Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-18-2020, 10:04 AM   #4361
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all! Thank you for the kind words about my art. The
"painting" is actually brushos sprinkled on photo paper and then
spritzed with water. I have made some fun backgrounds with it but
thought I would frame that one because it reminded me of a wheat field.

Kandie
- the cost of the book depends on the number of cuts or folds. Some
have a lot, like the tiger. That one has just short of 5500 cuts and
some of them are only 1mm apart. I listed that one at $295. I didn't
really want to sell it, it's my favorite. I also create and sell custom
patterns for people to do their own folding. I can create one for you if you want to try the challenge.

Going to try and finish this comissioned piece so I can start making cards again.
Have a great day all!

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:05 AM   #4362
Proud Fan Club Member

Brenda Quintana (qbee) posted a video on YouTube for a toilet paper roll gift box! This is the one I made.

Toilet Paper Box by muscrat - at Splitcoaststampers

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 03-18-2020, 10:51 AM   #4363
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon!

Heard from Victoria, she said shelves are empty at stores, McDonalds is only operating the drive thrus and ships are at port not unloading. She is about the same and hanging in there!

My stomach is acting up today, another side effect of the shot. I can move my arm with less pain today but the area of the shot has spread since yesterday. Bigger reddened area.

Hope all of you are doing well today!!
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:22 PM   #4364
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I can't believe how long you are suffering from that shingles shot. That's awful! Hugs!

Glad you heard from Sis Vicki, even though she still is suffering from headaches. Sending hugs her way too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Afternoon!

Heard from Victoria, she said shelves are empty at stores, McDonalds is only operating the drive thrus and ships are at port not unloading. She is about the same and hanging in there!

My stomach is acting up today, another side effect of the shot. I can move my arm with less pain today but the area of the shot has spread since yesterday. Bigger reddened area.

Hope all of you are doing well today!!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:17 PM   #4365
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm not sure if I told you, but dad got his scooter finally. Mom called today to tell me hes getting around pretty good on it today. I made a few modifications because of his coordination. I made a cardboard cover to cover the speed button because he shakes and kept putting it up faster. Now he can't touch that button. I also added color to the joy stick because it was hard to see it as it was black. I was worried it was a waste of money (although insurance paid for it.). We just need to get the outside ramp built. But its wet out so he couldn't drive it outside yet anyway

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:23 PM   #4366
Proud Fan Club Member

Have you ever watched the crazy Russian hacker on YouTube? If you can understand him, he is so funny. Here's a funny video. If you don't have time to watch the whole thing, watch the first two minutes!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:31 PM   #4367
Proud Fan Club Member

DH came home from work with good news of sorts. They are cutting hours to 20 per week but paying them for 40! I'm so grateful!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 06:41 PM   #4368
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I’m glad to hear your father received his scooter. We are two or three days away from the first day of Spring, so statistical probabilities say sooner or later it will warm up.

Speaking of weather, it has been 41 degrees all yesterday and today, plus wind and icy cold pouring down rain today. I gagged down some DayQuil, dressed warm, stuffed protective gloves, face mask, and hand sanitizer in my purse, and went to Target for my first time outside in a week to see what the stores may have restocked. I was going to visit several stores but only made it to one before the cold got to me. You know, it’s like a ghost town outside, streets and parking lots all but empty or places closed altogether.

Target checkout was self serve only, no cashiers. So many shelves and freezer displays were empty and taped off. No meat but a bit of fresh ground turkey, which I bought. Some shelves were being stocked while I was there. Customers were very few, browsing slowly, and very polite. Everything was either 1.99, 2.69, 2.99 or 3.49. DH would know if the prices had been raised, he does the shopping. I don’t think they were. And a nice young lady carrying a HUGE pack of toilet paper told me TP was restocked every morning. And pizzas were 3/10.00. Only Red Baron brand was left.

I don’t mean to make a joke of the situation, but it was sure easy to see what foods people didn’t like, basically, all the vegan and health food stuffs. They were still on the shelves!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:47 PM   #4369
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It's like we are in a bad movie the way it is at the stores and on the streets.

