Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-17-2019, 08:12 PM   #281
Proud Fan Club Member

My detective skills haven't failed me! But no time to get it done tonight. Its an update to an old tutorial!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
annsforte3, Hawaiian and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:14 PM   #282
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, gorgeous star box! Wow, that is so pretty.

Sweet dreams, Ann!

Kathy, they are on to you and have figured out how to hide the tutorial until the actual day!

Jayne, good for you sticking with your list. As for winning with the deck, I'm not sure. I thought we were and then DH told me about another step in the process that I didn't know we had to do...ugh! We are done with it for tonight though and probably won't be getting back to it tomorrow because the forecast is for rain.

Yes, Gracie, it will be lovely when it is DONE! Yay, you get to craft and your time is your own, how lovely.

Next time you have some work in California, Melody, pop in for a visit! LOL Creamy cauliflower soup sounds delicious.

Jayne, I thought for sure your M card was for Vickster!

Well, done with the deck for tonight anyway. I've cleaned the kitchen and washed/dried the towels. Maybe I'll get to craft? I have a partially completed card, sometimes I have a hard time getting started again when I am mid project.
lacyquilter, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:15 PM   #283
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, I wondered about the cards that Dini posted going back to that old tutorial and wondered if something was up with that.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:24 PM   #284
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Kathy, I wondered about the cards that Dini posted going back to that old tutorial and wondered if something was up with that.
I wondered too. But there was no video with that tutorial. Dina did one for it. And I have an idea already for what I want to do! But I need to head to bed!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:57 PM   #285
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine...I've done 2 things on my list and then found I needed to print something off this site so here I am again....LOL. I like to keep sis Vicki guessing...we can't let her know everything LOL....time will tell....LOL....say no more. I so would like to post my L card but I really don't want the person to see it and it's possible she may. Oh well...I shall post it in 2 weeks time.

Back to my list....
cdimick, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:11 PM   #286
Stazon Splitcoast

Jayne, I just don't worry if someone is going to see a card, unless it's something really, really special and unique for a special occasion.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
annsforte3, Hawaiian, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:38 PM   #287
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Jayne, I just don't worry if someone is going to see a card, unless it's something really, really special and unique for a special occasion.
Hi Melody...it's for a special birthday but not unique as I sort of copied one I found on Pinterest LOL although I did add my touch to it and only copied one part of the Pinterest card LOL. I may post it later. As for the fairy one.....say no more I had to say something otherwise someone would think it was for them LOL.......and maybe it is. I like surprises and like to give them LOL.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:15 AM   #288
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You guys are too funny with worrying about who sees your cards!! But your card will look so much better in real life so maybe not to worry!

Morning everyone!!
stampin'nana, Hawaiian, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:31 AM   #289
Stazon Splitcoast

Totally agree, Ann. Much better IRL.

Good morning everyone. My Thursday class is today... lol Changes due to some medical issues for one of my ladies.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 09-18-2019, 09:20 AM   #290
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning everyone! Quiet on here this morning. The forecasted rain for this morning has arrived. Honey had her trip outside just in time, whew! I don't think it will rain all day though. I'm still wearing my sandals to work as it won't be raining down there.

DH gave DD2 and I the bad news that there is another step we have to do to the deck before we can refinish it...ugh! But we won't be working on that today due to the rain.

Jayne, lovely L card!

Yes, I agree with Ann and Melody, cards are much better in real life.

Melody, have a fun class (it's probably over already!)
Old 09-18-2019, 11:10 AM   #291
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all,

Catherine, decks are lots of work, but so worth it when it's done. I hate painting and staining. I could never do what Kandie does, but I sure admire people who can repurpose furniture and decorate!

I tried to put all my craft things back in order in my Arizona craft room which is much smaller than the one I have in Wisconsin! I have to be very organized to fit it all in there!

By the way, since I'm in Arizona now, that is my address rather than the Wis. one. Just an FYI since I have a birthday in October! wink wink LOL

Hoping to make some cards today, but I'm going to surprise the ladies at Mahjong since they don't know I'm back yet! We play Mahjong from 1 pm to 4pm, so hopefully, I'll have energy when I get home to make a card or two. I still have that nasty chest cold/sinus thingy going on 2 weeks now! Yuck! I may have to go to a Dr. if it doesn't go away. But, the Arizona weather does help and I'm starting to feel a little better. Crossing my fingers and toes.

