Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-10-2020, 08:43 AM   #4081
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Melody, why did you stay up so late?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:53 AM   #4082
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning! OK, good morning....neither DH nor I slept well last night. I am blaming the time change for the lack of good sleep, that is my story and I'm sticking to it! lol Poor DH, he has to sit at work for 8 hours and work, not sleep! Actually, I have church board meeting tonight which is a bummer for me on this amount of sleep.

Jayne, perhaps Thing1 is stalking you! Glad you got some crafting time and I look forward to seeing your cards. Speaking of coffee, I'd better go get my second cup.

Kandie, it looks like we have sunny weather until Saturday...and getting warmer until then. When I looked at my weather app this morning, I got a surprise. When I last looked at it, it showed rain for Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. This morning it still showed rain for Sat/Sun, but it showed snow for Mon/Tuesday! I don't think it will happen, but it was still a shock to see it there this morning.

And you are excellent at creating vignettes, you really have a knack for decorating.

Ann, I was thinking about you and your DH this morning. When is he planning to retire? Or has he already? I hear that the insurance thing is very confusing.

Thanks for the reminder about pi day too!

Up till 3:00 am, Melody?! Wow, I would be sleeping in too!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:54 AM   #4083
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I am going to try to craft today!
Jayne I watched two more videos on junk journals by Kelly today. I wasn’t interested, and now inspired! LOL
Catherine, and Ann, and Kandie, and other book readers among you, this year so far, I have read 8 Anne of Green Gables books, and there are more! At least three! Have any of you read all of them. I cannot get enough of Anne!
Oh, and a word about audio books. Our DD loves them, but I prefer to read. I listened to a couple of audios, and decided that.
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:56 AM   #4084
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I have not read the Green Gables books, but will add them to my list since you said they are a good read.

I also prefer to read then listen to books. My oldest son listens to books while driving between clients! Guess it takes his mind off of running his business!
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:58 AM   #4085
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi, Catherine! We posted at the same time. Our DD always does something for PI day. I didn’t even know what it was when our kids were at home! Did celebrating just start in the last 25 years? LOL
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:58 AM   #4086
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Sharon! I hope your crafting goes well today.

You know, I'm not sure I've read any of the Anne of Green Gables books. I can't believe I haven't, but it would have been a long time ago.

I, too, prefer to read books - and prefer books to Kindle or some other electronic format - rather than listen, however, listening is great for my 30 minute commute. And I often check out books on CD from the library before a road trip.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:01 AM   #4087
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm not sure when the celebrating of Pi Day started, Sharon. I went to college with a Pi obsessed guy (he even started a scholarship at the college based on a Pi memorization contest). I'm not sure how many digits he had Pi memorized to but a LOT! DD2 has it memorized out to 30 digits or so. Her math teacher at the high school usually has a treat for those who can recite Pi on Pi day. DD2's first Pi day there, the teacher had Moon Pies for their treat. Other kids were asking about what it was for, DD2 realized what it was and just started reciting Pi earning her a Moon Pie!
mcschmidty, muscrat, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:06 AM   #4088
Proud Fan Club Member

we Used to listen to books on road trips, but now don’t have cd or tape player in car, and really not taking road trips. It would be nice for my hour trip to the retreat, but don’t how I would do it. Evidently, they don’t make cars anymore with those options. I had read the first Anne of Green Gables when I was young and had seen the PBS Green Gables movies ten or so years ago. Now they have newer ones on PBS, but never watched them. The books are better and go further. Katherine, I do read them on my Kindle, though.

Ann they are a good read, for me I couldn’t read fast enough and get the next one started! Of course I wasn’t crafting. . If you get overdrive or Libby app, you can check them out for free with your library, if you have a card. The ninth one, I am going to have to watch for a deal, though. The library doesn’t have it.
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #4089
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening all! I cleaned my craft room today...it was a disaster! Now, I need to do some crafting. It's a rainy day here.

Catherine, with the time change, we're probably on the same time now, since AZ doesn't change the time. Sure hoping no snow! Yuck!

I love to read books, whether on iPad or real thing. I'm not good at listening...I get too distracted. LOL

I can't remember if I read Ann of Green Gables. I know I read all the Little House on the Prairie books. My favorite book was Island of the Blue Dolphins when I was young. I think it was because it was one of the rare books (back then) that had a strong female as the central character.

Well, I'd better get going if I'm going to make any cards now that I can see my table top again!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:22 PM   #4090
Stazon Splitcoast

I was up late because I just wasn't tired. Today I had to go to Walmart, because there are some things DH won't buy or I want to pick myself. They had TP, but I guess there were some kinds they were out of. I heard the store person telling a lady they would have it tomorrow morning.

