Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-22-2019, 08:27 PM   #441
Proud Fan Club Member

DH's parents were married over 60 years too before he died in 1999. His parents were much older than mine. His sister is older than my mom! My mom was only 15 when they married. She turned 16 that November and had me the following march.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:30 PM   #442
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!!
JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:53 PM   #443
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, I can't imagine being married at the age of 15, Kathy! And to have a baby at 16, that is incredible. My dad was 12 years older than my mom and he had two kids from his first marriage. His son was closer to my mom's age, than my dad. His son was 10 years younger than mom. My half brother was nine days younger than my mother-in-law.

Sweet dreams, Ann!
annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:21 PM   #444
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Checking in before bedtime- I am a night owl..... Some nights I will be doing alot of nothing or crafting or reading, etc...and will feel tired and it will be 2AM......

Wow- 63 years is something to be darn proud of!!! Married at 15 was not so uncommon in many places back in the day! If you did not get married, you went to school and became a nurse or a secretary : )

My parents met at college- St Louis U and were married 61 years when Dad died in 2016. What incredible examples they were- that is a long long time!
One of my brothers re-married, and his wife is 12 yrs younger than him, and his son is 12 years younget than her.... I always got a kick out of that- he was in 12th grade when she was in 1st. My younger sister was her gymnastics instructor : )

My husbands mother and sister only went to school until 8th grade and were household help until they were married. They both grew up on a farm. My Mother did as well, but her parents sent all of their girls to college- all three became nurses. My older sis and I are nurses, my younger sister said- no blood and all of that for me- she became a Patent attorney!

It rained alot today, and I did get a chance to stamp, my husband was cleaning for a visit from his sister Monday and his brother and wife on Tuesday-Wednesday. I will finish the rest tomorrow. We decided to stop our once a month cleaning lady and do it ourselves. With only two of us here, it is not so hard.

Catherine- look forward to seeing your circle easel card- I am sure it is beautiful!!!

Goodnight all- before midnight so far!!!

Shelly
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:16 PM   #445
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay, another night owl, Shelly! I do make myself go to bed earlier than I would prefer because I have to get up for work. I can't seem to make it to bed before midnight very often though.

On the deck front, unfortunately the sanders that Home Depot had were both broken. The one we rented and their other one. DH is going to try to get a sander down the hill tomorrow. Poor guy, he didn't get much sleep last night so he is already tucked into bed - he went before 10 pm even!

So funny, the view on the end of the love seat is that Honey is asleep on the cushion and Wesley is laying on the top of the back right above her. Wesley seems to be calming down already - though she still breaks the sound barrier tearing down the hall.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:22 AM   #446
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
DH's parents were married over 60 years too before he died in 1999. His parents were much older than mine. His sister is older than my mom! My mom was only 15 when they married. She turned 16 that November and had me the following march.
Wow Kathy your parents were young when they wed. Awesome celebration you are planning for them. I wish them many more happy years together.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:35 AM   #447
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday everyone. Hope that you all slept well.

Catherine I hope that you can get another sander and can finish your deck. I’m sure it will be gorgeous once it’s completed. I forgot to congratulate your DD on her new job. I hope that she gets her pay sorted out.

I’m a night person but seem to have to be in bed most nights by 10/10.30. I’m definitely not a morning person and need et least 7-8 hours sleep or I’m grumpy lol.

I lost at golf but very happy with my game. I lost on the 16th hole with 2 to play. Was a good match. I’m missing tomorrow and shall meet friends for brekkie.

So I come home and see son3s mattress out on the deck. He’s finally moving out after nearly 2 years back home and he’s about to turn 30. He’s moved some of his things and will move the rest tomorrow. We finally will be getting our home and space back...this will be good for everyone. He says he will still bring his washing home and can we still tape his shows for him...we can live with that lol. The car may go with him but it doesn’t owe us much and finally hubby can get a new one. We have put our life on hold for the past year and now can look for a new suite and sort out this place. We had mixed feelings the first time he moved out but now feel this is our time. We will have more money in our bank account lol.