Have a great day! I'm going to go check out the cards for "L" and then get ready to go.
smadson, annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:40 AM   #292
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, I wish you all the best in refinishing your deck. My DH and I are painting our son's deck around the pool and hot tub. There is so much wood surrounding them! He had all of the top wood replaced this past winter. We've been traveling to Va Beach to work on the project. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive one way, but we get to see him and the 2 grandsons. Oh, and I get to fix his favorite meals while we are there! Lucky me! Ha Ha Blueberry Sourcream Pancakes for breakfast (every time I'm there, doesn't matter how often we go), for dinner he loves a Zucchini Lasagna I make with no meat (DH and I are vegetarians). The zucchini takes the place of the pasta, and it's Really Yummy! A little time consuming though.

Kathy, I just ordered the star bundle and can't wait for it to get here! Thank you for inspiring me. Your box is Gorgeous! Wow, whoever receives this will be impressed! A keepsake treasure for sure.

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
annsforte3, Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:30 PM   #293
Proud Fan Club Member

I always look at the bundle and say will I use it all? With the star dies, the answer is yes! It was fun to be the enabler for a change instead of being enabled!

Gracie, I can just hear the squeals of delight when the ladies see you are back!

I'm working on the TLC challenge and the Wednesday tutorial yet. I'm a bit slow today. The dentist office called to try to swap my appt to next week, but I didn't want to. I set appts for a reason. I don't like changing them if it isn't an emergency. Plus I want to get this cleaning done and set up appts for crowns and a filling I think just happened.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #294
Gabfest Goddess

Alohaaaaaa Sistahs and out robinhood in tights where ever you are!! Top of the day to all sending salt water kisses and elephant hugs that comes with Fairy Much Blessings to all

Sis Jayne ...Giggles*** boogers not for me then for who? Lol oh sis Catherine must be you? Bwahahahahaha!! Sis Gracie maybe you? Hahahaha . Eenie Minnie Minie Moe!! Or is it potato potato out goes you!! Giggling**
annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:13 PM   #295
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Victoria, you are a real mess!

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Hawaiian, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:30 PM   #296
Gabfest Goddess

Sis Roberta Who me? Hahahahaha couldn't be!! Then again if it is lol just now you finding out? ROFLMBO!!! The truth is the whole world is a mess I just love in it!!! Bwahahahahaha
shirlb19, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:56 PM   #297
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm relaxing now. Got my L card done, combined it with today's tutorial! Also finished my TLC card and uploaded. I was so happy with how it came out! It was fun, too.

I have a dentist appt tomorrow. Just a cleaning but I'll be setting up appts for crowns and a filling.

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:06 PM   #298
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone, finally home after a long day. Both girls gave me good reports on tests they've taken recently. DD1 got a 97% on her French test in college and DD2 got a 96% on her high school chemistry test. Woot, woot! I'm interested to see if DD1 is one of those people that learning languages comes easily to. I think she might be.

Gracie, I actually don't mind painting...usually. I was pretty tired of it when I painted the entire interior of our former house getting it ready to sell. Are you sure you should let the mahjong ladies know you are there? You won't have time to craft! LOL, just kidding.

Thanks, Roberta, for the good wishes. Wow, 3 1/2 hours one way? What awesome parents you are...of course, there is the joy of seeing your kids and grands. I have made zucchini lasagna before when someone gave us an overgrown zucchini. We are vegetarians too though my DH is now vegan.

Kathy, I think you are the enabler more times than you realize!

Vickster, sending kisses and hugs back to you too!

Kathy, my front teeth are crowns. I broke them when I was in second grade.
stampin'nana, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:59 PM   #299
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, lots of chatter, I see.

Catherine, enlighten me as to the diff. between vegetarian and vegan, please. Not that I am going there, just curious is all.

I do like my vegies though, and zucchini lasagne sounds yummy, Roberta!

Gracie glad you made it safely. How was mahjong? Yes, your birthday card will be sent to Arizona!

