Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-15-2019, 09:14 PM   #2481
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann gets grandchildren over the weekend and I get a dog! Ds1 and DIL are going away Friday night so I get dog until Sunday afternoon.! I'll be sneezing all weekend.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:15 PM   #2482
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm ready for bed too. I'll be back in the morning.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:56 PM   #2483
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lots of chatter, I love it!

Sharon, your gift baskets look lovely! What a nice thing to do.

Ann, that is hilarious about your youngest brother. Did he not know about your card making?!

Oh Gracie, your ballerina is the best! Love it!

Wow, we have had an exciting day - not the kind of exciting we need though. DH was working outside with his chainsaw and something caused it to kickback. We thought it only sliced up his jeans and socks and were so thankful...much later he went to take a shower and lo and behold, the chain saw sliced into his ankle area. It wasn't deep but HE suggested that he should go to urgent care. DD1 took him but they had to go all the way down the hill because all the ones up here in the hills were already closed, go figure. He got four stitches. She said it wasn't deep but because the ankle flexes and bends so much, she thought stitches were in order. We are so thankful it wasn't worse! The doc did suggest that if he had been wearing work boots, she wouldn't have seen him in urgent care and she is probably correct.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:16 PM   #2484
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Dropping in to say hello!

I have finally caught up for the moment with commenting and onto Z for the round..... I have been able to make a couple of cards for VSN. I am always gone for VSN's....and so had to dive in.

Nice to see Kandie dropping in. If your post ever disappears, hubby told me to hit CTRL and Z and it - sometimes- brings it back.

Ann- sorry hubby was hit- such a pain to get cards repaired! Your pies sounded delicious.

Catherine- glad hubby only needed 4 stitches! I worked a little bit in the ER, yes- work boots save alot of injuries! P.S. Just saw the Advent calendars- very very cool!

Kathy- so glad your recovery is doing well. Hoping that ideas just pop into your mind for the gifts you need.

I have been sorting sorting, sorting and have a box of cards to go to the USO at Ohare- but need to go buy envelopes first.

My sister volunteered to have our Christmas gathering. I live the closest to her and am happy to help her. She is doing the meat and has everyone bringing sides. Last year, the party was going to be here, and my Mom had a stroke and passed away 12/18. I never took back all of the plates and silverware and supplies for the party so I dropped those off at my sis' last night with 2 tables and 8 chairs. I think we will have just shy of 30 there, and hoping all 7 of us are there so we can get a family picture. We just do a White elephant exchange for the adults over 18... We used to draw names for the kids, but too many are flying and requested not to do that. My Dad was very silly and loved to pull jokes on people, so I imagine there will be some silly white elephant gifts! We usually have one or two that everyone wants!

Waving hello to all- have to get to bed- have a doc appt in the AM

Shelly
Old 12-16-2019, 05:57 AM   #2485
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! We did get our snow and schools are closed. Already a bad accident this morning, one death. I was supposed to meet my friends for our monthly coffee, and this time our gift exchange. So I will not be going. We probably won’t be getting out, very icy out, because of the first snow under it. And we are getting more, too. Not much all together, just so icy.

Shelly your family gathering sounds like it will be nice. It will be nice to have some fun with the gifts after your sad Christmas last year. Thank you for the love you sprinkled in my gallery, I woke up to some happy mail, notifications this morning.

Ann, that story of your brother! Hilarious! No cheesecake for him! LOL. Really, I think that is too hard to make all those for family. Do they all expect them? Could you get by not doing them. You do so much! I always feel so lazy when I hear what all you do.

Kathy, sounds like you are feeling pretty good. Just remember you still can’t lift etc. as you start feeling better, I bet it will get harder to remember that.

Melody , I am kind of that way, no motivation, at this point until I remember another Christmas card I want to send. I do keep thinking of more. So maybe I will do some more VSN. I haven’t since Friday night.

Gracie your ballerina is funny.

Catherine, so glad your hubby is ok! That is a frightening accident!

I am having problems thinking of things for our oldest DGS and our SIL. They had an Amazon list, but I didn’t like any of the items, like power cords etc, . I probably should have gotten those things, but now too late. So probably now will be just gift cards.

