Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-20-2019, 06:28 AM   #2601
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! It was me that mentioned the peanut butter marshmallow fudge. I’ve never tried the recipe before, so I’m hoping I don’t mess it up. I also bought pretzel rods, white and chocolate baking bark, and colored sprinkles. I thought maybe the children (and DH) would like those treats as well.

Boy, I braved the cold yesterday to get my nails done (French manicure this time) and the ingredients for the pretzel rods, and today I am barking like a seal even though I wrapped a scarf around my face. I’m ready for Spring!

Catherine, I’m glad your DD’s finals are nearly done!

We too did not put up our little tree this year, but I also decorated the China hutch with little white lights. It looks so pretty when the sun sets!

I used to LOVE to watch JAG. Harm was such a hunk, lol.

Back up to the 40s here with no mention of snow by Christmas. It won’t be as picturesque but will definitely be easier for travelers.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:38 AM   #2602
Proud Fan Club Member

Do any of you own ugly Christmas sweaters? DH’s DS1 is having a holiday gathering for his estate sale employees and significant others after Christmas and everyone is asked to wear an ugly sweater for fun if they have one. I don’t have one, but I bet I can find an obnoxiously gaudy headband to wear like I saw one of the newscasters wear this morning. Hers had a Christmas tree on top, lol.

annsforte3, shirlb19 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:25 AM   #2603
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, I know Walmart sells ugly Christmas sweaters. LOL I've seen many ugly sweaters for sale at thrift stores too. I'm sure people donate them after Christmas every year! It sounds like you have some yummy goodies planned! It's suppose to be 55 today. DH wants me to help with adding more gravel to the yard. Yippee...not!

Catherine, that was too bad about your shopping experience! I think it's hard to get retail help to show up during the holidays! It sounds like DD2 has planned lots of fun for the busy holidays. Glad she saved time for you! Christmas trees are playgrounds for kittens! LOL It will be nice to have your DH home to work on projects there.

Kathy, does your DH enjoy being off work? I always loved Christmas vacation when I was a teacher. I needed the rest!

Hi Jayne, lucky you...a day with the poppets! I'm still writing and sending out Christmas cards! LOL

Well, I'd better get back at it. Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by JRHolbrook; 12-20-2019 at 08:30 AM..
Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:40 AM   #2604
Proud Fan Club Member

Your welcome, Jayne! I am glad it was a nice surprise!
Katherine, how nice that you have DH home the rest of the year. And you too, Kathy. You both get help! I have help all the time. . A nice thing about retirement.
Kandie, I don’t think I have an ugly sweater, either. I like the headband idea. Kandie, Share the recipe if it turns out, please.

All we have made here, is I baked pistachio cookies, DH made Christmas Mix, and had baked pumpkin bread earlier and we froze. So I had all of that to include in gift sacks this year. Yesterday, I bought printer ink at Walmart. Like I said, my printer eats ink! Anyway, got home changed ink cartridges, and the printer tells me they are wrong. Twice I took out and reloaded, before I looked at the numbers. Sure enough , I had picked up wrong ones! I just hate it when the printer is smarter than me! LOL

So, today, I had to go back to Walmart! I was sure I wouldn’t have to get out for a while! Walmart opens early or maybe all night, I don’t know. So, looked up on internet to find Michaels hours. 7:00am to 11:00pm! Who knew?

So, I thought I would use my 50% off on another TomBow glue at Michaels, which was on the way. I had a 25% off, too, so I was getting two. The cashier let me use the 50% off twice in two different transactions. Merry Christmas , Sharon! And everything went smooth at Walmart, even though I had tried two of the cartridges, which I pointed out to them! They gave me back my money, then went and got the right ones. Also, found the perfect little gift for DH. We really don’t buy gifts for each, because we pretty much get what we want when we want it. He used to surprise me with really nice jewelry for Christmas. But I have so much, now.

Then, I needed to go to Christopher Banks and use my $10.00 Reward, plus 15% plus everything in store was 50% off. It is at the big Mall, and I thought I would walk till the store opened, with all the other white haired people. Got there at 9 and everything was open! I walked one time around, got my item which I had already tried on another time, and they still had. Left home at 8:15, and got home before 9:30! The Lord definitely went before me this morning. Thank you Lord.
I hope all of you have a great day! Maybe I will get into my craft room today.
lacyquilter, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:43 AM   #2605
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi, Gracie! You must have posted while I was typing. Don’t work too hard shoveling gravel! Your DH sounds like a regular slave driver. LOL. Yes, Kandie I have seen cheap ugly Christmas sweaters at Walmart. In fact I bet they are on sale everywhere.
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:16 AM   #2606
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Grandkids are coming this afternoon so I have to get moving!!

