Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-03-2019, 09:28 PM   #1521
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

My oldest was 10 days past her due date. Not to be outdone, the youngest was 12 days past her due date. Thus both were born on the 18th of the month.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
smadson and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:07 AM   #1522
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Falliday Fest Time!!
muscrat, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:06 AM   #1523
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, way to go on the purse tutorial!! I love it!
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:43 AM   #1524
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Falliday Fest must be why it is so quiet on this thread this morning. I took DD2 to school and dropped DH off at my brother's. He is riding to work with my SIL and then will have her vehicle to use until Thursday because she and my brother are going out of town today.

Yesterday was very productive house wise. We loaded up a LOT of stuff to take to Goodwill and started getting a pile together for a dump run. You could almost pull a vehicle into the garage now! Which is, of course, what DH is hoping to do so he can work on the van.

I guess I'll have to go check out Falliday Fest and then get ready for work.
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:56 AM   #1525
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I've got you beat on late deliveries!! My first son was due February 26th!! I walked around for three weeks dilated to 4 and nothing!! He was then scheduled to be induced on the morning that I delivered him! March 16th!!
Old 11-04-2019, 09:10 AM   #1526
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm sorry about that, Ann! For me, the days past my due date were the LONGEST!!! I can't imagine going three weeks past. Wow! Both of my girls ended up being c-sections too.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:15 AM   #1527
Proud Fan Club Member

My babies were early to the party. I actually took my son to his own baby shower. They changed the cake to a birth certificate. He was 3 weeks early and my daughter was 2 weeks early. Both were considered early babies and not premature because they were both over 5 lbs.
S2S2019 Challenges $15.36 as of 01/31/19
smadson, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:27 AM   #1528
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, and two of the not fun exams checking to see how far I was!! Yuck!!

I was scheduled to be induced on the day he was born and not looking forward to it but at that point I did not care! I had toxemia and gained 10 lbs in one week!

My water broke in bed that night!! So my spouse had to clean it all up while I was in the hospital!! Sounded like a pop gun!!

My last one had to be induced, he was stubborn!! But then I got a kidney infection after delivery so I was only home for a few hours and back in the hospital! Not fun.

I was sick with all my kids! Second one during my third month I lost 13 lbs and in the hospital nine days, six days with only ice chips and that did not stay in me!!

First one too I got dehydrated and in the hospital. Third one got really sick and while awaiting results of my dads lung surgery, I got so sick my doctor walked by the waiting room and checked me into the hospital.

Needless to say my dad got out of the hospital before I did!!

People used to ask me how I could have more children when I was so sick with each pregnancy! When you want kids you do it!

All my kids were over 8 lbs close to 9 except the last one who was 7 lbs 12 oz.
smadson and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #1529
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, Ann. Those boys were trouble before they were born! I bet they are making up for it now. LOL! You have earned your crown, Queen Ann.
S2S2019 Challenges $15.36 as of 01/31/19
Old 11-04-2019, 10:12 AM   #1530
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yup, but they are my boys!! All five of them are so close to me and I would never ever have not had them!!
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:09 PM   #1531
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello friends,

I hope there some to hung out with And to chat with? I am having rough day today. I could use the prayers of my friends and some chat time. Today markers 6 months Since mom's passed away, I am losted And just started grifing and just wanted someone spend time with And to catch up on things with everyone.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:13 PM   #1532
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, Ann, what stories you have!

Our son was 10 days early and was 6lbs 7oz
Our second, our daughter, was born on the day I was to go in for a doctor appointment, and was 5lbs something. I can’t remember if she was early or late, but must have been early, if I was having an appointment. But we laugh, because I kept my appointment. 4:00 pm she was born, and that was my appointment! LOL.
Ann, I was never sick with morning sickness or anything. Just DD was sitting on a nerve that was painful last few weeks. Friends couldn’t believe I never had morning sickness, because one was sick the whole nine months with all three of hers!