I knocked out one of my front teeth too when I was about 8, so it is crowned. We were playing frozen tag and I was on the sidewalk, and the person fell on me pushing me into the cement. My poor Mum, told me years later, she could have cried!

Shirl
annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:18 PM   #300
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, there are various levels of vegans. The basic one that we mean is that my DH doesn't eat animal products. Besides meat that includes dairy (all that yummy cheese and ice cream etc) and no eggs. So when I make potatoes and eggs for the family for breakfast, I now make scrambled tofu for DH too. However, there are other vegans who not only won't eat honey (animal product) but also won't wear things made from leather. As for me, I prefer my shoes to be made of leather!

Shirl, I'm glad your mom was there when it happened. I was running down a little hillside playing games with my cousin who is a year older than me. There was an unexpected dip on the hill, I lost my balance and kissed a cement driveway. Needless to say, it wasn't good for my front teeth. My parents were gone on a two week vacation and this happened on the Saturday afternoon in the middle of their two weeks. My brother, who is 7 years older than me, was responsible for watching my cousin and I. He and I were staying at my other brother's house who was a married adult at the time. However, he and his wife were gone so it was just my brother, my cousin, and I. My cousin told me, years later, that she got mad at my brother because he acted like it was no big deal. I'm sure he did that because he didn't want two hysterical girls on his hands! Thankfully, I grew up in a small town so we called my dentist and he came in to the office that afternoon - though we had to wait for my oldest brother to get home. Fun times! I remember wanting to wear a sign with the story of what happened on the sign when I got back to school I got so tired of telling the story!
Old 09-18-2019, 08:23 PM   #301
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

So hard to hear that story though, Catherine! How were you during it, did you scream?
Glad it worked out but painful and then lots of dentist appointments! What did your parents say when they got home?

I'm off to bed, seem to be dragging lately!

Night all!!
JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:30 PM   #302
Proud Fan Club Member

Nope, she was at home, but I was just across the street, so not too far to walk home crying!

That is great you got to the dentist so fast! I had a cap put on initially and did not get a full crown till I was much older, maybe like 21 or something.

Shirl
Old 09-18-2019, 10:04 PM   #303
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sweet dreams, Ann. I really don't remember how I was during it. I'm sure I probably screamed but truly don't remember that afternoon except that it was just my cousin, my brother, and I at home.

Yes, Shirl, I had caps on both my front teeth for many years before actually getting crowns. Did I mention they were ugly caps? Try having silver front teeth from second grade through after my junior year of high school. Yeah, that was fun.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:40 AM   #304
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow lots of chatter...Gracie, I also can hear the screams here when your friends see you rock up...I like that. Make sure you get time to craft as Catherine says LOL. I sent your card to the wrong address so hopefully your hubby will get it to you.

Roberta are you only working out now that Sis Vicki is a mess LOL... I think I'm her partner in crime...wait, nope that's sis Kathy and then me LOL.

Catherine well done to your DDs...awesome results and you must be very proud.

Ouch Catherine and Shirl re your teeth...oooh it makes me cringe to think about you knocking your front teeth. I also have a crown but only had it about 10 years ago. Son1 had braces and beautiful teeth and went to a party when he was 19 and tried to open a bottle of beer (we can drink from 18 here) with his teeth and broke his front tooth. He thought it was hilarious. I was fuming as we had spent a fortune getting his teeth fixed. He used to take his temporary crown out for fun and his GF (now wife) didn't like it. The poppets thought it was fun LOL. He now has a permanent crown on there. He's a joker.

You and Roberta are making me hungry talking about lasagne and food LOL. I couldn't go vegan but could manage vegetarian...well maybe if I can have my fish/salmon. We do eat tofu here a lot. I never used to like it but love it now.

Kathy, I nearly ordered the star dies but thought nope I have stars even if they aren't as gorgeous as yours. If I lived closer we could share LOL

I'm not sure if I have missed anymore chat but hi everyone else. I've just been uploading my S2S samples...I had such fun making them. Check them out on S2S or in my gallery.

