Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-17-2019, 06:55 PM   #1841
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi all!

Granddaughters were fun today! The little one is so cute but I'm prejudice!

Son made us hot sandwiches so I didn't have to cook!! Grilled ham and cheese! I had tomatoes on mine too! Yum, tastes so much better when you do not have to make it yourself!

Gracie, your ornament turned out marvelous! Such great colors!

We just have over the air tv which is fine for me. Spouse misses Direct tv when there are football games not televised for our area. We got rid of Netflix too recently, just no need for it.

We have access to our sons library of movies so no need to pay extra for online stuff.

Spouse has said when he retires we are getting back Direct TV, I said he doesn't need more sitting behind the TV. We'll see how that goes come May when he retires!

Anyone doing VSN?

Melody and Sharon are you hostessing?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:41 PM   #1842
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm hostessing, Ann. I'll be on in December for the main event. I have my writeup done and a couple of samples made. Figured I better get it done, then I don't even have to think about it. I have no idea whether or not I'll make any other samples.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:43 PM   #1843
Proud Fan Club Member

I haven't posted a video in a while!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
smadson, cdimick and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:47 PM   #1844
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm hoping to do VSN. I have 2 more cards to make for Falliday Fest. I've really enjoyed slower pace, especially with not having my new laptop for uploading cards. This tablet just isn't my cup of tea! I can type so much faster on my laptop.

Have a great night. I'm going to bed...craft morning tomorrow for hospital volunteer group. Thanks for comments...hoping my computer comes this week so I can chat and comment more.
annsforte3 likes this post.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:54 PM   #1845
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Cute video Kathy. Thanks for all the comments on my gallery Catherine and Ann. I promise to get some comments on everyone's galleries soon.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:01 PM   #1846
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Cute video, Kathy!

Gracie, no worries you will catch up when you get your new machine! I like my desktop so much better then anything else!

Night all!
JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:05 PM   #1847
Stazon Splitcoast

Good grief. I just found another partial box of glass ornaments. Price sticker from Accents. I can't even remember how many years ago they went out of business. I do want to make some more of those antiqued ornaments, so I guess I have a good supply now. And I still haven't quite figured out what to do about the snowglobe. Trying some options...
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
smadson, annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:22 PM   #1848
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ann, you're allowed to be biased about how cute your grandkids are! And I completely agree that things taste better when you didn't have to make it!

That sea otter video is adorable, Kathy!

Sweet dreams, Gracie and Ann!

You are all set for the ornaments, Melody!

DD2 and I went through six boxes of DD1's that were in the garage. We condensed six boxes into two with one box ready to be donated and the rest trash. We are doing it together so DD2 doesn't dispose of everything - my little minimalist. DH is happy we are on the project as he is hoping to see fewer boxes in the garage.

Speaking of the garage, DH hung up some amazing LED 6 ft. lights in the garage. Thankfully, they have some really long pull strings though DH eventually intends to wire them into the system so they'll be switched. It is so nice to be able to SEE out there! Have I mentioned that I'm thankful for a handy hubby?
smadson, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:42 AM   #1849
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday everyone. Still slow paced in this home. I’m enjoying reading a book I started whilst on holiday. I’ve been trying to get to it for weeks.

Gracie you are on a roll with FF..I saw that some of my comments I’d put up on your cards on Saturday had disappeared so had to repost.

I may not get to everyone’s but will try and comment as I come across them. Have fun everyone and with VSN.

I did mail some cards today, all of which came out of my stocks. I also may not get to sending out cards to everyone but will do what I can. I am thinking of you all and leading up to the holiday season.

I love board games...I buy a new one every year for our family to play over the holiday period. I also love charades....which it seems only me and the poppets enjoy LOL......and playing cards. I learnt backgammon and a new card game on the cruise...was such fun. I used to play cards with my dad when I was younger and Cluedo was a big hit in our family. I should have been a detective LOL. We love a game called Billionaire (sort of like playing the stock market)....even the kids play it when we all get together. It’s a hoot and especially during the bids....even funnier if you’ve had a drink..LOL.

Sharon, I love to watch Xmas movies too....I try and watch Love Actually every year...I love it...and Scrooge, and 101 Dalmatians.....Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory....oh there’s so many. I think I’m reliving my childhood and sit with the poppets and watch all the kids movies with them.

Catherine, enjoy your lights and being able to see in your garage. I am waiting for my hubby to put out lights every Xmas....last year we took a step forward and strung a few around the front lol.