Kathy, here I can’t quit buying for our girls. I keep finding stuff; slippers, warm socks, sweaters, jewelry, etc. it is the guys that are difficult. I guess coffee and chocolate.

And now I can’t get out to the stores!
Old 12-16-2019, 07:48 AM   #2486
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies. We finally got enough snow to coat the trees and bushes and it looks pretty outside. It’ll all be gone by Wednesday, unfortunately, when the temp goes up to 40 again.

Melody, I have not been motivated for months, so you are not alone!

Shelly, thank you for the Ctrl-Z trick. I hope I don’t have to try it, but it sure is good to know.

Gracie, we have idiot drivers any time of year, but they are definitely worse when it snows. Everyone is in such a HURRY.

It has been our practice to only give gifts to the young ones, but DD2 has messed it up this year by getting her SS settlement and therefore buying everyone gifts. So now I have to figure out how to afford something for her, my grandsons (grown), and DD1, who lives with DD2. DH does not buy for his sons and grown grandchildren. We are going to DD1’s house Christmas Eve. Then, DH has had dinner Christmas Day since his boys were young, but we are both going to his middle DS’s house this year. Too many members of the family always have other places to go. Works out better this way.

And Gracie, LOVE your Waltz card.

Sharon, your baskets are so fabulous.

Ann, I bundle up extra cards and give them to my DD2 because she has stayed in touch with several Navy friends and she writes them all the time. She is a letter writer like me.

Kathy, do you remember Current, the stationary company? I used to order from them all the time. My former MIL and I have been writing each other for 9 years!

Catherine, OW on your DH’s stitches! I’m glad it was only 4 stitches that he had to get.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
smadson, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:03 AM   #2487
Proud Fan Club Member

Was Current the company that had Suzy's zoo stuff!? I ordered from them too!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 08:19 AM   #2488
Proud Fan Club Member

Update on my Sis. What she has is severe osteoporosis to the point that her bones have holes on them. Her muscles have become unattached and she is in such constant pain that she has muscle seizures that cause her entire body to vibrate. Scared the crap out of me the first time I saw such a seizure. And from years of smoking, her lungs are shot. She has chronic bronchitis and pneumonia and can’t walk two feet, even wearing her constant oxygen, without panting. Bathing or just trying to wash her hair is impossible. The constant steroids have blown her up to a balloon and even a 3X doesn’t fit her, even though she is only 5 ft tall. She is staying with her DD now, with machines all around her rented from a home medical place. She can’t go back to her own home. It is filled with mold and dirt and cigarette smoke, and she is a hoarder, so there is trash everywhere and no paths to walk. It all makes my dear SM sick, literally and mentally. We don’t know how to help her because she has brought her health problems on by not taking care of herself for so many years. This is why I have been so down and lost my mojo for card making.

Ok, that’s enough about that.

Old 12-16-2019, 08:26 AM   #2489
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, yes, I believe that was one of Current’s theme characters. I always went with squirrels, lol.

Ladies, do any of you identify with this picture?
Attached Thumbnails
9fee810b-8c1b-45df-bc1a-fdc6b8d83ff8.jpg  

Old 12-16-2019, 08:47 AM   #2490
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, sure glad your DH didn't injure himself any worse than it was! Oh my! My brother, son and DH have all been in construction...some scary accidents now and then. My brother cut off the end of his middle finger!

Kandie, great to hear from you again! Funny Walmart sign...I always wonder why they bother to have a billion check out lanes and only 2 open! Crazy! So sorry about your sister. It is hard to watch someone suffer, even though they've brought it on themself. I have a friend like that and there's nothing you can do for them. Frustrating and sad.

Shelly, your Christmas plans sound like fun! I always love a white elephant exchange!

Sharon, sorry about your weather! I'm glad you’re staying home and not risking your life on those icy roads! Smart!

Kathy and Kandie, I remember the Current catalog. Is it still published? I still have a couple of Suzy's Zoo stamps. I always loved stationery with the matching envelopes.

