Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-24-2020, 06:03 AM   #4561
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving good morning to all my Alpha friends, what would I do without all of you to talk to?!

Catherine, we (tried to) watch Mrs Pollifax last night... it moved too slow for DH, he was grumbling. And I was focused on all the 70s clothes and hairstyles (those flips!) and kept losing the thread. We finally changed it to something with more action. Maybe I’ll try it again on my own.

I also either over-water or under-water. And I actually killed a Mother-in-Law plant, also called a snake plant, I believe, and supposedly NOTHING can kill one of those!

My sis’s DD and SIL stopped by and picked up a recliner we had in the living room and will not need once the new chair is delivered. It is only two years old and no one ever uses it, and she with her illnesses cannot sleep lying down and sleeps sitting in a ratty old recliner. Anyway, that chair has gone to someone who will enjoy it, she’ll be more comfy. Now the wall looks weird with a bookcase and an end table and nothing else! The new furnitures are being made at the factory.

I am SO looking forward to VSN! I have to get my craft area cleaned up before Friday, though. That room is also the catch-all room for everything that has nowhere to go at the moment, and it is crammed! I did get a thorough cleaning done of the bathroom yesterday, and most of the house vacuumed. We are on DH work hours here, lol. When he works at estate sale prep, he always finished for the day around 2:30. So 2:30 is his cutoff for the day, even when he putters in the garage!

Shelly, love that your DH gets such a loving welcome from your DD’s dog!

I’ve forgotten what I read. Dusty Dog just threw up on my quilt and does it ever stink, phew. I think it wiped my thoughts of whatever I was going to respond to, lol.

I hope everyone has a good day, whether it be self-imposed stay at home, or mandatory. Take care.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-24-2020, 06:16 AM   #4562
Proud Fan Club Member

DH just startled me! He was eating a bowl of Rice Crispies, and he suddenly jumped up yelling snap, crackle, pop! Then he said, that was his energy for the day, lol.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 AM   #4563
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Tuesday. I loved the hippo video too..that would be me in a nursing home lol. Love games. I’ve just put a jigsaw puzzle out on the dining room table so we can add to it as we feel like it. Hubby isn’t into them but I’m waiting to see if he joins in lol.

More restrictions for us this evening advised by our PM. It seems travellers coming back into the country are the problem...going out, meeting friends and don’t understand 14 day quarantine, plus the younger ones still doing what they always do in groups. Our numbers have jumped by 1000 in a day.eek. I so hope that our beaches and parks don’t close.

We are self isolating again apart from a need to grocery shop every 7 -10 days for milk, bread, etc. No eggs here now..or at least none yesterday in our supermarket.

My sister and BIL are self isolating for 4 months in the UK now and have no one to shop for them and she’s worried. I’m sure they will have a day/time they can go and get fresh items. My niece had a baby yesterday in the UK and my brother and his wife can’t go near the parents or baby for 13 weeks...no one can. I’ve never heard anything like it before. Such a long time and their grandson will be 3 months old when they finally can hold him. All they could do was look at him through the window at the hospital but now they are also in lockdown. My nephew is on his way home from Thailand and has to quarantine for 2 weeks. At least he will be safe at home.

It’s my hubby’s birthday later this week but we’ve decided to cancel birthdays this year. I did make a list of birthdays and I shall start sending out cards. Our mail is still operating ok and my sister told me that in the UK the mailman is now helping with other deliveries to hospitals, healthcare workers, etc and their mail system is doing more work than before. This is good news for the PO’s, even if it’s not mail to homes. I used to write letters and I think they may make a resurgence. I know we are reconnecting with people from the past and overseas that we had lost touch with.

I did receive a tickle from Canada today which was a nice surprise.

Hope everyone is safe and well. Have a good day whatever your plans.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:33 AM   #4564
Proud Fan Club Member

Thirteen weeks! Wow, Jayne, that is such a long time.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:34 AM   #4565
Proud Fan Club Member

I am all for recycling, but this seems a little over the top to me...
Attached Thumbnails
fc8fa757-1aed-48c0-9bef-c5837a717058.jpeg  

Old 03-24-2020, 07:06 AM   #4566
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, I dont get it? Why the tea bag in her hair?