Ann, glad you had fun with your DGDs. I’m missing our poppets and won’t see them now until the weekend.

Cute video Kathy and I hope that you get to see a dr soon and come good so that it doesn’t stop your surgery date.

On Xmas trees ours is artificial...I have lights now that just trail over the branches. Before I’d be cursing trying to get them on and to work...patience isn’t my strong point. Ours is also like Catherine’s in that needles still fall off and each branch is getting thinner and thinner LOL. I call it our international tree as it now has all the baubles we buy when travelling. I try to keep it in red and gold but it’s become very multi cultural. The poppets love it as we explain where each bauble came from. It’s like a geography lesson tree LOL.

Hi to anyone that I’ve missed. Have a great day
Old 11-18-2019, 06:10 AM   #1850
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, it is so good to have you back. Are you feeling better?

Ann, I am not a VSN hostess this time, in fact I had forgotten about it. I have a card partially done that will be for both a FF and VSN challenge. Then I will still have several challenges and 2 tutorials to do.m don’t think I will get them all done this year.
DH has medical tests today, at the cardiologist’s.

Yes, Catherine, be thankful for handy DH. I am thankful for DH’s financial savvy and organizational skills, and the fact he spoils me tremendously. LOL. But, not very handy. Although he does have great ideas how to fix things. He always says , he knows where the gas tank is on a car, and that is the extent of his car knowledge. But he does keep air in the tires too. Other than that, he takes it to the shop, and is good about that.

Good morning! Have a great Monday!
annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:58 AM   #1851
Proud Fan Club Member

My DH is tremeously handy too! We've never had to hire anyone to do anything. He's always fixed it. He's done plumbing, wiring, swirled ceilings, flooring, car repairs, tree trimming and dropping, roofing, and more! When we met, at 15, he was already working in construction. He moved to roofing but that guy only paid when he got paid so we couldn't count on a steady paycheck. Then my uncle got him an application for a large university and he started out as a laborer. He's now their only locksmith. That knowledge came from a couple of mail courses (remember those?) and lots of hands on with their two retiring locksmiths. I'm very proud of my man, who didn't graduate high school, yet is a "key" man at work! He wants to retire (I almost wrote graduate!) In June at 63 1/2. I don't know how we will do it, but he certainly deserves it.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:44 AM   #1852
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha! Just realized you can’t upload a Card for both VSN & FF. I will just have to make more cards.
And meant to say, thank you Ann for the angels!
mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:44 AM   #1853
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Not a handy husband here either! He can do some things but they tend to wait 5 to 10 years to get done! I am not kidding! My kids and I have this saying referring to my DH, "it's done enough"!

Going to be interesting when he retires if he will do any of this stuff that has "been waiting"! TV is more important to him! Yes you can tell it does not make me happy!

I'm looking at VSN, if the challenges line up with others I'll add them in!

Kathy, you are lucking to have such a handy spouse!
muscrat and Ozpom like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:45 AM   #1854
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Ha! Just realized you can’t upload a Card for both VSN & FF. I will just have to make more cards.
Sharon, just add it to the FF gallery but add the keyword for VSN in the keyword section.

You can do it for both! I already asked Kim to make sure!
Old 11-18-2019, 09:26 AM   #1855
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning! Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed, this is one of them. Let's just say that I was trying to do too many things simultaneously before I was fully awake...which led to a HUGE clean up work. Hopefully I didn't damage anything, time will tell. Enough about that.

Jayne, I hope we get some kind of decorations up outside this year for Christmas. We didn't at all last Christmas.

We also like to play Clue in our family which is the same as your game, Cluedo. Even my DD1, who doesn't like to play board games, likes to play Clue.

Sharon and Shirl - when you say the last one has to clean the shower, how much of a clean are you referring to? Just curious. In our house, whoever showers last has to squeegee the shower doors which normally translates to both of us doing it during the week, but on the weekend, I try to get there before DH so I don't have to!

Kathy, you should be really proud of your DH. It is awesome what he has accomplished. And yes, handy hubbys are such a blessing. My dad was a handy guy like that too, though my DH is more of a perfectionist.

This may be a strange opinion, but I don't believe college is for everyone, trades are excellent careers as well. Originally, DD1 wasn't planning on attending college. Though I think she would do/will do just fine in college, I was fine with her attending a trade school. Other people talked her into college. We'll see what she finally ends up doing.

Ann, does your DH have a list of things that he has meant to get around to? Yes, it will be interesting to see what happens.