Taking a break, back to FF.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:46 PM   #1533
Proud Fan Club Member

I only did the tutorial and the 6 tags challenges. I did post my blog, and now am cooking something for our Bible study potluck. Hopefully, I can do more tomorrow.
muscrat, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #1534
Gabfest Goddess

Aloha all just doing a quick drive by to mahalo Sis Melody and Ann for the wonderful Happy Mails I received today . Wow Sis Melody Mahalos Fairy Much!!! Gorgeousness that card is such a beautiful ray of sunshine and on the yellow I loveeeee of course!!
Sis Ann gosh your Xmas card are always gorgeous!! And your so ahead but we all knew you'd be since you got yours all made clear into 2025?? Giggles . Mahalos for the Happy Mail sure helps when dealing with migraines that seem to want to visit way to much!! I can't wait till Thursday.
Have fun all in ff it's here finally!! I'll do my best to play catch up as these heat and migraines allow. Just have fun all!!
Aloha and love to everyone!
Old 11-04-2019, 06:05 PM   #1535
Stazon Splitcoast

You're welcome, Victoria!

I've got the 3 FF challenges done. Now to figure out the tutorial.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 11-04-2019, 07:43 PM   #1536
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! Wow, that was quite a drive home...what should take 30 minutes took an hour...yuck! I need to go see if I can find out what the problem was.

I found a pair of dress shoes today, black leather sling pumps with kitten heels. I'm so happy to find them. Even better, when I checked out, they were under $40! I thought they were just under $70 before tax then they rang up under $40 with tax. Hurray!

Sally, I'm happy for you having your babies early...I wouldn't have been when I was pregnant though!

Ann, hats off to you for persisting in having babies even with such troubling pregnancies. I have a friend at church who has four babies and she was sick the entire time with each of them. She'd have to have an IV but she could have it at home since she is a nurse. I definitely had easy pregnancies, no morning sickness. The only one who threw up while I was pregnant was my DH. I slept well all through the pregnancy which I attribute to my waterbed. Oh, and my water broke with my second while I was using the toilet at the hospital, talk about a nice patient!

Linda, I'm sorry you are having a rough day. It is definitely hard to lose one's mom, especially when you are close to her. Sending you hugs!

Sharon, it sounds like we had similar pregnancies, how fortunate.

Vickster, hi! Love it when you do your drive by hellos!

Melody, I haven't even looked at Falliday stuff yet.
smadson, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:47 PM   #1537
Proud Fan Club Member

I did the tutorial today and I made six tags but haven't finished them yet. That's about it for today. Tomorrow I watch little man and Wednesday I see my doctor about my bladder issues. We may be discussing surgery this year yet. If I need it I hope we can get it in this year since I've already met my deductible

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:22 PM   #1538
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving Hello!

Hubby's team has 3 losses so far..... three games played. They were ahead in 2 of them, and the other teams rallied and took over! They have three players that could not come in the final weeks and all were pitchers..... He is still enjoying himself, but had jersey #13, and asked for a different one ...hehehe

Oh my, baby stories.....my twins were 3 1/2 weeks early, and they were 7-9 and 7-10! Yep and my youngest was 10# and was 21 1/2" long. Both pregnancies I was in bed- first one, I went into labor at 24 weeks, the 2nd one, I had placenta previa- and I was overdue when she was born... I had complications and my blood count went down to 5.... we always chuckle and say it is the curse of the nurse when crazy bad things happen like this. All of the kids were Ok and I lived through it! LOL

I have nothing for any of the Falliday cards so far, I only have a few stamps and distress inks here. But, I was able to do the challenges today.
When were were gone to California and Colorado, I had no stamping supplies with me, and I packed some kits as I NEED to be creative!

We are talking about downsizing, and we are in a house 3 bedrooms and 2 baths and my stamping supplies are all over the table- I told hubby this is a taste of your future...LOL

The Tea Pot Tuesday is for one of my brothers today : ) He works so hard and is always behind! He is so appreciative and so I asked for a party for him!

