Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-26-2020, 06:19 AM   #4641
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL. Catherine, that is so funny. I showed it to DH. He laughed, too. Who would have ever thought TP jokes would be our main humor?

Our VSBN Challenges for scrapbooking are all around the theme of this virus. One of them is #TheTPisGone. LOL. Our
Challenger Lela really wrote up some great challenges. I have gotten two of the 6 challenges done. I will work on them today again and then clear my desk for VSN.

Well, I got my hair cut last week, and I let it go gray ten years ago, so I am good.
But DH told them to cut it with a #1. His is now just a step above a military hair cut. lOL.
I have never seen his ears that big. She also practically shaved his eyebrows! His nose is looking bigger, too! LOL. It he was afraid it would be along time before he could go again.

Meals: I fixed meatloaf & mashed potatoes, & almond green beans, and that is good for two nights, and then meatloaf sandwiches for lunch the third day. Then DH will grill salmon out. Nice that it is nice enough now for him to grill. It was 70 yesterday. Yay!
Foggy today though.
Jayne, my hubby’s hobby is watching sports! He is at a loss now! He cleaned our sliding glass deck doors and our front glass door yesterday. I crafted and did my homework PT three times.

I wish he had a hobby. He used to play golf, but he can’t now because of his shoulder.
Good Morning, all!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:24 AM   #4642
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, good morning. Sunshine outside! Yesterday was near 60, and DH got his repurposed tables-into-desk project finished - and decided to keep it instead of selling it. :>

Gracie, LOL on cleaning. I meant to do the fridge and microwave yesterday, but DH fired up the propane heater in the garage and then we both worked on projects. I did get the house all straightened first so I didn’t feel guilty. . Looks like today will be clean the appliances day, sigh.

And I love the 5-year-old running around with the tablet!

Catherine, the TP’d house value is too funny! And I LOVE LOVE the toilet paper rolls under the t-shirt! I have to send that one to my DStepmom!

Oh yes, Gracie, hugs to you on your mini3 card, and I LOVE the noose cartoon! DH said I didn’t have to worry about him, because he’s a runner, and he’ll just go trot around the backyard and find projects to do outside if he gets the fidgets, lol.

Annette, you are so blessed with your curls! I truly inherited my DDad’s kind of hair. Three cowlicks, one side straight and one side curls that go all different directions. I have a picture of him in his 60s, and some days our hair looks like twins!

I keep losing my pen to make notes on chatter in the folds of my quilt I’m covered up with.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
AnnetteMac, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:27 AM   #4643
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Sharon! My DH doesn’t have a hobby either. He would do the estate sales and auctions, and now there are none.

AnnetteMac, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:46 AM   #4644
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I am in the home stretch with this book and will be ready to play in VSN tomorrow. It's sunny here (yay!) and warming up nicely. I can't believe that my DD turns 27 today. Where does the time go? Time to get my morning tea and get creating.

My Gallery
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:13 AM   #4645
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I'm up early this morning because today I venture into town. I have to do some stuff at the office and then go see if there is any shopping to be done. It has been a week since I was last in town, so I truly have no idea if the panic is settling or what.

It was below freezing here last night. That's what my phone told me, I haven't been outside yet. But when I peeked out the living room curtains to see if my car was frozen, a deer looked back at me. We had four deer in the front yard at that point and one was at our front steps facing the house. So funny and they are beautiful. They were mostly eating the green stuff in the rocks of the flower beds, have at it. DH said, "Trim it really low!"

Last night I went into our bathroom, sat down, and freaked out because, on the floor, near the heating vent, there was something that looked suspiciously like a small scorpion. My family was in the living room so I called DD2. When she answered, I asked her to send her dad in fast, fast, FAST! Of course, that brought all of them. He killed it and then used precious tp to pick it up and flush it. I'm so thankful that encounter didn't happen in the middle of the night!

Sharon, isn't tp humor something like grade school humor? We're all reverting! lol My DH doesn't have a hobby either, but he is working so that keeps him busy. His commute is much shorter now, though.

Kandie, aren't cowlicks fun?! Your DH keeps busy with projects, I think. I told my DH about the noose and told him he didn't have to worry since I don't knit or crochet! Perhaps I should worry though, because his grandma taught him to do both!

Yay for almost finishing your book, Annette. What pattern is this one?

I'd better get busy and head into town. DD2 is coming with me, yay, a shopping buddy. DD1 is at work all day today. All day being 6:30-3:00, and she has that shift again tomorrow.