Ann, I hope you got some quality rest last night! Like Sharon said, you are so busy and productive, it makes me feel lazy. All that yummy baking! In fact, I slept in today and am relaxing with my coffee and computer.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:50 AM   #2491
Stazon Splitcoast

That is naughty, Kandie. Our walmart isn't that bad. I usually have to wait in line, but don't really mind. DH, however, goes at 4 in the morning and uses the self check, which I refuse to do. I went to Woodman's with him once late at night and totally messed up his checking out, because I was trying to fill the bag, and apparently you have to give the robot more time to make each transaction. So I ended up just standing there and waiting for him to do it all. I prefer a human that I can give a smile to and make their day better.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #2492
Proud Fan Club Member

I will only go through self checkout if I have only two or three items, which is rare! Its too confusing to me to scan, bag, etc. It seems to think I should be bagging when I already have!

We went to Giant (grocery store) and they have a roaming robot! I'll post his picture in the next post. I'm not sure what he does!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 10:11 AM   #2493
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon everyone!!

Wow, everyone is chatting away! So nice!!!

Catherine, so happy your spouse is ok! That is so dangerous! Get him boots for Christmas!!

Kandie, sad about your sister! Evener sadder that she did it to herself!

Kathy, that is such a weird picture! Robot? And you better rest dear lady!!

Sharon, sorry the snow hit! Ice even worse! Stay home and order online!

Sheets are changed, dishwasher empty, dogs are fed and now to bake. If I get my two kinds down early I might just make VSN cards!!
smadson, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-16-2019, 10:46 AM   #2494
Proud Fan Club Member

Guess what, my friends came and got me so I could go. They are younger by five and seven years and live in the country and I guess snow and ice don’t bother them. Anyway , I got to go and we went to a Panera near me instead of the one in the other town they live near. We sat for two and 1/2 , talked drank tea and coffee, and did our gift exchange. The worst roads are the ones to get out of an into our addition. We even saw a car that had slid off and up the curb coming back. One picked me up and the other brought me home. So nice of them. Then what did I do? I left my glasses in her car. I have another, so just hold on till the next time we get together. I am such a pain! Anyway, it is still snowing, and really pretty. It by Thursday when I have to get out for hair cut and nails , it will be in the 40s.

I remember Current. I still have Christmas stickers, and little cards to give peopl that say things like You are loved, or congratulations. I always think I am going to use them, and forget about them. We used to even get our checks from them.

DH did wash and shoveled snow while I was gone. It isn’t heavy, he could almost use a broom. So I played, he worked. LOL
Old 12-16-2019, 10:51 AM   #2495
Proud Fan Club Member

I can see my mail in email before I get it, so haven’t got it yet, but it shows I M getting Kandie’s card back. I must have addresses it wrong. I will see when I get it . But sorry. It seems every year, I address at least one wrong!
Old 12-16-2019, 12:13 PM   #2496
Proud Fan Club Member

I had to run to town for my prescription. Then I remembered that they now have a dollar tree there! I'm so glad I stopped because I finally found the Herr's Fire Roasted Sweet corn popcorn DIL likes! I bought her four bags and an extra one for me to try and see why she loves it so much! It rea,lly is yummy! I was going to get Chinese, but its getting so close to suppertime that I decided to wait.

Daily Scripture Thread

smadson, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #2497
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, thank you for the sweet Christmas card!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 12:35 PM   #2498
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! A quick check in as internet was down at home. It has been a busy morning already.

Good funny about Walmart and their cashiers, Kandie. Out here, though, I don't know why Walmart gets called out about that - maybe because they are a national company. I can tell you, most of the expensive grocery stores around here have a TON of check out registers but only one or two open. Walmart has more than that open, around here anyway.

I loved Current! It was such fun to get the catalog and peruse it!

Hopefully, internet will be good when I get home. Must run for now!
Old 12-16-2019, 12:49 PM   #2499
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, my sons got Chinese for me last night!! So I had leftovers for lunch today!
smadson, muscrat, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:59 PM   #2500
Proud Fan Club Member

That Walmart sign must have been created just for our area, because it certainly does apply. Not only that, but one of the check-outs is often manned by a newbie who is scared to death and moving very slow. Always so hard to learn in real time with people standing in line and waiting.