In our clean up work yesterday, DH also took a load to the dump...so nice to have that stuff gone!
annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:29 AM   #1856
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sometimes I just have to shake my head and smile, after telling you about my mishap this morning, I went to check my emails and find an email from Youversion with the subject title "Give thanks in all circumstances..." A timely reminder after my morning thus far!
muscrat, annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:55 AM   #1857
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning all....

Catherine, our new shower is large with glass right up to the ceiling and tile etc. It really is such a gigantic pain to me. We squeegie and also use a microfibre cloth. I like to ease into my day, and not have to work right off the bat after my shower. But we do want to stay on top of it, so that it will look its best in the coming years.

DH is not all that handy either. I am spoiled because my Dad could fix anything and did! Although having said that, my dh is currently monitoring a light in the laundry room that is acting up and trying to fix it himself. So, that is good!

We are not getting rid of Netflix.......the 3rd season of the Crown is now on. Not sure when we will start watching it. Last night, we watched The Monuments Men again. I love that movie, because we saw two of the pieces of the stolen art when we were in Belgium. The Altar Piece of Ghent, and David's Madonna and Child in Bruges.

VSN? That is on the heels of FF?.....I cannot only not keep up with the chatter, I cannot keep up with the challenges, lol.

Kathy, how is the cough, this morning?

Washing all the bedding this morning. A big job, as the washer cycles are much longer than they used to be.....and then there is the drying.

Shirl
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #1858
Proud Fan Club Member

I count my blessings daily for my DH.

Shirl, the cough is still there, but seems better today. I was going to go to the doctor to check it out, but prayed and pleaded for God to show me if I should go, and I just didn't feel the push to go! Does anyone know if the airborne seltzer tablets cause diarea? I have the generic brand, and about three hours after drinking some, I had to run! I had the same issue the other day, but didn't think about the drink. If you don't know what they are, its a megadose of vitamin c, and it has zinc, D, E, and other vitamins and minerals.

I made the cutest box for my demo friend. I'll get a picture and post it in this thread. She check as out my gallery at times but I don't think she chats or checks out any threads.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 10:52 AM   #1859
Proud Fan Club Member

Don't know about the tablets but I cannot take a lot of Vit. C at one time as it has the same affect on me....

Glad the cough seems better today.

Shirl
Old 11-18-2019, 11:11 AM   #1860
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok, I feel bad about saying DH isn’t handy. While I was doing wash today, I remembered he was able to install our washer and dryer that needed different fixtures than at our other house, by looking at how to do it on the internet. I thought that was pretty cool.

Ann, about the Vsn card, you have to pick the three tabs one of them the VSN gallery. So it couldn’t go in both, even thought it would have right keyword. I made another one for VSN and already uploaded it. Did you see your angel on the FF one?
BTW, thanks everyone for all the love in my gallery. I will try to catch up on comments. Ii have been doing them as I see them come up, but still behind.

Oh, Ans Shirl & Catherine, we squeegee the shower and wipe down with a cloth also.
annsforte3, shirlb19 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #1861
Proud Fan Club Member

That's what I was thinking, Shirl. Megadose of C. It was 1000 mg. And I just read on the container today that I could take one,three times a day! I thought it was only one one time a day!

I found this box by Intatwyne designs on YouTube. It's a hexagon roll up box. It takes 7 sheets of cardstock and a little bit of DSP. It also takes a lot of time! But I made three!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 11:35 AM   #1862
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, that's cute, Kathy. How big is it if it takes that much card stock?

I finally figured out what to do for my snow globe. I used a clear Solo drink cup.
smadson and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:40 AM   #1863
Proud Fan Club Member

The hexagon is 6" from point to point or 5 1/2 from side to flat side. Each or those triangle boxes opens and you can put treat in them. I think candy, washi tape, buttons, brads and lots of other stuff will fit inside. There is lots of waste, but not really waste because I will use them. Especially black.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 11:51 AM   #1864
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, does not matter that you can not add it to the drop down menu. As long as you have the keyword correct it will show up in the right gallery!
Old 11-18-2019, 12:21 PM   #1865
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, it sounds like Ann is saying add it to the falliday fest category, but keyword it for both.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #1866
Proud Fan Club Member

Awwwww.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #1867
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, thank you for clarifying what I was trying to say!!
muscrat likes this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:30 PM   #1868
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Anyone heard from Kandie? Hope she is feeling ok!
shirlb19 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:08 PM   #1869
Proud Fan Club Member

Too cute Kathy!