Chat with you later!
Old 03-26-2020, 08:32 AM   #4646
Proud Fan Club Member

DH had a zoom meeting this morning. We don't have a computer that can do that, but they sent a phone number and code and he could connect! He couldn't see anybody but was able to hear and participate. I'm glad they couldn't see my living room! LOL

I couldn't open the picture on this tablet so I'll check that tp picture on my phone.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:36 AM   #4647
Proud Fan Club Member

Whoohoo, two more projects finished! Here’s mine, an old little early American bookcase. I was going to leave the small bar and decorative knobs off but decided against it. I didn’t have enough 12x12 paper to pattern the back, so it’s just the same as the rest of the bookcase.

A before, and an after. The books are an old set of Mary Jane children’s books.
Attached Thumbnails
8377fc90-841f-445e-ab82-0aa430dce0ad.jpg   216df424-5eb0-451f-8120-8a55e4e41c77.jpg  

lacyquilter, AnnetteMac, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:43 AM   #4648
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my goodness...I just typed a long chat...lost it all. Doggone it!

Well, later I may do it again...anyway, have a wonderful day all!
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:45 AM   #4649
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow! Kandie that bookcase is so adorable! You are so talented!
Old 03-26-2020, 09:19 AM   #4650
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

One bathroom cleaned and another to go! Dogs are fed and settled down! Everyone here else here is on the phone! One son upstairs, one in the front room, and spouse in the basement! All saying quiet please on the phone!

Grandkids have already Facetimed me and I need to call them back, they are fighting and getting on my DIL's nerves this morning!

Funny that we are joking about TP!! Will any of us let our supply of TP go down after all of this is over? Read in the news that everyone has such a large supply of TP that sales will be down afterwards, I don't think that will be true!

Need to vacuum, but can't with everyone on the phone! Dogs are shedding like crazy!

Hobbies? Spouse used to collect stamps so he could start on that again, and he loves to take pictures so he needs to organize all of them that he has taken. Will see if he does any of it once he is retired. Plus we have lots of yard work to do!

Everyone geared up for VSN? Sharon, maybe spouse could start making cards? LOL!
AnnetteMac, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #4651
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, wow, you sure are talented!! That is wonderful the transformation!
AnnetteMac, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:41 AM   #4652
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's a story from our local news at noon. A woman was arrested for going into a Gerritys grocery store and purposely coughing over fresh produce and bakery items! They had to throw out $35,000 worth of food and resanitize! They are also sending her for psych evaluation! I guess she was a known problem person, but never suspected this reaction from her.

Catherine, glad you found that scorpion in the daylight. God is good.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:46 AM   #4653
Stazon Splitcoast

I was in a long line at 7:45 am today at the grocery store that opened at 8 for seniors only. A young man came from the parking lot and tried to cut in at the front of the line, but an old lady beat him back into the parking lot with her cane.

He returned and tried to cut in again but an old man punched him in the gut, then kicked him to the ground and rolled him away.

As he approached the line for the 3rd time he said, "If y’all don't let me unlock the door, you'll never get in there."
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
AnnetteMac, smadson, muscrat and 5 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:47 AM   #4654
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, friends. No that wasn't really me. Swiped off facebook.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 03-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #4655
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my gosh, Melody, that was so funny! I'm so gullible that when I first started reading it, it didn't occur to me that this was a joke. Ha Ha! Now-a-days...who knows? People can be pretty strange! Gave me a good chuckle!
Old 03-26-2020, 09:55 AM   #4656
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, read that about the woman on CNN.com Really? Why? Not funny!
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:08 AM   #4657
Stazon Splitcoast

Home opening day. Apparently they are showing highlights from the past few seasons. Gotta get your baseball fix!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:12 AM   #4658
Stazon Splitcoast

Warning: Blondes please don't take offense.

A young blonde was on vacation in the depths of Louisiana. She wanted a pair of real alligator shoes in the worst way, but she didn't want to pay the high prices the local vendors were asking. After becoming very frustrated with the "no haggle" attitude of one of the shopkeepers, the blonde shouted, "Maybe I'll just go out and catch my own alligator so I can get a pair of shoes at a reasonable price!" The shopkeeper said, "By all means, be my guest. Maybe you'll luck out and catch yourself a big one!"

Determined, the blonde turned and headed for the swamps, set on catching herself an alligator. Later in the day, the shopkeeper is driving home, when he spots the young woman standing waist deep in the water, shotgun in hand. Just then, he sees a huge 9-foot alligator swimming quickly toward her. She takes aim, kills the creature and with a great deal of effort hauls it on to the swamp bank. Lying nearby were several more of the dead creatures. The shopkeeper watches in amazement. Just then the blonde flips the alligator on its back, and frustrated, shouts out, "Darn, this one is barefoot too!"
AnnetteMac, muscrat, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:17 AM   #4659
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, that was so funny. I was believing it too! lol

Oh, Catherine, a scorpion! Glad DH could come get rid of it! EEK!

