Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-02-2019, 01:20 PM   #2121
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello ladies!!!
I tried keeping up with the chatter via the phone while gone... Lots to read!

We put 1800 miles on the van the past week. We left Saturday and drove as far as possible to avoid the ice predicted in Toledo, then finished up the rest yesterday. Not too terrible of a drive and three drivers was very helpful.

The house we rented was cute- a historic home and she really had everything we could ever dream of in the home except a nail file : )

The oven is a 1950 something Thermador, and the stove top was electric. We use gas at home, so I did burn some chili, but hubby and I ate it
anyway!

We visited Yorktown and Williamsburg, and then headed to Fairfax to DD2's apartment before heading home. Turkey was delicious and thats what we ate out of the cooler getting home, so did not have to stop much for food- just gas and letting the pup out....

I read that no one has heard from Kandie yet- prayers for her and her sis

Hawiian- prayers for your MIL

Ann- congrats for your iceskaters and yeah for a new washer!

Kathy- keeping you in thoughts for your surgery this Friday!

Shirl- Happy Anniversary!

Gracie- muscles in your arms have got to be getting a workout! Thats alot of rock! Glad your day 2 sale went better!

Catherine- love your Ditto idea! LOL We stopped at a coffee shop Friday and I waited 1/2 for a cup of tea : ) I did not yell at anyone..people were being pretty patient.

Dagmar- love your wreath! We use Purple and pink in our wreaths for advent : ) I love the reds though!

Sharon- hope you report on the Oxide sprays- I have resisted them, as I have Delusions in every color. I store them in the box I spray into : )

Waving hello to all- I know Jayne is organizing.

I am trying to organize and destash, and am making an even bigger mess. I have donated some and will try to sell a few and then donate the rest that do not sell!

My family is having the 1st Christmas without Mom and Dad, so we just narrowed down where it was going to be- it was going to be here, but my younger sis wants to Hostess. So, we will decorate outside, but sparcely inside as we will be gone and do our small Christmas in Colorado- all of my kids, DIL and baby!

I better get back to work- laundry from suitcases, etc......

Shelly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
muscrat, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:58 PM   #2122
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Welcome back Shelly!

Sharon, I've spilled jello in refrigerator before! It is quite the mess. I'm so glad you didn't hurt yourself trying to hold onto the shelf with all the bottles! No fun cleaning all of that up! Oh my goodness...it sure sounds like something I'd do, too! LOL

Catherine, I'm glad you got to spend the day with your daughter, even though things didn't turned out exactly as planned. We have a True Value Hardware/Ben Franklin store back in Wisconsin. They don't carrry a lot of crafts any more though.
mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:12 PM   #2123
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! A quick check in before heading to Bible study tonight. DD1 is excited that her schedule allows her to go with us this week. I'm happy about that too!

Goodness, Sharon, I'm glad you still had jello and you didn't get hurt! I was afraid the jars on the shelf would break and make a bigger mess!

Shelly, welcome back! Goodness, that is quite the cute little oven. I would think it would be an adjustment to cook in. On behalf of serving staff everywhere, thank you for being patient while waiting for your tea.

I had never heard of Ben Franklin Crafts before seeing this one in Nevada City (CA). They have quite the assortment of craft items like a Michaels or Hobby Lobby - lots of yarn, material, crafting items, jewelry, paper crafting, a lovely assortment of Copics, etc. They also have a framing dept. I wouldn't say they have a lot of stamps and papers but they have them and an assortment that I don't tend to see at Michaels or HL. In fact, I was tempted to purchase some Pixie Spray there. I don't get over to Nevada City often (it is about 30 minutes in a direction I don't generally drive), but it was fun to pop in there and find a couple of things.

Off to saute mushrooms for our dinner at Bible study tonight. We eat together with everyone providing part of the meal, and then have Bible study. Tonight we are having Tortas.
smadson, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:07 PM   #2124
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl and Ann you are so good at commenting. I've been busy prepping for surgery, so I've fallen behind. Thank you.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
annsforte3 and shirlb19 like this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:49 AM   #2125
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello everyone!

Sharon, Im glad you did not hurt yourself.

Shelly, welcome back. This is a cute little oven.

Shirl, Happy Aniversary.

I don't have Oxide Sprays, I have some Dylusions and use a box when spraying.

I'm organizing 4 Christmas parties for next week, so I'm very busy.
Not much time for crafting.
annsforte3, shirlb19 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:08 AM   #2126
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, Dagmar, so many parties! Friends and family? You will be very busy!! Do you have to make food for them too?

