Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2019, 07:18 PM   #521
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

The ballgame was so fun, they got clobbered! My SIL was in heaven though. She had a ball thrown into the crowd at a game in Boston at Fenway with her, which was thrown by the shortstop Tim Anderson. We went a bit early so she could try to get it signed. She did get 2 signatures, but not Anderson.
The guys in front of us (there with their 14 yr old boys) got a text from the wife- with a pic- we were on TV when a fowl ball was hit near us! LOL

So, after company headed home late this AM, I checked in on a blogging group here, and I read that Tuesday Morning has Gina K and G45 in the stores. So, I took the 6 minute ride there. None of the above, but they had House Mouse stamps (cling)!!! I have been collecting them...very slowly over time. So went to town!

Hubby and I just watched the sesion premier of This is Us- does anyone else watch it???

P.S. I had a doc appt yesterday, and I am still on the waiting list for the Shingles shot. My insurance will not allow me to have it at a pharmacy (Walgreens, CVS). They told me in the office the supply is getting better, but still a bit of a shortage. I should have a shot in 2-3 weeks......

Shelly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
annsforte3, Hawaiian, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:38 PM   #522
Gabfest Goddess

Hahaha ...well heck at them not having it in store!! I was so Hoping and praying hard!!
Just keep in on the list for everytime you go back !! Lol
annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #523
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, yes. Like bathroom towels. They are the size of dish towels. The terry cloth they are made of absorbs water better than dishtowels I have found.

The reverse transistor modules are out of stock and they don't know if they are getting them back in. LOL.

Anyone watching the masked singer? Fun show! I have never watched This Is Us. I'm afraid I'd be too confused to start now. I thought the guy died, yet I see him on the show. So I assume there is a time jump, even without my machine! LOL. How about New Amsterdam? FANTASTIC! Just when I thought I knew who had died in the accident last season, that person showed up. Then I thought I knew again, and that person showed up! Had me going to the last scene!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
cdimick, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:03 PM   #524
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI all! I played Mahjong today and then went to neighbors for Tacos.Lot of chatting going on!

Kathy, I'm going to watch New Amsterdam tonight on Hulu. I don't watch a lot of TV, but I do watch The Voice. I'm always amazed at talented singers since I can't carry a tune at all.
Sis Vicki, it sounds like you and Jayne had a fun evening last night! Whooo Hooo!

Ann, hope you're feeling better tonight.

Catherine, there are several authentic Mexican restaurants in Wisconsin, because we have a lot of migrant workers who work on farms, apple orchards and tree farms.

Shelly, so glad you scored on the House Mouse stamps. I'm going to visit my daughter in Phoenix tomorrow. I'll have to check out Tuesdays.
mcschmidty, cdimick, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:17 PM   #525
Stazon Splitcoast

Shelly, Gina K's store is located in Greendale, WI, so that wouldn't be too great a distance for you to come and shop. Of course, you can shop on line as well.

Yes, Catherine, there are some wonderful Mexican restaurants in the greater Milwaukee area. My family loves Mexican, so that is often our Sunday lunch destination. The one we go to most often, since it's centrally located between us & DS is called Casa Tequila (yum)!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
cdimick, annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:11 PM   #526
Gabfest Goddess

We have Taco Bell in almost every city does that count? Lol
Aloha Tita!!! Oh yes Sis Jayne Made my day !! I seriously thought I was dreaming when I saw the caller I'd with her name lol . So glad it was no hoax!!
Gosh sure hope Ann is feeling better!! As well as anyone not feeling well. I myself been loaded with migraines. I try to nap them away but it don't always work. Just for the napping period most times lol I really should get back on my apnea machine. But I was getting dry mouth so bad .
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:22 PM   #527
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey Tita! My sleep apnea machine has a humidifier which helps with dryness. Does yours have that. It uses distilled water.
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:53 PM   #528
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shoot, Kathy, I was hoping they'd get them in stock and you'd have that time machine whipped right up!

Shelly, how fun to find House Mouse stamps at your Tuesday Morning!

Gracie and Melody, glad to hear there is good Mexican food there. I asked because some people who have moved away from here have mentioned that they couldn't find good Mexican food wherever they moved to.

Melody, it would be so much fun to visit Gina K's store.