Milwaukee has more cases of the virus. We are staying put in the house! We are just 30 miles NW of Milwaukee. There are cases of the virus now in our county too.
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:02 PM   #4370
Proud Fan Club Member

DS2 says Walmart is changing hours again. 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. And they are temporarily closing tire and lube department. DS2 used to work tire and lube! He is asset protection now! I am seeing God's hand at work tonight. I hope YouTubers keep me busy!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 07:28 PM   #4371
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

My spouses cousin cancelled her trip up to WI for later this month. We planned to all get together on one of the days she would be here. She is from Illinois.

She texted me to say with the way things are she would just stay home, said her and her spouse are healthy and wish to stay that way. She is in her 70's and I totally agreed with her.

How things work out! Yesterday she ended up in the hospital with a bowel obstruction and surgery late last night. It's just so strange and maybe I am reading into it. Stay home be healthy and she ends up in the hospital!

Everything is weird now!

Last edited by annsforte3; 03-18-2020 at 07:34 PM..
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:39 PM   #4372
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my goodness Ann! That's too bad about your spouse's cousin. Thankfully, she stayed home and was able to get the surgery done. I'm glad you're staying home...no sense risking getting the virus. Hope your arm is better.

Kandie, it must seem weird to see the shelves empty. I haven't been to the grocery store or Walmart since this all started last week. Glad you took precautions when you went out.

Kathy, good idea to block the speed on your dad's scooter. Funny underwear video and I like the cap gun!

I actually got 2 cards done today. I had hoped to do at least 4! LOL I think too much!

Last edited by JRHolbrook; 03-18-2020 at 07:44 PM..
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:05 PM   #4373
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! I've been so busy between work and then searching multiple stores for needed groceries that I haven't had much free time. Going into stores reminds me of East Berlin when we toured it back in the 80s. So unreal to see so many empty shelves! I have read all the chatter, not sure I'll remember everything I read to comment though.

However, Annette, your books are amazing! How long does it take to create one of the more intricate fold ones? That looks like a lot of time and precision to me!

Not to make light of the situation, but humor is good, right? One of the posts I saw made me think of Kathy because it said "I need to get 50 people to go for a walk with me dressed up like zombies." Isn't The Walking Dead a zombie show? I think it is and that is why it made me think of you, Kathy.

Glad your dad is getting around better on his scooter and that your DH's hours will be cut but not his pay. Also thankful for your DS's change of job at Walmart so he will still have hours.

Sorry you are having ocular migraines, Jayne. I get those sometimes, fortunately mine aren't painful, they are just annoying.

I'm glad Vickster checked in with you, Ann, and that you are healing from that shot. Sorry to read about your spouse's cousin, thankful she was where she could get it taken care of.

I cracked up at the sketch challenge card that had the tp rolls on it, burlap background, and the sentiment "You can't always get what you want!" Too funny.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:10 PM   #4374
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Catherine. The Walking Dead is actually about a virus. Everyone is infected though. And as long as they are alive, the virus is dormant. But if they die the virus turns them into zombies or walkers as we call them.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, cdimick, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:18 PM   #4375
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I just posted two cards for the letter N...now to go back and make my letter O!

I have never seen The Walking Dead, but apparently picked up enough about it that when I saw that, it made me think of you.

I found Monday's Bull interesting in that Michael Weatherly made an announcement before the episode aired because it was about an anthrax poisoning and with everything going on now, they thought they should remind the viewers that it was recorded earlier and is strictly for entertainment.
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:06 AM   #4376
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning. Still ticking along here. Would like to feel better but small thing.

Ann, please say hi to Vicki from me.  I have an email to send but not had the motivation the past 2 days to email. I am thinking of her.

Our Government has now stopped non citizens coming into our country and 2 States have closed their borders....Tasmania and the NT. We’ve just seen a group of young adults having a huge party on a beach in Florida.....!...and the US Government asking them to practice social distancing. One girl was interviewed and said they just want to keep doing what they always do...really. Don’t we all. 

I read a lot today and started a scrapbook page. Tomorrow is a new day and more self isolating. 

