Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-23-2020, 04:40 AM   #4521
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Couldn’t sleep. Too much going through my mind, so I was praying very early this morning for our loved ones, and for all of you.

I started the watercolor tissue VSN Mini Challenge yesterday, and left it to dry. I Want to make it a card today and do another VSN Mini Challenge. I would like to have the minis and peeks done before the main event begin.

Jayne, I am glad to hear you got to go to the craft store. I was thinking I should go asI still have credit at the one near here. They emailed they would give curb service. But the most fun is the browsing! LOL

It’s funny that some of us are baking. I even baked butterscotch spice cookies, with Duncan Hines spice cake mix as a base. They were good. Using up stuff to make room for needed stuff. LOL we had that cake mix and those chips for a while! LOL

Gracie , glad you are doing VSN, too. I think this time a lot of people will be doing it.
Katherine, it sounds like you enjoyed a quiet anniversary.

I have to call PT and see if they will cancel before I go this morning. They have called and cancelled most dr. appointments.
Have a great crafty day!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-23-2020, 04:43 AM   #4522
Proud Fan Club Member

DH emptied the dish washer while I typed the above post.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:57 AM   #4523
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, the lady had gloves and a mask on and we kept our distance. I was glad I was the only one in there and spent too much lol. I am back self isolating but we do need to go to the supermarket every 10 days as the online ordering system can’t cope and deliveries are taking up to 4 weeks..eek. We need to go for fresh items and have decided in future I will go during the seniors hour and be first in and get out. It’s tricky but we could ask the kids to drop stuff off but I don’t want to put them at risk either. It’s such a balancing act.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:41 AM   #4524
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, DH will go to Walmart during the Senior hour tomorrow to get what we need. We aren’t on lockdown yet, but they are saying it may happen this week. We only have a small refrigerator and small top freezer in it, and ice maker takes up room. So we can’t stock up too much!
I am really in the mode of not wanting to be out at all, except to walk. It it has been rainy and cold here. Foggy today. Can’t see anything past the house across the street.
Our family are spread out to NYC, Maine, Georgia, and SC, a long ways from us!
But our church has emailed that if anyone needs anything , let them know. But we are fine.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:00 AM   #4525
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies, and welcome back to winter. It’s a gorgeous wonderland outside with the heavy snow that coats every branch. The roads are too warm for the snow to stick there, so it’s just a gorgeous day. 33 now, going up to 50 by afternoon, with all the snow melting into rain. As usual, Zyrtec was my first stop, and I have a pounder with hoarseness and coughing. I stumbled to the couch and DH said, I see you feel your usual morning self when the weather shifts! A cup of hot coffee appeared by magic on my end table. Did that first cup ever taste good!!!

Thanks, ladies, for the list of items for VSN! I believe I have everything on the list, so I’m ready to give it a shot!

When DH and I married 3 years ago, I moved to his home. And he’s the cook in the family, so I had to laugh reading about all your hubbies in the kitchen! My real issue is that he was a bachelor for a few years after his first wife passed, so sometimes he leaves cupboard doors open, drawers not pushed all the way in, he doesn’t clean like I do, and his nightly bowl of potato chips leave a Hansel and Gretal trail from the kitchen to the couch, lol. But he sure is a good cook!

He worked on his desk more yesterday, hours in the garage with the heater going, and his marriage of two old tables into one unique project is outstanding. I sure wish we had a place to put it. Meanwhile, I moved furniture around in the living room to get an idea how the new couch and chair will look. My sis is taking the overstuffed electric recliner, and DH’s DS3 will take the couch. I can’t wait!

Did anyone see the video of the nursing home coming up with games for their patients to play? It’s adorable!
These nursing home residents aren't allowed visitors so they're staying busy with life-size games - CNN

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:03 AM   #4526
Proud Fan Club Member

I awoke to a dusting of snow. I went out and brushed all three vehicles off in case it got colder. DS2 is the only one going out to work. Every so often I go outside to remind me God still gives us fresh air to take deep breaths. DH, sweetheart that he is, did up the stack of dishes that piled up yesterday. Hand washing here. No dishwasher. I never had one so never wanted one.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:12 AM   #4527
Proud Fan Club Member

I did wonder how long DH could stay home, as he is a runner by nature. He decided he wanted to see if the stores had any rubbing alcohol yet, and he was gone for two hours. He came back with bananas, coffee, and a few other things. At least he got it out of his system.

