Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-18-2019, 06:28 PM   #1881
Proud Fan Club Member

I love kittens and I love people who post short adorable Videos.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:35 PM   #1882
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ladies....I also hope that Kandie is ok.

Kathy, glad that your cough has improved. That box is cute..and also the video. Love cats.

Sharon...mwah....in fact mwah to you all. Yes I’m feeling a lot better, thank you. I took some activated charcoal yesterday....on the advice of DIL1 and it seems to have helped. The nauseous feeling has gone and my stomach seems to have settled. I’m concerned about DH..he is coughing more and has cancelled his golf for this week. We have to go into the city....neither of us wants to go but it is an appointment with our financial advisor and he only visits our State twice a year. We will take the train and I’m not sure it’s the right thing for DH. He refuses to go to the Drs..typical man. How did Larry go with his appointment? I hope all is ok.

Catherine, I hope that you manage to get some decorations put up. I find Xmas decorations make me happy and our poppets love them.

My hubby is sort of handy. He can keep on top of minor things with the car plus we have son2 who is a mechanic but guess what....he doesn’t service our cars. We have taken them to a garage lol, mainly because he never had the time and my Mazda needs to be serviced through a recognised dealer. He does come in handy if something is wrong with a car though and we are desperate lol. Hubby also does helps in the house but refuses to paint and he doesn’t seem to notice the cracks after building lol. I can’t complain as he helps with the housework since he was retired...he vacuums, I do the rest and he does keep the outside deck clean..that’s his area lol. We have a rule that I do the food shopping and cooking and he will iron. I do not like ironing. Since we retired there’s not a lot but I still think I got the better deal. As to plumbing, electrical and bigger jobs, we hire the experts.

Ann my hubby also likes to sit and watch tv....mainly sport, but he seems to have cut down on this since he started genealogy research 18 months ago. We now only have the tv on in the evenings. I think the secret when retired is to find a hobby that your DH will enjoy and that doesn’t involve him sitting all day in front of the tv. A friends hubby did this and it really got under her nose.

Shirl, we also have a large shower with glass from floor to ceiling. We squeegee it and then use a micro fibre cloth. We’ve done this since we moved in over 7 years ago and it seems to have kept the shower very clean. We also play for the “shower scrubbing trophy” at golf some weeks. DH lost last time so it’s his turn to clean the shower and when he’s feeling better. I used to scrub it every week but don’t now. A friend told me that if I sprayed some shower glass windex on the screen daily I wouldn’t need to clean it. I did try it but found the squeegee and mit better.

We love Netflix and saw that The Crown is back...and also Outlander...yay. We missed series 4 so may have to watch the end of series 3 before we watch that. Love that show.

I sat reading last night...I’m reading All the light we cannot see....loving it. I’ve been meaning to read this book for weeks and now just want to stay home and read lol. I highly recommend it if you haven’t read it.

Hi sis Vicki...I think I may have to call you Bicki as that’s what my iPad wants to type every time...Lol. I wish there was something that could be done to help with your migraines. I read on another chat I’m on that a lady said she’s been migraine free for several months. Not sure what meds she’s taking but maybe I can ask her for you, you must go and speak with your Dr. Could it be sinus related? I get migraines with my sinus and have had 3 since we came home. I didn’t have one whilst away. DH says it’s because of the pollen but given I’ve not been outside much I don’t get it. Postcards....mmmm

Well I’ve rabbited in enough. I need to get organised and for this city trip.

Enjoy everyone
smadson and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:21 PM   #1883
Proud Fan Club Member

Good night, Jayne, and the rest of you. Sweet dreams.
annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:51 PM   #1884
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I made my snow globe, will take a photo in the morning. I am
working on my ornament. I don't have black gesso so will do a layer of white followed by a layer of black paint, then go from there.

Yay, Jayne! I'm glad you are feeling better today. As for Christmas decorations, last year we had the inside decorated but we didn't get any outside decor up. I'm hoping to get some lights or something up outside this year. We'll see.

Oh yay...not. I received notice from our electric company that they may be turning the power off on Wednesday. I don't know what forecast they are looking at, what they described does NOT match the forecast I am seeing.

Sweet dreams, Sharon!
smadson, annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:18 PM   #1885
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine, in truth, you may not need black at all. Most of the ornaments in the gallery, were completely covered in other colors of paint. So that might be a step you can skip, unless you want some black showing.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
cdimick and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:04 PM   #1886
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello all!

I looked the relaxed Falliday schedule, so took it easy last week...and my schedule this week is not going to allow much stamping time...... Darn! I will try the ornaments later, so love the patina one with the dies!!! I will not meet the deadline, but love the look of them!

