Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-17-2019, 09:56 PM   #1081
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Kathy, I'm sorry you are still having problems with your tooth hole. Did they give you antibiotics?

Ann, so sorry you had such a long wait; thankful that they figured out what was wrong though. Still praying for you all.

Kathy, I can definitely be stubborn about going to the doctor. If I ever get anything serious I'll probably die from it. I think DD2 has some of those same tendencies. She had a fairly serious surgery when she was ten. She had not been feeling well and then her abdomen started to swell. We insisted on taking her to ER - all the while she was protesting, "I'm working on getting better, I'm working on it!"

Gracie, I wish you could hear DD1 sing, her voice is amazing (I am biased, I do realize that).

No antibiotics. Tonight it bled a little after I brushed. I must've been a little too rough because that's the first I've had blood since right after it was pulled.

How cute...she's working on getting better! Kids say the cutest things. I remember when my youngest was about four. He was climbing around on the back of the couch. He stopped, looked right at me and asked "how do I be a child of God?" He must've heard something in Sunday School that returned to his mind at that time. It was so precious.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
annsforte3, Hawaiian and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:01 PM   #1082
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Kathy, the mug cake card is a great idea. Do you have recipes inside?

Ann, sorry your DH is going through such pain. I was away for the day, so didn't see the message for prayer, but know that prayers will continue.

I went to my sister's today and got a lot of coloring done.
Melody, no recipes. I bought a four pack of single serving mug cakes. It is Duncan Hines Brand but I think Betty Crocker also makes them in this size. There are many flavors, but I bought chocolate lovers of course. The packets are the size of hot chocolate mixes and all you do is put the mix in a microwave safe mug, add water and cook.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:04 PM   #1083
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I missed reading about your issue since you had it pulled. Never be afraid to just call them and tell them what you are experiencing so they can help further if you need it or just to reassure you what the healing process is supposed to go like with this extraction.

Shirl
cdimick, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:08 PM   #1084
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Jayne and all. I just cannot keep up with all the chatter, lately, but praying for you and your dh, Ann! Hope you both are able to get lots of rest.

Shirl
annsforte3, Hawaiian, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:09 PM   #1085
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
I forgot...Catherine wishing DD1 a happy birthday.
Kathy, I hope you are pain free with your tooth soon.
Thanks also for the review in the new cutter. I was going to get a new one. I have a Fiskars one and do not like it. I would like the TH guillotine one as I’ve heard good reports. I am with Catherine and don’t like products where there’s a chance they will stop supplying parts.
Dagmar glad you received your code.
Shelly, enjoy your little poppets.

To Shirl, Sally and anyone else I’ve missed..hi there.

I think I’ve covered most things...sleep well.

The biggest con with the trimmer is that you have to use two hands to lift the arm because it clicks shut each time you close it to cut.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 11:32 PM   #1086
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay, Jayne! So glad you got your GKD code. What a wonderful prize, I can't wait to see what you choose and create!

Kathy, what a heart melting thing for your son to say, love moments like that! Yes, DD2 was a little grumpy with us for making her go and then they ended up rushing her into surgery that night around midnight.

I'll give your birthday greetings to DD1, Jayne.

Ann, I hope you are sleeping deeply and sweetly by now.

Kathy, I second Shirl's comment to call them and let them know what is going on.

We had fun laughing with DD2 at the house where she is house sitting. We all can't wait for her to come back home, that happens on Monday.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:14 AM   #1087
Gabfest Goddess

Aloha everyone!!!

I always breeze through chatter most of the time and forget as fast as I breeze by them sorry and those things I recall I try to comment but not always I have just so much going on with these migraines and consoling believe it or not I've turned into a free after hour therapist and safe person for my SIL . So much drama it would win out Typler Perry's Madea!! Lol so I know I'm distracted so sorry but I keep everyone I. My heart and prayers!! As well have very very fashionable late birthday wishes and just keep extending them. Love all of you and Mahalo for the prayer to my urgent message for oir Sis Ann and DH. So glad it's sorted out and pray you both get some much needed rest.
Sis Kathy I triple what Sis Shirl said!! I will keep praying you heal fast and get to enjoy your classmates as they receive their magnificent gift creation from you!!
Sis Catherine give my gorgeous and talented neice a hug and kiss for me and wish her a belated Hauoli Lahanau. Sorry I'm just such a mess and I'm surprised I even have the right mind to still create but I think it's actually therapy for myself which I probably need more of ! My birthday goodies sure inspire me ! So Mahalos to all fairy fairy much!!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:39 AM   #1088
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

TGIF everyone! Another week slipping by. I was browsing Pinterest this morning and saw a post about Lion Brand yarn and a pattern for a crocheted sweater, like a big shrug with sleeves, and it looked so nice that I ordered the kit. I like to knit and crochet in the cooler months. Which reminds me, Melody, are you still making your beautiful lace creations?

