Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-22-2019, 08:11 PM   #1201
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay, Kathy, I'm glad you are liking your new phone.

Gracie, your sawmill mural looks amazing - especially that push pin! What fabulous art.

Yes, between the government and power company, we are the helpless pawns while they have a battle of wills. Of course, they won't admit that is what is happening and probably never will. I just don't believe or trust either of them.

DD2 is so excited because some sunglasses that she purchased at Nordstrom Rack will work for her prescription sunglasses. She has been wanting prescription sunglasses and she bought these for $18 and they are what she wants.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:24 PM   #1202
Proud Fan Club Member

The fun part is that I now have tons of emojis! All we had on our old phones were smilies! I love Motorola, and was happy our phones lasted eight years! And the best part is, the phone holds a charge all day long! I was charging every night but if I used it at all during the day, it would die before 6 p.m, I can't believe how God helped me adjust so well to this change.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
cdimick, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:29 PM   #1203
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm going to have to do some shopping. The new phone is big and smooth. I'm afraid I'll drop it so I'm going to need to find a case. I wish I didn't need a case because its pretty. Deep blue!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

cdimick, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:00 PM   #1204
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Back in between driving back and forth. Today is not good with one car when I have lots of appointments and need the car. I have an hour before I head out again and then later will have to collect hubby. I’ve already told him we need him to get a new car lol. The trial has lasted 2 weeks and has been ok but days like today make it hard and I feel rattled. I will remind myself it’s just one day and he could have taken an Uber but then I would feel guilty.

Kathy, deep blue..one of my favourite colours. Enjoy your new toy.
Gracie, that mural and pin..wow..awesome. Love walls painted like this. We have silos around Oz painted and one day when we finally head off to explore our own country I will take photos and scrap them...that’s the plan, but I still have a heap of trips and the poppets to scrap first.

Ann, hubby is right into genealogy. I am too and used to do lots of research in my youth, then craft and other things took priority. We now plan our overseas trips around him visiting cemeteries and houses that are still standing. I enjoy it too and it proves we are all related somewhere down the track. Next year we will visit islands in Scotland that used to belong to Norway where his GGGPs lived on his paternal side. It’s fascinating. My tree has been done by my aunt but we will revisit mine once hubby is satisfied he’s done as much as he can on his. He’s making friends around the world...he says they are his pen pals as I have mine on here lol.

Catherine, your DD2 will love her prescription sunnies...there’s so many choices now for those of us who need to have glasses for one reason or another.

Sleep well everyone.
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:12 AM   #1205
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone. 42 and sunshine today, truly a fall day. A good day for me to get the outdoor furniture put on the back porch. I started yesterday stacking and consolidating what is presently on the back porch. Now to cram everything else in, lol. And all the acorns hidden under chairs, wow, the chipmunks will be so disappointed! Their secret stash has been discovered!

Catherine, congrats on the new curtain rods! A little bit at a time is so right. I’ve been slowly updating for two years, and right now, with the painting all but done, it is finally coming together. Oh, but I have so many more plans! DH says he doesn’t want to hear a peep about anything else till next spring! Oh yes, the ceiling is already white, although a dingy white after years since the last painting, so a fresh coat of paint will brighten the room even more. We’ll never get total brightness because the front porch blocks the sun.

Kathy, how fun playing on your new phones! Then you can look up articles online to learn even more cool stuff!

Shirl, bra stays on here until bed, too, lol. And you would sure be welcome to visit!!!

Gracie, all I can say is HOLY SMOKES ON THAT MURAL! I sure wish I had a long white fence like that with the old photo reproduced on it, because I adore old photos like that building!

Jayne, I had my dna done, twice to verify, through two different dna services. Then I did the ancestry online. I was able to trace my mother WAY back, but my dad I ran into problems. Even Ann tried to help me. I could only go back three generations or so, and then his line ended in Norway. But isn’t it fascinating?!!

