Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-16-2020, 08:28 PM   #4321
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Tuesday everyone and whoohoo.....our Gracie has gone Dirty *wink* and a Dirty boy...wow that was a shock. I don’t know much about Brent other than he commented once on a card of mine and was a FS recently. That’s awesome.

Huge Congrats dear Gracie..you know I picked you way before the announcement and am so happy for you. My other guess was either Shelly or Angie (S2S). I would have gone with Kathy but she didn’t know who it was at the time either so that put my theory to bed. Kathy I am forecasting you next or Shelly. At least if we all have to go into self isolation for a few months we can all have time to create more..whoohoo.
Sharon, I so hope that your crop is cancelled and you don’t lose money. We are self isolating as much as possible. I spoke with my sister in the UK as they are over 70 and she’s going to take up knitting and baking again....if she can get flour. We have no flour here.

They implemented seniors over 60...which I am and have the card to prove it lol..can go and shop earlier. Apparently they still didn’t have stocks for them. Fortunately we are ok for a couple of weeks and cutting down on our loo roll use as best we can lol. Son3 is out and asked for some of ours so we will give him a couple of rolls to keep him going..pardon the pun. I hope our country closes its borders like Canada and Malaysia. It’s only a matter of time before the UK have to. They have forecast there’s at least 60000 cases there..eek. We had a 20% jump in cases in one day yesterday.

Kandie your photo and masks. You had us ROFL. Hilarious and if you go out in those you will frighten everyone away lol. I bet your skin is wonderful.

Well I’m playing today. I didn’t get to play yesterday and I need fun. Hubby is doing his hobby and we will keep going as best we can. It’s all out of our control now. I feel for the small businesses but our government will help as much as they can. I saw a group here that are leaving kindness packages for the elderly and homeless...I’m trying to see how we can help.

Kathy, glad your DH’s procedure went well. 

Ann, get well.  Hugs

Keep well and safe everyone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:14 PM   #4322
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's another funny for you.

Our cleaning lady just called and told
us she will be working from home and will send us instructions on
what to do.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, smadson, cdimick and 5 others like this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:23 PM   #4323
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Jayne! I'm very excited to be Dirty! LOL

I hope you have lots of fun playing today! Get inky for me, too! I'm hoping to get back in my craft room tomorrow. With my DB and SIL in Arizona, it seems we are always going somewhere, mostly outdoors.

Here, schools, Senior Centers, libraries and universities are closed. Some businesses. Lots of music and sporting events have been cancelled. Everyday more places are closing. I can't imagine how stressful this must be for people who can't work because of closures. It is encouraging to hear that things have started to improve in China. It's just all so overwhelming to try to comprehend how this virus has affected the whole world!

Take care everyone! Sending out lots of good vibes, love and hugs! We are so lucky to have each other during this trying time.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:24 PM   #4324
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, that is a good one! It's always good to keep our sense of humor!
mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:18 AM   #4325
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, your funny was a literal LOL for me this morning!!

Gracie, prepare for 6 months of cards, cards and cards! As half of us have been Dirty Girls, we know what you’re in for!

And our businesses are pretty much doing the same as yours. The main concern today seems to be what to do with all the corned beef and cabbage the local restaurants were going to serve for St Patrick’s Day. Being as our football team is the Fighting Irish, the town goes kind of overboard on the Irish thing. Green beer, and tinting the local river green for a day. In actuality, I think most of the local people are Belgian, LOL.

Oh Sharon . You’ve worked so hard with therapy to be able to go to your crop! I’m so sorry!

Shelly, oh goodness, whiplash is terrible! Prayers for you to have no lasting effects!

Ann, oh no on the continued symptoms from the shingles shot. No more of those for you, ever!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:31 AM   #4326
Proud Fan Club Member

DH went to the bank to get some cash for shopping (he does not use a bank card, ever). He’s gone to the same bank for years and knows all the ladies there. He told them he needed the money to be able to afford toilet paper, lol.

Speaking of toilet paper, I did a little research on where TP is made. Only 10% is made in China. 90% is made here in North America.

There is a run on gun sales now as people buy fire arms to protect themselves. And lumber to shore up windows on stores that have closed to protect them from looters. It is all beginning to look like some of the (formerly fictional) movies I’ve seen. I’m sincerely hoping this whole situation is resolved in 6 months as predicted.

With this flu, and age, and lack of a strong immune system due to the plaque psoriasis, I’m am stuck here at home for a while. I’m usually a homebody anyway. We won’t be going to any estate sales. DH took a mask and wore rubber gloves to the stores yesterday. He did pretty well, bought some fruit and cereals, pastas and sauce, and funny enough, he said the biggest area of shoppers was in the pet aisles! One guy told him his cats had to have their food, otherwise they would be mad at him and drive him nuts, lol. The guy’s cart was FULL of cat supplies!

mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:35 AM   #4327
Proud Fan Club Member

The colors for the Color Challenge this week are lovely!

