Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-16-2020, 10:31 AM   #3241
Proud Fan Club Member

I think online banking is a mistake for some people. My DS had big financial issues when he quit using his register. He would check and see he had a lot of money, not realizing some things hadn't cleared yet. When I did his banking on the computer, I also filled in his register. Extra work, but its easier to understand and I didn't always turn my computer on during the day.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:01 AM   #3242
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, cataract surgery? Oh how yucky!
JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:29 PM   #3243
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the nice comments on my X card! Did anyone notice that the rabbit’s mouth is an x, and its arms, fingers (paws?) and legs are also crossed into Xs! Five Xs in all, lol.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
muscrat, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:36 PM   #3244
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Hello ladies!
Now that I have my desk, all of the drawers and the surrounding area organized, off to the next wall. It is mostly DSP in an organizer, one with Stencils, ribbon and enamel EP...and finally a holder for 6x6 DP (one desk drawer is also full of 6x6 DP.

Catherine- Congrats to you!!! That is awesome! Good you are working at home to reduce your ecposure to the germs your office mate has!

Shirl and Ann-hope you are feeling better! My pulmonoligist has me go straight to Augmentin for sinus issues- no messing around with Amoxicillin, etc....if it starts in my chest, she uses a Z pack.
Ann- so sorry for your niece! poor kiddo!

Kandi- glad you are getting checked out- I would dislike that smell/taste very much! I use a Netti Pot for a saline wash daily- if I miss it for one dayI get stuffed up right away. The ENT doc wanted to do sinus surgery, but I put it off and will not have in unless I start getting more frequent sinus infestions again. (OUCH!).

Sharon- how nice you got a shower and are getting your hair done! Hope that you have healing and the casts can come off and stay off!

Gracie- Maui sounds fantastic! we went in Feb (years ago) and had a great time watching the whales.

Kathy- we do not balance our checkbook anymore (for years). We just watch to make sure big checks are cashed. So far, no issues.

Dagmar- sounds like a beautiful day- I would love a day in the 50'sF!!!
Hope your renovation goes smoothly and stays on the timeline!

Jayne- too bad you are not closer- you could come get the cart. It is awkward and in the way in my room. I do like that it rolls, but not functional for me.

Hoping everyone has a fabulous day!!! Stay warm!

Shelly
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:46 PM   #3245
Proud Fan Club Member

Ugh! I used that saline solution this morning. I had my usual El Monterey frozen beef and cheese burrito and grapes and took my daily Ivite eye vitamin, which I do everyday. Then I burped, and now everything tastes like fish!! Ugh, so disgusting!

annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:31 PM   #3246
Proud Fan Club Member

I just thought your bunny had to pee. That's what my legs look like when I have to go! LOL
annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:29 PM   #3247
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Uh-oh, you all sent your cold weather to me! No thanks...we have snow falling. I don't really care that much except that DD1 has to go to work at 3:30 in the morning and she really doesn't have much snow experience.

Thanks, Dagmar!

You have cataract surgery coming up, Kandie? I missed that in the thread. Do you know what brand of lens they will insert? That is the question I always ask because I used to buy those when I worked at the hospital.

Shelly, you are getting so much organized, how awesome...and I sit here feeling like a slug!

By the way, Jayne, I forgot to mention I pictured you bejeweled with your embellishments sticking to you!

Featured Stamper 637
Phillippians 1:6
muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:03 PM   #3248
Proud Fan Club Member

I am trying to catch up. But some doesn’t make zinc. I can’t figure out what Kathy is saying about a bunny and peeing???

BTW, how are you doing since your surgery, Kathy?

Ann, are you better? The rest of your family?

Dr today: they took off heavy casts and put on braces, which I can take off for bathing, and careful exercises. I go back the 19th of February. Over 4 weeks. After that, depending on range of motion, begin PT. So still have a ways to go! But, now have a little bit more fingers showing, and no more big ball of cast in my palm! LOL. No lifting heavier than my phone, iPad, or cup of tea. I can eat easier now. I was holding my utensil like chopsticks, now I can hold regular. Really , I have come a long ways! I couldn’t feed myself except thru a straw that week before surgery.
c9b40e2f-ee53-4cfd-862e-602525a5ad0e.jpg

57447f25-48dc-4cf4-9cc1-5762bdfc36ce.jpg

6ab87cc2-da59-4136-88c1-0db8f29b08d6.jpg
Photo of me after surgery two weeks ago today, today with new braces, X-rays.

BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158
Scrapbook pages 170 as of 11/30/19
Old 01-16-2020, 05:04 PM   #3249
Proud Fan Club Member

Those white things are the plates and screws they implanted.

Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158
Old 01-16-2020, 05:06 PM   #3250
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh my Sharon, my heart aches for you! So glad you got those big ones off! Prayers for your continued healing!
smadson, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:30 PM   #3251
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, about the bunny and peeing....go look at Kandies x card for the alpha challenge. You will get it then. And funny you ask about my surgery after the word peeing! LOL. I think I'm worse than before surgery. My bladder feels full quicker and I'm going more often. I see Dr. On Wednesday so we'll see what she thinks.

Mom has xrays that look similar to yours! Glad you got out of those casts!
Old 01-16-2020, 05:32 PM   #3252
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sorry, Sharon, but I had to laugh at the x-rays. Those white things look like naughty fingers.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquilter
come join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:02 PM   #3253
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyquilter View Post
I'm sorry, Sharon, but I had to laugh at the x-rays. Those white things look like naughty fingers.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought that
lacyquilter, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:02 PM   #3254
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay, Sharon, so glad you advanced to braces. I'd say those white things are your bionic parts!

Featured Stamper 637
smadson, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:15 PM   #3255
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, so lovely to see your face but not with your big puffy hands and wrists...how you can smile so lovely after what you have and are going through I don’t know. So glad to see you back on here and on the mend. You made me laugh about your DH showering you...mine would love it too.

Dagmar, I hope your renovations go well and what a pain to have to move out for 2 weeks. I hope you are going to stay somewhere nice.

Kathy, please don’t mention pee’ing...I go often as my bladder doesn’t seem to holed more than a thimble full lol. I fear I may have to go and discuss it with the Dr in due course.

Catherine and Gracie I also don’t like my photo taken, and Gracie I agree that we are our own worst critic. I always say to DH and the kids, make sure you get my best side and I will not pout like a fish and like the young girls do...it shows all the lines

Kandie, Dusty looks so cute. I must check out your peeing card ...I meant X..lol.

Ann, yes maybe wait until you can go through Medicare as long as you don’t get sick again. We need all the help we can get when we retire.

I had a sinus/nose op when I was 21. I had the bone on one side reset as it was blocking my nasal passage and I also had the lining of my nose scraped. I had black eyes for weeks and a sore nose for over 13 months. It helped my sinus/allergies but they came back about 2 years ago. I’ve had them all my life but back with a vengeance. If they get bad I take augmentin which fixes it quickly. I also am supposed to do a saline wash weekly but don’t. I’m bad. I also now use a nasal spray called Dymista 125/50. It is marvellous and I haven’t had a bad sinus headache since I started using this spray. Plus I changed my pillow lol...I had one to support my neck and got rid of that for an allergy high one and I don’t know which is helping me..the pillow or the spray as I started both at the same time Sinus infections are no fun.

Shelly you sound like me getting organised.

Catherine I was certainly bejewelled..lol...stuck under my feet and in my legs lol.

Take care everyone...poppets have arrived. Yay
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:45 PM   #3256
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Ann for your comment. Hugs to you! I also thank you for my card, you sent. So sweet to do that when you are ill!
I haven’t been to “with it”, but want to thank you allllll for your cards. Love them. DH opens them and passes them to me.
I was slightly confused though recently. I had two envelopes from Shirl, but only one card. Just now , I was going through my cards again, and found a letter in one of Shirl’s envelopes. Mystery solved! She sent me a card from Kandie! Kandie, your butterfly card is so pretty. I hope to feel good enough to go through the cards tomorrow, and try to thank each of you.
A both peeing....I didn’t have to from leaving my DD ‘s house at about 11:30 am until we got home in Wichita about 5:30. We wondered what we would do, if I had to, but God is good! Even that at week before surgery, when I needed complete help, I didn’t need to go all the time, and could go all night without waking up to go! But, now that I don’t need help, I feel the urge lots, after getting in bed, and then nothing. Sounds like I need to have a talk! I feel not needing to go so often while dependent on DH was due to answered prayers!

Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158
muscrat, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:16 PM   #3257
Proud Fan Club Member

Have any of you seen the commercials for third love? Is my hearing bad or does she say "I love that my curbs have curbs?". I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be " I love that my curves have curves" but I swear she is saying curbs....
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:25 AM   #3258
Proud Fan Club Member

Good afternoon all,

just a quick pop in to thank Jayne for the Birthday mail, which arrived today.

No sun today, the forecast is telling us, we will get snow. I don't need any snow, and freezing temperatures.

Take care everyone, back to work.
annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:32 AM   #3259
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Dagmar glad it arrived ok. Happy day
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:11 AM   #3260
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Dagmar! You say good night and then we say good morning.

Sharon, about the two envelopes from Shirl, I had made a card for Shirl’s birthday and one for you, and when I addressed your card I was looking at Shirl’s address and bingo, Shirl got your card, lol. She was nice enough to re-address an envelope and mail my card to you!

Shelly, I’m thinking I should go ahead and buy a Neti pot. I’m hearing too many good things about using one.

Kathy, I still use a paper register as well. I keep receipts and every couple of days get them entered so I don’t forget.

Peeing rabbit card? Oh great, now you have me giggling, LOL.

Catherine, my follow-up eye appointment is next Tuesday to retake some tests, and then set up the surgery date for the right eye in three weeks, and the left eye three weeks after that. I’ll ask about the brand of lenses.

Sharon, yay for the casts off!!! You are healing quickly! Thank you for the photos, I like photos that show what happened. I wonder if you will be able to make cards faster with your new bionic wrists!

Jayne, I sure hope my sinuses don’t get to the point where I need surgery! It seems like just about everyone on here has been there!

Good morning, everyone!

smadson, muscrat and Ozpom like this post.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:26 AM   #3261
Proud Fan Club Member

My shingles shot hit me yesterday, about 12 hours after I got it, and oh boy did anyone get the license number of the Mack truck that ran into my upper body? I was curled up on the couch, my blanket up to my nose, and these gnats started flying around my face. I kept swatting at them and DH said, what are you doing? Then I coughed and one flew into my mouth and down my throat and I yelled GACK and he said what now? So he said, oh well, a little protein never hurt anyone!

I dropped my Kleenex I had in my hand between the couch and the end table, so got up and moved the table out of the way to pick it up, and guess what I found? Remember that coffee I spilled a few days ago? Apparently it also ran between the couch and back of the table and ALL OVER THE FLOOR. Oh my gosh did the carpet ever smell SOUR and gnats were flying around! Here’s me, then, down on my hands and knees scrubbing the carpet with Resolve powdered cleaner and Lysoling the back of the end table. This morning as soon as I got up I vacuumed the powder up and then got down to smell the carpet and it now smells clean and fresh. And I haven’t seen a gnat for me to swallow yet this morning, fingers crossed, lol. What a mess.

annsforte3 likes this post.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:31 AM   #3262
Proud Fan Club Member

I use a sinus rinse by Neilmed. I can control the flow I'm not sure how the neti pot works, but with mine you just fill the bottle, add the packet of saline solution and then you squeeze it slowly up one side and it runs out the other. I watched a video first because I was afraid I'd drown myself! LOL I just keep my mouth open so I remember to breathe through the mouth as I rinse. It only took once to get it figured out right and I do feel better after I use it. But, sometimes if you bend over after using it, water ran out because there is a bit leftover and my head was in an upside down position. Its worth learning to do it and using it. But you must add those packets or your nose will burn like after a swim in chlorine
Old 01-17-2020, 06:32 AM   #3263
Proud Fan Club Member

DH is bored. He wants to go to an estate sale today, which is about a half hour drive.