Ha, no Vickster, Taco Bell does not count! In Southern California I had a Mexican co-worker, his wife cooked such FABULOUS food. He would say to me, "My daughters like Taco Bell...I just can't understand it, how could they like Taco Bell?!" And compared to his wife's cooking, I couldn't understand it either!

Poor DH, he woke up with a headache and it has stuck with him all day long. It was a warm one today, more pleasant tomorrow and it might even be cold by the weekend. Go figure.
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:13 PM   #529
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
Hey Tita! My sleep apnea machine has a humidifier which helps with dryness. Does yours have that. It uses distilled water.
Mine does too. They say it's supposed to help but for me it doesn't . I may have something else that's causing it who knows the dr I had didn't seem to be very caring or cared she really had a bad attitude and all she ever did was write scripts and referrals and simple tests that never got to the issues . She was really bad requested for medical supplies that our insurance covered and she said ok but we never got it . One of the scripts she was suppose to for things took four months never came so I went and called everyday and everyday the same thing they would say they sent when I called come to find out the company they went to does not take our insurance and how in the heck she don't get to the right company? Because she doesn't care as long as she got paid for her office visit seems to all she cared about. I called and bugged and found out all this I located the company that does supply and except our insurance and found they too didn't have the script from her . Which can't be processed unless they have the dr subscription so me and the supplier worked together got after the dr office took the fax number and name of agent and I called dr reception and got after her . Who always claims they sent it . But yeah I had to do all the ground work for something that should be so simple on her part. Well guess what same thing happening with me and Mitch's wheelchairs. Mine was asked for over a year now but since I'm good with my Walker that we purchased out of pocket I'm socknof her so didn't bother but now Mitch needs his since he is confined to a wheelchair and yes it's been months again and again I'm chasing the supplier and they saying the same thing she has not put in the script so negligent. I am and have been looking for a new dr but it anit as easy here with not enough drs like not enough teachers it's a epidemic here . Many has closed and moved to the mainland . Cost of living I guess is to hard for all and truth be told many of these professionals went into the field for the money and the way it cost here they sure not getting their college loans paid off as quickly as they hoped and on top to live in what should be paradise lol
Old 09-25-2019, 10:17 PM   #530
Gabfest Goddess

It's pretty much what's available here. I'm sure there are some out of the way places we don't know of but as far as I know that's the best closest to us! There is one we know of out north shore way but it has already been on the news for tainted food ...once they get that kind of publicity here they pretty much going to need to pray that the tourists will not hear of it because that the only way they gonna stay open here or chance their name and location
Old 09-25-2019, 10:22 PM   #531
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Catherine, sorry to hear about your DH's headache! So annoying when it won't go away. Hopefully, cooler weather will help.

Sis Vicki, so sad that a Dr. would not make the effort to take care of the prescription and get it to the right company. The small town I live in Arizona is losing Dr.s too. The Dr.s here won't take new patients, so I hope I don't get sick!

Well, kids, I'm driving down to Phoenix to see my daughter tomorrow, so I'm off to bed! Gracie says, "Goodnight!" Hugs
Old 09-25-2019, 10:39 PM   #532
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Goodnight, Gracie! Sweet dreams!

Vickster, that is terrible that the doctor doesn't even bother to get the prescription to the right place. I think we are going to experience a doctor shortage everywhere with the changes to how they can practice medicine.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:11 AM   #533
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Catherine- I think so as well- what is the incentive for docs to go into medicine anymore- with all of the medical malpractice!!! You will see more PA's and NP's in the future with the shortage!

So, I had an overnight sleep study and have mild sleep apnea. I was told to loose 20 LBS or get a mouth guard that brings your jaw forward. They told me I have obstructive sleep apnea. The neck collar I wear is a soft cervical collar you see people wear after surgery, etc.... It helps me.
My husband has central sleep apnea- he is 6' and thin, so the doc did not send him right away, but I insisted. He is able to wear a mouth guard that pulls your jaw forward. The episodes of stopping breathing and snoring do not occur when he wears the mouth guard.
Before the mouth guard, he was told to try wearing a shirt that has inflatable tubes on the back- it keeps you on your side (because of the tubes it is uncomfortable to lay on your back). That helped with the snoring, but he still stopped breathing. He finally got sick of sleeping on his side, and gave in and got the mouth guard.