AnnetteMac, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:14 AM   #4528
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I definitely made a note of the movie you watched on your very quiet anniversary - maybe you can celebrate when this is over - because I love mysteries and especially one with comedy in it!!!

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:36 AM   #4529
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
I did wonder how long DH could stay home, as he is a runner by nature. He decided he wanted to see if the stores had any rubbing alcohol yet, and he was gone for two hours. He came back with bananas, coffee, and a few other things. At least he got it out of his system.
Did he find alcohol?

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:22 AM   #4530
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

We got just a dusting of snow this morning! Nothing on the roads.

Sheets changed and going to go feed the dogs! Have to keep to some normalcy!

Good that everyone is chatting! Need to stay in touch. Yesterday I reached out to my niece and nephew and a few neighbors. Everyone is good but can not believe what has happened in our world.

VSN is coming and will be good to get supplies of cards made for family and friends during this time. Hope the mail systems still works.

It's our own Sabrina's birthday this month, and I am mailing a card to her in Ireland. But I was wondering if flights for mail are still running out of the country.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:52 AM   #4531
Stazon Splitcoast

DH normally goes to the gym every day, but they have closed for the duration. Which meant finding an alternative to burn his calories. He used our treadmill one day, but prefers something else. So each morning he's been going out to a trail or park and running. He sometimes starts where he left off the day before. The negative is that running is a lot harder on the joints and feet, etc. A dirt trail is better than pavement. It's also been pretty cold, especially in the morning, and when it's windy, the open areas are bad. But he hasn't stopped. He's worked too hard to lose weight and maintain it.

I hate exercise, so I'm making my steps around in the house work for me.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 03-23-2020, 08:10 AM   #4532
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, still no alcohol available. He’s been checking online as well, and Out Of Stock is below every product.

But I did hear him say maybe he’ll go look for some today. This self-imposed quarantining is driving him bonkers!

He takes his mask and gloves with him everywhere.

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:12 AM   #4533
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, and that is how DH gets his steps in, he wanders around stores and places like Lowe’s and Menards. I’m like you, I get mine in here at home, especially if he’s gone and I play my dance music on my phone, lol. Doing housework is much more fun if I can jam while doing it.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:36 AM   #4534
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Glad to see all the chatter. I had a lovely weekend with DH. We walked the dog, worked on a 2000 piece puzzle, and watched some movies. I also baked some muffins from pancake mix (DH calls them portable pancakes) and found a recipe for a small batch of hamburger buns (4) and made those for supper last night. It was all very tasty. DH still goes in to his classroom to teach online. The teachers have the option to do it from home but being a science teacher it's easier to be in his classroom. I am working on things around here but am having a hard time keeping my focus on one thing at a time. I am an extrovert and am struggling with so much time on my own. I put my music on and just do what I feel like at the time.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:49 AM   #4535
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs Annette, sorry you are struggling! Looks like you found a way with your music on!!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:43 AM   #4536
Proud Fan Club Member

Michigan just issued the mandatory stay at home order.

And the Governor of Indiana, after talking around the situation and praising the people of our state for doing their best, he said he sadly had to issue the same for us. We tripled the number of those testing positive overnight. Michigan was under 200 last week and is now over 1,000. I admit my stomach dropped. But I said our home will probably be more clean than it’s been in years, and I have every reason to do VSN and send cards of encouragement to everyone I can think of. I told that to my stepmom who just called a few minutes ago, and she said, how sweet! So she is looking forward to receiving cheer mail!

Last edited by Kemernow; 03-23-2020 at 11:12 AM..
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:33 AM   #4537
Stazon Splitcoast

Something growing besides a virus. I 'planted' an avocado seed January 16. A few days ago, it has finally developed a root. I've never done this before, so we'll see if I can actually keep it alive.
Attached Thumbnails
img_2761.jpg   img_2762.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 03-23-2020, 10:59 AM   #4538
Proud Fan Club Member

Good luck, Melody! I usually get stuff like that started and then forget to look after the plant. I am not a gardener of any sort.

My Gallery
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:15 AM   #4539
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Our sunny days over the weekend are gone, it is overcast outside today and we are supposed to get some rain. At least the snow that was on my extended forecast for Wednesday has now changed to rain...yay! That is preferred in my opinion.

Right now I am #78 in line for an online chat with an Office Depot representative...yay, me. I had ordered new checks for the church and they are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I'm trying to get the destination changed since we are on mandatory stay at home, apparently a lot of people need to talk with them.