It’s also getting cooler and we are in our winter woollies in the evening. I got out the winter throw for our sofa tonight and soon the winter doona will come out....and what is usually the start of our flu season...eek.

Keep well and safe everyone

Sorry if some see this post twice..trying to be more productive lol.

Last edited by Ozpom; 03-19-2020 at 04:10 AM..
Old 03-19-2020, 04:50 AM   #4377
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

If anyone is interested I’m posting photos in the following thread from our visit to one of our beaches last week and Sculptures by the Sea. I’m playing a fun game where I post a few photos of the first sculptures and you can guess what they are depicting. I thought some fun is needed right now. Here’s the link

picture t605354 22.html
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:33 AM   #4378
Proud Fan Club Member

I’ve caught up on chatter, but DH is talking about the estate sales coming up, and The People’s Court is blaring in the bg, so I’ve already forgotten what I read!

Except for the laugh I got from the 50 people requested to dress up like zombies, LOL! Oh yes, humor is definitely needed!

Our mall is closing but the workers are still to receive benefits and compensation. I’m so glad to hear our area stores are continuing to pay salaries. HL has been busy. They are staying open so people can buy supplies to work on while staying home, they have limited the hours from noon to 6 pm. And Martins, a very large local store with several branches, is having special senior hours from 7:30 to 9 am so we don’t have to mingle with the general population. The town is pulling together to figure things out.

Gosh, I had something to write about but I’ve already forgotten. The tv is still blaring, and now DH is rambling about Dale Earnhardt running other NASCAR drivers off the road. Bless his sweet heart, I have no idea what that has to do with anything, lol.

Birds are dive-bombing our front porch. It’s time to get some bird scene. We’ve seen several cardinals but no robins yet. Has anyone seen robins?

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:49 AM   #4379
Proud Fan Club Member

I saw one robin so far.

I haven't watched Bull any this season because they put it on at the same time as another show I watch.....the same with the rookie.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 07:03 AM   #4380
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Kandie, we have no cardinals, but had a beautiful blue bird dive bomb our patio door. I wasn’t fast enough to get a photo.
Our major, biggest mall announced it was closing.
Yesterday when We went to mu follow up surgery appointment they took our temps and asked the questions, as we entered the building.  Results of appointment: no restrictions. When I asked about the pain and soreness, the answer was that I have arthritis and carpal tunnel and that the surgery has aggravated them. Maybe it will be better in a couple of months. And she agrees that paper crafting is good PT. I have four more weeks of PT, once a week.

Kathy, the instant underwear video was funny. Thanks for the humor.
Ann, I hope your DH cousin is going to be ok. How are you feeling? Have the reactions to your shot subsided?
I can’t remember everything I read: it was a lot!
Oh, Catherine, I hope you are able to find all you need.
Kandie, hope that you get better today.
Jayne, I am headed over to see your photos!
I hope to craft today. I did yesterday.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:15 AM   #4381
Proud Fan Club Member

Ah, that’s what I wanted to comment on and forgot. We did watch Bull, and I did think it very appropriate that Michael Weatherby prefaced the show with a message that the show had been taped months ago. Good job, producers.

DH called H&R Block about filing his taxes. Filing has to be done by April 15, but payments aren’t due until July 15 for anyone who owes, with no penalty charged.

Area furniture stores announced some major sales going on. We had planned on looking for a new couch later this year. We have a La-Z-Boy which should have been good quality but broke down (the recliner part) soon after we bought it. We gave ourselves two years to use it before getting a new one. Well, the store is having a 75% off everything in the store sale, so my thrifty DH said maybe we should stop in today and see what they have.