Oh yep, I got through to the next round of the ladies championships golf. 8 in my Division go through and I was 7th...whoohoo. The weather was awful...rain and wind and I really don't know how I played but I obviously play better in those conditions as on Tuesday I was shocking. I also won $11 in the pot of gold for being Nearest the Pin on one hole. I'm dead chuffed as we Aussies say. I now have to play on Monday which is my chores day....chores or golf...mmmmm.....and then maybe on Tuesday. I will be golfed out....and for those who think I'm good, I'm not. Just very average and good today LOL.

Here's a chuckle for today....I sometimes check out the new members to see where they come from and today's new member's name intrigued me....go to their bio. Oh my...I think admin missed this one LOL....whatever next on this site LOL. It cracked me up

Happy day everyone

Last edited by Ozpom; 09-19-2019 at 02:47 AM..
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:23 AM   #305
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

It seems admin must have been informed about the new member and they’ve taken them off..oh well it gave me a chuckle today but would have offended a lot of people....I don’t get easily offended but it wasn’t appropriate for this site....happy day everyone
Old 09-19-2019, 07:54 AM   #306
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Too funny, Jayne, about the site name! They are watchful for such things.

They once took down one of my Valentine's day cards. I asked why. Seems the arrow on Cupid's bow was a bit low in the front and they thought it was something else!! LOL

Jayne, your golfing sounds incredible and in the bad weather! Wow, you are a trooper!

Catherine, so proud of your girls too for doing so well in school!! Way to go!

Crowns do not sound like fun, I had molars pulled early and had gold ones placed in and around the surrounding teeth to hold them in place. My siblings and I all have bad teeth.
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:36 AM   #307
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ladies. I’m checking in. We have been on vacation but will be home today. I’ve had a bad headache since we arrived. Good thing we came with another couple. At least DH has someone to go to dinner with. The hotel accepts dogs but did not mention Dusty could not stay in our room while we went to eat until we arrived. DH was furious. We have to take her everywhere with us, hard to browse when one of you has to stay outside with the pooch. Yesterday I fought through the brain pain (with way too many times of taking ibuprofen) but today is terrible, so DH is out with the friends and Dusty and I are lying down in a quiet darkened room. Nice, eh.

We took a carriage ride yesterday around Mackinaw Island. We are the four in the back row and Dusty is on my lap.

I will catch up on chatter tomorrow. Take care, everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
bd8ca89d-495d-4bc2-b2d6-11dc95004b8b.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
lacyquilter, smadson, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:03 AM   #308
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi! Well, I finally have an idea for my L Card, but also want to play with my Gelli plate for sis Jayne’s S2S Challenge.

I just read the teeth stories. Our son, when about 18 months, was housing around in our bedroom, and , I don’t know why, it his car seat was standing up against the end of the bed. He got up in it, then fell forward on his teeth. They had to pull them. So from that age to whenever adult teeth came in, he didn’t have any front teeth. People always thought he lost his baby teeth early. I guess he did. That is the same year, he ate a glass Christmas tree ball! Took him to the emergency room, and I kid you not, they just said go home and wait for him to pass it! A glass ball! I guess he is ok, he will be 50 in a couple of months! LOL

I wouldn’t mind having that lasagna, but my DH is definitely a meat and potatoes man!
Our son was vegetarian for many years, it he ate fish. I guess after hiking the AT the first time in 2009, he decided he needed more protein and now eats meat, but still not a lot.
My BIL is vegetarian, but eats fish, eggs and milk. I guess the differed is if you are animal rights person or do it for health. Our son had started as a teen for health reasons.

Kathy, how are you feeling, today? Love your star box! I don’t have the patience, because after I do it, and it is pure torture doing it, it comes out terrible! LOL

Ann, thank you for keeping up the addresses for the Alphas , I know what a job that is. I really appreciate it. And our challenges, too!

Gracie, glad you are safely in Arizona. Maybe I already said that. Anyway still glad!
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:04 AM   #309
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is a lovely, cool, sunny morning here. I see that we are going to heat up, give us a taste of fall and then summer comes back. That's OK, I knew it would happen.

Jayne, isn't it funny how our kids can be amused by things that don't amuse us!? I had a classmate in school who had some dental thing that he could pop out - which he would do because most of the girls reacted so much to it. Personally, I wasn't grossed out by it and was amused at the other girls and his enjoyment of their reaction. I probably wasn't grossed out because I'd had so much dental work due to both my crowns and my baby teeth weren't good, lots of fillings. In fact, when one of my baby teeth with a filling fell out, I called my dentist (who was a family friend, small town, remember?) and asked if he guaranteed his work. I teased him that my filling had fallen out. Had him going for a while!

