Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-29-2020, 05:38 AM   #4761
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning. We are watching the Sunday news about Las Vegas being totally shut down. Never in their history have they closed.

Winds up to 45 mph today. Our next door neighbor is a sweet man, maybe in his 60s. He’s a quiet person who says hello once in a while. His yard is always immaculate. DH fondly calls him the Stick Man, because every time the wind blows hard and bits and pieces fall from trees, he is always outside picking up sticks. . He’ll sure have a bunch to pickup after today!

Kathy, the daily news is heartbreaking, no doubt about it. We are to the point of just turning off the tv or muting the volume. And the scammers are out in force, trying to cheat people out of money. Karma is a nasty judge, and I firmly believe that what goes around does come around. So yes, turn off or mute the tv. Cry if you need to. I’m on antidepressants so I rarely cry. My anxiety reaction is an upset stomach and an extreme flare up of the psoriasis all over. We are all suffering in our own way.

Hugs to you, sweet lady. And to all of you.

I’ve gotten two cards totally finished and posted for VSN and am happy with the results so far. Then I hit a mental roadblock and took a break to watch some tv, lol.

People are becoming so creative during this social distancing time! I saw the story on tv of a birthday boy whose relatives helped him celebrate by driving by his house slowly and singing Happy Birthday out the car windows, the cars decorated with cheerful signs and writing. And the same for couples getting married with just themselves and a minister outside, and the wedding guests all attending by staying in their cars to celebrate. Kind of like a drive-in theater, lol. I just love it!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
AnnetteMac, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:43 AM   #4762
Proud Fan Club Member

And did you see where Peyton Manning interrupted a college video class to cheer everyone on and give them a great pep talk?

annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:25 AM   #4763
Proud Fan Club Member

Your DH would call me the stick lady! I also pick up sticks...but some are really big. We mow and don't want to run over those with the tractor. We have maple, red maple, poplar trees and some are old with rotted branches from damage from storms before. I usually pick up the branches when I go up to the burning Barrel. Its a little exercise too, which I need. I remember a couple of years ago there was a huge branch stuck between two trees and mom was worried it would fall on someone so I lasso's the branch and then pulled a rope from my BIL's climbing gear around it. Then DS and DH pulled on it until it broke. DS ended up on his butt, and we had a good laugh. I think I have pictures somewhere.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:22 AM   #4764
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I have finished some of the challenges but I will get to the others tomorrow and Tueasday. Today DH and I are going to play a board game with our DD and future SIL over video. We'll get to hear the whole story of the proposal.

My Gallery
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:52 AM   #4765
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Annette, how fun to play a game over video! Hooray for the engagement!

Kandie, sorry to hear about your skin, hope things settle down.

Catherine, driving? Are they allowing it in your state? Or just necessity runs?

It's still raining here. It really hit hard about 11:00 P.M. Very heavy rains and strong winds. Dreary and grey skies all day today.

I need to sew a few masks today, as spouse and I have to go out on Tuesday to the attorney. Just in the nick of time, getting our will/trust done. We will stay in the car and they will bring the documents out to us. Strange times for sure. I still want to take precautions. Good think I have a small amount of elastic to use.

Need to go eat something and take care of the dogs. Then it's commenting for VSN.

Maybe creating if I get the masks made today!
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:52 AM   #4766
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok, morning chores are done! I’m ready to dive into VSN on my projects again. And Kathy, DH would definitely call you the Stick Lady if he saw you out as well. . What he doesn’t say is, although he’s not out every day or sometimes twice a day like the neighbor, he does go out and pick up sticks and branches now and then and throw them into his trash bin on wheels. He just doesn’t like to be called predictable, lol.

AnnetteMac, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:54 AM   #4767
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. Windy and another gray day.

DH asked me to sew him a face mask to wear shopping. He's fussy and I have mostly bright or floral fabrics for quilting. But he did manage to approve one I pulled out.

He's grilling sausages (for him) and brats (for me) for lunch. Hope he doesn't have trouble with the wind blowing out the flames. Although, I think he said the wind is from the south, so the grill should be sheltered (north side of house).
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
AnnetteMac, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:07 AM   #4768
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!

Yes, Catherine, I slept well last night, must have been the fresh air. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't get outside. That's one thing nice living up in the mountains...lots of open spaces where you’re not near any other people.