Have a great day everyone!!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:18 AM   #2607
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie, for the ugly Christmas sweater, I would probably do something like find a picture of one on line, print it and pin it to my shirt. I've never had one and don't wear sweaters anyway.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
smadson, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #2608
Stazon Splitcoast

We went to a Christmas dinner at a friend's last night. I took some ornaments to give to everyone and sold the hostess some of my cards.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
smadson, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:50 AM   #2609
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! DH is on the loveseat with the laptop doing research about the water heater, I'm on the couch typing this note to you all, I don't know where Wesley and Honey are but loose in the house somewhere. I think the washing machine needs my attention - time to shift sheets to the dryer.

DD1 is on her way home for a quick shower before heading off to DD2's school. This is the day when the school invites last year's grads back to speak to the high school about college life. They probably aren't going to like what DD1 has to say. She told me she is going to tell them that they need to teach multiple styles of writing. They basically only cover MLA and she thinks they need to cover APA and something else which I don't recall right now. Some of her papers this first semester had to be APA format which she had to research online in order to know how to do it because they didn't cover it at her high school.

I'm glad you had an opportunity to enjoy your poppets, Jayne! I bet they love visiting you.

Kandie, those sound like yummy treats! And fun to make too.

Yes, Harm was such a hunk. He and Mac were recently on NCIS LA and he is still a hunk, just an older one. I read someone's comment that Mac had aged well but Harm, not so much. My thought was, "Seriously?! You didn't see how plastic Mac looked?" She had obviously had work done.

JAG has one of my favorite Christmas episodes ever, I haven't watched it yet this season.

I own a Christmas sweater but I don't think it is ugly, though I don't wear it much anymore. It was a gift to me but I like it.

Yes, I have seen the ugly Christmas sweaters at Walmart too. Goodness, I thought, "Does anyone actually buy those?!" I like Melody's idea. Another one is to pin garland to a sweater you already own.

Gracie, I think Ross doesn't usually have enough cashiers even under normal circumstances.

Yes, Sharon, around here the stores all have extended holiday hours trying to get more shoppers and money. I'm glad your outing went so smoothly this morning.

Have fun with the grandkids, Ann!

Here is a photo of cuteness that happened here. When I went for the camera, Wesley was asleep too but, of course, my movements awakened her.
Attached Thumbnails
wesley-honey.jpg  
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:06 PM   #2610
Proud Fan Club Member

DH just called to see if I needed anything. Apparently after their Christmas dinner today they were allowed to leave early so he will be home soon.my post-op appointment went well. Actually all they did was talk to me. No exam. That was the first time I was in and out of that office that quick. I have one more post-op appointment in 4 weeks. I'm doing pretty good except that I overdo it on the walking. Yes, 2 hours and Walmart again. Finally couldn't take it any longer and laughed. I could have looked a little longer if I'D have felt better. the dog will be here in about an hour or two.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:31 PM   #2611
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, thanks for the lovely card! I love how you die cut the ornaments from those beautiful alcohol ink colors!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #2612
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You are most welcome, Kathy!

Quiet on here today. I was going to avoid vacuuming for a little longer while catching up on chatter...guess I'll go vacuum.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #2613
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, thanks for the beautiful Christmas card! Lots of RED gems...so pretty! Of course, my favorite color! Your card is in the mail. Thank you to everyone who has sent cards...hopefully, I remembered to thank you all (Ann, Karen, Sharon, Kathy, Kandie, Shirl). Your cards are on the way!

Shoveled gravel most of the day and finished some more Christmas cards in between loads of gravel. Hopefully, I'll be sending out the last of my cards tomorrow! YAY!

Sharon, DH is a very hard worker... he told me I didn't have to help today, but I didn't help yesterday so I thought I should help out today! Good exercise for me! LOL Resting tonight though. Hard on the old back.

Kathy, glad your check up went well! Hope the dogs behave for you!

Ann, I'll bet you had fun with the grandkids.