Jayne, you might have noticed from my description of cheese and ice cream, that being vegan might be hard for me too! I do like DH being vegan though (even though it is a bit of a pain) because he snores much less now. Of course, i sleep like the dead so, most of the time, his snoring didn't bother me.

Now I'm intrigued about the member name. Where do you go to check out new members? There is so much I don't know about this site.

Goodness, Ann, I'm giggling at your Valentine's card being mistaken!

Actually, crowns haven't been too bad, just expensive. Root canals, on the other hand...

Kandie, I'm sorry you've been fighting a headache on vacation. That sucks. I'm glad you were able to go out for the carriage ride at least. It looks like fun.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:10 AM   #310
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Sharon! We posted at the same time.

How hard that must have been for you with your son - especially when he was so little!
Old 09-19-2019, 09:25 AM   #311
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Kandie, sorry for your headaches! We have been to Mackinaw Island twice. Both times we engraved our initials up at the fort!!

We road tandem bikes while we were there! So much fun!

Hope you feel better soon!
Ozpom likes this post.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #312
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh wow! Lots of chatting! I went to Mahjong and had a great day, even won a couple games! The ladies gave me big hugs! Need them with hubby back in Wisconsin! LOL
I was exhausted when I got home, so cleaned up my craft room and was too tired to craft or go on SCS to chat. Today is the day...I will make a card or two!

Wow, all that talk of dental work and broken front teeth, my goodness it just makes me cringe! I've had tons of dental work too as we had a quack for a dentist when I was growing up! Oh well!

Catherine, congratulations on your DD's tests! Smart girls like their mom, maybe dad too! I could never go vegetarian or vegan because it would take too much thought and effort. I just want to eat and forget about it...I'm not a "foody" but do love ice cream and chocolate!

Hi Sharon, I need to do both my M and L cards today. I also like to do the Teapot challenge, which I missed last week.

Kandie, so sorry to hear you've been suffering with headaches, especially on vacation! That really is miserable! Prayers and hugs that you feel better soon. I've always wanted to go to Mackinaw Island...maybe next summer.

Ann, that was funny about your little cupid card! I have some friends who started their own little group outside of SCS because they kept getting censored! Naughty girls! LOL

Jayne, congratulations on making it to the next round of golf and winning a prize! Yippee! My DH will send mail to me, so no worries! You have me curious about the new member that was deleted. PM me! LOL I like clever naughtiness!

Shirl, what an awful thing to have happen when you were little! You and Catherine are survivors! Ouch!

Kathy, good luck at the dentist tomorrow! Hope all goes well! Hopefully, not too much work and expense! Hugs

Melody, I hope you had fun at your card class yesterday!

Roberta, can't wait to see what you create with your SU star bundle! After unpacking all of my crafts...I told myself, "NO More buying!" LOL

Sis, you are in high spirits and up to lots of mischief I see! Warm hugs and kisses from sunny Arizona!

Whew! I need to get off my computer and into my craft room! Later ladies! Have a great day!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:27 AM   #313
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok , I took so long to post, that, Kandie posted while I was doing it.
Great photo; I saw Dusty, so new where you before you told us. I looked at photo before reading. I am sorry you have this headache and even on vacation!

Gracie , I am planning on combining my L Card and the Tpot challenge.
But just can’t get to my craft room, yet. Been doing my floors and carpets, this morning. Then son called from Maine. Then DH wants to go run errands and out to eat. So have to shower, wash my hair, and dress. I was pretty sweaty from walking this morning. Hot, 80s even at 9:00 plus humid , and buggy! This is September 19th! I am so ready for coolness!

Anyway, when we get home, I will probably be ready for a nap. Don’t know when I can get to my room. And the Gelli Plate is calling my name!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:38 AM   #314
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Taking a break from pricing, and had to make a quick L card!

I had a crazy first night teaching 8th grade Religious Ed- the kids all know each other- and a very friendly boy/girl group who would not shut up!!! LOL I am going to have to think of activitivities for them so they will be entertained!!!