Sharon, Bluff City looked interesting in the previews, and I like Jimmy Smits. DH won’t watch it but I may try it on Hulu. And 9 copies of your memoirs for others to read? WOW!

Melody, I got a big kick out of your list of tv shows!

Kathy, DH likes the tv on non-stop as bg noise. I’m used to total silence so I can read, unless there is a show I want to see. I finally bought ear plugs to block the noise, and sometimes I put on my earphones and watch one of my shows. And then he talks to me and I don’t know it, lol.

Catherine, happy birthday wishes to DD1!

Kathy, did your dentist recommend gargling or just rinsing your mouth with salt water? It really helps with the healing.

Ann, DH’s late wife had the same disease as your DH. I asked him about it and he told me about the condition and the extreme pain. I’m so sorry! I hope he can get relief through antibiotics so he doesn’t have to have surgery again. And I wonder if the headaches are because he is not keeping the sleep mask on all night like he is supposed to?

Dagmar, sleep well!

Kathy, your mug box is adorable! Mug cakes are so easy to make with just a box of cake mix; a box of mix lasts a long time. Three tablespoons of cake mix, two tablespoons of water, one minute in the microwave!

Jayne, so glad you finally got a response about your gift!

Gracie, I also hope to sing in heaven because I sure can’t do it on earth, and I SO would love to be able to sing beautiful music.

Good morning, Shirl and Victoria and anyone I missed this morning!
Attached Thumbnails
8b3c17de-a33d-4e8c-aff3-a20a26a2c9ca.jpeg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
lacyquilter, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:49 AM   #1089
Proud Fan Club Member

My iPad is slowly getting neurotic. Now I get blank white spaces in my email list where an email is supposed to be and the mail doesn’t show up until I tap the space. And you know all the icons on the opening screen? This morning most of them were horizontal, one row was vertical! Dang wooden bird.

Next to last living room wall section being worked on today. DH sanded and primed the dark corner where the front door is, and the area will be painted this morning, but now the front door looks ridiculous because it is stained to match the dark paneling! DH is afraid paint won’t stick to it, but we have to try. He’s out of primer, so a trip to Lowe’s takes place first. Then all we have left is the area around the picture window, and that’ll be fun (not) for me because of all the trim. Yuck. Not looking forward to that at all. I used up my allotment of bad words on the dining room windows, lol.

mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:49 AM   #1090
Proud Fan Club Member

And now my cursor is up in the gray part of the post box...

annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:39 AM   #1091
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Friday!

Yes, Kandie. I still work on crochet lace, but sporadically. Sometimes I need something to take along when I know there will be sitting and conversing - got to have something in my hands to keep busy. Occasionally at home, I will just pick it up and crochet for awhile.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:54 AM   #1092
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, your work is so exquisite!

lacyquilter, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:08 AM   #1093
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, do you have to have an iPad or just a tablet? IPads are so expensive and I can do pretty much anything on my RCA tablet that you can do on the iPad. My RCA 11.5 inch with detachable keyboard was less than $100. All I do is use chrome for SCS and other internet stuff, and use YouTube.I could download lots of other apps, but just don't feel the need. If you read books, there is always the tablet called Fire....still cheaper than iPad. All you need is an internet connection and a gmail address for email. If you take pictures with it, then maybe you would want something better, but I have black dots taped over my camera holes so big brother can't watch me shower! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:13 AM   #1094
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm digging out the winter clothes. I want to make an emergency kit for DS and DH because they travel 30 miles each way to work. 60 miles a day. I make up a kit with hats, gloves, boots, coat. Just in case they get stuck in traffic. Remember last year it took DS 5 hours to get home in a storm that one night! Each of them already have battery backups for their cellphones.