I also needed vitamin C - nope. They had maybe 5 bottles on the shelf, but not the kind I like, so DH ordered some on line.

Also needed to get the refill for soft soap. That shelf was almost empty as well, but there was 1 bottle of the kind I wanted.

The vitamin C and soap make sense that people are buying them, but certainly not TP.

I finished my 3rd class card today for Thursday, so I did get some things done.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 03-10-2020, 05:22 PM   #4091
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Popping in quickly between work and heading back to town for church board meeting.

Sharon, we have OLD vehicles so they have CD players, and the van (which is a 2000 Sienna) has a CD player and cassette player! DD1 bought some sort of device from Amazon so she can play music and podcasts from her phone through her car system. I still need to try it in the Camry and see how it works. My phone is also old so I'm not sure it will work. (Her phone is newer than mine.)

Gracie, I'd have to confess that I'm hoping the snow becomes rain here where I live. Still hoping to get rain...and lots of snow up in the pass. We certainly need the moisture.

I randomly found a book in my public library when I was a pre-teen/teen and it became my favorite book. It is called Basketball Girl of the Year. It also had a strong female central character and she played basketball too, which I did. Years later I found it online so I bought it because I loved it so much!
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:23 PM   #4092
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Melody, I'm glad to hear they are purchasing useful things like vitamin C and soap!
Old 03-10-2020, 05:29 PM   #4093
Stazon Splitcoast

I think Anne of Green Gables was a required book in school (elementary maybe?), but I don't even remember what it was about and haven't read any others. I prefer real books, but DH like e-readers. I typically don't keep my books.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Old 03-10-2020, 05:32 PM   #4094
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning. I also prefer to read rather than listen to audio. I’m also with Gracie..I’m not a good listener and learning to do that. So I’m told by my family...mmm! We do listen occasionally to a podcast during a long journey..well we did it once and I actually enjoyed that.

I’ve woken with a headache and my sinus and nose are blocked. I’ve spluttering and using a lot of our tissue stocks lol. I have a funeral to go to..very sad..a lady from our golf club, only 67. Hubby says I shouldn’t go if I’m spluttering and blowing my nose or I will get some cross looks. How we can keep 1m apart I don’t know.

Ann I hope that you get all your finances and will in order. We did those too when we retired. We have private health insurance. It’s expensive but necessary.

Sharon check out junkjournalideas on You Tube. That’s where I got the tutorial from to make mine. I haven’t made another yet...too busy getting inky with cards and I need to scrap. 

Melody our supermarket shelves are still empty.  I still can’t get soap, no loo rolls, paper towels, tissues, pasta, rice...all kinds of things...it’s crazy. They say stocks are coming in but it’s been a week now.

Happy day everyone
Old 03-10-2020, 06:32 PM   #4095
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, a lot of chat while I finished my card. Now to upload.

Melody, glad you were able to get Vitamin C and soap. It is a crazy world sometimes.

Catherine, I hope your meeting is short tonight and that you just get rain and no snow.

Jayne, sorry to hear about your sinuses! That's miserable. So sad about your friend's passing at only 67! I will be 67 in October...yikes! You probably will get dirty looks if you cough or sneeze...people are so paranoid. Hugs to you!
Old 03-10-2020, 06:36 PM   #4096
Proud Fan Club Member

Anne of Green Gables takes place in Prince Edward Island Canada. It is about an orphan girl that gets sent to a brother and sister by mistake; they wanted a boy. The books are very good. Lucy Maud Montgomery creates wonderful characters.

Anne, I understand why you haven’t heard of it with all boys! . Our daughter and I read the first one when she was home and then we watched the movies on PBS. A girl thing!
annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:41 PM   #4097
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, so that’s why I haven’t read Anne of Green Gables..we have 3 boys lol. Somewhere in my memory bank I think we went to a house on one of our trips where the author lived who wrote these books or am I hallucinating today because of my blocked sinus lol. I shall ask hubby. He remembers everything except what happened yesterday on a tv series we watch lol.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:41 PM   #4098
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Jayne, I just went back and read about your friend. So sorry. Hope your sinuses get better, quickly. Oh, and I will look up that video. I sure am watching a lot of videos, but not crafting.

Gracie, good for you creating a card and uploading it! I will go look.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:43 PM   #4099
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
Sharon, so that’s why I haven’t read Anne of Green Gables..we have 3 boys lol. Somewhere in my memory bank I think we went to a house on one of our trips where the author lived who wrote these books or am I hallucinating today because of my blocked sinus lol. I shall ask hubby. He remembers everything except what happened yesterday on a tv series we watch lol.