Kathy- speaking of headaches- I wwas on the couch after all of my errands yesterday- I went for my allergy shots, and told them I had a horrific headache- they said 'alot of that today'!!! The ragweed and grass were only moderate level, but the mold count is sky high! (After the rains).

I think Hubby and I would starve if we did not eat meat! I have lots of food allergies as well- no milk, pork, soy or sweet potatoes, and eggs- I do cheat and eat them cooked into something- like cake, but will break out in a rash if I eat eggs...... We have fun family times, a few gluten free, my youngest is a vegetarian (pescetarian actually- she will eat Suchi). And, one daughter - who lived in China for 3 years is so picky- we eat too much processed food here! She wants fresh and is afraid of alot of meat- will eat our beef (from the farm) and fish mostly. Chicken has to be organic..... Hubby eats anything and everything!

Back to pricing for the sale- have to set up tomorrow afternoon.

Shelly
Old 09-19-2019, 11:11 AM   #315
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Kandie, sorry you are not feeling so great on your holiday, but I still can see you smiling in that photo!

Sharon, I am with you. I lack the patience to try making a box at this stage. But to those of you who attempt it, I say you rock!

Jayne, I like tofu, especially when we go for sushi, I sometimes order the agedashi tofu. I don't cook with tofu for dh though. He's a red meat guy all the way.

Gracie-looking forward to see what you make!

Ann, that is quite hilarious about your Valentine's card. Now, I want to see it, lol.

Sharon, that must have been quite the worry about your son swallowing the glass ornament and being told to wait until it passes. I hope it was a small one! <grin>.

We have been really enjoying the Ken Burns series about the history of Country Music on PBS. Have watched the first two episodes. So, so good. They talk about people going through the Great Depression and what they went through. Anyone else watching it?

Shirl
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:31 AM   #316
Proud Fan Club Member

Dentist appt went well. The rough spot is a chip off a tooth and can be fixed with just a filling! So original estimate for my two crowns only went up about $50! So yay! I can get all the work done at once. That's happening on Tuesday. I already paid the whole bill, so nothing to do when I go in except open up! I plan to take Tylenol before the appt because I always end up with a headache because of tmj issues! I just took a Tylenol from today's cleaning. It was also bitewing xray time. When she put the lead apron on, I told her the story about the time they put one of those aprons on me at the hospital and I said Man this thing feels like lead! Duhhhh. Of course it does! It IS lead! She took a picture with a tiny little camera and let me see the chip I broke off! And then I got to choose my polish flavor! Cherry is much better than mint!

Daily Scripture Thread

smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:34 AM   #317
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, to answer your question...I'm feeling OK. Just took a Tylenol because of dental headache plus I was out helping mom trim a humongous bush! Found an oak tree growing in the middle! Just taking a break now.

Daily Scripture Thread

smadson, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:57 AM   #318
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening,

I'm on vacations the next two weeks, no internet.
I`m back in October.

Good night.
annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:38 PM   #319
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Hi Kandie, sorry you are not feeling so great on your holiday, but I still can see you smiling in that photo!

Sharon, I am with you. I lack the patience to try making a box at this stage. But to those of you who attempt it, I say you rock!

Jayne, I like tofu, especially when we go for sushi, I sometimes order the agedashi tofu. I don't cook with tofu for dh though. He's a red meat guy all the way.

Gracie-looking forward to see what you make!

Ann, that is quite hilarious about your Valentine's card. Now, I want to see it, lol.

Sharon, that must have been quite the worry about your son swallowing the glass ornament and being told to wait until it passes. I hope it was a small one! <grin>.

We have been really enjoying the Ken Burns series about the history of Country Music on PBS. Have watched the first two episodes. So, so good. They talk about people going through the Great Depression and what they went through. Anyone else watching it?

Shirl
</grin>
<grin>
</grin>
<grin>Yes, I am watching it! DH won’t watch it, because we are not really country music fans. It I am loving all the history. But I love Johnny Cash, and he loved Patsy Cline. Anyway, I am enjoying it. </grin>
annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:44 PM   #320
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night Dagmar, and have a wonderful time on your holiday!!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.