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:38 AM   #1095
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

DH is still in pain, but taking his meds and taking on and off his mask during the night. I think with the pain he just can not get comfortable. But then I'm not sleeping either!!

Kathy, that is an excellent idea for an alternative to the ipad! Their is a Google Chrome book for around $200 that works well too. I had one for awhile and so does my spouse. Son traded me for a laptop for my Google Chrome book!

Kathy, so sorry your mouth is still sore. I have an empty hole on the right side of my mouth, decided I did not want the pain of going through all the work to have either a fake tooth or another bridge. The old bridge fell out due to decay from the tooth in the back holding it in. That is the one thing about the old bridges, food gets under them! Mine were done when I was a freshman in high school.

But now food gets wrapped around the empty space, especially noodles!

TV shows I watch: Dancing with the Stars! And that is only if I am not busy!

I'm with you Melody, I hate the noise, I hate the language, and bad shows give me nightmares!!
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:48 AM   #1096
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Melody, your work is so exquisite!
Awwww, thanks so much, Kandie!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #1097
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, the bg on my sketch challenge card with all the sentiments is dp from Lawn Fawn.
muscrat, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:27 AM   #1098
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Today is DD1's birthday, she only has one more year of being a teen. Even though it is her birthday, she is about to leave for work. She has a four hour shift today. Which means I am headed to town to pick up Honey from her grooming appointment. But I'm timing that so I can make one trip for Honey and DD2.

So, Vickster, you aren't late with your birthday greetings for her as her birthday is today. Sorry you are still dealing with so many migraines.

Kandie, I truly am excited for you with the painting of your living room. That is so fabulous. I really like the photos you have posted of the progress, what a difference the lighter color makes.

Kathy, that is great to have emergency kits for your DH and DS. You never know what might happen.

Ann, sorry your DH is in so much pain, but thankful they were able to identify it. Too many times, it seems to me, the medical profession can't identify what is wrong.

Jayne, we like the British shows too but those we tend to watch when I find them on DVD at the library.
Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:28 AM   #1099
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Evening,

Kathy, I recommend camomile tea or sage tea to rinse your mouth. Let the tea cool down, and rinse several times.

Ann, a friend of mine got her own bedroom, because her husband had to use a sleep mask which was very loud.

I finished a pair of socks yesterday, no knitting today because, I had my influenza imunisation today.

Good night all, sleep well.
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:23 PM   #1100
Proud Fan Club Member

Dagmar, what lovely socks! I have only tried a sock heel once, and that was enough for me. I have yet to learn how to handle the double-pointed needles.

Kathy, I have been an iPad fan for six years now. I take lots of photos, I have Word on here and use it often, I have Kindle on here. I’ve tried other tablets but just did not like them. Maybe tomorrow we’ll go look at some. DH says he’ll pay for it. Maybe.

Wall with converted sewing machine table by the front door is done, but the front door itself is in the garage getting sanded and primed. We were going to do that tomorrow, but then DH took it down and carted it to the garage, so apparently it’s getting done today. That means I can paint it tomorrow.

annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:54 PM   #1101
Proud Fan Club Member

Kind of how I feel about my Motorola droid cellphone, Kandie. DH and I've had the same cellphones for 8 years! Love it, know it, don't want to get rid of it, but when I do, I'm looking for another Motorola! They say it soon won't work because of updates to the network plus i have to charge it every night. If I unplug it early in the morning and text a lot, I sometimes have to charge it before bedtime. Its slow to email pictures, but texting pics is fine. I think it needs a chrome update, but it can't do that because of how old the operating system is.

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #1102
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm going stir crazy! DH is hunting this weekend and I need a project to work on!

Catherine, I saw the Brady bunch actors on Rachel ray. They talked about how they went in with the property brothers and helped remodel the inside of that home. I hope I can find that particular show in reruns.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 02:29 PM   #1103
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

OK, DD1 is safely at work, I have delivered DD2 to her house sitting location, and I'm now back at home where I need to get the house whipped into shape.

Dagmar, those socks are just lovely!

Kandie, I don't use any tablets, iPad or otherwise. DD1 loves her iPad though.