Sharon, I’m so glad you were able to go and your friends picked you up and brought you back home.

We found a nice tag inside our mailbox. It simply said, “Neighbor, your decorations are beautiful. Merry Christmas. PS you make our neighborhood look great.” Now how precious was that for someone to do? What a smile we got!

lacyquilter, smadson, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:01 PM   #2501
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I received your card today. Thank you so much.

annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:46 PM   #2502
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, I got your beautiful card today. Thank you. Yours came back to me . I had put your street and Karen’s city and state, Minnesota! It was right under your address on the Alpha list. Ugh! I will try to remail it tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:46 PM   #2503
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Busy day today! By the way, the fountain in our front yard had ice on the top layer this morning.

This morning I uploaded my Z card and just now I uploaded another card I made at the same time. It is basically the same card but without the zentangled trees.

Triangle Trees
Old 12-17-2019, 02:10 AM   #2504
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning all!

Finally the Christmas Partys with my groups are all over. We enjoyed the time without sport.

Spring is back over here. The sun is shining from a very blue sky. I have to remind myself, that's Dezember.

Kandie, great to hear from you again.

Catherine, so glad your DH is ok.

Ann, you have a very busy time, so much to do.

Shelly, thanks for the comments you left on my Cards.

We have Walmart over here, but we have to drive over an hour to get there, so we don't go there.

I'm invited for lunch today, so I have to get going.

Sending hugs to you all, have a good Thuesday.
smadson, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:38 AM   #2505
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Dagmar, enjoy your day.

DH finally got all the faux-tin panels put up in the bathroom. They look like farmhouse-style tin squares but they are printed on sheets of lightweight plastic about 2’ by 5’ and are floppy and hard for one person to hold. While DH stood on a ladder and tried to press each panel in place and push the glue tight against the ceiling, I was standing on the floor holding parts of the panel in place with the end of a dust broom. Then the panel would come loose and be lying on DH’s head while he was trying to push it back up on the ceiling. It turned into a Keystone Cops routine only DH was not amused, lol.

Some of the lines around the design did not line up right, mainly because apparently our bathroom walls are not square. I mentioned that if the ceiling were a card, I would be hiding the flaws with ribbon or Washi tape!

It does look nice, now that it’s finished. He said he will never do something like that again.

Last edited by Kemernow; 12-17-2019 at 06:15 AM..
smadson, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:04 AM   #2506
Proud Fan Club Member

Impressed Kandie that he did it this time. I am sorry, it it is a funny picture in my mind with him trying to put up the tile and you standing there with the dust broom handle held up to the ceiling to hold it in place. DH and I have been in funny situations like that! Of course not funny while we are doing it. I am glad you like the finished job. So, you will not be adding bows or Washi tape? LOL
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:20 AM   #2507
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Impressed Kandie that he did it this time. I am sorry, it it is a funny picture in my mind with him trying to put up the tile and you standing there with the dust broom handle held up to the ceiling to hold it in place. DH and I have been in funny situations like that! Of course not funny while we are doing it. I am glad you like the finished job. So, you will not be adding bows or Washi tape? LOL
I remember a certain "bargain" in your back seat! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 07:21 AM   #2508
Proud Fan Club Member

And a jello incident that didn't include your DH!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 07:56 AM   #2509
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

LOL! I am laughing at the sites described by you guys this morning!! Made me grin from ear to ear!! Kandie, you two are a riot!!

Tired today, spouse is up at night then back to bed and then up again, so always waking me up!! He is sleeping late each day, like into the afternoon, so then can not sleep at night! He's still in bed!

Hi Dagmar, fantastic your parties turned out well! Enjoy your lunch!

Kathy, how are you feeling today?

Hi Sharon, too funny is right but while we are going through that stuff with our spouses it sure is maddening!! Have fun working on VSN cards today! I hope to get some done as well!

