Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-21-2019, 12:44 PM   #401
Gabfest Goddess

[email protected] All Aloooooohhhaaaaa!!!

Sis Liz Welcome!!!! So nice to see ya coming to join in with us !!
annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:30 PM   #402
Proud Fan Club Member

What a day! DH and I were trimming trees down front when I heard someone yelling help! I ran so I could see behind my sisters house and DH says is that your dad laying on the steps by the garage? I ran like crazy so he would know help was coming. I went in the house and couldn't find mom, but the water was running in the kitchen sink. I shut it off and went out with dads walker and DH and I got him up and into the house. Mom comes in the kitchen and says did he fall? We got him onto his bed and mom cleaned him up and then we took him to the ER. They did a CT scan and xrays and nothing was broken but he had an 8 inch cut they glued shut. He can't lift his arm up very high so she said to follow up with orthopedics in case he tore his rotator cuff. Apparently that doesn't show on xray or CT scans. But no brain bleeds. Arthritis in his neck. I feel like I need a wheelchair tonight since I was dragging tree branches before this happened. I'm just glad I heard him because no one else did. They did give him a tetanus shot because no one remembered when he had one and there wasn't anything listed in his chart. Oh, I was in such a hurry I just threw sandals on and my feet were filthy! Glad no one noticed!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
annsforte3, Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:39 PM   #403
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, I loved the racoon video and the little girl dancing with her day through the years too! You find the Best videos! Thank you for sharing~

Welcome, Liz! We are always happy to invite others to share their versions of cards made with letters of the alphabet. Come show us what you got!

Today DH and I went to yard sales all morning long.... We found so many cool things, and that's where the fun is. Yay! Getting things for inexpensive prices is always a bonus! Came home and worked on a card for the DD, and shampooed another 5 x 7 rug we purchased today.

Kandie, I had to laugh at the saying you showed to us. Lol

Melody, me veins are way to easy to poke and draw blood from. Only one time this nurse (who had to be a newbie on the floor) jabbed me twice and then decided to go get someone else. This happened while I was in labor with child number 3, and let me tell you, when she left I let out my true feelings. No holding back, ladies, if you know what I mean. She didn't hear me, but my mom and DH did, and maybe a few others since I was in the recovery room at the time. All labor rooms were filled up-it was a full moon that day! Lol

Time for a shower, it got hot today~

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:42 PM   #404
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, wow, that must have been scary for you to hear your dad screaming for help! Yikes! So glad you were in ear shot and able to help him. I will be praying for him, poor guy. What a mess.

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Old 09-21-2019, 06:49 PM   #405
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! It has been a lovely and busy family day today though I have a small headache. Is it a sympathy headache?

Jayne, thanks for letting me know where you find the names of new members. I have noticed the birthday list before but not the new members just above it!

Kathy, so thankful you heard your dad's call for help and were able to get there so quickly and thankful for no brain bleeds. Your poor mom too.

Kandie, goodness, sorry you had a headache all that time. That is the pits. And to have to deal with such loudness with your headache too. I hope it has gone away by now.

Funny sign, I know people who would completely agree with it too.

For a little while there, I had a kitten curled up on the couch beside me while I was typing this. That's a new one, usually she is tearing around at break neck speed!

Aloha, Vickster! How are you doing?

Roberta, it sounds like you had a fun morning with your DH.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:19 PM   #406
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm so happy that you were outside at the time. Hope there are no other injuries. Prayers for your family!

Roberta, what a fun morning you had!! What sort of things did you get?

I'm at that stage where I do not want anything else in the house!! Trying to get rid of stuff!

Catherine, that is so sweet that the kitten curled up on you!! Glad you had a good day!

Strange day for me, don't know where it went to.

But good news, my youngest son bought me an Ipad Pro! It's not knew but still expensive. It's the 12.9 inch screen. Fun to play on!

He said I need it to text people having a regular sized keyboard so my arthritis hands do not work as hard.
Chatterbox-1, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:49 PM   #407
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night everyone!!
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:33 PM   #408
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, so sorry to hear about your dad's fall! I'm so glad you heard him calling and hopefully, he doesn't have a torn rotator cuff. Prayers and thoughts of you and mom.

Catherine, awww, a little kitty snuggling by you. I miss my cat, Teddy. Hope your headache went away.

Roberta, it's such fun when you find good buys at yard sales!

Lucky you Ann, a new iPad pro!

Aloha Sis!