Hi Kathy, thinking of you as the surgery approaches! Hugs! Are you making some food to freeze too?

Morning all!
JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:32 AM   #2127
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!

You have a busy month Dagmar with all your Christmas parties! Such a fun time for celebrations! Enjoy!

Kathy, thinking of you as you prepare for surgery Friday. It will be good to have that behind you!

Ann, I need to get into my craft room and get my Christmas cards done! I'm so envious that yours are done and sent out! My goal is to be like you next year!

Catherine, I'm sure it was wonderful to have DD1 along with you for Bible Study last night! As our children grow up, the time we have to spend with them becomes less and so very precious.

Hi Jayne, Shirl, Sharon, Melody, Shelly, Kandie, Sis and anyone I've missed.

How's the organizing going Jayne? Hugs to you Kandie and prayers for you and Sis, too. Hoping everyone is getting some time to just take a moment for themselves during this busy holiday season! Love to all of you!
annsforte3 likes this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:37 AM   #2128
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Hi Everyone!

It's been fun to get back into the Alphabet Challenge here and there. Thanks for all the encouraging comments!

I wanted to share something with you. It's a fun card swap called the Baker's Dozen. I've done it for several rounds and so enjoyed it. You are matched with a partner for 13 weeks "A Baker's Dozen". Every Monday, you send a card to your partner and in turn, she sends a card to you every Monday. There's a chat thread to post thank yous and hellos.

You are encouraged to chat with your partner via PM's or email. I have had the chance to meet some lovely stampers and still email chat & exchange cards with some of them from time to time.

With all that said, the next round #22 starts in January. Signup by January 2nd, your partners name will be given January 7th. Send your first card on Jan 13th. No stress over the holidays.

For 2020 we're looking to add in some new players. Think about it. If you're like me, you have extra cards to send. It's fun to see what others are making. Always a joy to receive a handmade cards in the mailbox!

Here's a link:
new accepting swappers bakers dozen 22 invite friend join along t631358.html

Have a great day!
~ Diane
Old 12-03-2019, 08:47 AM   #2129
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm in the parking lot at the Chinese place waiting on my friend. I have my Walmart run done, got gas, did banking, and the only other thing left is the the lab work after I eat. It's not a fasting draw. Oh and I stopped at the auto store and got the stuff to repair my back windshield. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it because we tried gluing it with regular glue and now I can't remember which side is the broken one!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:25 AM   #2130
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is sunny this morning as we are having a break in the rain much to Honey's happiness. She definitely does not like the rain.

Bible study was good last night. Gracie, you are right, time with our kids is wonderful. I'm also thankful that, as a nineteen year old, she wants to go to Bible study and participate. Everyone who took mushrooms for their tortas, loved them. Personally, I'm not a big fan of mushrooms but was happy to make them for everyone else.

Wow, Dagmar, that is a lot of Christmas parties to organize. I hope you don't have to do all the cooking for all of them!

Gracie, I don't know if I'm going to get to Christmas cards this year. That would be unfortunate as I have a number of them made (though nothing like Ann!) but everything has gotten so busy around here, there just aren't enough hours in the day. If only I didn't have to work! I'm working on a project that should have been done before December began...oh well.

Hi Diane! Good to "see" you here. I love the idea of the Baker's Dozen but I'm not sure I can wrap my mind around participating though I know it doesn't start until January - what a great idea not to add to December!

Enjoy your lunch, Kathy. My stomach is growling so I'd better go eat breakfast and head off to work (though I've been doing work for my job at home which is why I'm later than usual this morning).
annsforte3, shirlb19 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:39 AM   #2131
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You are making me hungry Kathy!!!!!!!! You too Catherine!
Old 12-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #2132
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, your link for your "B" card is not working!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:25 AM   #2133
Proud Fan Club Member

Chinese was extra good. Maybe because I haven't had it in a while. The girl who drew my blood was EXCELLENT! I didn't feel even a pinch! Wowsers, she needs to give lessons! I gave her one of my treat boxes with Merci chocolate and she smiled ear to ear! I also gave one to the drive thru cashier at dunkin! Normally I wouldn't do banking until Friday but not sure what time I have to be at the hospital yet. They said they'd call me Thursday. The only banking I do is withdraw at the ATM so DH has cash for two weeks. He has direct deposit and He doesn't like to use his card anywhere but the gas station unless I'm along. He's always afraid he'll make a mistake.