PS. DH’s ancestry is a riot. We found three clear generations, and the fourth was a church minister of some kind, and he got kicked out of Ireland for impregnating a lady, and DH’s grandfather called HIS father wild Willie since his name was William. DH also said he doesn’t have branches in his family tree, he just has a stick or two, lol.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited by Kemernow; 10-23-2019 at 06:19 AM..
annsforte3, shirlb19 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:53 AM   #1206
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, thanks for the comments on the mural! Yes, if you had a big white fence, I could come paint an old photo on it for you! Your DH is such a witty guy..."a few sticks." I love the "wild Willie" reference...so DH must come by his sense of humor from grampa! LOL

Have a great day all! Off to paint!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:15 AM   #1207
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie, oh gosh yes, DH and his descendants, and indeed his three sons, all had and have a dry sense of humor, that’s for sure!

Paint away! Love your work!

annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:14 AM   #1208
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We still have electricity for the time being, we'll see what happens. The weather has definitely warmed up which means I got the flannel sheets out a bit too early. Oh well.... The girls each have electric blankets now but, of course, they won't be useful without the power.

Wesley is SO HAPPY that her mom (DD2) is home. DD2 told me she curls up with her at night and purrs loudly in her ear all night long. I know she is happy because she doesn't meow for me to let her out in the morning. She is content.

Glad you are having fun with your phone, Kathy. Deep blue sounds beautiful!

Jayne, I have a number of family members who have been into genealogy. I have dabbled in it, but only dabbled. My brother followed my dad's family tree back to Lullingstone Castle in England. That's fun.

Kandie, your poor DH needs a break from updating. But goodness, your updating is gorgeous! I've been kind of stuck in limbo not making any progress. I go through phases where I'm extremely productive, love those. Then, the next thing I know, I'm not being productive at all. So annoying!

Gracie, are you done with the mural now? It looks amazing.

I'd better get on the stick and head off to work. Hope to be able to chat with you later!
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:26 AM   #1209
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon!

Day is getting away from me!!

Made scrambled eggs for Athena and so she decided to eat her breakfast today!! Need to call her Queen Athena, she is so picking and just does not want to eat!

Working on cleaning my craft area, making way for Falliday Fest!

Catherine, sure hope you power stays on!! That is so cute about the kittie missing your daughter! They say pets usually attach themselves to one family member in particular!

Kandie, so glad your room is back in order for you! It looks wonderful!!

Gracie, your painting is gorgeous!! So proud of you for what you do!!!

Hello everyone else, how is the letter "G" working for everyone?
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:17 AM   #1210
Proud Fan Club Member

Maybe I can use the letter G for Sharon's birthday card! I'm running behind! Learning the new cellphone and then did a little fishing today. I caught two and DS caught 8! All small catfish under 8" ! We only went to uncles pond because DS had to get his car inspected this morning and an oil change trip to Walmart. I got stuff to make cookies but have no ambition!

Daily Scripture Thread

smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:26 PM   #1211
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, I was pleasantly surprised when I got a hopping bunny emoji today from DH! LOL! I figured he would come home all frustrated from trying to remember how to use his new phone but he didn't! My biggest surprise is that the phone hasn't made any mistakes in my texts yet! It does things I didn't even know I wanted it to do! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

smadson, cdimick, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:44 PM   #1212
Proud Fan Club Member

Everything in the living room only stayed straightened up for as long as it took me to decide I wanted to move the couch a foot so there’d be more room for people to sit at the dining room table. Then DH said why don’t we switch tables, because the one behind the couch has a broken leaf at the one end which is propped up with an extra wooden table leg. So the one downstairs was dragged up here, and this one was carefully hauled down there. Then I had to move the rug underneath so the table would be centered. Moving the couch meant moving both end tables, throw rug and lamps, so the entire living room was a mess again. The outdoor stuff has been put away. Everything outside looks drab now with no white wicker for cheer. I am tired and sore and sore and tired, lol. Tomorrow we might go to some estate sales... I guess enough is never enough when it comes to “treasures”. (Cough)

Catherine, so sweet that the kitty was happy to see her “mama”! And Ann, I’m sure glad Athena decided to eat something nourishing. Kathy, yay for your DH on the hopping bunny, lol!

annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:51 PM   #1213
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m taking a poll... how many of you have a dining room table with chairs that match? I always wanted a matching set, and now I find that a farmhouse look generally has a few mismatched ones around the table. For rectangular tables, the chair at each end is supposed to match, and then it’s anybody’s game as to the rest as long as they are roughly the same height. DH has a frowny face to this concept even though I have shown him several examples on Pinterest.

annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:00 PM   #1214
Proud Fan Club Member

Here’s one...
Attached Thumbnails
9ba2a1b5-2764-4847-a3f0-046eafe8678a.jpeg  

Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:26 PM   #1215
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! The report from home is not good, the power is off there. I'm still at my workplace...not working, but have no desire to go home to no power. I HATE that! I spent a leisurely time at Hobby Lobby browsing but didn't buy anything. I realize I need a plan before I go in there and just spend.