Kathy, I have an old iPhone for my cell phone. It is a 5C or something like that. I recently used it to help our pastor locate his iPhone and he didn't like how small it was. However, I use a running app on it when I run and I can't imagine having a bigger cell phone for that. I do wonder when I'll have to get another phone because the OS is so old.

There were several HG hosts involved in the Very Brady Reno, not just the Property Brothers. I didn't recognize all of them because I haven't watched much HG TV recently. I loved how they did the theme for it - it was The Brady Bunch theme with the squares but the lyrics re-written for the reno. The HG TV hosts were in squares in the middle and they made four columns instead of three. Such fun.

Ann and Kathy won't be able to relate to this, it is DD1's birthday today and I haven't made her birthday card. I haven't been able to come up with an idea for it....yikes!
annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #1104
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, HGtv bought the house so lots of designers working on it. I can't remember who, other than the property brothers, but Maureen McCormick says it is eerie how great a job they did and it looks just like the original house. They never filmed an episode in this home. They only used the house front. Each of the Bradys told what part of the house they helped renovate. She said that when it was finished and she looked around, she could picture Florence, Robert and Alice there. It gave me chills.

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #1105
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Beautiful socks Dagmar!

Kandie, you're going to love your home all spruced up and bright when the winter months arrive! Too bad about your iPad, but a new one would be fun, especially if DH pays for it.

I ran errands all day and went to all the thrift stores in town. It was a beautiful day and I didn't want to stay inside. Then, I came home and made chili. Now, I'm being lazy. I may craft later but today I just wasn't in the mood! Unusual for me.

Ann, I sure hope your DH feels better quickly. It sure sounds awful to not be able to get a good night's rest. I'd be sooooo crabby!

Catherine, Happy Birthday to DD1! Time sure flies when you have kiddos!

Kathy, sure hope that your mouth heals soon! How annoying for you.

Hi Melody, Sis, Shirl, Sharon, Jayne and everyone I've missed. I have to run over and feed the neighbors dogs because they are out of town. I miss our dogs and it will be fun to get some petting in! Lol
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:48 PM   #1106
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, yes, not only was that house only for exterior shots but they made it look like there was an exterior window where there wasn't one...until the reno happened. It was incredible what a great job they did with making the house match what was seen on the TV show. They truly did a marvelous job - and if you didn't remember how the house was, they showed clips of the show and the particular room they were dealing with.

I want to know what they are going to do with the house now. Honestly, if I bought it, I'd totally re-do the family room with its wood paneling!
muscrat and Kemernow like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:21 PM   #1107
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!! Sweet dreams!
mcschmidty, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:51 PM   #1108
Proud Fan Club Member

This is a longer video than i normally post, but it is well worth it! Big did it bring back memories!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, smadson and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:49 PM   #1109
Proud Fan Club Member

Dagmar, those socks are just beautiful!

Kandie, I love your latest funny-My happy places, are Hobby Lobby and stores like TJMaxx too, although ours is called Winners in Canada and HomeSense.

We have watched 3 episodes now of Bluff City. The 3rd one was really quite good. And we have always liked Jimmy Smits from watching NYPD Blue.

I did watch a few episodes of Brady Bunch but for some reason did not watch it regularly. Remember Marcus Welby, M.D.? My Mum and I liked to watch that.

Sweet dreams Ann!

Hi Gracie, Victoria, Jayne, Sharon, Melody and all who read here!

I went to a Dr. today, and she brought up the shingles issue, and so gave me the paperwork for it. I guess I will get it, being they have improved it now. I had asked about getting it a long time ago, but I was told it was not very good and so I did not get it at the time. Glad to know it has been improved. Haven't perused the form yet, but I know you all were talking about it awhile ago on here.

Catherine-did you get a card made or buy one for your dd1? No harm in buying one I always say. Hope she had a great day!

Shirl
Old 10-18-2019, 10:04 PM   #1110
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hi ladies!
Still here in Colorado- we are heading back on Sunday. Our flight leaves from Denver Sunday evening. My nephew who lives in Telluride stopped through the area tonight on his way to Denver. He is heading to the zvirgin Islands for a wedding..... He told us there is going to be 8-12" of snow in or arounf the Vail area this weekend, so driving back- he told us to allow 8 hours for the 4 hour trip....and to make sure our rental car was a All wheel drive..... Oh, I did not dress for snowy weather at all!!!