Have a great day!!!

Shelly
Old 11-05-2019, 03:46 AM   #1539
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello everyone,

all playing Falliday Fest? I just looked for the tutorials.

Baby stories, my first son was 9 1/2 pounds and 22" long. They had no clothes for him, so my DH had to get some from our home, which fit. Also in the hospital, I didn`t see him a lot, because he looked like a Baby doll, the big ones. They told me, he is so handsome, so the nurses carried him all around the hospital or he slept in the babyroom. I only saw him at feeding-time and to change the pampers.
My 2. son was 7 1/2 pounds and 20,4" long. He was a bit early and I had 3 month morning sickness.

The sun is shining over here, if I didn't know its November, it feels like spring.

Have a great day you all.
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:04 AM   #1540
Proud Fan Club Member

Dagmar, that was a big baby! My babies were small, and our 5lb. Girl is still barely over 100 lbs at almost 48. I don’t know if it has anything to do with it or not, but she hasn’t ever liked sweets or chocolate! Seems odd coming from DH. And I! We love sweets and chocolate!

What baby stories you have Shelly!

We get a day off from FF; Dini said in the chat thread the challenges will be only M-W-F.
So maybe at retreat, I won’t miss many, except I will be there F & M. This is longest scrap retreat I have ever been to Thursday noon to Monday noon.

Hawaiian, Insure hope you get to feeling better so you can play FF. . I have two challenges from yesterday to do, but really feeling lazy today.
Where is Kandie? I bet she is posting same time.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:22 AM   #1541
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. I finished the tutorial purse late last night, then I did the CAS. Uploaded them in the middle of the night. Didn't go to bed until 3. What am I doing up already?
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:28 AM   #1542
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my goodness Melody! You sound like me some nights...creating until dawn! Hope you get a nap in today!
Old 11-05-2019, 07:34 AM   #1543
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I love all the baby stories! So interesting all the different experiences. My first son came a week early and was 6 lbs. 10 oz. I was only at the hospital 2 hours when he was born and I was having constant contractions...the nurses didn't believe me, but were amazed when I dilated from 1 to 10 in 2 hours! I also had morning sickness for 7 months. Yuck. My second son was a big boy at 8 lbs. 6 oz. and my water broke when we reached hospital and he was born 20 minutes later before Dr. got there! Lots of stitches!!!

By the time I had my third child, a daughter, I was worried that I'd have her at home with the boys delivering so quickly! I didn't need to worry, she decided to lodge against my tailbone for 10 hours! LOL She was 7 lbs. 12 oz. Great memories and such a blessing to have healthy children!
Old 11-05-2019, 07:37 AM   #1544
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, I've been looking at all the Falliday Fest challenges and cards...now, I need to get my rear in gear and do some!

Have a great day all! Kandie where are you?
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:26 AM   #1545
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

I'm running behind this morning too! Showered and out of bed but that's it!! Nothing else started!

The baby stories are so great to hear and that our children were all healthy.

Bad thing for my kids is all the kids born after the second one, the one I was in the hospital and sick during my third month) all have allergies!

The doctors never found out why I was so sick but the children after that have allergies and I developed them too. Two have the dairy allergy, two have asthma, and all have environmental allergies! Fourth son has a corn and wheat allergy, the wheat is not as bad now as it was for him as a child.

I often wonder if it was due to blood transfusions after the birth of my second son. He was a blood baby. Funny they never tested my blood that evening to see if I was low.

The nurses came in the next morning and tried to get me out of bed, I could not walk, two held me up!! My regular doctor did not deliver this one.

Well he came in to see me that day and ordered blood work and found I was a quart low!! My goodness did the nursing staff change how they treated me! They yelled at me to get up the first time around, keep your head up, don't look down!