Ann, glad Athena ate something.

Kathy, yay for DH sending you the bunny emoji!

Kandie, I have a rectangular formal dining table with matching chairs that came with it (I presume). It used to belong to my parents and is the dining table set at which I ate special meals (not everyday) when I was growing up. I was so happy to get their set. However, I have seen the type of seating arrangement that you showed in the photo. I think it is quite popular currently.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:13 PM   #1216
Proud Fan Club Member

By the way, we just finished watching NCIS:NO on Hulu, and during a scene where the crew are all sitting around the kitchen table, I mentioned to DH that I saw at least 5 chairs at that table that did not match. He said, “I noticed, but I wasn’t going to bring it up...”.

smadson, cdimick, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:28 PM   #1217
Proud Fan Club Member

Daily Scripture Thread

smadson, cdimick, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:30 PM   #1218
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry about that last post. I'm practicing uploading directly from my phone!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 06:36 PM   #1219
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, when we got married we purchased a formal cherry wood table and six matching chairs. We had it for years with a matching huge hutch! It was gorgeous.

Was is the key word. It just did not fit into our lifestyle anymore so I gave it to my number two son! I think they sold it! It was extremely expensive when we got it!

Plus we no longer have a formal dining room. The dining room is my office/craft room. It was converted to a small bedroom when all the kids were home. We needed the bedroom and not a dining room!

So my formal china is packed away for my number one granddaughter!

Kandie, I think you need to take a rest from working!!

Kathy, wow what a gorgeous card!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:36 PM   #1220
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That looks great, Kathy!

Too funny, Kandie, about watching NCIS: NO. He wasn't going to bring it up!

Yes, I'm still at work using electricity. The pastor had a phone charger here that worked for my phone so I'm recharging before I go home.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #1221
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ann, it would take work to actually use our dining table to eat at because DH has set up his work computer stuff there. But we could do it.

Cherry wood is gorgeous! I have my mom's china, never got any of my own because I didn't like any of the patterns well enough to want to spend money on them when we got married.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:47 PM   #1222
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lots of chatting today! Long day painting. We hope to finish mural by Sunday or Monday. Then, I can get back to crafting at home!

Kathy that card is gorgeous with all those lovely stars!

Catherine, so sorry to hear about you losing power again! Sheesh! Your DD2 is so lucky to have her kitty buddy. I sure miss my cat, Teddy. Hope your electricity is back on soon!

Ann, glad you got Queen Athena to eat something! LOL

Kandie, I like it when tables have mismatched chairs. Your DH is so funny!
muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:50 PM   #1223
Proud Fan Club Member

Nothing matches in my living room! I have a dark oak entertainment center, walnut stand, cherry desk, light oak shelving and dark pine shelf. I do have four matching chairs in the kitchen. Oh..and light oak TV trays! I don't mind at all!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 08:16 PM   #1224
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!!

Hope power comes on soon for you Catherine!
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:24 PM   #1225
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Goodnight Ann! Sweet and peaceful dreams!
annsforte3 likes this post.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:36 AM   #1226
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello! Here is a card from me, jumping in, with letter G!

Prayers!
DT:  The Project Bin
muscrat, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:28 AM   #1227
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all,

Catherine, hope power is soon working again.

Gracie, the painting looks georgeous.

Ann, who is Queen Athena.

Kathy the Card looks beautiful.

I have to clean my craftroom, it looks horrible.
muscrat, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:36 AM   #1228
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning. How did it get to Thursday already? And on that note, how did it get to the 24th of October already??”

We are worn out again. After I wrote my post yesterday, we also decided to move a table from the back porch to the craft room so I have something to work on. It is a heavy little table with two small drop leaves. DH tied them down, but they came untied halfway through trying to drag the table through the living room. And then to find the table width was 30 inches but the doorway in this 1960s house was only 28”... Back to the tool kit to take off the legs, lol. DH was so sick of moving tables. He stayed in the garage to putter and I sat on the couch to watch more episodes of Star Trekeep Space Nine. Everyone relaxes in their own way, right?