It will not be easy to leave the baby..... My husband and I have taken some video's for the 2 months until we see him again in December! I have been cooking up a storm- DIL is back to work, and had 2 noghts this week with parent-teacher conferences with the sub, so worked two 12 hour shifts.... They have gutted their kitchen, and were approached by someone from the city that says they need a permit- shut down the work for 5-7 days..... So, they will be an additional week with no stove. When there are no guests in their little cottage that is an airbnb, they can cook out here.

Ann- so glad your husband was diagnosed so quickly- and hope they did rule out the other issues! Prayers for a speedy recovery! I will also pray for you- rest and no worries!

Catherine- hope your daughter had a delightful day on her birthday!

Kandie- you are almost at the finish line with your re-do I think! Wahoo!

Melodie- nice to spend time with your sister- did she ever make cards with you? Or color?

Sharon- your writing class sounds wonderful. I would have the problem with too many words and have to condense what I am thinking!!!

Kathy- glad the washer was fixed. Hope that tooth also heals up quickly!

Jayne- Oh, hubby got me to watch the Americans with him..... it gave me nightmares at times, and it was a bit racy, but it makes you wonder if these things really go on in real life...... Finished that a while back. My hubby is hard to watch TV with - remote control and he has to change the channel frequently! LOL Oh, one more we watch on occasion is The Mighty Miss Maizel. And, I love nightline.

Dagmar- wow- love the socks! That is one thing I have never tried to knit!

Melodie- I would love to see your lace work!

Gracie- I do love shopping through thrift stores.... and so miss my pup! He died a year ago July.....

Waving hello to all! I will miss the baby, son and DIl, bit it will be nice to get home and also to stamp a bit!

Shelly
Old 10-18-2019, 10:08 PM   #1111
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Shelly! No matter how hard I try, I forget to mention someone. I have heard great things about Miss Maisel, but we don't get the network it is on.

I hope you have a safe trip home!

Shirl
Old 10-19-2019, 05:44 AM   #1112
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Saturday to everyone. Aches, aches and more aches here today with both of us, shoulders and necks and backs. I suggested a day off but DH said absolutely not, he is sick of the whole project and wants to finish it. Can’t blame him, he has had the hardest part with all the sanding. Plus, he told me he’ll put Levolor blinds on the windows when we’re done, so now I’m excited to finish as well!

You know, if I didn’t have so many compulsions I’d be a rich woman. But I have that full-set syndrome of every color in an ink category, update the fall and winter wardrobe with the latest fashions (which just started this year, lol and always on sale), shoes ($20 budget), purses, on to makeup, and small decor, and now I’m into table settings. Darn Pier 1 emails... years ago, in my China cabinet, I had six individual place settings on the shelves, a Lenox, a Pfaltzfraff, a couple of vintage ones like Fire King from a local antique store. When I’d have company, they’d choose which place setting they wanted to use. It was fun. My daughters loved it. When I had to sell everything after my accident and husband decided he didn’t want to deal with it, the place settings sold quickly. Now, after all these years, and after getting a Pier 1 email about mix-and-match place settings, the compulsion to have some mixed dishes has hit me again! It’s a good thing I only get into one category at a time or I’d be in the poor house. DH bears with me. He knows I have a certain sum of funds from my SS that I put towards whatever is of interest at that time. He does the same thing, only his is always setting aside money to go to the local casino every couple of months for his time to himself (and my opportunity to binge-watch tv, lol.)

Wow. Apparently I would have no problem writing 6,000 words of my memoirs!

I’ll take a photo of the table after a bit, after this sleepy little dog lying next to me decides to move.

mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:48 AM   #1113
Proud Fan Club Member

Da, da, da, da......... everybody sing along!
Attached Thumbnails
ac998018-4356-4d55-9284-9239207530c6.jpeg  

annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:05 AM   #1114
Proud Fan Club Member

Two of the place settings
Attached Thumbnails
8339411f-0894-40b2-bc54-1ee23b175388.jpg   ed54e242-15c7-46d6-aea0-3b9d452240b9.jpg  

annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:06 AM   #1115
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Saturday to you all.

Its raining the hole day over here, so ist dusty and grey. But we need the rain.