I know there has been a correlation with Sleep Apnea and Atrial Fib- which is an irregular heart rate- you have to go on a blood thinner and it really increases your risk of strokes. So, I am a nag with hubby wearing his mouth guard. So far, so good!

Melody- so sorry about your sister : ( My Mom lived with me a bit over 2 years and had Cognitive issues- but knew enough that she could not remember things. But, she was very pleasant- happy all of the time and loved to laugh alot.

Vicky- I would be calling the office everyday and nagging the nurse in the offfice for a prescription until they could not stand it anymore or gave you an order so you would stop calling. Sometimes its the doc's and sometimes it is an inefficient office! LOL

I am hoping all of the headaches and fever/chills are gone soon- like ASAP!

Gracie- enjoy Phoenix and safe travels!

I was able to go to Gina K's once- almost 2 years ago- a group of us bloggers that are in a group here on Splitcoast met there! I think there were 8 of us. It was really fun- and I was shocked at how huge her store is!!! I would love to go back sometime!

Off to bed- up way to late tonight!!!

Shelly
Old 09-26-2019, 04:46 AM   #534
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Thursday. Hope everyone is well and those who are going on trips...enjoy.

I’m wearing my sunnies indoors as everything is still bright. I’ve had my eyes dilated twice today...once was enough. I’ve had 2 pressure tests done and looked up, down, left, right, up left, up right, down left, down right, straight ahead so many times today I’m dizzy. I also didn’t get to a high tea I was supposed to go to. It’s been a strange day.

I’m ready for bed...in fact I was ready at 5pm lol.
Was so so cool to chat with sis Vicki yesterday. She sounded so American to me lol. I’m not sure what she thought of me...I was like a kid in a lolly shop lol....plus I have a strong English accent lol.

Have a wonderful day everyone..I’ll be back tomorrow. Trying not to stay on long with my eyes being dicky..lol.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #535
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning and happy Thursday!

Gracie, good heavens, I thought an overnight sleep test meant I take it home and actually wear it overnight. I had no idea it was done in an office!!! WOW. I’d better head over there tomorrow morning and get it done and take a book with me!! Thanks for the detailed description. Goo all over my head? I sure don’t like that part, lol.

Kathy, I have gotten hooked, I have no idea how, on near-future sci-fi books, I think watching so many Star Trek spinoffs is getting to me. Voyager takes place on a space station, so my latest book is about a group of astronauts flying to the International Space Station to see why the signals were no longer being sent to Earth. Your reverse transistor module sounds exactly like a part that might have burnt out in the space station, LOL. Maybe you should check with NASA to see if they have the part!

Shelly, I make it a point to stay out of Tuesday Mornings simply because of their fun craft area. I ALWAYS find things I want but don’t need! I have cut off completely going to any craft stores for the last several months. I have been focusing updating my wardrobe. Now that my foot has been fixed, I can finally find shoes that fit both feet. Except there has developed a different kind of problem now. The screw holding down the other screw that pulls my big toe closer to the second toe is close to the surface of my skin. I can feel it easily. Now only very soft-toe shoes work. Anything too stiff makes my toes ache. Sigh.

Kathy, how does the Masked Singer work? We have enjoyed watching the new season of our favorites, NCIS, Bull, 9-1-1. But I see McGyver is being held back to January, which is a bummer.

Catherine, how is your hubby’s headache today? I am on day 5 of no naps. This morning I have a slight headache. And DH’s cold has turned out to be allergies. They are HIGH in our area this year, worse than usual.

And the mosquito warnings top the news. That horrible EEE, eastern equine encephalitis, threat in Michigan, which is about 15 minutes from us, is spreading fast. Long sleeves and bug spray dominate the news.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:37 AM   #536
Proud Fan Club Member

Speaking of updating a wardrobe, I ordered a pair of soft leather boots in a lovely caramel color, rated highly on Amazon and a good budget price, and they arrived yesterday. I showed DH, he liked them, but commented that they might not last long as they weren’t that much, and paying more money for quality pays off in the long run.

I mulled that over, and agree, so today I ordered a short leather jacket to match that was by no means budget friendly. I will be paying on it for a while, but it’s his fault, so I better not hear about it, lol!

Old 09-26-2019, 07:54 AM   #537
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Kandie! Ha, ha, ha...I thought you were going to say you returned the boots and then, I read on and see you bought a leather jacket! That will teach DH to give you advice! ROFLOL
Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:55 AM   #538
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok, a few comical occurrences that I have not written about lately.

