quiet on here yesterday. I was busy with the family. Last night we went to the school's production of Mary Poppins. The girl playing Mary did an excellent job (she played DD1's mom in last year's production of The Music Man). I realized though, that when I hear Mary Poppins, I think of the Disney movie which is beloved. Unfortunately the stage musical is different from that so I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

Sharon, glad you are healing. Regarding the new ink pad design, I do like the design but will say that some of mine are more difficult to open than others.

Melody, thank you for the link. That was an excellent article. I am definitely sometimes guilty of that too.

Oh my goodness, Ann, your DGD is going to remember this birthday for a long time I would think! What fun you all must have had....sorry about Athena.

I hope you get a chance to craft today, Gracie!

I have way more on my agenda for today than hours in which to get it done, so I'd better get with it!
annsforte3, Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 02-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #3812
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday Sally!!! Hope you're enjoying your day! Where did February go? LOL

Hi Catherine, no cards made yet...and, we going to neighbors for tacos tonight. Yum!
Old 02-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #3813
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone,

Busy days heard pulse I am half sick too! Cold or allergies or something!
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:12 PM   #3814
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations Shelly on being this weeks FS. I will have to check out your gallery. Enjoy your special week. Awesome choice.

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Sally, happy birthday to you. Have a wonderful day. I must check my lists more carefully...my card will be a little late. Sorry.

Ann, wow what a wonderful day your DGD had. Are you sure we aren’t related..I love shoes too lol. Such a special day. Sorry to hear that Athena is sick again.

Sharon, I do not like the new SU ink pads and opening them either. Not that I have any but my SU demo friend brought some new ones to our craft class this month and not one of us could get them open. It took my friend a while too. CTMH pads were the same and I ditched those many years ago. Give me an ink pad that is easy to open and I’ll buy the lot lol. I hope that you get to play this weekend.
Melody I loved the article and I’m my biggest critic but I do have a fill bin of fun stuff lol.

Catherine I love Mary Poppins and I would imagine that a stage production is hard to beat the movie.

Gracie, yum tacos...hope you had a good evening with your friends and you manage to craft today.

Linda, hope that you are feeling better.

We had a busy day yesterday and gosh it was humid...no good for the hair lol. Today is the usual but this arvo we are going to see the poppets and have a belated birthday dinner for our DGD...yay. Bring on the happy.

Hi to everyone else....hope everyone is ok.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:18 PM   #3815
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hi all,
We had a busy weekend, celebrated our Anniversary , 33 years- hubby took the day off work and we went to Chicago for the day- went to the Art Institute. We were going to have dinner downtown (Chicago), but were so tired, we headed home. We ended up stopping at a Red Lobster (because they did not have a wait.....) and had a delicious dinner!

Tonight, we got together with friends about an hour away- we met in the middle. It is a cute little restaurant and the food was...just OK. The guys all went to elementary school together, so lots of history! Everyone knows the others families, mothers and fathers and Grandparents as well! They all grew up on farms.

Sally- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Ann- what a fantastic Birthday shopping day and meal for your Granddaughter- wow! Queen for a day! And, so sorry for your pup being sick!

Catherine- will check that recipe for lasagna- I also cannot have soy, so will have to figure that out- no Tofu for me..... Soy is in so many things- salad dressings!!!

Jayne- loving your antiquing of papers- and making fun emphera for your great pages! Ugg.. I have huge issues with frizzy hair when it is humid!

Linda- hope you are felling better- the allergies are bad in the Midwest as well!

Thanks Sharon, Catherine, Gracie, Jayne and Ann. It was a huge honor and totally unexpected for me today.

Sharon- glad you are healing. When I had surgery on my wrist, Beate who used to be on SCS sent me an envelope of images : ) So sweet of her! I have a card for you, need to get it in the mail!

Melodie- great article!!! In my art class, the teacher says we re our own worst critics, and we have to turn off our Lt side of the brain. The teacher had us do a line drawing upside down to turn off the Lt brain!

Waving hello to all
Shelly

annsforte3, Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:59 PM   #3816
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

What a busy day...which, unfortunately, didn't include crafting.

DH and I rented a carpet cleaner and cleaned the carpet in our dining room, living room, halls, and DD1's room (Honey has had a few issues in that room.) That took a fair amount of time and energy. We were both surprised at how it made our backs hurt. I also did a fair amount of cooking and surprised my family (DD1, DD2, and DH) by cooking brussel sprouts that they liked! Love it!

Jayne, I also love Mary Poppins. The musical play has a slightly different story. We didn't stay for the second half because DD1 had to get up early.