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:57 AM   #4328
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all,

Kandie and Ann I hope you feel better soon.

Ann, I recommend curd, to put on the injektion side. It cools an takes care of the Inflammation. You must leave it on the injektion side, until it's dry.

Gracie, congratuiulations.

Tomorrow all shops are closed, except Supermarkets, Pharmacies, Gas Stations and Bakeries.

Sending hughs to all I missed.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:35 AM   #4329
Proud Fan Club Member

I bought cat supplies yesterday too.

Our pastor has started a daily scripture and message over our prayer chain. I've decided to start a thread with the scripture he uses. You will find that thread here.scriptural peace through pandemic 2020 a t632732.html

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
smadson, cdimick, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:08 AM   #4330
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Shelly, hope you are feeling better today!

Poor Athena is throwing up again, nice bright yellow all over the place this morning!

Kandie, I'm with you, needing to stay away from sickness, it takes so long for me to recover from any virus or cold.

Hoping we have enough supplies to last as stores have really nothing on the shelves. Spouse stopped in yesterday one last time to get some milk but there was none left. They said today they would be getting a shipment. You can freeze milk but it tends to separate afterwards.

I want to craft today too! Arm feels a bit better but it is still so red and sore. Weird how big and red it got after a shower, it grew!

Kathy, a prayer thread is just what everyone needs during this time no matter what your religion is.
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:15 AM   #4331
Proud Fan Club Member

Top o' the mornin' to you all! May the luck of the Irish be with all my friends today. I am still 4 pages back catching up on chatter but will chat soon.

My Gallery
Old 03-17-2020, 08:50 AM   #4332
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all!

Sending air hugs and encouragement to everyone!
Old 03-17-2020, 09:11 AM   #4333
Proud Fan Club Member

Almost everything shut down in our state too. Churches, schools all online only. I get emails all the time of something else closing. Our library and branches are close. In house dining shut down, but drive thru and delivery still on for now. Grocery, pharmacy can be open. I had my first dr. Appointment cancelled today. They called me this morning and re- scheduled for June. Hardly anyone on the streets. I asked about my others, she said they would probably each call individually for rescheduling. I still have one tomorrow with my wrist surgeon’s office. We still need some Tp, but DH has gone to several stores , and was going to check today, too. We have two 4 packs from just normal shopping, it would be nice to have another. They fill the shelves every day, but, they are empty when he goes, and he goes early! So we will just be careful how much we use. People who have kids at home and not at school need it more! With people not going to work, or school, will need more of it at home, now!

The president is saying try to keep groups of ten or less and have the 6 feet space. Our news people on TV last night sat at separate desks when giving the news instead of right next to each other. Seemed weird.

I can’t get into crafting! But my plan is to get in there and do something today! It would be fun to see if we can could flood the gallery With cards and layouts!

And remember God is in control!
Prayers for all of you!
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:15 AM   #4334
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We have a break in the rain (hopefully short break) and when I looked out my front window a deer was looking back at me. Yesterday was a crazy busy and I never got a chance to get back on here. Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Between work and then hunting for flour (didn't find any), I had just barely enough time to make the things I was taking to our small group Bible study dinner last night....there were 10 of us as several cancelled attending. Then that went late - DD1 had LOTS to say - so I was going all day long.

So much chatter to read this morning! DH was happy that the dentist cancelled his appointment. He had a Thursday appointment but they are down the hill and he is working from home. I told him they'd probably be happy to reschedule and then they called to cancel it themselves.

Ann, I'm so sorry to read that your reaction is worse this time. Praying for you!

Kandie the photo of you in your mask totally cracked me up!

Sharon great suggestion that she put the stinky mask with our stinky tp! If this hysteria continues, I think we might be using that stinky tp, hopefully it is airing out nicely in the garage.

Sorry about your crop and having to decide what to do there.

Do you all have zinc tablets to take to boost your immune system? I also hear good things about elderberry syrup.

So sorry about your whiplash too, Shelly! If I'm in an accident, I always go see my chiropractor as soon as I can after the accident just hoping to avoid ongoing issues. I'm thankful to have a good chiropractor as they aren't all created equal.

Gracie, I've been wondering if our libraries are open here. Thankfully, if they aren't, I have a good supply of books in print to read and then I have a HUGE supply of electronic books to read too, so I should be good with reading material.

Kandie, I love your DH's sense of humor!

Dagmar, I hope your DH is feeling better.

Jayne, what did you create yesterday?

Kathy, thank you for the link.

