Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-10-2019, 07:49 AM   #881
Proud Fan Club Member

It looks like the grape juice should be organic. I'm going to try a Vit. B complex for DH since DS is already taking it. I won't have to buy any right away.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
annsforte3 likes this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:06 AM   #882
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Vitamin B complex is what all Alzheimer patients are placed on, so my girlfriend told me who is a activity coordinator for three group homes with Alzheimer patients! Helps with memory is what I was told.

That pit bull is one lucky dog getting ice cream, our dogs can not have dairy. Something with huskies that it messes with their systems.

Oh yes, Gracie, that is gorgeous painting!! I think you should do a scaled down version for a card of that cute squirrel!! You have time the letter "S" is not until February 12!! LOL!

Kandie, you are getting so much done, I too love that shade of blue! But for me anything blue is wonderful, especially royal blue!!

Catherine, prayers for you and all those in California to get through this hard time!

Jayne, congrats on getting so much done!! Wish my spouse was like that!! It's me that pushes to get rid of stuff!!

It was a better night last night for spouse. But after the first hour or so he got lots of stuff in his throat and was coughing like crazy and took the machine off.

I was bad and said so is this what it will be now, you just let the machine sit? I did wake up later and put the machine on and left it on till morning!! So I had somewhat of a peaceful night. The machine isn't very loud!

A late start for me, so I need to get moving! At least I'm showered but need to eat!
Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:24 AM   #883
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning All! Off to do some more painting...I sure slept good last night. LOL

Catherine, hoping all is well with you and you were able to save food in refrig. & freezer. Hugs!

Kandie, glad you are finally getting that room brightened up with that lovely blue paint. I know how tiring paint is! I'll have to check out your gallery later. I'm going to have some catching up to do on cards too!

Ann, I understand how annoying that machine can be for DH. I had to reprogram my "thinking" from negative to positive to make myself be diligent about wearing the mask. It took awhile, but I kept telling myself, "It is for your HEALTH." It is hard when you just want to lay down and go to sleep. Keep encouraging him to use it. Tell him that he'll have a lot more equipment to use if he has a heart attack or stroke! LOL

Jayne, hoping all the chores get done so you can get back to crafting again! Glad you got out to golf. I'm missing my craft time too.

Hi Sis Vicki, Shirl, Melody, Sharon (sounds like you had a great retreat!) and everyone else I've missed!
annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:37 AM   #884
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening All,

the Weather forecast tells us we get summer back this weekend. Summer in October. I can't believe it.

Ann, I got the List, thank you.

Gracie, a georgeous Painting.

I'm really tired today, in the morning I have trained 2 Groups with seniors, each Training Lesson is about 1 Hour. Then I went home for Lunch. After this I got ready for the Seniors Afternoon, to serve Cake and coffee with the other helpers. When the seniors left, we washed the dishes and cleaned the room. When I got home it was time for dinner.

So good night you all, I'm redy for my Armchair.
muscrat, annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:46 AM   #885
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi all, just a quick check in before I dive into work. No power still, no forecast for when it will be back. Very frustrating because the trees couldn't be any more still than they are. That's right, not a HINT of even a breeze, let alone wind.

No, we don't have a generator and there aren't any to be found either. I heard on my way to work that this morning there are 2,000,000 without power. So, yes, probably losing the food in the refrigerator and the freezer in the garage. The good news is that the freezer wasn't stuffed full of things so it isn't like I'm losing an entire freezer full.

DH left EARLY this morning for his flight to Maui. I said, "No fair, you're going where there is power!"

Must get back to work, I see I'll have a lot of chatter to catch up reading!

