Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-26-2019, 07:17 AM   #1281
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

I hate these ads that run on the sides and top of our threads. I just saw an ad for a purse that caught my attention, lol.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
annsforte3, Hawaiian and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:22 AM   #1282
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, it was intentional, lol. It was a wooden bird that fell off a shelf and landed on my iPad and it’s beak that punctured the screen and shattered it.

annsforte3, Hawaiian and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:19 AM   #1283
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, sure hope the winds don't fuel any fires! Glad you got generators! It's been windy here too. Take care!

Kathy hope your feeling better today!

Kandie, the 2 murals are the first two murals I've ever painted on, except back in high school when we used to paper the walls and paint huge signs for football games. Definitely, a lot different than coloring on a little card! LOL So glad your new iPad is "beak" proof! LOL Your DH will get over it when you paint the chairs. Tell him: "Happy wife, happy life!"

Jayne, that sounds like a fabulous trip. We met some very nice people from New Zealand last year in Maui. We also did an eleven line zipline over the rain forest! You're going to love it! We want to visit Australia and NZ but it is such a long plane ride...maybe go to Maui first and spend some time and then fly over!

Hi Shirl, Melody, Ann, Sharon, Dagmar, Sis Vicki, Shelly and anyone I've missed!
annsforte3, shirlb19, Hawaiian and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:11 AM   #1284
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm glad we have new cell phones because my Internet isn't working at the moment. DS was updating a video game all night long and I'm wondering if it didn't kick off my internet. I don't want to reboot it until he gets home and checks to see if his game updated.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:48 PM   #1285
Gabfest Goddess

Aloha All My Amazingly Loving and Talented Sistah!!
My prayers are always with and for all of you always and My Ohana and loved ones Always!
Sorry I have such a hard time keeping up with Chat ....these real life issues gets me so warn out tired and add that to the horrific migraines I've been having not so great a combo and seems I took for granted my eye surgery would make things much better but it only seems like what has now happened is I BEleive these migraines are triggers from my eyes . To much uses , strain and light seems to trigger the migraines. Only time I don't experience them is when I'm asleep or eyes closed. I have appt with the surgeon on the 7th of November , so I hope to find out more and why. I'm pretty sure he won't admit it's the cause or reason, after all who wants to say they cause it or failed . Even tho intentions was well meant. Who wants to see clear to only be in pain daily and have to close your eyes anyways? Truth be told I was better the way I was . I did more and got more done. I was hoping this is just temporary. So please give me your prayers my lrayer warriors and loving Sistahs and Ohana here. .. that He will have a solution. Maybe it's just the glasses that are causing the migraines if I wear them to long. But with out them I can't read or even see clear near only thing that clear are things far away but still reading isn't possible without these glasses. Let me see if I can remember much of my breezing through chatter.

Magnificent Masterpieces Sis Gracie and pure precious Gorgeousness!!

Sis Catherine sure hope the Ohana and furbabies are doing great especially on the days the lights goes out in California!

Sis Ann Yummy!! This is when I wish Sis Kathhs Time machine was working to. BE sitting at your table with you be it crafts or baking !! Hope the run away trains stops lol

Big Sis your project seem to be doing awesome Keep up the good work

Aloha Sis Dagmar and Shelly!! Enjoy your crafting gardening and precious lil ones!!

Aloha Sis Shirl !!!! Hi hi!!! And HI for Hawaii!! Lol ok enough with my goofiness!

Aloha Sis Melody wherever you are!! Probably getting ready for FF or helping with VSN I have not been keeping up lately because only time I been feeling comfortable is while I'm asleep lol
Isn't it ironic? Before I could t sleep with my cronic apnea and insomnia and now the only thing I find myself comfortable in doing when not dealing with drama that is made for books and tv is sleeping!!