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:10 AM   #4567
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie, that isn't recycling. The tea bag would need to be used! LOL

Shelly, and anyone else interested... here is the link I read for growing an avocado from a seed. It's very informative with step by step guide. I found this statement interesting: Many online guides I have read say that sprouting can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks, but in my experience, it usually takes at least 8 weeks to get a sprout, so be patient.

Mine took 9 weeks before any root showed.

HOW TO: Grow an Avocado Tree from Seed
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 03-24-2020, 07:13 AM   #4568
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon, about non-essential businesses closing --- Someone posted on facebook that they were buying fabric for face masks (JoAnn's has instructions) and there was no elastic. Apparently JoAnn's is open and they have craft supplies.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:21 AM   #4569
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, it was some dumb article on 100 ways to use or reuse teabags, lol.

DH bought three packages of elastic for the old stock of masks he bought, but he had to buy the wide kind. The narrow electric was already sold out.

Maybe this cartoon is funnier?
Attached Thumbnails
eec21801-40f0-4bfa-9777-2be9915617b5.jpeg  

mcschmidty, stampin'nana, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:49 AM   #4570
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie, someone suggested an alternative on the elastic. Use bias tape or ribbon, etc. for ties. You could probably make it just a single tie - less to mess with.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:14 AM   #4571
Proud Fan Club Member

Funny picture Kandie. When I talked about toilet paper to my sister, she said her DH had ten new pairs of socks! LOL

We drove to the lake Sunday and all the bathrooms are closed. I heard it was because people stole the toilet paper and hand cleaners in them! They have red cones in the doorway and a sign posted but I couldn't read the sign from the road where I was.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 03-24-2020, 09:39 AM   #4572
Proud Fan Club Member

I love Peter Hollens and his sweet family!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:50 AM   #4573
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Love the sock cartoon Kandie! Your DH is a hoot! Snap Crackle Pop! That sounds like my knees.

Kathy, I'm sure people are stealing TP everywhere. What a shame that people panic and make things so much worse. Of course, it'd be pretty hard to hide TP rolls under your clothes. Someone walks in a size A cup and leaves a size D cup! LOL

Good suggestions for the masks Melody. Ties would work just as well as elastic.

Jayne, how sad to have a new grandbaby and not be able to hold her for 13 weeks! Happy early birthday to your DH. My DS2's birthday is today...he has asthma and has been hospitalized many times since he was little boy. Scary! I worry about both my sons as they both have asthma. How did DS2 turn 42 when I'm only 39? Crazy world. LOL

I need to clean my craft room...it is a disaster again after only making a couple cards for the Mini VSN. Sheesh! Why can't I create neatly? I have to finish Mini3 today and check out the sneak peeks. Thank goodness we have VSN to look forward to!

Sending hugs and cheery thoughts to everyone today!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:52 AM   #4574
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Funny videos Kathy! Now, I'm singing those tunes! LOL
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:08 AM   #4575
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Kandie, love the second funny!! Socks!! Your spouse is a riot! I think he needs to keep us in funnies for the duration of this virus!

Jayne, does that mean the UK is not getting mail to homes? I wondered about sending my card out yesterday to Sabrina, if she would get it. I asked our postal worker and he said, "we are an essential service" so she should get the card.

Yesterday, I was feeling down with not being able to hug my grandchildren! But I was brought up and really happy late last night!

I was researching my spouses side of the family, his dad's side. All I knew is the mother came over with his grandfather from Poland and the name of his birth place.

Last night I hit jackpot! Found his grandparents marriage record on the Poznan marriage record site...then found their parents...then their parents...I was like WOW! Most of the time parents names were not fully recorded in the records. I hit the lottery! Spouses maiden names were listed too! Happy happy dance here!

Now I need this virus to leave the planet so I can rent the films from the LDS to get more of the family information!

Hugs to all today!! Stay safe!

Reminder: this is our off week before we start the new round! Time to catch up or get ready for VSN and combine challenges to get finished!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:26 AM   #4576
Proud Fan Club Member

Funny funnies, everyone.
Jayne, your sister can’t hold her grandchild for 13 weeks?!