Last edited by cdimick; 10-11-2019 at 11:56 PM..
Old 10-10-2019, 11:13 AM   #886
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm home from the dentist. He was running half an hour late, which gave me more time to worry! LOL Then my friend texted and said she was praying for me and I just felt a relaxation come over me! I told the doc and he said he prays every morning for himself, the patient and smooth work. And he prays throughout the day too. That helped even more, but I knew he did. The extraction was a tough one, the root was quite stubborn and curved. Felt like he was pulling my eye socket through my mouth! LOL. But thank God for Novocaine! I don't think a shot of whiskey would have helped, like you see in westerns! Got my permanent crown and they didn't have to make any adjustments. I heard his assistant say the lab did a good job knowing the tooth next to it was being pulled.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

annsforte3, Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #887
Proud Fan Club Member

How cute is this? Not sure I'd trust that fence, though! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #888
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all!

Oh my word, Kandie that is hilarious, as I have always NOT been a fan of candy corn! Also thanks for weighing in on the microfibre sheets. Sorry you had the experience with them. Doubtful I will buy them.

Ann, sounds like the machine will give you white noise and this will help you sleep.

Jayne, sounds like a good idea for you to go golfing!

Dagmar, that was a busy day for you. We have had years where it still feels like summer in October. We have sunshine right now, but almost went to 0 degrees last night. It does warm up during the day but not summer temps of course.

Catherine, I have not caught up on the chatter I guess, as I had no idea your dh went to Maui. I think we all need to go to Maui. 2 million people without power! I had been praying no wind, but I am so sorry for the food loss. Sheesh, there must be a better way to deal with this problem.

Kathy, so happy to hear you have a praying dentist and that went alright for you!

Melody, smart to get a stool! Your tush remark made me laugh. Hope your class goes well.

I am wondering whether to start taking a multi vitamin again. I used to daily, but had gone off them.

Hi to all!

Shirl

Last edited by shirlb19; 10-10-2019 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: typo
muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:14 PM   #889
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, with winter just around the corner it would not hurt to take a multi vitamin!!

I do along with vitamin D, b complex, vitamin c, and biotin.

I just started magnesium supplement. Chiropractor suggested it for my leg pains! Been on it a week and I did not notice any pains in my legs last night!
muscrat, shirlb19, Chatterbox-1 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:23 PM   #890
Proud Fan Club Member

70s this morning , now in 40s, forecast of 30s tonight. Freeze warnings, and .NW Ks getting snow. No Fall! Right from Summer to Winter. Tomorrow night 20s!

Catherine, so sorry for your power outage! I am glad you were able to take a shower at work. Your hubby is in Hawaii? How unfair is that?
I have homework for my class. I have to write a 6000 word story! I couldn’t sleep last night for thinking about it! LOL. Did I tell you that my DH is in Physical Therapy for his shoulder now? I had gotten another injection, and feel pretty good. No pain.
Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:42 PM   #891
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Ann regarding the encouragement to take a multi. I take 3000 units of D, omega 3 fish oils and magnesium at night. The magnesium at night is supposed to help you sleep and it is said that most of us are deficient in magnesium

Sharon- 6,000 words? Do you have an idea or topic figured out yet?

I have been bad at not proof reading my posts. I have had to correct a few lately. Sheesh! (Just corrected what I said to Kandie on the microfiber sheets.)

Shirl
annsforte3, Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #892
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha, Kathy, those bears need a manicure!

Shirl
Old 10-10-2019, 03:47 PM   #893
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Ha, Kathy, those bears need a manicure!

Shirl

Yes, they do, but I'm not volunteering to do it!

Daily Scripture Thread

smadson, annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:16 PM   #894
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha, ha, ha......

Shirl
muscrat, annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #895
Proud Fan Club Member

I had a can of chicken and rice soup for supper. I was dumb and didn't eat anything before the appointment and now All I can have is soup, yogurt, pudding, and other soft stuff. I will have oatmeal for breakfast, if I can wait that long! I'm starving! A headache is settling in. Can't take anything for two more hours.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 05:10 PM   #896
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, sending cyber hugs.
muscrat, annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #897
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hugs to you Kathy! I won't tell you about the yummy supper I had tonight! LOL

That bear video was amazing, but I don't think I'd be that close with that wire fence! Hope you feel better with your tooth out. Hopefully, you can eat tomorrow.