I went to a concert at the HS with the neighbor. It was great. Now I'm tired, so I'll probably go to bed an read. Have a good night everyone.
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:05 PM   #409
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello to all!

Sale was today, not the greatest, but the best part is sorting was done and all of the stuff is out of the house. The other ladies sis about the same- We all had stamping /art supplies, just different stuff- one mixed media, one scrapbooking, me stamping, one beading and needlecrafts.

Ann, sorry to hear about the doc appt. The people who draw blood are usually med techs and not nurses.... unless you are in the hospital : ) I am a nurse and can so relate to bad veins : ) Especially when patients are being admitted to Intensive Care in shock or low blood counts or bad medical shape! Hope all of your tests turn out well.
Congrats on your new Ipad Pro!

Kathy- that video of the dad/daughter was sure a tear jerker!!!

Liz- welcome!!! I am just joining in as well!

Kathy- so glad you hear your dad's call and that he was OK!

Roberta- you would have loved our little sale today- lots and lots of great creative supplies at fabulous prices!

Catherine- I love to try watercoloring! I took art classes with my mom when I was her caregiver, and used Daniel Smith watercolors- they are just so beautiful! I love the gorgeous colors!

Kandie- sorry you have a headache! 6 days is a long time!

Just back from a Gala- spent a few $$$ to support homeless. It was a fun night- sis and her three boys and their wives/girlfriend were there- they are fun to catch up with.

Happy Sunday- hope to have time to create tomorrow!!!

Shelly
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:25 AM   #410
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I’m going to post this link first before I lose it.

One Sheet Wonder Template for Batch Card Making | I Teach Stamping
Attached Thumbnails
83d455cd-0f61-45e9-b784-6d34b860e86a.jpeg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
lacyquilter, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:47 AM   #411
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Morning!!

You wonder people have that much time to waste that they troll this site! Crooks in all places I guess.

Kandie, glad you are back and no to that sign today!

Jayne, happy weekend to you too!!

Off to eat breakfast and take care of the dogs!! They need their morning meds too for their legs!
We get everywhere ROFL
annsforte3 likes this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:59 AM   #412
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Sunday everyone....

Kathy so glad that you heard your dad call out and hope that he’s ok. What a shock for you all.

Ann, enjoy your iPad Pro....I would have loved one but got jut the standard iPad when I upgraded a couple of months ago. I’m also trying to get rid of stuff...it’s not easy but I feel overwhelmed at times by all the stuff in our house.

Shelly glad the sale went well. Sounds as though you had a fun night at the gala.

Catherine hope that your headache has gone...and also yours too Kandie.
Catherine I’d love a kitten but we won’t get a pet whilst we still travel.

We’ve been at golf and hubby and I won a perpetual plate and another $100...not sure how that happened but we were happy and feel very honoured to get our names on a silver dish. Tomorrow I’m in the next round of the ladies championships and not sure how that happened either lol. I’m a very average golfer. I was going to do some craft but need an early night.

Hi everyone else. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:33 AM   #413
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

If anyone would like to make some gel prints using items found around the home, check out the videos and my challenge on S2S.

Hubby just came to me and gave me his empty reflux tablet pack....he asked if it was any good for my craft. Love him millions..he’s a keeper lol. He also said, so this mixed media thing is basically using any crap we have around the place.....yep that about sums it up for me lol. Can’t wait to use it on my gelli plate lol.
muscrat, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:20 AM   #414
Stazon Splitcoast

I played with spices yesterday - mixed pumpkin pie spice with modeling paste for the free for all challenge.

Good morning. Rainy today, but cool.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:23 AM   #415
Proud Fan Club Member

Im worn out and it isn't even 10:30 yet! We took down a pine tree out front. It had cable wires running through so DH trimmed all branches on the outside. Then my BIL climbed up and tied a climbing rope to it. BIL is trained and teaches climbing. Then my Sister, BIL and I pulled on the rope as DH cut the base so it would fall where we planned. Perfection! Then BIL stayed out and helped DH! I drove the four wheeler to haul branches up to burning barrel. I only know first gear! Luckily that's all I needed for that distance! I took my shoes off and relaxing now. Overworked right shoulder but we are done so I'm happy.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 09-22-2019, 07:24 AM   #416
Proud Fan Club Member

We could use a little rain here, Melody!

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:27 AM   #417
Proud Fan Club Member

Boy, did I miss a lot of chatter!
Kathy, so glad you heard your Dad! What a day for you! So nice that you live near your folks and can help them. I pray he doesn’t have a torn rotator cuff, as he has enough physical ailments to deal with!