Melody, that is great that you were able to sell some of your cards!
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:24 PM   #2614
Proud Fan Club Member

I cinLly got to make a quick card, then went to upload and my laptop has been updating for past hour! Taking forever! Oh well. Good night, ladies!
Old 12-20-2019, 08:35 PM   #2615
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Goodnight Sharon! I've almost gotten all my Christmas cards written out! I'm not going to bed until I'm done! Then, I can start making some different cards! Yippee
smadson, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:48 PM   #2616
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi, I am still here. My laptop says it is at 27 %! Talk about taking forever. It says don’t turn off, it will restart several times. For crying out loud, I wished I hadn’t let it do the update!
Congratulations, Gracie on being almost done. I know what you mean about making something besides Christmas cards. I feel the same way. I have made two tonight and addressed them. I think that may be the last of them! LOL. Theses were for VSN and some other challenges. So I am still doing a few VSN cards.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:51 PM   #2617
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Sharon. Doing the VSN challenges really helped me get all my Christmas cards done this year! That hour time limit helps as I tend to putz around on one card too long. My Computer guy told me not to update my Mac to the new "Catalina" because it still has lots of bugs. You wouldn't think they'd release updates until they work perfectly!
Old 12-20-2019, 09:33 PM   #2618
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies. I did a couple more VSN cards tonight, but I know I'm not going to do them all.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:46 PM   #2619
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Melody. My laptop is now at 89%! It has been hours! I guess I could just go to bed, and load my two VSN cards tomorrow. My DH has been in bed for hours! I have been playing Wordscapes on my iPad. LOL. But I am going to bed! Good night all!
muscrat, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:10 AM   #2620
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm up early. Woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. I looked in DS's room and couldn't see the dog anywhere. So I walked in and the dog sat up! She was on his bed up near his head! She is a big dog and I don't know how the two of them fit on that twin bed! I brought her out so he could sleep better. I'm going to have a coffee.

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:09 AM   #2621
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!
{Kathy} 3am?? I hope you went back to bed.I didn’t go to bed till after midnight, because my laptop did an4 hour update! Then I couldn’t get to sleep for awhile. I got up at 7:30. And DH said, I thought you were going to sleep till noon! LOL. He probably got up at three.

I did finish some VSN cards last night, so will upload today. Already have them in the mailbox. Big WSU basketball game today. That is all DH can talk about this morning.

Foggy here today. Most of the snow is melted. Yesterday I walked around our area, and some places that are in the shade, the snow has melted just enough to be slick.

Not much chatter yet this morning. Have a great day, everyone.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:11 AM   #2622
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm about ready for a nap! Went to dollar store and grocery store at 8.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 08:25 AM   #2623
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I'm about ready for a nap! Went to dollar store and grocery store at 8.

Kathy, you're probably napping! I hope so! I slept in today after shoveling gravel yesterday! It was almost 9 a.m. Of course, I was up until midnight. Our dogs sleep with us and sometimes, I find I'm clinging to the edge of the bed! Dog lovers are nuts! LOL

Sharon and Melody, I'll have to go check out your VSN cards.

Have a great day everyone.
annsforte3, shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:38 AM   #2624
Proud Fan Club Member

Just came back to nap. Hope I can...I'm not used to napping

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3, shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:40 AM   #2625
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Just came back to nap. Hope I can...I'm not used to napping

Me either, but if I read a book and I'm tired, sometimes I'll fall asleep.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:50 AM   #2626
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening!

Sharon thank you so much for the beautiful Christmas card and the Addons. It arrived today.

I`m busy preparing for Christmas. I`m baking Apple bread.
Cleaning the house, so everything is ready for Thuesday. I got a cold, so not feeling so well.

Wish you all a great weekend.
smadson, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #2627
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello, Dagmar. Your welcome, and thanks for letting me know. I hope you get to feeling better. Apple bread sounds good! I haven’t ever made apple bread.

Windows 10 update, caused my card reader to no longer work! So photos I took last night with camera can’t be uploaded, and cards have already been mailed, so can’t take a photo with my iPad. I will have to make another just like the one VSN card, I made. Oh, well. It was easy and quick. But now watching college basketball .
Old 12-21-2019, 06:37 PM   #2628
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon, I take photos with my phone and email them to myself, so I can download on my desktop, crop, etc. Perhaps you can work out something that way.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:39 PM   #2629
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, it has been quiet on here today.