And he’s not awake yet. He just carried the water pitcher to fill up the coffee maker over to the microwave, lol.

So I’ll take some Tylenol and go with him. The bad weather is supposed to hit tonight, rain to sleet to snow to ice for the next three days.

What do all of you have planned for today?

annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:37 AM   #3264
Proud Fan Club Member

DS dropped one of his drinks on his floor the other night and I thought I had scrubbed it all up, but I decided to put some DVD's away and those cases are sticky! So I'm going to wash DVD cases when he goes to work.

Every other Friday I call the banking automated teller to see how much they deposited for DH's check so I can do banking. The past two checks have been over $200 more than I expected. I told him he needs to see why because we cant afford to pay back if someone screwed up. Its better to figure out why now. He's been on vacation the whole pay period of this last pay, so there shouldn't be any overtime.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:38 AM   #3265
Proud Fan Club Member

My plans today....wash DVD cases! LOL
Old 01-17-2020, 06:38 AM   #3266
Proud Fan Club Member

And the regular dishes, laundry and trash.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:40 AM   #3267
Proud Fan Club Member

I set my coffeemaker up last night so all I had to do was turn it on. The cat wants fed as soon as I'm up, so I just turn it on and then feed Mr. Crybaby!
Old 01-17-2020, 06:50 AM   #3268
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Plans for the day...groceries being delivered this morning! Empty dishwasher! Feed the dogs. Take a nap since the meds are messy with my system and for two hours last night I was up every half hour to pee! Gotta get off this stuff! I took sudafed last night and I think it is the culprit!

Kandie, I was going to ask you how you did with the shingles shot! I hurt so long from the first one too as you did! Not looking forward to getting the second dose!

Kathy, my spouse had to do the same rinse several times a day after his nose surgery. In the beginning it was lots of drainage and blood! He said he would never do that surgery again!

Off to feed my two babies! Iris gets very angry if she is not fed on time and she starts barking at me!
Old 01-17-2020, 07:31 AM   #3269
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I use a sinus rinse by Neilmed. I can control the flow I'm not sure how the neti pot works, but with mine you just fill the bottle, add the packet of saline solution and then you squeeze it slowly up one side and it runs out the other. I watched a video first because I was afraid I'd drown myself! LOL I just keep my mouth open so I remember to breathe through the mouth as I rinse. It only took once to get it figured out right and I do feel better after I use it. But, sometimes if you bend over after using it, water ran out because there is a bit leftover and my head was in an upside down position. Its worth learning to do it and using it. But you must add those packets or your nose will burn like after a swim in chlorine

Kathy, I use that bottle and saline rinse every week. Yes, sometimes it's hours after I've done it, I'll bend over and saline will come out of my nose! It sure does help keep my sinuses clear and healthy.
muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:38 AM   #3270
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, lots of chat to catch up on! I skimmed it, but will have to go back and read it again to make comments. lol

I taught art class yesterday afternoon for homeschool kids. It was so much fun! Teaching is like riding a bike...it just seemed so natural, like I never retired!

Catherine, last night I thought of you as we went to a piano concert by Jason Lyle Black, I think that was his name. He was on Ellen DeGeneres once and has played all over the world. He was AMAZING! He could play the piano lying on his back on the floor! He is also a composer...very talented. He played Classical, Disney, Broadway tunes and so much more! Wow!
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:46 AM   #3271
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my Sharon! Those pictures look so awfully painful with 2 casts! I can't believe you were smiling! Your metal plates reminded me of John Travolta singing and dancing to "Staying Alive", with his pointer finger in the air! LOL Not naughty like Melody and Jayne...bad girls! Ha Ha! So glad your able to use your fingers somewhat with the brace now! Well, I guess if you fly now, you'll be setting off the metal detectors! That's a lot of metal in your arms! Amazing what doctors can do now!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:53 AM   #3272
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow! Kandie, what a morning you've had! Oh my, I gagged when I read about that gnat flying in your mouth. I'm glad you found the spilled coffee and were able to clean it up. I hate when I do that kinda stuff! I was waiting to hear how your fared with your second shingles shot. It sure sounds awful. I hope Ann's goes better for her after all her illness. Of course, you probably have to be healthy to get the 2nd shot. Both of my parents had cataract surgery and it was successful with no complications. Like I said to Sharon, it is so amazing what the doctors can do now for our aging bodies!