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:18 AM   #4382
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, good morning. I had a little arthritis In my toe before my foot surgery, now I have a lot! Not to be a downer, my friend, I hope your pains do diminish in time!

mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:41 AM   #4383
Proud Fan Club Member

The PA showed me the X-rays, Kandie, and said the arthritis was bad in my thumbs, and I had a right to hurt! Glad DH was with me! LOL
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:58 AM   #4384
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. Since I have only 2 ladies coming, I'm having class this morning. I know that either of them would cancel if they are feeling ill, so we're risking it. They have both just arrived, so gotta go. Have a great day everyone. I hope you are all feeling much better today. Cyber hugs!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:19 AM   #4385
Proud Fan Club Member

Our Stampin up order came so DH is picking that up on his way home. He has off tomorrow and then starting next week, he will work Monday, Tuesday and half day Wednesday.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 08:31 AM   #4386
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all!
I made a trip to the store yesterday
for groceries. Very quiet. Some things are hard to find but thankfully
the stores have put limits on the amounts of meat you can buy at one
time. I'm not sure about tp because I didn't need any so didn't go to
that aisle. I live in a small town and our stores all have seniors only
hours first thing in the morning.

Our government has delayed the tax filing deadline until June and payments
are deferred until September. They have also put a pause on student loan
payments and interest. Please keep my daughter in your prayers. She
works in health care in a major city and I worry about her every day.
The saving grace is that she is a PT and not in an emergency room.

Catherine,
the intricate books take a lot of hours. The one I'm working on has
taken me about 8 hours so far to do the marking. It will probably take
another 8 to do the cutting and folding.

Ann, I hope you are recovering well from your shot.

Sharon, I'm sorry that you are in pain. My cousin suffers from terrible arthritis and takes MSM. She says it helps.

Enjoy your class time Melody. Everyone else have a wonderful day.

My Gallery

Last edited by AnnetteMac; 03-19-2020 at 08:48 AM..
Old 03-19-2020, 08:37 AM   #4387
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning all!! Yes, lots of chatter, that is good that we have each other!

It's weird here! Son number 4 is working upstairs, spouse is working in the basement and son number 5 is working in the front room. Each on a different level for phone calls!

Dogs must sense something is wrong, they too seem grumpy. Athena growled at Iris this morning, Iris was only trying to walk by her!

Told my spouse not to go out to the stores. We are out of bread but I will make some thanks to recipes from Catherine and Melody. Now to go write them down before I forget where they are in the post.

Catherine, hope you are able to get supplies! Same for the rest of you!

Grandkids are so sad we are not coming over, but thank goodness for facetime! Hard to not be able to hug them, but we are doing high five hugs while on facetime. So I said to Jack you hug your sister for me and Teresa you hug Jack for me! Teresa screams at Jack, "you are not kissing me!!" Great memory!
lacyquilter, AnnetteMac, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:12 AM   #4388
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all! I'm at least 2 hours later than most of you, except for Jayne and Catherine, of course.

Hoping to get some more cards made today. I have some birthdays coming up. I also have a long to-do list, but that can wait! LOL
Old 03-19-2020, 09:23 AM   #4389
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder, to not forget to buy stamps so you may keep sending out your cards to loved ones!!
mcschmidty, shirlb19, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #4390
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I always have a small stockpile of stamps on hand, including international stamps. I love to see what the new stamp images are, but our small postal office doesn't always get them or else, they have a limited supply of new stamps.
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:23 AM   #4391
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Good morning- almost noon- today would be my dad's 92nd birthday- he is gone 4 years now. My family- there are 7 of us- have a text thread and it is on fire- lots of chatter!

One sister, also in Illinois- has 5 kids at home 26 down to 17, and cannot find TP!

My daughter is here, working on line- teacher in Chicago- she went out yesterday to Trader Joes and Target- I wanted Tylenol instead of Advil, and the shelves were wiped clean!
Target is starting an early AM time for seniors and immunocompromised.... Daughter has RA, so is in that category. She did find Chicken at TJ's with a limit of 2.

Annette- I love the books- so very cool! I bought a book about 6 years ago to make one, but it never happened. Also, loving your Brusho art! Prayers for your daughter, I have rec'd phone calls to see if I would like to go back to work, but cannot lift and have bad asthma- my hubby said NO!!! But, I sure appreciate family & friends (my son) who are nurses or medical personnel!