Melody, that is the perfect amount of snow. Enough to make areas pretty and white but not stick to the road!

Jayne, I'm glad you managed to get a trip to your craft store!

Sharon, that is what we need to do. Bake up some of the supplies in our pantry. I don't need all the sweets around though. I'm glad your church is offering to help those who need it. It is all a bit overwhelming, we are doing the same with our church here.

Kandie, I'll have to check the link out later. It sounds like a wonderful idea on the part of that nursing home.

I'm sure you would enjoy the Mrs. Pollifax books by Dorothy Gilman. They are such fun! By the way, if I didn't say it yesterday, we watched the movie via Amazon Prime. It was filmed in 1971.

Kathy, I've always had a dishwasher available though sometimes we'll do the dishes by hand just to warm up! There are also some things that just require hand washing.

Good for your DH, Melody! And congrats on your avocado seed sprouting!

Ann, I did the same reaching out to my brothers over the weekend to see if they are doing OK with all of this. Thankfully, they are.

Annette, I'm glad you are finding things to do to adjust to this situation we all find ourselves in. I know my girls are struggling with it a bit too.

It's almost my turn with Office Depot, I'd better go!
Old 03-23-2020, 11:56 AM   #4540
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good afternoon ladies!

Kandie, I loved that video of the nursing home ladies playing Hungry Hippos! So much fun! My mother is like your DH, she has to run to the store. Ants in the pants! She's 87 and I think we may have convinced her to finally stay home! Sheesh!

Melody, how cool to root an avocado. We love avocados!

Catherine, glad the snow forecast turned to rain. We have cloudy skies today. DH and brother are finishing siding our garage. My DB and SIL are driving back to Wisconsin tomorrow. They are leaving a week early with all the closings.

Ann, I'm so looking forward to VSN! Thanks for the reminder of Sabrina's birthday!

Annette, sorry to hear your struggling all the extra time on your own! I understand, I love talking with people and being out and about. Music is good for the soul!

Sharon, sorry to hear you were up in the night again! Hope your hands feel better soon.

Hugs to all!
Old 03-23-2020, 01:18 PM   #4541
Stazon Splitcoast

It would be totally cool if the avocado actually grew and developed fruit, but I really don't expect that. I'll be lucky if I actually get anything green growing up. House plants don't usually live long lives here. I've even killed aloe. LOL
Old 03-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #4542
Proud Fan Club Member

DH went to the liquor store today after looking online for alternatives to rubbing alcohol. He found out that grain alcohol would work. When he walked up to the counter with his alcohol the owner said, you only come in for beer, so if you’re buying that, you must be making hand sanitizer! The owner said he had stocked up on grain alcohol as soon as he heard the sanitizer was flying off the shelves, and he had restocked his shelf twice already by 4 pm and since it was selling so well, he saw no reason to raise the price like other retail marketers are doing.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, cdimick and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #4543
Proud Fan Club Member

I have a pretty good green thumb, but I've also killed aloe by over watering.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 02:25 PM   #4544
Proud Fan Club Member

I am done with the VSN Minis, now will start on the peeks.

PT is cancelled until further notice. The sun came out for a little while and I got a 30 minute walk in.

To clarify, my hands hurting isn’t what kept me from sleeping. It was all this that is going on.

We are Listening to a news conference for our county. I think they are going to a lock down, or groups of 10 or under, several options. Right now they are reading exceptions to businesses that would be closed. There are quite a few of them. It is a long list, and each number has a whole list of what goes under that. They are essential.. I told DH, they are a listing (exceptions) everything but craft stores! LOL. I guess they are not essential!
Old 03-23-2020, 03:18 PM   #4545
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Glad to hear that it's not your hands bothering you Sharon, especially since your PT is postponed for awhile! I have one more mini to do and then I can check out sneak peeks.

We just got back from walking the dogs. Partly cloudy here with rain later today.

Kandie, that's a good idea with the grain alcohol. I'm sure there will be an overabundance of hand sanitizer and TP soon! I'm an optimist. After all, how much can you use?