Sharon, wow...6,000 words! What are you writing about? Glad you don't have pain now, and hope the injection works for your DH's shoulder too.

Shirl, I used to take multi vitamin, but now just taking Calcium and D. It's probably a good idea to take vitamins, but there are sooooo many to choose from.

Catherine, I hope they reevaluate the weather and lack of wind, and turn the power back on soon!

Dagmar, I hope you had a relaxing evening...it sounds like you had a very busy day!

Ann, I hope your DH is getting used to his machine. I like your idea to make "squirrel" card! LOL

Melody, I hope that stool helped so you didn't have to stand the whole time with your class today.

Well, I'd better get to bed early tonight. Another day of mural painting tomorrow. I'll post a picture when it's all done.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #898
Proud Fan Club Member

Sweet dreams, Gracie!

Shirl
Chatterbox-1, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:20 PM   #899
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!! It's raining and getting cooler here!!
Chatterbox-1, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:08 PM   #900
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, Gracie, it was nice to have the stool. It could be a couple of inches shorter, but still worked great. And my class was done early.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
annsforte3, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:28 PM   #901
Proud Fan Club Member

Sweet dreams to you too, Ann!

Shirl
annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:02 AM   #902
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear sis Vickiiiiii, happy birthday to you. Hip hip horray enjoy your special day dear friend. Whoop whoop

Old 10-11-2019, 02:14 AM   #903
Mad Swapper

Well, I'm back from my AWOL journey away from you and SCS in general! I got both hand (thumb) surgeries for osteoarthritis done this year. My doctor just released me to crafting last week...my PT thought it would be okay to try some while away on my Girls' Get-Away crafting event at the end of September...so I did a bit there until I came down with a horrendous cold. Now, after two weeks, I think I might actually shake it this darn cold! Still have a bit of residual nose dripping and coughing, but I'm much better, and my hands seem to be holding up well during and after to the few cards I made so far, both Alpha cards...M & L.

I tried to catch up on the chatter, but alas, a bit impossible after so many months away. I did catch some things recently.

CATHERINE (late) & VICKSTER (today): HAPPY...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope your day brings (brought) you JOY and much love from friends and family!

As always, I apologize for never getting cards sent for birthdays and holidays...just can't seem to keep up with my large family even, especially as my hand pain increased the last two years before surgery. But, you are all in good company as my 94-year-old Mom didn't even get a handmade card from me for her birthday in August with my right hand totally out of commission and casted!

I had my second grandbaby in March this year...another little girl...Sienna Rose...my youngest daughter, Jackie's (the RN)! Here is a picture of little Sienna (with Daddy, Josh) a few weeks ago at her baptism.

She just the cutest thing and always smiling and laughing...of course, but I'm not prejudice!

My youngest son's daughter, Callie Paige, and my oldest granddaughter, who is now 2-1/2 and continues to be grow so fast in the 100 percentile...we think she will be a basketball player or maybe volleyball! She has the most delightful head of naturally hair with ringlets...like my sister when she was little. Here's a recent picture of her...little miss serious!

Other news, my oldest daughter, Michele is having her first baby the week before Thanksgiving...she will be my 3rd granddaughter...it's an ALL GIRL GRANDMA CREW! It will be a planned C-Section because of uterine surgery for 3 large fibroid surgery; therefore, no labor allowed. We are all so delighted with her great news! She has waited for this for many, many years and the clock was ticking LOUDLY!