OK, here are a few photos that I promised yesterday. We did get more snow than that but it is mostly gone now.
Attached Thumbnails
g86gl%25yrswec0bxccpy1ea_thumb_a7d.jpg   zq7-ef%25lrcmwuswnnozsqg_thumb_a80.jpg   8jsuyajhryuw-moyzrnrng_thumb_a81.jpg  
Old 03-17-2020, 09:28 AM   #4335
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, you DID get snow! Brrrrrrr!!

Dusty did not like me wearing that goofy cheetah face mask. She came real close to me and just kept staring at my eyes, lol. Yes, I said, I’m still here somewhere!

DH (and crew) has to work today pricing stuff in a house for an estate sale (date to be determined). He came into the living room with a pair of socks draped over his shoulder, looked thoughtful for a moment, went back into the bedroom and came back with a second pair of socks in his hand. He said he had already gotten a pair out but he forgot where he put them lol. I told him, oh sweetheart, you are SO not awake yet!

mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:31 AM   #4336
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, does Athena eat people food? Dusty loves turkey and chicken, and she eats her dog food as well, but when she gets a bite or two of any kind of pork, she throws up yellow slime for the next few hours. It took us a while to make the connection to the pork products.

mcschmidty, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM   #4337
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, I finally got a couple of cards done. It seriously has been months. I’m still in my jammies, too, at 12:30. The benefit of DH being gone for a bit, lol.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:36 AM   #4338
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, Kandie, brrrr is right. It was 34 degrees when I got up at 7:30 this morning. To think last week we were near 80 degrees! In fact, Honey is back in one of her sweaters due to the cool weather.

I can imagine Dusty didn't like the mask, too funny. Also too funny about your DH forgetting where his socks were, clearly not fully awake.

I'd better get off here and get to work, I'll have to check out your cards later.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:41 AM   #4339
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I can check out books from our library and read in the app Overdrive or my other app, Libby. So I am good, even though our library is closed.

Oh, and DH scored a 12 pack of Tp, so we are good. . Can’t believe, you can’t find flour, Catherine!
Old 03-17-2020, 09:41 AM   #4340
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, that is hilarious with your DH's socks on his shoulders...just like me and 2 pairs of glasses on my head. Glad you got a couple cards done, it's 9:30 here and I haven't gotten in my room yet, still in PJs drinking coffee.

Catherine, Brrrrr is right. It was 35 degrees here yesterday when I got up, but no snow and it was sunny and warmed up to 62 degrees. Nice.

Yay, Sharon, TP! What a good hubby! Hope you have a good day!
Old 03-17-2020, 10:00 AM   #4341
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, forgot to wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
AnnetteMac, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:06 AM   #4342
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Does the extreme itching at the injection site mean it's healing? Anyone know?
mcschmidty and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:38 AM   #4343
Proud Fan Club Member

I have finally read through all the chatter. I am so grateful to have you all here to chat and laugh with.

Kandie- I hope you feel better soon. Your baby blanket was gorgeous and your masks made me nearly spit out my tea.

Ann- I am sorry about your reaction to the shingles vaccine. I hope you recover soon.

Dagmar- Prayers for your DH.

Life
here is interesting to say the least. I cancelled all of our travel
plans yesterday and was able to get a full refund on everything (thank
God). It is so disappointing because we were going to Hawaii and going
to meet up with Vicki and Des. Our province has shut down all schools,
pre schools, and daycare facilities so I am out of a job. Ours is a
private run, non profit pre school so if I don't work, I don't get paid.
Fortunately, my DH is a teacher and still has his paycheck. He is also a
retired military member and we have his pension as well.

I
sold a couple of my books at the recent art show and have a comissioned
piece that I am working on, so that's a few more dollars.
Here are my pieces from the art show.
Attached Thumbnails
20200221_103927.jpg   artshow1.jpg   20200221_103832.jpg  

My Gallery
Old 03-17-2020, 10:43 AM   #4344
Proud Fan Club Member

The dentist office just called and canceled my appt for next Tuesday. I'll bet DH is lucky to have had his procedure yesterday because they will soon start canceling those! I went uptown again. Got some hamburgers in the frozen foods, was surprised to find bananas! Got some tuna, and pie shells. Going to make a chocolate pie. I'm having DH stop at Walmart to try and get a case of water and coffee. If I can have coffee, I will survive! LOL

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:19 AM   #4345
Stazon Splitcoast

Annette, those are fabulous books!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 03-17-2020, 11:23 AM   #4346
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, Annette, those are fabulous books!!

So sorry you are out of a job! More time to craft and talk to us!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:30 AM   #4347
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you ladies!

My Gallery
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:11 PM   #4348
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, you are quite an artist! Gorgeous projects!
Old 03-17-2020, 01:03 PM   #4349
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Georgeous books, Annette.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:48 PM   #4350
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!