Melody, here all non essential businesses will close as of 11:59 pm tomorrow. It was our county who issued this,” stay at home order.” Police can enforce it with fines, I guess, if travel isn’t essential. the whole essential list is 25 items long with a paragraph under each. No restaurants unless take out or delivery. Press conference at one, of what it all means.
I just got back from our local craft store where I had over 100.00 garage sale credit. I had already used 80.00 credit before Christmas. Today I got over 100.00 of mostly TH stuff, including the new glazes, new scissors, Undu, Distress Crayons, stencils, etc. I should be ready to hunker in and craft.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:01 AM   #4577
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, Sharon! What a haul you made today! Such fun! Excited to get going on VSN.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:17 AM   #4578
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
Wow, Sharon! What a haul you made today! Such fun! Excited to get going on VSN.
Yeah, and basically free! I had made 180.00 worth of garage sale credit from last Fall. LOL

Watching the press conference barber and beauty shops deemed not essential so closing. That is why DH got a really short haircut today, almost GI! LOL. We are hunkering down here. I am ready to craft!
AnnetteMac, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:20 AM   #4579
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, that's wonderful! So much fun to have new things especially when it didn't cost you anything with that credit! Yay!

I feel so bad for all the workers who will lose their income because of this virus. I just wonder how they will survive. Scary for those just living day to day with no savings.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #4580
Proud Fan Club Member

It is all so unreal! Wichita has 3 or 4 aircraft companies, and they have closed for at least two weeks. One aircraft plant announced it was with pay.
This stay at home order is in place for 30 days. DH went to Senior hour at Walmart today and was able to get eggs, but no canned chicken or pasta on the shelves. He did get one container of disinfectant wipes. He went to store and barber and I went to craft store. We are ready to not leave, now. Oh, except he has to go get his prescription later this week. I hate for him to even get out!
Old 03-24-2020, 02:06 PM   #4581
Stazon Splitcoast

We are pretty much shunt in like the rest of you. I am broad. I hope everyone doing okay. I can only read so much of my bible and play so many computer games. Call so many friends on the phone. What are the rested of you doing to stay busy? I craft Saturday a little bit with sisters. Trying to get the Mother's Day jar. So I we get to back to Church. They will be ready. But run out hot glue sticks. Not sure when will be able to get some tho. I just wanted to see people are doing to stay busy now days!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:05 PM   #4582
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! A late check in from me today. I didn't sleep well again last night, actually, the last part of last night, and then didn't want to get up to go to work. I fell deeply asleep after DH got up to take his shower. Anyway, I had to get straight to work. We had a Zoom staff meeting going today too. Trying to be innovative with our online offerings to our church members.

I think someone mentioned calling the seniors in their church families. We divided up the list between us and called. The best response was one of the ladies that our associate pastor called. She said, "Oh, you're calling the old people are you?!" I thought his response was great, he said, "We are calling those who have successfully lived the longest time here." Perhaps he should have been a marketer! lol

Shelly, I'm glad you find Tylenol helpful, it does absolutely NOTHING for me. Also, glad your neck is better.

Kandie, yes, the movie does move slowly. It didn't bother me because I've read the books. You might find those more enjoyable. There is a movie from the 90s that has Angela Lansbury in the Mrs. Pollifax role. I think she would be perfect from the books.

How long will it be before your new furniture is delivered?

Your DH cracks me up, what a great sense of humor.

Oh Jayne, I hope someone will help your sister and BIL with their shopping needs. Four months is a long time! And so sad your brother and SIL can't meet their new grand baby for 13 weeks.

Why would anyone want a teabag, unused though it may be, in their hair?!

Melody, I think I've tried to sprout an avocado seed before but didn't have any success. Maybe I didn't wait long enough. However, I'm terrible with plants.

Love the sock funny. What I saw was "For all these years I have really wanted to deep clean my house, but I didn't have time. This week, I discovered that wasn't the problem!"

Kathy, they have closed public toilets here too. One of my senior friends walks for a couple of hours most mornings and he found the public toilet was closed, much to his chagrin. The sign said they closed it because they didn't have the personnel to keep it adequately clean especially in this current situation.

I'll have to come back and check out the Peter Hollens video. Have you watched any of his videos singing a duet with Tim Foust of Home Free? Love them!

Gracie, you made me laugh out loud with your comment about coming in with A cups and leaving with D cups! What a hoot!

Yay for the genealogy breakthrough, Ann!

What fun you had in the craft store, Sharon! Yay!

DD1 worked for several hours this morning, she is working 8 hour shifts Thursday and Friday. And Starbucks increased their pay by $3/hr during this time. Incredible of them.
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:12 PM   #4583
Stazon Splitcoast

Another from facebook:

TP hoarding explained.