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:36 AM   #2134
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

This is very weird, my "likes" are all disappearing on the card posting site!! I did them twice and they are all gone again!
muscrat and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:38 AM   #2135
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ok now they are back! Think I need a nap!
Old 12-03-2019, 11:53 AM   #2136
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning all!

Kathy, I got your sweet card yesterday. I love it and now I want that bundle, lol.....

Need to start addressing some cards.

Our anniversary dinner was off the charts good!

Thanks for all your good wishes!

Shirl
smadson, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #2137
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, the acetate card is mercury glass acetate DSP by SU. Its 12x12 acetate sheets with a silvery design on it. Actually there are at least two different designs.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 02:41 PM   #2138
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, that happens to me as well. I sometimes cannot like a post even though I want to.

Has anyone heard anything from Kandie? You might have said, but it takes too long to wade through the posts.

Shirl

Shirl
Old 12-03-2019, 03:41 PM   #2139
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I have not heard from Kandie. I did send her a card.
shirlb19 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:51 PM   #2140
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, I am going to send her a card as well!

Thanks Ann!

Shirl
Old 12-03-2019, 04:35 PM   #2141
Proud Fan Club Member

I sent Kandie a card as well. I remember her saying she would be busy with her sis who was very ill and might not check in. But I didn’t think it would be this long. I continue to pray for her and her family.

Thanks to those who could see themselves doing something like I did. It made me feel not quite so old and feeble! LOL. The three layer Christmas jello was a hit. It is the first time they ate most of what I have taken. There were two squares left, and we had them with supper tonight.

Did you see you can post FF faves to Pinterest? Over in the Falliday Fest Chat thread Lydia announced it. She also said we could post faves while she gets the report. So, you ought to check in over there.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:52 PM   #2142
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You're welcome, Ann, for making you hungry. You know, I was quite hungry this morning. I had my usual breakfast and was still hungry! I didn't have time to eat more though, so I didn't.

Shelly, the link to your B card still isn't working. I got to it by going to your gallery. Fun card! Congrats on the ink pad win, how exciting!

So cool, Kathy, you are going around spreading good cheer everywhere you go! I'm glad the girl who did your draw was good at what she does. If only they all were!

Yay, Shirl, I'm glad your anniversary dinner was off the charts good! Usually when I can't like a post, it is because I need to refresh the screen, then I can like it. Of course, if the site is having bug issues, that is a completely different issue.

Very cool paper, Kathy. I haven't spent that much time perusing the catalog because I don't want to be tempted. I'm hoping I will get some money for Christmas...we'll see.

I'm concerned about what is happening with Kandie, or more accurately, her sister. Especially since it has gone on so long.

Sharon, I'll have to go see what you mean about FF faves. I haven't looked at FF for a while.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:01 PM   #2143
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

REMINDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week's letter is "A"!

Keywords: ABC12A13, ABC12 and your personal keyword

Have fun!
shirlb19 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:26 PM   #2144
Proud Fan Club Member

I sent Kandie a card too. I didn't think it would be so long that we've heard from her. I think she was last on the 9th of November!. Victoria has been MIA too for chatting, although she has been commenting so I am guessing she's OK. Prayers for both.

I will be off all day on Friday. If I check in at night and sound goofy just figure its pain meds at work!

Daily Scripture Thread

smadson, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:47 PM   #2145
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oops, DD1 and I went to Michaels after dropping DD2 off for her Honor Society outing tonight (they are going to a Messiah sing-a-long). I left with two new 12x12 Christmas pads and a 12x12 glitter pad. It was buy one at regular price (sort of because it actually came out to less than the full price even for the one pad) and get the other two free. DD1 got a paper pad, an 80 pack card/envelope kit, and a 17 month fill-in calendar.
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:57 PM   #2146
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, which Christmas pads did you get? I bought the one called Christmas Farmhouse and got two more of the same one free.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #2147
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I saw that one and it was tempting, Kathy. Probably I'll see your projects with it and wish I had gotten it! I got Evergreen Cabin, Say Freeze, and holiday glitz glitter. DD1's paper pack is the Naughty and Nice one.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:16 PM   #2148
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Fixed B link. I checked it and it works now.

I have a zillion SU retired stamps that I am destashing... hubby wants me to try to sell them. He has no clue how long it takes to take pictures and price everything.....so I spent 2 days taking pics and all, so uploaded them on two Facebook sites and now found out one has deleted pics because I did something wrong....grrrrr I had 7 bins of stuff, donated 2 of them. Whatever is not sold in a couple of weeks is also going to be donated! Hubby says even if I make $100.00, it is 100 that I did not have before....