After that it was blood transfusions and bed rest and no getting up and no visitors! I was a wreck!

Don't you wonder how we survived all the stuff we go through as women!

Kathy, I have bladder issues too. Plus a new water pill this time around so I am always running to the bathroom!

Hi Dagmar, Gracie, Melody, and Sharon!

Off to look at Falliday Fest uploads! Isn't it nice that there is a day in between challenges!!
smadson, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:41 AM   #1546
Proud Fan Club Member

We may have more Yetis with this schedule! I need to go finish my tags and then see if I can get to the other two. I did the tutorial first, of course!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:22 AM   #1547
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

We shall see once all the tutorials are up, Kathy!! Not everyone is in to them as you are! But I hope so!!
mcschmidty, muscrat, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #1548
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Tomorrow's challenges are posted already!!
lacyquilter, muscrat, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #1549
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Winter Weather advisory for us tomorrow! 2 to 3 inches of snow for the morning!
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:44 PM   #1550
Proud Fan Club Member

Well the last falliday they didn't count any of the tutorials. I was disappointed since I had done them all. And I think the first year you only had to do 3.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #1551
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Snow tomorrow Ann?! Bummer...I fly into Minneapolis at 2 pm. Hope the weather isn't bad.

I got one card done for the Falliday Fest. Now, I'm onto another project...wanted to put up lights on deck before I leave...but I'm going to try to get some more challenges done! Wow, new challenges up too, Ann! I may be up all night! LOL
Old 11-05-2019, 03:12 PM   #1552
Proud Fan Club Member

Demo friend is disappointed with SU today. They have discontinued their delicata ink refills already and they said the new purple posey reformulation was good, but now they've discontinued it too! I feel bad for her because she buys stuff so we can see it and maybe get it and then they do something like this!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 03:14 PM   #1553
Proud Fan Club Member

I finished the current falliday challenges! Trying to figure out tomorrows. Ann has some cute samples, as usual!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 03:44 PM   #1554
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Popping in for just a moment. I’ve not felt too good, just taking it easy. Today I had that bone density test. I had no idea it was so simple and quick!

I saw this and thought of Sharon!
Attached Thumbnails
f84aaf2f-ee9a-45ed-aebe-58b587e5f79c.jpeg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited by Kemernow; 11-05-2019 at 03:52 PM..
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:47 PM   #1555
Proud Fan Club Member

Then there is this one, a little late...

I would be a Beautiful Bunny! DH would be a Sleazy Garbage Bag, LOL!!!
Attached Thumbnails
5ccb53db-3c62-4fc7-ba03-2aa18c3287ad.jpg  

smadson, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:49 PM   #1556
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is the final mug, the zebra, of which there is no matching plate yet.
Attached Thumbnails
68ff6a9b-1e3f-4bc4-9bd9-887079a9054c.jpg  

smadson, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:51 PM   #1557
Proud Fan Club Member

And finally, for all of us who are having cold weather, here is a nice place to relax and read a book, watch tv, listen to music, or just snuggle! Have a good evening, ladies.
Attached Thumbnails
fb29cdeb-66b4-4349-84b2-af8995e2deb3.jpg  

mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:41 PM   #1558
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

REMINDER!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow's letter is "E"!

Keywords: ABC12E9, ABC12, and your personal keyword!

Have fun!!
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:43 PM   #1559
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I finished the current falliday challenges! Trying to figure out tomorrows. Ann has some cute samples, as usual!

Many thanks, Kathy!!
Old 11-05-2019, 05:30 PM   #1560
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, good to hear from you. I am sorry you are not feeling well. You were missed! Kandie, I want the Zebra cup with me in that lovely place in your photo. That is the perfect place to relax! Oh, but I am an angry pumpkin! Yeah, on the writing. Have my best ideas in bed in the middle of the night! LOL

Kathy I am up to date on FF except for tomorrow’s that they posted early. Only two?