First, DH occasionally during the night forgets to put the toilet seat down and I have fallen into the toilet a time or two and have read him the riot act. Well, the other night I was awakened by a loud Yelp from the bathroom. You guessed it, he had gone earlier and forgotten to put the seat down, and this time it was him who fell in!

Every morning DH is up first, and he starts the coffee and then snoozes in his recliner till he hears me talking to Dusty. Then he gets up, turns off the alarm so I can take her out, and he gets me a cup of coffee, and also gets Dusty’s little metal water dish out of the dish drainer because this weird dog likes a sip of my coffee in the morning. He was half asleep yesterday morning. Instead of the water dish, he brought me a metal measuring cup I had left in the dish drainer, lol.

And then my own debacle, while my head hurt so bad on vacation and I stayed in the darkened hotel room, DH apparently ate something while out with his DB and SIL that did not agree with his system, and when he came back to the room he went immediately into the bathroom, and the odor that floated out woke me from a sound sleep! I pinched my nose shut and staggered to my suitcase and grabbed the bathroom spray I’d brought and sprayed it in the bedroom. Instead of spray, what came out was a stream of white. I shook it up real well and sprayed in the bathroom and another white stream came out, all over the bathroom wall. I stumbled over to the drapes that were closed and peered at the can in a bit of light.

It was my shaving cream, lol. There was foaming shaving cream all over the bedroom floor, the bathroom wall, you name it, there was shaving cream on it!

I did find the right can and sprayed all over, but I spent the next hour trying to scrub everything with my eyes in slits. And the next morning I had to scrub the carpets again because the residue had dried and turned white!

So I guess we are both idiots, lol.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:56 AM   #539
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Gracie!!! I’d say he deserved it, wouldn’t you? LOLOL

annsforte3, Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:05 AM   #540
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, LOL, it sure makes for an interesting and fun life with all of your goof ups! Here's the sign I need!

Old 09-26-2019, 08:26 AM   #541
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Showered and sheets changed but running behind on everything else. Arm is still very sore!

Kandie, I forgot to ask you if you got the second shot for the shingles vaccine yet? Wondered if they allowed it since your arm was so sore the first time.

Wow, to all the chatter!! Love it!

Don't watch tv too often so I don't know anything about the shows you are talking about. The only one I have watched now is Dancing with the Stars. Otherwise, I don't like to sit and watch tv. I did just watch the new Spiderman movie with my sons!

Gracie safe travels to Phoenix!!

Shelly, so glad you had a great time with your family!

Catherine, I hope you dear spouse feels better soon!! Hugs to him!!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:51 AM   #542
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Goodness, it was so warm last night that we actually ran the AC so we could sleep. Thankfully, today will be cooler and, by the weekend, we should be a good 40 degrees cooler for our high than it was yesterday.

Shelly, that sounds like such fun to meet a group at Gina K's store.

Jayne, yuck to having your eyes dilated twice in one day. That sounds like quite the eye exam.

Kandie, I took note of the "goo all over your head" part too! I have also been enjoying the premiers of favorite shows, especially NCIS. I'm not surprised that MacGyver has been held back to January. I wondered if they would even bring it back without Jack. He really was an important part of the re-booted show, in my opinion.

DH's headache was still there this morning but not as bad as when he went to bed. On your list of headache causes, an afternoon nap is definitely not the cause of his headache. Poor guy. And DD2 is home, asleep in her bed today, poor girl.

Too funny, Kandie, I thought the same thing about the boots that Gracie did!

Speaking of purchases, I was so excited yesterday (on the hottest day of this week) to find some winter slippers that I liked. I haven't had winter slippers for a couple of years because my favorite winter slipper wore out and I couldn't find another pair that I liked so I've made do with ballet style slippers that I use the rest of the year. When it actually gets cold (I know, not as cold as where some of you live), the ballet slippers weren't really warm enough.

Love your funnies, Kandie. I'd say it serves him right about falling in the toilet! Hopefully that will help him remember to put it down! The shaving cream story is funny...and painful thinking of you cleaning it up with your bad headache!

Gracie, that sign is hilarious! You are headed to your daughter's today, right? Have fun!