Dagmar, apple bread sounds delicious. Hope you feel better.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:11 PM   #2630
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Sharon, I take photos with my phone and email them to myself, so I can download on my desktop, crop, etc. Perhaps you can work out something that way.
That's how I used to do I too, before I got my new phone. Now I can upload right from my photo app. On my old phone, which took good pictures, I took the picture and emailed it to myself. Then I opened my email on my tablet and saved the picture to my photo gallery. Then uploads it from there.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 07:19 PM   #2631
Proud Fan Club Member

Yep, Melody, and Kathy, that is what I will have to do to get in my photo files on my laptop, however I can upload from my iPad. But, Lydia used to say we have to name it, or it might have a same number and be deleted. I don’t know how to name it on my iPad. So I just take a chance sometimes and upload from my iPad. It really takes better photos anyway. I will have help fixing the problem,though, or I won’t ever be able to use my camera, with no way to get the photos. I used to have a printer that you could put the card in and send to the computer. But this printer only gives options of looking at them on it And then printing. Which I don’t print photos from that printer. It really is a huge complication to my life, and how I do all my photos for scrapping and everything. Ugh!
Old 12-21-2019, 07:33 PM   #2632
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon, I don't ever name my photos. I did a long time ago when I was using a camera, but I'm not sure that is even an issue anymore. As far as I know, none of mine have disappeared.
smadson, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:44 PM   #2633
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone...yum apple bread. Dagmar hope that you are feeling better today.

I am baking sticky date puds tomorrow and DIL1 is bringing a trifle on Xmas day so we have a choice of dessert. Not many of us like Xmas pud. The forecast has been downgraded to 37 degrees, and we have decided to have salads now which will make life easier for me. My heart goes out to families and the fire fighters over East. It’s just devastating. Friends in NSW are struggling with the smoke. Let’s hope rain comes for them this Xmas.

Not much else happening...I’m ready for Xmas..as ready as I will ever be. We are meeting friends tomorrow to celebrate Xmas and will spend Xmas eve cooking. We used to always go out or have friends over but in recent years have spent the day and evening preparing and love it...so festive with carols playing and having a cheeky little wine lol.

How will you all spend Xmas eve?

I hope that you all are well and that the week brings you lots of joy.

Last edited by Ozpom; 12-22-2019 at 03:54 AM..
lacyquilter, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 12-22-2019, 02:30 AM   #2634
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning!

Happy 4. Advent to you all.

My Cold stays on, so I'm drinking lots of hot tea, keep me warm and rinse my nose tree times a day.

Hope you all have a nice sunday.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:56 AM   #2635
Proud Fan Club Member

Dagmar, I had a very bad cold the month before surgery. I had to rinse my nose. I also had a cough with my stuffy nose. I'm sneezing a lot again. The flu is going around over here in the states. Hope I don't catch that.

DREAM: I had a dream last night that woke me. I dreamed I had lab work and had a rare blood disease and had 5 years to live. END OF DREAM. I clearly marked that so everyone would know it was only a dream. Funny thing was, I was not upset when I woke up. It didn't really rattle me. Which is good.

Cat is on my lap. He can't wait for dog to go home today! Me either.

Daily Scripture Thread

smadson, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:08 AM   #2636
Proud Fan Club Member

Dagmar, good morning! What a lovely photo! Sounds like you are doing everything you can to beat that cold. Please feel better soon! Btw, yum on the apple bread. I believe I can smell the aroma from here in the States, lol.

Kathy, I’m so glad to read your post-op appointment went well.

Catherine, I love Wesley’s big eyes in that photo. I can almost read the “what the heck doing you think you’re doing? I was trying to sleep” in that expression!

And I LOVE the garland idea! How about a Christmas-y little garland thrown around my shoulders like a feather boa?!!

And Melody, I also love the photo idea. I read it to DH and he laughed. Maybe I’ll do the garland for me and the ugly sweater photo idea for him. Love these ideas!

Sharon, your shopping trip sounds like the way was totally paved for you to zoom through. Have you ever had a trip like that where you pull into a crowded parking lot and suddenly the very first car closest to the store backs out of its spot and drives off? I love days like that.

Good morning, one and all. Hard to believe it is December 22 already.