Kelly, welcome!

Dagmar, my craft room is clean and organized, but then, I haven’t made anything in weeks, either, lol.

Catherine, is your power back in yet?

Kathy, I painted two end tables white, two green, and left one alone, so my stuff doesn’t match either!

muscrat, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:39 AM   #1229
Proud Fan Club Member

Does this photo make anyone else want to go back to sleep?
Attached Thumbnails
c72e0a4b-ad26-41b1-87ef-3355c787ed88.jpg  

mcschmidty, muscrat and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:21 AM   #1230
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Does this photo make anyone else want to go back to sleep?

Definitely! Dusty is so adorable! I slept 9 1/2 hours last night!!! Painting all day on this huge mural makes me think my age is catching up with me! LOL

Dagmar, I hate it when my craft room gets too disorganized! Good luck!

Catherine, I sure hope your power comes back on soon!!!!!!!

Good Morning to everyone! Have a fun day!
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:40 AM   #1231
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's great advice:
mcschmidty, cdimick, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:59 AM   #1232
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Hello Kelly, so glad to see you joining in the Alphabet challenges!! Your card is beautiful!

Dagmar, Athena and Iris are our Siberian Huskies. They are sisters and oh so different. Athena is a very fussing eater and Iris is just the opposite, she will eat anything in site! Personality too, Iris is very calm and loving where as Athena is loving when she wants something or is not feeling well!

Kandie, sure makes me want to go back to bed!! Spouse is not used to the machine still and keeps taking it off in the middle of the night!

Question for those on medicare? How many of you purchased a supplementary policy to cover things medicare does not? We are thinking of doing so but of course it is another monthly fee.

What is really bad is the Medicare part D for drugs! Wow!

This was a seminar put on by our county. Who knew that they have an elderly care advocate that will help you will Medicare!! And wow was this person knowledgeable!

Off to eat breakfast/lunch and then get moving on household and crafting maybe. I do have to make a cheesecake for a party this weekend too!
Old 10-24-2019, 09:51 AM   #1233
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Good morning ladies! I think I am caught up on all of the posts!

Shirl- as soon as I can, bra off when I am at home!!! LOL Freedom!

Ann, we had a dog-cockapoo- he loved eating eggs : ) He was fussy about food as well- once we switched his food to fish and sweet potatoes it improved a bit.
I did my parents insurance for 4-5 years before they passed- yes, they both had supplemental insurance. My Mom worked as an advanced practice nurse at the University of Cincinnati hospital, and they had fabulous insurance plans for retired employees.
My husband was going to retire at 60 until we found out Medicare is not free and then you probably need supplemental insurance as well! Plus medications- inhalers and others are SOOOO expensive!
Hope hubby gets used to that mask so you both get a good nights rest.

Catherine, we saw on the news about a fire near LA and expected windstorms. Hope that passes quickly and the power gets back on! Glad that your daughter is back from housewatching and sounds like the cat is too : )

Hi Kelly!!!

Kandie- I need a few ounces of your energy! We have a cherry dining room set with matching chairs- do not use it too often. We have been going to estate sales here- and the younger kids do not want the dining room sets OR the china.... Yikes- so on occasion, I get out the china for everyday.....USE IT!!! LOL Kitchen table is matching as well- oak.

Kathy- yeah for a new phone and all of the fun emojies!

Dagmar- I am with you- mine needs some tidying!!!

Gracie- that mural- how fantastic!

Yesterday was my twins 31st birthday!!! (How did that happen?)
I sorted quite a bit through the stamps i had out for the garage sale. I plan to donate about 1/3 or so of them, will take pictures and list the rest for sale, but low price points so I can get them out of here!
My DTGD stamps from Concord and 9th arrived yesterday- I just ordered them- lickity split!!!

I spent a few years-before ancestry- doing genealogy. I was able to meet some of my 2nd cousins from one side of the family in July in Wexford Ireland- it was the thrill of a lifetime! I thought there were family resemblances as well.
Did you know- if you have done DNA, you can extract the data and add it to a database that matches from many of the companies? I have done that for myself, my dad and my mother.