I bet it was on that cruise we were on together! We went and saw the house she based the story on! Prince Edward Island Canada.
muscrat, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:46 PM   #4100
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok wrong author, wrong country lol. It was the book The Scarlet Letter I have and Nathaniel Hawthorne..we visited the house in Salem many years ago. How could I get that so wrong lol.
smadson, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:47 PM   #4101
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
I bet it was on that cruise we were on together! We went and saw the house she based the story on! Prince Edward Island Canada.

It was that trip lol but wrong time. We went to Salem before our cruise. I don’t think we went to Prince Edward Island from the cruise. Which port would that have been Sharon? Ooh I so wish we had known one another then.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:01 PM   #4102
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, here are two layouts from Glen Gables. Our port was Charlottetown. We Did it in October of 2012 on the Emerald Princess.. I don’t know if that was the one we wer on together or not.
Sure glad we got our cruising done!

TechVSBN01 Green Gables sm by smadson - at Splitcoaststampers
TechVSBN02 Green Gables 2 sm by smadson - at Splitcoaststampers
Old 03-10-2020, 07:02 PM   #4103
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
Ok wrong author, wrong country lol. It was the book The Scarlet Letter I have and Nathaniel Hawthorne..we visited the house in Salem many years ago. How could I get that so wrong lol.

LOL
Old 03-10-2020, 07:46 PM   #4104
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!

Tomorrow's letter is "O"!

Keywords: ABC12O25, ABC12, and your personal keyword!!

Have fun creating!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:25 PM   #4105
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, I go to church board and you ladies were chatting up a storm! The meeting wasn't short so no crafting this evening. I should be headed to bed right now, in fact, but I'm hanging out with DD2 for a few minutes.

Jayne, I hope you are feeling better very quickly! So sorry about your friend, 67 is far too young.

Sharon and Jayne, too funny about you two and cruising! Now I need to go check out your scrapbook pages.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:49 AM   #4106
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, love your pages. I wish we had taken that tour now and I could have worn the wig/hat LOL and maybe chatted with you.

My sinus are still bad but the headache has gone. I'm using up our tissue stocks LOL.

Thank you ladies about my friend from golf. She was the most courageous beautiful woman I have met. Not once did she complain about her illness and always had a smile on her face. The funeral, albeit sad, was a wonderful celebration of her life. Her sons did her proud as did her DIL's. She liked a drink and I chose not to go to the wake but have come home and poured myself a drink to celebrate her and to say cheers Angie. She would smile at this. It has made me reflect a lot. I worry about my weight; I worry about whether I should have a wine or not (I don't drink a lot) but I do like a wine now and again; I worry about this virus, I worry about the kids/poppets. I'm now reflecting and thinking why do I worry if I can't zip up my jeans, etc. I need to just keep enjoying life and be the best person I can. Angie loved life and I have never seen so many people at a funeral in the city. She also was at peace with her illness and ready to give up her fight and meet her maker. I will miss her smile and laughs at golf but she will be up there cheering all of the ladies on and especially on the 19th hole.

It also made me realise how thankful I am to have all of you ladies in my life. We may never meet but I feel I know some of you as much as I know some friends here. I'm sending smooches and hugs to everyone today. Life is too short to not tell people how grateful you are.

Now some of you may think I've had one too many drinks, but I haven't LOL.

Happy day ladies.
mcschmidty, AnnetteMac, smadson and 5 others like this post.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:45 AM   #4107
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Jayne, I feel exactly how you feel about all my friends here online! Like you said we may never meet but we are the best of friends!!

We got snow last night and it is covering the grassy areas and oh so foggy! It's suppose to melt though!

Our trust/will is going to be done in about two weeks. We then have to send copies of a letter from the attorney to all our banking institutions and other accounts stating we have a trust. Will be glad when we are done and everything is in place. One less worry for my kids for the future.

Jayne, hope you feel better soon and kick that sinus stuff in the ...!

What's on the agenda for everyone else today? Do you realize that it is only one more week to this round?
shirlb19, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:54 AM   #4108
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne and Ann, I agree with you, our online friends are so supportive and sweet, even though we may never meet. Sending love, smiles and hugs to all of you!

Ann, that will be good to have all that paperwork done and out of the way...more time for crafting, the important paper! LOL

Jayne, hope your sinuses are clearing up. A little wine or whine now and then is good for the mind and body!!! Hugs!

I'm meeting a friend for lunch and then playing Mahjong. I'm hoping to make my O card this morning. Only one week left...my how time flies!

Have a blessed day!
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:56 AM   #4109
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Another sunny, warm day here. Hard to believe that we have snow on the forecast for Monday/Tuesday still!

I echo Jayne, Ann, and Gracie about how much I appreciate all of you and your friendships. You are such a blessing in my life. And I miss those who haven't popped in for a while...Vickster! Continue to pray for all of you. Sharon, I was happy to report to my family about your healing progress. We have been praying for all of you as a family too.