Enjoy your day everyone
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:47 AM   #448
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies, and good night, whichever is applicable, and happy first day of Fall. The weather here has been so erratic his year. Very few trees have started turning colors. Some have just dropped shriveled leaves and are already bare and ugly.

Catherine, I nearly had a conniption fit over the management of the Starbucks at Target. If I were Corporate, I would have fired everyone and started over long ago. That is a rough lesson for your DD to learn about how unorganized some businesses can be, especially with her just starting out in the business world.

Ann, I love my iPad. I can see better on it to type and to read. The little phone screen makes me squint!

Kathy, how is your dad today? And why had your mom left the water running in the kitchen?

Gracie, love that sign, lol!

Jayne, yay on your DS moving out. Mom and dad have raised their children. Good for them to have alone time once more.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:53 AM   #449
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Wow, Kathy, happy anniversary to your parents!

Jayne, sorry you lost at golf! Is there a reason you like the orange ball instead of white? Or is it just so you know it is yours?

Weather is cool this morning was a low of 49 and now its 54! Windows are open to air the place out!!

Off to finish laundry which I got sidetracked on yesterday with Jack over for the afternoon! Oh well People Before Cleaning!! LOL! I think Kandie needs to find me a sign for that!
Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:55 AM   #450
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m trying an experiment. I read that a person who experiences morning headaches should never take naps during the day, so the last two days I have not enjoyed my beloved afternoon snooze. So far I have not needed the Zyrtec in the next two mornings. I do have a bit of a headache, but I’ve been rubbing on Badger Balm headache soother and it seems to help. I have a doctor’s form to take to Radiology for an overnight sleep test for sleep apnea. My doctor said the constant headaches and morning fog are also a good sign of not breathing right during the night.

Which reminds me, Ann, is your DH now on the sleep apnea machine, and if so, how is it he’s still snoring? I thought the machine helped stop it?

This week we go buy paint to paint this old ugly dark paneling, yay! I’ve been working on DH for two years to get this done! Usually he tells me, you can do whatever you want, and then when I propose an idea, he says no, I’m not going to do that. Brick wall!!!

Old 09-23-2019, 07:08 AM   #451
Proud Fan Club Member

Miss Ann, it’s all because you are such a good friend!
Attached Thumbnails
71aeeaa8-3424-4146-9c6d-b08d6ec06f74.jpeg  

Old 09-23-2019, 08:41 AM   #452
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I haven't caught up on the chatter yet, I just posted the 50th anniversary card I made for my in-laws.

50th Celebration
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:03 AM   #453
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We are having another little heat wave, I don't know if it is the last hurrah for summer but suspect it isn't the last one.

Oh yes, we'll get another sander and get the deck done before winter sets in. I think DH is going to try to get one today. There isn't much sanding that needs to be done and then we can paint. We got the paint yesterday.

Congrats, Jayne, on your son moving out. Do I understand from your comments that you are looking to move after you get things sorted out there?

Kandie, that is so interesting about morning headaches and afternoon naps. I'm glad it seems to be helping.

Yes, it is amazing to me that they are so disorganized. Some of the things she tells me that those in charge say are beyond belief to me. I do think Target Corporate needs to come in and take a closer look at this location.

Ann, I think you meant crafts before cleaning...didn't you? LOL
Old 09-23-2019, 10:40 AM   #454
Proud Fan Club Member

Woohoo! I'm officially done and so happy! I have trimmed and burned every last bit of the pine tree, the cherry tree and the mockthorne??? Bush and it just started raining! I wasn't going to burn the pile of brsh, but I felt rain coming so I took a chance and its all ashes now and the rain will prevent a fire. DH is going to be so surprised but I know he will yell at me for overdoing it! But I have no plans now until dentist tomorrow 2 p.m.