Some people will be eating their own cooking for the first time in years.
cdimick, muscrat, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:16 PM   #4584
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, my introduction to Peter Hollens was "Mary, Did You Know?" It was amazing!

Daily Scripture Thread

Last edited by muscrat; 03-24-2020 at 04:25 PM..
smadson, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:17 PM   #4585
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Another from facebook:

TP hoarding explained.

Some people will be eating their own cooking for the first time in years.
DH and I got a good giggle out of that one, Melody!

Daily Scripture Thread

Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #4586
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh yes, I love that one, Kathy.

Melody, I can't remember exactly but saw something with aliens talking to each other about how humans hoarded tp and "wiped" themselves out of existence. Made me chuckle.
lacyquilter, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:27 PM   #4587
Proud Fan Club Member

My introduction to home free was Do you hear what I hear?

Daily Scripture Thread

cdimick, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:30 PM   #4588
Proud Fan Club Member

And oddly enough, my introduction to pentatonix was also Mary did you know! I no longer follow them. They went off in a weird direction as they became more famous.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 05:23 PM   #4589
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I didn't know they went off in a weird direction, that is unfortunate.

I LOVE Home Free, they are so good. One of my favorites of theirs is O Holy Night:

-lYw
Old 03-24-2020, 05:25 PM   #4590
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

And, if you like country music, I loved this of Home Free with the Oak Ridge Boys: [Home Free - Elvira (feat. The Oak Ridge Boys) - YouTube]
Old 03-24-2020, 05:51 PM   #4591
Proud Fan Club Member

Chance hits an unbelievable low note in my favorite video Mayday.

Daily Scripture Thread

Last edited by muscrat; 03-24-2020 at 07:58 PM..
Old 03-24-2020, 05:54 PM   #4592
Proud Fan Club Member

Last one....I promise!

Try everything

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 06:24 PM   #4593
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for sharing all those great song videos Catherine and Kathy!
Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:39 PM   #4594
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Love the songs. Thanks. I have one my SIL shared with me last year. I will find it. It’s beautiful.

I’ve forgotten who asked what but yes it will be difficult for my sis and BIL but they will go and shop for food during the times the elderly are allowed.

My brother and his wife can’t see their grandson for 13 weeks or their daughter or her hubby. It’s sad but necessary.

Love the jokes on the TP and saw the sock one on FB..so funny.

Sharon, great craft shopping and jut before they close the stores. All non essentials have now closed here except hairdressers which doesn’t make sense to me. I had a young girl washing my hair the other week before this madness started coughing all over me. They definitely can’t social distance.

Ann, yes you can still send mail to the UK. I believe that all countries are still keeping their mail going. I’m still sending cards and must look through my stash for one for Sabrina and others. I have to make DH one this week. I believe the mail system in the UK is busier than usual as they are now doing deliveries to hospitals and aged care homes. Keep sending cards ladies. I am going to. I’d like pen pals to come back into play, especially for the children. I must check with our DIL and see if our poppets are interested.

I’ll find the song and a funny for you all today. I also need to check Kathy’s thread out. I’m loving it. Thank you Kathy. 

Gracie happy birthday to your son for today.  If it’s the 25th today would have been my dad’s birthday. I had a chat with him today...and mum.

Keep well and safe everyone. Hugs
muscrat, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:04 PM   #4595
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here’s the video that my SIL sent to me last year I loved it then and love it more. Enjoy

Old 03-24-2020, 08:10 PM   #4596
Proud Fan Club Member

I love that song. Lauren Daigle has such a beautiful voice.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 08:19 PM   #4597
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I love that song. Lauren Daigle has such a beautiful voice.
Me too. I’d never heard of her until my SIL sent it to me. Sleep well.
muscrat, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:24 PM   #4598
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I found this on FB a couple of days ago..it always makes me laugh as I will be growing my hair and letting the grey come through and hubby has said he will cut it for me lol

AnnetteMac, smadson, muscrat and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:27 PM   #4599
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow Jayne! What a beautiful song and her voice is gorgeous!

That FB post of the haircut is so funny! Luckily I cut my hair last spring and quit dying it. That saved me lots of money and I've been letting it grow out now. More money for crafting! LOL
AnnetteMac, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:43 PM   #4600
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I've seen that one too, Jayne, it makes me laugh. As does the one that says that by the end of this, we'll know what everyone's real hair color is! lol
muscrat, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.