Goodness, Ann, your arm is still sore? When did you get the shot? Seems like your arm should be better by now.

I used to watch Dancing with the Stars but the last time I tried it from ABC's website, it didn't play smoothly so I haven't tried again. I did find it amusing to watch and the progress some of them made was incredible. I'd like to work out with the professional dancers because it seemed to me that the "stars" had incredible flexibility and I don't believe they all had it to begin with. I'd like to work into flexibility like that!

Thanks, Ann, for the well wishes for DH.
annsforte3, Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:05 AM   #543
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, I had the shot on Monday morning!! I know it is still sore! Not as bad but painful still to try and sleep on my left side.

I think I need to speak with my doctor to see if I should have the second dose.
Chatterbox-1, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:35 AM   #544
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, what happened to jack on Macgiver? I don't watch it anymore so I'm curious.

The masked singer is fun. They have people in costumes so you don't know who they are. Could be singers, could be athletes or anyone famous. It is so hush hush who they are that when they come to practice they wear mask and shirts that say do not talk to me! They sing and a panel tries to guess who they were by clues given or their voices when singing. At the beginning they compete against each other, two at a time but when they get whittled down to a handful they each sing and one gets eliminated each week. Last night two were eliminated. I guessed Johnny Weir from the clues, but I had no idea who the other guy was! I guess he's a famous youtuber called ninja? that would be my nightmare. To be a famous person at least in my own eyes and when unmasks no one would know who I was! How embarrassing would that be

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #545
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Popping in quickly at work, shh, don't tell!

Ann, that seems like a long time for your arm to be sore but I'm certainly no professional. I haven't had a shot in ages so I'm no one to judge by.

Kathy, the actor who played Jack wanted off the show. The story I read was that when he signed to do MacGyver, filming was taking place in the LA area but then they moved it to Atlanta. His family (including baby daughter) are in LA and filming in Atlanta didn't give him enough family time, so he wanted off the show. I have no idea if that is the real story but that is what I heard.
muscrat, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #546
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I just read the rest of your comment about the Masked Singer. I haven't watched the show but have heard about it. If the famous person is a Youtuber, I most likely wouldn't know them - unless they are a crafter! However, my girls might know who ninja is. I'll have to ask them.

OK, back to work.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:49 AM   #547
Proud Fan Club Member

How many is too many before you stop feeding them? LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Last edited by muscrat; 09-26-2019 at 11:53 AM..
Old 09-26-2019, 11:51 AM   #548
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, did they kill his character off or did he ride off into the sunset? LOL
Isn't he the guy who played on CSI?

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #549
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Cute raccoon video! That would be expensive feeding all of those guys!

I'm posting a funny "K" card and then leaving for Phoenix! Have a great day!
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:54 PM   #550
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

They didn't kill him off, he had to take some special assignment. I don't remember the details exactly but it was important that he be involved in this special assignment so he had to leave. Something to do with his CIA days or something.

Yes, he is the guy who was on CSI and had issues on that show, as I recall. I'm hoping the story I read about the filming location changing and he wanted to be with his family more is a true story.

Have fun in Phoenix, Gracie.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:08 PM   #551
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay! I just heard from DD1 and, because she had the dated receipt from Les Schwab in her car, her Psych professor is going to let her take the test she missed yesterday.
lacyquilter, muscrat, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:21 PM   #552
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Yay! I just heard from DD1 and, because she had the dated receipt from Les Schwab in her car, her Psych professor is going to let her take the test she missed yesterday.
That's wonderful! That's exactly what I was thinking....show the professor her receipt! Cool!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 05:50 PM   #553
Proud Fan Club Member

About Jack, I’ve read in several articles that George Eads (is that right?) was difficult to work with and would argue with the people filming the show. What I read said he walked off the set during filming, and that was that. But I agree, it just isn’t McGyver without Jack. Too bad he brings on these situations, if the different articles are to be believed. He may start finding it difficult to get work.

Ann, I have another doctor appoint mid-October. I will ask about my follow-up shingles shot then. And yes, mine also hurt for many days. Too many days!

Old 09-26-2019, 06:02 PM   #554
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I know George Eads was difficult to work with on CSI so wouldn't find it hard to believe that he was being difficult on MacGyver. But I'm hoping it really is because they changed states for filming locations. I agree, Kandie, if it is because he is being difficult, he may find employment difficult to locate.