I taught Religious Ed tonight, and had the kids make 2 cards each- one for last weeks Teapot Tuesday (prayers of Thanksgiving) and one for a little 4 year old with cancer- here chemo caused liver complications...so she has to travel from Georgia to NY for treatment. She is so adorable! I follow her story on Facebook- Addi's journey......

Tomorrow, drawing class, piano and a bible study at night. I hope to make the new years card in the gap. I also need a tone on tone one! And, my husband... is always hungry.... so have to make something for dinner..... LOL He sits alot for work, but is always on the move- tons of energy, and does not sit much after work. He is known for his enormous appetite! Goodness he can eat! And, he never gains a pound!
I have been keeping Kandi and her sister in prayers!

Jayne and Vicki- glad to see you both popping in!

Catheryn- my hubby is handy- and I always say (and so true) for him, the hard jobs are easy, and the easy jobs are hard!!! He does not touch the cars though..... I am with you about not going to college and getting skills like electrician, plumber, etc.... We had a plumber here last month- $118.00 per hour!

We always travel for Christmas- in the last 5 years, as it is the only time we are all together.... So, last year, I decorated spaesely.... this year, hubby is on board and we may not even put a tree up... Not being grinches, maybe I can get a tabletop tree!

Kathy- hope you feel better- I read surgery in December- back surgery?
That is a cool story about your hubby being the 'key' guy!!!
Whola- your box is amazing!!!

Sharon- that is alot of cleaning in your shower!

Waving hello to all- have to get to bed! I just noticed the clock.....

Shelly
muscrat, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:31 AM   #1887
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning. DH just left for PT. He only has three more times. He had heart tests yesterday, and all looked good. DR. will call later with all the results and said, mYbe just put him on medications.
Tonight, our WSU Shockers play. (College basketball). They have won their first three games.
Melody, wished I had known, I would have skipped the gray paint after the gesso cote. I didn’t have black gesso or black acrylic paint. Oh, well.
Kathy, that box was amazing, and must be huge to use all that paper.
Ann, yes, I thought of Jack when I made that snow globe jar topper.
I will see if I can get one more tutorial done, and three cards today. No am building up my Christmas cards. Maybe I will have enough for this year, after all.
Shelly, it keeps the shower soap scum from building up, so it helps. But it is funny that we are not the only ones who do it. It was neat to fins out Catherine & Shirl & hubbies do it too.

Raise your hands if you take left over clean napkins from dining out, home with you. Smiling. These things are things you do as you mature, I think.
Although, I don’t think Catherine is in that stage of life yet. LOL

Ok, at HL yesterday- I got my steps, by walking to the store, I went to the rest room , and while on the potty, looked down and saw glitter. So , it is true! Paper crafters/card card makers pee glitter! LOL

Kandie, praying for you.
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:51 AM   #1888
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all! Read all of the chat but still no new computer so typing is a pain. Suppose to be here by end of week. Love and hugs to all of you!
Old 11-19-2019, 09:16 AM   #1889
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I thought I would take a photo of my snow globe this morning but had too many other things to do so...it will have to wait. I got another layer on my ornament though. Waiting desperately for a package to arrive, it is headlights for the van. DH has to rush home before dark because he was working on them no Sunday and it didn't go well.

Melody, thanks for the tip about the black paint. I am going ahead with it though, that is the layer I just applied. We'll see how it all turns out.

Shelly, are you taking piano lessons? Did I understand that correctly? That is so cool! I was blessed with piano lessons for years - first grade through tenth, some in my junior or senior year too. My mom always wanted to have lessons but they couldn't afford them so I was blessed from her lack in childhood.

Sharon, too funny about the glitter at Hobby Lobby! As for showers, we should probably add the microfiber cloth wipe down as well, but we just do the squeegee.

Gracie, I hope your computer gets there soon!
annsforte3 likes this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:51 AM   #1890
Stazon Splitcoast

"Raise your hands if you take left over clean napkins from dining out, home with you. Smiling. These things are things you do as you mature, I think."

Absolutely. They are only going to toss them otherwise. If nothing else, put them in the car for when you spill coffee, because you hit the brakes too hard.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, smadson, muscrat and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:25 AM   #1891
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, you sound like you speak from experience? LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:27 AM   #1892
Proud Fan Club Member

I got my pumpkin penuche cookies done! The hardest and longest part is frosting them.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #1893
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, those sound yummy.

I finally got a bay window card done. Of course, I had to change some of the measurements.

bay window fold by lacyquilter - at Splitcoaststampers
Old 11-19-2019, 01:58 PM   #1894
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon!