Kandie, I'm like you, my stomach gives me fits when I'm upset...I've never been a person who cries easily. My dad always said, "And, don't you cry or I'll give you something to cry about." Sheesh! Your DH is a funny guy...doesn't want to be "predictable." It seems we all have nicknames for neighbors related to their quirks.

Glad you survived the storms in Wisconsin. Wish I could send you sunny skies.

I'm planning to craft all day and work on VSN challenges today. It's going to take awhile to comment on everyone's cards!

Jayne, I hope your sinuses are better. Hugs

Thanks again to Ann and Melody and the wonderful hostesses for VSN. Sure has helped my mental health. We will get through this unpredictable time together! (((HUGS)))
Old 03-29-2020, 09:10 AM   #4769
Proud Fan Club Member

I think you can still go out driving. You don't come in contact with anyone that way. We can still go for necessities.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 03-29-2020, 09:16 AM   #4770
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, I just saw recommendations on Sunday Morning program where they said, it's important to get outside and get fresh air. Also, they showed college kids that met in cars at their old Middle School parking lot and put cars in a circle and sat in lawn chairs staying far apart chatting. Lots of people chatting on ZOOM. I'll have to check that out. I've been chatting with friends in Wisconsin through messenger app.

It's a strange time. Stay well mentally and physically! Keep reaching out to each other.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:16 AM   #4771
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Just for fun

Just for fun, what are you wearing right now? !! I'm wearing fleece pants with pink flamingos and a pink shirt and fuzzy pink socks! And FYI, when I go out to the grocery store, I do NOT change! I think they are supposed to be pajamas but I call them lounge pants to make myself feel better about wearing them out in public! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 10:21 AM   #4772
Proud Fan Club Member

our times:
We Skyped our kids & grandkids last night The One who is home from college doing it online, plays some kind of game online with 35 other students!

I just found four eye masks, the kind to cover your eyes when sleeping on a plane, all a like that I have never used. DH and I tried them on, and they cover our nose and mouth, so we can use them when going out.

I still have lots of challenges to do for VSN. And not one this weekend could I work one of the Alpha Challenges I need to do. Still 5 to do, U,V, X, Y, Q!

Kathy, prayers for you sweet encourager!
Linda, I still pray for you.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:22 AM   #4773
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I am wearing a rhinestone burgundy sweat shirt and burgundy sweat pants.
muscrat, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:24 AM   #4774
Proud Fan Club Member

My thought on this question is that probably all of us are not getting dressed for company. I'm not the guy calling Jake from State Farm!!

Daily Scripture Thread

smadson, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:36 AM   #4775
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We had rain yesterday, I thought we were supposed to have more today but not sure if it will happen. I'm working on uploading more of VSN cards, this is going to take a while! I got five uploaded last night.

Kandie, I saw photos of Vegas, they were amazing. Hard to believe no one is there. I also saw photos of a couple who cancelled their big public wedding, and just got married. Their friends found out and lined the street in their cars with signs and everything. The photos were great, what a wonderful show of support for them. I don't watch the news, I would listen to radio updates on my way to work...but now I'm not doing that either!

All this talk of picking up sticks makes me think of the Winnie the Pooh game, Pooh sticks. My girls both loved Winnie the Pooh and sometimes, when we were walking across a bridge over water, we would play Pooh sticks where you drop the stick in the water on the upstream side, then run to the other side to see whose stick made it under the bridge first. Is that a blast from the past for any of you?

Cowboy Kathy, lassoing branches! Love that story!

Fun to play board games via video Annette. I know a family who had a Zoom family board game night with locations in several states.

Ann, we are supposed to stay home for the foreseeable future and only go shopping for necessities, that includes groceries, take out from restaurants, etc. However, they are encouraging people to get outside for fresh air, etc. just practice social distancing. With so many people in this state, everywhere you go there are a lot of people. DD1 was going to go hiking with a friend but the friend called and said there were so many people at the hiking location, they decided to cancel. It isn't crowded when we walk around our neighborhood loop though.

Kandie, love that your DH doesn't want to be predictable!

Yay, Melody, for having fabric that your DH found acceptable.

Gracie, in California even in the mountains there are plenty of people! I agree, it is going to take a LOT of time to comment on cards, I think participation is extra high...imagine that!

I think each state has a slightly different approach to the shelter in place/stay at home orders.

Gracie, Zoom is how we are having staff meetings these days.