Did anyone buy anything on Black Friday???? I did shop at a couple of stamping stores for Black Friday, and purchased a manual for the Silhouette that was on sale. I also have a child from a local school to shop for for Christmas- 8 year old- she likes to craft : ) This is fun! Tomorrow, will go get clothes asked for, the rest, ordered on Amazon..... and I will make her a couple of crafty kits. I find great joy in shopping for a child from this list- really makes my Christmas season more special!!!

I overslept for drawing today, luckily, she has a class on Thursday nights and will let me attend. I had piano, errands, dinner, then bible study.

Waving hello to all!!! Will have to check FF faves to Pinterest!

Shelly
smadson, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:36 PM   #2149
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, stamp de-stashing? Good thing I'm so far away, I might be tempted!

As soon as the bread is out of the oven, I'm heading to bed!
mcschmidty and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:08 AM   #2150
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Afternoon all.

The Christmas Partys are for 4 of my 5 Sportgroups, of whom I'm the trainer.

I don't have to cook, we have catering. I organize everything, like musik, little presents, I packed bags with homemeade cookies, I will read a Christmas Story to them, decorate the tables, usw.

Shelly, congrats to your win.

Finally I got ma B-Card done.

Have a nice Wednesday all.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:30 AM   #2151
Proud Fan Club Member

Your card is beautiful , Dagmar. You are a busy lady! You are a sport trainer? Four different sports or four groups of same? Kids, or adults? Maybe you told us and I missed it.

Here is the link to the Falliday Fest Chat thread. Lydia gave us a link to the Pinterest board which you can request to join and then pin your favorites. It is called Fan Favorites.

Page 5 - Falliday Fest 2019 Chat Thread - Splitcoaststampers
mcschmidty and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:50 AM   #2152
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning! Whats left of it! Fell back to sleep as I was up twice and then spouse was awake and tossing and turning!

Anyone heard from Sally? Think she is missing in action here too!

Hoping Kandie is doing ok! Miss her funny finds in the morning!

Dagmar, wow, you are a busy lady with all those groups!! But what fun it must be!
smadson and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:10 AM   #2153
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow! I missed a lot of chat yesterday! I usually get email notices that someone added to ABC chat, but I didn't get any until today, so I assumed everyone was busy!

I've been thinking a lot about our gals "missing in action." I sent Kandie a card, also. I do miss her pictures and daily updates. Missing Sally, Jayne and Sis too! It is the holiday season, so I'm sure that is a factor too.

I'm in a lazy slump right now...too much to do...then, being a perfectionist, I do nothing! Such a bad mode to get into! "Snap out of it Gracie!" LOL
mcschmidty, smadson and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:53 AM   #2154
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! A quick check in from work as I was chasing my tail this morning at home so didn't have a chance to say hello. The rain has returned - poor Honey. DH worked over all three vehicles last night cleaning inside and out of the windows and applying RainX to the windshield. I hadn't noticed that my wipers were maybe not gliding across like I would like until this morning. They floated across beautifully!

Dagmar, what sport or sports are your groups? Sounds like fun!

Gracie, I can so relate to the too much to do and doing nothing...

Well, back to work, chat with you later!
Old 12-04-2019, 05:49 PM   #2155
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, everyone must be very busy, no chatter today!
Old 12-04-2019, 05:52 PM   #2156
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, it seems when I check ABC chat...no one is on, then when I don't, lots of chatter! LOL

There were sure a lot of cards uploaded to ABC challenge though!
mcschmidty, smadson, muscrat and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:01 PM   #2157
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That's Murphy for you, Gracie! Yes, a lot of cards uploaded. I just got caught up on commenting on the cards.

It is chilly in our house right now...and rainy outside.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #2158
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
That's Murphy for you, Gracie! Yes, a lot of cards uploaded. I just got caught up on commenting on the cards.

It is chilly in our house right now...and rainy outside.

Yes, it is that darn Murphy! I was going to say that too!

It is chilly and rainy here too, tonight.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:27 PM   #2159
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It's just cold and windy here! No rain or snow!! All week no rain! Nice for a change!
Old 12-04-2019, 06:41 PM   #2160
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Your rain came out west, Ann!

Yay, DH is home to build a fire for us. Yes, I should do it myself but I need a refresher on fire building in this wood stove. It is counter to what I grew up doing.