Tomorrow's letter is "N" and the last letter for round 12!

Keywords: ABC12N26, ABC12, and your personal keyword if using one!

WE WILL TAKE A WEEK off and start with round 13 on April 1. I will close this thread on March 31 and move to a new one! Prepare for moving day! LOL!
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 4 others like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:37 PM   #4351
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Sharon and Dagmar

My Gallery
smadson, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:55 PM   #4352
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow Annette, love your books. Awesome work.

Catherine...snow..wow. Post your photos on the photography thread. I am going to post some photos from our visit to sculptures by the sea last week. As we can’t travel the world now, I think we should bring the world in. I made 2 cards yesterday. I meant to scrap but my mojo is low plus I’ve had ocular migraines again including one this morning. I’m ok and think maybe stress related. Who knows. We are still self isolating as much as we can except food shopping and will play golf together and walk the beach path.

I was happy to see the envelope tutorial and maybe scrapbooking will have a revival. I’m into envelopes and using them at present so I will give that a go. We stay in bed later...we are laying around and just doing the same as we always did in the house. I’m not socialising with friends other than on FB and through calls. I touched base with elderly single friends today to make sure they were ok. One isn’t well but assured me she’s fine.

I like the funnies you post and the chat is good. We heard that people in some States in the US are stocking up on gun supplies. I pray this is incorrect reporting. Our PM has asked for calm and asked for everyone to stop panic buying. We haven’t had loo rolls, hand sanitiser, soap, pasta, rice, tin goods, flour, sugar, yoghurt and now meats are low. It’s crazy. We are checking what we have and eating less and making sure we don’t waste food. Good for my diet lol. 

We have had all travel banned out of Australia, visits limited to aged care homes, if at all and gatherings no more than 100.  We had 3 healthcare workers at our local hospital contract the virus. So sad. 
 Keep well and safe ladies and happy creating. I like the idea of flooding the gallery.
AnnetteMac, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:38 AM   #4353
Proud Fan Club Member

Annette, FABULOUS book art and painting. You are so talented!!! What do you charge for your altered books? I dearly love book crafts.

Jayne, I made hand sanitizer in a 16-oz aloe Vera gel bottle by emptying out half of the gel into another bottle and pouring in alcohol and a few drops of tea tree oil for additional disinfectant and also a better scent than rubbing alcohol. DH is taking it to work with him. I checked on Amazon for more gel but the prices are horrendous, then I tried Walmart and the online system still has gel and rubbing alcohol at normal prices with free 2-day delivery. So that and an order of empty pump bottles from Amazon and I can at least pass out some sanitizer here.

We are also out of flour, most frozen goods, canned fruit and vegetables and meat. DH found pasta and pasta sauce so we’ll be eating a lot of spaghetti. He was thrilled to find bananas at a health food store (expensive).

DH’s DS1 is driving him nuts with indecision on when to hold this estate sale. This morning he received a text that the sale was on for this weekend and could I make him a bottle of hand sanitizer for the customers. I said, what, for all 2 or 3 who might show up?
Attached Thumbnails
fe245799-1796-4a52-a577-1ffcf6cc7b5a.jpeg  

Old 03-18-2020, 06:40 AM   #4354
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, have you tried today’s envelope tutorial yet?

Ann, YES, I believe the itching around the site is a sign of healing! Finally!

Old 03-18-2020, 06:43 AM   #4355
Proud Fan Club Member

How to make hand sanitizer.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:44 AM   #4356
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, found it early and posted it last night. I did the mini album using 6x6 paper. Didn't want to waste my envelopes, as I have no one who needs an album at the moment.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 06:48 AM   #4357
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, absolutely gorgeous!

Old 03-18-2020, 06:50 AM   #4358
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks, Kandie. I pulled all the sheets from a birthday DSP 6x6 pack I had. They are all so vivid and they go together well.

On a bright note, my SU order is supposed to arrive today. It was stuff I ordered using birthday money from the class and DH.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 07:41 AM   #4359
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay, Kathy, goodies coming! I love it when good things are due to arrive.

mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:14 AM   #4360
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all!

Ann, glad you arm sounds like it might be healing with the itchiness.

Annette, beautiful painting and books! So talented!

Jayne, sorry to hear you have headaches again. No fun. I'll have to check out your cards today. Hugs!

Kandie, thanks for sharing the hand sanitizer info. Too bad your DH has to work on the estate sale. Hopefully, no one ill will come to the sale, but people are pretty dumb sometimes, especially if they think they're going to get a good deal.

Kathy, I'll have to check out your mini album...I'm sure it's beautiful.

Well, I think I'll go look at the galleries, no wonder I don't get my cards made. Too busy looking! LOL