For me, humidity makes my hair SO incredibly flat! It makes the girls hair frizzy.

Shelly, happy anniversary! And to be featured stamper in conjunction with your anniversary, that is just icing on the cake! I will get a card done for your gallery...soon, I hope!
annsforte3, Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:25 AM   #3817
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy anniversary Shelly....what a weekend you’ve had and this week..awesome. I had forgotten you were never Chicago. We got engaged on Lake Michigan..was so romantic and special. On the night they had summer fireworks..just awesome. One day I will scrap those pages lol.

Enjoy your special week.

Just got back from DGDs birthday dinner. She’s such a darling. Had fun with her and our DGS and we have agreed to go on holiday with them all later this year here in Oz. They have also asked DIL1s parents and we will all share a house in the northern part of our State. The beaches are amazing. Hopefully it will happen...will be such fun.

Happy day everyone
annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:00 AM   #3818
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, everyone. 10 degrees cooler today than yesterday, which was almost 50.

Here's a funny for you.

Some call it multi-tasking; I call it doing something else while I try to remember what I was doing in the first place.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 02-24-2020, 08:27 AM   #3819
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning and Hello Ladies. Thank you all for the Birthday Wishes. I had a wonderful peaceful day yesterday with my family. We went out for brunch and then watched some good old movies off the Disney channel. I miss all of you and crave my paper therapy. I think and pray for all of you daily. Thank you again for thinking of me. Blessings to all!
S2S2019 Challenges $15.36 as of 01/31/19
Old 02-24-2020, 09:09 AM   #3820
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! How can it be Monday again? I need more weekend! My brother called yesterday to see if DH can help him move furniture Wednesday after work because they are having carpet cleaners come and clean their carpets. Definitely the easier way to go than what we did yesterday. They are getting a new couch and love seat (sounds like what I want in my house) and wanted to get their carpets cleaned first.

Shelly, I do recall reading that if you want to make the veggie lasagna even easier, to just use vegan cheese instead of the basil ricotta. I'm not sure how that would turn out but the recipe author suggested it so I'd give it a try.

Jayne, I look forward to seeing the engagement scrapbook pages! Sounds lovely. The family vacation sounds lovely too.

That's a good funny, Melody! Made me chuckle.

Sally! Glad you popped in and that you had a lovely birthday.

Hi to everyone else....I'm not even going to try to name names!

Off to get ready for work, chat with you later!
Old 02-24-2020, 10:28 AM   #3821
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon everyone!! Day of cleaning today! Sheets in the wash and kitchen cleaned after the weekend!

Nice, Catherine that you got all the carpets done!

Sally so glad you had a nice day!!
Chatterbox-1 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:41 PM   #3822
Stazon Splitcoast

hello ladies

Today is not good day very stress enough is going right need prayers please!
Chatterbox-1 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:44 PM   #3823
Proud Fan Club Member

Praying, Linda. I always include you in my prayers.
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:11 PM   #3824
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy birthday Sally.

Congratulations, Shelly, on being featured stamper. I'm glad you ladies are on top of things, because I never check that challenge. Here's my card: falling leaves.
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:41 PM   #3825
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You're in my prayers, Linda.

Hmm, I'm home from work and feeling like doing nothing! Not good, I have a lot to do...uh-oh!
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:34 AM   #3826
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Wow, where is everyone? I was able to complete my T and S cards yesterday. Just one more card and then I'll be caught up - of course, we have Q this week! So, we cleaned the carpets on Sunday. This morning we found that Honey had an accident...so two days of clean carpet. Oh well, we knew it was going to happen. She is getting older and having more little accidents.

Kandie, I hope your furnace is fixed. I wish I could send you some of our warmth.

Praying for all of you...
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:29 AM   #3827
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Catherine! Way to go on getting T & S cards done. They are beautiful! I need to get cards made today. Company tomorrow and then Dr. appt. Thurs. and staying at my daughters for a couple of days. So I'd better get my rear in gear!

Hoping everyone is well!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:39 AM   #3828
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

I'm here, just slow today!
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:12 PM   #3829
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

REMINDER!!

It's a difficult letter this week! Yes, it's "Q"!

Keywords: ABC12Q23, ABC12, and your personal keyword!

Have fun with it!!

Can you believe it, three more weeks after tomorrow's letter for this round!!!
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:30 PM   #3830
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I was here yesterday but not for long. I had a stomach bug most of the day. I did manage to make a card later in the day. Feeling still a bit off colour today but nothing to worry about...I must have taken a bait or picked up a bug. I’m on dry foods today. I also intend to craft as much as I can starting with a card I’ve already been into my room and chosen a few things to use for it. I think I will also try making a junk journal too...or maybe my plan may change nI’m going with the flow today.