My DH has had some pretty severe medical issues going on. He has a totally degenerated spine from top to bottom and it has even fused two disks itself up in the neck region...so far no decision has been made on what to do about it, so he's in quite a bit of pain all the time. They tried epidural cortisone shots and they didn't work at all. He has had glaucoma for over 20 years, and that condition has been flaring up some pretty high pressure and difficult to control. They may have to do a laser surgery to relieve the pressure. He also has a cataract on one eye and an eye infection, so they can't do cataract surgery until that is cleared up. AND, he just found out he's in the early stages of macular degeneration, which we are all to familiar with because his mother had that and was almost totally blind before she died. There is really nothing they can do to stop it, but did recommend he start eye vitamins immediately to try to slow it down. So...all in all, I think he's a bit in the dumps! On a happy note, he finally had his ears checked and got hearing aids so he can hear again, and I don't have to repeat things 3 to 4 times or listen to the TV repeating it 3 or 4 times (from the DVR) when he doesn't hear something...the entire family is grateful to him for finally admitting he had a problem!

Some of you may remember that my (little by 13 years) sister was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer back in February and the Teapot Challenge was gracious enough to do a card fest for her in May. She was away from home for 2-1/2 months (April to June) at the Cancer Centers of America in Phoenix having a full load of chemo and radiation, with a lot of complications, and at one point, they had to stop and put her in their on-site hospital for 7 days to get her white counts back up and electrolytes corrected, before they could restart the treatments. She finally finished and was able to go home in mid-June. It was a horrendous ordeal, but we are so joyful that her retest when she went back to Arizona in mid-September show no signs of cancer...YAY!! She will be going back every three mos. for rechecks. Eventually time between visits will be extended as she stays cancer free! I thank so many SCS friends for all their prayers and generosity of time to make her cards!

ANN: For all of you with arthritis anywhere, I thoroughly understand your pain, and know how debilitating it is in the hands for our favorite crafting hobby! Ann, I hope you are doing better! Hand wax dipping was done on my hands during PT, and it sure felt so good, along with the ultrasound therapy. I'd love to know your process for home wax treatments...I think I'd like to try it for sure! The therapist used a big square metal crockpot-like vat (like they use at fingernail places)...so I'm wondering if a home crockpot would work to use and store the wax in.

CATHERINE: I hope your electricity is back on soon. It seems like an over-the-top remedy to fight possible fires when people will have so many problems without it...getting ready for work daily, the elderly and sick coping with no electricity etc., not to mention losing your food in refrigerators and freezers or charging you electric car if you have one, which they seem to be big on in California! Seems like you all should get a kickback or refund check for the money they won't have to spend for repairs that the fires would have caused!

JAYNE, KANDIE, CATHERINE, VICKSTER and more....I sure hope your headaches and migraines improve and you are feeling better soon. Kandie, it sounds like you are having less trouble than before my AWOL, and so glad your foot is taken care of!

KATHY...enjoyed your wonderful videos...so cute and funny! Hope your back is better and don't fall down anymore steps, letting alone while juggling a cup of coffee!

KANDIE...thanks for the one-sheet wonder...I love those...I have a Pinterest Board for those! It's already been added!

Welcome DAGMAR, SHELLY, and LIZ...nice to see you here...I know I've met you elsewhere on SCS and commenting on my cards and me on yours! Welcome back Vickster...good to see you chatting again...I was worried about you, and ANNETTE as well!

Whatever happened with Jennifer aka Dreams in Pink, I haven't heard or seen anything of her around SCS. I know she was having some health issues way back when she was still chatting, and Dani, our previous hostess...is all well or better with her?

Well...I'll close for now...even for a Northwest night owl, it's time for my bed!
2019 Christmas Card Challenge 3/24. Alphabet Challenge, Round 10 - 7/26.

Last edited by Chatterbox-1; 10-11-2019 at 02:27 PM..
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:32 AM   #904
Gabfest Goddess

Mahalos Fairy Much Everyone for all the blessings and well wish that I've received along the way to my birthday this year !!! Along with all those I mentioned before I received your today Sis Kathy . It as gorgeous as always Mahalos Fairy Much Sis for the goodies tucked in them!! Again Mahalo to everyone I'm truely blessed to have all of you!!
muscrat, Art Deco Diva, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:29 AM   #905
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Vickster happy Birthday to you. I hope you have a great day.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:35 AM   #906
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Vickster, Happy. Birthday to you!
Old 10-11-2019, 07:01 AM   #907
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Happy Birthday, dear Victoria!! Hope your day is headache free and maybe cooler temps!!!