DS stopped a shoplifter last night who was 89 years old!!! I'd say that was old enough to know better.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #455
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You are right, Catherine, crafts before cleaning!!

I did really like the sign Kandie found! However, that never would be me!!

My mom used to say just give the house a "lick and a promise" and then do the big cleaning after the company leaves! Company always leaves a mess and better to clean afterwards!! However, I can't do that either, I clean before and after!

89 years old and a shoplifter, did the guy know what he was doing, Kathy? And what was he shoplifting? Wondered if it was needed medication that he could not afford.

I went and got my shingles shot this morning, first round, and my arm hurts! Yikes!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #456
Proud Fan Club Member

Ouch, those shingles shots do hurt, don’t they, Ann! Mine hurt for days!

annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:17 PM   #457
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh yes, Kandie, I am feeling it this afternoon!! My arm is very sore!!
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:45 PM   #458
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, it was a BB air pistol he stuck in his pants! He wanted to shoot the pesky cats in the neighborhood! He told DS he was good at his job! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 03:45 PM   #459
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh my, Kathy, that is so weird!! So at 89 he is a thief!! Just doesn't pay!
muscrat, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:18 PM   #460
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, did you get shingrix or zostavax?

Daily Scripture Thread

JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:31 PM   #461
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy it was the first dose of the shingrix. Second dose must be in 2 to 6 months.

If I miss the second dose I have to start over. Don't want to do that!
muscrat, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:43 PM   #462
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I hope you aren't too sore, Kathy.

Goodness, when you said your DH stopped an 89 year old from shoplifting, my first thought was wondering if he had enough money to live on and then you said what he was stealing.

Ann, I do think your mom had the right idea. Make it presentable before company comes but do the thorough clean after they leave. Not that I do that, but it makes sense. Ouch for your arm.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:22 PM   #463
Proud Fan Club Member

I believe shingrix is the one the pharmacist gave me as well.

annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:34 PM   #464
Proud Fan Club Member

My DD1 stopped by this afternoon and surprised me by having her grandson, (my GREAT-grandson!) with her. He is all of a year old already, with curling red hair and the prettiest blue eyes, and is he ever a sweetie! My daughter would kiss him on his chubby cheek, and then he’d kiss her back, only his kisses were made with an open mouth and lots of slobber, lol. Both DH and I got a huge kick of of him giggling so much when she tickled him, nothing sweeter than tiny giggles!

mcschmidty, cdimick, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:58 PM   #465
Proud Fan Club Member

Shingrix is supposed to be much better. I knew it was two doses, but didn't realize you'd have to start over if you missed the second dose. I also didn't realize its only good for four years...maybe a bit longer. At least that's what I read on Google.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 07:14 PM   #466
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

He sounds adorable, Kandie! I remember when my brother showed his daughter what her toddler kisses were like. We had been telling her how slobbery they were and asked if she wanted a demonstration. She foolishly said yes, so my brother gave her a wet one on her cheek. Her reaction was hilarious!

Have you ladies had a problem with shingles in the past? Is that why you are getting the vaccine for it? I'm just curious.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:31 PM   #467
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I have had shingles, Catherine. Got them after caring for three in the household with the flu. Was completely worn out and not sleeping.

I got them on the right side of my face and in my right eye. They put me on antibiotics and I had to go to the eye doctor every other day so they could keep a good look as to not affect my vision.

I got the type were the nerve endings were affected. It felt like bugs were always crawling across the right side of my face. Could not sleep, would wake thinking something was on me!!

So if you are over 50 do yourself a favor and get the vaccine! Shingles are horrible. My aunt and uncle got them so bad they ended up in the hospital. My uncle was quarantined in the hospital he had them so bad.
shirlb19, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:37 PM   #468
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shingrix protection remained high (more than 85%) in people 70 years and older throughout the four years following vaccination. Since your risk of shingles and PHN increases as you get older, it is important to have strong protection against shingles in your older years.