Well, we had a sad experience last night. We were watching tv, the front blinds were open so we could enjoy the lights on our porch, and suddenly DH said he thought he saw someone walk by the window. He took off to the bedroom to get his gun. Suddenly I saw someone walk back off our porch and I yelled at DH. He took off through the kitchen and out the door into the garage. He must have raised the garage door, and I heard him yelling stop and get back here. Call 911, he yelled at me, so I grabbed my mobile and dialed.

You know, the woman who answered wanted our address, then she asked for it again, and then the phone number, then the owner of the house, not once did she asked why I called. I lost my temper and yelled at her to JUST GET A POLICE CAR HERE. DH yelled at me to get a blanket, I handed him my phone, and she proceeded to ask him the same questions I had already answered. He lost patience too and told her he had a young man in the garage that looked like he had been beaten up and to SEND SOMEONE RIGHT AWAY. She told him, well, she’d see who she could find! Unbelievable!!! Oh I was so angry with how it was handled.

I ran to the garage with a blanket, and there on the cement floor sat a young man, his clothes ripped and blood all over his face. He reeked of beer, he was crying and apologizing for bothering us and saying he was so very cold and he was trying to find his dad’s house.

I stood out in the driveway and waved down the two police cars. The boy gave an officer his phone number, the officer called the father, and the guy was there in minutes. He had blood on him too. Turns out it was a neighbor who had an obnoxious habit in the summer of revving his motorcycle up and down our street and DH had called the police on him. (Firefighters and police sometimes get along...). Oh, girls, my heart just broke for that young man. He couldn’t stop crying and apologizing for bothering us. I wrapped him all up in blankets, DH hugged him and told him it was okay, and the young man hung on to him so tight. He told the police he was 18.

The father said the boy had kicked in the father’s car window and that was how they both got all cut up but we didn’t buy into it. The police were so good to him, offering to take him back home. The dad, on the other hand, frowned the whole time and didn’t even thank us for trying to help his son.

Neither of us slept well last night, and he is heavy on our minds this morning. Last night was the first time in years that I actually knelt by the bed to pray. I ask if you could keep this family in prayer. They obviously need help.

mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:18 AM   #2637
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Kandie, how heart breaking! I will pray for the young man. My heart breaks watching episodes of Live PD. I don't realize how good I have it u til I watch a drunk couple fighting or a guy getting stopped by police and they find drugs in the car. Such sad stories. I pray you and DH can gets some peace of mind from it too.

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:27 AM   #2638
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Kandie, so sad. He was lucky that you and DH were so compassionate to help him and comfort him. Prayers.
That 911 call sounds frustrating. It seems they would have training to be more helpful. Makes you wonder.

Kandie take a photo when you two are dresses in your “ugly sweaters”.

Dagmar , sounds like you know how to take care of a cold. Hope you get over it quickly.

Kathy, glad it was just a dream! But what a dream! I have had a lot of dreams lately of family and friends who are deceased. Nice dreams. Mom, and dad, my best friend, etc, all together again.

Jayne and Dagmar cooking and baking. I am through with what little I did. I am taking last two sacks of goodies today to church. I have two more Christmas cards to mail, (already made) and then , I think that is it.
Jayne, I wondered how near the fires you were. I guess, Australia is a big place! Are you near SusieAustrailia or Margscardcrazy?

Have a happy Day!
annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:38 AM   #2639
Proud Fan Club Member

DH has decided that he should have a snack available if anyone stops by later on Christmas Eve. He has gone to the store - again - I swear that man loves grocery shopping - for frozen meatballs and various jars of sauces. No one ever visits us on Christmas Eve, and we will be at DD2’s home from 1 to around 4, so I have a feeling he just wants to cook so he can snack on his own leftovers, lol.

I will try the peanut butter-marshmallow fudge today. If it turns out, I will most definitely post the recipe on here!

DD2 sent me a list of all the drinks she has purchased for her afternoon Christmas Eve family gathering. Thirteen different drink choices. I don’t think we even have 13 members of that side of our family, so now I’m worried she might have invited the entire neighborhood as well!!!

JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:39 AM   #2640
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie, how awful for that young man. Sounds like a bad situation at home. Was the man's car window broken?

On a lighter note, you all need to go check out this awesome snowman by Dagmar:

DEC19VSNC Happy Birthday by gutsport56 - at Splitcoaststampers
shirlb19, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.