Carlene, so good to have you back!!! What cute little granddaughters!! Glad your surgeries are done!! Prayers for your dear spouse! I think your spouse might need a teapotters event to perk him up! Think about it!

It's a horrible day here, heavy rains and pretty dark! I've got baking again to do today!! So I am hoping the power doesn't go out!

Hello everyone! Hope everyone has a good day!!
Art Deco Diva, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:44 AM   #908
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS VICKI! Hope your day is stress free and full of joy and sunshine! LOVE YOU! I checked post office site and your card should arrive a day late. M-WAH and big HUGS!
annsforte3, Art Deco Diva, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:20 AM   #909
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm off for a day of mural painting again! I sure have been sleeping good! LOL
Morning funny: "I went to the paint store to get thinner...

it didn't work!"
smadson, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:56 AM   #910
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
I'm off for a day of mural painting again! I sure have been sleeping good! LOL
Morning funny: "I went to the paint store to get thinner...

it didn't work!"

You made me laugh! I had to think a minute, though!
your squirrel was fabulous.

I have been pricing stuff for the craft garage sale.
Should be writing.
Someone ask what we are writing? She asked us to write down at least six pivotal moments in our lives. Then she said choose one, and write a story.

These are to be memoirs, not autobiographical. In other words, more feelings, rather than facts. She gave us a couple of chapters from two different books to read to get the idea, and we talked about styles and parts of a story. It was really interesting. The thing is, I am better at night in bed thinking how to write it than I am when I get to the pen & paper! LOL

Oh, and just got my brushes (DTGD PRize) from Picket Fence, so would rather play! LOL
I had filled my form out wrong, is why they took so long. After that, I am surprised, Lydia still let me have a prize! I am a bad girl!
Old 10-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #911
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies.

Happy birthday, Victoria. I hope your day is filled with joyful and happy things.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 10-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #912
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday to Victoria......Sending my wishes for a wonderful day for you!

Shirl
Old 10-11-2019, 12:40 PM   #913
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy birthday Sis Victoria! I hope you have an awesome birthday and an awesome year too! Love, Karen.
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:03 PM   #914
Gabfest Goddess

Mahalos Fairy Much Everyone!!!
Extra kisses and Mahalos Fairy Fairy Much for those of you who spoilt me we extra loving and brought me to my knees knowing how much I'm loved!!I love ya back mostest!!

Everyone here reminds me how lucky and blessed I am to have met all of you !!
As well as for many on scs!!
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:25 PM   #915
Mad Swapper

Good morning ALL!

VICKI: HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, again....have a delightful, endearing day!

Thanks Ann! I'll think on the Tea Party, but not sure he's ready to admit things are at the start of looking pretty grim. We may get more info on how fast or slow the macular degeneration might advance. We all are not really sure when his Mom's started getting really bad, but she quit driving at 84 and she lived to 97...almost 98.
I am so thankful my 94-year old Mom's hearing and eyesight are really good; she is not feeble, and she still drives. She is amazing...I want to be like her, minus her asthma, which is her only big problem.

I'm planning a trip to visit my Mom and sister in Redding, California. I have not had a long visit with them since my double knee replacement and double hand surgeries that all started back in April 2017. I used to go twice a year for at least 4 weeks each time.

Hubby and I are leaving next week. We are taking the RV, and he is going further south to see his brothers and sisters in the Sacramento area (Rocklin, Carmichael, & Vacaville) while I will stay mostly in Redding for about 4 weeks and fly home. He likes to take the RV to sleep in so he is not disturbing everyone and can just park it outside his brothers.