Jayne, there is nothing like a death to cause reflection. Your friend sounds like she was a lovely woman and definitely gone too soon.

Yes, I hope you get over that sinus problem soon. I'm glad the headache is gone!

My agenda today is going to work. I hope to have some time to craft tonight when I get home. DD1 is frustrated with college right now because they are transitioning to classes online through the end of March. Unfortunately, they aren't going to have classes at the same time online as they would on campus, it will be available at their convenience. She is concerned because she knows she isn't the best at self-motivation when it comes to school work. She has been doing so well with college too. Hopefully, since she realizes this about herself, she'll do better. I need to ask her how I can help her during this time.

Meeting a friend for lunch sounds like fun, Gracie, enjoy!
Old 03-11-2020, 09:33 AM   #4110
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, friends. Sorry about your friend, Jayne.

We had just a dusting of snow last night, but it is all gone now, except for a scrap on the car.

I ate a late breakfast, then rinsed and trimmed a huge bunch of cilantro DH picked up at the store this morning.

Then I did dishes, while DH was waiting for me, so he could dirty some of the pans I was washing. I'm usually done sooner, but not today. He cooks his own meals, and uses a lot of pots and pans, etc. But, I'm not complaining, because I don't have to cook for him.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:58 AM   #4111
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, Melody, how did that happen that you got a spouse that cooks! I think my spouses mind is back in the 1950's!!
mcschmidty, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:40 AM   #4112
Proud Fan Club Member

Bucknell University is closing for the semester and doing online classes instead. My DH works at another large university. They are not closing as of now. They are urged to stay home if they are sick in any way.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
Old 03-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #4113
Proud Fan Club Member

Dads motorized chair arrived today. He is having difficulty using It because of his coordination and his eyesight. I've had to make some adaptations. It has a joy stick that is black so he can't see it well. What he does see, he tries to push buttons that he shouldn't so I made a black cardboard cover so he can't change the speed! I'm trying to figure out a better way to see the joystick.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 03-11-2020, 10:46 AM   #4114
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, Kathy, this is getting so strange all across the country.

Yesterday, we stopped at Costco after the attorney appointment! They were out of Kirland, their brand, of toilet paper. First time I have ever seen that at one of their stores. They were bringing out Charmin instead which was $3 higher a package.

Almost everyone I saw was buying water and toilet paper.

Funny thing too, items that I am used of seeing in the stores are not there. Nestle chocolate chips for one and skippy peanut butter, has not been in the store for weeks now.
mcschmidty, muscrat, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:18 AM   #4115
Proud Fan Club Member

Some of that could be shipping issues. My demo friend hasn't gotten a shipping confirmation on our SU order from Saturday yet.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 01:10 PM   #4116
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, Katherine, and all of you for your prayers! And hugs to all of you. Really don’t know what I would do without you all to vent to and be encouraged by. I know I am better than I was even a week ago. I drive myself to PT today. We are working on strength. It just seems I have none, but he was pleased with my progress. It was hard today, and my hands are always sore. Can’t wait till the soreness and pain at night is gone.

Guess what? I am making a card. What a deal? I couldn’t remember where my big shot was, it was in Plain sight. I didn’t know where to look for my embossing folders; thankfully the plastic container on the shelf was labeled Embossing Folders! LOL
But still looking for my SU! Thin liquid glue. I had just found it in October after After it was misplaced for six months!

We went out to eat, fill my car and pick up drugs. Now I am too tired to craft! LOL
But I will get it done. I need it for a wedding shower, Saturday. Question: is a bride & groom card alright with the gift a a shower, or should it be a shower type card?
Old 03-11-2020, 02:08 PM   #4117
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, I think a bride and groom card is appropriate. The gift is for both of them right?
I mean it is not a lingerie shower right? LOL!
mcschmidty, smadson, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:30 PM   #4118
Proud Fan Club Member

Right, Ann. No lingerie. Thank you.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:19 PM   #4119
Proud Fan Club Member

My card is uploaded! Yay , back to crafting. I will let you know tomorrow how sore I am. Y the . I should not be lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk. Don’t know how heavy my big shot is, but I did have to also lift a plastic case filled with paper, than I couldn’t get it back where it was. Oh, and the glue was right in front of me! LOL
Old 03-11-2020, 04:38 PM   #4120
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Congrats Sharon! I saw your card it was adorable.

I don't know what to think about all this panic...hmmmm! I guess, I always practice good hygiene and am not that alarmed even though I'm part of the "aging" group who is supposed to be extra careful.

Catherine, I feel sorry for your daughter. Online school is OK, but I think you learn so much more being physically present in class. Hopefully, things will calm down.
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.