Kathy, she said she asked the professor if he got her email about the flat tire. He then asked for proof and she went to get the receipt from the car while the class discussed the test. She is going to take it tomorrow after her work shift.
muscrat, annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:17 PM   #555
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post

Wow! That's great! A professor who has common sense and fairness! LOL
muscrat, annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:25 PM   #556
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, I agree that is fantastic that your daughter gets to take the test, Catherine!

All those raccoons!! Why would anyone start feeding that many??? Expensive! And they will only multiply! Was cute though!

Gracie, hope you had a good drive to Phoenix!!

Night all!
muscrat, Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:03 PM   #557
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good night Ann! Hope your arm is feeling better. I made it safely to Phoenix. We watched the Packer game and unfortunately, they lost! BooHooo!
Chatterbox-1, Hawaiian and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:16 PM   #558
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie enjoy time with your DD and shop up big lol

Ann hope your arm and you are feeling better.

Kandie I laughed so loud when I read that you had purchased the jacket to match your boots..lol. Classic. Loved reading about your goofs....I thought I was the only one with calamity in my name lol.

Sleep apnea..so wish hubby would go and be tested. They send you to a clinic here to sleep overnight.

Catherine, so happy to read that your DD can take her exam. Good luck to her. Hope that your DH is feeling better. I wondered whether all the sanding, staining and painting may be affecting him too?

I’ve just been for blood tests and to see what’s causing my blurred vision. Touch wood, it’s ok today but I have woken with a headache...hoping coffee will fix it.

Hi to everyone else. I’m sure I’ve missed lots of chatter but thank you to everyone for the laughs today and Kathy thanks for the video. Have a wonderful day.
Hawaiian, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:26 PM   #559
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, hope they can figure out why your vision goes blurry! Encourage DH to get tested for sleep apnea. I did it because I was concerned about the risk of a stroke from having sleep apnea. Sure didn't want that to happen.

Hope your headache is better and enjoy your day!

I do plan to go shopping tomorrow: Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joann's and Tuesday Morning. Of course, I don't plan on buying anything...just looking! LOL My daughter works tomorrow, so I have to do something right?!!! LOL
Chatterbox-1, Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:55 AM   #560
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, good morning!

Dear Hubby is back in good form. . He’s leaving in a few minutes to help with a house clean out, so he made himself what was supposed to be a warm and healthy breakfast, oatmeal with sugar-Free fruit cocktail stirred in, one of his favorite morning dishes. He opened the can of fruit, and scooped out some to stir in his oatmeal, only it wasn’t fruit, it was beets. He’d opened the wrong can, lol. He told me DH strikes again, only the D stood for Dumb, not Dear!

Catherine, good for a logical professor, and GREAT for your DD for hanging on to that receipt!

Gracie, we also watched the Packers/Eagles game but went to bed before it was over. Packers were ahead then. DH checked the score first thing this morning. Boo from here too on the Eagles win.

Jayne, have you ever heard of an ophthalmic migraine? It’s in the eyes, blurry vision directly in the center of the eye so that everything you look at is blurry but the peripheral vision is clear. I had one once, and it is incredibly difficult to function. Thank goodness it didn’t last long. I hope your blood tests give a confirmed determination of the problem. So sorry for your headache, take it easy.

I’m on day 6 of no naps and no extreme morning headache, but I have a low-level one and itchy eyes. Darn ragweed is terrible out right now.

Regarding ordering the leather coat, well, I am sometimes just so illogical. I pay off my Macy’s credit card, then DH says something dumb like he did, and I buy a leather coat, lol. The fun thing is, it will arrive while he’s on his fishing trip, so I can hang it in the closet like it’s been there all along! He just grins at me when I do that stuff. He knows I have transferred my shopping splurging from crafts to clothes!!!

I showed him a pair of animal print shoes I had bought, rather ugly, with the yellow-brown or caramel or luggage or whatever the shade is called, and black spots. He frowned. I pulled up a Pinterest outfit to show him, animal print shoes, skinny jeans, black top, and watch with the band the same color of brown. I said isn’t this cool? He said, if you say so, lol. He teases me about wanting to be a mature woman fashion plate, while it’s amazing if his t-shirt and jeans don’t look like they’ve been wrinkled up together in a ball for a year.

Chatterbox-1, Hawaiian, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.