ANN: Hope your husband gets use to his sleep machine. My son has one and he sleeps much better, though it took time to get use to it as well. Same with a good friend of mine, and both he and she are sleeping better as well!

JAYNE: Congrats on your golf trophy...what an honor! We need you back in your craft room!

GRACIE...love your fence painting...sounds like a fun project.

KANDIE: Love your paint colors...it's similar to those my daughter and I used in painting one of her beach house bedrooms...we call it the Ocean Room (each bedroom upstairs was named according to where the window looked out, i.e., Tillamook Room...looked toward Tillamook Head (toward Tillamook, Oregon), Seaside Room...looked toward downtown Seaside, etc.

CATHERINE...hope you got your electricity back, you didn't lose too much in your refrigerator/ freezer, the winds and weather was not too severe, and things are getting back to normal. We have had electricity out for as long as 6 days in the past and we do lose power at least 1 to 2 times a year now. It used to be more like 4 to 5 but now that more people have built out our way it's less. We do have a small generator that we got from Costco over 15 years ago. We hook it up, usually, to freezer & refrigerators in garage and in the house to living room gas fireplace fan, lamp, and radio. If we are really out a long time, John can also switch it to the gas furnace to make the fan run to warm up the whole a house a little and then back to frig/ freezer. We do not have a fancy built in generator to convert the whole house over, but we make due, and also use our LED camping lanterns. We do have a gas water heater now (converted to natural gas about 20 years ago...before the house was all electric) so showers are wonderful, but I hate no blow dryer or curling iron!

Well...got to start laundry to start my packing and needs to do 3 sympathy cards...that are past due, but wanted them to know I was thinking of them at the time.
2019 Christmas Card Challenge 3/24. Alphabet Challenge, Round 10 - 7/26.
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:27 PM   #916
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Wow, I missed so much! I have been reading and reading!!!

Just a quick drop in, we are out in California, near Santa Rosa for a wedding. Lol, no power until today, so yesterday our Airbnb cancelled us! Yikes- we did find another, but it’s 50 minutes away . Oh well. It will be beautiful, and we have flashlights with us!!!

Waving hello to all!!!

Shelly
annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:46 PM   #917
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Wow, I missed so much! I have been reading and reading!!!

Just a quick drop in, we are out in California, near Santa Rosa for a wedding. Lol, no power until today, so yesterday our Airbnb cancelled us! Yikes- we did find another, but it’s 50 minutes away . Oh well. It will be beautiful, and we have flashlights with us!!!

Waving hello to all!!!

Shelly
Giggles !! Sounds like an adventure!!
It's Just crazy tho that they would turn it off purposely .
Well they definitely will have. A wedding to. Remember and tell their grand kids
annsforte3, shirlb19 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:01 PM   #918
Proud Fan Club Member

This is NOT to get more views or comments on my Frankenstein box, but you have to take a long look at it. Sometimes it looks like I used the grass die on the black hair (which I did) but sometimes it looks like I used it on the green. An optical illusion! Or maybe just my bad eyes? LOL

Frankenstein Treat Box by muscrat - at Splitcoaststampers

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 07:20 PM   #919
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all, making progress on the wall mural, hoping to finish tomorrow. My DD is coming up from Phoenix to celebrate my birthday and she's going to help paint tomorrow, too. Should be a fun day.

Carlene, it sounds like you're going to have busy and fun month! Safe travels!

Catherine, I sure hope things are looking up as far as getting your power back on!

Kathy, I love your Frankenstein card...it definitely is an optical illusion that makes it look like you die cut the green to put over the black!

Hi Shelly, enjoy the wedding...I sure hope they have power where it's taking place!
Old 10-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #920
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Saturday everyone. Catherine hope that you are ok. We heard on our radio that there are bush fires in California.

Have a wonderful day everyone
annsforte3, Hawaiian, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.