Ann, that is so funny, maybe my DH could make cards! LOL I have been having so much trouble with punches, adhesives etc, he made the comment, I should just get rid of all this stuff! So, I don't think he is interested in card making.

Oh, Kathy, that is terrible! I can't imagine!

Annette, glad you are almost done with your book and will get to play VSN.

Kandie, that book case is beautiful. And your husband does have a hobby working on old furniture, and projects.

The fog lifted and I took a long. The sun is shining, but still cool. I had to wear a heavy jacket. Now I am very hungry! Worked up an appetite.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:18 AM   #4660
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL Melody, funny!
Old 03-26-2020, 11:07 AM   #4661
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the laughs this morning Melody! The book is done and needs to lay on it's side for a while for the creases to settle. I will take a photo and share it later. Today is an at home spa day for me. Going to go relax in the tub and then maybe do my nails while I listen to an audio book. Chat later.

My Gallery
smadson, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:09 AM   #4662
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm blonde and love blonde jokes! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

AnnetteMac, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #4663
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, here's another:

A plane is on its way to Toronto, when a blonde in economy class gets up and moves to the first class section and sits down.

The flight attendant watches her do this and asks to see her ticket.

She then tells the blonde that she paid for economy class and that she will have to sit in the back.

The blonde replies, "I'm blonde, I'm beautiful, I'm going to Toronto and I'm staying right here."

The flight attendant goes into the cockpit and tells the pilot and the co-pilot that there is a blonde bimbo sitting in first class, that belongs in economy and won't move back to her seat.

The co-pilot goes back to the blonde and tries to explain that because she only paid for economy she will have to leave and return to her seat.

The blonde replies, "I'm blonde, I'm beautiful, I'm going to Toronto and I'm staying right here."

The co-pilot tells the pilot that he probably should have the police waiting when they land to arrest this blonde woman who won't listen to reason.

The pilot says, "You say she is a blonde? I'll handle this, I'm married to a blonde. I speak blonde."

He goes back to the blonde and whispers in her ear, and she says, "Oh, I'm sorry." and gets up and goes back to her seat in economy.

The flight attendant and co-pilot are amazed and asked him what he said to make her move without any fuss.

"I told her, 'first class isn't going to Toronto."
AnnetteMac, DCinkit, smadson and 5 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:35 PM   #4664
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

That was a good one Melody! LOL "I speak blonde." Ha ha!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:47 PM   #4665
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, c’mon, I’m laughing so hard my sides hurt!!!

And THEN I read about that psychotic woman at the grocery and want to chop her head off.

No extreme emotions here, nope, not at all!

And I’ll add a YIKES for Catherine and the Case of the Bug in the Bathroom!

muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #4666
Proud Fan Club Member

We just watched the President’s daily update. The economic rescue package was passed unanimously in the Senate and Congress, 96 to 0. Now it’s up to the House of Representatives.

Thank you for the likes on my little bookcase. I forgot to mention DH sawed part of the legs shorter so it would be just the right height for the recliner. I measured and marked the spots and he took them to the garage and went zzzzzzzzzzz. . Now I’m free to do VSN and he has another old sewing machine to putter around with. He’s not sure yet what he wants to do.

lacyquilter, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:08 PM   #4667
Proud Fan Club Member

THANK YOU to whomever mentioned to someone that I can’t get into the Fan Club Only content, because now everything is there and available! Whoopee!!!

Btw, may I ask what time the whole thing starts?

AnnetteMac, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:11 PM   #4668
Proud Fan Club Member

We now have bright yellow signs all over town, some absolutely huge, that say KEEP CALM & CARRY OUT. It’s a huge effort to support our local restaurants that do offer carry-out options. What a terrific idea. Here’s the story.

Initiative reminds you to 'Keep Calm and Carry Out'

muscrat, annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:11 PM   #4669
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, I think it's Friday at 4 p.m. EST.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:13 PM   #4670
Proud Fan Club Member

Love that funny, Melody!
Old 03-26-2020, 05:27 PM   #4671
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh Melody, I laughed so hard at the blonde jokes!! Too funny, he speaks blonde!

I think we all need these jokes to keep us in happy thoughts during all of this!
smadson, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:59 PM   #4672
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, VSN is 5 - 9 eastern on Friday and 12 - 9 eastern on Saturday. I looked it up earlier because I wasn't sure either.

My Gallery
Old 03-26-2020, 07:43 PM   #4673
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night everyone!