Hello to everyone and hoping all this illness and surgeries get over with soon!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:00 AM   #3273
Proud Fan Club Member

I swallowed a mosquito two summers ago when they were so bad.

I'm not getting the shingles shot. I don't go anywhere and am not around kids so I'm taking my chances on not getting shingles. The shot sounds too painful and I deal with pain more than I want already.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:08 AM   #3274
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, regarding the paycheck... I don't think some things are taken out of vacation pay, so that may be why it's more.

Good morning, everyone.

We're going out for our Christmas lunch with in-laws today. So I may not get much done today. Already showered, ate breakfast and washed dishes. We need to leave in about 1/2 hour.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquilter
come join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 01-17-2020, 09:30 AM   #3275
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, it's not being around kids that has the greatest factor for shingles. It's if your immune system gets low or if you are stressed.

I got them after taking care of my family who were sick with the flu. Lack of sleep and all the stress brought them on.

I can tell you the pain from shingles is no fun! It is far worse then the shot affects.
Mine also affected the nerves in my face, felt like bugs crawling across my face. The spots were by my eye too. So I was having to go to the eye doctor every few days to make sure I did not loose my sight.

So I am saying think about it again of getting the shot!

Both my aunt and uncle got Shingles last year and ended up in quarantine in the hospital and lots of pain.
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:26 AM   #3276
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! I took a wrong turn yesterday on my path to getting better. Not sure what caused that, but boy, talk about going the wrong direction! It seems whatever I'm fighting decided yesterday to develop cold symptoms so last night I was blowing my nose etc. I went to bed early and, thankfully, slept like a dead person for 6-7 hours straight. I was concerned with the nose blowing that I wouldn't sleep well and would disturb DH. Thankfully, that didn't happen. Apparently we lost power at some point in the night because our clock in our bedroom was on full power when I woke up. I'm better right now than I was last night, but I'm probably going to sleep most of the day. Enough already!

Yuck to gnats flying in your mouth, Kandie! Glad you found the culprit and got it cleaned up.

I have used a NetiPot and found it to be helpful...once I got over the concept of it.

I'll have to look Jason Lyle Black up on Youtube, Gracie, thanks for his name.

I'm thankful to report that there is no snow on the ground outside. I think it was probably even good when DD1 left for work at 3:30 am. That's a relief! I'm also thankful that DD2's first behind the wheel driving lesson isn't today, it is a week from today. i'm thankful because I am not up to taking her to it and riding in the back seat which is what I'll be doing next week. And yes, I will be going along for the driving lesson. Believe me, she doesn't want to go off in a car with a man she doesn't know for a driving lesson.

All right, my eyelids are getting heavy again already.

Featured Stamper 637
Old 01-17-2020, 10:34 AM   #3277
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, sorry your cold took a bad turn! Rest!!

That's what I am going to do right now!! Nap time, throat hurts and I'm coughing away!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:58 AM   #3278
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm feeling rather fortunate after hearing all your stories about being sick. I had a horrendous runny nose and cough for a week or two maybe longer but I did not have fever and I did not feel too bad.

I've been having fun playing detective this morning. You all know how much I love that. My demo friend had a medium coastal cabana marker but she could not find her light and dark. My other friend has a light and dark coastal cabana and a medium Bermuda bay. So then I find out my demo friend is also missing a medium Bermuda bay. Since I give a lot of stuff away, my other friend thought the markers she had were my old discards, when in fact I believe she got them mixed up with demos stuff during a class. I do know that the newer alcohol markers have a UPC code on them Plus a catalog item number. The older ones are called blendabilities and the new ones are just called blend so that is another difference.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:25 PM   #3279
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy,
Thank you for the pretty Birthday card. Linda Hotwheels
Old 01-17-2020, 02:35 PM   #3280
Proud Fan Club Member

You are welcome Linda! I know its early but rather early than late! LOL