Kathy, I'm wearing black jeans, my winter slippers, a sports bra, workout shirt, and sweat shirt over that (still a little chilly this morning). The sweat shirt will come off when it warms up a little more.
AnnetteMac, smadson, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:38 AM   #4776
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, your comment about the guy calling Jake from State Farm reminded me of a joke I saw updating that. It was a picture of Jake and someone asking him what he was wearing. He was wearing a yellow hazmat suit!
muscrat, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:40 AM   #4777
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh yes, Pooh sticks! Been there, done that!! Truth be told, I still do!

Daily Scripture Thread

AnnetteMac, cdimick, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:42 AM   #4778
Proud Fan Club Member

Isn't it funny how quickly these jokes come out? I'm not that fast when it comes to the jokes, but I get a giggle from those who are!

Daily Scripture Thread

AnnetteMac, cdimick, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #4779
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, that one cracked me up. Today I saw a silly post about "Can I take a shower now? Or are we still just washing our hands?!"
Old 03-29-2020, 10:46 AM   #4780
Proud Fan Club Member

DH liked that one!

Daily Scripture Thread

cdimick, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:49 AM   #4781
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm wearing normal day wear. t-shirt and leggings --- and shoes only because the Dr. ordered.
Attached Thumbnails
img_2764.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, smadson, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:16 PM   #4782
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm wearing cotton black pants (they are dressy) but I always wear them or jeans with a polo shirt and a zipped up sweat shirt in black! Shoes are always on since the dogs make a mess with their water and I would have wet socks all the time.
AnnetteMac, smadson, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:18 PM   #4783
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Forgot to update you on my flower step stool!

Contacted my charge company and they gave me my money back.

Contacted the company I purchased the step stool from again telling them I am not paying for nor am I driving out to take their mistake to a FedEx place.

They replied, we will issue a refund, but would you hold onto the box of flowers and return it when all of this virus is over.
smadson, muscrat, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:24 PM   #4784
Stazon Splitcoast

Melody, Thanks for pretty Butterfly card. And the kind words. Nice to know you are thinking of me. I miss my crafting days.
DCinkit, smadson, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:59 PM   #4785
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, I did see a post about putting your jeans on every few days because sweat pants/yoga pants/pajama pants aren't going to tell the truth about weight! Made me crack up because I don't have any of those other kinds, I always wear jeans or, in the right kind of weather, shorts.

Ann, hard to believe that want you to hang on to the flowers to ship back when this is all over!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:01 PM   #4786
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I have two more VSN cards to upload, then I still need to make the third mini, the one with white flowers. Then I'll have them all done.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:10 PM   #4787
Stazon Splitcoast

You're welcome, Linda!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:17 PM   #4788
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I have uploaded all my VSN cards now - yay! After uploading all of them starting last night and finishing today, I've decided I need a random card naming generator! Honestly, I think that is one of hardest parts! I have some real lame titles this time too.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:46 PM   #4789
Proud Fan Club Member

I have the same problem too Catherine.

My Gallery
Old 03-29-2020, 05:14 PM   #4790
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh I agree with you about naming cards. Sometimes I sit there waiting to upload just due to the name!

Catherine, my spouse told me that we are going to charge them storage fees as it is not a small box!
Old 03-29-2020, 06:01 PM   #4791
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Glad to know I'm not alone with the card naming thing!

Good luck collecting the storage fees, Ann!
Old 03-29-2020, 08:10 PM   #4792
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sat and relaxed and watched the new Dr. Dolittle! Fun movie but it seems the voice of Dolittle was so soft most of the time we were always trying to hear what he was saying over the music. Still entertaining!

While we were watching an Amazon delivery came, and the poor driver ended up in our ditch backing down the driveway. It took a big flat bed truck to come and get the van out. Wander what our grass looks like now? People were moving around and no one hurt so that is the most important. I do feel sorry for the driver.

Night all! No crafting for me yet, hope to get to some this week!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:23 PM   #4793
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lots of chat today.

Today, I did some video messaging over Messenger with 4 friends from Wisconsin. It was fun to talk and show each other what crafts we were working on. They were suppose to be at a craft retreat this week, so they decided we'd craft together over Messenger. At one point, we decided to put on heavy makeup, bright lipstick and eye shadow, and style our hair. Our husbands thought we were a bunch of nuts! Such fun, like being a teenager again!