Sis Jayne sweet Sis Jayne I will keep you and bradah Wayne in prayers as you travel the world again. Already miss you!! FF won't be as much fun as if you were here dragging me across the finish line by my hair!! No worries tho I'm sure Sis Ann will Kick my behind all the way there!! And with my loving Alpha Sistahs With and for me I know I'll be successful because of all the love and kindness I have found from years of experience with them , that they are the forces of love that makes me a better and successful person !!
Mahalos Fairy Much Too all my Alpha Sistahs and many Scs Sistahs too!! But you alphas know your the heart of all my success here!!
Did I hear you mention Sydney Sis? Isn't that where Amazing talented Sis Susie is located? Maybe you can take a journey and venture in her craft space? Gosh I'd love to be a fly on that wall!!! ROFLMBO

Sis Kathy love your shares especially the cute lil clef born puppy !! It made me heart wish we got the one that was born to the vet in time who passed as des got there and that was the reason she passed she was born with the same condition :0( and from the way all her brothers and sister are a bunch of grumbles and very outspoken as well as preciously talented which I'm assuming comes from their mom Skye-Jax lol I could clearly see her giving your video guy some competition lol....o wish I could get my 2 brats video posted of them Sing Happy Birthday to me lol least that way everyone here can say they actually know and are Ohana to the video characters lol
So busy busy was your day and hope you didn't spend to much since it was a lot of shops till you drop lol

To everyone I miss please forgive me and know I love you too ...but at this moment I think my eyes are requiring some shut eye
annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #1286
Gabfest Goddess

Opps oppsy my bad I sent before I finished

Sis Tootie....love you fairy fairy much!! And sure looks to me you are enjoying all your groups , travels and adventures and such a busy busy loving Gma!! Between watching you Ann and all the so talented and overly active Alphas I'm pooped out!! Hahahaha
Also just in case I don't make it on in time I'm going to wishes you a fairy fairy Hauoli Lahanau Now in advance since you know the cards are always super fashionable late and keeps your special day extended!!
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 02:14 PM   #1287
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! Greetings from extremely calm and wind free Northern California. At least, it is wind free here where I live. I'm sure there is wind in CA somewhere, just not here. We have less than an hour before they are threatening to turn off the power. I'm sure they'll turn it off...we'll see. DH was talking about how to use the generators and I think my eyes glazed over. He is speaking a language I do not speak! However, if this keeps up, I'll probably become fluent though I'd prefer not.

Jayne, zip lining sounds fun. I've never done it and don't know if I would chicken out or not as I'm not overly fond of heights. Sounds like a lovely trip though.

Kandie, glad you found some chair you like. I don't think your original tablecloth would be too bright, but then I like bright colors.

Goodness, that Dusty is a cute little stinker, isn't she?! Honey can be that way sometimes too. Honey seems to be doing well on her prescription diet, thankfully.

Vickster, I'm sorry you are having such problem with migraines and then a lot of drama on top of that. Hugs!

I just wanted to pop on here and say hi before I don't have the capability to do it. I hope everyone is enjoying a lovely weekend.
annsforte3, Hawaiian, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 02:34 PM   #1288
Proud Fan Club Member

Hugs to you. Victoria. I am so sorry this is happening. Praying for you to get some relief.

Shirl
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:40 PM   #1289
Proud Fan Club Member

Little Sis, I’m glad you are getting in to the surgeon for your eyes. You sure shouldn’t be having so many headaches. . .

Kathy, I know those games take a lot to update. I hope everything is okay with your WiFi.

Catherine, yay for a calm and pleasant day in Sacramento!

DH went to the store and when he got back I had all the loose chairs upstairs and down in the living room. All but the two I bought yesterday are the same height so to DH they all look the same. There were three of one style and one of another downstairs, one of the ones from the set downstairs was up here and two from some table that DH had years ago, and one I had spray painted white for the back porch because DH thought it was a single chair, but I found a match in the downstairs bedroom! He said what ARE you doing??? I said I have four of deez and tree of dose and two of dem, lol.