Ann- I googled the Shingrex shot and itching at the site is one of the listed side effects. Side effects usually last 2-3 days per the site I visited. I am due for #2, but that is on the back burner at doc office right now.
We also have hubby in basement and daughter in the kitched, I am soon to be upstairs in my craft room.

Kandie- LOL- love the underwear, but wouldn't they be wet to put on? And, wonder if they come in different sizes. I just loved your hubby and his socks story.
I noticed on your card from Yesterday your last name is Ryan. One of my Dad's Irish families is named Ryan. They went by clan names....so one family Ryan-Ryan but different 'clans'.

Catherine- shelves are cleaned out here as well. I am not one that gets ZOmbies- I did not they had a germ that gets spread when they die.

Kathy- your box is beautiful, and I know you will have fun with your new goodies : ) Looking forward to seeing what you will make.
We see lots of robins here- one pretty fat it looks as if it may explode!!!

Sharon- PT once a week is great! You are making good progress by the sounds of it!

Jayne- stay safe- will visit pictures a little later. I love photography- lots of bird pictures : ) Hope your headache improves!

Melodie- hope your class went well!

Dagmar- whay is curd- a dairy product?

I sent a message to doc- whiplash a bit better, but my B/P is running pretty high for me. Since I have a B/P machine at home, I took B/P when they did the home doc visit. hmmmmm!

Off to creative space!
Waving hello to all!
Shelly
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #4392
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Here is the robin- they do fluff up their feathers in the winter to help them stay warm, but this guy is just huge!!!

Shelly
AnnetteMac, cdimick, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:44 AM   #4393
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, class was good. Ladies just left about 10 min. ago.

We've been seeing robins for a couple of weeks now.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:50 AM   #4394
Proud Fan Club Member

I have been making small envelopes out of 6x6 papers I cut from 12x12. Now I am ready to watch Helen again on the technique to see how to put them together. I used my punch board which has been ignored forever! LOL lots of other projects to do, but for some reason, I wanted to try this.

I walked today around our addition, and two couples with small kids were walking, too. What I. Noticed is one family stayed clear of everyone, while one, walked right up to me and talked. I would rather they kept their distance. Other walkers also went to other side of street to go by. Just interesting. I still am in limbo about my retreat next weekend. Only six of us. DH says go, if nothing else changes between now and then.

Our son is hiking the Appalachian Trail. He posts on FB he is self isolating, no one in front or behind him for several miles. I think he pretty safe out there!
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:55 AM   #4395
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, I forgot, he may have to quit though, because about Avery five days or so you have to get off the trail and resupply. Last stop he was lucky to find a store open. So that might be a problem. Finding stores open, with everything closing. I think he is in Tennessee now. He start at the star which is in Georgia.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:07 PM   #4396
Proud Fan Club Member

Is he on the trail by himself? I just wonder how you keep sane on a hike like that? Any hiking I've ever done was with someone to talk to by my side.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 12:31 PM   #4397
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I was wondering the same thing, Kathy. Plus for safety always good to travel with someone.
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:41 PM   #4398
Proud Fan Club Member

He knows people on the trail at different places and they text , I guess. They see people at the shelters but he puts a hammock with tent over it , like a cocoon between two trees, usually away from the others.

Ok, my project was a complete failure! I don’t know what made me think I could do it! The envelopes were all off a bit and different sizes. I did them all the same! Also, once you put the glue on the flap, I had a terrible time slipping it insthe other! Helen made it look so easy. Now have glue all over my fingers. LOL
Old 03-19-2020, 12:44 PM   #4399
Proud Fan Club Member

they started out 8 together but all hike at different rates. They hike 10 to 20 miles a day. This is 4th or 5th time he has done this trail. I guess he feels pretty safe. The rain is really getting him this year.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:11 PM   #4400
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon, my DH and son were going to hike on that trail a couple years ago - not the whole thing, though. But then our son hurt his knee playing volleyball, so they decided not to go. They had tried a shorter walk here in town, and he didn't think he'd be able to do it all day for several days. They had walkie talkies, as well as mobile phones & special charging devices, plus lightweight backpacks and sleeping bags, etc.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.