Ann,
I was wondering about Kandie, too.
annsforte3, shirlb19 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #1870
Proud Fan Club Member

Nothing yet Kandie. I mentioned the other day that its been a week or more since she's checked in. Her sister was bad last time, so I'm concerned about that.

Had a coughing fit. I know its because I got all worked up when son called because his car broke down. Then he got it running but no lights! So DH went to meet him and use his truck lights to help get him here. He made it and his wife came and they went off to get an alternator. He says its not hard to replace. While his wife was waiting on him she called me and said don't come out on the porch. There's a skunk! My porch attracts all kind of critters!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 03:30 PM   #1871
Stazon Splitcoast

If you check her profile, Kandie was last on November 9.
annsforte3 and shirlb19 like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:35 PM   #1872
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
If you check her profile, Kandie was last on November 9.
I keep forgetting to do that. So nine days.

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3 and shirlb19 like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:40 PM   #1873
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, now that is worrisome! Nine days! Yikes!
shirlb19 likes this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:40 PM   #1874
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's a post from her that she posted the 9th.

Splitcoaststampers - View Single Post - Alphabet Challenge Round 12 Sept. 11,2019 - March 18, 2020 CHAT

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 03:43 PM   #1875
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I think maybe I will drop a card in the mail tomorrow just so she knows I'm thinking of her!
lacyquilter, smadson and Ozpom like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:29 PM   #1876
Gabfest Goddess

Aloha Sistahs !!! Just a fast flyby as well as a fast flyby read of the chatter and already my eyes are screaming and I just woke on top of it...blahhh humbug these migraines!!! I miss all of you!! Sis Kathy just know I'll always have you in prayers as I do everyone.
Well I sure how big sis get on or word how she doing ....maybe sis Sally can check on her and get back to us ...Hope you all don't mind ..I'm not going there again lol I now have the migraines . Now my next hopefully projects I can work on are commenting a few at a time and starting with of course all of my alpha Sistahs as well as those that come buzzing via email then I'll get to the at large lol....
I pray and hope all is well ! I sure miss being a lil menace in you all bootay!!!
No more pulling my head across the finish line !! It caused me to lose my memory!! I forgot the gift card Hahahaha so guess what I'll doing ? Hahaha and Mahalos Fairy Much to all for the loving!!
I received a post card today and was so excited !! Think oh Sis jayne sent me a post card ! I looked at it and it clear it's of South Africa!!! Hahahaha I was thinking wow did she be sneaky and went on a African safari? Hahahahaha. Turned it over and it was from my cousin who's been home from her birthday trip to Africa for well over a month lol
Well I better stop pushing it and go back rest my eyes and hope I get the gift card done and then I can breathe again !!! Already used some ff to double to complete the vsn!!!
Mauhhhhuuggggzbaol!!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #1877
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, that sounds like quite the shower to clean! I can see why you want to get it there first. We don't wipe our down, just squeegee the glass doors.

Kathy, glad your cough was better today. That box is fabulous!

Sharon, that is pretty cool that your DH was able to install the appliances with an assist from the internet. The girls and I tend to think that DH knows everything (in their phones, the girls have his contact name as "Professional Know It All!" because he does tend to know so much about such a wide variety of things. That said, I do know he doesn't actually know everything and when we were re-doing our former home, he utilized Youtube several times for things he didn't know how to do. We are just amazed at how infrequently he needs to do that.

I think Kandie's absence is due to her sister...hopefully Kandie isn't also dealing with migraines on top of that.

Cute video, Kathy! Poor Wesley was the victim in the box purging last night as we found a babydoll bonnet that looked like the perfect size for Wesley. Of course that meant we had to put it on her and take her picture! She couldn't wait to have that off her head!

Vickster! I wish your migraines would go away. That is the pits.

The Dollar Tree came through for me. I found what I need for the ornament and the snow globe there at a price that I was willing to invest, LOL. Now to do the projects. How long does it take for drying?
Old 11-18-2019, 06:20 PM   #1878
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine, acrylic paint dries really fast, and gesso depends on how thick you put it on, but still not too bad. So, really, it all depends on how many layers of stuff you put on the ornament. That was my biggest issue, because I didn't like the color, so repainted... more than once.

For the snow globe, I used hot glue, so that's quick.
smadson, cdimick and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:26 PM   #1879
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, I just showed the kitty video to DD2. She loved it!
muscrat and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:26 PM   #1880
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks, Melody!