Came home and slept for a few hours! They took five tubes of blood from me and froze off all the things on my back! Feels like little pins going into each spot when they do it! Does hurt!

I am sore so glad I posted my cards yesterday, sorry they were a day ahead. Something told me today was going to be a bad day!
Old 11-19-2019, 02:00 PM   #1895
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder:

Letter of the week is "C"

Keyword: ABC12C11, ABC12, and then your personal keyword

This should be an easy letter! Christmas, cardinals, cat...
Old 11-19-2019, 02:07 PM   #1896
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann! Hugs! So sorry you hurt. Why did they have to take so much blood?
Old 11-19-2019, 02:36 PM   #1897
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Congrats to Catherine for being the favorite for the color challenge last week!!!
mcschmidty, smadson, muscrat and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #1898
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Ann! Hugs! So sorry you hurt. Why did they have to take so much blood?

Running tests to make sure I am not losing potassium from the new water pills and then the dermatologist is running tests for iron levels and such due to my thinning hair.

He's ruling out all the items that maybe I might be lacking that could cause my hair getting thinner.

I do have a thyroid condition that contributes to it but he is making sure.

I like that he is being thorough.

My regular doctor just said it could be the diabetes, and never did anything else about it!

So far the dermatologist has now recommended a different vitamin for me with more biotin and other nutrients in it! It's something, will see as the months progress.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:50 PM   #1899
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, wow! I am loosing lots of hair, my dermatologist just said wait another couple months, if I still am come back. I am getting real thin on top in front. Looks bald to me. Eek. But I don’t have any other health issues
I guess. So they are not concerned. But I sure am! I am glad your dermatologist is being thorough.
Has anyone hear from Kandie yet? I wonder if something happened with her sister.

I finished all the cards and tutorials for FF. Can you believe I did all the tutorials? I never have before.
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:25 PM   #1900
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne might want to check out this video. It shows some stuff in the new catalogs from SU that will start in January. I see golf stamp and DSP!

Daily Scripture Thread

Ozpom likes this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:45 PM   #1901
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks, Ann, it was a surprise!

I just got home a little bit ago, DD2 had to stay after school to record a "radio" show with two classmates so was way late getting home. DH's new headlight bulbs arrived early - fabulous - they are the wrong ones, not fabulous! Yikes...he really needs headlights!

Ouch, Ann, I hope the pain goes away quickly.

Great job, Sharon! I'm working on my last tutorial and still haven't uploaded the snow globe one.

Oh my, much sighing and frustration coming from DH as he is researching the headlights!

Kathy, I'll have to check out the video later.
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:06 PM   #1902
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations Catherine. Well deserved.

Kathy..are you enabling me lol. Love those papers....and the golf ones will always be handy here. When I saw your comment I said nope I’m not opening but I couldn’t resist. I was so not going to buy anymore lol. My friend went to the On Stage last weekend and I’m sure she will be showing me the books in due course...eek. I’m in trouble. Repeat..I do not need..repeat I do not need.

Ann that’s a lot of blood and at least it will determine what’s going on, if anything.

My hairdresser was telling me that we all lose hair as we age and women’s hairlines also recede. I know mine has thinned out the past few months and I’ve always had thick hair. It was scary to see that my fringe was getting higher at one side. The joys of aging. If I’m not plucking hair from my chin I’m worrying about my fringe lol. Son1 has alopecia..he’s had it since he was 10 and coped well throughout his life with it. He’s now lost hair all down one side of his face so if he grows a beard it’s patchy on one side. We never could find out what was causing it.

Hubby is finally going to the Drs..yay. It’s been a week since his cough started and he’s not much better plus he’s losing weight without trying. I’m not changing. How does that work and I’m hardly eating too lol.

DH has finally decided that he will buy himself a new car. Our experiment with one hasn’t been too bad but he feels that at this stage of life he should be able to get himself a new car and it probably will be his last one. I’m happy for him as he never spends money on himself. There’s only one spendthrift in this house.

He’s also told me I can go and look for a new couch. I’m so happy...I’ve been asking for over 7 years and finally we will get some comfort and goodbye sore backs...well that’s the theory. We are going for recliners. The kids laugh and say old people jokes but the last laugh will be on us when we are sitting comfortably watching tv lol. If only we both had the energy to go shopping.

Hope everyone is going ok...waving to you all and to those who haven’t been online for a while...sending hugs

Last edited by Ozpom; 11-19-2019 at 07:14 PM..
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:25 PM   #1903
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

night all!
Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:37 PM   #1904
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Nite Ann..sleep well.