Kandie , the girls are having fun.
smadson, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:35 AM   #1116
Proud Fan Club Member

JCI. I am trying to keep up. Will be back later.
annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:38 AM   #1117
Proud Fan Club Member

We have a beautiful fall morning. Its deceiving, though because it has only now hit 50° outside. I have the space heater running just to take the chill off.

Kandie, I used to have whole set syndrome but I've been cured! Lol. And I think the last time I bought clothes was for the wedding this summer, then I can't remember before that! And what is makeup? LOL. I have some Mary Kay I bought years ago! I don't use mascara anymore because I don't want any more issues with my eyes. I'm such a simple girl anymore. My hardest habit to break is stocking up on groceries and such. Like right now, I have about 15-20 rolls of tp in the cabinet and two more 12 packs stored in the bedroom. You don't want to run out of that, right? Paper towels...3-4 rolls in the kitchen and two more 6 pack rolls, also in the bedroom. When someone empties their shampoo, which takes a long time because I buy the large bottles, I pull out the spare and buy another one for backup! So my extravagance lies in home supplies rather than myself. I AM going to have to go shopping for jeans this week. I love my Levi skinny leg jeans, but they are fading fast. I'm thinking mine are 8-9 years old! I got them after I lost weight in 2010! I'm surprised they still fit, but they are mid-rise so that helps. But I'm not sure where I'll be shopping since I got those at Sears and we don't have a local sears anymore. Pier 1 has never really tempted me and now they have closed the local store. I think that not shopping online is my biggest protection from over shopping!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 08:07 AM   #1118
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Loved watching the Brady renovation! Used to watch that show when I was young!

Kandie, lovely dishes! Can't wait for you to be done with all your painting! You need to rest and enjoy the room!

Nope, I am not a shopper either! Hate going to the stores! Hate buying clothes! Simple jeans and shirts and a few sweat shirts to stay warm!

When I was on the school board I had lots of clothes for all the meetings and conferences with matching shoes and jewelry. But that part of my life is over and of course all those clothes were a size smaller then I am now!!

Have a great Saturday everyone! Groceries are being delivered soon and son number two is stopping with all three of his girls this afternoon so I have to get moving!!
Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:55 AM   #1119
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi, Ann, and Kathy. I just dropped a carload and trunk load off at the scrap store for the craft garage sale. So glad my part is over. I priced things all day & night since class was over I on Wednesday. Now to start writing for next class! I am going to sk for all my copies back, as I don’t want them floating around. And maybe that is what will be done anyway, with peoples critic comments. I don’t know . I have never done a writing workshop like this before! Mine is Wednesday, so I will have it easy the last Wednesday, although don’t know if there will be more assignments , like rewriting the story after all the critiquing.
Ugh! Also have to get into the craft room and make a card for DGS2, his 19th, and a pastor appreciation card for our pastor. The month of October, I guess is Pastor Appreciation month. Did you girls know that? I just found out Sunday, when they made a presentation to our pastor. I guess they might have mentioned it the weekend I was at retreat.

Thank you Ann, and Jayne for the early birthday cards! You spoil me. Jayne, sorry, I didn’t see the part about don’t open till my birthday, until after I opened it! LOL

Kandie, I think we easily write 6000 words talking to each other! LOL
Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

Kathy, I have to go back and watch your Brady Bunch video.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:25 AM   #1120
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Kandie, Dagmar, Sharon and Ann, and anyone else about today!

Kandie, everyone has to have their hobbies! I loved the place settings and I'm so excited that your remodeling project will be done soon! It's looking fabulous! When I taught school, I used to like to dress up and have matching jewelry and shoes. My 7th grade girls used to love to check out my earrings every day! I had some wild ones. I still have lots of earrings that I wear. Blue jeans and casual tops are my clothes now and most from thrift stores. No fashionista here that's for sure! LOL

The only shopping I like to do is to browse thrift stores for unique or great bargains. I found some beautiful little glass bowls made in France for 50 cents each! Perfect for my ice cream treat last night!

Wow, Ann, sounds like you'll have a fun and busy day with the three girls! Enjoy! Hope you got some rest last night!

Sharon, that is so cool that your are writing now. It seems like an interesting thing to do...writing about your life. Hmmm, I've had quite an interesting life, but not sure I'd want to share it all! ROFLOL
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.