The above is from the CDC. Just means that it is not as effective after so many years.

I have not found if they say you need to be re-vaccinated. Will ask the doc next time I am in the office!
muscrat, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:52 PM   #469
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I have heard that it is very painful but I don't think I've heard of one where it felt like bugs were crawling on you. That must have been horrible, Ann!

DH managed to get a sander this evening but not the same kind we tried to rent yesterday (which means the consumables that we purchased didn't work with it). I think he has finished sanding the deck which means we just have painting left.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:53 PM   #470
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

So glad the sanding is done, Catherine. But sad that the supplies did not work!

I'm off to bed!! Night all!

Pleasant dreams!
Old 09-23-2019, 09:34 PM   #471
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Goodnight and Hello! LOL

Busy day cleaning and getting ready for family company -hubbys brother. His sister lives in Mexico, and in the USA-was here for lunch today. She will visit my daughter tomorrow in Chicago after Katie gets off work.

I taught Religious Ed tonight, 4 of the boys were not there, so class was not too bad. I have 13 kids, one of the other teachers has 10 and one 8, the last class looks kind of bigger.... but the kids in my class all requested to be together. If they are too much, we will rearrange in time. Tonight, one of the girls asked me if she had to read. I told her she could pass, but that I did not want everyone to pass. So, they ALL read the paragraph together out loud. I am not going to get crazy or react, because I know it will not help.....LOL I just want them to get something positive out of the experience.....

We are going to a White Sox game tomorrow night- I have a doc appt in the AM, and piano lessons, then dinner and we will leave about 5ish I think. I am really a Cubs fan- I know zero of the White Sox players, but will go and enjoy. My SIL won the tickets- should be fun- my SIL and BIL will be spending the night, so we have been cleaning today, and I spruced up my work room (cardmaking space) while I was at it. Not quite all of the way done- I was sorting dies out, so have some of them all over, but..Oh well!

Kandie- that is interesting about AM headaches and naps..... I have bad allergies, but also spine issues, and have had had surgery on my neck and lower back. I did have a sleep apnea test, and have a mild case. I am supposed to get a mouth guard, or loose 20 lbs..... I have 10 more pounds to go....(actually need to loose alot more, but baby steps). I have been wearing a soft neck collar to bed so my chin cannot drop down, and suprisingly, my neck feels alot better and I have far fewer morning headaches!

Jayne- good for your son to move out! And for you and hubby to have some time together alone in your home! And, your golf game sounds fun!

Catherine- I bet you cannot wait to get that deck finished! And, congrats to your daughter for getting the Starbucks job! Wahoo!

Ann and Catherine- I like crafting before cleaning : ) But that does not always work.

I am on a waiting list for the shingles shot. I guess there is a national shortage. Did you have to wait to get your shots? It sounds not too nice...... painful for how long?

Waving hello to everyone, I have to get signed off, or maybe go look at the colors for this weeks challenge.

Shelly

Old 09-23-2019, 10:03 PM   #472
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sweet dreams, Ann. No worries about the consumables, I think we can return them since we didn't use them.

Hi Shelly! Sounds like you will have some fun tomorrow.

Believe me, I like crafting before cleaning but it doesn't really work that way for me either (though my DH might think it does sometimes!).

What is a soft neck collar? If it helps your sleep and your neck, it sounds like a win/win.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:44 AM   #473
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies. I’ve never had shingles; however, when I went to my regular doctor for the 6-month checkup she recommended I get the shot. She said the older formula was only 65% effective, and the updated version is said to be 95% effective. Apparently there has been a run on shingles cases showing up, so she is recommending the preventative to all her patients over a certain age.

Shelly, go Cubs! Years ago, I won’t say how many, lol, my parents used to take me to the Cubs games. I was too young to really understand the game, although I sure had a blast cheering and getting food at the food stands. Oh yes, and getting to buy a tiny Cubs helmet as a souvenir!