So now there are two of each old ones and the two tall ones up here, and ALL the rest are now downstairs. And I’ll paint the chairs and the table legs white. I think. Maybe.
Attached Thumbnails
18b80b17-8374-422a-b61e-f0341eec692f.jpg  

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:53 PM   #1290
Stazon Splitcoast

I have question for you all. Has anyone worked mason jars. And Chalkboard before? Do need to seal with anying? If so, what do need to seal it with? So paint don't chip? Some people are just using acrylic paint. what the difference in the paints? I am going wood untisals in them. For Mother's Day. I wanted then to nice and last a long time, Remember dad is help me with this and he and I are not very good craft's And since wood uuntisals What sizes mason jars would you used if you were do the project yourself? Thanks Linda
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:32 PM   #1291
Proud Fan Club Member

Linda, hi! I would use quart jars. Are you painting the whole jar or just painting a picture on it? Acrylic paint would scratch off so I'm pretty sure you'd need a fixative of some kind. Maybe a spray clear varnish? You could also just buy a frosted spray and spray the jar. It would leave a frosted look.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

annsforte3, Hawaiian and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:35 PM   #1292
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, Ithink my internet just didn't like being on for so long. When he got home at nine. He shut it down and I rebooted the modem and everything is OK again. Yay! Praise the Lord. I was so anxious over it all day. By God is good, if I just let him take care of it.

I love your dining room table and chairs!!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 06:36 PM   #1293
Stazon Splitcoast

Can someone if they can help me Youtube video? Like this in image. I wanted flat box where gam package can pull out. I find links to gum holders. But, not flat ones. I need to show my dad what size boxes to make and how. That's why I need a Youtube video like image blow. It must Youtube video so we can see how done. And fallow a long Thanks Linda
MFGD03 I Chews Ewe by crafterthoughts - at Splitcoaststampers
Old 10-26-2019, 06:40 PM   #1294
Proud Fan Club Member

Linda, I made a few of these gum boxes.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 06:43 PM   #1295
Proud Fan Club Member

Maybe you could check out this gallery. If you find something you like, you can check in their description to see if they have a link to a tutorial. I always add a link if I make something from a tutorial.

Gum Holder, - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 06:52 PM   #1296
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Kathy,

I am painting the whole Jar. I know that. I watch a lot youtube videos. and people you chalkboard paint and seal so it clip the paint off. And use alcohol to clean the jar before doing anything. I was think spring or peastles colors.
But what paints are talking about? And would you sealed before paint or after paints then? Someone 3" mason jar or 2 and1/2 mason jar. What size is a quart jars? because Wood untisels have long handles And I am scared they won't fits And paint chip or peel off!

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Linda, hi! I would use quart jars. Are you painting the whole jar or just painting a picture on it? Acrylic paint would scratch off so I'm pretty sure you'd need a fixative of some kind. Maybe a spray clear varnish? You could also just buy a frosted spray and spray the jar. It would leave a frosted look.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:00 PM   #1297
Stazon Splitcoast

I think flip open I wanted mind side out! I think I looked at gallery to alread. I can't believe I can't find flate gum holder boxes to side out the gum. in a youtube video to show my dad how to make the holder and the sizes and measurements.

QUOTE=muscrat;21879762]Linda, I made a few of these gum boxes.

[/QUOTE]
Old 10-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #1298
Proud Fan Club Member

Linda! So good to hear from you, and that you are crafting! Kathy is the box maker though, I am no help with that. I pray for you everyday, so am excited to hear from you! And that you are crafting! Hugs to you Linda!
Old 10-26-2019, 07:20 PM   #1299
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello Sharon,

It trying ideals Mother's Day and Honor of my mom!
smadson, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:11 PM   #1300
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone....Sis Vicki hope the specialist can find out why you are having so many headaches...not good. Take care.
Kandie love your chairs and table..don’t paint them white.
Hi Linda..good to hear that you are crafting again.
Thanks for the good wishes on our trip ladies. Sis Vicki, Susie lives near Melbourne...it’s Helen who lives near Sydney and also Sue, but we won’t have time to see anyone as we aren’t staying in Sydney this time...just flying in and out. Maybe next time we are there I can arrange a catchup.
Hello everyone else...hope your weekend is going good. It’s 34 degrees here today..it’s warm..eek.