I don’t think I can remember all the posts I read. Roberta, so fun that you found some cheap goodies at the sale. But, I am like Ann, in this stage of my life, I am trying to get stuff out of my house! LOL. I used to love to go to garage sales, and estate sales, but now, I won’t let myself stop!

Welcome, Shelly and Liz, in case I hadn’t welcomed you yet. . Don’t know when I was on last.

Melody, I will have to look up that challenge.

Ann, an iPad, Jayne, and iPad? I don’t text on a phone, but I can text from my iPad to you. Don’t know how to get connected though. Maybe my email? All I know is Hawaiian and I are connected for texting and FaceTime, too. Hawaiian how do I get connected to text them?

Got to get ready for church. Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 09-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #418
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

mcschmidty, lacyquilter, smadson and 5 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:41 AM   #419
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Shelly, sounds like you had so much fun with the Gala and family!! So happy for you!!

Kathy, you work too hard!! Hope you rest up so you're not hurting!

Sharon, have a restful time a church!!

I really didn't need an I Pad Pro but son just said sure you do!! He keeps me up to speed with technology since that's the business he is in with my oldest son!

For my birthday he got me a kindle so now my craft room looks more like a tech room with all this stuff!!

It's pouring here right now and suppose to continue raining all day! Spouse is still sleeping with a headache, dogs are snoring, and number one son will be stopping by son with Jack for a visit!

So off to load more laundry before they get here! Then it will be play time with Jack. Might be trains or might be a game of Pokemon! Yup his new thing Pokemon cards!! I think I liked the trains better!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #420
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gracie, love that sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:54 AM   #421
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is sunny and warming up here - but it won't be hot like earlier in the summer, thankfully.

I don't think I told you all that DD1 got the job at the Starbucks corporate store. She is at her current job right now and today is the day she is giving her two week notice. She is concerned that they won't behave themselves there (she hasn't gotten paid for over a month and only just followed up on it last Friday). We told her that if they didn't process her paychecks appropriately, that would open them up to problems with the state labor board so we don't think they would be that foolish.

DH is outside working on the deck as I sit here and type....I should get out there and help him. I'll be glad to be done with that project!

Have fun with your iPad Pro, Ann! I have never gotten a tablet (Apple or otherwise) so it is a platform that is completely unfamiliar to me.

Shelly, it would have been fun to go to your sale...and probably very tempting!

Congrats on more golf winning, Jayne! I have to ask what is a perpetual plate? Is that something attached to a trophy with your name engraved on it? I think you must be a better golfer than you realize!

That sounds like an intriguing challenge, Melody, I'll have to go look at it.

Wow, Kathy, glad things went well with taking the tree down. Sounds like it was a tricky one with the cables going through it.

Love the sign, Gracie!
Old 09-22-2019, 09:55 AM   #422
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ann, that is funny you telling Kathy she works too hard. From one lady who works too hard to another!
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #423
Proud Fan Club Member

Too late, Ann! I'm already hurting! DH yelled at me this morning. He said I told you not to over do it! I said But I love working outside and didn't want to stop! Now sitting and relaxing and have elbow brace on and kitty in my lap.

Dad says funny stuff now. I can't help but laugh, even though its really sad. In the ER yesterday he said I should make sure they give him a slip to return to work. He hasn't worked since his stroke in 1980!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #424
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Ann, that is funny you telling Kathy she works too hard. From one lady who works too hard to another!
True, but we are always worried about the other person! And we can't see it in ourselves.

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #425
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That is true, Kathy, and you both have hearts of gold!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:03 AM   #426
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you! I ask God every day to make me a blessing. Instead He blesses me!

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:08 AM   #427
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I think He does both, Kathy, because you are a blessing too.
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #428
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you for the kind words!! It's hard to just sit, have to be doing and helping!

Catherine that is horrible that your daughter hasn't been paid! What is going on with them?
mcschmidty, muscrat, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:33 PM   #429
Proud Fan Club Member