Off to bake!
Old 12-17-2019, 08:02 AM   #2510
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm feeling good. A bit sore, but nothing to complain about. As a matter of fact I need to remind myself not to lift stuff. I'm so used to just lifting whatever needs done.

We were supposed to get some snow overnight but it stayed too warm. We got a bit of a layer of freezing rain, but even that has melted now. I'm not complaining, but if I had known that I would have fasted so I could get lab work done. I want to get it done this year since I've already met deductible. I will probably fast tonight and go tomorrow morning.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:15 AM   #2511
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I'm thankful for a cozy fire in the wood stove, otherwise we'd be freezing. There is ice in our fountain this morning as there was yesterday.

Last night DH bought green extension cords so our outside Christmas lights were powered. They don't look the best but there is something. At our former house, we had bushes on either side of the driveway so we had light nets to put on them. Here, we have no bushes but DD2 and I put light nets on either side of the front porch and draped them down over the cacti on either side. We also draped light nets on the tiny, ornamental fence out front. So happy to have lights outside so we don't look like grinches. (Since I didn't find outdoor letters to spell Ditto and an arrow!)

Dagmar, I'm surprised to hear that Walmart is over there too!

Kandie, oh my, that sounds like quite the process to get the tiles attached to your bathroom ceiling. I'm glad you persisted and like the results. Photo?

Sharon, Kathy has a good memory!

Kathy, I'm glad you are feeling good. Yes, please remember you are recovering from surgery. My brother had serious back surgery but his pain level was so reduced post surgery, it was amazing. His doctor called to remind him that he'd had serious back surgery and that most of his patients that he saw back in his office were there because they did too much post surgery because they were feeling so good!

Ann, I think I'd be tempted to wake DH up and not let him sleep during the day so he wouldn't keep me up at night! I'm mean like that!
mcschmidty, smadson, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:31 AM   #2512
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, we have opposite problems! DH wakes up between 4 and 5 and then is ready for bed at 8! One time last week, three in the morning, I got up for a drink of water and he was sitting in the living room playing games on his iPad! He really is getting better though. He has slept as late as 7 lately and has stayed up to 11, we are, after 53 years slowly meeting in some middle ground. I used to stay up in wee hours when I worked and craft, like Catherine. Now I am too tired to stay up that late and craft at night!

Kathy, you don’t even know the story of the 42” tv we bought at Walmart several years ago, and the guy loaded into the back seat our car for us! LOL same car by the way.
muscrat, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:51 AM   #2513
Stazon Splitcoast

Ann, you ought to be able to make enough noise in the kitchen baking to keep spouse awake. At least my DH would tell me so.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:00 AM   #2514
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, so Sharon knows some funny stories about you? Do tell, Sharon! We are all ears!

Btw, DH has decided to put an edging around the bathroom ceiling. He has thrown several pieces of trim on the floor already. I am keeping the tarnation away from him because I will open my mouth about the fact that I thought it looked just fine last night and why in the world is he changing it again????? (Sigh)

smadson, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:33 PM   #2515
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, Kathy was remembering stories about me, that I told in myself in this chat forum.
muscrat, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-17-2019, 03:44 PM   #2516
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy has a good memory!!
Old 12-17-2019, 04:16 PM   #2517
Proud Fan Club Member

When it's funny, I have a good memory! Wish my memory was good all the time!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 05:26 PM   #2518
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, I am such a night owl that I can't imagine the idea of waking up at 3:00 am to get up for the morning. I could see 3:00 am IF I had stayed up that late...LOL. Did I mention I am a night owl?!

Now I want to hear about the 42" TV purchase!

Kandie, I'm sure the ceiling will look LOVELY with the trim around it...once it is in place.

DD2 and I delivered the Kiss trees today at the end of the school day. I did take a photo of 12 of them, we made one more that is for the teacher who is on medical leave. Here they are (should I upload it to my gallery?):
Attached Thumbnails
kissmas-trees.jpg  
lacyquilter, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:32 PM   #2519
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, put them in your gallery!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #2520
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

OK, they are in my gallery. I was so happy to have DD2 help make them.

"Kiss"mas Trees
smadson, muscrat and Kemernow like this post.