Have fun
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:31 PM   #1301
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie, I love the idea of having all different chairs. Also love your place settings. I see you're all ready for guests. What time should we come?
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, muscrat, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:55 AM   #1302
Gabfest Goddess

Wooooohooooo Sis Linda!!! So happy to see you!! You were heavy on my heart and had worried how you were and where you been!!! So glad Dad and you are now crafting together!! What magnificent news!!! Your always in my prayers and thoughts Sis!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:33 AM   #1303
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, show up anytime and we’ll have an all-girls tea party! No one ever comes over. I have the table set just because I wanted to see how it looks! I pick a place setting each day and that’s the one I use for my meals, lol. Goofy, I know. DH won’t play along with me; he said he’s too clumsy and would probably break something. I’m still a little girl at heart. Small treats make me happy.

Linda, I am SO glad to see you posting and crafting!!!

Not much going on here today.

Jayne, if I don’t paint the chairs white, especially since one is already painted, would there be a different color I might paint them? Something that would unite them? I had picked white because I have other white-painted furniture in the living room. But I also have two green tables.

Good morning, everyone!

annsforte3, shirlb19 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:11 AM   #1304
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Yesterday ended up not being my day!! Baking was good but I had hives from something I had eaten and they were on the right side of my face and on my head!

Made 4 batches of chocolate chip and one of peanut butter for cookies and then topped the cheesecake with cream cheese frosting.

Ok hives went away with allergy meds so after baking and taking care of the cheesecake I went up to shower, came out of the shower and my left eye was hurting.

Looked in the mirror and my entire left side of my right eye is full of blood. Spouse made me call the doctor to see if I needed to worry about anything.

Not unless my blood pressure was up or headaches but this will take a week to two weeks to clear up, so being on the computer is hard to see.

So I didn't go out to the party, sent spouse with all the goodies! Then when he comes home he tells me they did not even cut into the cheesecake last night! Gee!!! Oh well!

Last thing I was shutting down my computer and my index finger nail snapped and broke up way down, you know to the ouch level!! I give up! But that was three things so I should be good!

Sorry will catch up on chatter later, just skimmed posts, eye is hurting and I've typed too much!
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:48 AM   #1305
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I sure hope today is a much better day for you! We just moved an old dryer down into moms cellar. Hers quit turning...probably the belt, but until we have time to see what's wrong were using an old dryer that belonged to my sisters FIL. She brought his washer and dryer out when they cleaned after he passed away. We just had moms washer repaired before this but that was under warranty so no cost.

After Sunday school we went to Perkins. I had breakfast and DH had lunch! Lucky we went there before Walmart because there was nowhere to park when we left!. Also stopped at the flea market. There's a booth there with cellphone cases so I got one for mine. I got black because the only other color he had was pink and I am not a pink kind of gal!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 01:37 PM   #1306
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Ann, what a day you had! I have had that eye condition several times over the years, and each time I never know what caused it, and it’s not till it hurts that I look in the mirror. Take care of yourself, girl. And what in the world are you eating that is setting off the hives? I hope it’s not any of those delicious baking ingredients!

I don’t have hives but I have stress psoriasis splotches today, and it’s because I was so incensed with the lousy playing of our college football team last night and it stressed me out, lol. I’m going to quit watching them (I say this every week).

I’ve searched all over the house for color samples and laid them on the tablecloth, stood back to get a better idea, and settled on the shade of a soft sage, the color of the napkins and one of the greens in the tablecloth and the centerpiece. It’s kind of a eucalyptus color... anyway, off to the Menards (like Lowes) store spray paint department.