Catherine, way to go to get all your cards done and uploaded! Wow! Naming cards does become hard after awhile!

I made 3 more cards today. I think I have 8 left. I guess I did too much talking video chatting and not enough crafting. LOL

We saw Dr. Dolittle at the movie theater Ann. Such a fun movie! Oh, I feel so bad for the delivery drive who ended up in your ditch. Poor guy!

I love your leggings Melody! Kathy, those pink flamingo pants sound awesome, too! I'm a blue jean girl, like Catherine.

Hi Sharon, great work on VSN so far! I haven't had time to comment on cards. I've seen some but have only commented on a few so far.

Hi Annette, Linda, Shirl, Kandie and anyone else checking in!

Hope everyone has a good night or day...depending on where you live. Hope you're feeling better Jayne!
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:39 PM   #4794
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ann, I read complaints about not being able to hear the dialog over the music for some TV shows I like to watch and I'm beginning to wonder if it is a setting on the person's TV because I didn't notice that problem when I watched the same episode they are talking about. Not sure if that is it, but have wondered.

That poor delivery driver! Glad no one was hurt.

Gracie, I would have loved to see photos of you and your Wisconsin friends with your heavy make up and styled hair! What fun!

I have really missed Vickster for this VSN.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:55 AM   #4795
Proud Fan Club Member

The people on The People’s Court this morning...
Attached Thumbnails
ce826f4a-8a17-4799-b604-f9eeebf58a15.jpeg  

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:12 AM   #4796
Proud Fan Club Member

I am wearing my usual daily outfit, jeans, colorful stretchy loose t-shirt, and my moccasins. I have about 15 of the same brand of t-shirts in all colors and patterns because I like them so much!

I’m grumpy today. A lady in one of the tv court shows had one of those nasally grating voices that draaaggg at the end of each sentence, and she just rubbed all the insulation off my last nerve. Then DH started imitating her, AGGGHH! I think I need a bit of social distancing in the manner of my craft room, lol. Time to finish some more cards!

Old 03-30-2020, 07:54 AM   #4797
Proud Fan Club Member

I am still in pjs this morning. I did my PT , and we had banana nut bread for breakfast that I baked yesterday. I have two card finished to photograph and several other partially done. I haven’t looked at today’s challenges. I guess I should. Not very motivated today! LOL no tv here. We usually don’t turn on until late afternoon for Jeopardy. Although, I guess hubby turns it on downstairs to have on while he naps.usually sports, but none of that is good, old reruns, and I mean old, 1982! I hope to walk again today, but it is cooler now. Yesterday 70, today, furnace is running!
BTW Good Morning!
Old 03-30-2020, 08:42 AM   #4798
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I had figured out all my alpha challenges for this last round in with my vsn challenges and then forgot to include the keywords and descriptions. I went back in this morning and edited them. Fortunately, I only had 7 of them uploaded. I have 3 more made but not photographed and have the day to myself to create after I run to the post office. I also have to figure out 4 more alpha cards. I'm hoping to be done this round just in time for the next!

My Gallery

Last edited by AnnetteMac; 03-30-2020 at 08:56 AM..
mcschmidty, smadson, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:47 AM   #4799
Proud Fan Club Member

My DH was in the bathroom at the medicine cabinet getting his pills, and I walked in to get mine. He poked me in the shoulder with a fingertip to move to the window and said I should go outside and stand by the window, as that was approximately 6 feet and I should be practicing social distancing.

I told him he could practice it in the garage all day if he didn’t knock it off, lol.

Another card for VSN wrapped up! On to straighten up the kitchen and then to finish the next card! Whoohoo!

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:56 AM   #4800
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good funny Kandie! I think we're all going to be on our "last nerve" soon with this social distancing. Your DH is so funny! I'll have to check out your cards! I'm going to try to do some more VSN today, too.

Yum, Sharon, banana bread sounds yummy.

Catherine, we should do a makeup challenge and post pictures! ROFLMBO Yes, I miss Sis Vicki too. I wonder how she's doing with this social distancing.

Annette, I had to go back through my ABC challenge cards and add some key words. I found a couple that I had done incorrectly. I'm so glad Ann told us how to add our own name to see all of our challenges in one place. That helped me check out what I'd done and what letters I'd missed.

Hope everyone has a great day! I read a little news and then go craft to keep from getting down.
AnnetteMac likes this post.