I’ve done 3 days now without an afternoon nap, and three mornings I’ve not needed my Zyrtec in the morning, although I did have to take one yesterday afternoon. Both DH and I were sneezing and blowing our noses for several hours! The wind was blowing quite a bit, and I think the air was filled with pollen or mold or something!

annsforte3, shirlb19 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:46 AM   #474
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay!
Attached Thumbnails
e4de2cff-c92d-4ed3-be04-bc7407b47eee.jpeg  

mcschmidty, cdimick, muscrat and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:01 AM   #475
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies. I spent yesterday with my sister crafting. I colored a lot of images and cut out some. Last night after I got home, I made one of them into a card.

Kandie, wouldn't it be wonderful to be headache free?
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, cdimick, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:12 AM   #476
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Melody, how is your sister doing! So glad you get to spend time with her!

Kandie, glad you have not had headaches! What is the correlation between napping and headaches?
Old 09-24-2019, 07:37 AM   #477
Stazon Splitcoast

Ann, her short term memory seems almost non-existent. Like from one end of the room to another or just minutes, but other than that, she seems fine. She would cut out something with her cuttlebug, and then wonder what she was going to do with it. Or she doesn't recognize that something on the table is hers. Things like that. Sad.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 09-24-2019, 08:41 AM   #478
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Melody, is she aware of what is happening to her? Is she happy?

It is indeed sad, your sister is such a nice person, always was so polite and helpful to me on SCS and left wonderful comments on my cards.

My MIL was a bit grumpy with the disease but then my cousins mother was happy as could be.

My arm is a bit better today but still hurts a lot! Just making myself use it today and trying to work through the pain. My spouse did not have any reaction to the shingles vaccine. Maybe it is due to all of my allergies and sensitive skin.

Shelly, I went to CVS pharmacy to get my shot. The pharmacist told me that they do not have a shortage of the vaccine. He said CVS is so large that they buy up the vaccine in huge quantities and distribute it where needed. I called on Friday of last week and they had it for me on Monday.

As painful as my arm has been it is still worth it to get vaccinated so you don't get shingles which are a heck of a lot worse!!
Old 09-24-2019, 08:45 AM   #479
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning everyone! We are having a short heat wave - at least I hope it is short! It is supposed to be close to 100 degrees today and tomorrow but, right now, the forecast is 73 for Sunday and down to 68 on Monday! Those temps are all for down the hill where I work, you can take off a few degrees for where I live. I hesitate to say it is summer's last hurrah (I know, summer is officially over, someone tell that to our temperatures!) because we could easily have these kinds of temps in October.

Yay for headache free, Kandie, and that sign is too funny.

I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your sister, Melody, it is sad to lose memory. My mom went through that thanks to a stroke and it really bothered her.

Poor DD2 is battling a cold - must be school time again. And DD1 came home from college. She didn't sleep well last night, probably because she doesn't have a ceiling fan right now. We got a new fan for her and, in the process of installing it last night, found that we need a new box to hang it from. Apparently the box the previous fan was hanging from probably wasn't adequate. She has a test today that she has to go in for, hope she is feeling better then!
Old 09-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #480
Stazon Splitcoast

I think my sister is mostly frustrated. She is totally aware that she is losing her memory, but is trying to be upbeat about it. She's a very social person, and now is pretty much afraid to drive places, because she gets lost. Also, I think because she acts differently, people are a bit uncomfortable around her, so less likely to invite her out for the day, etc. (just my speculation...). I notice little things -- more possessive of her crafting things - more likely to give voice to her thoughts that she would not have said otherwise -- takes a suggestion as criticism -- wants to do it her way -- feels the need to justify what she is doing, because that's just the way she is -- is more sensitive about things ---- that sort of thing. I have to bite my tongue a lot.