Where a clerk gentleman aggravated me. Every time I took a can out of its slot, he’d reach in front of me and move more forward. Just to be a pain, I bought 8 cans, took each can out one at a time and put in my cart, and he finally gave up and walked away, .

Four chairs painted so far in the garage. Two have dried. Tomorrow I’ll do the other two and the legs of the table, and freshen up the old stain on the tabletop and make it pretty again. Luckily the paint was on sale for less than 3$ a can.
Attached Thumbnails
7e28b685-e048-4923-9334-0ad794fa4ca2.jpg  

Old 10-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #1307
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, gorgeous color and looks fantastic with the accessories!
mcschmidty and Ozpom like this post.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:35 PM   #1308
Stazon Splitcoast

Ouchie, Ann! Feel better soon.

Kandie, love the color. I would probably have pulled out a can, put it in my cart, waited till he moved one, then put mine back. Just because I can.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:27 PM   #1309
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, I love the color you painted the chair! I love SU! safe Shadow. That is what it reminded me of, although it looks darker. So pretty!

Ann, oh, my goodness, dear, so sorry for your hives and eye! And fingernail! What a day!
I hope all heals quickly! Rest if you can. I sure wish I could have a piece of that cheese cake they didn’t even cut into!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:33 PM   #1310
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, that soft sage color is perfect! Love the place settings! You really have a great eye for decorating! Beautiful! Ha ha...love the clerk and spray can story and also love what Melody said. It would have been funny to pull out lots of different colors of spray and then, say, "Oh no, I think I'll just go with sage. Would you please put all these back for me?" ROFLOL

Ann, that sure sounded like you had a day from "H E double hockey" sticks yesterday!

Hi Kathy, Shirl, Sharon, Melody, Catherine, Sis Vicki, Linda, Shelly and Jayne!

Lots of chatting to read today! I was exhausted today and my side was really hurting so I took extra strength tylenol and napped. We finished the mural! Yay! I can craft again!

Old 10-27-2019, 04:36 PM   #1311
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gorgeous work, Gracie!! You should be proud of yourself and your team!!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:48 PM   #1312
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Ann! I still can't believe we did it! Hope today was much better for you!
Old 10-27-2019, 05:05 PM   #1313
Proud Fan Club Member

WOW Gracie so BEAUTIFUL. You and your team make a wonderful TEAM!

Melody and Gracie, I laughed out loud at your paint can comments and DH wanted to know what was so funny! He loved them too!

Old 10-27-2019, 05:18 PM   #1314
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm amazed at artwork like that! I wouldn't even know where to begin to paint a mural! It turned out fabulous! Our friends son painted a mural at our high school. I'll see if I can find a link to it. The son even painted himself into the picture and when we first saw it, DH says hey, there's johnny working on it! I laughed hysterically!

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:22 PM   #1315
Proud Fan Club Member

I hope this link works. Johnny is at the bottom to the far right. He painted himself holding a paintbrush and rag!

warrior run high school - Google Search

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:27 PM   #1316
Proud Fan Club Member

This is Jonny working on it.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 05:47 PM   #1317
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the compliments. Kathy, so cool that your son paints! Great mural.
Sure feeling my age today now that we're done. Pretty tired.
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #1318
Proud Fan Club Member

Not my son, Gracie. Its a son of a friend. A local town has murals all over town. One day DH and I plan to walk the town and look at them all.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 07:41 PM   #1319
Proud Fan Club Member

This title is back ward!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 07:48 PM   #1320
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I hope that you are feeling better today..wow what a day you had.
Gracie, you and your friends created a masterpiece. Love it. Your pin looks so realistic.
Kandie, I love the green..perfect with your table setting. You should go into interior design.

I thought I’d get in early so I don’t miss it......

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Sharonnnnnnnnn, happy birthday to you. Hip hip horray enjoy your special day. Hugs Sharon..it is the 28th here lol.

Happy day everyone...sleep well.
smadson, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.