I watched a show last night and they had a Alpha group in the episode.....very different to ours and was a black comedy, but it did make me laugh.
annsforte3 and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:38 PM   #1905
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Today I’m counting my blessings and I count you ladies...thank you for making me feel so comfortable and welcomed on this thread. I may not make as many cards as you all but I love to chat. I’m very grateful.
lacyquilter, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:05 PM   #1906
Proud Fan Club Member

You are a blessing to us too, Jayne!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 08:08 PM   #1907
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Kathy....hugs
muscrat, annsforte3 and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #1908
Proud Fan Club Member

I won't be checking in too early tomorrow. I have to be at the doctor's at 8:30 for my check up for surgery. Then I have to go to pre-admission for blood work, EKG and paperwork. Then I have to go to Walmart for my mom. She has prescriptions that need picked up and shopping list

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 08:42 PM   #1909
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Goodnight and sweet dreams to all of you who are off to bed.

I'm still typing on tablet, so I read chat but don't comment a lot. Soon...I hope...I'll have my new laptop with a real keyboard again!

My DH and I worked on our yard yesterday and today. We had to dig a trench from the road to the back of our lot because when we had heavy monsoon rains in September the water washed away a lot of rock in our yard and we had a "river" of water headed towards our house. We shoveled 3 tons of rock the last 2 days into the trench to keep the water away from the house. Such fun. Lol
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:16 PM   #1910
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Congrats to Catherine for being the favorite for the color challenge last week!!!
Woohooo woot woot! Congratulations Sis Catherine.
Mahalos Fairy Much Sis Ann for the mention , since I don't really wonder around and on as I use too. Hope that change soon because I miss all of you.

Also Mahalos Fairy Much for always coming to my aid as well *wink
Old 11-19-2019, 09:30 PM   #1911
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sweet dreams, Ann!

Jayne, I second Kathy's comment that you are a blessing to us too and you were missed when you were on vacation. Yay for getting a new couch too, good luck in your search. We need to get a new couch but I think the repair costs for the van has probably put that on hold indefinitely.

Kathy, I hope the check up goes well tomorrow morning.

Gracie, praying your new computer comes soon - as well as my DH's re-order of headlights. It is getting challenging to get home before dark.

Shoveling rock? Not fun, but better than having a river run through your house. Those Arizona monsoons are serious business!

Hi Vickster, you are missed on here too...glad you do your fly bys!
annsforte3, Hawaiian, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:00 PM   #1912
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Another late night drop in- I just had to create a couple of cards tonight! Tuesdays are my busy day. I was taking art classes with my mother- who was an artist.... and I decided I needed drawing classes to improve my results. I only color in the lines (stamps)....so drawing class...week 8 this week- 1-5 were graphite pencil, the next 3 were charcoal.......

When I started, I could not draw a stick man... this week, she had me color in the entire background in charcoal so it is black, and my drawing was with an eraser......

I am also taking piano lessons. It is a battle, as I play by ear, so really have to work hard to use the correct fingers.... Oh Boy..... I have a great piano teacher. Playing piano uses both sides of your brain, so I figure it may ward off the dementia that my mother suffered from, although she was quite happy in her last years despite not remembering stuff.....

Oh Kathy, I snuck a peek at all of the SU stuff..... I know it was for Jayne, but curiousity got the best of me!!! WOW!
Best wishes for your presurgery check up!

Catherine, how disappointing to get the wrong headlights! And, Congrats to you on your favorite pick!!! How very cool!!!

We are taking our van in for service before our 900 mile driving trip to Virginia for Thanksgiving. The Air Conditioning does not work, so I do not get into it much unless it is cool weather out..... We have our DD1's pup (70#) going with us, so will have his kennel in the back as well. We will cook Turkey at an airbnb : )

Ann- hope your pain subsides quickly!!!

Sharon- love that your hubby admits he knows where the gas goes in the car and that is it- that is pretty funny! I had a year where I kept getting stuck at work, hubby put a new battery in the car and did not attach the holder, so it kept slipping. Finally, one of the security guards at the hospital came out to jump my car and figured that out. The easy stuff is hard, the hard stuff is easy....... Should have been easy.....LOL

Gracie- hope your new computer arrives soon! Digging- yikes, that is alot of work!!!

Vicki- glad you are getting Falliday projects done!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Old 11-19-2019, 11:09 PM   #1913
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I finished my ornament! yay! I still need to take photos of the ornament and the snow globe and upload them. However, I probably won't have power in the morning....yay, here we go again.

Shelly, cool drawing, how neat to be taking classes! I love that you are taking piano lessons too, that is fabulous. Obviously, I am quite fond of that instrument.