Ann, I was slow moving with you. Gracie, good luck at the Drs on Thursday and enjoy time with your DD. Catherine sorry to hear Honey had an accident. I remember when we had our cat and we had just had carpets cleaned and she coughed up the biggest fur all all over the clean carpet. Hubby was not impressed.

Shirl, so happy to see you creating again. Hi everyone else.

Have fun
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:04 PM   #3831
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

So sorry to hear Jayne that you had a stomach bug! Yuck! This has not been a good year so far!

If you have a pet there will eventually be an accident of some kind! LOL! I'm not always laughing though as I am cleaning it up! Our dogs are getting older and they just can not help it sometimes. Makes it easier though when it is not on carpet!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:28 PM   #3832
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I did manage to make one card for the Teapot challenge and started 2 others, but will finish them another time. My neck and back are starting to bother me. I used lots of old supplies and tools today...fun, digging through my HUGE collection of "stuff" LOL! It's hard for me to get rid of anything and after 40 years of collecting...my little room is bursting at the seams! Oh well, at least I use it...or will some day.

Jayne, hope you're feeling better today!

I'm getting company tomorrow afternoon, so I'm going to have to get up and do some cleaning...mostly a lot of "clutter" that needs to be put away.

Goodnight all!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:43 PM   #3833
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night Gracie!!

I am heading that way too! Eyes are red and sore from doing taxes today!
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:53 PM   #3834
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sleep well ladies and I am feeling much better..eating dry stuff helps lol.

I’ve just been checking the Alpha cards/projects list and it seems I did 2 for L and A and 3 each for G and F. Serves me right for not checking lol. I shall do S today.

Has anyone heard how Vicki is going and Kathy. I saw both had been creating but not chatting. Sending hugs
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:01 PM   #3835
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I got my R card done and I have a quirky idea for Q...see what I did there?

Gracie, it would be so much fun to play in your craft room!

Sorry you were dealing with a bug, Jayne, hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

Ann, your eyes are red and sore from doing taxes? Crying over the results? Just kidding!

As for Honey having an accident, yes, it was inevitable. With the dog (who is getting older) and the cat, I'd prefer to have hard surface flooring throughout the house except in my bedroom (where they aren't allowed anyway). DH cleaned up the accident this morning and thinks we need to get training pads because she is getting older and can't always hold it. I'm not sure we could get her to go on the pad though!

Sweet dreams!
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:02 PM   #3836
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Glad you are feeling better, Jayne!

I have been wondering about Vickster and Kathy as well as others.
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:09 AM   #3837
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning to everyone. I’m caught up on chatter once again. I’ve signed up for newspaper info on Ancestry.com and have suddenly gotten flooded with articles and draft cards and high school pictures that I never had access to before, so anyone who works at genealogy will smile when I say I am in heaven, searching and printing out info for my smash book, posting photos to the individual galleries online, and just generally forgetting about housework and spending hours instead buried online and in paperwork. In between still working on the baby blanket too.

Ann, I might have taken a wrong turn on searching for my dad’s family line. I had found an ancestor and his wife in Norway but couldn’t get any further. Now, I’ve found a man with the exact same name, with wife with the same name, and they were from Ohio. Today I want to see if I can backtrack from that couple.

Still cannot find much info on my dad, though. No military records, no photos, no nothing. I think he must have been in the witness protection program, lol.

Sally, happy belated birthday!

Shelly, congrats on both being featured stamper and your anniversary!

Sharon, so good to hear how you are doing!

Ann, I just washed my favorite quilt a few days ago, and now Dusty has thrown up on it and does it ever stink! Off to the washing machine again, phew!

Good morning to everyone I missed!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:11 AM   #3838
Proud Fan Club Member

New furnace being installed this week.

And my right eye is doing terrific, left eye is still getting light flashes from nearby light sources. Also, I keep trying to push my glasses up on my nose and instead poking myself in the forehead, lol. Old habits are hard to break.

Old 02-26-2020, 05:15 AM   #3839
Proud Fan Club Member

By the way,
Attached Thumbnails
8d6b6bed-5412-46e6-9b81-062d2646be81.jpeg  

Old 02-26-2020, 05:42 AM   #3840
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for thinking of me and asking about me. I'm still having a rough time and if you find something in my gallery it's because I needed paper therapy. I may need a visit to my doctor to help with the anxiety and panic.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html