Waving hello to all!

Have a great day!
Shelly
annsforte3, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:36 AM   #1234
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I am at work (civilization) where there is power. Thankfully, we have showers here too so yes, this is where I got ready this morning. This time at least we had some wind up at our house. Not strong wind, mind you, but it wasn't still and completely dead air like last time. However, they are saying another wind "event" is expected on Saturday so I'm wondering if we'll even get the power back before they turn it off again. I think even communist countries had better power situation than the "great" state of California. My girls, who used to like it when the power went off, are so over it. Can you tell I'm annoyed? Yes, I don't want wild fires burning everything in sight, however, if the power company had been doing their job maintaining their equipment and updating and if our brilliant state had been responsibly managing the forests, we wouldn't be in this situation. However, it could be worse. We could be without water as so many northern Cal customers are because they are on a well. No electricity? No pump for their well. Am I making you all want to move to California?

Kathy, it sounds like you have a lot of gorgeous wood in your living room. I love wood furniture and a mix of woods works great for me!

Dagmar, I bet your craft room is all neat and tidy again by now.

Kandie, I got tired just reading about trying to move that heavy table, and then to find the doors are too narrow...ugh! And yes, that photo of your adorable Dusty makes me sleepy, very sleepy!

Gracie, your sign is too funny. My cousin shared that on FB, she is a quilter.

Ann, I have a friend who just retired and watching him go through everything paperwork related to that makes me concerned for when DH and I retire. It sounds SOOOO complicated!

Shelly, you have twins? How fun, what gender are they? When I was a kid I thought I wanted twins if I could guarantee that one would be a boy and one a girl. Obviously, that didn't happen. I don't know about a fire near LA but on my way to work to shower, I heard there is a fire north of us but I don't have details on it. CA is multiple states long if you drive it north to south so we often don't even know about other parts of the state.

I suppose I should get busy with work now that I've had some food and been working on a coffee. I'll check in before leaving civilization.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:46 AM   #1235
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, thank goodness your work has a shower!! It's horrible the way this is working for California! What are business doing? And again all your food!

Shelly, twins wow that is so cool!! Two of mine are 15 months apart!! I think twins might have been better! Lost all my stomach muscles at that point!
Old 10-24-2019, 11:58 AM   #1236
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm so sorry you have no power yet. We are on a well, so we'd be one of those with no water!

I'm feeling anxiety this morning. Not sure why. Could be delay in changing phones. My body doesn't like changes of any kind. Even though the phone change went smoothly!

DH wants to retire in June. He certainly deserves it working all these years while I was a stay at home mom, stay at home daughter in law and now stay at home daughter taking care of my parents. But when he retires he won't be old enough for medicare so I don't think he understands how much his retirement and social security will have to go to healthcare. This stresses me, especially since I haven't paid enough in to social security to collect. I only worked a little in the early years. Maybe I will have to find a job!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 12:28 PM   #1237
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon. Spent yesterday at my sister's and we both made a bunch of cards.

I have matching dining and kitchen tables/chairs.

Love the mural, Gracie.

Catherine, I had heard there was a large fire in the San Francisco vicinity. Is that close to you?
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 10-24-2019, 12:59 PM   #1238
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Benefits For Your Spouse
Even if they have never worked under Social Security, your spouse may be able to get benefits if they are at least 62 years of age and you are receiving or eligible for retirement or disability benefits. Your spouse can also qualify for Medicare at age 65.

Kathy, the above is from the government site!

With me being two years younger then my spouse I will have to find coverage for two months before Medicare takes over! And it is going to be expensive, spouse figures $800 a month (that's each month) for me for the two months till I turn 65 and his coverage ends from his employer.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:02 PM   #1239
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, your spouse needs to check out what it is going to cost him, because if he starts taking SS before his retirement age, they will penalize his SS income for the rest of his life. It gets reduced by a percentage every year for the rest of his life.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:44 PM   #1240
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Ann. He wants t retire at 63 1/2. He does have quite a nice retirement saved, but I'm hoping that is true that I could get it too! That would be used for our healthcare. He says he can be on cobra for 18 months but that will be expensive, I'm sure.

Daily Scripture Thread

smadson, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.