Melody and Kathy, I either overwater or don't water enough! No happy medium here...no green thumb either.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:31 PM   #4546
Proud Fan Club Member

DH just gave me a neck and shoulder massage. Then my card class friend started a group text and all five of us have been chatting!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 04:34 PM   #4547
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, you better keep him!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:36 PM   #4548
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, tell me... what is wrong with this picture? Would you wear these together? This is an email ad from JoAnn's.
Attached Thumbnails
img_2763.jpg  
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:01 PM   #4549
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
OK, tell me... what is wrong with this picture? Would you wear these together? This is an email ad from JoAnn's.
Looks like she has a mermaid skirt on! Weird!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:06 PM   #4550
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Gina K is doing a LIVE "Stamp & Chat with Gina K" on Facebook and youTube.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:55 PM   #4551
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks, Gracie. I watched it.
mcschmidty and AnnetteMac like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:58 PM   #4552
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Thanks, Gracie. I watched it.
I did too! She made 2 quick cards! Why does it always take me 1/2 a day to make a card? LOL
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:02 PM   #4553
Proud Fan Club Member

I want those die cuts. I can never cut straight!
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:26 PM   #4554
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I agree Sharon. That would really make it easy to make cards with those dies!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:21 PM   #4555
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I had Gina K's stamp & chat on Youtube...and napped through it. I'll have to watch it again. I didn't sleep well last night, don't know why.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:33 PM   #4556
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
I had Gina K's stamp & chat on Youtube...and napped through it. I'll have to watch it again. I didn't sleep well last night, don't know why.
It was a pretty low key stamp and chat as it was done live and without the usual cuts and edits. So I'm not surprised you fell asleep if you didn't sleep well last night. I sure hope you sleep better tonight! You have a lot on your mind with work and family. Hugs!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:35 PM   #4557
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It was the end of my first day of working from home, I also stayed up too late last night with DD2. I need to sit down and write up a bunch of cards and get them in the mail!
Old 03-23-2020, 08:38 PM   #4558
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm behind on getting cards sent out. I need to get back on a regular schedule now that my DB and SIL are leaving for Wisconsin tomorrow. It was a fun 3 weeks though.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:49 PM   #4559
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oops, I posted that and then left to make bread.

It sounded like a fun 3 weeks, Gracie. I'm not sure how you managed that and your Dirty Girl debut too!
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:08 PM   #4560
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

A late drop in, almost my bedtime!!!

I am happy to report that my neck is feeling much better and the headache has lightened up quite a bit! I do have a bit of an allergy headache, but it is different..... It has to be pretty bad for me to take Tylenol.... I just got Tylenol after the accident, as I hear the 'virus' and NSAID's like Aleve or Ibuprofen are causing a wierd syndrome (like Reyes syndrome in kids with Aspirin) so wanted to avoid it.....

My daughter ran to the city (Chicago) to her apartment and packed a few more clothes and emptied out her refridge. She must like us...LOL so will be staying here for a bit. I love having her dog in the house, and he is so big- and he pulls- so I cannot walk him alone (my neck issue). He LOVES my husband- he pounced on him for a lick fest earlier tonight and I took pictures- it was hysterical! No Social Distancing for him! LOL

I really loved the idea of Hungry Hippos at that nursing home. This is such a funny video and a great idea! Where my mom was for her last 6 months, they used to take pool noodles and hit balloons with them back and forth to each other.

Catherine- Happy Anniversary!!! We got married in '87 too! And, your cinnamon rolls sound delicious!

Melodie- thanks for those direct link to VSN- I could not find the sneak peaks either! I hope to join in this time around- nothing on the calendar for this weekend : ) I have never tried to root an avacado- will it work at home? I would love to try it!

Ann- that is alot of work for you to clean up all of the dogs beds etc...so nice of your son to do that for you!

Sharon- glad the church is checking in on you! I am not sure how our church checks in on our elders! Unless, the elders are our friends. I do know a few from Bibke study, but they all do have family that checks in on them.

Kathy- love that your hubby rubs your neck or massages it! Mine will do that if it gets really bad, but he will NOT let me touch his! I nag at him about his posture while working on the computer all day : ) Gently of course....

My hubby does cook on occasion, but I cook, he does the dishes. we have a dishwasher and I like to use it for the heat and sanitizing of dishes in times like this (visus season), but he hand washes them all alot.

Kandie- When the lockdown is in full effect, your hubby will still have to get out I imagine! Sorry you are feeling bad!

Gracie- your company is going to leave and you will be hitting the stamp room hopefully! Hope they have a safe trip home! We have a wet rainy week coming this way, although you are further north.

Jayne- we are trying not to go out as well. We are on lockdown too, and not to meet in groups over 10 now. The police in Chicago says they will break up larger gatherings and there will be reprucussions- so maybe a $$$ fine?

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.