Big hugs and lots of prayers for the safety of all!!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:44 PM   #4674
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, another one.
Attached Thumbnails
training-dogs.jpg  
smadson, muscrat, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:47 PM   #4675
Stazon Splitcoast

I made ranch chicken in the crock pot today. I had some fresh green beans that needed to get used, so I threw those in, and instead of noodles, I made spaetzle. Yum.
smadson, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:01 PM   #4676
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! Successful day shopping in town. My Sam's Club still didn't have tp, but this week they had eggs and other products that were completely absent last week. The produce section was much better stocked this week, thankfully.

My grocery store had some whole wheat flour, no white yet, and ramen that DD2 likes, and we were able to get some tp there this week. Yay! Perhaps people are starting to realize they don't need to hoard? I hope so.

Great funnies I came back to. I speak blond, that is hilarious! As I read the one about the seniors beating up the guy who wasn't old enough to shop at that time, I was thinking, "Go Seniors!" then I got to the punch line.

Kandie, your bookcase is lovely! I have a cute little desk/chair here that my mom painted white with gold paint highlights. It was in my room when I was a little girl. I then covered the side of it with stickers. I have hung onto this cute little desk forever. DD1 used it, in its current state, as a night stand because she needed something taller beside her bed. Then, we did her bookcases around her bed, so it has no home. It is small so it is in the hallway just waiting for me to strip it and see what is under that white paint. I think it can be cute.

Kathy, that is terrible about that woman. She definitely sounds like she needs a psych eval. I too, am so thankful that the scorpion was found before bed! It was a little thing but still!

Love the one about dogs, Melody. There was definitely more traffic out there than I expected.

We had vegan cream of broccoli soup tonight, so tasty!
Old 03-26-2020, 10:59 PM   #4677
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
That was a good one Melody! LOL "I speak blonde." Ha ha!
Me too lol...loved all the funnies today. Thanks Melody.  I sae the dog one on FB too today..so funny. They’ve given me and DH a chuckle.

Last edited by Ozpom; 03-26-2020 at 11:03 PM..
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:01 PM   #4678
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
Kandie, I think it's Friday at 4 p.m. EST.

Eeek...usually it’s around 5 or 6am here. This means I will have to go to bed very early tonight lol
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:15 PM   #4679
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, that lady definitely needs a psych test. Who would do that.

Kandie, awesome bookcase and love the books...I’m a fan of old books.

My hubby has helped me once with my scrapbooking and when I tried to make a waterfall many years ago but I can’t see him doing craft with me lol. He misses his sport but has hobbies...mainly genealogy and reading and I’ve got a few jobs he needs to do for me, including putting up my peg board in my craft room.

I had the last of my orders today. One was from France and they had included a free stamp set...how cool was that. I’ve sent them a note thanking them. I did open the packaging outside and threw it straight into our recycling bin, then washed my hands thoroughly lol.

Catherine, we also did a shop together as DH needed meds, then the supermarket for milk and fresh fruit and veggies. Still no loo roll and we got some eggs but they were nearly out of stock again and finally the grog shop...or booze shop to you ladies lol. We bought 3 bottles of white wine each as only 3 per customer were allowed. We did our hand wiping and hand sanitising after each shop....then again when we got home. Crazy times. We won’t venture out again now for another week.

Eek re the scorpion. We get small ones during summer in our bathroom. We had a couple of weeks where we were finding a couple every day underneath our bath mat or hiding behind the loo. We both get up during the night and don’t put the light on and goodness knows how we didn’t step on one. Horrible things they are.

Our PM has brought in stricter measures for returning travellers as some have not been sticking to quarantine and spread the virus in our communities...what is wrong with people? Now they will be taken to empty hotels and kept inside for quarantine by our forces. We also have 14 cruise ships from around the world wanting to come into Australia, 3 off our coast. Why don’t they just go back to their home ports. We don’t get it. We are allowing the aussies to get off and go into quarantine but it seems some countries have turned them away, so they came here. Sorry but I don’t get it.

Our DIL1 is amazing and practically home schooling. She’s a natural. Our DGD can now recite her numbers after only a few days.

Speaking of poppets, our DGS said he would like a pen pal. Are any of your grandchildren boys aged 9 or 10 he could write to? PM me. I’m sure our DGD will want one too once she knows her brother has one lol.

Sorry if I’ve missed more chat...time to get off here and seize what is left of the day.

Keep safe and well.
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:19 PM   #4680
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
Eeek...usually it’s around 5 or 6am here. This means I will have to go to bed very early tonight lol
Just FYI: the first challenge is one of the sneak peeks.