About two years ago DS2 took a side job. The company is a local automotive repair and sales. It took them forever to start paying him. He finally gave notice and quit. He kept stopping in for his check and they could never find them. They put them all in envelopes and in a basket behind the counter. Then he got his last check but not the one before that but it showed in the year to date amounts. He kept going back but no one could find it. Finally I decided to pray for that company and the people working there and asked God to help me forgive and move on. That day his check came in the mail! I honestly don't believe they were trying to short him. I just think it got lost in the mess and someone found it and mailed it in Gods timing!.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, cdimick, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:52 PM   #430
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It is actually partially her fault because she hasn't followed up on it sooner. When she followed up on it last week, she found out that when someone doesn't sign up for direct deposit, they only mail the first few paychecks. I think she has gotten three. After that, people who don't have direct deposit are supposed to pick their check up at Guest Services. When we talked about it, she said they probably told her that during initial training but that so much information was flying at her, she didn't retain it. Of course, when they went to check at Guest Services, the checks weren't there to be found. (If I worked in Guest Services, I would have been chasing her down to get the checks off my desk but that is just me.) So now they have to investigate and figure out what happened. She said she felt like they didn't believe her that she didn't get her checks, like she had forgotten she got them which annoyed her.

She tried to give her notice today but couldn't because the computers weren't available. What??? They told her she can do it tomorrow but post date it to today. They really need to get their act together over there!
annsforte3, Chatterbox-1, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:10 PM   #431
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lots of chatter on here today! I think it sounds like most of the women in this group work too hard! I think we all love to help and aren't content to just sit...well, most of the time anyway! LOL

Way to go Kathy and I hope you body recovers quickly from all that work!

Catherine, I sure hope they find DD1's checks. Sheesh! Unfortunately, there are a lot of employees who don't care whether their job gets done properly. So sad.

Melody, I loved your pumpkin spice card!
Old 09-22-2019, 02:29 PM   #432
Proud Fan Club Member

Adorable!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 02:53 PM   #433
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, that was an awesome video of the cat and squirrel! So sweet. It was weird how he'd fall over when he tried to sit and eat. What a tolerant cat!
mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:41 PM   #434
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm thinking he had to be injured by the other squirrels before being rescued. I can't believe the cat didn't try to eat him!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 05:16 PM   #435
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy day ladies and hope that you all sleep well.

Ann, Pokémon seems to be the craze at the moment for our DGS too...he’s moved on from LEGO to this and we had to find his dad’s games and cards out for him..he was on cloud 9 lol. Enjoy your time with Jack.

All of you ladies work so hard. Kathy rest up. Bless your dad for asking for a sick note.

Catherine the perpetual trophy is an annual trophy forever. A couple donated the silver platter that is engraved each year with the winners...it’s beautiful. Before the chap passed away last year he donated sufficient funds to the club to ensure that the trophy continues and with prizes. Originally they said the winners had to be married..lol...now the club had changed that rule. It’s a real honour to win it as the couple were one of the original clubs members and good golfers.

Sharon, we can FaceTime one another one day. I text Vicki but through my phone and my bill was horrendous. I need to use messenger or text through wifi.

Bye for now ladies...sorry if I’ve missed some chat...it’s time to go hit my orange ball. I’m one of the few people who play with an orange ball..lol.

I must check out Melody’s card first,...
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:35 PM   #436
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, the squirrel video is adorable of course! Reminds me of a waitress telling my dh and me awhile back, that her and her husband had a squirrel as a pet. I think he may have been injured but really can't remember, but they had him as an indoor pet. We got quite a kick out of hearing her tell us that.

Shirl
muscrat, annsforte3 and Chatterbox-1 like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:07 PM   #437
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That was adorable, Kathy!

Thanks for the explanation, Jayne, and congrats again!

We went to rent a sander for the deck. Wouldn't you know it, there is a problem with it so DH had to drive back into town. He tried calling them but, of course, they didn't answer the phone. We also picked the paint for the deck - hope I like it once we get it painted!
muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:52 PM   #438
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quiet on here today, you all are doing too good of a job limiting your time on here. Who am I going to talk to?

DH's dad and step-mom just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary - though we didn't know it was their 50th until after the fact. So, DH wanted me to make a 50th anniversary card that we can send to them. I finally took the time to do that this evening. I'll takes photos and upload tomorrow as we've lost the light for today. I decided to make a circle easel card and like how it turned out.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:17 PM   #439
Proud Fan Club Member

My mom and dad will celebrate 63 years on October 6th! I have decided to do a large kettle cook of vegetable soup outside in our turkey fryer! I bought it to do corn in the summer but have only used it once. Its huge, so I'm making it and inviting my sisters and brother and their families. My next door sister is getting a cake and I'll ask my other sister to bring some drinks.

Daily Scripture Thread

mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:21 PM   #440
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, Kathy, 63 years is awesome! And their anniversary is Oct. 6th? They almost got married on my birthday! My parents made 53 years before my dad passed and it was his second marriage.
muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.