Vickster, thanks for the love you left in my gallery.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:19 AM   #1914
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
"Raise your hands if you take left over clean napkins from dining out, home with you. Smiling. These things are things you do as you mature, I think."

Absolutely. They are only going to toss them otherwise. If nothing else, put them in the car for when you spill coffee, because you hit the brakes too hard.
I haven't but I might now
smadson, annsforte3 and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:27 AM   #1915
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Catherine....hugs. I hope that you get a new couch next year too.....and your headlights soon. It must be very challenging and unsafe for you to drive home in the dark. I wish for good things to happen for you soon.

Shelly that drawing is awesome. How cool that your mum is an artist. I'd love to be able to draw and play the piano. When I was younger playing the piano was always one of my goals. Somehow it's never happened. I'm not musical either LOL.

Good to see sis Vicki and Gracie popping in. Wow Gracie you and your hubby have had your work cut out for you. I hope that your pc arrives soon...miss your chat.

Hugs to all. I'm bouncing from one thing to the next and hubby wants to watch a show...bye for now
Old 11-20-2019, 06:05 AM   #1916
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Love reading the chat you all did all night long. Jayne, it is so great to have you back, like the sun coming out after cloudy weather.
Shelly, you are so talented. That drawing, with an eraser is amazing. I took piano in first- second grade , I think, it the recitals were just too much for me. I am amazed at what my DGD can do with piano and violin. I am glad you are giving it a whirl. 900 mile drive at TG with a 70 pound dog? What is an Airbnb? I looked it up, like a bed and breakfast?
Quite a trip. We are staying home, just us.

I forgot to say congratulations, Catherine. I did go look it up and saw I had already commented. It was impressive. I liked the belly band, too. I hope you get your headlights soon, guess at least your DH can drive to work.
Ann, hope you feel better today.
Kathy, I am afraid to watch the video. I do not need anything!m one thing about FF, VSN, and DTGD, I do have to hunt through my stash. I find stuff I forgot, like that slit punch I used on my FF gift card holder, or my FSJ dies and stamps. I put those in separate drawer than my SU! Sets, and forget to use them. And I recently put my 81/2x11” paper storage plastic bins all up on one of my cabinets, so I can get to them instead of lifting out of closet. It takes up 6’ of work space but sure makes it easier on my shoulder. I also put all reds together, greens, blues,(like Totally Tiffany says). I used to have SU! Colors alphabetically. This is a much easier system, as I found out during FF.

How does this get so long?
Have a great Wednesday! Still praying for Kandie, and sis.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:29 AM   #1917
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Congrats Catherine on your card for the Color Challenge! Yay!

Hoping to do last 2 cards today for Falliday Fest. It's a challenge uploading with my tablet. Can you tell I'm getting very impatient for my laptop?!!! Lol

Have a great day everyone!
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:34 AM   #1918
Stazon Splitcoast

Very cool drawing, Shelly. Charcoal... I would have had it everywhere, because I'm sure my hand would have been in it while trying to use an eraser.

Cool that you're taking piano lessons. I've heard it's difficult to learn fingering when you play by ear. I play piano, but not well. My mom played and taught us, but with 5 kids, she was busy, so lessons and practicing weren't strictly adhered to. My fingering is terrible. I took lessons while in college and improved, but I hardly ever touch my piano now, and I'm sure it is badly out of tune.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:42 AM   #1919
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Beautiful drawing Shelly! That's so cool that you're learning piano too. I'm not musically talented at all.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:58 AM   #1920
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I was able to shower and blow dry my hair at home and still, so far, have electricity. However, it could be turned off at any time. Oh, and I made coffee too so no need to give Starbucks money!

The new headlights have shipped, hopefully they'll be here tomorrow. Poor DH has to race sundown to get home! And, with days getting shorter, it is getting more challenging.

Jayne, I am blessed! We've had some difficulties lately but through it all, I am still blessed. There are piano courses for adult learners, I think some are even available online so it isn't too late to try the piano thing!

Thanks, Sharon! As for piano and recitals, I was a very strong willed child. I clearly remember one year my teacher had chosen the piece she wanted me to play for recital. I refused, I didn't like it at all! To get my cooperation, she changed the piece she assigned to me. What a brat I was!

Thanks, Gracie! Hmmm, is your computer coming via slow boat?! It probably feels like that, right?!

Melody, I probably would have had the charcoal everywhere too! LOL

As for napkins, I don't take them either. However, if we get something to go and they put napkins in the bag, they often get stashed in the console of the car for emergencies. Thinking about it, I don't think the restaurants here give extra napkins so there aren't any to take with you when done.

I'd better post this before they turn off my power! Have a great day, talk to you later!